May 25th, 2010

It's all come down to the 'Idol' Top 2

We’ve finally made it to the Top 2 on “American Idol” ... and I am divided.

My heart says Crystal “MamaSox” Bowersox deserves to win, but my mind is telling me Lee DeWyze will take the title. Let’s be honest here: Inevitably, Lee will appeal to the tweens and teens that seem to make up the majority of the voting body.

The pair take to the stage Tuesday night for their last shot to impress “Idol” voters.

They will sing three songs each: two of their choosing and whatever tune that will become the first single of the winner. (Remember “No Boundaries” from last year? Let us pray they don’t let Kara DioGuardi anywhere near this year’s single!)

So what songs do we think the pair will select, and who do you think will reign supreme? Sound off!

Next entry »
  1. Ann

I was pulling for Crystal, but I am glad to see Lee was there also. I think they should do the voting like Dancing with the Stars. So many votes for each phone line. I know my self my husband and I voted a least 100 times for Crystal. It makes you wondor what votes they count. Good Luck to the both of them.

May 27, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Penny Baer

Fool me once, Chris over Adam (shame on you).... Fool me twice, Lee over Crystal (shame on me!!!). BS. Again, every poll showed Crystal the 2 to 1 favorite. Every internet review showed that Crystal was leaps and bounds better than Lee and should win. Every blog that I saw was heavily favored for Crystal. I am done with American Idol. It's obvious votes don't count. It's all about who Simon Fuller and the Judges want to win. Disghusting!

May 27, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. dom

That's it, I will never watch AI again. What mattershere, really great talent or the teeny boppers vote for someone who has some talent and is cute. This show should be the Teeny Boppers AI. I have had it!!!!

May 27, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

There are so many Lee's out there, he won't do well. Crystal style is in a league all alone and she will do well.

May 27, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. ame

Americal Idols voters...shame on you. Crystal was so good and shortchanged. Lee could not even sing well. He has no charisma. No wonder AI rating falls! Ridiculous!

May 27, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Christopher Harrison

Lee can't consistently sing on key and he butchered U2's "Beautiful Day". Crystal's awesome talent is so far beyond what Lee is capable of. Lee seems like a nice enough guy, bur he's proven he's not a good singer.

May 27, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Gary Hall

What a disappointment! Two years in a row now we have an American Idol winner who should have been voted off several weeks ago. Two bad years in a row and Simon not coming back next season portends a declining future for Idol. I am probably done watching it.

May 27, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Robert E Lee

The best person won tonight on IDOL. I thought it was going to go the other direction but this was graat! LETS HOPE THAT THE ABUSIVE STERN iS NOT ON IDOL NEXT YEAR. Crude and Rude does not make a shows viewer watching ratings go well. .

May 27, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. M J FAN

I was happy to see that Micheal Jackson made an apprearance on stage tonight and his voice was excellent. I was proud he did not grab himself on stage too. MJ please work out a little as your bum is getting a little bigger.

May 27, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. Susan

Lee didn't get the support he needed from Idol?? Of all of the guys, he was the one who was groomed by Idol to make it to the finale. For the second half of the season, he got rave reviews for barely staying in pitch and Crystal got slammed for being merely good instead of sensational. There was only one song in the finale that the contestant had zero control over. The producer's pick for Lee was very much in his vocal range. He got to wear his comfy sneakers and hang out. Totally in his element, style, and ability. Crystal on the other hand was given a song that Simon absolutely hates – a song she would never choose in a million years. The "hippie chick" was shoved into an unflattering black dress and made to descend stairs in high heels. If anyone was set up for failure it was Crystal. Blow that song, she was toast. And, neither final song was written for the contestant. They were covers. Lee will win because that's the style of singer chosen by the majority of the audience. He could have sung the alphabet and he will still win.

May 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. adam

The best vocal of the night belonged to Will Young, the winner of the first British Idol. He is amazing-He gets my vote!

May 26, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. Cree

Lee is my favorite. But I'll be surprised if he wins. The producer's pick for Lee was very disappointing as well as the song that was written for him if he wins. I think he did great considering the two lame choices for him. I think it was definitely geared for Mamasox to win. I really like her but think Lee did not get the support he needed from Idol.

May 26, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. Just A Thought

Last night was definitly Crystal's night! She was on it, and rocked it!

May 26, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. BOWERSOX

Bowersox is the better all around singer folks. Who cares about TWEEN appeal. She knocked it out tues night. Lee was flatter then ever, he choked. Talent, goes to Bowesox, if you was tween appeal and short lived career go with Lee.

May 26, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jimmy

2 years ago I felt David Archuletta should have won and he came in 2nd. Last year I felt Adam Lambert would win hands down and he also came in 2nd. So this year, I didnt want to jinx Lee so I didnt vote at all. Over the course of this season, I felt Lee was alot better than Crystal and he is ALOT more presentable compaired to her God awful dreds that looks like a rats nest. I really enjoy watching AI and just hate Simon is leaving as I feel he makes the show what it is.

May 26, 2010 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Maybe Lee realizes that 2nd is better and purposely didn't do as well. Also, being a shy boy, you could tell he was nervous. Crystal is good,but just like Lee worked in a paint store, we've heard a million times about her being a mom and her boyfriend. She tries to come across like this is all easy for her,but it seems that she comes across as arrogant.

May 26, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

And you thought Adam Lambert was presentable in his god awful mascara, black fingernail polish, and clothes too tight for a body that could stand six months in a gym and a low fat diet? Its like he went to a costume store and asked what he needed to wear to look like a rock star. It was so contrived and phony and I can't believe America fell for it. His career will be short lived and he won't be able to sustain the success. His screaming is already getting old.

May 26, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  16. jayjajay

Being an American Idol is about the whole package, so yes, looks and personality come into play. Crystal and Lee are both great singers and could do well commercially based on their voices along, but when it comes to the whole package, Lee has it. Crystal's smug arrogant looks won't go far with audiences.

May 26, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  17. Barb

Too boring to watch -- Both have talent but I would not pay to see either one in a sleepy guitar concert!!

May 26, 2010 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jack

Both Lee and Crystal are great singers. Lee just has more "commercial" appeal. He will sell the records. Crystal sounds the same in every song – like Janis Joplin. She even has the hippie look with her dread locks. Wish she'd lose the locks! Don't get me wrong – The girl has talent. Heck, she's already in a band. I kind of agree though with other posting – let her win so Lee can do his own thing and he will then outshine Crystal for sure! :o)

May 26, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Eddy

I believe Crystal should win purely becoz she gave it her all tonight and has been consistent through out the continuation. Im sick of people winning over looks ...i mean hello this American Idol not Americas next top Model...like jeez...what is up with the Universe... my baby girl crystal "mamasox" truly deserves this and hopes she takes it

May 26, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. ma

Simon actually looked disappointed that his boy Lee blew it. He's been pushing for him all season and he really isnt that good.
    Glad to hear some truth tonight for a change.

May 25, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Suzanne

Anyone who thinks Lee out-sang Crystal tonight is tone deaf. He deserves to be in the top 2 as much as I do! Even tonight the judges mentioned his inability to sing in tune! Since when to professional singers get kudos for not singing well! Apparently now, because Lee's managed to make it this far. Crystal blew him out of the water tonight, and she deserves this win hands down, regardless if you like her look or not! This would have been a far more interesting final had it been Crystal and Casey, but the kiddies (and the judges) wanted Lee, so here he is! If this guy wins it will be a travesty. Not that he isn't a cute guy, but jeez...is that really what this is all about?

May 25, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Fred

I want Crystal to win....only because idol winners never do that well. Lee(who will actually be winning by losing idol) will do amazing on his own. Don't get me wrong I really like them both....I just really hope Lee loses so he gets a chance to do his own thing.

May 25, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

I agree with you, I like Lee and runners up have been doing so much better in the past.

May 26, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
    • JRTL

Idol winners don't do well? Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia...............???

May 26, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Cree

I agree with Fred.

May 26, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • JD

IDOL Winners don't do very well? CARRIE UNDERWOOD 13 MILLION in sales after winning IDOL. KELLY CLARKSTON 11 MILLION in sales after winning IDOL. Even Kelly no tune carrying Pickler, 4 Million in sales!

May 27, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  23. gigi

Crystal is by far the better singer and deserves to win. I agree that this season is mediocre at best and Adam Lambert raised the bar. With Simon gone, and the rest of the judges giving their usual blah blah blah without saying much, this should end the shpw/. It has had a good run, but it is time to end.

May 25, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. suzyljank

The entire show tonight was slanted to Crystal's advantage including the song choices. I think they both can sing but don't much care for Crystal's personality. Hope Lee wins.

May 25, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz

I agree. The judges wanted Crystal to win tonight

May 25, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • hearttorchy

You obviously didn't watch the same show that we all saw tonight. If anything, the songs were geared towards Lee!

May 26, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  25. reimann

who was the guest singer who sang at the end?

May 25, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Old Man

Is it me or was this show a total reversal on who the judges wanted to win? I picked both Chrystal and Lee from the Chicago auditions.... tonight's show was totally slanted to make Mommasox shine... who the HELL set up the band for Lee's last two songs? The music drowned out his vocals to where you could barely hear them... I truely thought Lee was going to run away with it.. now it looks like Chrystal has it in the bag

May 25, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

I totally agree with you – I love Crystal since the auditions and the last song tonight by her was the best of the night. She deserves the success she'll see in the future as does Lee.
      One thing is obvious . whomever did the sound for tonight was a total loser. Crystal was totally drowned out by the guitar on Black Velvet . I didn't hear Lee on any of his songs really. What ever happened to both finalists doing the same song like they have in the past as one of theirs on finalist night ?
      I love both finalists and I do hope they record the song they did together as a duet on a past show because it was beautiful . But American Idol phoned in the sound check for this final . It was awful sound mixing tonight and it hurt Lee's performance tonight. I'm a big Crystal fan but fair is fair . American Idol should be embarassed with that kind of sound for a final .

May 25, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Josh M

I like them both. I will be happy if either one wins. I suspect the same though. The votes are mainly young girls, and they're more likely to vote for Lee. Crystal just doesn't fit their idea of a star despite the fact that she's very talented.

May 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  28. davinlcutch

is not liking the layout at this stage.....al season and a change at the finale.....HMMMMMM? Crystal....a perfect start!

May 25, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. MJ

Good luck to them both they are both winners and deserve to be where they are !!!

May 25, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. michele

ok is everybody getting a different looking page here or is it me????????... hope LEE rocks the house down tonight

May 25, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. davinlcutch

WOW...what a layout! What a night! Its ELECTRIC! Wahoooooooooo.

May 25, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. FLO

WHO REALLY CARES?????

May 25, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • idollfan777

exactly – who gives a rat turd about who wins this POS show anyways?

May 25, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't have bothered to comment.

May 26, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. moon627

..+***+.....+***+.....+***+.....+***+.....+***+.....+***+.....+***+.....+***+...

They are both so good it doesnt really matter who becomes the next American Idol
    They are both winners ! !

May 25, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dot

Neither one is as talented as Adam Lambert is. He set the bar too high AI has gone downhill from last season.

May 25, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Pat

I would love to hear both the contestants play music they've written. I know that's not what Idol's about, but the finalists both are songwriters. I know Crystal plays a lot of originals when she performs, no idea about the dude. Unfortunately, the tweens willl surely vote for him. I can only hope the support she's getting here in NW Ohio will be enough to offset that.

May 25, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. supersonicBLASTman

I'm with the minority here – Leon (they call him Lee) will win it. Crystal is cute, but she needs to lose the dreads. Seriously. She loses the dreads, she's in business. That's all I need to say.

May 25, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Rjd815

I'm on the fence. They're both talented and have worked so hard to make it to the final 2. They are fairly evenly matched.

May 25, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  38. kenn

Crystal should win. So sick of people saying that Lee has a good story. He worked in a paint store!!! Big deal. Lee cant sing at all. He also looks like he is always about to eat the microphone. Crystal may be the most unique America Idol ever to win if America would just get with the program.

May 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Rose

Usually the person who gets 2nd place has more albums so the person who wins will probably be lee:/

May 25, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rose

I meant usually the 2nd place person becomes more famous

May 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lena

I agree with you Rose....The runner up usually becomes more famous....Good luck to both of them...

May 25, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deena

That's not a given. David Cook won and has sold far more albums than David A. Funny, in that year, the judges were convinced David A. was going to win because he did so well on that last night. In this case, Lee will win because girls are the voters and they think he's 'cute.' Crystal is clearly a better singer and has much more stage presence. Lee was like a limp noodle on stage tonight and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. That last U2 song he did - Beautiful Day - was uninspired and just awful.

May 26, 2010 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  40. protogere

Wow I like this new layout!
    I think it really is anyone's game at this point, but as in year's past, winning doesn't mean success just like not winning the contest doesn't mean they slither away from a musical career.

May 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • davinlcutch

so true protogere! it still takes a ton of talent to make it. the show is the unlitmate launching pad though.

May 25, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Joyce

Simon's trying to tip it toward Lee, and I think it probably will be Lee. But at this point they've both won. They are both good enough to make hits if they pick the right songs.

May 25, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. rick

Lee's deserves it. He's more of an American idol, and has a great story as well. I think he will be the bigger star and sell more records than Crystal. Should be a great final though!

May 25, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. let's be real

Doesn't matter who is actually better... it's all about who votes. Sad, but so true.

May 25, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake Steed

Sad? Uhh, the voting process is the entire basis of the show. I've got lots more these days to be sad over for sure.

May 26, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  44. Stef

Same here my heart says Crystal deserves this the most and is unfairly being taken for granted just becasue she has been so good from the start. Lee has the momentum and is just generally more mainstream so I'm almost certain he will win this season. They are both talented and likeable I really wish them both success!

May 25, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |