May 24th, 2010

The 'Celebrity Apprentice' winner is....

Spoiler alert: Today’s blog entry reveals the winner of this season’s “Celebrity Apprentice.”

This is the first “Celebrity Apprentice” finale that made me cry, laugh and scream. No, I am not usually a spaz.

The show began with Donald Trump ending all questions about Bret Michaels. He announced Michaels would appear live in the boardroom, and even though we waited an hour and a half, it was worth it.

Trump introduced Holly Robinson Peete first, and she entered wearing a sparkly, silver, cleavage-showing, halter dress. Women, never wear that in a boardroom.

“Sit down, Holly,” Trump ordered. She told him she was standing for Bret, like everyone else, silly Trump.

Bret Michaels deserved his standing ovation. He walked in slowly, with a limp. He wore one of his signature bandanas, a blue one, and his parents clapped proudly in the audience. Once Michaels sat at the boardroom table, he seemed to lean on the table a bit for support. Otherwise, he looked pretty good for a man who’s been through all he has.

Eventually, it was Bret Michaels who heard the words, “You’re hired.” I screamed! That was indeed the right choice. Do you agree?

Peete couldn’t be surprised or mad. She said even her five-year old told her, “Mommy, I love you, but I am rooting for Bret.” She didn’t leave empty-handed either. Snapple gave her charity $250,000. (You may recall the final challenge for the finalists was to create a new Snapple flavor, a TV commercial and a print ad that must incorporate their charity’s message.)

Here are my other highlights:

When Michaels’ daughter Raine made a surprise visit, you saw who truly inspires him to live. Summer Sanders cried at the sight of them together, and I wiped tears too.

Bill Rancic, Joan Rivers, Carol Liefer, Sinbad, Rod Blagojevich, Michael Johnson, Selita Ebanks and Cyndi Lauper returned for final thoughts.

Will someone please find Rod Blagojevich a good therapist? The former Illinois governor still sang the same off-pitch song about being wrongly accused.

I loved Cyndi Lauper’s live performance. I laughed when she used the boardroom table as her stage.

Darryl Strawberry stated he had battled cancer and now had only one kidney. That explained his fatigue all season.

Let me know what you think about this season’s finale!

(Oh, and speaking of comments, I have enjoyed reading yours. Some of you thought I got my facts wrong last week. I didn’t. Have you ever noticed how the word “edit” has the same letters as the word “diet?” If you’ve ever been placed on a diet, things are taken away to help make you better. You pointed out that the edit confused you, and, like junk food, I probably never needed that original paragraph.)

1. what is hcg

I cherished as much as you will receive performed right here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored material stylish. however, you command get got an impatience over that you want be handing over the following. sick indisputably come more previously again as precisely the same nearly a lot often inside case you protect this hike.

May 15, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. сайт за фейсбук

Wonderful site. A lot of useful information is here. I'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you on your effort!

April 11, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Land Rover Garage North London

I simply could not depart your site before suggesting that I really loved the usual info an individual supply on your visitors? Is going to be again ceaselessly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

April 10, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. PC Repairs Berkshire

That is really interesting, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up for in search of extra of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

April 10, 2012 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. online hollywood movies

Woah this weblog is fantastic i really like reading your articles. Stay up the good work! You realize, many individuals are looking round for this info, you could help them greatly.

March 30, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. Valeria

I've been in finance for over four years now. I utdnrsnaed that you want to know how long the inquiry will be on your record. But really it doesn't matter. I'm sure you've heard that inquiries are bad, that's not really the case though. The reason that your score dips a little when you have inquiries is because years ago people only went to their local bank for any transactions (loans, cards, etc.) so when you had a lot of inquiries it looked like you were looking everywhere for money and no one would give you any. Credit scores are supposed to reflect risk, and if no one would give you money then you were high risk. In the last few years the bureaus have decreased the significance of inquiries because these days everyone checks their credit all the time. It doesn't reflect risk anymore. If you check your credit 8-10 times in a month, ya, it will dip. But for what your talking about, it shouldn't be an issue. Just check your credit when your serious about getting something, and don't just apply everywhere just for fun and you'll be golden.

March 17, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Fluser General Business Directory

I am in accordance completely

October 7, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Christopher Pereira

March 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Reality check

If I hear another opinion that Holly was "mean", I'll scream. She was to-the-point and did not nitiate barbs, she just responded to them, and never in a vicious way. Piers Morgan and Joan Rivers – now they were mean. They each repeatedly made nasty remarks about other celebrities – and guess what – THEY BOTH WON. So, I think it's really sorry reasoning to say that Bret was "nicer" or more "respectful.". Who cares!!! – obviously not Donald Trump.

May 27, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rose Ann Hudson

Was there a "Grievance Procedure" in place for this "boardroom" ? Did Mr. T have a desk full of "Grievances" ? Holly "fired" herself! Where was the professionalism? Why the personal attacts on the other competors? Business is business, and all of this must be weighed and ultimately a decision made. The most educated person is not always the best candidate for a position, it is a gamble making a selection and I found that the person you interview is not always the person you hire. Mr. T was able to watch these folks in "action", what a privilege! Agree with his selection!

May 27, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  11. JJ

I am so glad Bret won! Holly definitely worked hard, but she was a not a team player. I like her and am so happy Snapple gave her the donation for her charity. She deserved this! But still I believe Bret deserved the final win!
    I missed seeing Sharon at the finale. I know she has other things going on, but couldn't believe she would miss this final event.

May 26, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. RCW

I think Brett is the lesser of the two idiots................................

May 26, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Barbara Heger

Bret Michaels is my new hero! He proved that all rock stars are not druggies. The only drug he takes is life-saving insulin. He should be on the board of the ADA. His appearance on the Celebrity Apprentice did more to raise diabetes
    awareness, and if a cure or new treatment is found, that will be his legacy. Bravo, Bret

May 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Realistic

Hey, "Irritated", read Jan's comment. She explains (with accuracy to me) why Holly, the supposed loser, got $250,000 as well as Bret. You guys have a really short memory. Remember in the first two episodes how Bret overslept, and then didn't do anything because he said nobody told him what to do. Yes, he never argued or disagreed with anyone, so he's being called "respectful". In the business world, we call that being a "yes-man". Glad your health is on the mend Bret, but let's be real – he is nobody's leader.

May 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Delia

You think you got it tough? Wait 'til puberty kicks in, then you will see what wlilful can be. Ah I remember it well.Basically Tara needs to know that NO' in a certain way really means NO' end of!If she thinks no' means that mummy will shout at me until next time I do it you will get nowhere. If you have to spend days outside her bedroom to enforce your no' then do it! Every time you back down reinforces her strength of wlilfulness.SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!!She's still gorgeous though (x) LOL

March 15, 2012 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. bon

No one has ever mentioned that when decorating the apartment in NY the room that was the least liked was the 'seafoam green' that Holly picked. Instead they all talked about the red room that Cyndi L decorated. Then fired her because she let The Donald know that Holly picked the color. Still, the room was fav of the judges..loved not only the color but the edgy decor. Theyreally didnt like the green bedroom but that was never mentioned by The Donald, little Donnie or anyone...That's when Holly should have been fired

May 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SoCalNative

I think Trump got it SO RIGHT!! I have totally jumped on the Michaels bandwagon!! He is an awesome guy...he's really nice on the eyes too!! I enjoyed the last few episodes of the apprentice and look foreward to hearing good things about Bret Michaels in the future!!

May 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Geoff W

Wow people have strong feelings. Holly wasn't "mean." She was playing a game and answering Trump's questions. When she led a project she kept the team on task. It's okay to get right to the point when you're on short time to accomplish a goal.

Holly was great and any company in the world would be fortunate to have her. However, Trump could hire a Yale graduate with a glitzy resume and get the same results. Bret won because you can't buy his talent from the Yales or Harvards of the world.

May 25, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. happyday

Where was Sharon? Congrats Bret!!

May 25, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  19. Me

So glad Brett won!!! Holly is a vicious person and it would be torture for anyone to work with her.

May 25, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  20. cmag71

@kiraxx.....thank you for the kudos!

@Deluxe PHD – normally, I don't respond to comments, but thought I would make a quick one. Making arrogant statements or accusations about others and their opinions stresses your either A) lack of education, B) intelligence or C) both. Don't insult people for their opinions. As for myself; I am educated and still think "the Rocker" won fairly based on his own achievements and merit. Strip Club – Work hard, play hard....leave him alone and let him have his fun. What he does on his own time if he isn't hurting anyone; doesn't affect me. Our own former President played with young girls in blue dresses with cigars under his desk in the Oval Office!!!! Before anyone starts going off on me....I would've voted for Clinton again if I could've.

@tables turned – I have to agree with @not threatened. I don't understand how race even would have been brought up. I don't see any really negative comments about Holly. The only comments were about her being arrogant and rude to people to get her way. By getting her way and ignoring the input of others, she lost 2 out of her 3 tasks. There's nothing racial about the comments. The fact is, she lost her tasks....period. She's a beautiful and intelligent woman that just didn't excel to the point of surpassing Bret. So what? She lost....she raised money for her charity and came in second. She's walking away with hundreds of thousands of dollars for her charity.
    How can anyone have gripes about that? This wasn't a Presidential Election...it was Celebrity Apprentice based on "Performance".

May 25, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa

Totally agree with everyone who said Bret deserved this and Holly didn't. Even when Holly won her task she only won because she's good at raising money for her own charity. But if anyone recalls she didn't even win the task. Rock Solid won that task because the gym decided to use their workout not Holly's!!!! Holly won none of her tasks based on performance. Shame on all of you who think Bret didn't win based on his performance.

May 25, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Lynda

I agree. As project manager Bret won on all occasions, Holly didn't she lost two. Yes she raised more money on that one project but even then lost that task. I think we were all stunned because early on we thought Bret would be fired and he proved to be a very intelligent, resourceful human being with a heart of gold. Very passionate for his cause and a true gentleman, who cares what he wears. Didn't you notice how he always let the women out of their seats first and opened door for them and he never spoke all gossip "yadda-yadda" stuff like the others. Great job Bret, you truly ROCK. And on another note, how could that Curtis Stone, the Chef, stayed on that long? He did nothing and yet he always put Bret down, shame on you.

May 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jess

For those of you who are using the race card...............GROW UP!

May 25, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  23. Suzanne

Brett was the clear choice for the Endurance and Hard Working Apprentice and Holly was class and charm in defeat.

A sentence that Brett used, " I never threw anyone under the bus to win ", well said and well intended. I've never seen a bunch of adults just cut people down. I loved everyone on this year's apprentice EXCEPT the Wrestling Women, may she stay home forever, she threw everyone under and said horrible things, she made the wrestling world look bad.

Brett love you and stay healthy and Holly I'm happy your charity was awarded money and you are an awesome mom.

May 25, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  24. kiraxx

@cmag71

well said!! I completely agree.

Holly should have been fired long ago just for how she treated people.

Brett was the clear winner, not only from winning all his tasks, but being a complete team player when he wasn't in charge. He gives 120% every time. He's an amazing person, terrific dad and all around great guy!

May 25, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  25. not threatened

@tables turned: Your comments are prejudicial and ignorant. To even suggest that race is a concern is mind-numbingly moronic, as is your comment that Bret needs to find Jesus. Clearly, you're a white-hater.

There would be no "fallout from intimidated white Americans" if Trump had chosen Holly on this game show. What exactly would they be intimidated about? All the winner does is show up for the last two shows of next season.

Do you think Pres. Obama got elected by African Americans alone? People that think like you are holding race relations back. Do the rest of us a favor and get out of the way.

May 25, 2010 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  26. tables turned

Was sad to watch Brett – He needs Jesus – and might need to turn his life over to Christ, quickly.

Holly is certainly a wonderful woman with lots of intelligence and class... Purely and frankly, an intelligent, classy and beautiful african-american woman is a threat to most white men and women who don't have 'it'.

Holly won, hands down – without a doubt –
    Brett survived – he showed up to the board room – he's a fighter.

Donald Trump would've had a PR nightmare on his hands had he chosen an intelligent af-am woman as the winner over a white man who wears a bandana to the board room.

Obama is still president, and I'm very happy about that.
    African-Americans rock America – and will forever!

May 25, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. The Donald

You're wrong, Bonnie. The credibility of the show and my massive ego are both intact. Who cares who wins when you get to see me on every show? Sure, Annie was more deserving than Joan Rivers last year, but I picked Joan. You know why? Because Annie was smart and cute, and I look like a GOD next to Joan Rivers. My recipe for success is "know your enemy and keep someone less attractive close by for photo shoots." Oh, and Bonnie? You're fired.

May 24, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bonnie

Bret's illnesses are very sad and unfortunate but he should not have won because of them. Holly's ads were much better. His made no sense what so ever. I think the whole credibility of the show is gone. It started down hill when Joan Rivers won last year. After the stunts she and Melissa pulled it was a joke.

May 24, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ivanka Trump

Bret, you left your bandanna at my place last night.

May 24, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. VIC

I'M GLAD BRETT WON, HE DESERVED IT, HE STARTED OUT AS THE UNDERDOG AND LOOK WHERE HE ENDED UP. I APPLAUD SNAPPLE FOR AWARDING $250,000 TO THE LOSER, WHICH ISN'T THE RIGHT DESCRIPTION FOR HOLLY, AS BOTH DESERVED TO WIN. WORKED VERY HARD AND CAME THRU.

May 24, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lorna

Yeah, I'd like to know why Sharon wasn't there. But I totally agree that Bret deserved the win. He didn't win on sympathy, he faught just as hard as Holly to be there and did it without making any enemies. In fact, I started watching it with something similar to disdain for him...based strictly on rumors...and he made me a believer. I think he's upstanding and respect him for how he handled himself the entire time. Good on ya Bret!!!

May 24, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. susan

Who won the last challenge? Brett or Holly?

May 24, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Davidj of LA

Only Donald Trump could ask "WHO THINKS ROD IS GUILTY? RAISE YOUR HANDS." Hilarious...................

May 24, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. carolyn of tx

I was so excited Brett won i jumped up and screamed.. I was rooting for him the whole season.. I love Brett hes truely a kind man and was polite to everyone showing you dont have to be a bytch to win something.. Hes been through alot and Holly got as much money for her charity as Brett she has no complaints...Ive always liked Holly as well but im thrilled out of my head for Brett.. He truely has a desire to live something we all need to have that PUSH that love for life.. GOD BLESS YOU BRETT and Yeahhhhhhhh you won.........

May 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Andrew

Yeah, Grim, get a life yourself!

May 24, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tears

Did it bring tears to your eyes when Holly's children, including her son with Autism, were on the show? Didn't that make you see why SHE was so driven or are you just somehow smitten with Bret Michaels? Double Standards again, don't you think?

May 24, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Board Room Attire

Women may never wear what Holly had on to the boardroom, but do you think men wear bandannas and jeans to the boardroom? Double starndards, don't you agree?

May 24, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bored roomer

Bret's attire wouldn't be unusual in California, even in a board room. Plus, it's his signature look. If he showed up in a suit and tie with his hair slicked back like Don Jr, that would be scary. In any case, it's not a real board room. Nobody gets hired or fired in a real board room.

May 25, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Angela B

Brett should not have won. Holly was great , she raised the most money, handeled the boardroom well and did not require focusing to get a project done.she so clearly out did Brett and the others. I was so dissapointed. The show was a farst.

May 24, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Angela

Congratulations Bret! This was not a sympathy vote, you earned it! http://betweenthenotesnyc.blogspot.com/2010/05/bret-michaels-wins-celebrity-apprentice.html

May 24, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. let's be real

Grim, might I suggest you get one first...

May 24, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Ann

I think that probably Holly would have won, but it would be a PR nightmare for Trump and the network to not choose Bret after all he's been through. I think they thought the only way around this would be to have a "winner" but have the "loser" also receive the money. I personally was very impressed with Bret.

May 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Donald

@JR: & @Linda: I'd just like to say that I appreciate your support. You're both class acts in my book. Be sure to watch me and my over-inflated ego on the next season of The Apprentice in the fall! I'll be engaging in more gratuitous self-promotion in order to compensate for "little Donald."

May 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Deluxe PHD

Lots of Rock fans on here I see. Zero post-highschool (if that) education factor ...

Guy who abused drugs, attends strip joints (where he was at the time of his brain hemmorage) –
    Character? Not.
    Would love for my children to have Holly as a role model, any day!

May 24, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mike From Canada

Brett,

You Rock.....CONGRATULATIONS

I'm surprised at all the posts that say it was given to him out of pity. It's obvious you people didn't watch the same show and to state such an opinion only confirms your lack of intelligence and poor taste of character.

May 24, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. turner B

holly is classy, bold and beautiful – She is a pretty lady and can certainly be intimidating to have an African- American woman with the 'full' package – who can sit at the table with the boys ~ and have them running for the hills –
    Snapple paid her a HUGE compliment to her intelligence – That she would be hired instantly for their boardroom! Trump always talks about BUSINESS FIRST – it's never personal. He totally turned the tables on his philosophies and word lastnight with Brett's supposed win. Brett is happy to be alive – Glad HOLLYROD got a piece of the pie with 250k – AWESOME! Shows the world that Holly WON hands down and Brett got some acknowledgement, albeit 'the sympathy' vote. GO HOLLY! GO!

May 24, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Linda

For all the jerks that say they don't give a crap about the show. Guess what????? We don't give a crap about you..... Get a life.

May 24, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. scottk

I think Strawberry's excuse regarding cancer for his performance paled in comparison to all Michaels has been through only to still appear on the final episode...

May 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. JR

Hey Grim, if you don't "give a crap" what made you not only read the article, but take the time to comment. You're a joke.

May 24, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JustMe

Actually, Bret has been consistently far more creative than Holly and I think he deserved the win for that. But, really the whole purpose of the show is to promote Donald Trump, not help charities. Be real.

Joan Rivers looks more and more like The Joker every time I see her. I think she's missing a golden casting opportunity.

May 24, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. joe

Pitty vote! I don't have nothing against Bret, but come on people if he wasn't sick no one would have sheer for him like that!!!

May 24, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  51. imjusme

to zee: DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SHOW?! you said bret was not a leading force and holly was.....okay holly lost 3 tasks and bret won all or most of his. holly was just good at hitting people up for money. i have to agree with Thel....diabetes is fatal/ autism is just REALLY hard. who deserved it more. one more thing. to those of you that think bret only won because of his recent hospitalization-this was filmed a while ago and he was just better than holly then. he would have won regardless, im sure of it!

May 24, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Tamara

WE were all rooting for Bret. I think Holly did a wonderful job but she rubbed me the wrong way. Missed seeing everyone back for the finale. It's amazing Bret's will to live.

May 24, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. BeenThere

No promotion after a major illness?? I got mine!! I had a stroke, not a "warning", and fought my way back to work. I was senior tax accountant and it was January. The fact that I came back to work within 2 weeks, worked 60 to 80 hours a week and continued my therapy got me a managerial position. Just because you're sick doesn't mean you're out of the game. Bret worked to be back for the finale. Bret will have to continue working even when he is back on the stage. I loved it when he stated he could get on stage and perform for thousands but to get up and speak in front of the Snapple crowd scared him. I think Bret was the correct choice. Holly was a one shot wonder, even then Sharon Osbourne's team brought in over a third of what Holly won. Bret was the slow but steady leader. I'd rather work for the sometimes "flaky" boss than the out of control over bearing boss named Holly. CONGRATULATIONS Bret !!

May 24, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. SPL

I am SO happy that Brett Michael's won .. and he deserved it .. and NOT because of the medical reasons he's had to deal with of late. He's truly a decent man and a very hard worker. Holly was very 'in your face' and rude. She didn't come off as a very nice person. Yes, she worked hard but while doing so; she was very insulting and had a bad habit of putting people down (Cydi Lauper comes to mind, over and over). Brett did the tasks and did it with style, honor and a great sense of humor. He's the kind of guy I'd like to hang out with and I'd be honored to have him as an employee. I don't think Holly should have gotten (more) money .. Brett won and he deserved the prize .. not Holly. But no matter; he's the winner and well deserved. Thank you Brett for giving us such a GREAT season on Celebrity Apprentice! Good luck in your recovery .. take it easy and concentrate on Number One: YOU!

May 24, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Odie

@Thel. I think it's unfair of you to judge how families treat autism in their families based on how you treat it in your family. Many people do need aid and assistance for autism and you cannot dissed them. I am a type 2 diabetic of 20 years and not all diabetics have a death sentence hanging over them...at least in some cases it at least can be controlled and in some cases well-controlled diabetes leads to not having to take medications for the rest of their lives. Although it is troublesome having to check my blood sugar several times a day and taking several medications daily or dealing with neuropathy, etc., it doesn't mean that having diabetes is better or worse than having autism.

May 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Van

Honestly, Holly was good, but whenever she stepped up as project manager, she only succeeded once. She raised alot of money, and that is the only time she won as project manager. I believe that this task alone carried her to the final. She is very bright and a dedicated person, but Bret was just more successful overall. He had the brains to lead his team to victory whenever he stepped up as project manager, and when he wasn't project manager, he did everything he could to help his team. Sure Bret might not have been as organized and business-like as Holly was, but I think he performed better, and thats why he is the new celebrity apprentice.

May 24, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  57. Jan

Joan Rivers said it all when she stated the Holly won hands-down, but you've gotta give it to Bret because he's been through so much. Admit it everybody – BRET GOT THE SYMPATHY VOTE. That's why Holly got the $250,000 just like Bret. This way, Donald faces a win-win situation. It would be a real turn-off to kick a man while he's down, so Trump couldn't fire Bret. On the other hand, he knows Holly really won, so she gets $250,000 for her charity (cause he's such a good guy), and those in Holly's camp are appeased. People, people – it's all a celebrity game...

May 24, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  58. Leah

Personality wise, I would rather have dinner with Bret than with Holly, but I thought Holly should have won.

May 24, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  59. KC

Please- are you really going to fault them for giving away $500k instead of $250k? IT's all good- happy for both of them. Glad Brett won- loved him ! What a great guy, what a great gal, what a great season!

May 24, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  60. Franks

Holly deserved to win this one from a business point. But like in real like...the aloof...non-qualified...leeches are the ones to be promoted. How many people work for bosses that you trained or are more qualified than?

Holly was definitely bossy hence the word "boss"; you have to be act as a boss in the end to get the task accomplished. There were so many alpha-personalities on the show that a person had to be bossy.

Even in the last task Bret lost his script..."which has been his habit the whole season"...so aloof. He counted on the talent of others the whole season to help him through. He is better suited for the VH1 show where he sleeps with a bunch of women to find "true love".

Popularity contest...we will really see if Trump was serious about hiring Bret in the coming months if we see him doing anything closely related to Trump promotion. I DOUBT IT!

May 24, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  61. moe

Bret, had the most charisma. He got it done. Not considered a front runner, the underdog takes it! Holly had lost twice as project manager and maybe should have been fired then. Holly earned a lot of money and can be proud of herself, however she had good contacts. I hardly knew who Bret was until this show, I am not a rocker fan, he impressed me. Diabetes is in many families and it is such a good cause, very emotional considering Raine and Bret have the disease. Can't wait to try both Snapples!!!

May 24, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  62. cmag71

I'm not sure if some of you were watching the same season that I was watching....

Holly won only 1 out of 3 tasks! Bret won both of his.

Bret was recognized as being a major creative force and a team player on his tasks...once people understood how his creativity works.

Bret was always respectful to his team and led by example of how to treat others and not cut into each other. Holly was very arrogant and obviously made wrong choices on her tasks as she lost two-thirds of the time. She should have listened to other people's input more instead of thinking it was her way or the highway. Holly did present herself well in front of others/execs and such, but behind the scenes working the tasks, Holly was a bit rude. I understand that you want to win, but there's no reason to feel that you are superior to others. Obviously, she lost twice and should take that as an eye-opener that she doesn't know everything (none of us do).

I also don't understand this whole, Holly won the most $ in Celebrity Apprentice history. Yes, for that task, she did win the most money. It wasn't really earned though. She did raise quite a bit on her own, but the other $100k+ was from the other team's fundraising. She didn't single-handedly earn all of that money for her charity. Luckily for her charity, she was able to dip into the other team's winnings as well. Great for Holly and great for her charity...but making it sound like she herself did such an amazing job on the task and with the fundraising doesn't really represent how it really came about.

Personally, I that she was much too harsh on Cyndi Lauper. Yeah, she was quirky, but that's what made her famous and such a recognizable celebrity. Again, her creativity and success is a different process than the typical "buiness-suited" individual. Doesn't mean her way is wrong, just different. Holly was way too harsh on her and really insulted Cyndi's intelligence. Cyndi has obviously done something right to still be well-known and liked some 20+ years later in the business.

I don't think that the win was given to Bret out of pity for his illness. I feel he truly earned it. He was always there, gave it his 110% and won both of his tasks. Way to go Bret!

May 24, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  63. laura maslon

where was osborne (sp?) in the final. she was by far the hardest working and most interesting contestant. although i am thrilled that bret won. interesting blog.

May 24, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  64. jo

I totally believe Brett deserved to be the winner. He won all of his tasks although he may have seemed less organized he always seemed to pull it together in the end. Holly may have raised more money but she talked so much crap about people behind their backs it made me not like her she seemed to talk down to people. Congrats again Brett-just for the record I wanted him to win way before he got sick.

May 24, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  65. liza ellins

Brett won the apprentice hands down. This season was the most touching. Brett came to win and he did it!!!!!!

May 24, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  66. vicky

bret deserved to win and not holy. she was bitter and edgy to all even last night you saw the envy and not the true business woman. id' have gotten rid of her weeks ago but money speaks so they kept her. it is great she can raise money but that isn't what celebrity appreciate should be based on. bret did fantastic each and every week and also grew as a person he deserved to win and not be dissed by holly getting equal money at end. snapple should not have done that to the show or the celebrity. bret did not win because of his illness but because he cares and gives and gives.

May 24, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  67. suggestion

Don't use the word "spaz." People with Cerebral Palsy and other spasticity conditions don't perceive it the same way you do.

May 24, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  68. Patsohappy

I am so glad Brett won, I was sure Holly would because she was so pushy and back-stabbing. I rooted for Brett from the beginning, wasn't sure he'd make it, but last nights show was awesome and they made the right choice. Haven't been hooked on a reality show before, but I was on this one! Congrats to Brett, hope he heals fast!

May 24, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  69. Thel

Another thing...Holly show her true self in the scorn she would have upon her face each time someone did not do her bidding her way..........she appeared to be a selfish self centered woman and Children with "AUTISM" are very smart children..she does not bother to say this! I kow,because my grandson is smart...they have many problems in many ways.. and have to take medication for it daily... .........but they can lead normal lives.......GOD BLESS THEL ALL>.......Thel

May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  70. kaidensmom

Haha... No in a real job they would not force you into disability! They would keep you going until you no longer could work! A job never forces you to take disibility.... Obviously you aren't in a real work force.

May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  71. Ashley

I LOVE BRET!! <3

May 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  72. zee

I totally agree with Susan. Holyy won in every category. Throughout the entire season, Brett was not a leading force. On a real job, he would have been forced into disability.

May 24, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  73. kaidensmom

@susan:

Brett absolutely deserved to win. Besides the fact that he over came one of the most tragic brain injuries you can have, he still did a stellar job the entire season. His branding and campaign for the finale was original and his commercial was better than Holly's! I love when an underdog comes out shining in the end and that is just what Brett did.

May 24, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  74. Head Diva In Charge

Love Bret – love, love, love him! So glad he was the winner. He is a fighter, a true fighter. Congrats!

May 24, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  75. Thel

I did not think Holly should have won any thing else! She butted in all season through Celebrity Apprentice, to be project manager and she "GOT" all that money.I have a grandson with Autism and he is 5 years of age come December 17th and my grandson does not get help from any Autism. Holly talks like this is a fatal disease........Diabetes is fatal and I Pray God for a cure..I also Pray that Children with Autism can get the help they need... my little grandson surely does not.He has a good mother and she is raising him on her own without help from any hollyrob foundation!~ ..................Thel

May 24, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  76. Grim

I can't believe anyone actually gives a crap about this show. Get a life people.

May 24, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  77. Cricket

All though Holly got money for her charity also.... It just reiterates that this shows goal was to benefit the Celebs Charity. And Bret Rightly walks away with this win.... This show allowed me to like Bret Michaels again....From former Poison uber-fan and then, then the Rock of Love shows.... Ewweee.... Thanks Apprentice.. We needed that....

May 24, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  78. lutherslook

Trump chose the right person! Bret played the game best. Bret treated the teams with respect, Holly treated them with scorn. She should have been pitched out weeks ago because of the way she treated Sharon and Cindi. She deserved to lose. I watched with horror every time she dissed one of the team. Very glad Holly lost, almost more than I was glad that Bret live, came back and won. Trump walked the fine line. I'll be watching him more closely. And what about his Miss USA?

May 24, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  79. Susan

Shame on you Donald Trump but you got this wrong! What ever happened to business is business! Holly won this hands down! Come on, what company promotes you when you return to work after a major illness simply because you were ill?? Sure you still have your job but you don't receive extra preferential treatment. Glad for you Bret that your health is better but you didn't deserve this win! But I guess, after all, it is a man's world. Right Donald?

May 24, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  80. roro

@Irritated in OK

Snapple gave each finalist $250, 000 for their charity because they used both new flavors which by the way I could not find in any store yet in NY. I was under the impression that because Brett won, he would get the $250, 000 for his charity from Mr. Trump also. I didn't think the original money was from Snapple. Is that not correct? Can someone let us know if they find out. Thanks.

May 24, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  81. Wendy

I agree with Irritated in OK – doesn't seem right that they both got the same amount as a grand prize!

May 24, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  82. Irritated in OK

OK, I definitely think Trump chose the correct person – but wasn't the point of winning getting $250,000 for your charity and the other person didn't? So why did the loser get it too? I mean Holly had already won a total of $350,000 for her charity. If Snapple wanted the additional tax right off, they could have cut her amount in half and given her $125,000 instead of the $250,000 that Bret also won. To me by both of them winning the money it was a tie.

May 24, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  83. Joe

Where were Goldberg and Sharon Osbourne during the finale?

May 24, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  84. Adam

Goldberg was missing. I think he was a big sweet guy.

May 24, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |