May 21st, 2010

Get ready for 'The Bachelorette'

The last time we saw Ali Fedotowsky, she walked away from "The Bachelor" Jake Pavelka due to work commitments at Facebook.

Now, Fedotowsky has chosen love over work.

The San Francisco native, who finished fourth in the most recent "Bachelor" competition, has quit her job to become the next "Bachelorette." The sixth season of the popular dating show begins May 24 on ABC.

This season, Fedotowsky will have 25 suitors, including a weatherman, an aspiring writer and a pro wrestler. As in previous seasons, the search for love will take Fedotowsky and the contestants around the world, including a helicopter ride over the infamous Icelandic volcano that's caused numerous travel headaches throughout Europe.

Of course, it couldn't be "The Bachelorette" without scandal and based on ABC's promos, fans should expect a doozy or three this season.

If you can't watch "The Bachelorette," and/or you're looking for a humorous take on the show, don't forget to drop by every Tuesday this season for my "Bachelorette" recaps; it'll be a fun way to waste a few minutes of your day.

Are you ready for this season?

1. Mary B

I was watching the price is right show that aired May 12, 2011 and I think I saw the weatherman a friend of his won the showcase, sure looked like him Johnathan or maybe he has a twin.................lol

May 24, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Marlene C

I can't believe that I went online and most everyone agrees with me; this Ali is a real piece of work. She is a fake with a capital "F". She messed with her fake extensions throughout the entire first show. Why couldn't she just keep her real hair; I can't stand her anyway; anyone who trashes the girl the guy likes and then boohoos her way back into the show with that "caught in the headlights" stare of hers; she's all the way a dangerous, manipulative mess. She must eat when she is stressed, because it looks like she gained at least 10 pounds instead of being excited about being chosen and working out to show her appreciation. I am trying not to be negative about this show, but they blew it this time; get those extensions out of your hair Ali!

May 24, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Head Diva In Charge

I wish they would just stop with these shows. They don't work – and the people are sadder and more desperate every year. They are single for a "reason" – and generally over the course of the show those "reasons" become obvious.

May 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. krim

just don't play with peoples feelings...
    love is not a test.
    hope they will end up with the person they really love... :)

May 22, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Scrotum

Folks, this show is completely scripted. This season's script has been written for quite awhile. I'll bet the following season's script is already written and in ABC's vault.

May 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. See

i am not watching this trash on TV.

May 22, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Odalice Feliz

Say hello to Mr. Perfect!!!! Ali is so lucky to have such well behaved men around her!!! they are just jelous!!!

May 22, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tonya

I hate ali im glad she went back to work because she didnt deserve jake anyways. Tenly deserves to be the next bachelorett she is real and ali is too fake. as much as i hate ali i will still be watching the show just to see her hopefully end up with a total loser.

May 22, 2010 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Missouri Mike

Alli is the perfect bachelorette. She is drop-dead gorgeous and Jake was devastated losing her. She and Tenly were my favorites and she is simply stunning. ABC definitely chose the right girl! And besides – she lives in San Francisco which is tres cool!

May 22, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. moon627

Ali = ick factor

i didnt like her on The Bachelor and was disappointed when they chose her to be The Bachelorette

i said i wouldnt watch but i know i will – i'm a sucker for this trash tv
    :P

May 21, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jen

i cannot stand ali either. she is so fake! and who says america 'fell in love' with her? that's just what the producers want everyone to think. are we really that gullible? if so, america has fallen in love with a person who is two-faced and gossiped behind vienna's back all season. they are both ditzes and i think i lost a few brain cells after watching last season. however, i will probably end up watching it again. it's against everything i believe, but it's so entertaining! i agree that gia would have meade a much better bachelorette, but just so you know (jayleno) her "cans" are fake. i thought that was pretty obvious.

May 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. David

She's not a San Francisco native. She's from Massachusetts.

May 21, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jayleno

i wish they picked Gia. She has beautiful cans.

May 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Yo yo

I am so sick of Ali! Whine, whine, whine. I made a mistake...boo fricking hoo. I agree–she knew exactly what she was doing. I find it funny that America has fallen in love with such a mean, manipulative person. That is not to say that I am happy Vienna won (double ick) but seriously...Ali? Gia would have made a much better bachelorette!

May 21, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kelly

I can't wait to watch but I kind of wished that Ali wasn't chosen as the Bacheleorrete cause she's kinda plain jain and boring! They should've chosen someone who's more attractive like Tenley or the one from NY, I forgot her name lool. But I'll be watching the first one to judge whether I'll watch its entirety.

PS The whole c rying thing for JAKE was super fake. This broad just wants attention and seems like a fame broad

May 21, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Karen

Ali's hair looks awful. She looks much much prettier with shorter hair.

Also, the 'scandal' this year is that the wrestler guy has TWO girlfriends back home...TWO. She boots him off the show.

May 21, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Hockey Nana

Will not watch this - I cannot stand to hear her speak. But I do look forward to the spoilers on this blog and also to the prediction.

May 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mrose31

While Ali would not have been our first choice from last seasons' cast to be the new BEtte, we will probably watch anyway. It is great entertainment. It's fun to pick favorites and castoffs. I hope they don't polish Ali up too much with fancy hair, makeup and clothes, that she no longer resembles the simply pretty girl who first caught Jake's eye. I do wish the show would consider featuring a man or woman of color.

May 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. RL

ALI IS A FAKE. SHE THOUGTH SHE WOULD PULL AN "ED" LAST SEASON AND jAKE WOULD TAKE HER BACK LIKE eD WAS TAKEN BACK BUT IT BACKFIRED ON HER STUPID FAKE SELF.CRY, CRY CRY ABOUT LOSING YOUR JOB LAST SEASON AND NOE QUITTING IT A FEW MONTHS LATER. GIVE ME A BREAK. YES MY REMOTE WILL ALLOW ME TO WATCH SOMEHING ELSE THIS SEASON AND HOPE THE NEXT ONE IS BETTER.

May 21, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Penis

Ali is annoying. Who could live with her for more than five minutes. These shows are fun to watch even though it's pretty much set-up.

May 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Sheri

I think Ali looks good. I hope she finds a hot one!

May 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JAY

I cant stand Ali, she's annoying! Gia should have been the next bachelorette!!!

May 21, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Tami

If you really want to have fun and know some stuff before the show even airs...it's the only way to choke it down go to http://www.realitysteve.com-he dishes on everything and has all kinds of spoilers!

May 21, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. KRS

I always get a hoot out of the people who either hate the show, hate the bachelor or bachelorette, think people who watch are losers, etc...and yet they take the time out of what I'm sure is an exciting, fulfilling day in their lives to post their thoughts on the WWW!

TV is entertainment and it is subjective. Is your television so old you don't have a remote?

May 21, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Chewy

It's hard to believe people really watch this rubbish. On The Bachelor a group of annoying bimbos leave one by one blubbering how they were so wronged, and how they "really loved him"! Give me a break! They barely know each other! Now on an equally insulting Bachelorette we get to watch mimbos immitate the bimbos, while a display of unexplainable, unearned male egos crash from week to week. My wife and daughters are somehow fascinated by this trash, and I have a hard time just stomaching the dialogue when i get within earshot! I'd rather watch CSPAN or and hour rerun of Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem than waste 15 minutes watching these silly shows. "Excuse me gentlemen ... just one rose left. OK. Whenever you're ready." Riveting stuff!

May 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Real

Hey – guess what people??? Your television has a remote that will actually let you choose what channel you want to watch.

May 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Wendy

Not ready for this season. I'll be washing my hair. I won't be watching this circus! Ali isn't the type of person I will waste my time watching!

May 21, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Tami

These shows wouldnt be hits if WE didint all watch them! Including myself. If you dont watch, dont make comments. Cheesy or not, these are real humans with feelings, even Vienna. And remember, the show edits everything to make you form an opinion of someone which is what they did with Vienna. Obviously Jake loves her.

May 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Rupert

Way to firebomb your bridge at facebook. Cry and moan about the precious job, then quit just a few months later. I'm sure they'll hire you right back.

I believe this one knew exactly what she was doing, dropped out close to the end because any closer and she couldn't get out, any earlier and her chances to be bachelorette would diminish. I think she knew this guy was a tool bag from day 1 but if she could get far enough she could have her own show. Now vienna is left holding the bag with jake, they are both fairly stupid so they should get along just fine.

In all these shows there is only one winner, the person picked to be bachelor/bachelorette. The people that get paired up drop off the map almost instantly.

May 21, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. shelly

I can't stand Ali & it makes me smile to see her in bad hair extensions & lookly a little portly there. hahahahahahahaha Have some more cheesecake fatty.

May 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Valerie

I guess I am not a total loser because i have NO IDEA who any of these people are! : )

May 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Deb

Another pile of steaming poo.

May 21, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  33. berni

Yes, Im so excited for Ali, she deserves it, and it is really the only reality show I watch...bring it on I cant wait! Good Luck Ali, it was meant to be-its your show!

May 21, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Da Babe

I prefer the "spoiler" blogs – they are a hoot and less embarrassing than watching men/women looking for their 15 minutes of fame or to jumpstart an acting career.

May 21, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bigbill427

She is the Devil..

May 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jan

Can't stand that girl!! Will not watch maybe ever again...so fake, she is just gross...

May 21, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mela

Had enough of this show already. Will not be watching this time.

May 21, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Wil

These shows are idiotic.....

May 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Sophia

As annoying Ali is with her attempt at acting, I'm looking forward to seeing the men. They're actually the stars of the show! Plus Chris Harrison"s blog and all blogs about the show are so much more interesting than the show itself. Can't wait!

May 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Isay

This woman is an evil.

May 21, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Daisy

This woman is an idiot.

May 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Kristy Lynn

Ali knew what she was doing when she left the bachelor. Please all that fake crying and drama, job or Jake? She knew that if she left America would fall helplessly in love with her and want her as the next Bachelorette. Smooth move Ali. Now all the attention is on you.

May 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Krista

lol, that's funny Paige. Those extensions look horrible on Ali. Not a good look at all for her. Although this show is so cheesy and probably scripted most of the time, it's like a train wreck, and I cant look away! I'm so excited for this season!

May 21, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Krista

lol, so funny Paige! Those extensions look horrible on Ali! Not a good look for her at all. Can't wait for it to start though! This show is like a train wreck, I cant not watch!

May 21, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Paige

Didn't Ali make fun of Vienna for having hair extensions? Just saying.

May 21, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Taylor

I am soo ready for this season! Cant wait for it to start.. lets just hope the finale is a better one then last seasons where Vienna won... ugh! Go Ali!

May 21, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |