May 21st, 2010

Former 'Real Housewives' cast member to divorce

One of the former cast mates of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” will soon be a housewife no more.

DeShawn Snow and her husband, former NBA player Eric Snow, are divorcing according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Eric Snow recently filed divorce papers in Fulton County Superior Court in Georgia stating that there is "no hope of reconciliation" for the pair who has been married for 12 years.  He requests joint custody of their three sons.

The family was featured on the first season of “RHOA” which included an episode about a less than successful charity event hosted by DeShawn Snow at their mansion.

She told Essence magazine she was asked to leave the show after the first season because she wasn't bringing enough drama.

“[One of the producers] called and said that I was 'too human for a circus show' and that because the show did so well, they are about to pump up the drama and they didn't think that I would fit in,” she said. “I'm fine with the decision.”

The couple are reportedly separated and Eric Snow, who previously served as a captain for the Cleveland Cavaliers, currently works as an analyst for NBA-TV.

1. We Know the benefit issue dear you've told us 2,000 times...

however when it comes to pride i'd work 3 jobs hey but don't WATCH WHAT I DO.

May 2, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. This is the exact reason why i would not marry--

because of garbage couples out there that do not understand the importance of marriage and how serious it is.

May 2, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. I'm not prude i've had my days that's for sure..

however if he knew then he's no good either...God bless this dyfunctional couple...

May 2, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Like Koc Said...If he knew the he's just like her...

wow

May 2, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wan Beuse

Divorce causes major issues with health insurance benefits. Many families have employer provided and/or paid for health insurance benefits that cover the entire family. It is not uncommon to see situations where the other spouse is a stay at home parent, with absolutely no access to health insurance benefits, or employed at a job with either no health insurance benefits available or those benefits available at a substantial cost. After a divorce, the spouse with the family health insurance coverage can no longer cover the other parent. They are no longer “family” members who can take advantage of one health insurance policy. How to then ensure that everyone stays insured does become an issue for negotiation and/or divorce litigation.:^

Very latest content straight from our very own web blog
    <http://www.caramoan.co/

May 2, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jules Rugh

I think other web-site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!

June 23, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. Apettynik

What kind of mood you wake up ?

December 6, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jennell Donnelly

Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought something good here. But what should you added a couple links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to take a look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there arent a lot good source like this.

August 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Flatware Sets

divorce is of course one of the worst thing that you could experience but you could get over it ,':

December 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Luis Howard

Divorce is usually the end of a good relationship, every couple should avoid it~:-

October 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kim

Let's all be serious for a minute. We can point the blame and say what we want to say but only God knows the reason. Some say she spent too much money and that she was lazy etc, etc. Have we forgotten that it was a T.V. SHOW and that was probably a part of that. No one knows the real reason. He left her for another women and supposedly has a child in that adultreous union. He choose to sleep with someone else and conceive a child which lets me know right there that he was unprotected so what else has he contracted. You only saw what was portrayed on T.V. no one really knows the real DeShawn. And for the simple fact that she did not come back to the show should have told you that she wasn't drama material. I hope she gets the settlement she deserves as far as money – she does deserve it. You reap what you sow in this world and believe me her soon to be ex and his mistress will reap from thier actions – if he cheated with you he will definately cheat on you.

October 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Holly Martin

divorce is always not a good news but it maybe necessary if relationships aren't going in the right direction.:*

August 31, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ashley Martinez

Divorce will always lead to depression and anger towards the other party. As much as possible avoid divorce-`'

July 16, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Chelsia Renee Norton-Smith

DeShawn,

Girl don’t even worry about that ugly piece of trash that idiot of a husband left you for. Trust me she ain’t all of that and he ain’t either and you can do far better than him. Out of all of the Atlanta Housewives you were my favorite and I know that one day that our God is going to send you somebody that he took time out of his very busy schedule to make just for you. Eric is a worthless piece of **** (forgive me Lord), however, facts are the facts. And when I looked at the picture at the ***** that he left you I literally wanted to vomit. She is UGLY AS HELL!!!!! Whereas you are a beautiful sister. And if I were you I would definitely get sole custody of my sons and take that idiot straight to the cleaners and clean him the hell out. And I will be willing to bet my bottom dollar if you get everything that you can get from him in the divorce settlement, I guarantee you she will drop him like a very bad habit. Because you see that is THE ONLY REASON, that she is with him in the first place!!!!!! She is nothing more than a money grubbing gold digging *****, and if you get it all she will leave him quick, fast, and in a hurry. And if he comes back crawling to you begging you for forgiveness, you tell him simply this… Hell no and get the **** out of my face you worthless piece of trash!!!!!! And this is to the ugly *** ***** that broke up DeShawn’s home, listen here *****, IF HE DID IT WITH YOU, HE WILL DO IT TO YOU!!!!! In other words, if he can cheat with you, he can cheat on you, and mark my words you will be NEXT *****!!!!!
    Back to DeShawn, sister I will keep you and the boys in my thoughts, heart, and prayers and keep your head up girl and always know that you are loved by all of us DeShawn Snow fans. Take care and may God continue to bless you and your family too.

With love,
    Mrs. Chelsia Renee’ Norton-Smith.

July 10, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. Emily Jones

Divorce is always a bad news among married couples. Some couples just cannot iron out their differences.:',

July 9, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Finley Mitchell

i recently got divorced from my russian wife because she is a very irresponsible woman..;'

May 24, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jaymi

Although it makes me sad to hear about the divorce, I just don't see how any of these ladies can call themselves housewives. Bravo needs to do a show on women who are balancing a spouse, children , and a career with no nannies,chefs, personal assistants ....etc. I guess it just goes to show that money really can't buy love and happiness.

May 23, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sharon

They were my favorite couple on the atlanta housewives and I thought that they exhibited themselves as dedicated to each other and perfect models for others to look up ro.

I'm ao sorry to hear that they are breaking up..

May 23, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Head Diva In Charge

Hmmm, maybe she should come back to the show. I bet she would be more interesting now.

May 23, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. gilbert

no tv show, no husband.

sucks to be her !!

May 22, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Odalice Feliz

I'm truly sadden about the divorce but some times good things fall apart so better ones can fall together!!!!

May 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. anonymous

You know, in all honesty although they seemed to be an item, looking back on it, I can agree that she did in fact seem to be very absorbed in herself, and more involved with creating this whole elitist lifestyle and image. She was hiring a governess to assist with running her household and household staff in one episode, and in another she was searching for a new assistant to "meet her high standards" and impress her by "doing their research" which was knowing about her foundation and who her husband is. You would think she was a full time executive or running her own business and making her own money outside of her husband (hence a Kimora Lee Simmons type) the way she wanted to lavish herself and kids with "the luxurious lifestyle" and hire a team/staff of assistants that she said she "needed". I think when a man starts to age, he begins thinking about how he and his wife are going to live in their retirement years/golden years. Perhaps he felt she could put her college degree to work and be HER OWN WOMAN outside of him (since really, being an NBA wife can be lonely as she said herself), AND run her foundation (which I'm sorry to say I fail to see the point or benefit of her foundation...I mean it seems like the purpose is scattered and unclear....I don't know). At least then, whatever he has set aside, can remain stable. Because remember, since HE IS NO LONGER PLAYING BASKETBALL, the same amount of money is not going to be coming in like before. Which means they would need to be more particular about how they spend. She spent a HUGE amount of money to do a "fundraiser" for this foundation (notice fundraiser is in quotes because unfortunately nothing was raised but her bill for the event itself) and she just expected him to swallow the cost by cooing at him and thanking him for "letting her make all those expensive mistakes...." as she put it. Really had she taken some of the other housewives tutelage to begin with, she AT WORST may have broken even...but NO.... SHE KNEW IT ALL AND WANTED TO RAISE A MILLION DOLLARS IN A SINGLE NIGHT. Even the veterans (hence THE who's who of Atlanta's social scene) didn't see that as being possible...especially for a new or frankly unknown foundation. Now as a wife, I think that typically and generally, the spending habits of a wife is a husband's priviledge to be able to provide. So it's not up to me to dictate how anyone should spend their money but I can certainly guess that even for the wealthy, financial issues can break a marriage too. She surely spent lavishly for someone who wasn't adding to the pot. I mean really....a governess for a NON-WORKING WOMAN??? If she couldn't manage running everything herself, what's wrong with just calling grandma?....Even the Obamas have grandma as the "assistant/nanny" for the kids:-)....O.K. after the grandma suggestion I made, that thought about the Obamas just occurred to me and I was laughing to myself.......but seriously.

May 21, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Shelly

Maybe he got sick of the way she spent his money. I am sorry but you don't have a career/job so why do you need an assistant, housekeeper, estate manager, nanny, hair stylist, make-up people, and a personal chef? Seriously, be a wife and a mother and stop having people do it for you at the expense of YOUR HUSBAND's paycheck. Although she seemed nice and drama free, I thought she was the biggest joke out of all of them. I really hope after the divorce that she doesn't turn into a Sheree and talk about "all the success she has had in her life." Yeah big success, you divorced someone rich and took all their money. Good for all your hard work.

May 21, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. anonymous

Well.....I don't think she's meaning to imply "disfigured" in the traditional/actual definition of the word or mean to inflict an insult. I think she is using the word to add power or passion to make a strong point. What I read her comment to mean is DeShawn sacrificed her physical shape/appearance to become and be a mother to the three children they have .....It's sad to say that sometimes some women are vain to the point where they are actually NOT willing to become pregnant for fear that they will lose their figure. Anyhow I just heard the news of this divorce on the radio and I was SHOCKED because they did seemed like a real example and item compared to the other housewife cast. Plus, didn't they JUST MOVE INTO THEIR "DREAM HOUSE"?.....I remember during one episode, DeShawn was even saying they were college sweethearts. I mean really....What in goodness name could have happened between then and now?....Or they did a hell of an act making it seem like all was well. I guess in that aspect, at least they didn't sling mud at each other or at least DeShawn didn't discuss her issues regarding her marriage with the other housewives like some women tend to do and would have done.....making matters worse. It's still a big mystery to me though in what went wrong....it's a disappointment too.

May 21, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. so wise

No one knows why their marraige fell apart. its true nothing is taken seriously now days so how can you expect things to last when people get married for all the wrong reasons. i think its ignorant to say that black women dont take care of themselves because all women all races come in different shapes and sizes. Race is not the blame its the woman some of us lead a healthy life style some dont. If you are really in love, looks should have nothing to do with it, because time changes everything and u wont look the same forever. People wont have a real relationship or marraige until they are honest with themselves and are truly ready to take that step with out motives or obligations!!!!!!!

May 21, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mrose31

Unless you personally know first-hand the details of the marriage of these two individuals, you are making guesses, placing blame and posing conjecture which is hurtful and willfully unkind. While I agree that people who choose to participate in reality shows are also choosing to expose themselves to speculation when things fall apart, it remains a personal matter within this marriage. Sadly, marriages fail every day. I think it's far too easy to bail out when the going gets tough, the money gets tight or the marital bed gets lonely. In matters where children are involved the stakes are even higher and the repurcussions far more damaging.

May 21, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Summerbaby

@Richard ALL women (and men) have issues no matter what race they are, not just black people. I'm black and I've given birth to four kids and I have never been a pound over 115 outside of my pregnancies. I enjoy taking care of body and all of my friends are the same way. I can name very many white and hispanic women who let their bodies go after having only one child, or they've even gained weight by just getting married without having children yet. I can also name black women who went through the same thing. That's something that happens to SOME women, not all, and it doesn't matter what their race is. Oh, and I've been very happily married for 10 years now, and you would probably think we were a brand new couple if you ever saw us. But I guess your opinion of black women and marriage is the truth, huh.

May 21, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TC

WHO GIVES A CRAP?

May 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Butterbean

Some of these "holier than thou" posts are absolutely ridiculous. You guys would rather two people rot together in an unhappy marriage than to admit that their feelings have changed and moving on. Sometimes, breaking up is the best thing. Take a good look at some of those "happy" long-term marriages lets stop pretending that they are all a joyous union. Bottom line, do what makes you happy and nevermind what is supposed to be.

May 21, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. maria

The thing about this kind of forum is you have so much supposition. No one has said WHY they are seperating. But WE who don't know them or their situation, jump to assumptions. We don't know if he's dumping her for a newer model, they didn't say. We don't know if she's lazy, they did't say. Why not wait & get the facts. The problem with assuming is.....U make an ASS out of U & Me. Quit rushing to judgement & spreading rumor & innuendo. You just come off as uninformed. Where is your proof. Where did you get your information.

May 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ramiro

always the couple that pretend that everything is fine are always the ones getting a divorced-very predictable

May 21, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Anthony

How do we know Eric is the reason for the marriage falling apart, Jade you call him pathetic, like you were the damn fly on the wall in their home. There are stupid men and women in this world. I hope the best for them both, and he only have to pay child support and not support her ass. Yes she had the babies for him but I'm sure she had them for herself also. when i saw her on RHOA she was the one blowing money not him, he had to have a talk with her about it. So lets not just dog the man.

May 21, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Yah, you can't expect a rich athlete type to stick with a girl who takes him for granted and lets go. She should have hired Jenny Craig and not a personal assistant.

August 20, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  33. RichP, easton, pa

Good times, bad times, tough times, but 29 years next week.

May 21, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. orijinale

I think the people in this thread have missed the point. We don't know why they are divorcing. The fact that he filed for divorce speaks volumes and I don't think a few pounds or another woman was the problem. They could have been ready to kill each other and decided to sever ties. Maybe she is spending all of his hard earned money I mean she is a little high maintenance.

May 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. trish dish

hate to say it but he just didnt seem like he was emotionally present on the episodes i saw...just blah, no passion..but i cant actually judge their marraige by snippets of a show..just my observation.

May 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Morality

The reason marriage, virtue and morality lack meaning in this secular country is because the media and all forms of, belittle morality. Name one film where a boy and girl (man and woman) meet and jump into bed without talk of marriage, commitment etc. Not one. It's a constant barrage of people sleeping with other people with no consequence and a who cares approach. S e x is like brushing your teeth in the media. There is no sacredness. We could learn from the Arab countries.

May 21, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Child, Please!

Wowwwww. You were SO on point. The world has been lost on morality through God being kicked out of school (read: society).... until that last sentence. We shouldn't EVER follow Arab countries.... where children are literally sold into marriage, women stoned to death over showing any form of Westernization. You lost me there, sorry.....

November 22, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Anonymous1

I was sorry to hear that; that was one couple that I thought had it together and was on the same page. Unfortunately as most have stated, they probably fell out of love.

To switch gears, I don't think Jade meant disfigured in a negative way. Some women go back to their true and natural size and some don't, but as females, we all know that as we age, we do spread below the waist; and whatever assistants that she had (cook, nanny, etc) Eric knew she had them and had to have been alright with it. At any rate, I wish both of them the best.

May 21, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Richard

Black women have to many issues and they don't keep there bodies together once they get a few kids. Don't know to many couples that are HAPPILY married these days anyway. If most of us are SMART we will not say I DO...(The worst 2 Words any man can utter these days...)

May 21, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. 1jimmyhoffa

WHAAAT HAAAPPENED?????

May 21, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Val

I really wasn't surprised. He seemed to have an issue with her lavish spending. He really was uncomfortable when she hosted that charity event at their home and it turned into a flop. I don't recall anyone bidding on anything. I wish them both well.

May 21, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Tina

@ Donna...lol I agree, she was lazy! If I had all of the hired help she had, I'd be running my own business. In my opinion she had too much money to be lazy...lol But hey, we are two different people...

May 21, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tina

Why is it that when people in the spotlight divorce or breakup its because the man found someone new or he treated her like garbage? I know it happens but its not fair to assume what goes on in the household. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, it doesn't work out. Just cause they may have a bigger bank account doesn't mean that they don't go through the same problems as the rest of us. I'm sure having the fame and the money just makes it more complicated.

@ jade, you must not have kids. It's a huge accomplishment to go back to the same size after kids. So what if everything isn't in the same place... that also happens as we get older...

Either way, I wish them luck with their new lives.

May 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Donna

I will have to say that after watching her on the show. She is really lazy. She had to have a chef to come in to make her kids toast and they (their kids) needed some discipline. All the time, she walked around doing nothing. It took her hours to dress her kids for school. I have 4 kids and we have a plan and I cook for them and took them to school by myself. Then she said that she needed an assistant. "Why"?....duh... Then she appeared to be really "wrapped inside" herself. All that will make a man, black,white or other, lose interest. She just seems lost.

May 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sy

We don't know there reason, therefore let's just hope it's in the best interest of the kids... I recently separated after 16 yrs and after four kids my body is disfigured but no blames here... I love myself enough to know that thats not all of me... My kids thank us for separating and we're still good friends...

May 21, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Butterbean

My jaw dropped when I saw that this wasn't NeNe and Greg. Deshawn was dingy, but she shared an adorable rapport with her husband on that show. Too bad, they've known each other since high school.

May 21, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jade

Carin: I bet everything is not in the same place as it use to be. Just sayin'

May 21, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jade

Geof: This is nothing new. High profile people divorce all the time because they think they deserve someone better, when they don't even deserve the one they are with. This may not be the case with them but most of the time that's what it is.

May 21, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Dingo

@Geof, I think her name is Jade because she seems to be jaded by her own personal experiences, why else do people seem to consistently jump to conclusions and reach to blame others for their situation. Fortunately, weirdos like me are amused by it.

May 21, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Carin

@Jade: And where did you get the idea that having children "disfigures" a woman?! Have you actually had children? I've brought four lovely individuals to this world, and I'm the same size 6 I was before I had children...in fact, my curves are more rocking since I gave birth!

May 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Geof

@Jade: Where in that story did you get the idea that Eric Snow is pushing her aside for someone else?

May 21, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Christian

It's almost like marriage don't mean much anymore. You don't like them anymore, just go to court and get rid of them. Obviously people don't take their vows seriously. Our society has made it to easy for people to get a divorce. Divorce should have consequences such as you must go through two years of intensive counciling and made to pay a hefty fine. Anyhow the main reason that marriages fail is because they don't start with a solid foundation and that's Jesus. Jesus is a solid foundation that you can always count on to guide you in the right direction.

May 21, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mary

I hope they someday get back together.

May 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ivette

You know what happened! They fell out of love, marriages nowadays are recyclable. If you get tired you drop the one you are with and keep on moving!!!

May 21, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jade

I hate to say it but I hope she takes him for everything he's got. One thing I can't stand is a pathetic excuse of a man who use women when he needs them and then just push them to the side for someone else. She has disfigured her body by giving birth to his children and now he wants to find someone else because he's a "superstar". I hope she tells him he can get his stuff and leave but leave the cash at the door. Men are so pathetic these days but women are partially to blame. They let men walk all over them. I hope Deshawn finds a real man that knows how to treat her right.

May 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Common Sense

...Hey Jade, Maybe he left her because she can't seem to stop spending money. Maybe she chose to be a "star" vs. a supportive wife. So nice to know that women still like to jump to conclusions and blame black men for all of their problems. It would probably be wise if you kept your opinions to yourself until you got all of your facts straight.

August 19, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

She was huge. I'm sorry to say but I am a feminist as much as anyone else out there and what I have to say is WITH ALL THAT MONEY she couldn't lose a few? Being fat made her needy and him uninterested. Men are people too. They have needs. What if he got huge? Then it would be "Oh DeShawn, look, she gives him children and he can't even be attractive for her... oohh..."

August 20, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • victation

duds.! DUDS! STop making these chicks millionares by proxy. look what your paying for. notice how independent they are AFTER they get your money! what would they be working on if not for you! we wouldn't even know them @ the 99 cent store! make sure you watch this shows with eaur sons so as to show them the mental minefield headed their way. Golddigging personifide.

October 25, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. paula

so sad, too bab. I thought they were going to last. 12yrs is along time, what happened. Did he find someone younger ,skinner, I wonder.

May 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • terrybankert

THERE IS A LOT OF DRAMA IN DIVORCE IN ATLANTA GEORGIA DIVORCE COURT ...

May 30, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ami

The reason he left her is because he fathered a child with another woman. The baby is a little girl born not long ago.

August 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kre8tive

I am sad, also. I wished they could have done things to keep the marriage going they seemed like loving people. At least she did.

November 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |