May 20th, 2010

'Twilight' stars will return for 'Breaking Dawn'

Twihards can breathe a sigh of relief.

Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz have settled their salary dispute with Summit Entertainment and will return for “Breaking Dawn,” the company wrote in a press release Wednesday.

The pair will rejoin the rest of the Cullen clan - played by Peter Facinelli, Jackson Rathbone, Elizabeth Reaser and Nikki Reed - in the final installment of the franchise. Billy Burke, who plays Bella’s father Charlie Swan, has also signed on to take part in “Breaking Dawn.”

However, despite buzz that the final book will be split into two films, there is no mention of an additional project in the press release, which simply states, “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn” is slated released Nov. 18, 2011.

Filed under: movies • Twilight

1. Barbara

For those of you who love the series, you should read THE SHORT SECOND LIFE OF BREE TANNER. Although we know what happens to her in Eclipse, it's an awesome read. Plus, a portion of the proceeds go to the American Red Cross.

June 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ART

i Think it's funny that some call themselves twihards and havent even read the books. Silly people. She ends up with edward and jacob imprints with their baby

June 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kandi

Just seen twilight saga the eclipse it was so good I so can't wait for breaking dawn to come out an jus the fact it will be two movies im loving it more so can't wait for next year all 3 twilights where awsome to me..

June 30, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Caila

I'm really happy that Summit Ashley and Kellan settled there contract/money problem.Can't wait for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn next year! I'm marking my calendar!

May 24, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. FY

Dani....I think the reason New Moon was not a good as Twighlight was because it lacked Edward & Bella together. They were there only at the beginning (which was sad) and at the end. Let's face it, we are all wanting to see the romance keep moving to new levels. Looking forward to Eclipse, since their relationship gets better. But, I cringe at the "love triangle". Not looking forward to that part.

May 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dani

I definately liked the first movie better...but maybe because I didn't read the book before I saw the first movie, then read them all before the second. anyway if any book should have been made into two different movies-it should have been the second one, new moon, and incorporated some of the third book into the second half of it. I'm glad they replaced victoria, though, she was not attractive. cant wait to see it!

May 23, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. coresadanel

I agree with MARTA, I liked the feel of Twilight way better than New Moon, it had that dark, mysterious feel that made the Cullen clan feel dangerous. New Moon completely lacked that. I wish they'd bring Catherine back to direct Breaking Dawn. She'd do an excellent job!

May 22, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MARTA

@ FY... You're totally right, that freaking pregnancy was way too long. I hated that Bella coudln't enjoy her honeymoon, Edward need it to chill out a lil' bit.

I hope they didn't messed up "Eclipse" like they did "New Moon"... I think that for "Breaking Dawn" they should go back to Catherine Hardwicke to direct it. She did a great job with "Twilight"!.

May 21, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. FY

ALICE could NEVER be replaced....... "Breaking Dawn"... The honeymoon was tooooo short and the pregnancy tooooo long This book does not need 2 parts.....Eagerly waiting for Eclipse, the best of the books, (except for the honeymoon in Breaking Dawn) and hoping the movie does not focus on any love "triangle". Bella should always be 100000% sure, and never question her feelings for her vampire. Her "doubts" were TOTALLY wrong and should be eliminated from the movie COMPLETELY.

May 21, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Christy

I hated 'Breaking Dawn'. That baby freaked me out. Horrid ending to a good series.

May 20, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tricia

To "J" – You must not have understood the character, Kristen Stewart is perfect for her role, but then maybe you have never been a teenage girl in love.

May 20, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lucille

wow im so glad i really did love Alice so much!
    besides, alice should be in..... who else would decorate bella and her wedding?????

May 20, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bruna

im glad that they finally decide it to setle with them caus without them whats the fun of it alice has to b in the breaking dawn n emett

May 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bruna

I hope that they make it as close as the book breaking dawn was the best of em all n i hopeeeeeeeeeee they make it just like it i cant wait till it comes out

May 20, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kelstar

im glad they have stayed it would of been the same if they had left and good on them for getting a pay rise. i so cnt wait to see breaking dawn it was my fav book

May 20, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. J

who cares? the movies SUCK in comparison to the books. Way to flop on that one, Summit. They should've gone with someone other than Kristen Stewart – pretty, but a BAD actress!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JESSICA

So very happy!!! Can't wait to see it and hopefully they do break it into two parts.

May 20, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jon

twilight=epic fail....he sparkles in the sun. SERIOUSLY?!?!? He's not a vampire he's a fairy.

May 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Victor

ONCE AAGIN:

WHO CARES????? THEIR ROLES AREN'T EVEN THAT IMPORTANT!!!! THEY COULD HAVE BEEN REPLACED JUST AS EASY AS THAT RED HEAD VILLAIN WAS.

May 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • joanne

if you don't care then why are you posting comments on a twilight article?

October 2, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. FY

Glad to know they are on, especially Ashley Green, she really contributes a lot to the movie. It wouldn't be the same without her. She's my favorite after Mr. Rob.

May 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Melissa

omg omg omg! im so happy to hear their staying. they would have been dumb not to. but i love alice, she is amazing to me. ashley plays her perfect, i would of been sad to see her go 🙂

May 20, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Go Sharks!

@laura- Breaking Dawn will be 2 movies... and I heard in 3D!

May 20, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Barb

That's whats up. That will make daughters happy to hear just as Robert Pattinson and Taylor laughtner will still be in the movie. They have liked Robert since he starred in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

May 20, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. laura

I think there is too much in Breaking Dawn to have it all fit in to one movie & still be true to the book. Unless the movie was 4 to 5 hours. Its going to be a good one though. Also who r they going to get to play Renesemee?

May 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Samantha

Both Twilight and New Moon were released on my wedding anniversary, so guess where I was? And guess where I will be for Breaking Dawn, lol...luckily I have a husband who puts up with my Twilight Obsession. Too bad, Eclipse is the only one not released on the anniversary...

May 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. JenLaw

Thank the maker. I'm still not over Rachael getting dumped. Hopefully Summit caved.

May 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Head Diva In Charge

I can't wait for Breaking Dawn. It was the best book of the series – and if done right, will be a shocking movie!

May 20, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Maria

I'm so excited! The movie comes out on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! 🙂

May 20, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Go Sharks!

Good thing. That would've been a really dumb move on their parts. What else are they known for??

May 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |