May 20th, 2010

Simon Cowell: 'Idol' was boring me

When the boredom kicks in, Simon Cowell heads out.

The deceptively acerbic “American Idol” judge and super-producer told Oprah Winfrey Thursday that he'd grown as much as he could with "Idol," and he'd always wanted to leave before he would be asked to.

“I’m leaving for the same reasons you left,” Cowell told the Chicago host, who announced her decision to pull the plug on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” last November. “You just know that time’s up. I remember the first year when we did this, and it was like an adventure, and I loved not knowing if it would be successful, and the buzz...we were kind of making it up every week.”

But there comes a point, Cowell said, when “you go on automatic pilot, and there were too many times I was sitting there bored. I can’t hide it when I’m bored. And I thought, the audience deserves more than to tune in, and I’m bored.”

As a result, “Idol” will have to soldier on without one of it’s star judges. But who could ever replace Simon? Hopefully, he told Winfrey, someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.

A couple of weeks ago I remember we were arguing and kidding around on the panel, and I remember thinking at that point, ‘It’s too much about the judges at the moment, and we’ve forgotten what the contestants go through,’ ” Cowell said. “I think primarily you have to have someone who knows what they’re talking about…Someone who knows how to pick talent. If we were judging the ice-skating Olympics you wouldn’t have someone on there who’s obnoxious.”

And as “obnoxious” as Cowell may have been at times, despite all of that, he knows he can spot a star. Although, in all honesty, he has his moments where he misjudges a book by its cover.

“Susan Boyle, if I’m being honest with you, the second I saw her come out I was like, ‘oh here we go,' " Cowell admitted. “I wasn’t really listening to her answers, and then she started to sing and I thought ‘oh my God, we got this all wrong’…. We’re all sneering, we’re not listening to people [and] we’re judging everybody; I didn’t like what I saw in myself. I was happy she made us look stupid, because we deserved it.”

Just because he’s out of “Idol” doesn’t mean Cowell has lost the taste for talent competitions; he’s bringing a British sensation to our shores with “X Factor” – which, yes, will be in competition with “Idol.”

" 'Idol' is our competition, but so is everything, [like] ‘Dancing with the Stars’ …everything that’s popular,” Cowell said. “X Factor” will be a standout “because there’s no upper-age limit,” he added. “We thought it could be like David vs. Goliath, where a 16-year-old could be competing against a 35-year-old. I have no idea if it’ll succeed, but I’ll boil it down to whether or not we can find a star, and I’m confident that we can find a star.”

Cowell’s workaholic tendencies do make him a bit difficult to live with, he told Winfrey, and as a result have taken a toll on his ability to stay in a relationship. The problem isn’t so much what he's looking for, he said, but what his significant other may want. “I never genuinely believed anyone would want to marry me because I’m difficult to live with. I’m selfish, quite weird and I need time on my own to think and I work all night long,” he said.

Yet despite his oddities, Cowell has found happiness with makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy.

“It’s good, because I’ve never been very good at relationships to be honest with you,” he told Winfrey. “I’ve been friends with all my exes so that’s worked well. But I never thought I would be with one person, and now I think I will.”

Filed under: American Idol 2010 • Celebrities • television

1. Kareen

Don't worry Simon, we also found the show boring too this year. A real sleeper!!!!
    Can't wait for x-Factor

May 28, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Navyboy

It was boring most people. In the end it's just a crappy Karaoke show.
    Go down to your local bar any wednesday night and you can get the same thing live in your face.

May 28, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sharon

Simon was GREAT & I iwll not watch next season because SIMON will not be there
    And it is not fair that CRYSTAL did not win ;-( THANKS SIMON for everything

May 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Margo

Right on Simon I stopped watching two years ago, I respect Simon and he is right it is boring. They never apreciate honesty on the show everybody always rooting for non sense performances and if Simon tell it like it is they boo him. I am sick of the show as well. Go do your thing in London Simon I will be watching out for his next endeavor

May 27, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lindsey

I definitely cannot wait for "The X Factor"! I've been watching the British version of that show online and hopefully, it'll bring the same energy here.

"American Idol" is seriously getting boring right now. It could be Adam Lambert's fault or anyone else's...

May 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Smoke A Choke

This what I'm getting at the store:chicken wing,fried chicken,fries,candy,cheeseburger,taco bell,jack in the box,McDonalds,french toast,Mike and Ikes,And a smoke that is all lol

May 26, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Clete

If I had to watch Simon Cowell for very long, I too would be bored.

May 26, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tim

2 words for boredom...Howard Stern.

May 26, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Fred Evil

Idol was boring YOU?!

God, what an awful show. With virtually no talent and absolutely no entertainment value. It's almost on Par with Dancing with the Stars.

May 26, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Samantha

Don't you just hate it when they take a show past its prime? American Idol was a fun 8 years but well its time for it to bid farewell. I mean a judging panel of Ellen, Kara, Randy...and whomever. Really ? That just won't cut it. I heard they really want Harry Connick. that won't cut it either.
    Besides it should have always been about the contestants not the judging but Simon was just too hard to not be the star of the show. Can you imagine Randy now dogging people out? Yeah, stick a fork in this show its done. Next year I will be watching The X factor not idol.

Idol was dead the day they decided to bring Ellen on board.

May 24, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dwight

Simon was by far the best judge on the show, & I, for one of many, will really miss him.
    Like him, or not, he was right in what he said.
    Why on earth did they add a fourth judge? There is way to much interaction among the four judges also.
    Ellen has never been in the music business in any way, & they put her on as a judge?
    Her own T.V. Show, isn't hardly worth watching, & watching her on Idol, with her supposedly funny comments, takes away from the show.
    Whatever Randy says, she agrees with.
    Go back to just three judges, & let Ellen go.
    I honestly cannot see Idol lasting more that three more years, if that long.
    I used to never miss a show, but this year if I miss a show, well, it really does not matter @ all !!!!!!!!!!!

May 23, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mike Nickles

Simon Cowell was the best judge on the show. I hope they throw in something special for the season final for Simon because he was all that made the show worth watching because he was a true judge and all of his opinions was mostly true.

May 23, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dave in Connecticut

I hate to see Simon go, but then again I hated to see Paula go. I don't think the show will be the same without the both of them. Ellen won't be able to boost the ratings with her wit and Kara and Randy really just aren't that entertaining. They are good judges, Randy and Kara, but the face value will lie with Ellen, who, although funny, is not a good judge of music or at least doesn't have the credentials. I think the show is on a down hill slide and only a miracle can save it. Replacement for Simon better be good or the show will faulter.

May 22, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ted

The show started to tank once Paula left. There was nobody to argue with on that level. Thanks Ted http://longisland-Electricians.com

May 22, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. Chasity

yeah the try outs were the only time i watched the show..Never could get into it after that. Changing the channel now!

May 22, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  16. All boring jus the same

What made the show is the lightheartedness of the two judges Paula and Simon. We all knew the contestants would make it somehow with all the air time they had; but P&S really played off each other; Kara just didn't have that kinda personality. Ellen (yawn) was way out of her element; Randy, was harsh and uninspiring; Kinda feltas if he was just as bored as Simon and Ellen.

May 22, 2010 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  17. stacyz

Bianca stated that I had it backwards when I said that Adam Lambert ruined American Idol with his theatrics and she says that he's the greatest thing to happen to the show. I wonder if she would think the same if he had sung with standard lighting and camera angles and looked less physically appealing.

In my opinion, Clay Aiken and David Cook are greater than Adam Lambert.

May 21, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rbattle1

Who gives a rats a– I wish they would cancle the show American Idol and deport Simon, Helen and all the rest out of here.

May 21, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jorge

Simon Is an arrogant individual who needs to grow up it may good in music business industry but he does not take any consideration in human emotions values......He need to go back to his coooooooool country UK......We can manage our Idols.......

May 21, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Just A Thought

Adam lost folks get over it! America will never knowingly vote a g ay in as the American Idol! Last year was proof of that! As soon as Adam came out, his chance to win was gone!

May 21, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Just A Thought

Almost forgot – Kara replaced Paula! Not Ellen!

May 21, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Just A Thought

My favorite post "AT&T employees went to Kris's home state to teach people how to "super" dial in to vote for him. " OMG, seriouslly!! That person probably believes we haven't been to the moon and there was more than one shooter on the grassy knoll! Gimme a break!!

May 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. sbm

Unless Kara goes to Desperate Housewives, where she belongs, the show will be over – with Simon gone who would Kara have to flirt with all of the time -

May 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mychaeltodd

Simon, it was boring me to!

May 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. I will miss you Simon

I am going to miss Simon's honesty even when it's harsh at least he's telling the truth. I am addicted to Idol even when one season is not as good as the other. I hope they find someone as sharp as he is with the right personality. We will look forward to seeing you on the X Factor Simon!

May 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jonesey

American Karaoke... errrr... I mean American Idol was a joke from the beginning. Other than a chosen few on the show, such as Kelly and Daughtry, who actually wrote their own material and became successful? Writing is a true talent. Everyone else has been merely a musical poser.

May 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jen

Does Simon ever call Mezghan by name? It always seems that he says " I found someone", "I decided to make someone happy", " I never thought I would spend my life with just one person, and now I THINK I will", etc.... He seems to avoid saying things like Mezghan and I or even using "we" in reference to her and himself. Have I missed something???

May 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Topsytail

I like Simon, I like his dry English sense of humor. He tries to help people, the singers and what about all the money they have made for starving people all over the world. Did you forget that?. Who wouldn't be bored with some of the singers who are a waste of time. He's not rude, he tells it like it is. The show will be nothing without Simon. Kara and Ellen shouldn't have been judges, that is also why the show got boring, they were boring. I don't think the show is fixed, Lee and Crystal were the best two. It all boils down to the voters. I wish they would tell us the amount of votes each one gets.
    I don't know if I can watch the show without Simon, it will never be the same...... Randy and his 'dawg' got old too.
    No Simon, no AI.

May 21, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. bg

Have watched a few episodes...Ellan basically says whatever Randy says, she is worthless and has no value add. Giving each judge 30 seconds to re-hash Randy's comments bores me to tears.

May 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. The Marginalizer

Simon who?

May 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Diane C

Pass that job of your's Simon over to us poor souls who are currently unemployed due to our broken economy.....I promise you I won't be bored!

May 21, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  32. jbitson

Thanks the DVR I was able to zip right past Simon's snide remarks and goofy analogies so I won't be missing him at all. Why he is so liked by so many is a mystery to me. He was downright abusive to many contestants and that makes him a jerk. No one deserves to be treated with such a lack of regard for feelings. Especially when they work so hard to do their best.I wonder if he will continue with the same rude behavior on his new show?

May 21, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. LLBD

Simon – Bye!

May 21, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  34. soysoy

Most of my friends and family did not like to watch AI this season after Adam Lambert lost last year...because we want someone as talented as Adam on AI. So it was not worth watching anymore...like Simon said boring...

Adam Lambert is still the best...

May 21, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  35. sheppard

What a guy! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! Who would have even heard of this tool without Idol? How about just walking away? Far away...

May 21, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. let's be real

ARTOFWAR, you should change your name to ARTOFTRUTH because you couldn't have gotten any closer to the bullseye.

I will definitely give you that point on American talent being there but not being noticed.

May 21, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  37. JT

JuliannaD May 20th, 2010 5:28 pm ET

I think Idol started going down the drain when last season got it all wrong. Adam Lambert was the top star and best singer....he should have won.

__________

Kris Allen's cd has over 1 million sales. Adam's has about 639,000. How do you explain that? I guess the people who voted for Kris are buying his cd, while Adam's "fans" are still too busy crying to have remembered to go out and actually buy the cd.

For me, idol went downhill when Taylor Hicks won....worst mistake EVER.

May 21, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  38. Mike

Right now, A.I. is just plain boring, predictable, and aimed at producing a "Pop Star". But, there are many more genres of music and song out there, which the show does not adequately represent. It's become old-hat, and hasn't developed with the times.
    Simon has made the right choice. Moving on will either allow someone else to bring new life to the show, or allow it to sink into oblivion.
    Roll out the X-Factor!

May 21, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  39. ARTOFWAR

If American Idol is rigged, then it is for the best.
    Because the general American public wouldn't know real talent, if it shat onto their neophytish collective heads.

And the proof of this theory, is the successes of persons such as, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Britney Spears and a few others I won't bother to mention.

America does have great talent. Unfortunately however, they will never be heard due to America's public, and their blatant lack of good taste.......Artofwar

May 21, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  40. let's be real

off*

swore I typed two f's...

May 21, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  41. let's be real

Simon made the right move. He knew a sinking ship when he saw it.

Chrisie, you're right with one thing... he doesn't know American music. He only knows GOOD music.

As for everyone else hating on Simon, you fail to realize that he is one of the brains behind these shows you watch. Regardless of what you say or if Simon is even on the show, you will still be watching these shows. Just remember in the end who makes the $$$ of your viewership.

May 21, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  42. StudyYourGrammarRules!

I'm sorry, CNN, but this marks about the 5th consecutive article in which you have misused the "it's" construction: "...soldier on without one of it's judges."

The possessive form of it is "its."
    "It's" is a contraction for "it is" or "it has."

As a professional news organization, you should know better or you should hire proofreaders who actually know their stuff.

As is, you just look like you don't give a crap. Geez.

May 21, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • jon

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find anywhere in CNN's article where the contraction "It's" was used instead of "its".

May 26, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  43. Jackson

JuliannaD May 20th, 2010 5:28 pm ET

_________

And yet, according to sales figures, Adam's cd is not selling as well as the winner's......so what happened to all those people who felt he should win? I guess they aren't concerned enough to actually buy the cd.

May 21, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Heather

We're bored too!!

May 21, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  45. Chrisie

Simon; you don't know american music – you should never have been a judge on this show – also those lame "mentors" – who idea was that? you promote who you want to win – you don't know how to dress or wear your hair yet you are the "head" judge on a talent show to criticize people?
    it's either your white T-shirt (an undergarment) or that grey sweater – and flat-tops went out in the 80s. You're such a hypocrit – glad you'll be gone.

May 21, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  46. Jon

For once I actually agree with Simon Cowell. I think I watched maybe the first few minutes of the very first show, and it instantly bored me. I'm just surprised it took him so long to admit it.

May 21, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  47. jayjay

his replacement should be a former contestant...someone who knows what it is like to compete, who knows music, who is articulate, and is good in front of a camera. Justin Guarini.

May 21, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  48. John

Simon is leaving American Idol? What's American idol?

May 21, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  49. Kallie Sherman

SIMON, dont go you are my second favorite judge... Ellen is my favv

May 21, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  50. Aztec

I am always amused by people who say these result shows are "rigged". If you are that convinced you are correct, sue FOX under "emotional stress". They would – in court – have to prove the independent company that tallies results is correct. And since you are all certain that is what they do, you'd win millions. Then you could sue the Oscars too for they are certainly rigged.

May 21, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  51. snakehead

Boring show

May 21, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jake

IT-IS BORING!!! The only part of the show I like are the freak shows at the auditions. You know this show is in it's downhill when middle-aged people start watching it. In fact, this year was the highest amount of middle aged folks that watched the show. Meanwhile Idol lost a bunch of the teenagers....that's always a bad sign for a show like Idol. Why do you think they're playing all those Senatra junk more this time around? What freekin' teenager is going to like any of that? Ironic that teenagers lead the trends and middle aged folks follow it....iPad anyone?

May 21, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  53. philbo

elleryz in your comment you said people voted for #3 Casey James and the text back was for #2 Lee Dewyze. Well to let you know Lee's callin numbers were 3,6, and 9. So if they dialed a 3 they would have voted for LEE. If anything it's strange how LEE got the numbers 3,6, and 9 and the other contestants were 2, 5, and 8 and 1,4, and 7. 3,6, and 9 are alot easier to remember.

May 21, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  54. James T.

I quit watching American Idol when I found out they discriminated against prospective contestants on the basis of age. I'm surprised Idol lets blacks and jews on. I'm sure they'd ban them as well, if they thought they could get away with it.

May 21, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  55. Dolores

I only watched AI to watch Simon and Paula. With Paula gone there's nothing to watch. Simon misses her, no wonder he's bored. There is such a rare chemistry between them that they made the show. I watch you tube videos of them all the time. To see the love , respect and happiness between the two of them ? It just MADE MY HEART HAPPY.
    Love you Paula and Simon.

May 21, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. Melissa

Generic boring pop music IS well... boring.

I used to be a major pop fan. The thing is that all modern pop is so generic that its become useless. I'd rather listen to New Country than pop because at least its interesting.

The problem with American Idol is that, not only do the contestants no longer usually have any real star power, they're pigeon holed into a pop star makeup.

A good example would be Adam Lambert. He's a glam rocker the likes of Kiss, David Bowie and Queen. So why is he being forced to do boring pop crap? He's NOT a pop star, he's a rock star. Frankly, his first album sucked. We ALL know he can do better.

American Idol has become fixed and boring. I've even stopped watching. They never give it to those that deserve it so there's no point.

May 21, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  57. JR

Simon made the show in the first place. Yep, he could be obnoxious, but he wasn't wrong very often.

The show IS boring. I've found myself doing other things instead of being glued to the television. It wasn't a dramatic parting of the ways, sort of a drifting off... If the show goes kaput, I won't be crying over it.

I'll give the X Factor a try, but the truth is, the reality stuff (or non reality depending upon who you talk to) is old news.

May 21, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  58. PaulieJ

It took him this long? Given the style of music it caters to, I've been bored with it, rather I should say avoiding it, since it first aired.
    Televised karaoke is what it amounts to.
    I find the World Series of Poker more exciting than Simon ripping into a cast of wannabe-pop-stars and would even rather watch baseball (when I dislike baseball) than sit down to an episode of Idol.

May 21, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  59. blklwyrgirl

We're bored too, Simon! Time to shut it down!

May 21, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  60. CajunChef

Cowell has been boring since the show's inception.

May 21, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  61. buzbeech

It is boring you and everyone else. Let it Die!

May 21, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  62. Millie Bea

Hey- having to sit there and listen to ego-mouth Kara, would make me want to shoot myself- he's probably being a gentleman bu=y saying he's bored.

May 21, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  63. Debbie DeCeglie

Go back to England!!! Sorry, you made your money and go!

Debbie DeCeglie

May 21, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  64. Amy Sherif

This was the third season that really made me fixed that Simon is a very boring person...my God! even his comments are so dull and ineffective...he does not care anymore in fact the idea is getting boring.the results are saddening ,unfair and fixed .......this is boring.

May 21, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  65. IdolUsedToBeGood

Bye Bye Simon......you were the main reason to watch this show!

May 21, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  66. havoc247

He wanted to devote himself full-time to his smugness and finding another model to use as a beard.

May 21, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  67. godmoo

simon cowell is gone? THank god!! perhaps the show maybe worth watching now. Simon is a waste of cell membranes. He is also the primary reason i refused to watch the show after season 1

May 21, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  68. loretta Goldstein

I will miss Simon on American Idol. Good luck to him.

May 21, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. Annoyed

Am I the only one who likes Kara? Keep in mind, she is a SONG WRITER (who happens to also have a very good singing voice) so her critiques are based more on song choice and emotions of how the contestants sing the song. She has worked with everyone from Celine Dion to Pink and most of her songs have become hits. So whether or not you like her (although she is my favorite) is your opinion but no one can say she is not talented. I love Ellen as well... as a host but i agree she seems uncomfortable judging. Get rid of Ryan and let Ellen host... that would be a good fit. Randy is kind of useless.... and Simon is Simon. He is unreplacable. Idol is a REALITY show. We have to remember to watch not only to find the next 'big' star but to see how the people progress and I think Lee and Crystal have made huge improvements over the season and deserve to at least have a shot at making it big.

May 21, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  70. tippy

am I the only one who hates his arrogant, greasy mug?

May 21, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • wood

simon is an arrogant pig. paid obnoxiuously for being rude a waste of air time contributes nothing of any value no I dont watch idol although I am guilty of watching two dogs do it while driving simon go away and stay away

May 26, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
      • Lindsey

I'm not a huge fan of Simon but he contributed a lot, not just to "Idol" but the music industry as well. You obviously don't know that he's been in the business long enough and is not a waste of time. He's not "arrogant pig", just honest.

May 26, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. geez people

I'd like to say, Donna, Clay Aiken did not win American Idol, he was the runner up. To those applauding him – Adam Lambert was not that great, he screamed most of his songs & I did not care for him one bit & it didn't matter to me in the least if he was gay or not, I just didn't care for his singing. How can the show be rigged?? If it was, don't you think that would have actually been exposed by now seeing as it has been on for years. If you people don't like it, don't watch it & don't read articles about it. Some of the winners have not really gone on to do much, but some of them have been very successful, if not like Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, they still have gone on to make a living at what they love. I will always love AI for giving me Carrie Underwood – she is amazing.

May 21, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  72. Louis

I'm looking forward to seeing X-Factor here. I have for the last couple of years been catching it on the Internet until iTV decided to prohibit viewing outside the UK.

Leona Lewis was a big hit from that show, and Alexandra Burke had big shoes to fill. I was hoping Danyl Johnson would have made it this year.

It is neat that the judges actually get to groom a contestant. I think that is what Simon has liked about the X-Factor. He helps pick the songs, styles the person. He usually gets the young 20-somethings under his wings.

May 21, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  73. Golden State Girl

I will stop watching now that Simon is gone. Idol has turned into a personality show opposed to exploring real musical talent.

I love Ellen, but what business does she have judging music?
    NONE!

May 21, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  74. LM

Glad to see Simon go, his ego is way too big, probably to compensate for his wee wee! ha ha!

May 21, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  75. Interesting

I must say it has never bored me. I have never bothered watch it...

May 21, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  76. therealAshleyJ

Honestly, I think the major problem with American Idol is America. the vote for the smae crappy people every week. I watched this season's semi finals and there were people who should have made it. That guy who had the face of a greyhound and coulnd't sing stayed way to long. It is so obvious that they fill the cast with three people who could win and the rest are just fillers. My vote is to stop letting America vote.

May 21, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  77. Donna

Sorry to disappoint but Adam would not have been the first openly gay idol, had he won. Clay Aiken was.

May 21, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  78. Idea

The show without a doubt is now smells South of Cheese.

May 21, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  79. dixick

Simon has truly been the backbone of the show. Love him or hate him, he has been the most important component. With that said, I think AI needs a complete overhaul. Fresh faces...different voting system. In fact, why not have a panel (just three) that would have 50% of the vote.

May 21, 2010 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  80. Brad

Because it's a diversion from life Fred, that's why people watch it. It allows you to see ordinary people have the chance to move to a singing career from simple, mundane jobs and lives. What's wrong with that? It's entertainment, pure and simple. It sure beats watching golf or NASCAR.....

May 21, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  81. Robin

It won't be the same without Simon. No matter what anyone says, most American's who watched Idol always agreed with his remarks. He was 98% right all the time, and he was good because he was honest. Yes, sometimes brutally honest. But now what? If we have another Ellen to replace Simon, who is going to care to watch the show?

May 21, 2010 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  82. beverly

May 21, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  83. lauratj

He kept it real,not sugar coated.I think he will be hard to replace.Randy is good,Ellen & Kara have to go. peace out ya'll

May 21, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  84. Hey Dude!

Nobody analogizes better than Simon. He is so good at this...from salads to the main course. He will surely missed. He has left his mark on this show. Next season, he will be compared to whoever will take his place. This cannot be avoided. People will. Thank you Simon for staying this long. What a gracious exit you have made.

May 21, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  85. Fred

Why anyone would watch this show is beyond me. Or any reality TV for that matter.

May 21, 2010 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  86. big buz

everybody seems to dislike simon. well let me tell you all. him and randy are the only ones that realy no there stuff. sometimes i dont agree with what they here and i here with some of the contestents. butttt over all there great.

May 21, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  87. Jeff

Go Siobhan!

May 21, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  88. simon

No Sherri, YOU are ridiculous. Please get a life.

May 21, 2010 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  89. Sherri

You people are ridiculous. You were bored with the show, yet most of you watched it and all of you have commented on this article. Why? Is it that important to you? Really? I thought you were bored with it? Why did Simon stay if he was bored? He had something called a CONTRACT which runs out this season, I am assuming THAT would be the reason. It's rigged, huh? OK...... You, who are sitting behind your computer making these accusations, are more sure of it than the contestants who have lived and breathed this show for the past five months? Lived within it's confines? You know, the people who left their lives, their livelihood, their friends to try out for this thing? But apparently stayed with it even though, if YOU know it's rigged, well then they MUST know it, too! But they all stuck around, didn't they? Why would they stick around knowing that they are being shafted? Thousands and thousands try out for this thing...... Listen, take some advice here.....If you're bored with the show, take your cable bill money and go buy yourselves some common sense.

May 21, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  90. tony

AI and Simon have bored me for years!!!!

May 21, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  91. bluenote

Thanks, American Idol, and Reality TV in general, for taking the last few steps necessary to completely destroy American Culture. Thanks to your vapid, pointless singing contest, our youth now feel that the only good music is pop music, and that having a talent outside the mainstream is stupid and pointless, because it won't make them rich overnight. Thanks for getting the public to believe that all your lies are 'reality', and that what happens on your show matters. There are many things, over the years that have contributed to the demise of real music, but in the last five, I'd have to say 'Idol' has done more than its' share. Sleep well, Cowell.

May 21, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  92. Hanson

Anyone remember the song "Mmm Bop"?....huh?...anyone?......no?

May 21, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  93. CD

BACK TO THREE JUDGES PLEASE! kara is so self absorbed, Ellen is out of place..they have to rush and almost make same comments because 4 judges consumes too much air time! I agree...Best contestant doesn't get through due to voting system. (i.e. An adult who identifies real talent and calls in omnce as opposed to a tween voting/texting all night long because they think a singer is "dreamy").

May 21, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  94. Guest

"without one of it’s star judges"

I know *it's* just a blog, but maybe, just maybe, *its* grammar could be above that of a second grader?

May 20, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Tim Greer

Now he knows how the rest of us feel. Reality TV and its fans all need to just go away.

May 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Carla

I think that the best replacement for Simon Cowell on American Idol would be Jake Werner, who is one one the judges on the Canadian version of the show, Canadian Idol.

Simon will be a big loss to the show and it could lose its appeal without him, but I think that Jake could fit the bill.

May 20, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Cal

Simon is the only judge who usually was "spot on" and honest with his
    critiques. I also sense that he is really more than what we see on tv.
    I think he is a nice person and really shows his emotions if you really
    watch him closely. The night Crystal sang the wonderful and moving
    song where she cried at the end of it; when the camera panned over
    the judges, Simon had tears in his eyes and was very emotional after
    that song. Did anyone else see it? My sense of him is that he IS a very
    caring person, but does not want to let the public see that in him.
    But for me, it is what makes me relate more to him and like him! I
    wish him much happiness in his private life. His public life has been
    very succesful indeed!

May 20, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Naked truth

Idol is boring us too. Was much more exciting last season. Time to hang up your tee shirt...

May 20, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  99. betty

Simon who? American Idol is about the contestants, not some british big headed nobody who thinks he knows talent. Isnt he the one who tried to push a group called Divo as something great? LOL

May 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Leonard

I bet the money he made from the show wasn't boring to him.

May 20, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Bianca

Stacyz has got it bass-akward! Idol was not ruined by Adam Lambert. Adam was the best thing that ever happened on on Idol....ever!

It's on a down side now because it 'went to the mountain' with Adam Lambert and now everything else is just ho-hum. He set a standard of perfection for great talent. There aren't that many people as talented as he is and without that kind of talent...Idol is just amateur talent night at any local high school.

May 20, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Lola

Idol bored me too Simon.

In the past years I have enjoyed it so much and stayed home on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings because I never wanted to miss it, but this year it's a looser and it's time for Idol to graciously leave the air for good, like Lost has done. Time to wrap it up.

May 20, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  103. lasdh

I have never watched the show, so who cares!

May 20, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. cajr

no idol started to get crappy when daughtry got voted out and hicks won. soul patrol? really?? daughtry clearly was the best and the best should win. but then underwood won and she was the best so go figure. and then lambert, ugh! i didn't watch last season or much of this one.

May 20, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Scout

I quit watching after last year's debacle. Adam Lambert was so superior that this year's contestants are like amateur hour, boring, boring, boring. Until they go with one phone number one vote, or one e-mail address one vote, I will not waste my time.

May 20, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Big Rod

Love him or hate him, Simon is the backbone of Idol. RJ has 3 different phrases he uses to judge performers (and that's REAL old), ED doesn't know excrement from dirty porrige when it comes to music (notice she ALWAYS agrees with RJ). K is a long winded blabbermouth. Worst of all is the pseudo intellectual host RS. This show will tank without Simon, and I'm sure glad it wont be me that is paying that stupid money to RS when it does tank. Good luck Simon, X Factor already has a fan here.

May 20, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  107. mushymushroom

I hope Simon will sport a different fashion statement on X Factor. LoL :p

Well, Simon will be missed, and I can't imagine how AI will be like without him.

May 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  108. BLAH

Idol bored me after season 2. Why did it take such a smart man so long to realize he was wasting his time on D list garbage. Ruben who?

May 20, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Gloria

His last gift to the show was mentoring to Lee Dewyze. And making him shine. And making him the next idol.

I find Simon Cowell to be a truly compelling spot on judge of people – and their character. For me it was what he did for Carrie Underwood – sparing her no criticism and comment, too along the way – that made her realize her talent and what she could do with it. Made her into the superstar she has become by helping her believe in herself.

He will be missed.

May 20, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  110. ElleryZ

Fred May 20th, 2010 8:23 pm ET

nanananana.. Will you people listen yourselves? You sound like obnoxious spoiled brats! If you don't like the show don't watch it!

Gee you must have dug pretty deep for that Fred.

May 20, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Fred

May 20, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Tina Forster

So much to comment on. I think Simon was always bored. The camera often caught him looking away from the contestants or goofing off with another judge.
    I think Kara is the weak link. She is trying to fill Paula's shoes and they just will never be her size.
    I have been trying to figure out why Ellen is not her animated self, and why she wouldnt get up and dance and clap like Paula used to do. I concluded that it must be uncomfortable for Ellen or anyone to be some place where you are obviously not wanted by the people you work with. It is obvious Simon and Kara, in their body language at the judges table, do not like or welcome Ellen. It appears to be a high school clique and Ellen is the one who is being alienated and made to feel uncomfortable.
    I thought, when it was announced that Ellen would be the 4th judge, wouldnt it be entertaining to have Ellen and Paula on the show together. I think you would see a looser Ellen and the Paula of old.
    In Simon's interview with Oprah I think his comment of the next judge needs to be someone who knows what they are talking about : he was making a judgement about Ellen because she isnt in the music industry. Well, that is like saying Johnny Carson could not spot talent. Let's not forget how many stars now because Johnny Carson's help and endorsement. Same with Letterman and Leno today.
    Also, what Ellen brings to the table is the perspective of the very people who will or will not buy the CDs of the contestants and Idol winner. Without record sales it would be the end of Idol.
    My wish and hope that the producers would AT LEAST put to the test, is have Paula there for the finals next week as a guest and seated next to Ellen and watch the ratings sky rocket. And bid farewell to Kara.

May 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  113. laura

Idol hit ts peak with Adam Lambert. Everyone else will forever pale in comparison. This season is so mind numbingly boring, that I have begun watching 'The Biggest Loser" instead. At least they are accomplishing something.

May 20, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Joe

I can't think of anything worse than replacing Paula Abdul with Ellen Degeneres. Talk about a bad idea.

What in the world were they thinking? Did the other networks get tired of Idol's success and plant a mole that talked them into replacing Paula with Ellen? There could not possibly be another explanation.

Who in the world wants to listen to Ellen make pun after pun using jokes she wrote well before the show? Those puns she makes every time she has her turn to speak are boring, unfunny, unoriginal and canned. She writes those unfunny lines/puns down and just waits for the change to use them.

She sticks out like a sore thumb and this season is much worse because of it.

May 20, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Wayne

Interesting read. Simon is a good guy. He admits when he makes mistakes and learns from it. And it will be sad to tune in to Idol and not see Simon. See with Paula there was some excitement there. Idol represents that you are looking for an "Idol" Talent. What does X factor represent? If Simon runs it it will be cool provided it works with the others. Will be interesting to watch and Simons next baby is on the way. Relationships are hard.. Some people are accepting and really good at them. But it's better to know your weakness and make peace with it then let someone else steal your peace because you just can't face it. So hey in time it may be time . But helping other people is probably more rewarding than marriage or a relationship. I mean if you can balance both then that's great. Learning to balance the act is going to be a thing that will help. Just like the Idol's have to learn as they go along. I will Miss Simon as I miss Paula. The extraordinary characters help make those shows great and everyone else too. The host as well. Bless you Simon .

Oprah and Simon are leaving.. I could tell Simon was bored sometimes. Bu8t there were times in the past you could see the excitement flourish. Sad when in relationships the same happens.
    Hopefully things will work out. Simon ROCKS!!

Wayne

May 20, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  116. NotAbdul

The show went down hill as soon as Paula left. The dynamic between Simon and Paul was interesting and it kept the judging of contestants on track. Interestingly, most of the people Paula has championed and that Simon originally didn't like have become the biggest stars (Clay Aiken, Daniel Archuletta, Adam Lambert, etc.). Without either Paula or Simon, you're left with Randy telling every contestant "Yo, dawg, that was aightt/ a bit pitchy" –for someone who played bass for a 1980s prog rock band, he has never been able to give decent critiques.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paula ends up on the X-Factor. You could see in their exchanges a mutual respect for each other and they're chemistry is what sold Idol in the beginning of every season.

May 20, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Brian

Finally, Simon is leaving. I'll throw a party for every episode he is NOT on. Thank God for small favors. We are sick of the British snobs, look what happend to the weakest link.

May 20, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  118. frustrated

Is it too much to ask that a news organization know the difference between its and it's. There are enough people who can't properly use punctuation – they don't need their ignorance reinforced by news articles.

May 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your wrong

Actually they got it right. "its" is possessive. "it's" is a contract ration for "it is". I guess you proved your own point... Most people don't know the rule.

May 26, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Your wrong

Look at that. I should have made my name “You're Wrong”. Hastiness.

May 26, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Wow

Uh no, he's right...

It says...

As a result, “Idol” will have to soldier on without one of it’s star judges.

Way to make yourself look smart; writing out the rule to prove your intelligence, then still not getting it yourself.

May 26, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Chris

Not as boring as watching you kiss Crystal's butt all season long Cowell.

May 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  120. lulabell

If he was so bored why stay so long? I mean, it was too long.

May 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  121. ghost of elvis

The new judge to replace Simon? Radio star Mancow Muller – or Greg Kihn.

May 20, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  122. v8a

The reason he was bored was because he was told not to be too harsh with the contestants. Paula is not there any more to stand up all drunk and give him a fit. Hahaha. I think he misses Paula. What happened to her?

May 20, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Michael Smith

Oh believe me it hasn't been a picnic for us either

May 20, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Joyce

They will have to have someone really good to replace Simon. He gives his honest opinion while the others try to say good things when they should'nt. Last year Lambert was the only one I liked to watch. He was so much better than Allen. Ellen needs to go. She does not offer anything worth listening to in judging. This year I like Lee but think Crystal is better, although the talent overall is not that great for any of them.

May 20, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  125. mary

the best season was the show with fantasia, jennifer , and that group after that the seasons were boring. simon kept the show interesting.. it will be nothing without simon. good luck sinon.

May 20, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  126. ;lakdsj

for MEEEEEEEE, it was just kinda pitchy... and BORING and RIGGED

May 20, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  127. ElleryZ

The producers of Idol manipulate the Ebb and Flow of the judging. This has never been more obvious than this year. Tim Urban stays and Alex Lambert who has a unique voice goes....why, because the judges continually attact his shyness rather than appreciate his voice. A kid who has only played in a coffee house twice in front of 25 people. Now there is a story of coming from nowhere. I also don't like the way the judges ganged up on Casey James and practically had a group love-in for Lee Dewyze. As well, I've read too many complaints from voters like one yesterday who says they voted for number 3 Case James and then the recorded announcement thanked them for voting for number 2, Lee Dewyze? No more cred AI. And do yourselves a favour and get rid of Randy Jackson and Ellen. Randy puts down a contestant and Ellen immediately agrees then they fist pump? I'm done with AI and their manipulation of the voting. The fix has been in for a long time and my guess is that Simon isn't in it just for the money and can't stomach the producers interferece with outcomes.

May 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Anne S.

What does Simon care, he's only the richest man in Britian, so why should he put up with this nonsense. I think things went down hill after Paula left. Although people didn't agree with Simon's comments, he usually was right on the nose. I didn't watch it this year because of Ellen. Until they can get someone on there from the music industry that knows talent, it will not survive.

May 20, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  129. dh

Adam had the most talent last year, but I voted for Kris
    because I was tired of the unfair advantage Adam was getting from the producers and the judges. The judges lost their impartiality long ago, which is one of the things wrong with this show now. That being said, I think this show needs a complete reboot and with Simon leaving this would be the perfect time to do it.

Get rid of ALL the judges and bring in all new ones and go back to the 3 judge panel. And while we're at it, get a new host too. Seascrest is just annoying. Ellen would make a good host. And change the voting system to one call per phone. With Simon gone, this
    show wont survive past next year without a total shakeup and better talent.

May 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Pam

Simon made the show, plain and simple. Love him or hate him, he was right on the money with his critiques (and personally, I'm a fan...anyone that brilliant and THAT good at spotting talent, well...my hat's off to you)

You are going to be sorely missed, and I would prefer Idol just pack it up and call it day. We've all retained some pretty good memories of it over the seasons, let's put it to bed before it gets embarassing.

Thanks for all you did Simon, best of luck to you in the future!!!

May 20, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Angela

To amend my previous statement. Susan was discovered on "Britain's Got Talent" not "X Factor". Sorry all.

My thoughts on Simon and Idol: http://tiny.cc/2sp5c

May 20, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  132. n56

I won't miss you Simon.

May 20, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Jorden

He must be bored with hairstyle, his hair looks like a rug with bag of flaming cr@p

May 20, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jim

He's obnoxious Watch American Idol

May 20, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  135. myladybird

you have done your time and made your money i can see why u are bored, I use to like the show but this year it just went down the drain. thank you Simmon for the laughs and bring us show. I think u need to have a show down with all the Idol winners, my bet is on with Carrie. Good luck with your new show.

May 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Joni

Wow! Doesn't anybody know that Lee was a setup? If you can't figure that one out right away, then I don't know what to tell you.

May 20, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Marnie

He was as bored as we all are - American Idol reached its peak last season and now it's just coasting down.

Looking forward to seeing Simon's new show - I will tune in (unless Kara is a judge). I agree with the previous poster, if Idol insists on continuing, get all new judges and there should only be 3, not 4 - too much annoying chatter with 4.

May 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  138. linda

I like Ellens talk show-but she seriously needs to leav IDOL- she causes lack of credibility on the show with the dumb jokes and analogies.

May 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Julie

why are you even on this show anyways????????????

May 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  140. moon627

ive always liked simon but its been very obvious that he's bored so its a good thing he's leaving AI because i'm sure the kids must feel his indifference and thats not good for their self esteem

is the X Factor just singing or a full talent show ? either way it will just be another AI or Americas Got Talent but even so i will probably watch it just to hear simon cut everyone down in his sarcastic british way

May 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  141. stacyz

Adam Lambert pretty much ruined the show unintentionally last year with his major theatrical performances. This isn't his fault; he's had a lot of experience in theatre. It makes it harder for other contestants who are there just to sing. Perhaps the show should put a limit to special lighting and backup singers in performances because it does distract from the actual singing.

That being said, Adam did deserve to win over Kris Allen. There was mention of how AT&T employees went to Kris's home state to teach people how to "super" dial in to vote for him. Why wasn't there an investigation into this?

Because they wanted to avoid Adam Lambert coming out later and being their first openly gay American Idol winner.

May 20, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  142. kkong

Idol sucks. One more year, and that will be it. Simon's opinion was the only one worthwhile.

May 20, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Tom

This program has been on my "must miss list" after seeing one show. Simon is a better man than I am to put up with it for all this time....of course he was being well compensated for his boredom.

May 20, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Frank

If they don't virtually replace the entire judging panel, they'll never be able to successfully replace Simon. He was the heart and soul of the show...yes, he was sometimes rude & crude, but always gave his honest opinion. He was the guy the panel always turned to when it came time to say "yea or nay" to a contestant. He's set up Lee to win it...whereas Randy & Cara set up Casey to fail. He recognizes Lee is a real star in the making...and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't take him under his wing and either mentor or manage him. You can see the pride he has in Lee...because he knows the guy will be a star.

May 20, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  145. I love Sandra

"You're fired!"

May 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  146. JuliannaD

May 20, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Karen

So Simon is bored with Idol? That makes two of us.

May 20, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Richard Richardson

You're boring for me

May 20, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Pat

Boring is knowing what the producers want & you get blamed for it

May 20, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Angela

I watched this season's Idol for the first time this past Tuesday night. How dreadful, Simon was so bored/boring (as were the performances) I couldn't stand to keep it on to see the their second songs. The X Factor will be fun, I'm looking forward to that. I'll never forget his shocked expression when Susan Boyle opened her mouth for the first time on that show.

May 20, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  151. stacyz

It became boring because the results are obviously fixed. Regardless, you will be missed.

May 20, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Biffy Boff

Simon, if you think it was boring from your side, you should have felt that agony from the audience perspective! IDOL is winding down, it needs to be revamped completely or retired gracefully. The producers are too money hungry to do that however, and there will always be a core audience that have no discerning ability to allow it to die peacefully. Can't wait to see X-Factor.;.. there are such fantastically talented people over teh age of 30, it's always been a shame to disgregard them.

June 1, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |