May 19th, 2010

Robert Pattinson loses the hair he's known for

Robert Pattinson, renowned for having a nice healthy head of suggestively messy hair, has lopped most of his long locks off.

Pattinson revealed this new look on “Ellen” Wednesday, and told host Ellen DeGeneres the reason for the cut was because he'd had a terrible infestation of nits (lice, to us Americans) and he had to shave it all off.

Oh, ha, just kidding. There’s that Pattinson humor again (need we remind you of the “I hate vaginas” quote?).

It's an issue the 24-year-old actor is aware of; he admitted to DeGeneres that he has trouble pausing to consider his words before unleashing them.

The reason he likes acting is because he likes “doing things where you have a little time to think about what you’re saying," he said. "I’ve always had a problem with actually thinking before I open my mouth." Actually, he went on, “I have a problem with thinking…[just] thinking in real time.”

The three-days-old haircut really came about because Pattinson will start shooting a new movie on Thursday in Los Angeles, based on the book “Water for Elephants,” which also stars Reese Witherspoon.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Robert Pattinson • Twilight

1. Kimberley

@Vicki Just because something is POPULAR, that doesn't necessarily make it GOOD. And believing that something popular is NOT good doesn't necessarily make that someone an "OLD SCHOOL BURN OUT", it just makes them an individual who thinks for themselves! =/

May 20, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Greg

Who is this guy anyway? Barf to all teenie vampire lovers

May 20, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Txgator

Who cares. A depressing guy who cant act and has long hair is now a depressing guy who cant act with short hair....STOP THE PRESSES

May 20, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. talli

he's a cool kid, I saw him over the summer in manhattan shooting Remember Me. But honestly, Twilight is garbage. The acting in it is garbage. The plots are cliche. I'm glad he's making interesting movies like Water for Elephants, that will hopefully improve his acting.

May 20, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. AGeek

holy waste of electrons, Batman!

May 20, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. DR SHRUBBERY

aw man. when i read "pattinson loses hair" i thought it meant he had cancer.

May 20, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. poppy

Vicki: Popularity doesn't equal good or cool. "Getting with the program" means following the crowd. Is that really the way you want to live your life? If you really like the movie, that's great; but if you only like it because it's popular, then that's not very cool.

May 20, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. lauratj

Hair defines who we are ????

May 20, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  9. Starhanger

Ok how about this....take Rob for now, let Taylor grow up a bit more then split your time between the two! BTW, I like the new haircut :)

May 20, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. You oughta know

I for one, LOVE the twilight series, books & movies, but I also love the Beatles, Avatar, Star Wars & all the rest of it. Some people are so shallow lol.

May 20, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Vicki

Give me a break, Sabrina! You absolutely have NO clue on the popularity of this movie. You AND your daughters need to get with the program.

You are nothing but an OLD SCHOOL BURN OUT who is inflicting it on her children, to where they are missing out on what is FUN.

May 20, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sabrina

OMG WHO CARES?? Oh wait people do care, how pathedic. Vampires do not sparkle!!! This whole twilight craze is a sad reminder of our youth today. My girls that are way cool at 19 and 12, can't stand the twilight nonsence, my kids rather rock out to the Beatles! Avatar, Star wars, LOTR thats our style lol

May 20, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  13. Don

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

May 19, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tammy

I keep wondering when he's going to just come out the closet. He's so gay...it's written all over him. Now whether that, or that he got his hair cut, is worthy of making the "news," is the real debate. PLEASE!

May 19, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Calli

I love him short hair or long hair. This was not my favorite interview though. For one thing it was way too short. Last year's interview that focused solely on Rob was far better. For another Ellen kept stepping on his words. He is always nice to see though and I look forward to what ever outrageous thing comes out of his mouth. I love that he doesn't take it all too seriously. In fact, he is a well read, intelligent guy no matter what he says about his ability to think before he speaks.

May 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jackie

he still the hottest man out there. plus he only cut his hair for water for elephants. which is going to be an amazing movie.

May 19, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nathalie

OMFG did you hear???? Rpattz ate a hamburger WITH ketchup!!!! Oooooh!! Kstew bought a new pair of LEOPARD PRINT shoes!!!!

....seriously, people. this is getting ridiculous.

May 19, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. G

An article about a haircut. Seriously?

May 19, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JLP in Hawaii

Oh great! CNN, don't forget to write a new article when he gets a pimple on his face...

May 19, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Vicki

Taylor is cute, but he is just a baby play toy in comparison to Rob Pattison.

And in my own opinion, there is just no comparison.

Rob, you look beautiful with your hair cut. Long or short, you are no child. You are one beautifully classy guy.

May 19, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mushymushroom

He really has a resemblance with Ed Westwick... and both are really hot! :)

May 19, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Rachel B

I wouldn't care if this guy were bald. He is gorgeous, no matter how his hair looks. Those eyes of his, alone, can bring you to your knees.

Rob Pattison... you are absolutely stunning. I'd give up my entire well to do and very satisfying lifestyle, just to stare in your eyes for one week straight. ;)

May 19, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. SATX

Good one, Lanie. :)

He's so yummy though – short hair, long hair, no hair – who freakin' cares.

May 19, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. WiseraAngel

I love that he's unfiltered. I find it amusing.

May 19, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Elswet

I wonder if he'll bother washing his scalp, now?

May 19, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sunnyday10

Rob who? he's still just as ugly. Taylor Lautner rocks!

May 19, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jennifer

Can someone please tell me why Robert Pattinson's hair is important enough to make CNN... Entertainment section or not!

May 19, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Taylor

I still think Taylor Lautner is BETTER looking.. haha :)

May 19, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Taylor

I think he is good looking regardless of his hair.. I think a good looking man is good looking regardless of the hair.. its whats underneath it..lol

May 19, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bethanne

robert ; really love the hair cut maybe people will back off and give you some peace

May 19, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. heide

SHORT OR LONG HAIR.UR STILL THE MOST HANDSOME MAN ALIVE ON EARTH..MOST OF ALL UR THE BEST ACTOR.GOODLUCK ROB..

May 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MARTA

I don't care about his hair... even though I love it! I'm just in love with him! I love his personality (or what he shows in interviews)... and those eyes, that mouth!!!!! MMMMM MMMM!!!!! Me LOVE HIM!!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Evelyn

I am a litte disappointed that he cut all his hair off because it's gorgeous, but he still is beautiful to me regardless and it will grow back. This isn't the first time he's done it. Love ya Rob!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ellen

Aw, I love him. He doesn't take himself nearly as seriously as the news media seems to.

May 19, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rebecca

Love the new hair, but I find it funny that so many websites are talking about the 'news'! Gee, I got my hair cut just a few months back and no one talked about it that much... I wonder why?! lol

May 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Go Sharks!

Aw, man. I love his hair.

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lanie

OMG. Someone in Hollywood got a haircut! How am I ever going to sleep at night....

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |