May 19th, 2010

Didn't we call it when it came to the 'Idol' Top 2?

testing captions
testing captions

Is there anyone out there who doubted the outcome?

Even MamaSox says she has a crush on Casey and she's not alone. Mr. James was certainly nice to look at, and I enjoyed quite a few of his performances. He should be proud.

Now that we know for sure  who will be in the finale, are they evenly matched?

Head on over to iReport and upload videos of your questions for Casey James.

« Previous entry
  1. jim

After the above comment I decided to put my own final together.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoVUwEEgQiI&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8r4MFmMxwo&w=640&h=390]

May 22, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. jim

Comparing Crystals rendition of People Get Ready to Lee's Hallelujah I think the only logical choice and clear winner would be Crystal. They are two Inspirational songs meant to appeal to a persons emotions. I wish they would have song these on the same night so people would have a apples to apples comparison instead of letting the judges direct the results a this late stage of the game.

May 22, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. jim

For those who are wondering who to vote for in the finals, check out this video of Crystal at 13 years of age before casting your vote.

Go Crystal!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFaAbWOT8rw&w=640&h=390]

May 22, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. fanofcasey

For all of you who say Casey cannot sing...look him up on YouTube and then you'll be singing a different song. He is amazing. He simply did not fit in with the crappy weekly themes/song choices that gave him! AI sucks!

May 21, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fanofcasey

I agree with Robin...the judges got what they wanted...which was not the best artist! They are WRONG!! Crystal screeches and sounds like crap and Lee is boring!! Whatever AI! It's so obvious Casey was sabotaged Tuesday night! Can you say fixed??

May 21, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fanofcasey

Well you called it WRONG! Casey James is so much better than either of the final 2! Listen to him on YouTube! If he could have played music that he is passionate about he's have won this thing no doubt! AI sucks! they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground! Casey will go on to be an awesome artist and everyone who was hating on him will look like fools! I hate this show! No wonder I've never watched it prior to this Season (which was only due to Casey!) So long AI...may you rest in peace!

May 21, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lionel

I don't think there are any losers once you get down to the the final 4. Being voted number 1 is only a means to wrapping up the show.

May 21, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. b unit

I didn't think Crystal's songs were great this week. Kind of boring.

May 21, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. Robin

I am a fan of Casey's. He is a great human being. Very genuine and down to earth. I voted each week for him. The judges got who they wanted in the final two. Randy and Kara picked a song for Casey to sing that did nothing to showcase his talents however they picked great songs for Crystal and Lee.

Lee can sing but he is not a performer. He is boring. Crystal is very talented but she isn't a main stream performer.

I know this Casey fan will not be voting next week . Not really interested in either of the remaining two.

May 21, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. bigtom

As a gay man, I would have wanted Casey James to win. As a gay man, I would want Casey James., but then again so would everyone else: YUM!

May 21, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lori

I agree with the final two. The Judges talked Lee up because Lee is great! Some of these posts say the judges rigged it well they are professionals and ofcourse they are going to guide us where the money is. Isn't that really the reason for this show; for the contestant that normally would not be heard to get a chance and the judges to make money? To be brutally honest he should win because she is just an eyesore. Part of being famous is being gorgeous as well and if you argue that you are in denial. She needs to go next week; good run but needs to go whiten her teeth and comb her hair and try again. Sorry folks!!!! :)

May 21, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jack

Lee and Crystal are equally great singers. They both have their dull moments also, but hands down, Lee should win. He will sell the records to a broader group of people. Crystal will sell records to the "Janis Joplin" fan group type. GO LEE!!!

May 21, 2010 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. Fuzzbee in LA

In the real world, Crystal wins this match-up 10 out of 10 times. Lee has been blatantly hyped by the judges, but has very little to set him apart from thousands of other singers. He's not in her league. She sings better, commands the stage better, she's more interesting, funkier, plays better, looks better, has more star power and far more range, soul, personality, intelligence and depth than Lee.

Lee hasn't managed to utter an interesting sentence all season – he's as dull as a bag of rocks.

American Idol got it wrong last year – this would be far worse!

May 21, 2010 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. mccormmr22

Does it even matter. The only 2 idols you really hear about are Underwood & Clarkson. All the rest were used up and dropped by there labels, this years winner will be no different.

May 21, 2010 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Katy7540

I learned today that on vote night, at the last minute, with no rehearsal or practice, they made Casey change the song he chose to sing to sing "Ok, Its Alright.". My question for Casey is what song did you choose?

May 21, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  16. Adam

I could have (and did) predict Lee and Crystal as the final two. They both can sing very well and have that musical ability. I'm really surprised that Casey made it as far as he did, I imagine a lot of teen girls were texting in his vote until their little thumbs were bleeding.

Crystal is a talented musician but has already hit the wall, and things are sounding the same. She really needs to pick a well known song, change a few minor things (not too much) if she wants to win. I don't see her as the type of girl who will be heartbroken if she loses, because she is staying true to herself, and she knows that she will be making a record win or lose.

Lee is really thriving right now, in my opinion. I believe a lot of Casey's votes will go in favor of Lee as well. (all of those teenage girls)
    I do think Lee will pull this one out, but I was pulling for Adam last year, David Cook the year before, and Daughtry the other season, so I could be wrong. I got one right!
    I just hope that Lee didn't peak already with Simon's selection of "Hallelujah", which was really good...escially compared to Crystal's lackluster performance on both songs this week.

Go Lee!

May 21, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. JJJ

American Idol is rigged? and millions of phone votes are untrue? Some people dun know what they are talking abt. These two deserve to be in the final.... the votes were spot on all season. The judges only gave their opinions, people decides. Its democracy....

The only let down was the song choice by the judges to Casey...a john mayor song?? pls..... (this is the only point i will concede to 'judges manipulation', bad choice by Kara/randy)

BTW, Crystal "should' win this, finger cross.

May 21, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sherri

Don't feel special. Pretty much everyone predicted this outcome. ....and yes Karen, you're right. David Cook was recently in Africa doing humanitarian deeds,; he's also had an album go double platinum, I believe. And I think Allen was there in Africa, too. Don't know how his music is doing because I don't follow him as much, though. Then of course, there's Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry. Some posters really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

May 21, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. KAREN

DAVID COOK FORGOTTEN HARDLY KRIS ALLEN HARDLY THEY JUST DO THINGS THAT AREN'T PUBLICIZED. GOOD THINGS!! THEY ARE WHAT IDOL IS ALL ABOUT. GOOD GUYS DOING GOOD THINGS. AND THEY BOTH ARE WONDERFUL PERFORMERS. IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO ONE OF THEIR CONCERTS MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY IT. THEY ARE BOTH AWESOME. LEE IS AN IDOL!!!

May 21, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  20. KT

Good luck to both Crystal and Lee. They deserve to be the top two idols. Casey is good, just not as good as Crystal or Lee. He will go far with his personality and good looks.

May 20, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. iamafever

Overall the worst Idol season yet, but I think that's been said already.

Lee is finally coming into bloom and it's great that he has a shot at the win. I've liked him all along.

Casey should have been gone a month and a half ago. 'Bout time!!!!

Either way, I'm just glad it's soon over.
    What a tremendous waste of airtime this season has been.

May 20, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. AceLooker

I predict that at least 50% of the people making predictions are going to be correct! As for me, I will wait until the results show.

May 20, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. hopester

it's crystal-clear who will be the idol this year isn't it?

May 20, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. connie

Why does everyone think Clay Aiken can sing, all he does is scream off key. I can't get the picture of him on the internet trying to hook up with a guy and that pathitic picture of him and his "child" on the cover of People. Clay tried to sell that picture and story to a lot of magazines, but People was the only one interested and it was their worst selling issue. Who would buy a Clay Aiken album, he's beyond creepy.

May 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Rizzo

what Crystal has is very magical almost spiritual
    . her voice and delivery of each song gives us temporary
    freedom from the Mechanical world,politics, hate and stress

May 20, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ellis Island

The real artist is Crystal, but I agree lee has made significant strides and is very impressive. However, Crystal had less of a hill to climb since she has had "it" the entire season. but good for Lee. Who cares who wins? They both will do just swell!!

May 20, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Melanie

Crystal reminds me of Eva Cassidy. There is no greater compliment.

May 20, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jenna

Would anyone, except for little girls in training bras, go to see Lee in concert? He's boring. He may be a really nice, charismatic guy with friends and family, but it doesn't translate well on stage. If you asked him his name, he would stutter, uh, duh, you know, like for a minute before he could answer.

May 20, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jenna

On the eighth day God created Crystal Bowersox. What a gift she has!
    Lee sings well enough and I loved their duet together. He probably will win because of the teeny bopper vote. He does have beautiful eyes. That's the most important thing, right?

May 20, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Buck12

Crystal won't win, she's too different from what Americans prefer for a pop artist, much like what happened last year with Adam Lambert.

May 20, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kopana

Just for the record, Cystal is the most talented musican among them...Lee is just average for me...but when she spoke up and defend her craft and criticized Simon then it was all over for her and the judges then turn to promote LEE so keeping with their AL tradition the 2nd one except for david cook is usually the one with the most talent.

May 20, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ML

Crystal deserves to win. She has been the most consistent of all of the contestants. She has had the most oustanding performances of all the contestants. Go to YouTube and look at all of her AI performances and then look at Lee's. While you are there look/listen to Crystal's other performances, such as "Farmers Daughter" and "Holy Toledo", which she wrote. Crystal is a very talented person and could have won any of the previous years. You can't blame her for the shows judges, the song choices, the format or declining popularity.

May 20, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. morgans

They could have this show done in two minutes, but there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fluff. Ford this, Coke this.........i turned it on for the first time since week one and there it was..a chessy ford commercial for a ford/idol car....pathetic. Atleast Simon knew when to leave the show.......i give the show one more year.

May 20, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  34. n56

Yeah, Crystal and Casey..........that would be awesome. I agree she must do something with that hair! I really do like her though. I really like Lee, too!

May 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jim

I'm voting for Crystal...Watch American Idol

May 20, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sandy

Lee will win and go on to a mediocre (at best) career. Nice guy, but kinda boring. I mean, really...who can't make Halleluiah sound good – especially with a chior? Crystal and Casey will both have success, although I doubt either will be able to fill a stadium. What would be cool is if the two musicians, Casey and Crystal, formed a band (like Lady Antebellum except soul/rock) and blew it out of the water. With Casey on guitar/vocals and Crystal doing the same and both writing some great songs....they would be unstoppable.

May 20, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Camber Blonson

I don't consider having a flattened gerbil under your chin to be good looking.

May 20, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Fred

Crystals a more-authentic musician, but Lee has the total package–voice & looks. Oughtta be interesting!

May 20, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Louise

This whole season has been a dud, rarely entertaining, and often annoying. It is so obvious that the show is promoting Lee who is only average at most. He should have sung Hallelujia without a backup chorus as Casey and Crystal performed their pieces. Seacrest has been so obnoxious and annoying this season – I do not understand his popularity. I wish Simon would stay and Kara would go. She has become as annoying as Seacrest. Randy needs to expand the reach of his critiques. I know a lot of people don't like Ellen but honestly she is usually as perceptive or more than the so-call "musical experts."

May 20, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Shaman

Darn it, CNN, why doesn't your silly censorship program here tell us which words it questions? When people are writing words that are normal in English usage, no swear words, nothing derogatory, you still don't allow them and we don't know why.

May 20, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Shaman

I think everybody can see what the judges have done to promote Lee in the past few weeks, right down to picking the worst song for Casey to sing. His personal choice wasn't any better, but they should have given him something to make him shine in his strongest area, and they didn't because they already know who they want to win.

May 20, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shaman

Joni – thanks. From the auditions, I picked these final three to be the final three. Each year I can see who will be in the finals from their auditions and I haven't been wrong, yet. The key is figuring out who the judges will pump up or put down. I was so disgusted after last year's results (even though Kris Allen has a nice voice), that this year I didn't vote until last week. I didn't want to get emotionally involved in it.

May 20, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Barb

I just adore Crystal. She's got guts not conforming to the "Idol" cookie cutter mill and the rest of Hollywood fake, plastic, skin and bone studio formed voices. She's a breath of fresh air in my eyes and ears.
    You go Crystal.

May 20, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mazzi

@Jatelle

You state that: Ruben Studdard (season 2) and Fantasia (season 3) have each sold over 2 million albums and have had numerous R&B hits, along with successful Broadway runs.

Here's a fact for you.

The Return
    * Released: October 17, 2006
    U.S. sales: 238,000

Love Is
    * Released: May 19, 2009
    U.S. sales: 44,000

Do you see a pattern? I do...spiraling downward. Ruben Studdard was not the best singer that year. He wanted an easy way to fame and once he got it, he didn't want to work hard to keep it.

May 20, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. PeteColumbusOhio

Everyone should record the finale because it's all downhill after Simon leaves!

May 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Victor

I just don't see Lee as any challenge for Crystal. Then again, no one on this season was a real challenge for her. This finale should be very predictable.

May 20, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jaime Greer

Good to see a new hippie like Crystal make a stand! Joplin would have dug her.

May 20, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  48. pjl

Whoever comes in second gets the better deal I think. At least they can get on with their career and not be tied to AI for a year. Just look at Adam Lambert who came in 2nd and the guy who came in 1st (what's his name?)...

May 20, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  49. krubby

I agree 100% Jerry. she should (*and will....) win

her fan base is much deeper than I bet folks know. Lee may of gained some steam the last few weeks with the gimmie songs and stage they gave him, but crystal has many more fans, they just are not as loud since they are more than high pitched 13 year old girls

May 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jerry

Crystal has been the best since day one. She not only can sing, but she's beautiful as well. I too think she's "Way too good for Idol".

May 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  51. krubby

when has crystal been in the bottom three? the last two weeks they have never noted who ended up in what order. how is that so hard to understand? Lee might of been in the bottom last week for all we know

May 20, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Diane

Lee has not been on the bottom three... Casey and Crystal have so we will just have to wait. I gotta get my voting on next week. I got my cell and my home phone ready LOL!!!!! =)

May 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Marj

I have been a Crystal Bowersox fan since her audition...and I told my friend during Hollywood week that Cyrstal would be in the final two. About six weeks ago I knew Lee would be in the top two. But got to admit after Lee's Hallelujah I have switched and I think Lee will win. Lee is so likeable, he is humble, sweet, shy and a GREAT singer. Sorry mamasox, think Lee has you on beat. Crystal will have an AMAZING career I am sure, but the next American Idol will be Lee Dewyze.

May 20, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dave in Connecticut

Yes, they are evenly matched. I can imagine either of them on the radio. Artistically, I have to give the edge to Crystal as she has the most original approach to the arrangement of songs. Lee will do fine, he will never be a paint store attendant again. And Kara will write some songs for Casey and personally tutor him.

May 20, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Julie

Neither of them should be in the final 2. Crystal has a connection to the music, but her voice really isn't that good! She's ok on the softer tones, but she has a really harsh edge to her voice. I don't enjoy listening to her sing. Lee is completely boring. I can't believe he got this far. Siobhan should be standing up there today. There wasn't even a second final contestant for me. Siobhan is the only one who was winner material. Why? Because you couldn't wait for her performances. Voice like honey and a beautiful presence, always with a connection to the song. Magnificent singer. Way too good for Idol.

May 20, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Didi

Thank god I only have to look at that dumb blank stare on Lee's face after he sings for one more week!

May 20, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Just A Thought

As I said before – Lee chose to have the chior!! It was his choice! Not Simons or the Producers! Get real folks!

@ Ben – Randy said he picked the song he should be singing for his career! That does not show anything other than his opinion of what he thought Casey should be singing as a genre after the show is over!

btw – Many folks knew Casey was gone after that performance! We didn't need any crystal ball to see that! Most people thought he should have been gone sooner!

May 20, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Katzz

This season of AI was boring with non-talented people. That said, I hope Lee wins; I hate the way Crystal holds her mouth win she sings.

May 20, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  59. MT

I dont think any of the final three would have made the top 10 last year.

May 20, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Keith-M

Its all George Bush's fault...

May 20, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  61. warren

Yea, ur correct. Bring Paula back with billions of dollars. She, Randy and may be Madonna can be judges. Those two ladies and Ryan Seacreast bringing this program down. Hey may be Glenn Beck and Rush Limbugh can be judges. Just a thought.

May 20, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. tom bing

I agree with hateamrican idol 100%

May 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  63. hateamerican idol

Crystal will be the american Idol. Please bring back Paula and fire Seacreast and Degeneras. No wonder ratings are down.

May 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  64. cacmacac

I don't believe AI is rigged. I think it gives outstanding support and opportunity to young performers. It's true that many of us disagree with the judges at times (except, for me, Simon who is the truth-speaker) but it's important to remember that these contestants get incredible exposure as well as the chance to tour with Idol. That is better than a kick in the backside any day. They are all winners.

May 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Hayden

I didn't really care for the talent this season in comparison to seasons past. Lee has improved as weeks went on, and I really like the tone & rasp of his voice. His style is very popular right now, and I think he has great potential at being very successful. On the otherhand, Crystal has a unique musical style unlike AI has had before. They both do a good job, and I wish them both the best of luck!

May 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  66. deb

Lee has a nice voice and is a cutie but he needs to work on pitch. He's cannot carry a tune! Crystal is clearly the most talented of the two and deserves to win.

May 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Ross

Lee is average at BEST. momasux is a bit better – but nothinh great.

Casey was screwed by the judges – blew his confidence. Simon is a total A$$

May 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Diane

Crystal will be come the American Idol, Lee is a great singer and I see them doing an Album together, either way the both will have a Record Deal.

May 20, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ben

This is my last season of watching IDOL after watching all of them. I definitely believe it is fixed. Randy's comment after Casey James's performance of "Daughters" said it all. Randy said that they picked the song with his career "after he's left the show" in mind. That shows, he knew Casey was going to be outstead the next day and make it a Lee and Cystal show down.

Not to mention that Casey and Crystal had very sleepy performances while Lee performed with a heavenly choir behind him. All that was missing was someone putting a cape around him crowning him "James Brown" style - the King of Idol, which is is far from. Lee will turn out to be yet another boring Idol in the vein of Kris Allen and David Archuletta and the banished Idol, Taylor Hicks.

May 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  70. KR

I swore I would not watch again after last years win by Kris over Adam... AI is fixed and it is so apparant from watching th PIMP of Lee by Simon and the Producers. you don't think we can see what you are doing?

Bunch of BS is ya ask me.

Lee is SO pitchy and they never ever ever call him on it.
    Bowersox has a nice tone to her voice but the 60s are gona and not coming back. She is a little out there in left diva field.

SO bye bye AI

I know Casey and that is the only reason I watched this year.
    This Casey fan will not be watching anymore let alone voting.

May 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  71. a.kings

omg!! well im rooting for both of them, the two of them have an incredible voice such a great prosonality so either one will make me happy

May 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. LoriP

Crystal has been the most consistent performer there all season!!! She has been getting my votes and will continue to get them! I like Lee and can think of no one else that belongs in the final two with her! But I'm pulling for her...we need another woman to win and she really is the better of the two!

May 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Just A Thought

What difference would it make if AI shows you the numbers?? You'd still say it was fixed if your favorite didn't win! Adam didn't win cause America didn't think he was the best – PERIOD! AI could have showed you Kris with 20 million votes and Adam with 15, and folks would still say it's fixed! Get over it, your guy/girl lost...doesn't mean they were not good, just not AMERICA's favorite!

btw – Lee chose to have the choir, not Simon! It was/is and always has been the singers choice of how they arrange thier songs!

May 20, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. kevin

Lee will win get his boring AI contract and Crystal will go on to bigger and better things. I am sensing a trend in Idol where the real talent is the runner up, leaving them available for a genuine contract that will allow there true artist to emerge,, leaving the "winner" with the Idol'ized contract but no real personality.
    Crystal will be the one to go on to success and true artistic expression but she has to lose next week to do it.

May 20, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jatelle

@LindaT, May 20th, 2010 12:23 pm ET

Taylor Hicks vocal skills were praised by all 3 judges as well as mentors Andrea Bocelli, Barry Manilow, and Rod Stewart. Please explain to me how you are better qualified to judge his singing skills over those experts, not to mention the millions of people that voted him the winner?

I also find it funny that people say Taylor Hicks is "forgotten" when his name comes up more than the last 3 winners combined. The folks at American Idol and the media set him up to be the Ai whipping boy and most people are gullible enough to follow along in lock-step.

Win or lose, I hope Bowersox co-headlines with Taylor someday. That would be an American Idol tour for grown-ups.

May 20, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Just A Thought

@ AZ85003 – You must have missed the BIG BOLD SPOILER ALERT huh!! Looks like this SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

Why would you read a blog on a show that obviously talks about the outcome when you havent even seen it yet??? WOW, no further comment needed!

May 20, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Just A Thought

@ grammerarian – Seriously!! This from the person who can't even spell his own logon name! How dumb are you? The word is GRAMMARIAN!

btw – this is a blog, not english class! Maybe you can try texttalk.com for some help getting up to date!

May 20, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Stephen

hopefully Siobhan will still get a record deal last night was predictable

May 20, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Rita

All three are great musicians. The reason why Lee is being favored is because he is better. Not just the quality of his voice, but the heart he put in each and every one of his performances. There was not a single performance from Lee, think about it, not even one, that was even a little superficial, you could see and hear his heart and his soul, it was right there in his voice and his eyes, so sincere and innocent to the point of heartbreaking. That is a true artist, someone who has not been taught to do any of this but can move audiences. Crystal and Casey are absolutely awesome, but did you feel emotion in each of their performances? Maybe a couple... I would even say Casey was more sincere than Crystal. With all of her unquestionable talent I feel she never opened her heart to us at all.

May 20, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. moon627

Yay !!! America finally got it right !!! Thank you America

All the years ive been watching ive hated the Top 4 , 3, 2 ... this time i was happy with Mike, Casey, Crystal and Lee :)

Everyone knew from the start that Crystal was a super talent and would go all the way ... but Lee was a nice surprise

May 20, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Linda

Overall, this has been a season that has not delivered the talent like past seasons.

If Crystal wins, please, please someone tell her to get a more professional hairstyle. If she were singing hard rock it would fit in. But it does not match the music she sings.

Sorry, but appearances do matter.

May 20, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  82. RR3

"Time.com" raised a good point on this boring American Idol season...
    On this year winner, no one has the vocal quality, stage presence and fan base to become a success like some other winners have become
    Last year season 8, produced "4"...relevant recording artists...with a possible 5th...(Desai)...
    Also the Adam Lambert effect, was to difficult to bare for this year's contestants...a drop of 47% in voting is quite substantial...
    Changes are required...to prevent further drop on popularity

May 20, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  83. krubby

BTW Will you be picking on everyone that has spelling or grammer issues or just those you don't agree with? If you are really worried about poor grammer then please post a like comment for everyone with issues, otherwise it comes across as a way to just pick on one person because you can't come up with anything else.

May 20, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  84. krubby

who cares about proper English/spelling in the comments section on an entertainment blog. geez....

However, ananik and silivia if you are ging to be a critic perhaps you both should not turn around and also have grammer issues in your very own posts! I love how you rag someone on their grammer and then turn around and posts comments that are not even complete sentences or gramatically correct either. how funny.

May 20, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  85. silvia

Michelle, check your grammer.
    "Sox should have gone home last night" not "Sox should have went home"

By the way America got it right.
    Good luck to both Lee and Crystal.

May 20, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  86. ananik

Should have GONE home, not should have WENT home....English class anyone??...And, no, Crystal should NOT have gone home..She's the best!!...

May 20, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Sadie

@austin- so every female singer needs to look absolutely perfect?

how DARE she look unique. lol.

i like her better than that goofy taylor swift creature. at least she looks like a real person and not a manufactured product.

May 20, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Bob

This show is about talent not looks. Casey has a great voice but he has zero stage presence, if he would just watch some entertainers and how they move on stage he would improve. All Casey did was stand still, play his guitar and smile with little motion to the song. Lee was way behind Crystal but someone taught him about stage present and how to move what a difference. Crystal can win but she should watch Lee's last 4 songs and pay attention to his movements. Crystal needs a little more stage presence but they are both great. I would love to see the judges get a percent of the vote along with the public.

May 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  89. cko20

America finally got it right. Casey should have gone home a long time ago.

Lee surprised me in the last few weeks. I didn't think he'd make it, but he's grown on me and I was so happy for him last night.

Mama Sox is my girl, and I think she's gonna take it, but it's a good match up.

Congratulations to both Lee and Crystal! You're both winners in my book.

May 20, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  90. ALG373

you are WRONG Michele...the only true final 2 should be Lee and Crystal....America got it totally right!!

May 20, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Beth

I have always thought that the votes were fixed on American Idol...how on earth did Kris win over Adam last year...I mean there was no comparison in who was the best singer! ADAM ROCKS!!!! When Ryan announces the total of voters...this really is incorrect because they allow (and shouldn't) each phone to send numerous votes...I think each number should only be allowed one vote...thus the count would be fair.

May 20, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. austin

if that chick wins she is going to need a crap ton of makeovers just to be made decent looking...i guarantee she smokes pot daily i mean come on cut your damn hair or at least wash it man she is just nasty looking...hope that guy wins....whoever he is

May 20, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Weasel

They all but awarded it to Lee a few weeks ago. Simon has decided that Lee was his pick and served up such a sweet song (Hallelujah) that would be nigh impossible to not make an impact with. Cripes, even Tim Urban's version of that song was OK a few weeks before. Casey, though not deserving to win, got shafted with the judges pick of "Daughters".

May 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Seattle

Why can't we ever see the bid results?

It's funny how A.I. brags about the 46 million votes but do they realize its not 46 million people watching and voting – its really 46 people voting 1 million times each.

May 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Sadie

waaah, the contestant i liked best got kicked off. that must mean it's rigged.

really, now.

May 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  96. carolyn

I do not understand all the nasty remarks made about Crystal's appearance......you must remember from all the background we have on her,,,she had no female influence when growing up since her Mama decided to take off when she was young. I also believe it has been repeatedly brought to everyone's attention that Crystal has diabetes, type 1, which means she had the onset of this early in life and it is a "silent killer" if not properly treated. I think Crystal and Lee both have good talent and singing ability in their own style. As for complaining anout her hair, if she is comfortable what difference does it make. Her career will depend on CDs available and public performances but the public performances will not always be out there for the fans.

So back off, these comments border on unncessary cruelness to someone that you are judging only by the cover...as Paul Havey always said we do not have the rest of the story.

P.S. I do believe that Casey was set up not to win.....for those of you who have not looked at the interview with Aaron you might want to look at this because it will give you a clearer picture of "behind the scenes at AI"

May 20, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Ellen

From day one, I knew that Crystal was going to be in the final two. I believe that she should absolutely win! She has something that none of the others have....a uniqueness!. She will make it big whether she wins or not. She will be an overnight sensation! I love that natural touch of Janis Joplin!

May 20, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Louise Edwards

I really like Casey. He is by far the bext musician EVER on Idol. That duet with Big Mike just put to shame Big Mike's guitar abilities.

I like both contestants that are left. Crystal has a beautiful voice in the low registers (like when she started Maybe I'm Amazed) but she does not sound good in the high ranges – her screaming and raspiness is almost irritating. Lee has a great range, and he blew me away with Hallelujah, even though I am tired of this song.

My top three were Lee, Casey, and Katie. But I like Crystal too. I had hoped Casey would stay on for the finals, but I foresee a Daughtry-like future for him.

I'll be happy with whomever, but I will vote for the second time this season (voted for Katie once) and my vote will be for Lee.

May 20, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Linda T

To Jeff P: If you think Taylor Hicks can sing, then you must have an inner ear problem. That show was surely set up! As for this Season, I think the best by far have been Crystal and Casey for singing and all around talent, regardless of what the judges have been promoting. Haven't trusted their judgement (except for Simon's) since Clay Aiken didn't win. Now that it's out of Crystal and Lee, I hope Crystal gets so many votes that the judges can't vetoe it!!!

May 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  100. betty0723

I really liked Casey and wanted to see him and Crystal in the final, but Lee is a good singer too, best of luck to him and Crystal. I don't really care which one wins. I am sure they will have sucess and I'm sure Casey will too.

May 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Linda

I felt Crystal's- "Am I safe" comment a little much. Give me a break. I still liked Casey – but REALLY hopes Lee wins. Crystal has always made me think that she feels she's better than being on American Idol. I agree that the judges did a number on Siobhan and Casey's confidence. I have always thought that Lee should win it all!! GO LEE!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mary ann

Crystal is the winner!

May 20, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Mychaeltodd

America has spoken and picked the next idol.

May 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Elisabeth

Wow, so many judgemental people. I am all for being able to speak about what you like and don't like as far as music, vocals, and the like, but to trash people for their looks, and so called "lack of talent" when your the ones sitting on your asses with no record deal is kind of ironic. I love seeing the comments on how either one of the final two can't sing...you are obviously tone deaf, they are both very talented. Have your favorite, but don't hide behind a keyboard and call people that you don't even know names. Congrats to both the final two. They both deserve to be there.

May 20, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  105. John

This season has been weak to say the least. Lee has the personality of a napkin, and I don't get why the judges are drooling all over that. Crystal is by far vocally the superior one, and she's gained some pesonality over the recent weeks, but lately she hasn't really impressed performance-wise..I get it, she has that rebellious, harshness honesty that comes through in her song choices, but that card has been played all season. The judges seem as weak as the contestants, with Ellen mimicking everything Randy says...and Simon appears to be frustrated with the talent week after week. It doesn't matter who wins now, the show is a joke.

May 20, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Miss M

FINALLY a Finale that is as evenly matched. I am so sick of finales that have one person who clearly should NOT be there!!!! So happy the final two are Lee and Crystal. Lee is going to take it! :)

May 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Russ

Crystal is talented and was my first choice, but she sounds too much like the original artists and is a throwback to the 60's. In other words, she isn't original enough or today enough. Lee has kept improving and last night showed he can sing. His voice is also different and interesting. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think he should win. That doesn't mean he will actually have a career. He will be another singer on the scene. What he does after Idol will determine how far he will go. And compared to Adam last year, he doesn't compare.

May 20, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  108. Rick

Mamasox has been consistant and that is what it takes to be a good singer, lee has improved but is still pitchy, Casey, sucks to see you go, you had bad song choices and were dealt a bad hand by the judges for the song they chose for you..i am sure the last 3 will get a contract so nobody will really lose in that since.

GO MAMASOX, i love her voice , reminds me of janice Joplin so much, she can really sing , lee will be good with some more singing lessons i am sure they will both make lots of money

May 20, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  109. Rose

Lee will win!!

May 20, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  110. Sienna

@gse You are so wrong...and gullible. A few seasons ago, I was told by someone who works behind the scenes for Idol way early in the season who was fixed to win. I didn't believe them because it seemed to be an unlikely contestant (I honestly can't remember who it was right now–Hicks?) and it was so early in the season that there was NO WAY they could have know who the winner would be. Guess what? The judges pumped this person up when it was needed and they won the whole thing. I have zero doubt that this show is fixed. Have they ever released voting data?

May 20, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  111. Russ

When they give the results, you have to take it on faith that was the way people voted. You never get to see the numbers. Kind of reminds me of the election in Iran! When Kris won last year, I said it was fixed. Adam was by far the best artist in the group. I believe the producers were afraid of him winning because he is gay and controversial. They wanted a clean cut, All American, straight winner. In some people's minds, he did not fit. Listen to this American Idol. American is not what you believe it is. It has moved on. We are mature enough to accept anyone. Just give us the real winner and show us the numbers.

May 20, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  112. mainehunter

Siobhan is this years TRUE American Idol

May 20, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  113. vivian

I think Lee should go 4 it

May 20, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  114. Jill Trawick

Mike and Crystal are the two with natural talent. Lee and the blond guy should both be home. I liked the church singer too.

May 20, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  115. gse

Who was that Justin kid on Idol?

The kid jumped on the drums like he was auditioning for the Partridge Family remake.

May 20, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  116. AI235

wish casey stayed.... =( bring it on lee!!!!!! :) Those two have been my favorite from the start!

May 20, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  117. gse

I get so tired of everyone saying the show is "fixed". yawnnnn...

If your favorite doesn't win then they didn't get enough votes. Suck it up and move on.

May 20, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  118. Kenneth

Those last performances showed obvious rigging. Crystal was given a guy's song to sing to cause confusion, plus both she and Casey were all alone in their arrangements, yet Lee had this magnificent finale set up with backup singers and lots of fanfare. The fix was in.

May 20, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  119. Brian0901

Does it really matter who wins? They both will get signed regardless.

May 20, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  120. JCSF

These are the two best ones this season. I'm happy for either one who wins. but truely I want MamaSox to win.

May 20, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  121. CD33

GOOOOOO LEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

May 20, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  122. kat

you should know it was rigged when Randy chose that horrible song for Casey that even Simmon couldnt help himself and started laughing, and how they switched from Crystal to Lee, any way I like Lee better than Crystal and hope he wins BUT I bet u that Casey is the one that would make it in future not Crystal nor Lee!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  123. Sienna

Lee will win only because Idol is fixed.

May 20, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  124. Jatelle

@krubby May 20th 12:10 am ET

Perhaps because you only spend your time in top 40 land is the reason you are unaware of the careers the previous idols you mentioned have going on now. Ruben Studdard (season 2) and Fantasia (season 3) have each sold over 2 million albums and have had numerous R&B hits, along with successful Broadway runs. Taylor Hicks (season 5) a #1 Billboard hot 100 hit, and sold over 700,000 of his first album (despite almost no radio play). He also has a highly successful solo tour and Broadway run under his belt. At 310,000 and slowing down, it's looking like Kris Allen (season 8) isn't going to hit half of Hicks' debut album sales. I say this not to knock anyone, just to demonstrate that American Idol's ability to sell tons of records has been declining over the seasons and now is pretty much over. And don't judge their success by how much you hear them on the radio. That's pretty much decided between the record company and the radio stations, depending on who they want to promote. Don't believe me? Try calling up your local top 40 radio station and try requesting a song not on their playlist, and see what they tell you.

Unless American Idol can start acknowledging that there are other ways to define success in the music industry, such as concert tours and Broadway, they will make themselves totally irrelevant within 5 years. Despite their talent, I can't see either Bowersox or DeWyze ever going gold on their debut albums.

May 20, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  125. Postie2010

Bowersox will win if its about the voice.
    Sox has a much better singing voice than DeWyze.

May 20, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  126. Farideh Varoujian

Casey should have been one of the last two. Although Crystal is good - Casey is versatile - attractive - agood guitarest and exciting to hear - these make up the making of a successful performer.

May 20, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  127. AZ85003

CNN WHY DID YOU SPOIL THIS FOR ME, I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS YET. IT’S RECORDED ON DVR. TAKE THIS OFF YOUR MAIN PAGE – RUDENESS! >>>
    CNN WHY DID YOU SPOIL THIS FOR ME, I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS YET. IT’S RECORDED ON DVR. TAKE THIS OFF YOUR MAIN PAGE – RUDENESS!>>>

May 20, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  128. Maria

Why is everyone nit picking at Crystal. She is the best singer. These comments about her teeth, saying she has a crush on Casey, the way she hugged Lee are sickening. Did anyone make fun of Elliot Yamin while he was on Idol? His teeth were horrendous and even though he had them "fixed" he now looks like he has horse teeth in his mouth. My vote is for Crystal but if she doesn't win I think she will fare better than Lee. She won't be held to contracts. Lee is just like Kris Allen. Kris's claim to fame after winning AI is the Ford commercials. Lee's claim to fame will be probably be a commercial for Sherwin Williams!

May 20, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  129. Jan

Lee is the winner – period! I love Crystal but Lee is the new American Idol

May 20, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  130. Gail

I think Lee has it all. He is consistently good and I hope he wins.

May 20, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  131. Lala

i never thought blonde was that good...... i think the 2 who are in the final 2 are who should b there. although there are some who i thought should of stayed a lil longer and others who should of been booted early on.

May 20, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  132. Joni

Shaman- You are my new best buddy! I could not agree with you more. I've been saying the same thing. It is rigged toward Lee Dewyze winning (even though we all know in our hearts and ears that he is NOT the best one- actually far from it)! But, there's really nothing we can do about it now. The Paint Shop Boy will win it all because it's been set up that way.............Casey got gypped and so will Crystal (the most consistent contestant this season). It's really sad. So, I think I'm out for next year.

May 20, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  133. MJ

I hope Lee wins. I don't understand Crystal's appeal at all. Her schtick has gotten quite boring now. You can see the type of CD she'll put out ... every song sounds the same sung with her very limited range. When she tries to reach the high notes, she shouts. I thought she had potential in the beginning weeks, but for the last several weeks, she's been on a downhill slide. Whereas, Lee peaked at just the right time. Plus I think he's much more marketable than Crystal. Lee is getting my vote.

May 20, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  134. krubby

junebug,

wow how shallow can you be mentioning crystals teeth, a condition she has from her medical issues.

so it is all about looks eh? shallow shallow shallow...

May 20, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  135. kat

right on michele.......definately should of sent her ass home.then i would of agreed with the outcome.i wanted casey to win.but hes still the winner.he wasn`t even upset.so sweet and humble.now my vote will go to lee.very sad here but getting over it

May 20, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  136. jeb41

My last year to watch American Idol – the judges sway votes and the show has lots of imperfections in sound and production, voting procedures and entertainment quality. I really don't care who wins. Neither Lee or Crystal will sound very good on the radio.

May 20, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  137. Jules

I don't no why people are concerned with Krystals BF, even if she doesn't win she will still be somewhat famous or get a small record deal. She will get her teeth fixed and drop him in a second...sorry dude, but thats life.

May 20, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  138. Gregory A. Beamer

I watched a little early on. After watching, turned to my wife and said "Bowersox and Dewyze". None of the rest have talent enough to get all the way through. Did not watch again. How can a show be interesting when the outcome is so predictable from the start?

May 20, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  139. MuddyBuddy

Casey has no range whatsoever, he can sing okay in a narrow range, but its a singing contest. If I was pushing Casey, I would had make very sure he got some hot guitar solos because that is the only reason he had to be on the stage for the last 4 weeks. He is cute, but not that great a singer. They got the best of a very average bunch, not a one of them deserve to be in the same building as last years final two. Remember though, Adam was by far the better singer, entertainer etc last year almost every single night, and he still did not win.

Crystal was far and away the best singer over the whole course of the show, but Lee is coming on. I did not think his songs were as good as the judges but he may have beat Crystal on the first one. Crystal can also actually write songs, I would like to see that made part of the contest.

As for Crystal BF, he had better get down on his knee and marry the mother of his child while he still has a chance. He already is a bum for not offering marriage to a long term GF who had his baby, but if he doesn't tie the knot now he is just an idiot.

May 20, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  140. Sue

Some people are so obsessed with looks – they can't see the person .
    I believe that Crystal – when she makes it – will get a makeover . It takes money for those things, and she obviously doesn't come from money. She has a great personality – seems to be very kind and sincer. I hope she wins it.

May 20, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  141. msb

Both will be winners – both will get a new car – both will get recording contracts – how each of them handles all of this will determine how far they will go in show business – I just wish, even though she is BEING HERSELF, Crystal would surprise America and shampoo her hair and try to style it in a "cleaner" look!!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  142. Pat

CentralFLA,

Jennifer Hudson fell into a convienent role, not much of a stretch for her & was rewarded for that? One hit wonder to me. The rest of your comments were spot on!

Conspiracy doubters,

It's historic! Starting in season 1 with Tamayra not winning, season 2 with Clay not winning, Season 3 Latoya not winning...and so on, to last season Adam not winning. The best ones, for the most part, don't win. That's why Idol ratings are down. They lose more viewers than they gain each yr.

May 20, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  143. Marie

Lee reminds me of a young Springsteen.....he's been getting my votes all along. Crystal is good if you like her type of music; that's what it comes down to. She's good at what she does, but it's not my cup of tea. So for me, Lee all the way!!

May 20, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  144. Lubiana

Lee is adorable and I think he will win, but I agree that he isn't the best singer. Also the whole Hallelujah thing was such a huge and obvious attempt by the judges to pimp him and make everyone vote for him. But even so I still like him. However, I haven't voted for anyone since Taylor Hicks. No one else on Idol has ever made me want to vote for them. Still watch the show every season, just never vote. *shrugs*

May 20, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  145. junebugj

Should have GONE home, Michele, not went home.
    And I disagree. The top 2 are the top 2. Just hoping Lee will win. Can't look at Crystal's teeth any longer. ugh.

May 20, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  146. Sybaris

Right choices.

Casey did nothing special or innovative all season. His vibrato is annoying and the frequency makes him sound like a sheep. His main draw was his looks.

Lee will probably win. If he does it will be because there are more girls voting than boys. A Lee win will be like last years result...........the person with the most all around talent is runner-up.

May 20, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  147. Kathy

Mamasox rocks! She's going all the way!

May 20, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  148. SteveM

Crystal will win hands down. She's the best.

May 20, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  149. buffer

You dont know music if you think SOX should have gone home!!

May 20, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  150. jean2009

Go Crystal. Of course the 13 year old screaming teens speed dial, and they don't care if Lee can sign ...which he can't.

Who wins doesn't predict who will have the biggest career. Case in point Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry,and several others who didn't win.

May 20, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  151. OcalaBlue

The ABSOLUTE right choices were made last night!

Now... to start exercising my fingers for the dialing madness they're going to endure next week!! Woooo Hoooooo!!

May 20, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  152. Texas Tea

Knock it off everybody. I'm getting the giggles from all of these comments. tee-hee

May 20, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  153. DJ

YES – CRYSTAL ALL THE WAY.....

May 20, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  154. KC

I think all of the good singers in America have already tried out and moved on. This season was painful at best. Nobody stood out, nobody sang anything really spectacular (think Fantasia's Summertime or Lambert's Mad World) and it doesn't matter who wins. Neither will go on to have any kind of career. I can see Mamasox putting out a record and doing okay with it by those who are curious or want to support her, but Lee is just another decent raspy voice but nothing new or exciting. (I do think big Mike had the chops, but needed to find his audience.)

May 20, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  155. krubby

grammarian,

I could care less if my grammer and spelling is dead on honestly. This isn't a college exam, it is a blog about AI. who cares

in fact, check this out (kind of cool)

I cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht i was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

May 20, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  156. katelyn

american idol is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    justin beiber songs r awesome no your not dude dont lie hahahaha
    wow dont ask

May 20, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  157. krubby

after hearing how good the duet lee and crystal was last week maybe they should just decide to call it a tie and declare both of them idols as long as they agree to do all their albums together.

I think that is the best idea yet – that was in a way the best song for both of them of the season IMO

May 20, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  158. Jason

@Scott...Exactly...real artists for sophisticated listeners. I hope Crystal and Lee have great careers.

May 20, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  159. grammerarian

Good gracious, are all of you people illiterate? I don't think any of you have any concept of proper punctuation or spelling. It's embarrassing to read!

May 20, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  160. Judi

RE my last comment, before someone points it out–i meant soul!

May 20, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  161. Beth

Casey has the look but not the pipes to win a hugh talent show like American Idol. The judges picked such average talent for the final gorup...no one was exceptional! However...Crystal would be the best of the bunch. I never cared for Lee because he does not have any personality and is quite boring! This will be the last year of Idol...bring on Simon's new show!!!

May 20, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  162. Judi

Ok–for all those who think the top 2 suck–perhaps music is not the art where you should be focused. They BOTH have great voices, both rocker voices (perhaps that's the problem, maybe too many people don't like rock).
    Lee has a very marketable voice, as does Crystal. Does every person who sings hit EVERY SINGLE NOTE perfectly EVERY time? NO, and as a person who sings, it is not realistic to think they will.
    I have seen some "special guests" on idol that also don't hit every note (at least the ones who actually sing and not lip-sinc). So the bottom line is–BOTH will be sucessful...I care not who wins at this point, I will buy both albums (although, I will admit that Lee has that "sound" when he sings that gets into your sole).
    If you don't know music, don't look for imperfections where there are none.

May 20, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  163. Robin

Lee is going to win.. Hand down! I know it and he should. He is better than her.

May 20, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  164. centralFLA

Jennifer Hudson came in tenth, she was cast in Dreamgirls and acted her way to an Academy Award.
    Daughtry came in fifth, then he wrote the top selling album of 2007.
    The winners are often forgotten (Studdard, Hicks, Cook)

May 20, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  165. rsjacksonus

Casey is HORRIBLE. He should've left long ago after he murdered "Blue Skies". I may be from Texas but I know talent when I see it. He does not have it. His version of "Daughters" was boring. It was horrible.

As for Mama Sox or Lee. For once it really doesn't bother me who wins. Those two are a lot better than the two last year. Either one is great and they deserve to be there.

Go home Casey, and take Bieber with you!

May 20, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  166. donna

I have watched my last Idol. The judges skew the finals by giving the best song choice to whomever they wish to win. Also, it appeared that more events were planned for Crystal & Lee in and around their hometowns to ensure that they received more fan votes. I don't think either of the finalist will go far because they both have dud personalities and no charisma. This season has been the least exciting of all seasons.

May 20, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  167. Tami

With all your comments on the voting system, maybe it would be poetic justice - if you will - for Crystal to win next week. I wasn't originally sold on her until around the first of April when she started to stand out for me. I had at that point hoped for a Mike vs. Crystal finale, as I had been an early fan of Mike's. Lee....Lee who? I too didn't begin to even notice him until a couple of weeks ago, which is probably the point that the judges remembered he was in the contest as well. Relative to AI, I believe America has long ago begun to sense when there is a judges' manipulation being initiated. The tendency at that point is to vote against the contestant being "elevated" by them. We'll see if that ends up being the case next week. I'll probably be over AI myself after this season ends and Simon leaves, and will likely "follow" him to his new show "X-Factor". I've been reading about its format, and it sounds like a better, fresher show.

May 20, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  168. dingdong

And the winner is ............... LEE, Congrats Lee being a next Americal Idol.............. haahhahahha, what a contest it was

May 20, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  169. Phyl

Preidictable, yes. Next to go Crystal, with her fake"am I safe", wink wink. Lee all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  170. CAROLINE

IF YOU TURN THE SOUND UP HIGH WHEN WATCHING IDOL, YOU HEAR THE IMPERFECTIONS IN THE SINGERS VOICES. HAD LEE NOT HAD THE CHOIR DROWING HIM OUT THIS WEEK, HE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THE OVATION HE GOT. CASEY EITHER WAS CHEATED OR CHEATED HIMSELF RECENTLY WITH THE SONGS HE SANG. HE CHOSE SLOW SONGS AND HE WAS GREAT WITH THE GUITAR AND MORE UPBEAT SONGS. GO CHRYSTAL – SHE HAS THE BEST VOICE – TURN IT UP.

May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  171. Wendy

This is NOT a surprise! It was so obvious! Is this rigged? May the best man win!

May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  172. Abbylou

Lee is going to win!!! I like Crystal alot but I think Lee will come out on top. Either way, they are both fantastic. Really surprised that Casey
    was voted off. I loved Lee and Cyrstal's duet....

May 20, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  173. MC

Doesn't matter who wins between Lee and Crystal (but I predict Lee will take it). They're both talented and they'll both end up with recording contracts. It's a win-win. I do hope they duet again on the finale. They sounded amazing together.

May 20, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  174. mejazzbo

Just get this season over. I have not gotten goosebumps from any performance this season. It was more of a judges drama (Kara, go home) than a vocal contest. They had to do something to fill in for the mediocrity. Who can predict the winner. Everyone can!

May 20, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  175. Annie

The little girl that Casey sang to was a family member. She looked just Casey!!

May 20, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  176. Ricky

Kara and Randy ruined it for Casey. That was a horrible song choice!

May 20, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  177. Bill Herter

I never watched the show, until NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRYSTAL IS NUMBER 1. All of Ohio, and most of the U.S. is cheering for you. You have made the Toledo area very proud and happy. With all these bad times, you give us hope. Thank you. Good Luck.

Bill Herter from Delta, Ohio

May 20, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  178. Marie

Do you really think the public vote counts? Why can't we see the count as they announce the winners/loser? Casey didn't have a good "rag to riches" story. From Simon, you can see on his face that Lee has won. It all fits.

May 20, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  179. Dave

Enjoy the bread and circus plebes.

May 20, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  180. cher61

Crystal and Lee are who I picked from the beginning. I prefer Lee over Crystal; but they are both great! Come on Lee...you should be the "Next American Idol"!

May 20, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  181. val

But who will be the REAL winner in the end ????? Mike? Casey?

May 20, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  182. Mich

Crystal will be the winner. Idol won't have two guitar-strumming mellow guys as the winner two years in a row.

As for the show being fixed, it's always been fixed. They let people vote to get an idea of who's popular, and to make money for AT&T with the texting, but it's the producers who choose the winner based on who's the most marketable and best fits the AI ideal.

May 20, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  183. mandoman

American idol has really lost its' way this year, and this next show will be the last significant one of its' run. The biggest problem with the show is that the formula that worked for long has run out of gas. The voters have mainly always been younger, and so often vote purly based on who is cute. Then the show decides that it needs to cultivate a younger audience, so they do whacko stuff like putting on the most incredibly talentless garbage on awards night, which has been a litany of worthlessness. Last night was another great example. Those performances are supposed to inspire the singers?

In the end though Crystal and Lee have been the best all year. Any person watching the show with any musical training at all picked them out 10 weeks ago. Casey probably did deserve to be 3rd. He is a real musician, and you are going to see him as a lead guitarist with some success. He is good. But Crystal is an artist, a musician. Because she isn't a Disney cookie cutter singer, or some other formula type, and because she is going to actually write her own material, and play it because she feels it, not to fool 14 year olds, her audience will be a bit limited. Still, she is going to do pretty well. Lee has grown, and is real good too, and a good guy, and kind. Probably he'll win because of that, and that outcome might be the best thing, for Crystal. Coming in second on AI might be better than winning for either of these two, or else they'll have to suffer through making a first record that is highly compromised.

May 20, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  184. clyde

It has been rigged and ya'll should pay attention to it all. Casey has bee off key on many songs and really bad for the past 5 shows but no one voted him off. If the other contestants sang one wrong key they were history the following night. Simon wanted Lee to win from the beginning because he knew Crystal was that good and can take care of her own. She's not one to "conform" to singing what doesn't fit her. Way to go Crystal. I will buy both Lee and Crystals albums.

May 20, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  185. Scott

For all of you longing for the bubble gum pop finalists of years gone past, I'm glad you're unhappy with this season's contestants. I, for one, think they're great. They're real musicians/artists this year... and not cheesy pop stars. Go Lee AND Crystal!

May 20, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  186. sandly

CASEY SHOULD STAY....NOW GO LEE!!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  187. Kim

Can't wait to see the finally next week. They will both bring it on strong so it will be a tough choice, but I think Lee will win.

May 20, 2010 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  188. Deeo

Crystal should win just because she has alot of talent with both instuments and her voice. However, I do believe it will be Lee that we hear more of on the radio and Crystal will fade away. I also hope that Lee comes in second so that Idol doesn't own him.

May 20, 2010 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  189. Dimenser

Just because your favorite doesn't win doesn't mean the show is rigged. The rest of the world does not think like you do – you are not a special snowflake. Get over yourselves.

May 20, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  190. Leo

Worst season ever! Boring guitar strumming hacks. Pimping Lee! Hilarious! Crystal having to ask if she was in or out like it was an afterthought! Crystal deserves the win but she apparently voiced some displeasure a few weeks ago. That's when the knives came out for her. Finale should be held in a coffeehouse for these two.

May 20, 2010 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  191. Shaman

Oh please, Crystal showed she could sing soul, country-western/rockabilly, jazz, rock. She has the best voice, period. Lee is boring – after one song, what's left? Lee will win because the judges already decided this weeks ago. They crafted the past two weeks to make sure it would happen, and hoped the votes would mirror that. I think they make the final decision, anyway.

May 20, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  192. Victor Li

To me, they are evenly matched. It's true! Who do you all think I am–Simon Cowell?! Get with it and just wait until the "Idol" finale to find out who wins. I am still rooting for Crystal Bowersox to win. If she becomes the runner-up, I'll accept Lee DeWyze's victory. Please no bashing, ripping, or laughing at me during and after the finale and be nice...ALL OF YOU.

May 20, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  193. Jasmine

i hope lee wins!

May 20, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  194. Jasmine

CRYSTAL SHOULD OF GOT OFF NOT CASEY!!!

May 20, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  195. JC

I love the conspiracy comments. The only problem is an independant organization (the predictor site) monitors the voting by doing their own sampling. Lee blew Crystal out of the water this week in voting and I don't think it will be a huge shock when he wins next week. This season really has been very predictable.

I think the ultimate results will be intereting to monitor – my prediction is several of the contestants who were not in the top-3 will have much more successful careers than any of the top-3 this year. I really just don't see any of them being marketable unless they can be schooled by some kind of charisma coach.

May 20, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  196. Olivia

This was so obvious!

Up until yesterday the sole winner was Crystal for her consistent and solid performance across the season. Lee and Casey were considered the far distant second and third places respectively. So the risk was to have in Crystal the undisputabvle winner one whole week before the grand finale. Immagine how bad the ratings would have been during this week without an excitment and expectations to fullfill. Facing with this danger, Simon et al decide to intervine through the song selection and delivery process. First they gave a lame song to Casey who drag dipper himself in the hole with his own dull song selection. Yesterday Casey seemed either too optimistic of the "cougar" factor or careless about badly wanting to win. Second, they -Ellen who is too naive in music knowledge– gave Crystal an outside- the-confort zone song in Lyrics and tone making her appearance less palatable yet and in spite of that Crystal delivered powerfully . Third, Simon select a song for Lee in his confort zone. What's more, they allow for all kinds of support : impresive chorus and lights. All with the objective to inflate Lee's prospectus and keep the expectations and uncertainty running for one week more. Definitively Crystal should be the winner. Everyhting else would be the most shameful manipulation.

May 20, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  197. pied piper

Is it possible that there will be a tie? The final 2 seem to be interchangeable. The judges want us to believe they are both unique, but they are really the same.

May 20, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  198. QuietStormX

Oh really, Casey should have been gone weeks ago before Mike and a couple of women with better stronger voices. But who care now with the suspect voting by phone. I don't really care so much now with the two left. Pop and Country is so so so boring and limited these days anyway. The real Winner of this years show was Michael Lynche with the better stage presents and biger voice. Who I think will be real good after Idol tour and the real world. Along with Siobhan Magnus who I can see on Broadway with that voice and more after.

May 20, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  199. Roberto

Oh My God!!
    Can anyone of the three speak a full sentence?
    I just heard: it'slike,you know, man, like you know like man you know like it's like, you know like man...and on and on and on.
    Really annoying!
    As always they should tell them to SHUT UP!

r

May 20, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  200. AIdolFan

Siobhan would have made things interesting, but I do agree with the outcome. Overall a blah season imo

May 20, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  201. josh

I don't even remember Kris Allen... Adam Lambert has surpassed him in every way!

May 20, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  202. mizdona

Yes....you called it right and I totally agree! Casey should have gone home weeks ago. Lee and Crystal evenly matched? I think so! Lee has developed beautifully over the last few weeks.

May 20, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  203. Judging Amy from Balto

I saw Siobhan in the audience. She was the real talent. I loved her voice! Siobhan blew me away with the high notes she could hold. I also liked Aaron. But now it's Lee and Chrystal in the finale, I'm voting for Lee, but it doesn't really matter who wins now.

May 20, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  204. krubby

Kris Allen has a song playing on the radio that feels like it is on every 20 minutes or so. not sure I would say he hasn't been heard from again. has already had more of a career than rueben, fantasia, that harmonica taylor soul patrol whoever guy (can't even remember his whole name)

having said that I do think if lee wins he will fade away, he just is not that memorable (or good).

May 20, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  205. Dejected Canadian

1. The top three should have included (in no particular order): Crystal, Siobhan, and Mike.

2. I, AND MANY OTHER VIEWERS, ARE TIRED OF HAVING TO EAT THE MIXED MESSAGE B.S. FROM BIASED JUDGES – WHO, (by the way), CLEARLY HAD THEIR SHY & SAD-EYED TONE-DEAF FAVORITE PICKED OUT A MONTH AGO.

3. I wish American Idol would abolish the practise of lip-syncing. It was blatantly clear that my fellow Canadian Justin Bieber is guilty of such under-handed performances when we heard his digitally mastered voice sing the words,"baby noooo, like baby" (and so on) – with the mic about a foot and a half from his face while he jumped two feet in the air without tone inflection or missing any notes whatsoever.

May 20, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  206. hfeatherz

I'm not sure it's a good thing to compare Lee to Kris Allen. Has Kris Allen actually done ANYTHING since he won? If Lee is another Kris, he'll just drop off the radar and never be heard from again.

May 20, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  207. Lucky

@shaman Funny? Do I amuse you like a clown?

May 19, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  208. SmartA$$

you Oxymoronic fools! i was helping a fellow blogger out...its not my fault you're too stupid to realize it...

May 19, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Cyndi G.

Lee looks like a young Billy Joel, hot... He had me when I saw him getting all choked up at him homecoming. Very sensitive, humble, and a great singer! LEE IS THE WINNER

May 19, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Shaman

Lucky, that's funny.

May 19, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Lucky

I'm not sure WHO is gonna win this. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Otherwise LEE WILL DEFINATELY BE THE NEXT IDOL.

May 19, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Shaman

Lee isn't that amazing or so cute. He's very average. The judges destroyed Casey's confidence, they knocked him down for weeks. And Simon had to pick "Hallelujah" for Lee's song because he knew that would give Lee the chance to win it – manipulating the audience, emotions, past history like David Cook, for instance. It's baloney. The judges were not fair at all. I'm sick of hearing everybody singing "Hallelujah", it's enough already. Lee didn't give it anything new....just average.

May 19, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Shaman

Thanks SmartA, I used one word s e x y and it wasn't derogatory. Censorship – no thanks.

May 19, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  214. krubby

I agree with your comments mama's

I guess it is some 14 year old just amazed that what he types actually gets posted. He is like soooo excited I bet. peaking around his shoulder too though to make sure his mommy does not come into the basement and catch him posting 'bad bad words'

May 19, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Mama's boy

Please keep it CLEAN. No need to show everyone your mama didn't raise you right.

May 19, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  216. SmartA$$

Shaman-this blog is monitored by a word PROG...words like S ex,,,
    S ucked S hit are booted from blog but now you can say CRAP & Ass ok lol

May 19, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  217. krubby

how funny, my post above I talk about how it should be based on talent and not just pretty boy looks and THEN only after that I see mary's comments above:

mary says: The winner has to be Lee. Crystal's appearance, especially her hair, is not what an American Idol should look like

wow – how shallow can you be mary? pathetic. crystal should not be the idol because she does not have the perfect look? You know not everyone in american is 5 ft 2 inches, size 2 waist and beautiful. sometimes beauty is within, not just on the outside. pity you can;t see past the exterior with your shallow comments

May 19, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  218. krubby

Crystal should win this thing, she is the better talent of the two. Lee can't carry a note if you spotted him a bucket. cute looks and a little smile does not make a good singer. what a joke folks keep falling for the perfect look versus talent.

crystal has been the best all season as a whole, not just over a few lucky nights. Lee really is not that great , get past the looks and swooning and listen to him

May 19, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  219. BeLEEve

did anyone notice how Mamasox was all over Lee, she has a baby and a husband almost. Lee better be careful around her, he might let her win if she turns on the charm.

May 19, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Shaman

What is it with this comment section? I have tried to post two different things, and it keeps saying it's a duplicate, I've already said that, but it isn't posted anywhere. And I've waited and waited, they didn't show up.

May 19, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Louise

@Crystal's BFF HATERADE, that a good one! she is a meanie and is just jealous of Crystal's talent. My girl sings, plays guitar, piano, and the harmonica too

May 19, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  222. SmartA$$

the show is always RIGGED when their favorites go home You never hear from these people ever till it happens after that go back under their rock

May 19, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Jeff P

Why has the judges pushed Lee as so many claim. Maybe it's because they believe that he has been consistantly better than the other performers over the past few weeks. Just a thought.

May 19, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Jeff P

Okay nutjobs, the show isn't rigged. Proof...two words...Taylor Hicks.

May 19, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  225. chipp

sure; they're even in that they both pretty much SUCKED; in fact, most of the top ten sucked and this will repeat itself next season UNLESS American Idol puts limits on the voting. My friend & I were lucky to get o;ne vote each last nite.

May 19, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Future Contestant

@avanee crystal unique? As unique as Janis Joplin and Melissa Ethridge...

May 19, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  227. all4casey

I'll see ya tomorrow! It's really nice of Ellen to have them on her show when they are sent home... Maybe it's to make up for all her lame input/feedback that is supposed to help the singers improve.

May 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  228. AVANEE

crystal and lee r amazing singers...it is so hard to choose...but i have been with crystal since the show started she is so unique...and i really want her to win...but if lee wins that is okay too....because he is amazing and a cutie....

May 19, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Shaman

We voted like crazy for Casey and Crystal and bought their songs. But, we saw the judges manipulations, how they brushed off Casey for the past few weeks and boosted Lee. We even believe that they brought in a special crowd of Lee fans for last night's show because suddenly there are Lee fans, when before everybody was screaming for Casey and Crystal. Felt weird. Also, the judges do sway the audience and they really did an overblown job on Lee. He's not that great. We wouldn't buy any of his songs. Let's face it – Crystal has the best voice on this show, she showed so many different styles, and she deserves the win. She's a winner, any way you look at her. We also feel Lee might know he's the judge's choice for a win, and maybe they already told him he will win it? They sure have been setting it up that way – YUCK!

May 19, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Mary

The winner has to be Lee. Crystal's appearance, especially her hair, is not what an American Idol should look like. I compare all the Idols to Kelly Clarkston. She was tops along with Carry Underwood.
    Go Lee

May 19, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  231. kazcass

My vote is for Crystal :)
    Go to you tube and listen to some of her songs she wrote. She has natural God given talent.

May 19, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Tena Hunter

IT HAS BEEN RIGGED SINCE CLAY AIKEN DIDN'T WIN AND THEN LAST YEAR WHEN ADAM LAMBERT DIDN'T WIN AND THEN PAULA LEAVING......AI IS NO LONGER MY # 1 SHOW ! CAN'T WAIT TILL SIMON'S NEW SHOW....BET PAULA WILL BE ONE OF THE JUDGES!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Future Contestant

Isn't it enuff to be a great singer? Do all the AI's now have to play guitar? David Cook, Kris Allen, Crystal or Lee...

May 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Tom

Lee and Crystal are a good final that will be hard to pick. I think that Lee is another Kris Allen who will win the female voters hearts and win it all.

May 19, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  235. michele

nope just good ole tea........simon wants the winner to be the one who will bring him the money

May 19, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  236. BETTER ODDS THAN VEGAS

I WILL BET MICHELE'S WEARING NOTHING UNDER HER CLOTHES

May 19, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  237. rc

Mamasox deserves to win. she has been consistent ALL season. Sure Lee has come up but he still does not compare to mamasox's natural talent.

May 19, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Crystal's BFF

@Michele you been drinking the Haterade tonite?

May 19, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  239. michele

maggie its been rigged since season 1.....lol

May 19, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Star watcher

@maggie what you said, AGREE...

May 19, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Phil W.

I miss "Big Mike"...
    He was the only one who was "different".
    All the remaining contestants have been entertainers, or have had
    aspirations (like Lee) to get into the professional music business,
    but Mike was a family man who had a talent, and got SO CLOSE...
    Sorry Big Mike...we'll miss ya.

May 19, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  242. White knuckles

@Janis I know. He made me say huh?

May 19, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  243. maggie

I have never believed that AI was rigged, but this year I do. Last night I voted for contestant number 2, Crystal, and the message on the line said, :Thanks for voting for contestant number 3! Tune in tomorrow night...." I thought maybe I had mistakenly pushed the wrong number, but I checked and I had punched 866-436-5702. Now I will always, always have doubts about the results. It has been obvious that the judges have been pushing Lee for a number of weeks now. I can't believe that I am hearing the same thing they are hearing. He definitely sings familiar songs, but he is off key in spots throughout each song. It has always been my favorite show, but this is definitely my last season. With Simon gone, partiality with the judges, and questionable voting results, something just doesn't ring true!

May 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Drew McClary

Funny how they both additioned together and made it to the final 2

May 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  245. bob

Lee has been very strong the past few weeks.
    But when it comes down to it, Crystal can
    outshine anybody on that stage.

May 19, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  246. Judge

GO LEE! IT'S IN THE BAG!!!

May 19, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Janis

Why did Ryan give the results like that? I wasn't sure if Crystal was safe. She had to ask to make sure.

May 19, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  248. michele

i'm wearing dreads jealous guy...........lol.....

May 19, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Star watcher

@mb I think Casey fans will vote for LEE. Hope so...

May 19, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  250. I'm just a jealous guy

@michele some people don't care about feelings. so, what are you wearing?

May 19, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  251. mb

LEE IS AWESOME!!! I'm actually going to have to pick up the phone next week and vote for him. I wonder if Casey's fans will be voting for Lee or "Boring-Sox" now that he's gone??

May 19, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  252. BETTER ODDS THAN VEGAS

THIS WAS TOO EASY TO PREDICT THEY WERE THE ONLY TWO WHO COULD SING THE OTHERS JUST SOUNDED LIKE CRAP

May 19, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  253. michele

i hear ya jealous guy and she admitted that she has a crush on Casey and her boyfriend knows about it.........oh pulleze.....gee bet that boosted her boyfriends feelings.........

May 19, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  254. RoB

Maybe 'michele' should figure out grammar before she tries to figure out show business.

May 19, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  255. I'm just a jealous guy

What was with Crystal wrapping her leg around Lee? Her boyfriend should be wondering...

May 19, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  256. LTINAZ

Over the past several weeks, Lee has improved little by little. But, he's still pretty dull. Come on Sox! Keep your songs true to the heart. In fact, check out some songs of the duo "Heart".

May 19, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  257. bravehart

Yes-the final will be fantastic to watch! Go Lee and Crystal!

May 19, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  258. Star watcher

When it came down to Crystal and Casey, I kinda wanted him to win after seeing his trip home footage. I like him as a person.

May 19, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  259. mushymushroom

I predicted this waaaaaaaaaaaayyy back they even have the top 12, I thought that the top 4 will be Alex Lambert, Crystal, Casey and Lee. But of course when Alex was eliminated I thought those three will still make it but the final two will have to be Lee and Crystal.

I believe that a lot or people has the same prediction early on because it's not really that difficult to identify those who are to make it given the kind of line up they have this season.

May 19, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |