May 19th, 2010

Bret Michaels kept the bandana on in the hospital

In his first television interview since he was rushed to the hospital on April 21 after suffering a brain hemorrhage, Bret Michaels revealed on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” that he kept his trademark bandana on the entire time.

“I said, ‘If I’m going out, I wanna go out rocking,' ” Michaels told Winfrey via satellite from Phoenix, Arizona. “Leave the boots on [and] some form of a bandana…Not that hospital gown." (In one photo Winfrey showed of Michaels in his hospital bed, he was indeed wearing his bandana – he was also topless.)

But perhaps Michaels needed that little fabric square of normalcy; his world had been turned upside down in the blink of an eye, and we’re not just using a cliché here. Michaels was at home with his family when he felt something explode in his head, something that “felt like a pop,” he said. “They call it a thunderclap, and I’ve never instantaneously had a headache like that in my life. It wasn't even a headache, more like a migraine times ten. It exploded instantly and ran from my temple to the back of my skull.”

And while he didn’t exactly see his life flash before his eyes as he was being treated in the hospital, Michaels did think immediately of his two daughters and his girlfriend, Kristi.

“I just asked God, you gotta let me live through this. God may have talked back; I was doing a lot of asking at that point, [saying] I know I’ve done a lot of rotten things, I need you to cut me a break here. If you cut me a break I promise I’ll do better," Michaels recalled. "I wasn’t prepared for it. It puts things in perspective so quickly. Your immediate family, your kids, your best friends – you’re not thinking about anything else.”

His daughters were thinking of him too – Winfrey included an interview with Michaels’ 9-year-old daughter Raine, who described what she was thinking when her father was in the hospital.

“The scariest part was thinking that my Dad could die tonight, so all these memories were flashing through my head of him,” Raine said. Memories of “being on stage with him for the first time, singing into the mic with him for the first time, playing basketball with him…to think that my Dad wouldn’t grow up with me and walk me down the aisle, it was just really heartbreaking.”

Which of course caused Michaels to shed some tears, but it went without saying that he was incredibly grateful to be around to hear what she was thinking at the time. Winfrey asked Michaels if he thought he had received a second chance at life, and he quickly agreed.

“I don’t know what the reason is just yet,” Michaels said, “but I’ll say this: whoever blessed me, whatever guardian angel I have, I’m very thankful to be here.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. JC

He is retarded wearing that bandana all the time. the damn thing done cut off his circulation and popped a vessel in his head. The real reason he wears it is because he is a insecure moron who is BALD!!!!!!!

September 24, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. charles hutton

as a Gay man I don't care if he has hair or not..In would DO him...get well Bret

May 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Holly Golightly

He kept his banana on while in the hospital???

May 20, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Boof

I heard he was a Manson follower and the bandana covers up the "X" he carved in his forehead.

May 20, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. carla

You guys really crack me up with all these bald comments, but I'm glad he is doing ok.

May 20, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Chad Lohman

Keep rockin' Bret!!! Best wishes!!!

May 19, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Katmandu

I know this is going to sound crazy….I am a bit disappointed that he did not thank his fans for all of the prayers that were sent his way. I understand that we are supposed to do things like that without being thanked, but I think it was an amazing oversight considering that if you watched blogs and his fan sites, they were full of comments about praying for him. For those that believe in prayer know that if he thought it was a combination of faith and whatever else, he would have acknowledged just how important all of those prayers were. Sure his staff said thanks on his sites, but perhaps he should have said something. Just saying….since I tend to neglect prayer until situations that effect or touch me in some way.

May 19, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. c kesling

i am glad to hear ret is doing well !! good luck bret to you and your family... god bless

May 19, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rusty Shackleford

as a human being, I'm glad Michaels is okay healthwise, but as an American consumer, his music sucks donkey balz, and any TV show he is on is for complete idiots-he wears a bandana to cover his "hair" [sic], which is as fake as he is

May 19, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. moon627

BRET IS A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT

YOU A HOLES (you know who you are) ARE JUST JEALOUS

May 19, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. CMystic

Has anyone suggested that he might be bald and that's why he's so insistent on wearing his bandana to the grave? Oh, wait... never mind.

Thought I had an original insight there for a minute.

May 19, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. katetheygreat

"Bret Michaels kept the bandana on in the hospital"and Simon keeps showing up on Am Idol with a bad haircut. So what!
    All the best to you, Bret. You deserve the best health and the wealth of your friends and family.
    peace out!

May 19, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Just Wondering

First, I do not have any particular feelings toward Brett or his hair (or lack of). What I would like to know is why he mentions getting drunk in every Apprentice show AND he is diabetic. I do not remember hearing about any sugar free alcholic beverages. He is so intense on his sugar free Snapple – but then goes to get drunk and celebrate. Someone whose charity is Juvenile Diabetes should be an example – don't drink.

Did I get this 'chat' off the hair loss subject? And I agree Red Pison, let's get a different pic of this guy.

May 19, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ed

Sweet Lou...c'mon, "LOL" are you twelve.
    my point was that people are ranting about him being fake to promote his rocker image. I didn't specify any age group...just the type of look, in general.
    Yet, I will bet that 85% of the people posting here do SOMETHING that makes them think they are "hot", but seems silly to others.
    I'll explain...if 100 people post those comments, 85 are guilty of some similar vanity.

May 19, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chuck bachman

he's completely bald.

May 19, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dave Mann

You're lucky Brett. Do what you gotta do so the next one doesn't take you out unprepared.

May 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. openout

hey john, S T F U ! nobody cares. You may be affraid of death because your a wuss. Sure, nobody looks forward to death. It does'nt mean you have to grovel at the feet of an imaginary guy in the sky though.

May 19, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. John_3_36

One day we will all face our own mortality. One day each one of us will pass away from this earth. All of us will stand before God after our death. Will we say, like Brett Michaels, "God, I know I’ve done a lot of rotten things..."? Think about it. Be prepared. Read one of the gospels, the book of Acts, and one of Paul's letters.

Death is a scary thing. It comes to us all. Be prepared.

May 19, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mr. Speed

Wow....

I meant concert scene of the 80's....
    Sorry.

May 19, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. openout

so what if he is bald. would he be a legit 80's rocker without the wig and extentions. I think not. I am Brets age and I have a receding hair line. Im no rock star so I won't be strapping a wombat to my head. honestly I am just to comfortable with who I am to hide what some consider to be a flawed appearance. and the dumb azz who thinks you wont get a woman to look at you if you are bald or losing your hair. that dude has no game or is just not interesting enough to hold a womans attention.

May 19, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mr. Speed

Sweetlou:

Where in blue blazes do you get that women were natural in the 80's???

Man, the 80s is when all the BIG stuff started happenin'...
    wink,wink. =0)

I miss the concert seen of the 80's... Big hair, spandex,short skirts....
    and THAT was the band!!! LOL.

May 19, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Carolina

whoah there, now you got the bible thumpers all riled up.......there is no god, and the cruel joke that is male pattern baldness proves it. LOL

May 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Red Pison

Are there no other Bret Michaels photos?

May 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jim

It is because he is bald.

May 19, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bushpig

"Bret Michaels kept the bandana on in the hospital". Because it holds his brain in.

May 19, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bushpig

He's gonna "go out rocking"? Great, like I wanna see him drop dead on stage.

On second thought.......

May 19, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Joel Jenkins

Bret,
    you asked God for help, and he answered.

Give him the credit and praise he is due.

May 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Deirdre

I didn't know much about you until Aprentice – you're a creative force and seem like a nice person. Keep getting better!

May 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Hudg

he IS bald....and he IS wearing a rug with bandana.....who cares you ask? Bret cares...he is in that Kenny Chesney mode...never be seen without the fake hair and bandana

May 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Steve

This guy survives something that would have killed most people and all you can talk about is that hes covering his bald head. Big deal! The bandana is part of his "look". Always has been and always will be.... bald or not. Get over it.

I loved the first season of Rock of Love but then when he continued I didn't like it... then when he was on Celebrity Apprentice I didn't give him much of a chance. But over the past few weeks he's really done well and its cool to see that he's going to be in the final. I hope he won it all and I hope he gets better and he uses this second chance for something really good.

Keep Rockin Bret!!

May 19, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. John Glover

HELLO!! It has been confirmed that he IS BALD!! Dome head, NADA. He wears a wig and the bandana to cover any bad seams in the front. I wish he would dump the whole self confidence crap, remove and burn the little vermant, and enjoy being bald and for real. If a women can't take my bold blue eyes with a receding hairline then she can hit the road. I could care less if the ball rack on her chest is real/fake, silicone/saline.

May 19, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Interesting

Oprah who?

May 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jill

Funny how us ordinary people all feel the need to judge. Why he wears what he wears is no different than why we wear what we wear, he like every other human being, has his flaws, whether it be receding or balding, he's still Bret Michaels, rock star, reality star, father, son, boyfriend, friend, cousin, etc. People should stop hating.

May 19, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Eric

What are the other guys from Poison up to?

May 19, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Cookie :-)

Couch – you're an idiot to say "don't thank God". What a ridiculous fool you are.

May 19, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Brook

God is good.

May 19, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Patricia

HeyOhoooooooo! Whassa going on? How did they keep all of the girls from the Rock of Love Bus away from the hospital! Brett is a scream, hope he gets well and stays well! Rock ON!

May 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sweet Lou

the man is the man. lol

and @ed, you must be an old man that still has his head stuck in the 70s or 80s when women were natural. Time to get out of the ice ages pal. Surprised you even know how to log onto a computer. lol

May 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  39. bob

i saw this pathetic person for the very 1st time the other while watching the 100 best hardrock songs of all-time. while i liked the music, i thought he was the biggest loser i'd ever seen or heard... it was all image, marketing, and money on his part (promoting his latest CD), and no substance whatsoever.

He's nothing but a total jerk, and would do anything to make a buck..

May 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. 1jimmyhoffa

ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  41. fuyuko

He is likely just losing his hair and wanting to hide it. I have a co-worker who perpetually wears a baseball cap for the same reason.

May 19, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Man

Gilligan,

You were put on that island for a reason. Now just sit and be quiet.. I know you're trying to sound endearing but it just ain't working, Little Buddy.

Here's the deal – Women don't love bald men. They don't like bald men either. In fact, they ignore bald men altogether. I do shudder to think what that group of women that surrounded you as a young man looked like. I'm sure you did your best at picking the "prettiest" one of the bunch.

Good for you!! You sound like you made out well. Now tell that pretty little lady of yours to get her good arm in action and start rubbin that rotten melon of yours.

Best wishes,

The Man

May 19, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Seriously

Chuck Norris once tried to remove Brett's bandana, and failed.

May 19, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ed

all of you bimbos that are ragging the headwear...just keep getting boob jobs, dying your hair and wearing those stupid oversized sunglasses. you don't look rediculous at all...puke

May 19, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. GOD

I pity the fool who doesn't believe in me!

May 19, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JOE

Who cares????!!!!

he sucks anyway

May 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Gilligan

Be Bald, Bret, be proud. Women love bald men. I know, I was surrounded by them as a young man. I picked the prettiest of the bunch and she rubs my head for luck still to this day.

May 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Matt

Holy crap! He wears the bandana cause he's BALD!!! He wears a WIG!!! I can't believe so many people are that dumb.

May 19, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. KittenKat

I'm glad to know that he has and is making a full recovery. If for nothing more than to be there for his daughters. You can't deny his love and affection for his girls and considering the industry he's in, I think that's remarkable. I look forward to watching the Apprentice. I think he far succeeded Holly Robinson-Pete throughout the duration of the show and think it would be great if he won.

May 19, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  50. The Man

Dear Richard Nixon,

You're spelling and grammar are both truly mesmerizing. I'm pretty sure I had either a small stroke or a seizure when I was trying to decipher your DaVinci Code like message.

Way to put your words on paper, my man! You're a big boy now.

Now go out and play.

The Man

May 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ms cogar

No matter what you do!!!!keep god first, he is the being and the end.

May 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Richard Nixon

The Man is a loser

May 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Richard Nixon

@the man speaking of morons how s you pencil appendage doing man?

May 19, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sweet Lou

has anyone mentioned that he's bald because I read every comment and didn't see mention of it. lol

and samantha's posts were hilarious. A+ humor

May 19, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Larry David

Bald!

May 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. The Man

P.S. – Keep your 2 cents. I'm pretty sure, and this is just a guess, that you'll need it soon.

The Man

May 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Richard Nixon

screw carol – C.C. DeVille
    you sound like you got a lock on this.
    Want to go to the track tomorrow?

May 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Richard Nixon

screw carol – C.C. DeVille
    you sound like you got a lock.
    What are the numbers?

May 19, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  59. The Man

Dear Dr. Rob,

You're a moron.

Love,

The Man

May 19, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  60. rob

pretty ironic all this happens while he is doing that silly ass show with "The Don" and he has a upcoming tour in just a few weeks or is it days now and he is fine now to do this tour....all about getting people interested in him again and ticket sells.......I'm sorry its not medically possible seeing how close to death they "said" he was....just my 2 cents worth :)

May 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Richard Nixon

@Carol "The Lord works miracles everyday, "
    Hey Carol if you got some kinda in could you get me the lotto numbers for tonight?

May 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  62. C.C. DeVille

Bret Michaels is what all American men should strive to be. He's a true hero and exerts courage, patience, peace, love, strength, talent, humanity, ambition, grace, selflessness, empathy, truth, honor and wholesomeness. Bret Michaels is America. We find ourselves looking up to these phonies all the time. It's about time a true hero and shining star is there for us to put all of our faith into.

God Bless Bret Michaels.

God Bless America.

And God Bless us all. Each and every one.

Keep in mind – Every time Bret Michaels sings "Every Rose Has It's Thorn", an angel gets it's wings.

Love you Brett!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Obvious

He's bald, duh.

May 19, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. anonymous

He wears the bandana to hold his wig on! That's not his real hair or plugs or extensions...it's a wig!

May 19, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Martina Warren

I love Brett. As A Penthouse Pet I love how he treats my sisters. I am glad he is ok.

May 19, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Christi

He has publicly acknowledged he has extensions – no news that he is going bald.

May 19, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  67. infonomics

Few words have given more hope than "he kept the bandana on". Think of how many despondents have survived the night just knowing such. Oh what a blessing that he lives. If such was not enough, we too have The Audacity of Hope and its author. So indispensable, the two, but so mortal. What will we do, when they both pass. Endless despair, I guess.

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  68. diamond

thank god for giveing him a 2chance we will ary for you everyday...

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Carol

Of all the chaos in the world you center your "frustrations" on one single man. The Lord works miracles everyday, and he blessed Bret with a miracle, deal with it, get over it...don't become so callous that you can't see this. Miracles happen and they happen to anyone, any walk of life, any type of person......so praise the Almighty for giving this person another chance. I don't know Bret Michaels, and if wearing his bandana for any reason is the way he presents himself, so be it. Life goes on....let yours take a different course and be grateful for your life and the lives of your family.

May 19, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  70. diamond

hey boo

May 19, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  71. justin

May 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Richard Nixon

I am glad he is ok but let reality sink in folks.
    He is a glam rocker and is bald.
    A hat alone would not cover this.
    He needs the bandana to cover the shiney front plate.

May 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  73. frances

May 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Billy Bob

Did he insist on his hair extensions while wearing the bandana as well? Wearing a bandana and cowboy boots in the hospital, what a hero the guy is! I mean, that is pure courage. What a role model for everyone. Did they cure him of VD when he was in the hospital too?

May 19, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  75. frances

May 19, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. vik

good!

May 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Bob Loblaw

He is bald. Thats why he wears it.

May 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dawn

I'm glad Bret is doing better!! He is a great person....I met him several years ago!!

The bandana thing I think is hiding a receding hairline or maybe worse but it works for him.....it doesn't matter to me if he is getting bald or totally bald....he's still gorgeous!!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Kim

I REALLY don't care about Bret Micheals. Glad he's alright, but can we pleeease stop hearing about him now?

May 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Gwendolyn

For those that post "who cares" well you must since you took the time to read the article. AND .... took even more time to post! What does it matter if he wears the bandana because he has a receding hairline or if he is bald. What does it really matter??

May 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. stacy

damn, what a miracle god gave him a second chance so that he can live again and learn from any actions he did wrong and learn from it,thats increadible!!!!!!!!! And to the all of his fans you guys might fell very happy because Bret is ok and also alive!!!. Im not a fan but Im so glad that he is going to be just fine with the support of his family and all of his friends and fans!!!!!!!!!! :)

May 19, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  82. rosaadriana

He has to wear it to cover up his lack of hair.

May 19, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  83. nature boy

The only reason anyone is focusing on his bandana is because the media gives all you booger pickers, drunks, wife beaters and just straight up geeks a reason to feel better about yourselves. BTW I can't stand Poison!

May 19, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  84. GD

Yawn. A bandanna under a cowboy hat...how classy.

Maybe sooner or later he'll grow up and realize that if his music is any good at all, people won't care what he looks like and get rid of the stupid props.

Good news for him and his family and fans he pulled through. But maybe it was caused by wearing the bandanna too tight. ;-)

May 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Who Cares

Is this really news?

May 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Chrissy

Personally, I think he would look really good bald. He should keep the goatee and stash, and be bald otherwise. He'll actually look like a tough guy that way. -though he has a beautifual smile and eyes, so more like a big tough teddy bear!

Glad to hear that he'll be ok. There is obviously a lot of love in his family, and it would have been a shame for those girls to say goodbye to their daddy so soon.

May 19, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  87. TWK

He would look like Howie Mandels twin if he was bald... Im just sayin

May 19, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Nalgasaki

Jesus is a ZOMBIEEEEE !!

May 19, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kathy

Take a look at these messages. This is what is wrong with the world. Everyone is obsessed with this man's head. Really? Can't we as human beings have enough common decency not to judge others. I know I have many faults, and I'm sure most of you do as well. If we cared enough to pull up this article, and leave a message, don't you think that it should be positive? Shouldn't we all, regardless of our beliefs have something inside of us, that is good. Like caring about people going through tragic times, their families, their friends, the world that is in crisis. There's way to much hate, never enough love.

May 19, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Joey Bagadonuts

It's all George W. Bush's fault.........

May 19, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  91. EllaMaine

He wears a bandana because he is balding...

May 19, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ant625

He wears the bandana because of his car accident years ago in the mid 90s I believe. His scalp was literally peeled off his head. Not much Sy Sperling can do at that point.

May 19, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. scott cluthe

i didn't think twice about Bret Micheals until gettting hooked on cele apprentice.
    As I watched him work with him creativity, as I watched his passion rise to the challenge, and I watched as he REFUSED to throw people under the bus, my admiration and respect grew.
    I hope he wears his bandana unitl the moment he decides not too, and anyone on here who thinks their opinion counts one twit about this is completely delusional.
    There is probalby not one person in America who will read this today who has one tenth of his creativity or success, in the most important areas of life. And all the other areas where he has already proven himslef.

May 19, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  94. judefan

Hey Jude, great comment. Thanks for weighing in. At least he's a decent dad, and raising money for a great cause, and not with a needle in his arm.

May 19, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dee

I was never a Poison fan but have come to like Bret. I am glad he is recovering and hope he truly learns what is important in life from this experience. I also hope he kicks Holly's butt on The Apprentice!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Pat

No cabbage head, no rabbit's foot--just logic and reason.

P.S. My trial DID come (a catastrophic illness) and I got through it without fairy tales, mumbo jumbo, speaking in tongues, and fear of an eternal burning place with a devil poking my derriere with a pitchfork. Come on, people, aren't you too old for fables and fairy tales?

May 19, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jo Bob

If he wins The Apprentice, I may consider it as being rigged.

May 19, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Thoreau

I've never heard so many baldist comments.

May 19, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jim

Gmacben – have you heard about Pascal's Wager? see problem solved.

May 19, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Chrisie

please get rid of the bandana – it looks so silly – we don't care if you're losing your hair; you can still sing can't you? you don't need the fake hair to look good – and the guyliner too has got to go; so glad you're well again; but you did some nasty things on rock of love you deserve better – stay with your girlfriend – but that bandana has to go – love you on Apprentice – think you should win

May 19, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  101. gmacben

For whatever reason he kept the bandana on...it's his business. If he belives that God saved him...it's his business. The bottom line is that he is here to talk about it and how he believes he was saved....IS HIS BUSINESS!! Rock music is not my thing but I do like Bret Michaels and I do believ in God and I thank him for allowing this man to live to see his daughters grow up. And I do agree that some of you hateful folks will need something to hold on to one day when your trial comes. Wonder what that'll be....since you don't believe in God! A cabbage-head, a rabbit's foot, hmmmmm!

May 19, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  102. WCB2009

he's gotta hide the growing bald spot somhow!

May 19, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  103. ev

bandanas are the new comb-over

May 19, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  104. EricD

We all know you're bald, Bret. You're 47 years old. It's OK. Time to give up the bandana. It looks ridiculous.

May 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Midwestmatt

Beautiful words from a 9 year old with an old soul.

May 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Cinny

To gh – you are too funny – I love it when people put things in the comments just to try and get inside someone's head and they usually do cause people let it happen. Just enjoy mother earth, enjoy your friends and family and be thankful that you are a part of this life to see all types of things happen around the world. Otherwise you would just be a figment of someone' s imagination......

May 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Huh

Hey Bret probably God hates glam rock so that is why he does not want you there...

May 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  108. jude

I am 70 and really did not know what Brett Michaels was all about, but I have been watching the Celebrity Apprentice and must say you are a really "nice guy". I like the way you conducted yourself with all the Celebrities. You have my vote. So happy you are given another day to lilve. Enjoy every minute.

May 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  109. C

They didn't have to shave his head because he wears a wig. If Brett was such a rockstar he should be able to rock the bald head look.

May 19, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. I'm not only the hairclub president....

He's bald under that bandana, its what holds his flowing locks together!

May 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  111. J in Denver

you people are hilarious!

May 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Heero

JeeffG- When did I said something bad or "heartless" about Bret?

May 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Dan

He kept it on to cover up his hair...period

May 19, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  114. pat

I LOVE YOU BRET MICHAELS!

May 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  115. MikeMaz

Its so sad how many haters who probaby have no lives of their own. Like really what is the point of being so negative. The guy had a brain hemorage. he is famous, and part of his look/shtick is his banadana. Its something to laugh and and all...whether he wears it to hide his baldness or whatever. he always wore one so its not like its anything new. But really grow up a bit.

although I do think its silly to invoke God as his reason for surviving. As if there is a god anyway lol

May 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  116. JeffG

Heero – if being more evolved means using more of your brain and less of your heart, call me a neandrathol.

May 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  117. rexrock

I like his daughter's spin though:

"to think that my Dad wouldn’t grow up with me and walk me down the aisle, it was just really heartbreaking"

heh I'm growing up with my kids too, although I think they passed me awhile back!

May 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  118. JohnnyC

Bret wore the bandana because his long hair is a fake wig, and he didn't want people to see his bald head in the media. He may have had an aneurysm, but he was vain enough to cover up his bald head before the media was allowed in. Ask anybody...

May 19, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  119. lost sock

I was never a fan either, but like him now from Celebrity Apprentice. You can tell that is a wig under that bandana... just check the crown and part. He is fabulous anyway and is probably just having a mid-life crisis like most men his age.

May 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Billy ray Cyrus

I'd love to beat the c r a p outta this message board!!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Heero

ATHEIST ARE NOT PERFECT.... just more evolved!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Hlanders

I feel sorry for all you who have critically commented on the fact that Brett thanked God for his blessings. You obviously have never have experienced God or if you did you are too close minded to even notice. You have nothing to look forward to after death and to you every lost loved one you have had is gone forever. Before you start ranting and raving about how stupid I and others like me are, step back and think about your life and all the good things you have had. Do you honestly believe that life is driven by luck. Sure, you can have success without God, but you will never be TRULY happy without him. God was here before you and he will be here after you. Its up to you to find him. I pray for you and those like you every day. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Rachel

You know Bret is hotter than all the losers who diss him on here.

May 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  124. andrew

the bandana hides the hair extentions.

May 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Dave

Hulk Hogan is probably upset with all of this bandana exposure without him.

May 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Three Dog Mama

As to his gray hair or not, if you look at the ends, there does appear to be some gray. Also, I was a blonde and I'm not turning gray, I'm turning white. His hair very well maybe turning white. And he has got the nicest looking eyes I've seen in a long time. I'm glad he'll be around for his kids!

May 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Tiffani

WHO CARES whether or not Bret is bald??? He would still be HOT with or without hair. He's got a gorgeous face and a nice body.

May 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Zehcs

Damn I would have trade his life for Ronnie James Dio's. He was so much better than Bret...

May 19, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  129. MickMack

May 19, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Zehcs

Damn I would have trade his life for Ronnies James Dio's. He was so much better than Bret...

May 19, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Richard

I am glad he is recovering and hope he does well.

May 19, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  132. B.M.

GH...you sound a bit threaten by this "old man in the clouds". Now that is funny. If you do not believe in God or god(s) then tell us all what or who you do believe in so we can all have a laugh...come on, man, share!

May 19, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Mick Mack

No guardian angels....You just asked Jesus to give you another chance and He did! Awesome testimonial... Now, it's up to you to believe and accept Him into your heart and repent. Then, you will have sweet eternity forever! You price has been paid, it's that easy folks.

May 19, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Bruce H

Bret rocks! That said, I believe that his hair is part of the bandanna, rather that part of his head. I say this a sympathetic bald man, but make no mistake, under that bandanna is a bald head!

May 19, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Sherri

Thats his choice, fredom of choice, get a life people. Heres an idea, Go take a look at the man in the mirror. Pick him apart. You can dish it out, but I bet you cant take it. LMAO at you guys, get ove yourselves.

May 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Three Dog Mama

Why are people so mean and heartless? I don't know this guy or his music, but I am glad that he is going to be okay. My mother and eldest sister both passed away because of strokes, so I know how life-changing for the surviors strokes can be. My late husband also had suffered a stroke, but recovered. But his physical being was never the same after the stroke. If you don't have anything good to say, just keep your comments to yourself. I'm really having a hard time understanding how people can be so mean to someone that they don't even know. My brother wears a bandana around his head sort of like Bret Michaels does – and it is because he has gone bald on the top of his head. Since I haven't seen him without the bandana in many years, I have no idea how much hair he does have. Personally he could be totally bald and I wouldn't care. He is my brother and I love him.

May 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  137. bobby jay

Bret Michaels has a receding hairline he is most likely bald and wears a bandana to cover it up.

If you look at his blonde "hair" you can tell it is a weave because it looks like a young girl's Barbie hair. Remember this is a 50 year old man. He should have some gray or at the least less lustrous hair. This is a part of life and maturity.

I think he is just obsessed with being the 80's rock star he was. He is pretty talented and it is amazing how long he has lasted.

Lastly, he is a good-looking guy. If he shaved his head and kept his weight down he probably would look like David Beckham or something. But, whatevs...to each his own (hairline).

May 19, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Sugiebear

He's not my type, but when I saw him with just the bandana I thought, "whoa, he looks kind of hot." He has nice eyes and a shaved head would look good on him (not freakish like on Joey "Whoa!!: Lawrence). He needs to lose the bandana and ugly-ass hair that looks like its synthetic.

May 19, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  139. j

this is to gh: I hope you never have to call on the name of Jesus! That was the most stupid thing anyone could have wrote

May 19, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Sheryl

Damn bunch of haters on here. What's up with that? Geez!

May 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Obvious Man

Whoever said he should shave his head is not considering the fact that he will look JUST like Howie Mandel if he does.

May 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Tiffany

Just happy for him and his family. So many others do not make it.

May 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Maxton

In other news, bandana stops oil leak in Gulf.

May 19, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  144. amazed

Get a life people! For those of you who don't care, why do you read the article. If its so unimportant why waste the time and effort to post a note saying you don't care.

May 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  145. CherylS

Why do you care what gives other people comfort in times of crisis? If he prayed and it helped him, that's good enough. If you don't believe, that's fine for you, but don't ridicule others who believe differently. It's whatever gets you through.

May 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  146. buffalo

Of course he did! Gotta cover up that bald spot! Grow up!

May 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Steve

In other news, authorities announced that the sky is a light shade of blue.

May 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  148. tms

I know that daughter and myself, as fans of Bret's, prayed for his recovery. Thank God! I feel so sorry for you 'gh' all we can do is to pray for you too.

May 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Pat

Mike: Blasphemy!! How dare you blaspheme against his noodly lord FSM. He is the one true god and we, the true and righteous believers, take offense. We would never worship a pretty boy has-been rocker. Believe in FSM or else.....all others are false and phoney.

rAmen

May 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  150. CherylS

Is there any chance his hair is really attached to the bandana and not to his head?

May 19, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Laurie

Seriously, who cares why he wears a bandana?! The bottom line is the guy is a fighter and has made an amazing recovery despite the odds. And more importantly, he has spent his adult life raising money and awareness for diabetes. To all of you shallow, hateful people, consider channeling that energy towards a positive cause.

May 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  152. jmedrano

For all those joking about God–let's wait until something (even half as serious and life threatening as this) happens to you–and it will, trust me, and let's see how quickly you start to pray and believe. God is peace of mind.

May 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Cathie

So here's the deal. The guy is bald or balding and he has some hair plugs (it's been photographed before) and that's why he wears the bandana. He is so concerned about his looks that it's the first thing he thinks of–even in a life or death situation. Now here's the real kicker: He would look 100 times better if he shaved whatever's left off and just go natural! Brett, Sweetie, you're not fooling anyone... Let's be real here.

May 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  154. CynicalOne

He's got no hair up there anymore. Go out rockin'? HA....

May 19, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  155. The Bald One

Micheals is bald and the hair you do see, is extensions that are clipped on to the remaining little hair he has left. Hence, thats why the bandanna is there...to hide the clips, that are very noticable on camera. I know someone that knew one of the girls on "Rock Of Love".
    Although she had to sign a form not divulge this info, she did, and it got around here in Michigan.

May 19, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Mike

@ Samantha- BWAHAHA!!! Glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read your post; it would've shorted out my keyboard when it shot out my nose.
    My guess is that the bandana is a shroud which hides the glory of the Flying Spaghetti Monster from the sensitive eyes of its followers. Each day, the disciples of FSM turn to face Bret Michaels' forehead and prostrate themselves before the one, true (fake) Lord. No other reason to go to all the trouble of keeping it on in the hospital. Oh, wait- unless it's because he's BALD!

May 19, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  157. commentlol

he leaves the bandana on cause hes going bald. he has no hair...
    probably somekind of extensions on his bandana to make it look like he has hair...lol hes dieing and doesnt want anyone t o know he has no hair lol...

May 19, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Pat

Kept his doo-rag on, huh? If he was going to "go out", he wanted to stay his pretty-boy self, even on the morgue table. Did he keep his eye-liner on also? For all you young gals out there, here's a good motto that I followed in my youth: Don't ever date a guy prettier than you. And if you DO date a guy prettier than you and he's worried about his hair, makeup, or crowns, run the other way....

May 19, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Leslie Norris

I agree Vee. That bandana is getting old. Bret might be a nice guy but stop it already.

May 19, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  160. 80s girl

Hello, all you miserable pukes... I am a Bret fan...don't you think there is enough anger and bad news in the world... what is wrong with an up lifting story.... Shut up, get alife...
    God bless Bret and his family....

May 19, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Joel

I wonder if he is bald . i think he would look cool bald

May 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  162. mae

head bandanas...righteo, just another confirmation he's not my type!. Glad all is well though

May 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  163. ReginaM

Hell yes, he kept it on! He's a ROCK STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  164. CHRISEZ

I hope he wins on Celebrity Apprentice too - but Holly Robinson Peete is really cool too! I like them both!

May 19, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Kevin

@Josh... look out. the black helicopters are going to come get you!

May 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Frank Johnson

Bandana...dork...it's probably because he is bald underneath it. Grow up...

May 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Kevin

@Samantha... LOL.

May 19, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  168. QUINCY

he's just covering up his bald-ass head and crappy plugs

May 19, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Josh

Its amazing how many ppl believe this and dont think its a publicity stunt....

May 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Vee

Even in his possibly darkest day, his ego rules. Dont let anyone see that bald spot right?

May 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  171. couch

Don't thank god, thank the doctors that did the saving. They're the only ones listening.

May 19, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gspot

These followers actually believe that god is listening to their prayers, while he "allows" children to die of cancer every minute of every day, or that god "let's" their favorite team win while he "let's" the opposing team to lose!!! I find it all very amusing that they expect god to answer their selfish prayers.

July 11, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Valerie

Here we go again with all the "who cares" comments!

Hey, I am not a "Bret Michaels fan" but can't you just be happy for one of our brothers in this journey we call "Life"????

All I have to really say is, "Stay strong Bret! And God bless you and your family!"

May 19, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  173. morgino

Haahahah! He's not wearing that bandana cause he is "rocking", he is wearing it cause he's bald! What a tool

May 19, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Victor

Still think he wears the bandana to hide a receding hairline.

Glad to see he'll recover.

Hope this makes him give up the reality tv bs for good. He should go back to what he does best, his music.

Am I the only one who thinks Poison should put out another album before he kicks the bucket?

May 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Eric

I think Bret Michaels endeared himself to America... I never was a fan either... I am very glad he is ok. I really liked him on The Celebrity Apprentice...

May 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Samantha

Gosh Cathy I do, its all i think about, it consumes 110% of my day, I have to unleash the secret of the bandana because don't ya know beneath that bandana is the source of all knowledge? Take my hand Cathy, lets take this voyage together. K?

May 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Cathy

Who cares?

May 19, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Samantha

I wonder if he sleeps in that bandana....i wonder if he shampoos his hair with that bandana on.....bandana's are ridiculous looking.

May 19, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Maria turcios

amen to those words you are very blessed yo be alive

May 19, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Go Sharks!

Of course he did. I'm not a fan of his, but I am really glad he's ok now. I hope he wins the Apprentice, wouldn't that be a kicker!?

May 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |