May 18th, 2010

Charlie Sheen is staying with 'Two and a Half Men'

After weeks of reports claiming that Charlie Sheen was ready to move on from CBS’ “Two and a Half Men" at the end of this season, it looks like the actor has had a change of heart. Sheen signed a new contract for the show yesterday.

"To put a fitting end on the two and one-half months of whirlwind speculation, I'm looking forward to returning to my CBS home on Monday nights,” Sheen's rep, Stan Rosenfield, told CNN in a statement on behalf of the actor.

The speculation began in April with reports that Sheen wanted out of the hit series, which has been on CBS for seven seasons. Rosenfield confirmed to CNN that the actor did tell friends he was ready to make an exit, adding that Sheen’s contract with Warner Bros. was up this year although CBS has contracted the show for at least two more seasons.

At the time, Rosenfield said Sheen was looking towards new horizons. "Charlie has done this for seven years,” Rosenfield said. “There are new things to do, new challenges. He wants to do more movies, and doesn't always get the opportunities during the hiatus [of the show]."

As "Two and a Half Men" approached it’s final episode of the season, more rumors began to circulate that Sheen was using the negotiation as a way to squeeze more money out of the network. But in a statement to People, Sheen denied those rumors, saying that he’d submitted his terms for an eighth season as far back as June of 2009.

“Both parties have known the score for over a year,” Sheen said in the statement.

Filed under: Celebrities • Charlie Sheen • television

1. Dee

I am so happy Charlie is coming back I was really upset that he might leave the show – it would not be a show
    without him ! They still have lot of material they can go with – Jake still growing up and they could even
    do shows trying to "covert" Charlie and then how that would fail at times - win some and loose some ! ha ha
    I don't think he is a wife beater he picked a loser in Denise Richards and I believe he has another one –
    I am just a die hard Charlie Sheen fan – – love him – glad he will be back – and I really hope the reruns will still be
    on fox – if they have replaced them with How I met your Mother – big disappointment for me !
    I love 2 and 1/2 men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love Berta, Rose,Alan - all of the cast the Mom all of them they are all great !

June 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Holly Golightly

So why did Chuckie make a big deal out of the fact he wasn't coming back? PR? Grammar is pretty gosh darmed important in my book, especially since these peeps are getting paid to write for "America's most trusted news network"...As for those who say Chuckie's personal life doesn't matter, let's have convicted criminals as highly paid actors...how bout them apples? p.s. I saw Chuckie on Wall Street, and he was kinda cute...pps. John Hamm on Mad Men is much hotter...

May 19, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Holly Golightly

Ok, everyone should watch "Mad Men" on AMC...

May 19, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MJB

The show really is kind of funny. However here in Phoenix its on at 6-7 P.M. and lasts for an hour. Theres nothing else on anyway.

May 19, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. SP

I'm glad the show will continue with all cast members. It's a riot and is about the only show on television that makes me LOL.

May 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bobbb

Get back on that horse Charlie. The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be. Nag, nag, nag. Join the start over again club.

May 18, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. detrich

2.5 Men is still THE funniest comedy on non-cable, prime time TV...

We enjoy the show, because it's funny and it's entertainment. And, we're not watching it to criticize or pass judgement on the lives of the actors on the show... Those who want to get off criticizing or passing commentaries should watch Oprah or something else instead and leave us in peace...

May 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobby

the show is great!! but its on mondays, when football season is on i have to watch monday night football ,is there a way they can move the program to thursday,it would be awesome if the show would be on prime time more rating, but anyway i'm glad the show coming back for more..& the big bang theory is making a splash, keep it up...

May 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe B

Cindysuntime, you suck.

May 18, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Samuel

@Cindysuntime:

American citizens charged with crimes, Charlie Sheen included, are presumed innocent until proven guilty. We don't banish them from their livelihood on the basis of a mere accusation, especially when the person making that accusation later retracts it.

If you don't like the show, fine. If you don't like Sheen, fine. But please stop putting your stupidity and ignorance on display for the whole world to see.

May 18, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cindysuntime

If he were black with his record of run-ins with the law, I think we all know where he would be: under the jail. I'm white, and I know that much. It doesn't take a genius.

May 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cindysuntime

If this is not a clear indication that money outweighs everything, nothing is. He is a clear draw for this show, the producers of the show haven't the courage to try it without this loser, and, therefore, money wins. Television just keeps on setting great examples for our kids. Wake up Mrs. Sheen. If he battered you once or threatened to kill you, he'll do it again.

May 18, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gary from il

Great, he is coming back. This show is really the only show on tv that makes me laugh in this crazy world. Hey lay off this guy, he has had a lot of issues, but who hasn't. If the paparazi would just leave these people alone, the world would be a better place. Good luck Charlie.

May 18, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cindysuntime

Let's see now. Sheen alledgedly threatened his wife, she called the police and said Sheen threatened to kill her, he gets arrested and charged. Huh, this sends a clear picture to all thugs and thug wanna-be's that they can do whatever they want and still come out on top. Thanks, idiots.

May 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Carlos

The BEST show on television sets the bar for any and all comedy on TV. Let's see if I remember correctly Bill Oreilly (a Charlie Scheen hater) in 2003 "this show won't last these ultra left wing loons are just not funny"...well Bill a little off on your guess!!

May 18, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. scott

Third comment. First two not published. Screw you cnn

May 18, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. gary

Who cares. I stopped watching when he became embroiled in that Christmas assault debacle.

Just another Hollywoodie piece of S**t.

Tired of helping to support these obscene people by watching their TV personalities in prime time and affording them a lifestyle they don't deserve or appreciate.

May 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Diana

Thank you Charlie!!!!!!!!! we love you and your show, glad your staying! Your all very talented actors and actress's on the show, i laugh at everything you all say on that show, you keep us laughing, keep it going!

May 18, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. K

Nices, I want to know how you are 30...And rich...And yet you claim to be retired from the military...Did you enlist at age 10 and achieve a paygrade that we know nothing about?...

May 18, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Nanette Hayakawa

Love this show!! Charlie Sheen is absolutely the BEST I'm so happy things worked out for everyone!

May 18, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Cliff

Larry says, "We all need a job. His is beating spouses and moonlighting as a TV person."

The sad thing is the fact that so many people "accept" this from the liberal wackos of La-La Land.

Their "respective start" didn't mean to do it or was provoked, or was drunk or was________________(fill in the blank)!

No responsibility for their actions. The new American way.
    God forbid we should question their actions...even at the expense of one being hurt. These "wackos" are special and we need to give them more "space" than "ordinary" people!

May 18, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dave

BTW,
    If you don't care, why do you post?

May 18, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dave

Awesome! Watched 3 episodes (2 re-runs) last night!!
    I want to be "Charlie." It seems I always end up being "Alan." HA
    Jake is Jake. He'll end up landing on his feet just like "Charlie."

May 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Gina

LAUGHTER THERAPY – That's what the show is to me – Doesn't matter how many times I watch a rerun of a rerun (and I watch them 7 nights a week), I'm in tears by the end – Doesn't get much better than that!!

May 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JohnNLNK

2 1/2 men without Charlie would be like Big Bang Theory without Sheldon. Two of the best sit coms I have watched in a long time.
    How sad that the posters here have resorted to insults and name calling just because they don't happen to agree with another person's comment. Time to grow up!

May 18, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bryce

Two more seasons? I can't believe it's lasted this long. This show has never been funny and will continue to do just that. You want real comedy? Tune in to "30 Rock," "Modern Family," or "The Office."

May 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Chad

Squab!

May 18, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Larry

We all need a job. His is beating spouses and moonlighting as a TV person.

May 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. shirley

I have never watch this show who really cares if it stay on one commenter is right how could this wife beater still be on t.v what woman
    want to which as one i would not watch anything he is in.

May 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sandy

I thought the show was great until I heard about the domestic violence issues with Sheen. Now I can't stand to see his face. Personally, I am currently boycotting this show. I think movie stars should step back and stay out of the public eye until they get their issues resolved.

May 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JOHN

Brian you suck. I agree with Derecon, Why did you read the article then? If one of these members of the show (Charlie, Allan, Jake, Evelyn or Bertha) ever decide to leave the show, then no more 21/2 men. These 5 characters are just great. Great we have another season. I love it

May 18, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ladislav Nemec, Big Bear, CA

My favorite show that CANNOT survive without Charlie Sheen. Some episodes are better than others – yesterday I enjoyed the surreal marijuana intoxication of poor Charlie, the farting contest on the way to Sacramento not that much...

Well, nothing is 100%. Will Chelsea come back? We are anxious to know although Charlie the philanderer is much more fun than almost -married Charlie or Charlie in depression.

Berta is the best. Looking forward to another season.

May 18, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jen

to quote the most awesome comment from the no-more-Law-&-Order article:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

May 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Doozle

Thanks Charlie. If it makes any difference, yours is the only sitcom I go out of my way to watch. The reason for this is simple, no one writes them or directs them like your gifted team on Two & a half men. Your show is the only one that actually makes me laugh out loud while watching it. Time was a lot of sitcom's would do this but not anymore. Before I go to bed each night I watch a rerun episode of your show, its important for me to end my day on a lighter note. Your shows allows me to go to bed with a smile on my face. So I hope you will stay on with the show until Jake does graduate.
    Many thanks again for saying yes to another year or so because without you and your show life will become more humorless.

May 18, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ron

Anyone who doesn't think this show is funny,
    either has no sense of humour or is brain dead

May 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. nanakay

I love 2 1/2 Men, and am so glad that Charlie is returning to the show. But since Jake has grown up, Alan has taken over the 1/2-man role. Seems like the older Jake gets, the more childish Alan gets. I don't like his character, and would not miss him if he left.
    My husband & I think "Big Bang" is the funniest thing on TV in years!!

May 18, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. trish Callahan

Yeah! Charlie and his show are the funniest thing on tv and has been for years. He is a natural. Not some slap stick crap of sit-coms of years gone by. It all comes off like we are peeking in on their lives rather than being asked to believe the garbage they used to write for other big name comics. No hesitation in the script, waiting for the reaction to anything. Just rolls along with its own cadance. Good for Charlie.....I would hate Monday nights without "Two & a Half Men. Am also enjoying the nightly reruns. I could watch them 24/7.

May 18, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Cliff

Was there EVER any doubt about Sheen returning to the show?
    With the price of drugs increasing no way he is gonna pass on a big contract!

May 18, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. rhiannon

Great to hear you will be back, Charlie! Yours is the only funny show on TV. Now, if they would just get rid of that annoying Chelsea character.....

May 18, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Hugh in California

@TriumPatriot,
    Love your impersonation of Jack in "The Shining!" You should seek professional help. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!" :)

What Charlie Sheen does in his personal life is between him, his soon to be ex-wife, his lawyer, the judge and/or a jury of his peers. His acting is another thing, and I give him a big thumbs up!

May 18, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. moviebuff10

I'm so glad he's not leaving. I fell in love with that show with the episode" The soil is moist". I was in tears with that episode, since then I look forward to every episode that comes on even in re-runs.
    I really find it very funny and glad that I can laugh for another two more years. GLAD IT'S BACK ON. THE CHARACTERS ON THAT SHOW REALLY ROCK!

May 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dave

It's a good show, but the older episodes are better in my opinion. It seems to be past its prime. Still amusing. I like Big Bang Theory much, much better. That show is hilarious! And they just cancelled The New Adventures of Old Christine – that sucks. That was a good show too!

May 18, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Twiggy

I am glad to hear Charlie will be staying. I don't really care about his personal life. Some media groups tend to bend the truth so I never know what to believe. I have to agree with fellowoldfart in that Alan is the greater actor but it takes the full cast to make it so entertaining. Great cast, great writing, great show.

May 18, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bromious

Thanks Charlie!!! The show just wouldn't be the same without you.

May 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mike

Awesome! Monday night on CBS has become "must see TV". Other than SportCenter, TAAHM and Big Bang Theory are the only shows we watch regularly. Gotta say that Chelsea needs to go, though. Charlie move on!!

May 18, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mona

Am glad the show is continuing. Altho' I think Sheen is a total butt
    head! He has hurt so many people including his own children...how
    this network allowed him to continue is beyond me. Tiger got it in
    spades, but as usual, Charlie just seems to get away with all his
    shennigans. Wonder what will happen at his court date coming up,
    perhaps the judicial system can smack him a good one. Cryer &
    Angus deserve better!

May 18, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Sunny

If they can afford to pay Charlie $2 million per episode, how much money is the show making per episode? Would be interesting to know it. I tried to google, but no direct result.

May 18, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Des

I've loved this show for years and I've seen every episode. I'm glad that he's returning. I just wish that they'd work on the writing now. The show has been going downhill lately in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of watching Charlie sulk in "after Chelsea" blues. Bring Mia back, or better yet, bring back the string of hot one night stands. If he's going to settle down, let it happen in the series finale two years from now.

May 18, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. veronica

I love the show and enjoy it so much!
    It makes me laugh so much, is matter of having sense of HUMOR
    THANK YOU CHARLIE!!
    THE 3 of you are a good
    ready for more
    TWO AND HALF MEN!!

May 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Byteme7

Love the show! It's freeki'n funnie. Glad to see that Charlie will be back.
    BTW: Who is Brian?

May 18, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Dale

This show should be called 3 men, the little kid in the first episode of the show is no long a cute and smart mouthed kid, he is bigger than Charlie Sheen and should be given equal billing.

May 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Curt99

Congratulations even.

May 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Weiler

Very funny show. I think Charlie has some issues but love the show. It is hilarious!!

May 18, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  54. BLUE LEADER

IT'S a very funny show. I love ITS witty banter. (Is this correct? , please help me I went thru the Imperial public school system.

May 18, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. pepinium

Great news, this is one of the best written shows in television and the humor is cutting edge and not fit for prudes. The chemistry among the characters is great and there is no way the show could possibly survive without Charlie. Lets hear it for Political Incorrectness!!

May 18, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Curt99

Ongratulations Charlie. You just put the smile back on our faces. Best of Luck with everything.

May 18, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Akron Steve

Thank you PiercedPsycho for articulating what I wasn't able to.

What are you doin' tonight?

You know, sometimes I really crack myself up!

May 18, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. jackback68@msn.com

Brian;
    Why do you bother to comment on something you've never seen? Duuuh....
    Good news! Still the funniest show on network TV.

May 18, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  59. teresa

I am glad Charlie is staying on the show. The first time I watched
    I could not get into the show, but after the first time, I have continued to watch it and even watch the re-runs. It gets better each time.
    I faithfully watch it every night. In regards to his personal life, that
    is just it, it is personal and the news media takes everything out of
    preportion. How many stars don't do what they said he did. Not too many I am sure. You can't let that kind of thing cloud your judgement
    about a show. I highly recommend the show.

May 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  60. PiercedPsycho

The apostrophe in "it's" is grammatically correct because "it's" while usually referring to the contraction of "it is" is also a possessive-which it is in this case. The "it's" refers to the final episode, which belongs to "Two and a Half Men"

May 18, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  61. BLUE LEADER

Roger that Luke... starting my attack run....

May 18, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Luke Skywalker

Brian is a scruffy headed Nurf herder.

May 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Tawny

BRIAN: Yeah so boring they're paying him well over 1 mil per episode and its in the top ten of most popular TV shows...Yeah just such a lame show. If that's boring to YOU then you must be a pretty DULL individual aye?

ERIC: Maybe you should do a tad bit of research and you'd find that Sheen's wife is just as much of a drunk and was equally responsible for the physical altercation.

May 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  64. nancy

I may the only person alive who cannot stand Charlie Sheen. I find him not funny and frankly disgusting. I stopped watching "Two and Half Men" because of him. What I find most interesting about this show is the fact that with all the problems that he has had with women and alcohol in his personal life that they almost always show him with a different woman and a beer in his hand. He is condensing to all around him, which only mirrors his personal life. Oh well, that is just my opinion and I do not watch the show anyway.

May 18, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Luke Skywalker

hukt on fonix wurkt fur me!!!! :)

May 18, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Akron Steve

Brian is a dolt, who cares?

May 18, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Greg

Great show, never miss watching, love all the characters, and am very happy it will continue. Thank you CBS and my advise to Brian is to change channels and keep quiet.

May 18, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Luke Skywalker

Just imagine the hell they are going thru with the Imperial Life Insurance Co.

May 18, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Akron Steve

You can "kiss" your sister in France! Really, it's OK! Notice the correct use of the apostrophe? And spelling too! Don't you just love us college graduates?

May 18, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Luke Skywalker

I think he is still waiting on the insurance check after that little mishap... oops. :o)

May 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Judy

The personal lives of Charlie, Tiger or David are just that.. thier own personal lives. The decisions of the the networks to continue them on television or the companies to continue them as endorsements are based on public demand and profit. It may be a double standard of sorts but the people speak and dictate the decisions that are made.

I love the show, always have and watch reruns everyday. The whole Monday night line up is good and most especially the Big Bang Theory. We need a little korn and laughter to give us a boost before the late news comes on...

May 18, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Akron Steve

Use the Force Luke, find your Dad! The Dark One owes me money too for work I did on his big moon!

May 18, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Emipen

I didn't think Charlie could be replaced until I saw "State of Play" recently. Now I'm thinking...Jason Bateman!

May 18, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Luke Skywalker

Why didn't someone tell me I was kissing my sister?

May 18, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. brett

Brian, just because the show's humor goes way over your head, does not mean that it is a bad show. Perhaps Sesame Street woul dbe more to your liking???

May 18, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JEDI KNIGHT

My jedi mind tricks apparently worked on Mr. Sheen... "You DO NOT want to leave CBS. You are looking forward to return to your CBS home..."

May 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Kate

Yea! Love the show!!!!!! But please bring Rose back...

May 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  78. DARTH VADDER

HOOOO HAAAAAA HOOOOO HAAAAA

May 18, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Luke Skywalker

Anyone seen my dad around? he owe's me twenty bucks...

May 18, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Akron Steve

Right On, and turn off your computer targeting system! Use the Force, Luke!

May 18, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  81. RED LEADER

Not so fast TIE FIGHTER!! RED LEADER standing by...

May 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  82. corky

Glad Charlie is coming back. The show is great, and all of the characters are perfect. However did not think Chelsea was Charlie's type. He needs a fun-loving girl, not one that is his complete opposite. Someone quirky maybe. Love Berta, she rocks.

May 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Kathy

I am so glad Charlie will continue the show! This show is one of the best on TV, it always makes me laugh.

May 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  84. TIE FIGHTER

Comin' to get you BLUE LEADER!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Akron Steve

Hey Dave, shouldn't you be in church right now? Or did all of the molestations get to you? No wonder there is a decline in church membership, look at the headlines!

May 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  86. jbarr

CBS has the best comedies on tv and Two and a Half Men is one of the funniest. Charlie Sheen does a good job on the show and he is a funny man. Having said that, Charlie Sheen the man is an idiot who should keep his mouth shut and his hands off of his women.

May 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Calm Dog

Good show, but they're going to have to change the name to "Three Men". It's time.

May 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Norm

Awesome Charlie....way to go.
    Love this show. True men stuff. Womanizing, drinking, open farting....what more could you ask for. Hope there's many years to come. Charlie is my idol.

May 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Akron Steve

Blue Leader you are too funny, thanks for making me laugh so hard! Seriously, with all this harshness about a tv show, that some of us love and obviously some of you hate, even though perhaps you have never watched it before (?) I have to hand it to Blue Leader for being funny. Almost as good as "our" show!

May 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Holly Golightly

Me thinks Charlie likes to behave horribly, beat women, get away with it, and still keep prospering...

May 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. dave

Sheen is lucky to have a job, considering all the negativity that has gone on in his life. 30 years ago, if he displayed any of that type of behavior, he'd have been fired because the audience had morals. Thanks to the decline in church membership and poor parenting, Charlie has a job.

May 18, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  92. BLUE LEADER

Blue leader standing by...

May 18, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  93. kit8

Charlie I am glad you are back playing someone whose life is not as screwed up as your own. Anything that can keep you from jail or beating up your latest wife is good enough for me.

May 18, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jason from Hollywood

Wow, more great success for Charlie Sheen.

I look forward to him chasing around other family members with a knife this christmas, maybe they can make an episode about it...

May 18, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Nashvilledeb

One of the best sitcoms to ever air, thanks to Charlie, Jon Cryer and the rest of the supurb cast and the excellent comedy writers. I'll look forward to seeing you in future episodes Charlie. Glad to see that you're hanging in there. You go, guy!

May 18, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Jan

Don't know what we'd do on Monday evening if it wasn't watching 2 1/2 Men and The Big Bang Theory. Two great shows and so glad that Charley and Alan will be back for another season

May 18, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  97. fellowoldfart

This is the most disgusting, filthy, degenerate show ever aired and I will continue to watch it to the bitter end. I love it. Big Bang is also hilarious and what makes both shows is the perfect melding of the cast much like Mash 4077 was. I have the most admiration for Alan on 2 1.2 men because he has a greater range of acting ability than Charlie. Yes, bring back Kandi. Brian, your shorts are too tight. In the new world of no caps and no punctuation, it is refreshing to see a debate between "its" and "it's"

May 18, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Barb

Toooo....funny glad they are coming back!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Akron Steve

Hey David, BLOW ME!

May 18, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Huge Fan

Hey ficheye, maybe you should unwind a little try a some humor in your life. WOW, pretty boring.

May 18, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  101. mfr

Between June 2009 and May 2010 we only have 11 months and not 'over a year'. I think that the longer this show goes on, the more boring it becomes, JMHO.

May 18, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sithlord71

And back at you, FredHere. Mwehehe,,,

May 18, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  103. David

Um, Steve, do you always conduct a 'spellcheck' on people's comments? You poor turd, get a life.

May 18, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Spackler

Love the sick perverted humour. Glad to hear I'll still get my fix for the next year or two.

May 18, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  105. FredHere

That's Berta, dummy!

May 18, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Mike

Outstanding!! This show is hilarious and I'm glad it will be on for another season.

May 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Akron Steve

Boy, that Brian guy is a pretty smart guy, eh? Thanks Brian, For your "valuable" insight!

May 18, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. FredHere

This show has become a classic.....much like The Three Stooges, when I was a "kid". You couldn't ask for a better cast. Keep up the good work.

May 18, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Sithlord71

Does that mean I'm gonna be seeing more of the hottest chick on TV, Bertha? Yay!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jim Fawcett

Thanks Charlie!! You're my hero. Best show on TV, hands down.

May 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Lulu

Before a big to do happens over my spelling I meant to tell TriumPatriot
    to GET A LIFE!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Huge Fan

Great show! Love it! Even on my worst days, it makes me laugh.

By the way, there is ALWAYS two sides to every story and remember, no body is perfect, every body has something their not proud of!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. phil

Jeff...exactly what comedies do yo think are funny? I would venture to guess you are a pretty boring guy. Sheen is hiliarous in this series. Crawl back into your hole.

May 18, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Lulu

TriumPatriot

You have too much time on your hands....et a life

May 18, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Terry

Good! We love this show and the actors involved.

May 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  116. naomi

I have always enjoyed the show and my family will continue to watch as long as they keep filming. Thanks Charlie!

May 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  117. BobBobberson

As a hillbilly, I take offense to many of your comments people. And now me, my wife (who also happens to be my first cousin) and our goat will go home to enjoy our government cheese and homemade moonshine where we feel more welcome. Hmmph (y'all)!

May 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Allen_Shore

OMG, give it a rest with the punctuation debate. Its not that big of a deal, for crying out loud.

May 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Tuffyturf

The best part of the show is at the end, when the producer puts up his Chuckism – it is briefly on the screen and you need a DVR to freeze it and read it, but they are soo funny. In case you missed them, you can read them here at:

May 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Charlotte

Totally aside from whether this is news or not, CNN, PLEASE hire some competent copy editors! Inexcusable for you to be posting third-grade level mistakes on what is supposedly a professional jourrnalistic website. The posessive form of "it," meaning, "belonging to it," does NOT have an apostrophe in it. Spelling the word with an apostrophe makes it into a contraction of "it is," rather than "belonging to it." This is such a low-level mistake you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

May 18, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Lynn

Horrible show, horrible actor.

May 18, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Ruthie

Hey, I'm glad he's staying on. I like the show. Might as well stay on, I didn't know that there that many movies he was missing out on?

May 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  123. ficheye

The most entertaining posts were about the missing apostrophe. Then there was the guy looking for love, telling hot young babes who want a rich (and annoying) older partner to check out his web page.

And then there's all the folks who think that Sheen is funny. They get mad if someone says he isn't. Does everyone who likes this show like to watch reruns of Friends? God help us all. I would DEFINITELY watch PBS instead of watching pavlovian reflex laugh shows.

There. Did I leave out any apostrophes? This is the entertainment page where the quasi-intelligencia come to roost. Where's Waldo? He's hiding in your shorts with that apostrophe!

May 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  124. IZIT FRIDAYYET

GLORIA ~i have to respectfully disagree that the show is the "funniest EVER. do you remember the show "RODNEY" (2005-2007) starring rodney carrington? if you have never seen it buy it on dvd. it only ran for 2 seasons and each season can be bought on dvd (4 discs each season) for less then $20 on ebay or at amazon.com eye watering, drink spitting funny!!!

May 18, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  125. he's an accident waiting to happen

of course charlie is staying with the hand that feeds him – no one else would have him cuz he sux

May 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Elizabeth

Crap! Can you imagine how many men would be out of work if the men that beat their wives would lose their jobs??? I think everyone knows that someone can be a complete ass as a person and be kickass in their job. It's two different things!!! Also money talks in this world.

May 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Mike

Tiger lost and endorsement then had a new one paying the same amount ready to sign him up. He company pulled back because by pulling it they get more attention then a logo on a bag/hat...

May 18, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Allen_Shore

Do you want to know what I'd do for a million dollars a week? (you don't want to know)

May 18, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  129. DogLvr61

And the only time an apostrophe is appropriate when using "its" is when it is a contraction for 'it is", ergo, it's wrong in this article.

May 18, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  130. serge78

Only good show out of a pile of reality CR*P.

May 18, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  131. IZIT FRIDAYYET

i heard on the radio this morning that charlies new contract is for $2 million per episode. the show averages 24 episodes per season at 22 minutes each. think about that folks...$48 million per year to "act" .
    ACT: 1.behavior intended to deceive or impress 2. to pretend
    almost anybody could do what sitcom actors/actresses do~ read something that was written by someone else while expressing the appropriate emotion. funny show, but, SERIOUSLY?!?!?

May 18, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Cheryl

The show has become very boring and bad – last year it went down hill – writers have lost their edge – show was great until last year – they need to end the show or get new writers !!!!

May 18, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  133. DogLvr61

So glad he's coming back. I watched the show last night and belly laughed. It's hilarious.

May 18, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Gloria

Funniest show ever! Wouldn't be the same without Charlie! His personal life has nothing to do with his acting.

May 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Go Charlie

We like the shpw but it loses it's comedy when you realize that the semi-alcolholic Charlie plays on the show is sadly his real personage.

We hope Charlie Sheen BEATS his addiction problems! Perhaps if they turned his character on the show into a reformed upright citizen.....maybe that would rub off on the REAL Charlie!

Good luck Charlie. But...no more 'Hot Shots' sequels ok???

May 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Susan

Thanks Charlie. I really enjoy your shows. I even watch your re-runs and laugh so hard. Your show is the only show that I laugh so hard that I have tears. Once again, thank you.

May 18, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  137. JB

@Brian – Wow, if you're not watching CBS you're basically not watching 3/4 of actually interesting TV on any more. Other than Castle ABC has nothing(Grey's is terrible now and Private Practice is watchable but not recordable) and while NBC has Trauma, Chuck and Community their lineup pales in comparison to what CBS has to offer – USA and TNT are both creating shows better than most of what ABC and NBC are putting out so maybe you don't need any more filler but Fox only provides so much with Bones so I'd think you're wasting time on Bravo/MTV/Lifetime if you've completely forsaken CBS.

May 18, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Barbara

Brian..I'm just curious...what network do you watch?

May 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  139. street smart

CW instead of giving the $$ he makes to the people responsible for the clean up of the Gulf he should instead use his pent up rage to slap each and everyone of them. Let them use the money they have been making off the iraq war instead. And if they do use their own $ slap em up side their head anyways

May 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  140. TriumPatriot

THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS! THIS SHOW SUCKS!

May 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  141. andrew

@Lee

"May 18th, 2010 11:30 am ET

Steve Metz May 18th, 2010 11:04 am ET

"As 'Two and a Half Men' approached it’s final episode..." should be "its."

Actually "it's" is correct as the use of the word "it" is as a possesive reference of the "final episode" for 'Two and a Half Men' thus justifying the apostrophe."

ACTUALLY Lee, the possessive word "its" never has an apostrophe (this is one of the all too common exceptions to the rule in english) however the contraction form "it's" formed from "it is" is proper.

May 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Ryan

I am soooooo happy to hear this news! Charlie, I have loved this sitcom since its inception, and followed every episode. It is very funny and hope it sticks around for a while. :) I hope there will be more Rose appearances, too. She is hilarious!

May 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Kitty

Yay!!

May 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Alpine21

Brian-your taste is so far up your butt that only your proctologist can find it. Charlie rules!

May 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Rick

As Charlie would say "I understand"... Glad that Charlie and the "men" will return for more humor.

May 18, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  146. John

One of the best show on T.V.

May 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  147. marge

I am soooo glad–this is the ONLY comedy on TV that I watch and get such a kick even if I have seen the show a dozen times

May 18, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  148. John

One ofthe best show on tv.

May 18, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Jason

I am glad this show is returning. I am ever hopeful that Jake will stop being a stupid kid and realize that if he wants to make something out of his life he needs a good education.

May 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  150. CBS Executive

I love this show & don't care about Charlies personal life. Although it does sound like 'art immitates life'. To capture more of Charlies true esence the producers are planning an episode in which Charlie assualts his girlfriend and then goes on a drinking binge that culminates in a multi vehicle accident...............Charlie picks up a girl he meets in the ambulance.....the whole things really funny! Oh sorry thats his real life.

May 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Nikki O

Finally some good news! We love 2 and half men –very funny show!

May 18, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Doug

Love the show. Glad they got rid of Chelsea, the show was going down quickly with her in it. She was NOT funny at all and was a major buzz kill on the show. The show the other night was HILARIOUS! Keep em coming!

May 18, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Billy

I saw the episode last night where Charlie got medical marijuanna (Yes I can't spell it), anyway what was his medical reason for getting it or are they just giving it to anyone who gives them money?

May 18, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Ben

Brian's remark was ridiculous....CBS has been the leader for the last TV
    in ratings.....so they can't be boring......it has the majority of market in all
    demographocs

May 18, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Alan

Great! The show is really funny, and I look forward to it every Monday. Cryer and Sheen do an outstanding job, along with everyone else. Is Rose off for good?

May 18, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Don

Gret show! Primo cast!! Thank you Charlie for coming back and allowing us to see more of your unique comedy and talent!

May 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Anthony

Josh:

STFU. The difference is that TW is black and is punished by a racist white public for transgressions while Charle sheen is white( or preceived as such) and is rewarded by that same publicfor behavior that is criminal.

Are you seriously going to defend CBS retaining the serial abuser, rapist Charlie Sheen? Where are all those moaralist who were after TW 's head?

No wonder the world is getting tired of this racist white hypocrisy.

May 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  158. PauletteB

The comment about the characters not looking like brothers is ridiculous. Not all siblings look alike (Emilio's a dirty blond). Not everyone's family tree is just a trunk.

Glad Charlie's staying . . . could do without Cryer though. He gets more annoying by the moment.

May 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  159. nices

It has been 1 years alrealdy since i retired from the military. I'm 30 ,rich but
    still single.It's hard to get a girlfriend in my town ,most of them like my money
    more than like me.Ijust want to find my true love.so i uploaded my hot photos on
    agelover . c om under the name of sammy561.It's the best club for seeking
    young or old hot guys .if you girls see
    this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one who
    i'm looking for!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  160. billy

stupid show for stupid people.

May 18, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Wayne

How funny that someone would wonder how much this "change of heart "cost CBS? Obviously not enough to make them say no. Besides, CBS really needs this show since they have so few. I'm sure CBS is making more money off this show alone than the banks can hold for them. So why shouldn't the star who holds the show together get a hefty salary?

But, when will Allen finally come out of that closet he's been in for the last seven years? The change in character could surely breathe new life into the fabric of the show.

May 18, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Steve

Bring back Candi!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Sebastian

"As "Two and a Half Men" approached it’s final episode of the season"

It's wrong to use "it's" that way. It's "its"

May 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  164. slorgg

TV is for brain-dead zombies...

May 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Sheila

I dont like sitcoms and rarely watch anything on any of the major networks. However, Three and a Half Men is an exception!!! This show is HILARIOUS!!!! Im so glad he is staying!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Andy

Josh, you are the idiot. Bad boy or not... don't hit your wife. The people you admire says a lot about yourself.

May 18, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Nancy

Love the show – I love that they are able to use adult humor and get away with it on CBS!!! And Charlie, you are the hero we all love to hate. Wouldn't want you in my family, but love you on TV. And Jon Cryer – glad you got work after Pretty in Pink. We were worried about you!

May 18, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Thomas Rowley

Thanks Charlie! This is THE best sitcom on television. Even though it has been on for several years now, it's just hitting stride. Every character is a riot and the laughs never stop. I look forward to another season!

May 18, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  169. josh

Eric, you are an idiot.
    Listen and listen carefully.
    The differences between TW and CS is that TW played a good role model as a part of his image to kids/public. CS on the other hand is not. He's in fact known as a bad boy of Hollywood. Case close!
    Knowing before speaking! Use your brains!
    Two and a half men ROCKS!
    Don't judge before you watch it!

May 18, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Fedweb

I've been a fan of the show from the beginning, but if it is to come back for another season or more, the writing needs to improve drastically. This past season the plots have been so embarrassingly silly that I've begun to wish they would end it.

May 18, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Mark

The show is just like his life, a rich man that sleeps around with women, is an alcoholic and doesn't care about what he does.

May 18, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Brad

who cares what charlie does in his personal life. I'm sure his wife wasn't perfect either. Point is, who cares, I could care less if he beats his wife, all I care about, is a good show. I'm tuning in to laugh, not because I care about him or his wife, or his kids. I got enough problem of my own, that I don't care to worry about other peoples problems.

May 18, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  173. JUSTME

Great news! It is the funniest comedy ever. Who cares about his personal life. Better now that Chelsey is not a main character. But come on people the kid, the mother , the housekeeper, are funny.

May 18, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Brooklyn59

This show is hilarious. Charlie is great in it only because it's him to a tee. His perspective on life and women is what a lot of men wish for but never attain. Just look at Alan.

May 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Hitesh

This show is one of the funniest on TV..been a fan since the start and it still is enjoyable to watch...thanks Charlie for sticking around the show would not be the same without you!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  176. debbie

I love this show, the only one I watch on a regular basis anymore! Great news!

May 18, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  177. barry g

The program probably has some of the best writing in the industry. The actors play well against themselves and that is why the program is successful. Yes Charlie is the center of attention, but that is what makes the show! Try watching the Big Bang Theroy right after Two and one half Men. Writing is just as good and the program rocks!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  178. playanother

of course he's staying; dude found his nitch before this show he was a Horrid movie actor.

May 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Julie

For the women that hasn't watched the new shows...your missing out. Still hilarious.

May 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Jeff

Awesome!!!!!!! This is one of my favorite shows. Cryer and Sheen do an outstanding job. And man alive, this show is packed with hotties! Beautiful women everywhere. I especially love the ditsy, redhead. God what I would do to her. Bring her back more and put her in less clothing, more often.

Greatness!

May 18, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Lou

But won't this take time away from his search for proof of a government conspiracy on 911? The guy's a wfe beating idiot who shines in the double standard for the hollywood retards!

May 18, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  182. JR

I am so glad that he is staying on the show! Wouldn't be the same without him! I don't care what he does in his personal life, nobody knows what really happened except him and his lunatic wife! And to the lady who said the show is dumb and the kid is like 25 now....YOU'RE wrong...Angus Jones is really only 16 years old.... GO CHARLIE!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Sharon

the psychiatrist is Jane Lynch who is now on Glee so I doubt that she will be back but I loved her character. She is great on Glee. She's a great actress and really the only reason I watch Glee!

May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Priscila Thomas

Alright, love the show and the cast....Excellent choice Charlie

May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Marie

Good show..BUT, how much longer do you think it really has? I mean..2 and a Half Men..Jake is taller than them both. And he will be out of high school soon.

May 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  186. ChrisM

Great show, great cast. Wouldn't be the same without any of them including Berta and Evelyn. Hope there will be more shows with the psychiatrist too – she's a hoot as well. Keep up the good work everyone!

May 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Albert

I think the difference between Charlie and Tiger is Charlie admits to his faults and doesn't hide from them. You know what you are getting with Charlie. With Tiger, he portrayed himself as something he is not.

I like them both faults and all.

May 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  188. millie

Chalie Sheen sounds like half a man to me. Do the other two really want him back?

May 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  189. David G. Stern

I'm glad Charlie made the decision to return. Would not have been the same without him. The last few seasons have been tough as Jake has grown so much. But I think they have weathered the changes and with him a young adult, there is so much more they can write about.

Here's to a lot more laughs.

May 18, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Sharon

THE funniest show on television!

May 18, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Mr. Wilson

I wonder how much this "change of heart" cost CBS.

May 18, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Michael.Shea

I'm glad that Charlie Sheen is remaining on the show. Ihave been watching the show since its been on the air. However because of the language and descriptiviness that is used even by Jake, the boy, I believe it should be aired later in the evening when the kids are in bed.

May 18, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Kevin

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. To most guys, Charlie is a god. Helping his family but still living life on his terms, and doing whatever he wants. We should all be so lucky.

May 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Tom

For comedy I would rate Big Bang as #1 and Two and a Half Men as #2. It's far superior to The Office. I keep watching that show and wonder "Do people actually laugh at this?"

May 18, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  195. cw

Hay Charlie, How about giving some of that $$ you make **per episode** to battered women clinics, huh? I hear the folks fighting that oil spill could use some $$ too while you're at it....

May 18, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Andrea Baker

It IS one of the funniest shows-the writers are brilliant! We watch a station with the re-runs every night of the week at our house! You go Charlie!

May 18, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Erik

Network shows are a poor 3rd place after Cable and the Weather channel. Network execs should all be working as used car sales persons.

May 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  198. CATom

Thanks be to god because I was really worried about this. NOw what they need to do is find another kid to play the sone of the two gay guys on this show. The kid they have now used to be funny and cute but now he is fat and annoying. Watching a teenager try to act like a 10yr w/ 2 gay dads is not funny.

May 18, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Jim

Ii'm so glad. this is the best thing on TV. I try to watch it everyday. They've got to have the best writers out there.

May 18, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Jake

This is one of the best shows ever...nbc has crappy shows and i hope they tank.. Charlie rules and i am soooo glad that they got rid of chealsey.. now all they have to do is stop mentioning her in the show.. and also put allen on a diet, he looks horrible. and bring back judith, rose and mia... TWO and a HALF men RULES!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  201. rivstyx

It is actually 2 and 17/18ths men at this point. One more season and they will have to change the name to 3 men. Then one of them will have a baby which opens the door for Ted Danson to finally replace Charlie Sheen.

May 18, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Robert

Good news. I'm glad. The show ROCKS but please please bring Chelsey back in more episodes....hubba hubba!!!! haha

May 18, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Cindy

Thank goodness....Charlie Sheen is one funny guy...so is Jon Cryer...they make a WONDERFUL team!!!!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Sissy

Cap'n, you may be right about the ratings game now, but Two and a Half Men has been on long time and has always had great ratings. I don't think CBS would be paying Sheen's big salary if they didn't think the show was worth it.

Bud, I agree, we want more of Evelyn!

May 18, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  205. cindy1968

Jeff ~ if you don't like the show, fine. That doesn't give you any right to put down those that do watch. Turn on your favorite show on PBS and leave us alone while we are laughing out loud.

Jay Howard ~ keep your political statements to yourself, this is the "Entertainment" page. And while I find pretty much anything that GWB did hilarious, many don't, and this isn't the forum for it.

Honestly, did anyone really expect Charlie to walk from a bizzilion dollars an episode? He has an ex-wife (probably 2 now) and 18 kids to support now! He can't do that on unemployement. He needs to work, keep his name on a show (and out of the tabloids), and make nice with the other people. I LOVE this show and I'm glad to see him come back.

May 18, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Paul

Show is funnest TV show since "I Love Lucy". It just makes you laugh!

Sheen and his supporting actors a great. All these shows about death, dying, court rooms, police and hospitals, not to mention all the "family" shows, that try to be politically correct and "teach" us a moral lesson, are just down right depressing and boring.

Looking forward to grabbing my side from laughing so hard while watching a new episode of "Two and Half Men".

May 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Bug

Bridget, I am sure most network officials at CBS hope people ignore your well thought out advice. I am confident those folks would rather get feedback on their show and insights to retain their audiences verses having those audiences stop viewing.

May 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  208. P. Small

I thought this guy was up on serious wife beating charges? Or he gets out of that too? Unbelieveable how these celebrities get out of serious charges.

May 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Duane

Hmmm....perhaps I should build up a reputation for abusing women. Perhaps then I could become the star of a popular sitcom and be paid millions.

May 18, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  210. wm scot

Great news ! Now keep 24 on and do not kill JACK !

May 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  211. jo an

I'm hooked...I love this show....the best writing for sure and the best acting. Charlie get your act together so we can enjoy you for years to come.

May 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Bridget

Thank goodness...I love this show. For the people who don't like it or thinks its geting boring DON'T WATCH IT!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Jeff

The show hit a new low on the episode that aired May 17. They've done flatulence jokes before, but the contest between Jake and Allan suggests the writers are running out of ideas. That said, I loved the flashbacks with Charlie and his old flames.

May 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Elle

Bug – I'm glad you enjoy it, my family and I have watched it a few times and found it to be real boring. To each his own.

May 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Elle

Bug – I'm glad you enjoy it, my family and I have watched it a few timea and found it to be real boring. To each his own.

May 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Oscar

opposed...it's spelled opposed...that doesn't make all men idiots....

May 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Bug

Elle, My wife, daughter and I watch Big Bang all the time. We find Sheldon's ability to deadpan his humor a real treat and a real talent.

May 18, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Deni

Good. I've watched the reruns numerous times and they still crack me up.

May 18, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  219. V.

Rose is back! Now it's going to be a better show!

May 18, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Elle

Jay Howard – Whatttttttt?

May 18, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  221. thrash

I like the show but I agree – it is a bit stale. TV execs don't like to try anything different – unless they're in the cellar like NBC right now. But I guess I understand if I had my ass on the line with ratings like they do (or should if I were a share holder).
    I'm not sure why someone's personal life issues should really matter – I mean, we're not holding him as some kind of role model or are some people doing that? hmmm –

May 18, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  222. Oscar

I appreciate Charlie Harper's man-centric view of life, as apposed to the misandric viewpoint of most shows. But is this the only show TV can come up with that has a man's perspective on things? Is it really this or "the man show"? We deserve better... I could do without his drinking and philandering but at least he's not playing the "idiot" to a "smart and sensible" woman... Gag me with an eyelash curler...

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  223. Elle

Tom – get over it , no one cares about your English class. Oops I spelled hear wrong I spelled it here, me bad.

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  224. NY-David

Just one word...
    Squwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbb!!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  225. Jay Howard

We must never forget that George W. Bush destroyed our nation.

May 18, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  226. Bug

I was ready for the show to end. I love the show and watch it each week; however, there is never anything new or fresh anymore. Lately it seems like they have gone to more vulgar to cover the lack of creative writing. Would have preferred the show go out with a bang instead of simply dying on the vine.

May 18, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  227. Elle

The Big bang Theory who watches that show. Two and a Half Men i s the funniest shows around, thats why it's been around for 7 years. I don't know why people care about actors and athletes personal lives, it's their business. You only here what the media wants you to know, you haven't walked in ther shoes.

May 18, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  228. robthomaseyes

This show is really stupid. Two old farts who are really starting to look like hags would really attract hot young girls? Um, no. Charlie looks pathetic, in his bowling shirts and loafers (ewww), with the fake tan and wrinkles... and the other one needs to come out of the closet.

May 18, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  229. Ed

Charlie Sheen has once again made a FINE decision on his carreer.

I relaly enjoy the show and can identify with some of the "Allen Harper" character" and mostly with Charlier Harper". any kind of an idea when and if the charcater "chelsea" will be returning? You all rock!!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  230. Bud

Have never missed an episopde but please, please do us a huge favor and once and for all get rid of Chelsea, ( love the actress, hate the character) bring Kandi back for a few episodes and get back to the writing this show used to have. Oh, and more Evelyn as well!

May 18, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  231. charley patton

This show is awesome.

May 18, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  232. AGuest9

I like Two and a Half Men. Charlie IS the show, despite how screwed up his private life is.

The one I don't get is The Big Bang Theory – and I'm a geek...

May 18, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  233. Mom of Three

Good move, Charlie. Not sure Hollywood is clamoring for wife abusers these days. Best stick with the gig you've got. Bird in the hand and all that.

May 18, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  234. Martin

I'm guessing that Charlie reevaluated his position after checking out which movie roles would be available for him if he quit?

I'm sure he's making more from this TV show than he ever would in a movie – after all, he's hardly a Hollywood A lister anymore.

I enjoy the show on the occasional time that I watch it.

May 18, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  235. Dippy

Lee – English isn't as easy as it's made out to be. Each of its rules typically have an exception.

May 18, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  236. ak

Two and a Half Men is one of the funniest shows on television, next to the big bang theory

May 18, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  237. dan

nice raise 700k a week to a mill a week

May 18, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  238. tom

It should be its, not it's.
    It's is for it is, not the possessive. Such a basic rule. Sad to see such a blatant flaw on CNN.
    Never saw an episode of this series and never will. Charlie Sheen has his charms as an actor and his flaws as a man.
    It's (see?) not worth sweating either way as the series reaches its (see?) closing episodes.

May 18, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  239. Angel77

i find it very interesting that a guy who threatens his wife with stangulation on christmas day and went to jail for it gets a tv show renewed and a contract with plenty of dollar signs and so many people cheering him on. on the other hand you have tiger woods who slept with half the single females in the world and cheated on his wife repeatedly never threatened or hurt anyone that we have heard about and he loses millions of dollars in contracts. whats wrong with this world? I have seen politicians resign because they had one indescretion or stole money and they loss their jobs!!! we persecute the wrong people. Charlie Sheen is funny its true but that shouldnt excuse the fact that he has no respect for his wife or even his own children when he behaves like the way he does in front of them. Charlie get some help.

May 18, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  240. Wayne

OK so lump him in with the rest of the degenerates who have major flaws in their personal lives. But, when it comes to his WORK, he's a real genius. He's no different than you or I. We have our professional persona and our personal life persona. Should we be fired from our jobs because we make really poor choices in our personal lives? If so, the unemployment rate would probably hover right around 100%. His behavior in his personal life is ridiculously shameful and cowardous if true. Just because celebrities are public figures, many of them are just like many of us; screwed up people. The only difference is they happen to have lots of money. Charlie Sheen is no different. He's a screwed up individual who just happens to have money and fame.

May 18, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  241. chatmandu002

Best comedy writing on TV right now. Jake needs to join the military and bring on Judith's and Allan's daughter.

May 18, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  242. Tim

Brian,

I'll tell you the same thing that I tell my 3 year old, when he refused to try any new food, "Don't say that you don't like it, if you haven't tried it yet."

I know what you mean about a lot of CBS shows. I didn't watch this show at first, either. But this show is one of the funniest on TV.

May 18, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  243. JEAN

GREAT SHOW, IS SO FUNNY, ALL 3 MEN ARE GREAT..WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT ANYONE OF THEM.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.. JEAN

May 18, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  244. SnafuBob

Well Brian I'm sorry you haven't seen the show, it is and has been a very funny show over the years. All I can say is it's your loss, why bother reading the article, why bother commenting?

May 18, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  245. Lynn

To Lee "Actually "it's" is correct as the use of the word "it" is as a possesive reference of the "final episode" for 'Two and a Half Men' thus justifying the apostrophe.

Actually, Steve is right. Only the contraction of "it is" uses the apostrophe. This is one case where the possessive does not.

– High School English Teacher

May 18, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  246. Jeff

Sad to see this many people going nuts over one of the worst comedies of the past few years. There is nothing clever or funny about this show, and I'd imagine the same is true of most of its fans.

May 18, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  247. cbryce

There would not be a show without Sheen. Cryer cannot carry it. But this season was very weak...and did not like the Chelsea character. Not sure what they will come up with to last two more seasons...still, glad he is back.

May 18, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  248. me in nh

great show !!

good news ..

May 18, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  249. darlene d

That's good news!! I love that show and it just would not have been the same had he left. Jon Cryer is not that funny by himself so he's got the perfect front man!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  250. Artie B.

I totally agree but couldn't you just smack Alan with a Louisville Slugger sometimes??? LOL

May 18, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  251. Lynn

I thought the first few seasons were hilarious. I laughed out loud throughout the entire 30 minutes. Now I mostly cringe and since I have DVR I either fast forward through much of the episode or just delete it. I think the show has "jumped the shark."

May 18, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  252. jue me

I'm glad. 2 1/2 is still pretty funny. Even growing up, the kid's funny. I do miss Rose though. And am tired of the fiance' thing.

He's just not the marrying kind.

Last night was funny. And BERTA is the one that makes the show! She's a hoot.

May 18, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  253. Dave

Funny show – Charlie has the best shirt collection of all time.

May 18, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  254. Kristy

My husband and I love this show.. The only time we get to watch it is at 10:35 pm. The show wouldn't be the same without the people that are in it. Jake is such a big part of the show. His comments are hilarious. I would have to agree that the stalking neighbor gets old. Glad they are still going to be on though. They need more show and less commercials too!

May 18, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  255. Lee

Steve Metz May 18th, 2010 11:04 am ET

"As 'Two and a Half Men' approached it’s final episode..." should be "its."

May 18, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  256. Dave

This is good news! The show obviously must someday end and with Jake becoming a young man it should probably already be called "Three men", but the writing and acting are both still very fresh and entertaining, and the humor is unmatched. We now get to see how the story ends. Maybe Alan will even move out? Naaaaaa… that won't happen!

May 18, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  257. 2878beachcomber

I think he has a lot of alimony and child support to dole out; he probably needs the cash since it's a sure thing.

May 18, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  258. Richard

We enjoy the show a lot, despite the outside personal behavior of the star. The writers have done an excellent job, and I think they do well with Jake getting older. I hope that kid follows some of Mrs,.Obama's food advice!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  259. Anothermuse

Still laugh my @s$ off at the show but pretty sure it's already jumped the shark with Chelsea leaving.

May 18, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  260. Rick

The show is great, and cant survive without any of the main stars. But They are going to have to give Jake something more. He was great when he was a young child. But now hes more of your typical butt hole teenager.

May 18, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  261. Gumby

Glad to have Charlie on board. CBS Monday night has the best comedy lineup of any night, at least for my tatse, and 2 1/2 Men is a big part of it.

If you don't like the show don't read the article. Same as if you don't like the show don't watch it just to bi!ch.

May 18, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  262. Steve

We have enjoyed the show for years but honestly, how much more of drunken Charlie can they produce? Renditions on a theme are slowly but surely growing old.

The Big Bang Theory. Oh my! Now that show is an honest to goodness hoot and a half!

May 18, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  263. Andy

I wonder if they gave him more money per episode to come back. If so... crime really does pay! I can't wait for my wife to get home... I'm in need of a raise too! (sarcasm)

May 18, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  264. Virginia

Sheen has never been a favorite of mine, but I must admit that the show would never be the same without him. He isn't acting, only being himself, a shirt chasing low life weasel.

May 18, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  265. Bryan

Best show on TV! Saw Pretty in Pink recently and saw how much Jon Cryer changed from Ducky!

May 18, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  266. diane

I am glad he is staying. I love the show and Jake still makes me lol.

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  267. Becca

Glad the show is staying on. I love Berta and Evelyn.

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  268. magee

Glad to hear he will be back. I love this show. Not too many comedies make me LOL these days.

May 18, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  269. kyle

Hey Brian, If you don't care why did you read the article and then comment on it?

May 18, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  270. Billy

I'm glad!! One of the best shows on television!

May 18, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  271. Ken W

Just goes to show you that the endorsement contract requirements are generally not the same as the TV series contract requirements. Simple as that. A little like the behavior requirements for pro athletes.

May 18, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  272. Stu

I always found myself just watching the reruns around 7pm. I thought it was hilarious, but that was mostly becuase of the jokes that went over Jake's head. The writers were masterful at coming up with those types of jokes/situations and Charlie was brilliant at pulling it off. However, I have avoided watching the episodes where Jake has "grown up" because I just can't imagine they can produce the same chemistry. And the stalker girlfriend(forget name) was one of the best parts of the show for the first few years, but then started to get a little tiring.

May 18, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  273. Katie

Great! Love the program and I think Charlie is HOT!

May 18, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  274. jeanne

Cool...he's funny, brings in the ratings, so pay him....can;t wait to see jake next season.

May 18, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  275. Lori

I am sooooo happy that there is another season coming up!!! There would have been nothing on television to watch. This show is so funny and the antics of Alan make it worth watching. I could not imagine fall coming without "Men".

May 18, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  276. Tabu

Love the show. One of my favorites and its hilarious. Im glad Charlie is staying.

May 18, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  277. EDDIE

Come on people, did you really think he would leave the show, at
    1.3 mill a show ,,,WOULD YOU LEAVE??????????????????
    the show is GREAT and ALL who play in it.. it would NOT be the same
    if anyones leaves...waiting for the 200TH show

May 18, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  278. stacy

OMG SO glad to hear that. Its a great show and the show would not be the same without him.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  279. Cap'n

Anyone else ever notice how they tout this show as being the number one comedy on TV but the general consensus is that it is rarely watched? Its ratings trickery at the expense of the far superior Big Bang Theory. By extending the air time slot on Two and a Half Men by two minutes (more commercials, not more show), it runs past the half hour mark and into the first minute of Big Bang Theory, capturing the ratings data for those folks that are tuning in for that show.

Mr. Sheen ain't that popular. Oh, and can two people not look any more like brothers? I'd bet Emilio Estevez is available.

May 18, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  280. Patty

Exactly Brian- Why would you even comment on something you have never seen? This show is one of the funniest shows I have ever watched, Glad to see it is going to continue on-

May 18, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  281. Steve Metz

"As 'Two and a Half Men' approached it’s final episode..." should be "its."

May 18, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  282. Banger of MERB

Very good that Sheen is sticking around. Just got into the show and find it to be outlandish and that was what made it so entertaining. Charlie's lifestyle is what I want to aspire to!

May 18, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  283. Betty

This show is by far the dumbest show on tv. The kids the best thing on it, Charlie is an ass!!!! Isn't that kid like 25 now? jokes are just not funny.......horrible show! Who cares!!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  284. Kevin H

Money talks. Me thinks Mr. Sheen likes money...could be wrong.

May 18, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  285. LEE

That's great. I really like that show and I have enjoyed watching Jake grow up. What about Charlie's hair? He shaved his head.

May 18, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  286. Eric

This is B.S. This guy can beat his wife and still get this kind of work???? But Tiger cheats on his wife and lose endorsements. Even that SOB late night host can get work even after his cheating scandal. this seems like a double standard to me.

May 18, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  287. kirk

Brian you are a hillbilly

May 18, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  288. Derecon

Then why did you read the article Brian?

I'm glad he's staying. This show is hilarious, I don't know how many more seasons they can keep it going without ruining it though.

May 18, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  289. Brian

Who cares. I've never watched this show and still won't. CBS usually has all the boring shows anyway.

May 18, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  290. Mary

Thank you Charlie!! I really didn't believe the show could survive without Charlie and I love the show. Charlie "YOU Rock"!

May 18, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |