May 17th, 2010

Trailer Park: Welcome to i-Trailer

It’s not often that big changes happen in the movie trailer community, so you can imagine my surprise and delight when I received an e-mail this week introducing me to “i-Trailer.”

Developed by Mark Woollen and Associates and launched this week, i-Trailer is an interactive trailer viewing platform for those who enjoy watching movie trailers online. By clicking at various places on your screen while the trailer is playing, you launch multiple fact boxes about the film including tidbits on music, wardrobe and costuming choices, shooting locations, themes… the list goes on and on.

In a recent phone conversation with Mark Woollen, I learned that it took his team 6 to 9 months to develop the concept, choose which features they wanted to include and create what they consider to be an easy-to-use model. Woollen says his goal with this new application is to allow audiences to engage with a film’s trailer for more than two minutes and says there are many places for this technology to go in the future, including audience prizes.

The very first i-Trailer is actually for a film I’ve already featured in my Trailer Park segment - “Sex and the City 2” - but revisiting the popular title is hardly a sacrifice considering how much fun people may have trying out i-Trailer. I can’t wait to hear what you think!

1. Jessica

I'm so excited for the movie! This is soooooo much easier than googling all the things all the time.

May 18, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Phil

Interesting.....I'd like to see where they can take this. My girlfriend really seemed to like it so I guess it works.

May 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Greg

I gotta say this is pretty cool even though it's a chick flick. Maybe there will be more of these for guy movies?

May 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ashley

Love love love it! I was hoping something like this would come out for trailers! I was always frustrated when something I liked in a trailer, or a song I liked in a trailer was not on the movie soundtrack, and you can't find it anywhere, even on google. This is definitely going to be big! I hope they do this for all trailers!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike Jones

Hey Michey,

Dude no one is clicking on a video to watch a trailer, its clickin on a trailer to find out more. I'm already watching the trailer online to click on it genius. Another way to get the info would be annoying and google ea thing duh

May 18, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kelly Sawyer

SO MUCH FUN!!

LOVED finding out about the dresses Can't wait until this is how I watch ALL trailers!

May 17, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. michey

This is terrible... who in their right mind would want to click on the video to watch a trailer... jeez....how annoying....find another way to get me the info...

May 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |