May 17th, 2010

Hugh Hefner's confession

testing captions
testing captions

It's not often you get to visit the Playboy Mansion when it's virtually empty. But that's exactly what happened to me recently. I got a chance to sit with Hugh Hefner and Oscar winning filmmaker Brigitte Berman in the library. We chatted about their upcoming documentary "Hugh Hefner: Playboy, Activist, and Rebel."

Hefner couldn't wait to dive into the conversation and talk about his life, his new leading lady, morality, his crusade for racial equality, his desire for more sexual freedom in society and why he let documentarian Brigitte Berman live in his mansion in order to shoot her film.

"There have been a number of documentaries on my life but none of them actually dealt with it in any detail you know the other side of my life," said Hefner. "That's what this film is all about."

At a recent screening of the film in Los Angeles, Hefner brought along his girlfriend, 24-year-old Crystal Harris. She is his ONLY girlfriend at this time. Hefner is known for having simultaneous multiple relationships. Hefner told me, "She's a very special lady and I'm very very happy!"

And after 84 years, Hefner said he is content with his life and everything else at this point. "At long last Hefner may be growing up." he said. "It's a little late, but there's hope for everyone now."

1. Adnan Latif

It is very nice, informative. Please contact me.

May 20, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. BJ

how can anyone say he doesn't disrespect women? yes, the women willingly pose for Playboy but what kind of respect do they show..for themselves, for other women? and his 24 year old chickie-poo? just how much respect does he have for her? Hefner is a pathetic old man who spends most of his time in his jammies...way too much attention gets paid to this man...yet here I am commenting! time for him to sit in the rocker at the home

May 19, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. Juan Carlos

Great MASTER , we love you now and for ever.

May 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Eric

Here is a thought....which critic out there on Hugh's ways really believe Hugh gives a crap to anything you people think. He obviously is a living legend and a pioneer. I envy everything about his lifestyle. STRAIGHT PIMP!

May 18, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mychaeltodd

Go head on with your bad self, do you Hef.....at the same time, help me out with a vote:

May 18, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Yuck

How can these women sleep with their grandpa? I know they hope their names will be in his last will testament. Hopefully he will leave it all to his sons and leave these women with nothing. Because I think thats what he has felt for them. These are women who will always been know as loose women that slept with an old man. Look at Anna-Nicole why when she did the exact same thing such a negative light was shed on her. But since it's Hef it's cool right?

May 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jen

As a woman, I admire Hef. He is very charitable and does nothing to disrespect woman. He seems to have a very sensitive side that doesn't come out very often. I enjoy reading and seeing anything about him.

May 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Eric Gordon

some may be awed by his ability to bed 24 year olds. yet this clearly makes young women look completely stupid. guess you could say his days of exploitation of women will follow him to his grave.

May 18, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lance

Hugh might be the best looking 84 yr. old out there.

May 18, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Greg

What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul...

May 18, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. John King

Hef is cool.

May 18, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. Boof

I can't believe anyone still gives a rats azz about this fossil.

May 18, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. Lexi hart

I think that Holly was a much better match and they were sooooo in love. All she wanted was him to settle down w/her, but he wouldn't. Why now, after losing the best thing that ever happened to him???? And what happened to the twins that moved in when this latest lover moved in? Are they gone?

May 18, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joseph

It's interesting that he himself basically says he has been immature... I won't try to argue with him.

May 18, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. SkoalJohn

smoking jacket website – playboy's office-friendly site http://bu.tt/9

May 18, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  16. Voice Of Reason

I'm not going to judge Hugh Hefner for being a dirty old man. But, I will say that while he obviously has a savvy business mind that it is equally obvious that he is a mental midget who is incapable of having a relationship with an intelligent woman of his own age. What do he and his child girlfriend have in common and have to talk about. Does Hugh even know who Justin Beiber or Miley Cyrus are. Sorry, Hugh, but it may have been cool to date child Bimbos when you were in your 40s and 50s, but now you are just a joke. These so-called girlfriends are basically kept women that are only with him as long as he pays them to be.

May 18, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. Peggy

If anyone believes any of this they are a fool. Hugh Hefner is one big
    media stunt after another.

May 18, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jo

Hugh hefner 84, finally seem to be growing up.

He lives with his current girlfreind, "Crystal" Harris 24.

May 18, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. DSW

Why else would a 24 yr old want to be with Hugh 84 yr old behind., The Money, and lots of it. And yes I agree with Joy, The Man needs Jesus fast.

May 18, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. Parciclus

Hef is my hero. Cause Jesus didn't get any.

May 18, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. Linda mash

A 24 year old in love with an 84 year old!!! Give me a break. I am 59 and an old geezer of 84 years doesn't get my attention regardless of how much money they have. Take away Hef"s money and those young girls would run like their clothes were on fire. It would be like going to bed with grandpa. Makes me gag!!!

May 18, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  22. os

joy is another sad little religious fanatic that never did anything fun in her life and is secretly envious of hefner's magnificent life and legacy. big pimping at 84 with more money that he knows what to do with and beautiful women constantly at his disposal and ultimately, waht matters most.. a very happy man from what it seems. hef for president!

May 18, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  23. nancy

Hugh Hefner: old, wrinkled, womanizer

May 18, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. lauratj

Finding Jesus will not prevent him from wanting to see beautiful women without clothes on–I am sure he has his own "Higher Power"This man has been around a long time,he is respected by many. he is also very charitable.

May 18, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  25. Taishax

What an amazing man, g'day there Hef sent from downunder xx

May 18, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  26. Doug

Joy needs to get a life.

May 18, 2010 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  27. Joy

I remember watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", when Hugh was asked about Kim taking off more clothes. Without a beat, he answered, "Oh, yes." I couldn't believe Kris Jenner didn't seem to mind her daughter taking more off. And that Kim would agree to it. Hugh seems like a very unhappy man. He needs to find Jesus.

May 18, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. Scott

Hero. Hmm. Would you like it if YOUR daughter was his current girlfriend? Are his girlfriends the ones you want your sons to marry after he bores of them? If you agree with any of these, yet praise him, you might want to consider a visit to a psychiatrist for a reality check.

May 18, 2010 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. Chuck

Living the Dream!

May 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  30. justdc

This man never ceases to amaze me... :)

May 17, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Tony Randall

Hefner now getting 24 yr olds right in the A?!?!

What a guy!! An American treasure!!

May 17, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |