May 14th, 2010

Lots of real and imagined roles for Betty White

testing captions
testing captions

Seems like these days Betty White has an abundance of work including rumored roles and dream jobs.

Variety.com reports that there has been a great deal of buzz about what the 88-year-old actress might do next.

"Sure, she's also been approached to run for governor of the state," joked White's agent, APA's Jeff Witjas. "There's a lot of calls (over the past five days), a lot of interest, but there's nothing new."

And if we are going to go for broke with her career, why not do what Buzzfeed has done in coming up with a list of shows that might benefit from a little White magic.

Who wouldn’t love to see White surrounded by a group of smitten beaus (or beauettes) on “A Shot at Love” or partying it up with the crew from “Jersey Shore.”

But their number one pick for a show they’d love to see White on? The alternately entertaining, educational and frightening “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant!”

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. colgate teeth whitening gel

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to offer one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.

September 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fiction Writer

Is there a way for me to contact "MARK" for a permission to use his synopsis to write a fan fiction story??

May 18, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. md in nyc

I could totally imagine 16 and pregnant: "I haven't ovulated in years, although I have been, y'know, active in that way because nowadays there are just so many medications that facilitate those things for people my age... y'know. So when I started feeling pressure down there I thought it was just my uterus prolapsing, like it's so prone to do. Well, I got in bed and gave directions to my lover to start putting it back in. At that point he said he felt a head down there. The baby then just poured out of me, without my uterus, luckily."
    ... Mayhaps I have thought about this too much.

May 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. nelco

She is just GGGGREAT!!!

May 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wendy

Betty White is a genuinely funny, compasionate human being! Can't wait to see her on Hot in Cleveland!!

May 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bailoutsos

Shuttle trip to the space station.

May 17, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. realism

does she have kids or grandkids?

May 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cadmando

How about they put her on Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew. We can watch as he guides her through kicking the Ensure habit ;-)

May 17, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JJinCVCA

Raise your hand if you want to have some more of Betty White's muffin!

To those of you that are asking who cares... if you don't like Betty White, or don't care that there's renewed attention on her, you don't have to read about her or watch her. It's your right to click away and read about something else or change the channel.

May 17, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dxp2718

The quality of the Betty White show as compared to Alec Baldwin's the next week was a stark contrast. Basically, pro versus rank amateur. I guess practice doesn't make perfect, since Alec has had 15 tries and still didn't make me laugh once, whereas Betty at her first go left me grinning from ear to ear.

I hope Betty does as much as she possibly can while she still can because there aren't many in Hollywood as talented as she. At the same time, though, I hope she doesn't overdo it and run herself into the ground. She's a spry 88, but she's still 88.

May 17, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. From Boston

Part of Betty's "act" if you will, has always been the sweet "wholesome" woman who then throws you off center by some remark you'd never expect. It plays on our stereotypical views that a little ol lady should always be sweet and innocent, and then comes a shocker remark out of her mouth that you can't help but laugh at.

She has that Bob Hope delivery, say something funny with a serious face, looking around like...what's so funny? such a lost art.

Being from a generation that watched MTM, I love Betty White. I waited with much anticipation when she made it to SNL. Frankly she can show up every year like Baldwin does, and If you put the two episonds up against each other, Betty's was a hell of a lot funnier.

Kudos to Betty White, and BTW, it wasn't a novelty act to have someone old on SNL, there are fans out that that love love love her work.

thanks Lorne Michael's for putting her on SNL, I never laughed so hard....and often.

May 17, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tim

Go away all you critiques! met Betty and us have fun with her. I would like to see you at 90 years old......I agree...POOF--GO AWAY PRUDES

May 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. wilyfem

Poot, you are a PRUDE! Get over yourself. I'm sure you aren't as pure as the driven snow...

May 17, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Poot

I used to think she was wholesome until I saw her on the William Shatner Roast. What a pig! Everything out of her mouth was gross and disgusting, and I don't offend easily!

May 17, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Kudos to Betty White

This is a perfect example to show that you don't need a big mouth or flashy career to be recognized. Here's a quality Actress who has amassed an excellent career with quality roles and flat out good, humerous, clean (for the most part) acting. She let the walking do the talking, actions speak louder than words, and as a HUGE fan of hers I'm really glad to see her get the respect and honor she deserves. Well done Betty White and thank you for the entertainment you've provided for so long and continue to do so!

May 17, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  16. pierce

Do we have to care what is next for her?

Honestly, she's become a novelty act. And there is some agism and cruelty connected to it.

It's not hip (Lorne Michaels, are you listening?) to showcase her just because of her age. How long will hollywood keept this up? Until she is 99? Until she is on a walker?

May 17, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  17. Betty Catalina

Maybe she should do a special on Gossip and Misinformation, that may help quell the waters. ROTAS, SATOR.

May 17, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. Rhonda

Put Betty, Cloris Leachman and Abe Vigoda on Survivor.

May 17, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  19. Billy ray Cyrus

I can beat up anyone on this board.

ANYONE!

May 17, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  20. ali

betty white should run for president
    hahahaah
    jk

ali

May 17, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. Janie

@Heather......what an ignorant and immature comment.

May 17, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  22. From Boston

Ok, so here's one for the networks. They love doing this cross over story thing once in a while.

Say it's BETTY NIGHT on NBC One night Betty shows up in every show on that station that night. From National news with a story on cats, a walk by or story line with her in each and every show on that 1 night. Even the local news on that station she could do a clip on the weather somewhere, talk shows after...Gota tella ya I'd watch the whole line up just to find waldo, er Betty. gota love her, so darn funny, and boy can she deliver a line!

May 17, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  23. heather

.....the grave......

May 17, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  24. The_Mick

Her trademark dainty habits-potty mouth routine would go over great in a souped-up "Driving Miss Daisy" sort of movie.

Except in this case the son or grandson is failing in business and she comes along to the rescue, struggles with the ethics and foolishness of "modern" business practices and putting modern electronic "necessities" like twitter and facebook in their places.

May 17, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  25. sosideirish

LOVE HER!! Any show she's on, I'm there to watch.

May 17, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  26. macy34

I love that Betty White is such an animal advocate, as am I. My French Bulldog puppy, Tova, can be voted for in the Bark Magazine contest at http://bit.ly/tovacontest.

May 17, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  27. debra

Betty is one talented lady...but wholesome she is not...she has a wicked and randy sense of humor...I would love to see her in a drama...as a villian....

May 17, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  28. Mattski

A guy uses the screen name McGruber (very timely), and then comes to the Entertainment section, reads an article about Betty White (in 2012!), and then says who the F cares....

May 17, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  29. Macgruber

Who the F cares?

May 17, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  30. Dewey

Betty White for President (would be better than what we have now)!!!

May 17, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  31. Mark

Betty White-Supernatural: Sam and Dean are trapped in an alley next to a bakery by a dozen large mean lookin demons and it doesn't look good for the boys. Out of the bakery come Betty White with a bag of muffins. She sees whats happening and walks up to the largest meanest demon and tell him to leave these nice boys alone and she pokes the demon with her finger and the demon explodes while the other demons flee in fear. Turns out she was the oldest toughest demon in hell and she snuck out during the apocalypse and just wants a peaceful retirement. The boy know they should kill her, but shes just so darn nice and she keeps offering them her muffin from the bakery.

May 16, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mark

Betty White-Desperate Housewives: Betty White moves onto Wisteria Lane with her daughter, but unknown to her new neighbors she harbors a dark secret. She runs around town hitting on all the younger men who thinks she's a cougar. Then one day an elderly woman shows up claiming she and Betty had been a couple for fifty years until Betty ran away with a much younger woman who know pretend to be her daughter.

May 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mark

Betty White-Smallville: She plays Clark's 88 1/2 Thousand year old Crytptonian Aunt who's been living in a nursing home for a century or more and has forgotten she has super powers from a touch of senility which makes for a humorous encounter when Lois and Clark show up at the nursing home to do a story.

May 16, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  34. vanphilly08

Of all the talk of Betty White...they didn't mention her role on The Bold and The Beautiful! Too bad the killed her off...

May 16, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  35. SmartA$$

i have 9 lives for my finicky cat lol

why do you give a damn what kind of life's we have

remember Guest...If you must troll dont trip on anything or else you may fall lol

May 15, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AGuest9

She seems like a nice lady, but seriously... Who gives a damn?
    Don't you people have lives?

May 15, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. SmartA$$

I think Betty would be a great candidate for Colgate White Strips lollllllll

May 15, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Smelly Pants

oh she is great

May 15, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Malcomxboxlive

Betty White has got to be the most refreshing thing to happen to entertainment in the last 10 years. Keep it up!!! I hope she around for another 88 years

May 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Taylor

haha she is hilarious in the proposal! I cracked up! I hope Im in that good of shape to dance around at 88..ha!

May 15, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Donna Williams

I absolutely love Betty White and I am so happy for her success...go girl!

May 15, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  42. brian

olways witty

May 14, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Ryan

Since Star Trek made stupid alternate realities popular, why not have a wise old Betty White go back in time creating an alternate reality where she's guiding a younger Blanche, Dorothy, Rose, and Sophia.

May 14, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  44. lauratj

Betty White is a classy,sassy,funny woman

May 14, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. James

My dream job for BW would find her with her proposal co-star Ryan Reynolds again. See, Reynolds is to play the Marvel character Deadpool (don't worry, supposedly they'll do it right this time, not the in-name-only version you saw at the end of Wolverine), who, in the comics, had a crush on Bea Arthur as a running gag. Now in a perfect world, Bea would still be with us to cameo in the Deadpool movie. But what a tribute to her co-star to take on the mantle of the Merc With A Mouth's love interest? Bea would be proud of you Betty, I'm sure!

May 14, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mary

I love Betty White. She is all out funny and wholesome. Whatever she does (especially at her age) I will definitely watch.

May 14, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Durdle

Let her run for Governor, she's a hell of a lot more entertaining than Arnie.

May 14, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |