May 14th, 2010

Is Naomi Campbell turning to Kabbalah?

The latest fashion must-have in Naomi Campbell’s closet may be a piece of red string.

Word is, after likening kabbalah to Alcoholics Anonymous, the super model is having secret meetings with Madonna’s kabbalah mentor, Eitan Yardeni. The red string bracelet is thought to ward off misfortune; the cell phone throwing super model may need it.

Sources tell the New York Daily News gossip hounds that Campbell (she turns 40 later this month, with a grand party planned in Cannes to mark the occasion) met with Yardeni at Manhattan’s Kabbalah Center right before she reportedly jetted to Europe with her Russian billionaire boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin.

Just two years ago, Campbell said “I knew about kabbalah before Madonna got involved. Kabbalah is not a religion, it's a program. I don't like to get hooked on things like that. It reminds me of AA, but just with different words. They’ve got the same principles . . . I just believe in God. I am religious. I pray most days and do my thing. But each to their own."

The newspaper reports that Campbell’s rep couldn’t be reached for comment.

1. Sharon

Naomi is correct, Kabbalah is not a religion, it's a program.
    Kabbalah is not just piece of red string, I would like to recommend Kabbalah Jewelry , which will provide you a positive energy.

Have a look at: http://holylandprecious.com/

March 1, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. dean

She's hot. That's what has kept her on the runway for so long. She doesn't seem to have any problem latching on to wealthy men either. She must have something they REALLY like.

June 25, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mushymushroom

People change. Hope she does.

May 16, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cyril obande

Naomi,you just did the right thing,and thats life, you shouldnt be what the say,neither what the do,stars make and set a pace,A ROLE MODEL IN MODELING,will role model whats to be by her/him like JFK said Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy

May 16, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. okokbye

'The newspaper reports that Campbell’s rep couldn’t be reached for comment.'

..comment on what?

May 16, 2010 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. darlene d

She needs to turn to something because she is one crazy woman!
    It makes me wonder how she remained a top model all these years. How in the world did fashion designers put up with her and her many, many tantrums!!

May 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bored

Click on article by mistake and now I'm sad I read something about this wind bag. Ignore her and she'll go away for ever. Start now.

May 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |