May 14th, 2010

'Chuck' is safe on NBC; Fox renews 'Lie to Me,' 'Human Target'

“Law & Order” is not the only show to have gotten the ax.

Tis the season when fans find out which shows will be returning next season and which ones won’t.

Fox network renewed “Lie to Me” and “Human Target” while ABC reportedly will bring back “V” and NBC has given the green light to bring back “Chuck.”

Other shows reportedly haven’t been as lucky. Deadline.com is reporting that Fox will cancel “The Wanda Sykes Show” after one season.

Meanwhile, over at EW.com, Michael Ausiello is reporting that ABC is getting rid of “Romantically Challenged,” “Better Off Ted,” “Scrubs,” and “FlashForward.” He also reports that NBC has canceled both "Mercy" and "Trauma."

So if you are keeping track, the shows that have been recently reported as canceled are:

"Better Off Ted," ABC

"FlashForward," ABC

"Romantically Challenged," ABC

"Scrubs," ABC

"Ugly Betty," ABC

"24," Fox

"Lost," ABC

"Past Life," Fox

"‘Til Death," Fox

"Law & Order," NBC

"The Wanda Sykes Show," Fox

"Trauma," NBC

"Mercy," NBC

While those set to return are:

"V," ABC

"How I Met Your Mother," CBS

"NCIS: Los Angeles," CBS

"Human Target," Fox

"Lie to Me," Fox

Filed under: television

1. herbs for healing

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all significant infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .

August 11, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  2. Aaron

This is why I don't watch TV anymore. You get involved with a story and then boom they pull the rug out from underneath you. Take 'Flash Forward' for example. I understand some shows just are not that great, but heck they should at least show some type of BS ending when they cancel a show instead of just dropping it into, I wonder what the heck was going on land. Reminds me of the old story 'The lady or the tiger'!

July 21, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. XanderZane

Many of the shows on that list were not cancelled. Many of them ended. There is a difference. Shows like 24, Ugly Betty, Lost, Scrubs and Smallville just had their last episodes and it was over. Never cancelled. Also Glee and Chuck are not canceled. Glee was a huge hit and won a few Emmies. You think FOX would cancel that show? lol!! Flash Foward was cancelled however, which is stupid since the way it ended, we'll never know what happened. They should make a 4 hour 2 part movie to rap it up at least. If you're going to make shows like this, do leave cliff hangers. What happened to "Defying Gravity"? Did that get canceled too?

July 9, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Christine

I agree with last lap and ScottTee...FlashForward is above and beyond better than V!

June 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chris20906

Why can't NBC just give people what they want?! Just type, "Chuck Comic Con 09" on Youtube and scroll in about 1:25.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9YA327N4k&w=640&h=390]

May 18, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. let's be real

Bloom, in your defense, the formatting of the article was not all that great. So it isn't really your bad for misinterpreting it... I also got duped for a second. Guess we shouldn't be skimming.

May 17, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sam

how has this person still not fixed their list. It makes them look sloppy

May 17, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. harvey and Cherie Rabin

nbc-cancelled 3 of there top shows-trauma,mercy, and law and order-this is dummer then dumd-no wonder cbs is aways on top !!!!

May 17, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. T Brady

are you guys stupid? halfway down the list it says
    While those set to return:

if

May 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Terry

I can`t believe Mercy and Trauma got axed!!! Get rid of Cleveland, the reality shows, HIMYM and Two and Half Men... V???? pulease...it was good in the 80`s but now its just stupid, the acting is crap and as if people could tell from the beginning that they were evil!!!!!!

May 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. connie

What about "The Middle"? I love that show. Any news?

May 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cattibri

I wonder if they take into account all of the people who watch the shows online at sites like fancast.com and hulu.com. They always talk about ratings but I think their system is flawed. Only so many families can take part in the Nielson ratings program and it would seem to me that with all of the technology they have they could get a more accurate picture of who is watching what. I hate to see Mercy and Trauma go.....I will miss watching them online.

May 17, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Rob

Yeah!!!!! Tell'em Maggie C!!!

May 17, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ronnie

V AS THE ARTICULE SAYS WAS RENEWED!

May 16, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ronnie

Smallville was not cancelled,season 10 starts in September

May 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kayla

Puh-leeze, I am so fed up with ABC and their shenanigans. They totally jerked around Ugly Betty, which, although not perfect over the past few years was still one of the better shows on TV. They moved it to Fridays and replaced it with Eastwick, which a) was actually very cute and had a great cast and b) was completely marketed to to the wrong people – they put it on Wednesdays when they should have slotted it for Sundays after Desperate Housewives. Well just when Eastwick's plot was getting rolling they naturally realized it wasn't hitting big so (shock!) they cancelled that. Then the shoved Ugly Betty back into its old time slot but of course by then it had been moved around so much that it lost its footing and it was axed. All that just to replace that time slot with Happy Town (or what I like to call "Crappy Town) and lo and behold after just 2 whopping episodes of that show, it's cancelled. Now they're canceling FF and keeping V??? The people who are sitting around their boardroom making these decisions need to get off their meds!!

May 16, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ronnie

no Lost was cancelled! It was decided last year when the network told Lost producers to wrap it up!

May 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mushymushroom

Cmon, to those who are complaining that Glee or Vampire Diaries are not cancelled so the list is inaccurate, what part of "REPORTED AS CANCELLED" don't you understand?

When you say "REPORTED" it means it still needs "CONFIRMATION" to be considered as "FACT" thus what happened to cancellations of Scrubs et al.

But I'm happy about Chuck!!!!!! Way to go Nerd Herd!!!!!!! :)

May 16, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ScottTee

I'm w/ last lap – between FF and V would have preferred to see FF stay and V go.

May 16, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. will

"Glee" is a big hit. It hasn't been canceled.

May 16, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Brandon

I personally think all reality tv shows need to be cancelled. the problem is they are so cheap to produce/develop, we will never see the end of them. Even worse, they are cheap to make and in some cases get good ratings. Thats the holy grail of television produers/devlopers. Cheap to make and great ratings.

May 16, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kaci

This list is not accurate. Smallville and Vampire Diaries have not been canceled.

May 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Serenity Girl

I still can't believe FOX canceled Firefly. Since then, no cancellations surprise me.

May 16, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  24. Wesley B

Shame about Better Off Ted. That should was really good, but suffered from a lack of executive commitment to give it a decent time slot and advertising budget to find its audience.

May 16, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. Gavin

U R an Idiot.... Obviously Glee has NOT been canceled as well as Cougar town, Fact check please, otherwise shut your mouth :p

May 16, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  26. annie

I love better off Ted and think Portia is an amazing actress

May 16, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. LK

Sad to see Mercy and Law & Order go! Glad to see "Til Death" go – it started out so funny but this year the writing is the worse on TV. – who ever though up the stupid "sit-com" storyline? I'm very happy to see that "The Good Wife" & "Modern Family" got renewed... 2 of my fav shows.

May 16, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  28. Rand Lander

I am sorry to see Trauma get the axe. IMHO it was the best new show this season, but it got no love. I hope Anastasia Griffith gets a new gig worthy of her talents.She is only the best actress on television.

May 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kristi McKinney

Two of my favorite shows were cancelled. Better of Ted is ahead of its time. Love the geek humor! The second show was cancelled last fall: Three Rivers. This was a great show; they should have given it more time to gain an audience.

May 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. btvs81

Looks like people are beginning to understand how millions of fans felt when they canceled Jericho a Second Time.
    All we have gotten since the series ended was a comic book.
    No Movie yet as promised.
    Choke! Gasp!
    Good Series Die and Cheap To Make Survive.
    Sad Commentary but it's the honest to God Truth.

May 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JHaas

Rush's kidneys are healthy, his radio show is going strong, and that creep Wanda Sykes is off the air... life is good!!

May 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Claxton

A television show is considered canceled regardless of who decides to end its run. And looking that this list, I won't miss any of these programs. Primetime television stinks. They'd be better off replacing these shows with reruns of "The Price Is Right" and "The Newlywed Game".

May 15, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. lastlap

I wish they had canceled V and kept FlashForward. FF has improved
    since the break, while V is still spotty at best. Pretty soon I'll won't be watching much TV at all.

May 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jill

Bummer that Trauma's on the list. Liked that show a lot. :(

May 15, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. "ANNIE"

Most of what is on TV is so bad , it drives me to watch oldies, HGTV, animal channels, I prefer them to the crap that is on TV now !! Reality, Reality Shows, they stink in every way possible !! I could count on one hand the good series that are on TV !!

May 15, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  36. "ANNIE"

I'm very happy to read that they are keeping "The Good Wife " on. This is a great show with some of the best actors on TV. We need to bring back our great actors and get rid of the cheap a$$ reality shows !!

May 15, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  37. Nice but Naughty

Fun, I agree with you. Two of the lamest shows on television. One where there is hardly anyone left for Charlie to lay and the other where a guy racking up the babe conquests is an "out of the closet" gay man – which there is absolutely nothing wrong with a gay man playing a straight character, but knowing he is gay, makes the character laughable.

May 15, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  38. Fun-N-Sun

Here are two more series that SHOULD be placed on the list of cancellations:

Two and A Half Men

How I Met Your Mother

May 15, 2010 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  39. Charlie

Sorry to see 'Better Off Ted' go – would have loved to have seen it come back for another season. Please get rid of some of the reality show crap and get back to proper entertainment – like Fringe! (third season – excellent news).

May 15, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. Ray

Chuck made the cut (again)!

This is awesome news, indeed!

May 15, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  41. Michelle

Well – half of them I can see being cut off the air – but LOST, Law and Order & SVU, as well as Lie to Me are shows that I watched religiously. I am very upset that they are canceling great shows. The others were just stupid. You know which one they should can – The Office. Dumbest show ever. I guess I am not going to be renewing my cable subscription or watching TV anymore. It's officially turned to crap.

May 15, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  42. J. Kay

Melrose Place is still "in the bubble" it seems. I think it deserves a second season.

May 14, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  43. James

Fringe!!!

They also renewed Fringe for a third season.

May 14, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Richard C Smith

NBC has cancelled Mercy? I would expect nothing less from the execs behind the Tonight show debacle. Cancelled Law & Order also. These shows, among others, are victims of a network ran by Nuts, Boobs, and Crazies- NBC!

May 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Reaching Out

Bring back NYPD Blue (but only if David Milch writes it).

NYPD Blue and The West Wing are still the best things on Television, and they've been off the air for years.

May 14, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. sam

lot of those programs are already picked up. CNN goofed. Get your head in gear!

May 14, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Observer One

Shows that I was really interested in were not listed one way or the other. Guess that falls into no news is good news. On a side note I would love to see the SyFy channel ditch the lame wrestling which should be on Spike. Nerds like us want sci fi on SyFy not morons wrestling around in their underwear. And bring back the old TechTV and ScreenSavers they were at least current and informative shows.

May 14, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Melinda

Amen to bringing back The Shield!!! I did enjoy Trauma, though. I am sad that apparently Friday Night Lights has only one more season after this one. I haven't watched Idol this year, but I love Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Apprentice.

May 14, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Diane

I dont care about the other shows... the only one I care about is The Vampire Diaries. I cannot wait for the second season just watch the season finale and man Its going to be awesome!!!!!!!

May 14, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. RWYR72

Ok... who's watching The Cleveland show? Just stop it right now! I think they should give the following shows one more season: Law and Order, Trauma and Mercy.

May 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mercy Fan

Why the heck did they cancel Mercy?? Such a great show. I am devistated. Wednesdays were one of my favorite days because I got to come home and watch my favorite nurses.

May 14, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mary

Glad to see Chuck and Lie to Me will be back. Both have great casts!

May 14, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ira

So happy they are keeping community! Great show! Chuck is coming back too, thats good too!!! I hope they cancel American Idol... that show needs to end........ And I was kinda disappointed when they cancelled Ugly Betty. It had some good moments...

May 14, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mr.Schrute

Oh,and bring back the Shield and cancel that snoozefest DWTS.Justified is pretty good too.

May 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. doug

I enjoy V – But I find it hard to believe that no Fifth Column V person would not go on live TV and show people that they are lizzards.

And on FLASH Forward, I find it hard to believe that the FBI Guy did not already Knock out the guy who is supposed to be with his wife in the flash forward.

May 14, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mr.Schrute

Cleveland show sucks.Spartacus and breaking bad,now that's entertainment!!!Please cancel 90210,Melrose Place,and most of all Bachelor/bachelorette.

May 14, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  57. paul

SERIOUSLY, "V" is coming back?! BORING

May 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  58. ad

So happy. All the shows I was worried about, got attached to are actually all coming back, unlike last year.

Congrats to: Parenthood, Chuck, Lie To Me, NCIS LA, V & Human Target.

Thank you (for once) TV Execs on your excellent choices.

May 14, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. sarah

Not too concerned by L&O getting the axe, all the L&O's especially Criminal Intent with the horrendus goldbloom need to go they are well past their prime.

May 14, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Anon

Glad Human Target got renewed. I'm enjoying it much more than I had expected.

May 14, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Anon

I thought FlashForward had potential but suffered from bad writing. V has potential IF (a big IF) they polish the writing and directing. The plot has been fairly decent.

Dear Jonathan Frakes (aka, "Number One")
    Please do not direct another episode of V. Everything you touch turns to crap.

May 14, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Chuck

On this page "Human Target" is gone and in the upper right corner "Human Target" is renewed. Seems like the left and right hands don't speak.

May 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Big E

Too bad that Mercy is going it was a great show. Hopefully it gets picked up somewhere. Of course Cleveland show, really?

May 14, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sahil

I love Lie to me!!!!!! So happy it's picked up. I wish the networks would just announce them all at one. I know House and NCIS (my favs) are high ratings, but I still get nervous

May 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Houdini

Hey Bloom-

Proofreading or proof-reading...ironic that you didn't even proofread your own text...

May 14, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  66. David

Flash Forward has potential but, as with "V", I think they hurt it for taking a hiatus from new shows like they did for a while. I am hoping "Legend of the Seeker" will get picked up by someone, I notice it wasn't listed in this article, but I've read it was cancelled too.

May 14, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. kfk

Hey Bloom,
    Read more closely before criticizing, Glee is listed as "set to return".

May 14, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Bloom

Ok – my bad. I had my friend point out that in the middle of the list it says While those set to return are- way to freak me out!

May 14, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Bloom

So Glee was cancelled? Yea right. This list is bogus. And LOST wasnt cancelled idiot. Who is proof reading this stuff?

May 14, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Matthew

The Cleveland Show is horrible. Just run old Famiy Guy episodes in it's place. It sucks.

May 14, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  71. John Fite

Scrubs died long ago..... this just makes it official.

May 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Maggie C

Umm....you list Lost as a "cancelled" show. Although it is finishing its last season, it wasn't cancelled. It ended of its own volition as announced three years ago.

May 14, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |