May 13th, 2010

Robert Pattinson likes to joke that Kristen Stewart is pregnant

The now ubiquitous cast of the “Twilight” saga swung by the set of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” Thursday, and mainly discussed topics they've already talked about before.

The audience was reminded of what it’s like to go from relative unknowns to global superstars (it's weird); how Taylor Lautner got so beefy (eating protein and working out); how Robert Pattinson feels about being the actor most likely to have his name attached to a fawning superlative (he doesn't understand it); and how painfully shy Kristen Stewart is (look at red carpet photos for evidence).

There wasn’t much that the cast hasn’t rehashed in other interviews, which isn’t surprising considering the exposure these three get. Here’s a rundown of things you maybe, just maybe, don't already know.

• Taylor Lautner has never tried a cigarette in his life, not even behind a barn, much to Winfrey's surprise. He guesses his abstinence is because  "it’s just the way I was raised by my parents and my family."
  • Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, if they are to be believed, are incredibly low-key. On Saturday nights, Pattinson is going through his phone book “desperately calling someone… because no one would’ve called me,” he said, while Stewart spends her evenings with her cat, which she has an "Edward and Bella, co-dependent relationship" with.
  • Pattinson and Stewart are still not talking about whether or not they’re actually dating, but Pattinson does like to joke that K. Stew is knocked up. Apparently they also joke that Pattinson would have to have the baby because Stewart is so physically slight.
  • Pattinson’s American accent was developed from an adolescence filled with American film and a desire to be a rapper. “The main thing was I used to want to be a rapper when I was like 14,” he told Winfrey. “I have a lot of recordings of it, with the cadence and everything.” The word “nachos,” however, still gives him trouble.
  • Stewart responds well to sympathetic physical contact. Winfrey clearly read Stewart’s recent ELLE interview very closely, because she kept bringing up how shy the 20-year-old actress is, and even gave her a hug to help her relax. Stewart told the audience, “This means a lot to you guys, and it’s the same for me. I understand that words have weight, and I mince them when I know that everyone’s waiting for them.”
  • That awkwardness is one of the reasons why she relates so well to Bella. "I think I bring more of myself to Bella than any other character, which is what you can do because she’s a very vicarious character," Stewart said. "I relate to the fact that she’s totally awkward, but she owns it and she doesn’t say anything she doesn’t mean."

Filed under: movies • Twilight

Next entry »
  1. tuk

I think that is one of the so much significant information for me. And i'm glad studying your article. However want to commentary on few normal things, The website taste is great, the articles is in point of fact excellent : D. Good task, cheers

August 7, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. kristen stewart into the wild

Robert Patison kamu yang sabar ya? Dasar kristen memang sesuai namanya dan sesuai dengan perannya sebagai Bella.. Yaitu berbelah... hahaha! dasar tukang selingkuh di Film dan nyatanya

July 29, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. kelli

Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lopez to name a few are also one trick ponies. One reason i think i am not SO into these movies is because it is a lot of teen angst and its so melodramatic i actually laugh when Bella combs her hair behind her ear and NEVER smiles. Jacob was the only one that saved this most recent movie for me because he had funny lines!! I turned to my husband and said, "I think i am too old for this movie". boo :(

July 3, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JanetM

She is a one-trick pony. Every movie or show I have ever seen her in, she has been the same monotone, emotionless character. With a different actress, these movies might actually have been enjoyable.

June 17, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. crizzo

hasn't anyone figured it out yet? Pattinson is obsessed with Stewart, but Stewart is secretly madly in love with Lautner. The question remains, does Lautner lust for Pattinson?

June 17, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Breea

I love the Twilight Saga books more than the movies. I have read them over and over and can never seem to get enough of them. Bella in the movies doesn't seem as together as Bella in the books. I think "Movie Bella" is too shy and awkward! Either way, I love seeing Jacob Black without a shirt on! You just can't get that from a book!

May 14, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Holly

I have to semi agree here. I absolutely LOVED the books, they were amazing, I totally have them memorized! Movie Bella doesn't seem as together and smart as book Bella. I have to say the same for Rp, Edward is sup to be old and blau blau... TL does a good job but I think they hype up the shapeshifters too much. It's not the same as in the books. I don't know, I just get annoyed when movies differ so drastically for sales. I used to HATE KS but shes alright. If she so shy though...WHY IS SHE ACTING? Der

June 17, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. twi-heart101

i am a loyal fan to all of the twilight cast members, but of course my favorites are kristen and robert! I dont think the fact that they are the main characters has anything to do with it. I think its their personalities over anything that make them so likable. They represent our generation in a more accurate way. They have surpassed the typical tall skinny blondes and the overly muscular frat boys that served as role models in the past. For the most part they look like any normal 20 something year old walking around campus-town, USA. And thats what makes them relatable to high schoolers and adults alike. As for Taylor... great without a shirt, but theres something going on there. He seems to "perfect". Time will tell what's up with that one.

As for rob and kristen's talent, they have A LOT of it. Specualtors should go beyond twilight and see movies like robert's "little ashes" and kristin's "the runnaways". Both great movies that show their true abilities as actors! Cant wait to see whats next in store for these two. im sure it wont disappoint!

*** Responce to TAYFAN***** i didnt want to say it, BUT yes taylor does help out kristen when she cant walk in heels. also, they play around and joke too much. HOWEVER, I dont think its because he likes her at all. I think he may just be her gay friend. i said THINK, its my opinion. they remind of my sister and her gay friend. thats all im saying :)

May 14, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. mushymushroom

I just love the fact that these young actors are not dumbfounded with fame. They don't party too hard and go way crazy when they're out.

They are more of keeping their personal life private and that's better because I also don't get the fact that actors have to explain everything that's up to their lives just to promote a movie. Like for me, as a fan, I don't have to know who Rob was dating while doing the film because the film has nothing to do with his lovelife so he need not discuss that.

Like for example, Robert and Kristen are rumored to be together, but in promoting the film they have to discuss that, because Kristen and Rob does not exist in Twilight; Edward and Bella does.

People are just way too curious and the sad part is, we got used to it and it seems that actors are required to do that when in fact they actually don't.

May 13, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cece

Outside of the Twi movies Kristen Stewart is a very good actress. Even RP was half decent in Remeber Me (I'll wait for Abduction before I give my opinion on TL). All in all they seem like to be nice kids.

May 13, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. darlene d

I think I will read the books because I just don't understand the fascination with these actors and the movies. Maybe my mind will change once I start to read the first book.

May 13, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Go Sharks!

They should've had Robert on as Edward <3

May 13, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. leigh

It's more like Robert is joking about Kristen being pregnant because all the stupid tabloids have been saying she's pregnant by Rob for over a year now... Why not have some fun with the tabloids. What's funny is that the "rags" then run with the story that "Rob says Kristen is pregnant" oh gosh and golly gee what a shocker!!! I don't know how the stars live with these crazy paparazzi and crap!

May 13, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tayfan

Taylor Lautner seems like such an awesome guy. I'm Twilight obsessed and after watching so many interview/promo videos where I see Taylor pushing in chairs after interviews and helping Kristen down stairs when she is in heels, it seems like his parents did a great job of raising him. I do think that Taylor might have/had a crush on Kristen, just an observation after watching so many videos and reading his body language.

Looking forward to Eclipse which is my favorite book. :)

May 13, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sunnye

II see Kristen Stewart public very shy. For those who do not remember their teenage year with empowerment and daring it may appear that she is not portraying the Bella very well. For those young girls coming into the teenage years look to Bella for the fair tale and make decisions from the heart. As for Kristen and Robert not our business what their relationship is! Taylor is very sure of him and will become a very good actor given the chance.

Please give them all a chance!!! Stephanie Meyer has written an inspiring sage with the Twilight books and although every detail can not be in the movies hopefully for those who have not read the books they will.

May 13, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. weird

I find Kristen Stewart to be very awkward. She's not a very good actress outside of Twilight. And her and Robert do NOT make a cute couple! It's just weird... But I really dont care cause I'm not obsessed with the movies and stuff.. But I will say that Taylor Lautner can take his shirt off for me anytime :)

May 13, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb

she was AWFUL in twilight. she is sooo boring and has no personality.

June 17, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Team Edward All The Way

i so agree about the kristen and rob thing they just really dont make a really cute couple but me and rob would lol

July 2, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blue Fish

I agree, I don't think Rob and Kristen make a good couple either! In interviews, he exhibits a great personailty, is gracious and has a great sense of humor. I guess it is because Kristen is shy, but she tends to look confused and distant.

July 16, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |