May 13th, 2010

Lisa Presley: Michael Jackson's grave could use a 'sun shower'

Lisa Presley isn’t too happy about all of the empty space around her late ex-husband Michael Jackson’s grave.

“While visiting him a few days ago at Forest Lawn , Riley and I couldn't help but notice that , while there are a few bouquets , candles and gifts there is a very large empty space around him and in front of him that could use a whole lot more,” Presley wrote on her MySpace blog.

More specifically, it could use a whole lot more sunflowers, since that was Jackson’s favorite flower, Presley said.

"When we were married, I would try and fill up rooms with them wherever he was,” Presley said. “I wanted to bring something to place near him that he liked and that wouldn't die so I brought a large vase of silk sunflowers and placed them near him. This barely made any kind of dent in the atmosphere so I thought of maybe letting those who care know what the situation is and how we can solve it.”

She added, "We can all cause a 'Sun shower' if you will...........He deserves to be flooded and surrounded."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. Jessica

Michael jackson was a kind and loving man his spirit will aways be in are hearts. it dosent matter what mj looks like on the outside . on the inside he had a heart of gold.

February 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Terrie

If any of you were truly MJ's fans ..You would know that ALL he ever wanted was for people to love each other and get along..All this "jive talking" probably turns him over in his grave!!!

November 17, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EVA

HOW TIMELY FOR LISA TO POP UP SHOWERING LOVE ON A CORPSE WHEN SHE IS MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE. tHIS WOMAN IS JUST TRYING TO CASH IN ON MJ LIKE OPRAH AND THE REST. hER MANAGEMENT HAS ADVISED HER TO DO THIS – WITH THE HOPE THAT SHE CAN INHERIT MJ'S FANS. NO WAY ! sHE WAS JUST AS STAR-STRUCK ABOUT MJ AS OTHERS. SHE LEFT HIM WHEN HE NEEDED HER MOST. SHE IS BANKING ON SELLING A NEW ALBUM SO IT WON'T FLOP LIKE THE LAST ONE. DON'T BE FOOLED- IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY! WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT ? IF SHE REALLY CARED, HOW COME SHE NEVER EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED MJ'S KIDS WHOM HE LOVED SO MUCH ? LISA IS TRYING TO SELL HER NEW ALBUM.

October 25, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. shell517nj

Some are missing the message here. Lisa only made a SUGGESTION. All flowers coming from one person "Lisa" isn't the same as coming from his fans from all over the world. Thanks Lisa for getting the word out and sharing with us that Michael loves the sunflower. I sent my flowers. Like Michael said "Its all for Love".

May 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. IndyAnn

My thought is–how much would that cost? A thousand? A couple of thousands?
    Lisa Maria is a millionaire. If she really loved him she should do it herself.
    She's always said she loved him no matter how an interview turned. I always admired her for that.
    I guess the cemetary doesn't allow silk flowers so they have to be fresh.
    You go first Lisa, show us you mean it and then maybe we will follow.

May 16, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Winnie

Thank you Lisa for the love and caring of Michael. We love you, too! I only wish that we could send the SILK flowers you asked for to surround him near his tomb inside. Those would have been much more practical and they could surround him for eternity. Sending our L.O.V.E. from Europe-Hungary

May 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. vee

Thankyou Lisa-Marie for caring.
    Most of his so called close friends only want sensationalism now so that they can make money for themselves. I know you don't need that. I know you are a true friend.
    Thankyou for being there for him.
    I also know that Michael loved you very much and looking at pictures I must say that when you were with him you looked so much alive and happy too.
    We need to remember Michael for who he was and not for who media wanted us to believe he was. Believe his true friends. Believe Michael Jackson himself.

May 15, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. cawobeth

May 14, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. carla

This is a beautifull gesture unbehalf of LMP. nICE JOB.

May 14, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RS

yeah how bout a Golden Shower instead...

May 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Amy

They loved each other and remained committed friends. She was a special guest at one of his HIStory concerts and you can see the affection in the pictures. Love that man!

May 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. nancy

lovely gesture. if you've got the money to do it...why not?

May 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. lisa

good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 14, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ekd

I can't believe the horrible comments. They loved each other. Leave her alone. What she was doing was visiting the grave of someone she loved with her daughter. Simple. And Michael loved her. I am sure he was happy that she was there, and it was extremely touching that she thought of the flowers and gave his fans a chance to interact and feel closer to Michael by being able to send his favorite flowers. Michael was aquitted. Have you ever been accused of something you never did? How did that feel?

May 14, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. thephu

You'll always be in our hearts MJ. To Lisa, if you want sun flowers and ar genuine about it surely you would have bought them. why do we all have to know you visited his grave? Shameless self promotion. Artificial flowers for that matter? how cheap

May 14, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kim

There are some really criptic messages here, ok so when one of your family members dies and people tell you not to sent them anything, or people make fun of you for trying to show some respect that's not right , I hate people sometimes, get lost get a life have some compassion. I think this is a good idea but I still don't like her and the fact she wasn't there for Michael during the trial or anyhing, but this is the right thing to do, you people should be ashamed saying he's dead for get about him, how about we say that about your family, just imagine your wife husband, mother, father, sister, brother dies today and we tell you to "get over it their dead", how cruel is that??? That's why this world is in the state it is no one gives a s**t about anyone unless it happens to them, well that's wrong if you don't have anything good to say keep it to yourself, and show some respect.

May 14, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kim

She should have showered him with love and affection when he was ALIVE, it's too late to be trying to make amends now. While I can acknowledge that it is a kind gesture, it makes me very sad to know it had to take his death for her to feel compelled to take care of him. Michael needed this love and attention and care when he was on Earth with us not now. There are so many fake phony people out there and she is one of them, she was not there for Michael when he needed her, and she was always ashamed to have been married to him. I will never forgive her and the way she talked about Michael and treated him after their divorce. How she she treat someone like trash who loved her so much?

May 14, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  18. barry g

Enough already. Get a life and move on !

May 14, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  19. Heather

Lisa- you've got plenty of money- why don't you shower him with sunflowers?

May 14, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. Leahann

OMG it's not like the family doesn't have the money to have flowers sent there. Lisa is in la la land herself. There are more important things going on in this world that your money could go to rather than Sun Flowers. Wow.

May 14, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  21. liz s

oh please.

May 14, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Bradley Grant (Screenwriter)

I was fortunate to know the man & the myth. I attended the memorial. It is an empty area due to the need to "hide" it if you will. The man, the entertainer, the friend & father deserves what every other person deserves dead or alive. Respect & rememberance.

May 14, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  23. Geri Webb

Please! Please! Let him rest in peace... he doen't need publicity now.... floweres or no flowers.... Maybe Lisa Marie is the one looking for publicity... If he was so wonderful, why did she divorce him?

May 14, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bigbill427

Stupid Hoe..

May 14, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  25. pitt03

Michael loved Lisa and Lisa loved Michael.
    Why can't people just accept that?

May 14, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  26. lovinthesun

I was suprised that he stayed in Cali. I figured he would be at Alcor in Scottsdale, AZ

May 14, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  27. George Lopez

Man, That woman is wacked

May 14, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  28. Quintessential

Again, she needs to leave MJ and his fans alone before she loses another husband in divorce. Yes, she loved MJ so much until she remarried twice, became pregnant with twins and posed partially nude with pics on the internet after their divorce. Where was she when he was in trouble during the 2003 trial? I remember crowds of fans gathered every single day to show support for MJ. People were there from all over the world waiting for hours just to say to him as he was arriving and leaving the courthouse- Hang in There Michael. We Love You. Michael. Michael. We Love You More. Also there was a group of people who gathered at his ranch with several huge barrels of red roses displayed all over the place. I would prefer her to mourn him very, very quietly and leave his fans alone. He is resting now.

May 14, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  29. reagan kyree perry

why would she be at his grave when he didnt need her but when he needer her the most she wasnt there what kind of women is she?

May 14, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  30. bonishia

I think she a ahoe but just for saing that there was empty spaces in his caste i think there empty spaces in her heart but i think she is trying to be a suckup well dont nobody like a suckup like her.

May 14, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  31. mjd

I would love to know what ended their "marriage". Beyond that, the man is dead and gone. Can we move on please?

May 14, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  32. BEV

while I love Lisa Marie, and understand what she was posting on her MySpace, (what did this have to do with taking care of children or self promotion...) but It's time we let this child molester/pervert fade quietly away. and she said "aritficial flowers" because she wanted something around him that would not die...read more slowly, it's easier to understand the words that way, lol

May 14, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  33. lisa

thank you so much lisa! we love michael as you do!

May 14, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  34. lauratj

wow,she was only married to him for a short while so at first I was thinking "why" is she even at his grave–then I thought about how much joy Michael broght to many & how he was a father,son,brother,husband & how he was a human being just like the rest of us. He was charitable.If flowers bring comfort then let it be.

May 14, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  35. Mary Maude Henry

Artificial flowers? Like she cannot afford artificial flowers? the woman is such a loser-ridicules him when he was alive and tries to ride his coattails in death. The only way she makes headlines are such futile actions, she is what I call an empty celebrity-one who has proved nothing!

May 14, 2010 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. Judy Florescu

Why aren't these comments censored? You narrow-minded insignificant worms that dare to criticize Michael and Lisa, eat your own excrements!

May 14, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dirk

Michael Jackson loved sunflowers and my latest album – not that I'm trying to promote myself somehow...

May 14, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  38. sharad

she is nuts....and so was he .. !

May 14, 2010 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  39. Tina

I made an earlier comment and I must rectify a wrong. While she, her mother and Oprah did bash Michael while he was alive, I recognize it's not my place to judge her. Just as God will judge her, he will judge me. So, I apologize and wish her well.

May 14, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  40. FRANCISCO

His talent will always be with us! that´s all we have to care about!! He did something no one has ever done!! He was, and still is THE BEST!! He is no longer with us, but his music will remain, the same as the people who loved and admired him, Lisa Marie might have been one of them!!

May 14, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  41. Irit

In June 25 it will be a year since MJ died. Fans that want can sent flower the address in her blog is

The Holy Terrace At Forest Lawn
    1712 South Glendale Avenue
    Glendale Calif, 91205

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. pcmax

Sweetheart, he's dead.

May 13, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  43. shell517nj

The address to send the flowers are on her blog.

May 13, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  44. troia

you people are about as ridiculous as they come....none of you knew the child molestor formerly known as michael jackson....nor do you know lisa marie or anything about they're very private, albeit bizarre relationship.

she was doing a nice thing which involved no "butt kissing"...so please take your xanex and stop bashing her.

May 13, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

And unless you were 1 of the supposed child victims...or right in the middle of the bed Michael and Lisa shared....you know about as much as everyone else. Including who's butt she did or didn't kiss.

October 22, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Quintessential

She needs to focus her attention on her family now and leave MJ and his fans alone before she looses another husband in divorce.

May 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Joni

Please, let's not ruin this cemetery with a "sun shower." Cemeteries are a reverent place and people have started decorating them like they are play parks. My dad's resting place has become so overrun with faded silk flowers, candles, pinatas handing from trees, even little white picket fences around grave sites, that we are going to disinter him and scatter his remains rather than have him buried someplace that allows this tacky display to continue without some kind of stopping point. I understand that people grieve differently and they want to remember their loved ones in their own way, but the cemetery isn't that place. Lisa should encourage Michael's fans to establish a flower grove at a near-by park, like Yoko Ono did for John Lennon with Strawberry Fields at Central Park in NYC. Please don't encourage fans to leave junk in this cemetery. He's not the only one buried there and unless the family bought all the plots around Michael's that would allow room for the trinkets and flowers, the surrounding ground will someday be used for someone elses burial. Show respect for his memory in a constructive way and also have respect for the other families who want a quiet, dignified place to go visit their family members.

May 13, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  47. shell517nj

I believe Michael and Lisa had something very special. From the pictures I've seen on the internet they appeared to be in love and very happy together. Always smiling and holding hands. If she has come to realize you don't miss a good thing until its gone...kudos to Lisa. I wasn't fond of her behavior after Michael died, but true love never dies. I say, "Go with your heart Lisa." Personally I beleive you only truley love once...nothing like your FIRST love. I would like to send flowers. How is it done? Remember MJ fans, Its all for love. Maybe we can also do this on the anniversary of Michael's death and his Birthday. Something big...Long live the King of Pop!

May 13, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Darlene Wilder

I sent flowers and where they end up, I will probably never know. But it was the thought I was really sending. I felt honored that LMP shared her feelings and gave an address that enabled people to send a token of caring, not just for Michael but aslo for the ones who love him. I don't believe it was ment to start arguements of who cared and who didn't or when or why, but to allow people who have not yet been able to express their feelings to do so. I don't believe LMP for one minute ment for it to be about her.

May 13, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Cindy

Well then add the damn flowers urself and shut up already.

May 13, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  50. MissDiscipline

She's got all her daddy's money so why doesn't she order an s load of sun flowers and have them delivered? Her intent might have been good but I think its icky to tell us to send flowers. Keep his memory alive by listening and dancing to his music, send flowers to the living and make someone feel special. Flowers are for those left behind, not the dead.

May 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tom Joyce

I agree that she said some hateful things about him, but one thing she always said is that she did not believe the allegations about him molesting children – and she actually knew him quite well, unlike the 1 or 2 petty haters on this post.

I didn't know you could send flowers; I do know you can't visit the grave site. I have made contributions to animal charities in his name instead.

I don't think anyone need worry about his legacy being forgotten.

May 13, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Rob - Australia

Jeez, self promotion around a dead ex. Sad....

May 13, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Janne Anderson

Lisa, I know you loved him and thanks for expressing yourself and visuallizing you at Michael side a few days ago warms me and that is how I will get by for a few more days, weeks. that picture of you and Riley getting by visiting Michael. Still miss him everyday.

May 13, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  54. osa1

I thought he was buried in a mausoleum also, and that you have to be on some list to be able to enter it?

May 13, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Tina

She makes me sick to my stomach! A few years ago, on the Oprah Winfrey Show, she, her mother, and Oprah were having a grand ol' time bashing the hell out of his reputation!!! I wish she would fess up and publicly acknowledge that she and the other Judases contributed some of the nails that closed his coffin!!

May 13, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

Tina....I could've sworn I heard the same thing form 'em. And Okra's always had her negative comments about him.

October 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • ME

Hey! Don't insult Okra. It's delicious! Now, Oprah on the other hand... is food for the idiotic masses.

November 18, 2010 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  56. Evangelicide

Fly me out there and I'll be more than happy to shower his grave with "liquid sunshine." And by that I mean...

May 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Brenda-Kay

Very well said Rosemary, I agree with everything you said except for liking this woman, I think she was cruel and heartless to Michael and is one of the many in Hollywood that shunned him. I don't believe a word she say and she is just guilt ridden and I hope it tears her guts out...

M J is better off resting in peace and not having to deal with the hatefulness of this world.... I do so miss you though, we were so fortunate to have you.....

May 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mandy

I thought that was a heartfelt gesture from Lisa. Nothing wrong with that, it's good to know she visited his tomb and cared to share her thoughts with Mj's fans.

May 13, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  59. joe jackson

what lies before the tomb is all that was laid there by fans.

a pledge drive for flowers isn't needed.

May 13, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonie

I agree Mr. Jackson, a pledge drive is not needed, his fans loved him dearly and Michael knew that, we shouldnt have to ask for flowers to be delivered, we all know his burial is a private place and hard to access. But it is the love in our hearts that keep him alive. He will live on forever with his memories and his music.

June 7, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Lessley

If his fans were allowed anywhere near it...there would be no space left. but sun flowers or empty space..its not going to bring MJ back. LMP had a chance to stand by/for him while he was alive. she was one of the people that turned their backs on him so she shouldn't let anybody know about the 'situation' let his REAL friends and his family do what they want. at the end of the day his fans and his families are the only ones who love him no matter what.

May 13, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Alicia

Lisa please you told marie claire he was the worst mistake of your life. Don't let the guilt push you to kiss butt now. Makes me want to pelt her with sunflower seeds.

May 13, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Rosemary

Wow, this is too much. Although i generaly like Lisa Presley, she always responded with negative comments and embarassment when asked about her marriage to MJ with comments like "thats the past, i was young and stupid" when being interviewed. Where was all the love when Michael was alive?? It's upsetting.
    MJ needed love and support but kept getting shunned by some of the people whom he loved dearly. I remember clearly when Brooke Shields was confronted about the 1993 alleged molestation charges, she responded with a negative reply saying that she hadn't been in contact with MJ for years instead of defending him! I think that ET has that footage where she is coming out of a restaurant in the evening time. Now since MJ has died, she has a new tune about how 'close' they were. Ugh, gag! So phony.
    It's just too bad that MJ wasn't around sincere hearted people during his lifetime and instead dealt with phonies. If he had true love from friends or spouses, there's no way he'd have ended up as he did.
    RIP dear sweet Michael.

May 13, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Siobhan Elizabeth

Lisa loved Michael, and always said he never harmed a child. But after some further surgery on his head, and probably some of his plastic surgery, his was addicted to Rx pills and after dealing with that with her father, she just couldn't handle it with Michael. She tried, everybody tried, but no one could get through to him. She finally realized that she could not handle this situation, and she had to worry about her children witnessing a stoned MJ so she left. But, death makes us forget all the bad, she no longer has to worry about MJs addiction, only to mourn that they took him too soon.

November 16, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Debra Savittieri

Yes! Marie, you are very kind. Thanks for pointing this out and not letting his memory get lost....He so deserves sunflowers everyday at his grave ...I thought he was in a mosoleum? Emplty space inside??

May 13, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  64. tom

I thought he was perserved and parked in the corner of a frat house with a beer in his hand

May 13, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Andagain

Are we back to beatifying this pervert?

May 13, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  66. wayne

people are already forgetting his legacy..as is she...where are her flowers?

May 13, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Alistair

Wow Lisa where were you when Michael need you the most?

May 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. brenda

nice thought but I am sure Michaels family would have taken care of that if they were his favourite flower

May 13, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. RILEX

Are you sure that she didn't mean GOLDEN SHOWER? I think that would be more appropriate for him.

May 13, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Yacine

Well IU wonder where the hell she was when WE FANS were supporting him everyday................ Please this talk has regret written all over it.

May 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Victor

If he really liked the sunflowers why not?

May 13, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Rita

I thought Michael was enclosed in a tomb or something like that. He actually is buried???

May 13, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Isabel

Well I think it is a heartfelt gesture that Lisa wants to cause a "sunshower" for Michael Jackson. Nobody knows her heart but Lisa and her close loved ones. If this is done from the heart, don't put her down. Way to go Lisa, keep following your heart!

May 13, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Kyara Wilson

she is sooooo wrong for that! she should be more worried about those children and not herself!!!!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |