May 12th, 2010

Countdown to the 'Idol' Top 4 minus 1

testing captions
testing captions

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

9:56 p.m - Ok, no fair bringing Big Mike's baby up on stage!

I feel a tear. He sings his heart out. Way to leave with class, Big Mike.

9:54 p.m. - Big Mike's wife looks destroyed.

So sad, but at least she got to hang on for an extra five weeks. Think of all the people he got to meet and pick up in the air.

He should be very proud.

9:52 p.m. - Sounds like two girls planned to yell "I love you Lee" just at the right moment.

The person in the top three is...

Crystal a.k.a. MamaSox!

9:42 p.m. - Yeah,  you knew it was too early to find out that Big Mike didn't make the Top 3.

Instead we have a performance by Bon Jovi who perform "Superman Tonight."

I swear these cats never age, though I have to say that I find Jon Bon Jovi's hair slightly disturbing for some reason. I just look at it and think "Baby Trump."

I still dig Bon Jovi anyway. Their music makes me feel like I am back in a bar on the Jersey Shore. This new single doesn't rock as hard as their older stuff, but I'm glad they are still in the game and doing so well.

9:34 p.m. - Seacrest reminds us that the "results are in no particular order."

Well, clearly since Casey is the first to go sit in a safe seat. No way that dude got more votes than Lee.

We drag out some more time by letting folks ramble about their performances. Clearly no one is going to step up and say "Yeah, I stunk up the joint last night and I regret it."

The next person to be announced as safe is....

Lee!

His people look overjoyed.

That means either Big Mike or MamaSox is headed home. I will be stunned if it's MamaSox!

9:23 p.m. - I probably straight look the fool bouncing on my sofa waiting for Seacrest to announce Daughtry.

Chris D., oh how I have missed you. You take me back to the days when the majority of the contestants were either awesome or borderline awesome.

But I digress.

Daughtry sings "September" and he's still my favorite rocker from the show.  Wow, he's good.

9:14 p.m.- Everyone is so earnest in their desire to return home as one of the Top 3.

Alas, it is not to be for one of them.

"Big Mike" Lynche and Casey James both want to see their pups. So sweet!

The families being up on stage is going to be crazy emotional I sense.

First up, Mike and Casey. "Big Mike" picked their duet song so good for him.

Crystal "MamaSox" Bowersox and Le DeWyze talk about how much fun they had learning their duet song.

The first person announced as safe is....

Casey James!

Uh uh. I think I know what that means....

9:11 p.m. - Whoever leaves tonight is probably sure to miss filming the music video/commercial every week.

Not!

Everyone is on a stool waiting to find out who gets the hometown visit that comes along with being in the Top 3.

Great to see some of the past ones.

9:01 p.m. – Lots of people voted for our Top 3 apparently. Hope they made the right choice.

Fantasia is back!

She sings her new song "Bittersweet" and she looks like she has been hitting the gym on the regular. Wish I could see her eyes more, but her shaggy haircut is hanging in her face.

I always thought she should have had such a bigger career than she has because she's so talented. Her voice is just incredible and she is an amazing performer.

I interviewed her a few months ago and asked her if she regretted not having a better career and she laughed that little girl laugh and said "I ain't done yet baby!"

Love me some Tasia!

1. Rigs

COUGARS ARE...

$EXY

IN-CONTROL

DOMINATE

POWERFUL

ALSO THE #1 REASON WHY CASEY IS IN THE TOP 3 FINALIST

AS I SAID BEFORE DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BE SHOCKED IF IT'S CASEY AND LEE IN THE FINALS WITH LEE BEING YOUR NEXT AMERICAN IDOL...

ANY QUESTIONS...LOL

May 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Isabel

Honestly, these blogs should be called the Mozart and Protogere blog. I am tired of seeing there opinions over and over as if no one has read their opinions the first 50 times. Get over yourselves!

May 13, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. moon627

Jatelle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

May 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jatelle

@moon627 Taylor Hicks had more charisma in his pinky finger than the entire top 12 this year.

May 13, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rigs

PS COUGARS RULE LOL

May 13, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rigs

BEWARE OF THE COUGARS

ALL THESE COUGARS WANT TO SINK THERE TEETH & CLAWS INTO CASEY AND I WONT BE SHOCKED IF HE MAKES THE FINAL PAIR....

I PERSONALLY THINK ITS LEE VS. CHRSTAL IN THE FINALS WITH LEE YOUR NEXT AMERICAN IDOL....ANY QUESTIONS? LOL

May 13, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Carrie

I like Mamasox and want to see her win. I'm not going to bad mouth any of them because they have way more talent than I do. I will say that Mike was a great singer just did the same thing over and over again. I like them all though. I hope to see Lee and mamasox in the top 2

May 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rigs

BEWARE OF THE COUGARS

May 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. moon627

OMG !!! TAYLOR HICKS WAS THE WORST AI EVER !!! AMERICA GOT IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG THAT TIME !!! WHAT A JOKE :P

May 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chrisie

why is everyone bashing Casey??? closely listen to his voice – it's awesome – and so very star-like handsome – movie star looks – his voice on the new Idol CD is the best – listen more carefully – never out of pitch – he is the perfect "Idol" if you think about it. Picture those eyes on the big screen – another Paul Newman – Brad Pitt

May 13, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jatelle

@Barbara P. May 12th, 2010 9:28 pm ET Yes you and America were a good judge of talent in 2006 when you voted for Taylor Hicks as the winner, but seeing Taylor Hicks was BLACKBALLED from the music industry for wanting to be his own artist and not signing with American Idol management, The best way American Idol can convince people Taylor Hicks was not talented is by keeping him off television, which they have. People keep saying Daughtry was robbed, when Taylor Hicks was really the one who was robbed: No advance single, no video, no radio promotion, no prime time TV spots to showcase his talent, no support from idol....all things which Daughtry has had and is still receiving.

Crystal Bowersox, take note. If you want to be your own artist, be prepared to pay a price.

May 13, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. michele

now that i think about it.........i don't think crystal will win........simply for the fact that she wanted out of the show a couple of weeks ago.....she prob signed a contract that forces her to stay til she is voted off....i REALLY don't think she wants to win because she will be in a signed contract with AI and will be forced to be away from her family ..kid and ugly boyfriend....and that will be the only way she will get out of the slavery contract..........

and she is really lactching onto Lee tight....so i think she has a plan to let Lee win.....

May 13, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. Fred

The big problem with Crystal & Casey are that they don't have universal appeal. Both are awesome in their element, but putting Crystal in an evening gown or Casey in a tux, then asking them to croon, doesn't work. Lee has more flexibility and, if he can overcome his shyness, he's the winner. If it comes down to Lee & Crystal, the Crystal will probably suffer the same fate as Adam Lambert–the best talent, but not mainstream enough.

May 13, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. louise

Who the hell cares .... begone American Idol, begone, the best days of thi show were over long ago.

May 13, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. DJS

There is no way Casey should be there. He is not good. At least not as good as Mike.

May 13, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  16. dogs rule

Jenn: hope you are right!
    Crystal sucks and should be the next one to get the boot!
    At least Casey is CUTE!!! And, he and Lee don't just sing a variation of the same song, week upon week!
    Let's all get behind LEE!!!! Yay. He 's the best, and he doesn't look like a $5.00 street-walker!!!!

May 13, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ol Diz

***yawn***To quote another Gomer – "surprise, surprise, surprise." The tension mounts until next Wednesday when – SHOCK – Casey goes home. What you ask? Crystal & Lee in the finals?? Who saw THAT coming?

And one more thing before I take my medication: What's with the "..me some tasia," and redundant "Mamasox" references? Are you personal friends with them or just annoying? Let me guess that one too.

May 13, 2010 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  18. tiredocrap

Finally...

May 13, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. Don't judge me

@Michele HOW CONVIENTLY MIKE'S BABY WAS IN THE AUDIENCE TONIGHT As long as Mike's wife was there, the infant would be close by (sure she is nursing)

May 12, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jangeo

Who sings the song at the end of the show when the film clip of the person leaving is shown? Does any one know the name of the song and who sings it?

May 12, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. htx

michele – you must really like big mike...

rigged? surely not, if you listened to his whole tirade last night... apparently he aspired to be in the top 3... of course he'd want his child 'seeing his daddy try to make something of himself, for her' (paraphrased)... i think he knew he couldn't do better, hence the odd statement... fail.

he should have never been saved... if just put in those terms, siobhan would have been far more deserving...

May 12, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jenn

Our next American Idol? Lee DeWyze!

May 12, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. michele

WAIT ONE MIN...........THERE'S ANOTHER CLUE THAT THIS SHOW IS RIGGED.........HOW CONVIENTLY MIKE'S BABY WAS IN THE AUDIENCE TONIGHT

May 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  24. bodie

It was pretty well assured Casey was going to survive, he's cute and single. But, the man with the pipes was Big Mike. Sorry to see him go, but he did not pick a good song for himself last night. He looked like he knew he was going to be in trouble. I'll miss his soul, R&B vibe. As we all know, the best are not always voted for on AI.

May 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Robyn

LEE all the way!! Soulful, humble, and extremely happy for the blessings that have come his way. I am thrilled for him and his success and I know that if he stays true to himself and the artist that he is he CAN win this whole thing! Keep strong Lee.....bring it home!

May 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. M. Carey

Big Mike seems to be a great guy and friend – i think he will be invited to continue on.. he has a beautiful voice and a great personality! It seems also that everyone in that jury likes his charismatic ways- I felt bad he had to leave... Now.. I think Lee will be the winner this time. His voice is amazing and his very humble ways has conquer all the girls' heart...! Krystal is an authentic artist – will be hard at the end... Casey is a cute guy and he is a good guitarist- I was thinking he would go back home tonight... Oh well...

May 12, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Don't judge me

@Nate Right on about the talent level. I remember David Arculetta, and Adam Lambert especially with Mad World!

May 12, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. htx

i would have been very upset if big mike wasn't sent home...

finally happy to see an undue save rebuked by america...

May 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  29. michele

lee should win this thing now....

May 12, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jonathan

Big Mike should not have gone home. He was the best singer left. All of them are great artists, but isn't this a singing show?? Big Mike was this year's Daughtry

May 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Nate

Michele...Mike SHOULD have been gone weeks ago except for that stupid judges save rule they added. While admit he is a decent singer he had no business sniffing the finals. This years talent level is medicore at best, I don't think any of the top 3 would have made the top 5 last year

May 12, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  32. michele

to put it mildly.......she should have been disqualified when she was hospitalized..........not have the show run around her issues.......

May 12, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. J

Lee's the only one who said he wants to go home to thank his supporters... I like that about him.

May 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. michele

no she is getting more attention than any of them period full stop

May 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Nate

Michelle are you serious that this is rigged? Mama-sox getting more attention than Mike...whatever you are smoking get me some of that. All we saw during Hollywood week was Mike and Mike and Mike and Mike, so your argument holds no merit

May 12, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jeff r

Would have been nice to see my fox station went blank right after lee got in top 3 its BS! !and my cable people don't care

May 12, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jim

@michele...WHAT? As a person with several diabetics in the family, that's just rude!

May 12, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Don't judge me

It's sad every week when they send 1 person home...they came so far, it must hurt. Mike has a great voice. Every week, Ellen tells the loser "I'll see you tomorrow on my show". That helps lessen the blow, and it is very nice of Ellen.

May 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  39. millie

The only rigging was the caving in by producers who let BIG on the show in the first place. Were there threats by the ACLU?

May 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jim

@ millie you r cool!

May 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Rigs

btw America got it right today!!!!!!!! any questions? lol

May 12, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Byron

Tonight was my last night watching AI

May 12, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. michele

@9:56 p.m – Ok, no fair bringing Big Mike's baby up on stage!

why not they bring crytals insulin pump into it

May 12, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Rigs

Mike was blessed to be there still...Saved??????? are you kidding me lol
    w t h they have SAVES is a mystery to me lol

LEE IS YOUR NEXT AMERICAN IDOL....any questions? lol

May 12, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  45. davinlcutch

Big Mike with his baby brings a tear to my eyes....... best of luck to you Big Mike. See everyone next week! Should be a wild one!

May 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mozart4898

I don't think this is the last of Mike either. As a Crystal fan I should want the weakest person to be up against her in the final 2, but honestly, I wanted to see Mike with her at the end. It's about singing, or it should be, and that guy's a really really good singer.

May 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  47. James

I love how "this show is rigged" only when a favorite contestant gets eliminated; otherwise, it's fine.

May 12, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Michelle

That baby should have protective earwear. Insane.

May 12, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. willyboy

I'm sure Mike will get to record at least one album, probably more-

May 12, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  50. millie

Bye Big Sam! Please let the door hit you in the ass. That is if you can get through it.

May 12, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Barbara P

OK, I agree with the decision... but I'm sad cause he really does have a great stage presence.

May 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jim

We should have know that it was Mike. Mike was the only contestant that got a T-shirt with contestant from Jamie.

May 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jim

I do not think we heard the last of Big Mike

May 12, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  54. michele

this show is so RIGGED........... i'm not watching it any more.........yup they p***ed me off for the last time with their favouring and giving sox more attention..........

May 12, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jim

Mike will probably be the first of the top ten to get a recording contract.

May 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  56. willyboy

I did like Mike, but he just never grew on me like Lee and Crystal did.

May 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. protogere

Oh god we get to get the baby recap. I'm not surprised and I really hope we see more of him, he really is a talented singer but I don't know how he will find a genre or niche to really play his work.

May 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Rigs

told you Mike is going home lolllllllllllllllllllllll any questions? lol

May 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. davinlcutch

Crystal is safe. WOW.... I almost lost it! Big Mike is good......keep it going dude, keep it going.

May 12, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. willyboy

Well here we are– which one will it be- it's Mike to go, Crystal to stay!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. protogere

LoL Jim

May 12, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jim

Bon Jovi is going home.

May 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Don't judge me

I feel bad for who ever is getting eliminated tonight!

May 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Barbara P

@ protogere – Ha! on the Jordan Sparks reference. That's always the contradiction in this show – a bunch of kids on the way up (maybe) and some golden oldies on the way down. Gotta be both inspiring and a little frightening for the newbies.

May 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. protogere

Sorry LoL I loved Bon Jovi when I was younger and even my hubby turned his chair around to watch when he heard them announced, but I don't know, when they tried to re-invent themselves as country singers – I just can't tolerate listening to their newer stuff.

May 12, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jim

And the ONE going home tonight is!!!!!!????????

May 12, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Linda

Maybe since most believe that Crystal is the top vote getter, they are giving Mike a chance to get used to the idea he is leaving. If Crystal is gone, I won't watch the rest of the shows. I really don't care between the three guys.

May 12, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  68. mozart4898

Yeah @ willyboy, the vote predictors/polls that I saw all had Crystal out in front by a good bit. Unless the same thing happened that happened to Daughtry – people who liked Crystal felt she was safe so they voted to keep their 2nd favorite in, and so she didn't get the votes. But DialIdol sure doesn't show that.

May 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  69. ike Canada

Bon Jovi ...great, but Mike is going home, which makes me sad. Butthats life...you've got to live it!

May 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Michelle

I am with you @willyboy. I am totally out if Crystal goes.

May 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Don't judge me

Wow, Jon Bon got better with age...

May 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. davinlcutch

LOL @ protogere! Nice....Social Security!

May 12, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. protogere

Where's Jordan when you need her to tell Jon how much her mom liked them when she was a teenager?

May 12, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  74. michele

i'll laugh if its crystal...........lol.i'm hoping it is

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  75. willyboy

If Crstal goes tonight, that's it for me- I will NOT watch another eposode of AI ever–

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. protogere

It's newish Mozart, within the last few months.

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Keisha

yeah casey should have been the one going home but the way its coming down to is that mike will be leaving and crystal is safe. But i would love to have it be all the guys.

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Rigs

ppsttt Mike is going home....any questions? lolllllllllllll

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  79. willyboy

I'm a bit surprised that Bon Jovi chose this song- I'd thought he'd do one of his more famous songs–

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  80. mozart4898

Dumb question – is this a new song for Bon Jovi or is this a lesser-known older song? I should know but I don't.

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. michele

DARN PITTS LOST BACK TO IDOL

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Byron

We all know that more than likely Big Mike is going home. I think it's a shame to keep putting this man in the bottom three. I can recall, about 2 weeks ago, Big Mike was in the bottom two and when Ryan went to announce who was going home, he said the person who staying didn't have the lowest scores which was Big Mike, and every week after that Big Mike was in the bottom three. It seems to me that American Idol has favorites and like picking on a certain brand of people.

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  83. protogere

You'd think between royalties and social security Bon Jovi could stop torturing us all and let us remember when they could rock.

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  84. davinlcutch

I am going out on a limb here and say that if we lose Crystal tonight.....I may not be able to bring myself to complete the season. I do not think it is going to happen, but it is a long shot.....kinda like the Habs beating my Pens tonight! ARGH!

May 12, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Mac

Oh No! Lee is safe too! It looks like Mike is headed home. He and Crystal should be the final two based on vocal talent

May 12, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Jim

We will know in about 15 minutes.!!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  87. protogere

I was trying to think of when we had 3 males in the top three but I guess it was just last year that that happened. I don't know that Crystal will be gone – I do know she has a lot of people who dislike her too, but that just means they have to vote for someone else.

May 12, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. willyboy

I'm pretty sure crystal is safe– and mike is out– otherwise all the "predictors" are way out wacky .

May 12, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. lily

no agonize – its mike. Sorry that its not casey – the weakest voice.

May 12, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Don't judge me

It's down to Mike and Crystal....I'm cracking under the pressure!

May 12, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. protogere

I thought when they said going back home, they meant going back home. Dang.
    Well given what we have left, that for me says Mike is gone. I think Crystal has a strong enough following to save her. I'm about an hour outside of Mike's home town and we never hear anything about him so I don't know that he has that hometown support.

May 12, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jim

It's Mike...he has the smallest following.

May 12, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  93. willyboy

which one is safe?? Lee is safe! now we get to agonize over mike & crystal

May 12, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  94. davinlcutch

The second slot is..........Lee is safe.........OMG, OMG. OMG.

May 12, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. protogere

Willy he is my bet, yes.

May 12, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  96. protogere

Exactly Davin, it didn't matter what he came out to sing, he gave it so much passion and he perfected it. I am so glad he continued his career despite not winning.

May 12, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  97. mozart4898

Yes...if we're including last week, Casey should have been gone. Totally agree there.

May 12, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  98. willyboy

More results now--mike first– maybe he's safe– and Lee is out?

May 12, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  99. protogere

I agree mozart, if based on last night alone. But a week ago, when Casey showed he is nothing without a guitar, he should have been gone.

May 12, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  100. davinlcutch

@ protogere.....I agree totally with your view on Chris Daughtry.....his inflection while singing is second to none. Total control of lyrics, pace and passion in his songs.

May 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  101. mozart4898

To all those wondering why Casey is safe...truthfully, after last night, Lee deserves to go home, but I doubt he will. Probably will be Mike, and he doesn't deserve to get eliminated at this point either.

May 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Kim

Daughtry=HOT!

May 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  103. davinlcutch

@ Jim...... so do some boys! (Oooops did I say that out loud)?

May 12, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mozart4898

@ willyboy – The DialIdol raw votes had Mike at the bottom, but their scores put Casey at the bottom. Seeing Casey safe makes it seem that Mike's the one in danger. IdolDemocracy has Mike in last too, but not much separates him from Casey and even Lee in that poll. Crystal is way out in front on it (over 55%). So I'm figuring Mike goes. Lee deserves to, but it'd be the shock of the season so far if he doesn't. If they declare Mike safe next...there's gonna be a heck of a lot of nervous people all over the country, I'm thinking.

May 12, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  105. willyboy

I think the cougars are voting for Casey too:)

May 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Jim

The girls like his looks.

May 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  107. protogere

Daughtry is and always was an amazing performer who gave it 100% every time he came out on stage.

May 12, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Barbara P

OK, here's something I don't tell many folks. I was never a great fan of Daughtry – I appreciated his nice guy'ness and his rock dedication, but his habit of singing sideways to the mike always bugged me. Even worse (and even more of a secret), I really did like Taylor Hicks, though he didn't go anywhere post AI. I must not be the best judge of talent :)

May 12, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Mac

WHAT? After last night's lame solo by Casey, why is this man in the final 3? There are far too many teeny babies voting for him. It is not based on talent!

May 12, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jim

Is it just me or does anyone else look a Chris and think of "The Boss"

May 12, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  111. willyboy

I've always liked Daughtry- He's another good artist that got to use the AI springboard-

May 12, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  112. mozart4898

True story, since I wasn't watching AI when Daughtry was on, I didn't realize that he wasn't the winner. It wasn't until like late in 2007 I found out he didn't win his season. Still think he's great, and obviously he's doing well.

May 12, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  113. davinlcutch

Man Chris D. YOU ROCK MY WORLD! (pun intended). Totally AMAZING!

May 12, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  114. willyboy

DialIdol's vote totals had Mike at the bottom– Crystal & Lee were pretty much tied–

May 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  115. R

I think Casey has way overstayed his welcome. Not a huge fan of anyone this year, but I don't think he should be there over any of the other three...

May 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Rigs

psstt dont tell anyone but i said Mike was going home...BEFORE!!! lolllll

May 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Barbara P

I really do like Casey – and not just for the fabulous hair. I'm glad he's safe, though he shouldn't win it. I'm not sure if Mike is going home or not – could be Lee. There seems to be so much undercurrent with everyone but Casey – just an open book. Crystal should win it all...but she seems so ambivalent about it all. Interesting.

May 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Michelle

Oh my – I am freaking out...what if Crystal goes home?

May 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  119. davinlcutch

@ protogere....I was feeling the same when that piece was rolling. That little segment represented some serious talent!

May 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jim

My feeling is that Big Mike will be the one leaving today.

May 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  121. mozart4898

Casey's safe! Well, not a total shocker, as I figured Mike was going home, but I figured he was next most likely to go.

May 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  122. davinlcutch

WOW families on stage.....that was kinda cool.

OHHHHHHHHH my here we go!

Casey is first to be safe! OMG!

May 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  123. protogere

bleh!

May 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  124. protogere

You know seeing the past winners and top 3 just reminds me how much more talented they were than this year's batch.

May 12, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Keisha

i love fantasia.....

May 12, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  126. michele

WATCHING THE HOCKEY GAME INSTEAD....LOL

May 12, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  127. protogere

Copied from the other page because no one left me breadcrumbs :(
    She's grown a lot mozart. She was like what second or third season? – a long time ago LoL. But kind of like Davin mentioned, she did initially really seem to pattern herself after Mary J, almost a combination of Mary J and Ella – if you can hear that mentally.
    She's really come into her own, created her own unique style and she has such a beautiful personality and voice, I have always liked her a lot.

May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  128. mozart4898

Oh looky here, new blog post! Lol. Yeah, 37 million votes, the highest of the season so far. Could bring some interesting results...who knows.

May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |