May 12th, 2010

Bon Jovi and more for 'Idol' elimination night

Would if there could be more duets!

I loved, loved, loved the “Idol” contestants pairing off and wish – at least this season – that there was more of that magic and less of some of the solo performances.

Watch a discussion about the Top 4 performance show:

Wednesday night will feature appearances by  Bon Jovi, season three “American Idol” winner Fantasia, and the band Daughtry which is fronted by former “Idol” contestant Chris Daughtry.

I feel safe predicting that “Big Mike” Lynche and Casey James will be in the bottom two. But as for who is going home, that’s any one’s guess.

Don’t forget after the show to head over to iReport and leave your video questions for the contestant who gets sent home.

Next entry »
  1. Jody Capraro

Thanks for your post. I would love to remark that the very first thing you will need to do is verify if you really need credit repair. To do that you must get your hands on a duplicate of your credit profile. That should not be difficult, since the government makes it necessary that you are allowed to obtain one cost-free copy of the credit report per year. You just have to inquire the right people today. You can either check out the website for your Federal Trade Commission as well as contact one of the major credit agencies straight.

June 29, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. Caden Alexander

i remember Bon Jovi when i was still in high school, Bon Jovi was very popular in the 90's*,~

October 7, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Alicia Matthews

Bon Jovi in the 90's is super popular and can i say the king of rock and roll on those days*'~

July 12, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Oliver Jones

Bon Jovi definitely rocks, the best rock and roll band in the planet;-"

June 10, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fair

I love Crystal, she has great talent, great vocals. He is unique and I hope she wins. As far as Mike leaving, he'll have a contract someplace, he is very good. Same with Casey and Lee, The best vocal that is just not the same thing you hear all the time comes from Crystal and Lee, you really have to admit that. If your listening at all.

May 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Diane

Casey should have been gone, grant you Mike was't that good but Casey is so boring to watch and his peformance forgetable. Good looks will not get you far and that what it was based on by some of the voters.

May 13, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. africa

I think that Big Mike ,Lee and Crystal should have been in the finals. However, Casey is a damn good guitar player. I think he should really be in someones band. Who knows he might just be another Daughtery.

May 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. berto

Mike should win the show! plain and simple

May 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jennifer sinner

Who cares! I just want to see Jon!!!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mark

casey's safe... so, bye bye mike...

May 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Keisha

Well i love fantasia and she is in no comparison to Mary J Blige two different tones all together sorry you don't know the difference.

May 12, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. davinlcutch

I miss David Archaletta! He was a cutie patoootie!

May 12, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. davinlcutch

I am so worked up over tonight.....this thing could go any way. I am just so thankful that my sound and video are working simultaniously.

May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. davinlcutch

I have never been a fav of Fantasia....she has seemed like a used carbon-copy of Mary J............and that makes me feel like Simon saying that.

May 12, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. protogere

I disagree Michele. That's her hometown paper. When Vonzel from our town was in the top 10 through top 3, they had her name on every billboard, the local designer White House Black Market gave her her wardrobe each week, the local news featured pieces on her every night, and since she worked at the local post office prior to competing, the USPS offices were decked out with banners. It's called support. Nothing more.

May 12, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jim

I agree wow. And for those who are interested here is the correct link...

May 12, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. michele

@WOW.......THATS NOT THE POINT..............THE POINT IS SHE IS GETTING BETTER TREATMENT THAN THE REST....FOR EXAMPLE WHEN SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED

May 12, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mark

hope mike's bags are packed...

May 12, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. wow

I just want to comment back on the people that are making a big deal of Crystal's page. She is from a small town in Ohio and yes people are happy that someone from here can go and do something like this. Don't be upset because she has some home town support. Personally if you don’t like her then don’t worry about what she has and the others don’t. Make them a page if you are so worried about it. But it is all about showing that she has the support of her home town!

May 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. protogere

I am so excited to see Daughtry and it will be nice to see Fantasia again too as I haven't seen anything from her since her made for TV show.

May 12, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. moon627

Hi Lisa – this might be the first time I agree with you ...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE DUETS ! ! !

This might be the start of something new for AI instead of individual contestants ... or at least make this a part of the show going forward.

If they cant get a career going on their own at least they know they can get together in pairs to make a go of it :)

May 12, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Keisha

I agree with you michele why does she get all this stuff and none of the others.. the judges has favored her since hollywood week.. but i thought siobhan and lilly was better than her though..

May 12, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. michele

did you know crystal has her own newspaper page check it out

toledoblade dot com

ohhhhhhhhh pulllllllleze

May 12, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Keisha

Well Casey should be the one going home if it does come down to him and Mike. However, the worst of the night and even singing an song that Chris Daughtry killed on AI should be in the bottom with Casey. But we will see who goes home. Crystal wasn't all that to me, but the producers and judges all seem to be voting for her. And it almost seems as if they are keeping the lest talented ones in the top 3 so that she will have an landslide to win.. Which to me AI has defintely not find anyone that could hold up to Fantasia, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Bo and/or Kelly Clarkson

May 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |