May 12th, 2010

'Bachelorette' Jen Schefft has a baby on board

Jen SchefftShe didn’t find her happily ever after in her two stints on reality television, but that didn’t stop Jen Schefft from finding love, and soon, motherhood.

The former “Bachelorette” star – we first saw her on “The Bachelor” - is pregnant.

The 33-year-old Chicagoan confirmed to Us Weekly that she is expecting her first child with trader Joe Waterman, her husband since last May.

“I was shocked. I thought it would take more time,” the public relations executive told the weekly magazine. “I took three tests because I didn’t believe it was true!”

Schefft is due in November and doesn’t yet know the sex of the baby, but says that she broke the news to her husband by putting the tests in a Ziploc baggie and rushing to the train station to pick him up after work.

"I handed him the baggie, and he gave me a high-five! He hugged me too, of course, but we were so taken off guard,” she shared.

Post by: ,
Filed under: television

1. dtngwyfr

Sweet site , I hadn't noticed marquee.blogs.cnn.com before till my associate told me about it.
    Keep up the great work! I will be contributing more at marquee.blogs.cnn.com

Looking forward to some good new friends here at marquee.blogs.cnn.com
    :-)

September 19, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. sherryrae40

For the millions of us that did watch her on The Bachelor and The Bachorette – its a nice story – to see even though she didn't find love on either show... she's happy now. For those of you that don't care for the shows... your choice... but no reason to make rude and ignorant comments about why this is news worthy... Can't you just be happy for someone without making nasty remarks!

May 14, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. TXANGEL25

Oh and what news site doesn't have a section on entertainment. She may not be super famous, but don't hate her because CNN reported the story.

May 14, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. TXANGEL25

Sometimes it is better to hear that someone is bringing life into this world and happy, rather than having a baby and killing it or murder-suicide mission, or terrorist activities, or crime. Geez, I welcome happy news, so congrats Jen. The rest of you, don't click on the news if you don't like. It obvisously caught your attention somehow.

May 14, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. Snarkosaurus

Wow. I can go on with my day now. That was a really important piece of information. My morning is now complete.

May 14, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  6. banjo

Its truly amazing how many people comment on the "worthiness" of an article or how biased CNN is. You people are pitiful.....

Get a life and move on.

May 13, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sheeple

May I offer congats to the nobody celebrity Jen Scheffer, and my advance condolences to her unfortunate fetal tissue.

May 13, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Chicago

Ha ha...public relations executive?? Ha ha. Yeah, sure. I'm sure her personality and her brains got her that job. This woman is always striving for attention and finally a got a rich hubbie due to her looks (which are fading). NEXT.

May 13, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris

Who is Jenn Scheft and does America have full universal health coverage yet?

May 13, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Carolyn

the only reason I read this was "baby on board", I thought she had a baby on a plane...........I am such a dork

May 13, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kelly

I clicked on the story because I am interested! Yes, I love news related articles as well. Funny, the people that click on these stories and then leave a nasty comment. What did they expect a national news story by the headline? Congrats Jen and family!

May 13, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rose

It never ceases to amaze me as to why people always have a stupid comment as to this type of article not being "News Worthy". Well it is in the entertainment section and if your not interested in the happenings with celebrities or of people in the entertainment industry .. Then its simple ...DON'T read it.
    Congrats To Jen and her Husband!

May 13, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Natalie

In light of the horrible news daily, isn't it nice to hear that a miracle is going to be brought into the world and that two people are so excited about it? Not everyone may know Jen, but those who keep track of her from long ago are excited and happy to hear this wonderful news. Don't hate, be happy for other's happiness. What goes around, comes around people!

May 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. irma hernandez

who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kristy

All of you need to get a life and stop b!itching at each other about all these comments. I see more comments on who cares? This is news? Why are you in the entertainment section? I hardly see any about the actual article.

Congrats Jen! Hope you and your husband have a healthy baby!

May 13, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Erin

Wow, you people are really missing the point. This is an ENTERTAINMENT piece. Therefore.. it is supposed to be LIGHT and for ENTERTAINMENT. If you don't like it click on the next ENTERTAINMENT PIECE!

Get a life people.. seriously.

May 13, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dxk

Can you leave the trash for FOX?

May 13, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. EmCee

Unbelievable .. or maybe not ... the amount of cynical, unhappy people commenting on this and other blogs ..... sad, sad, sad !!

May 13, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sandy

I always thought she was a flake, not sweet.

May 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ZAK

Jen who???????

May 13, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. You

Really? Seriously? I hate those two words, is there no more vocabulary words in the dictionary to use? This is called Entertainment (filed under the entertainment section, hence the name).

May 13, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ExChicago

I've seen Jen in Chicago restaurant bathrooms doing lines. Not a very "sweet" girl as she claims to be.

May 13, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Shoobop

I'm so sick and tired of seeing "Why is this newsworthy?" in these comments. Good Lord and Baby Jesus. Give me a stinkin break, people! How about those that say things like..."People find out they are pregnant every day..and THEY don't make in on the CNN headlines!"...no-friggin-duh! And don't get me started about those who blame 99% of what they read/see on the current Administration. It's fracking ridiculous.

Wow...I really feel better now. I've wanted to do that for a LONG time. AWESOMESAUCE!

May 13, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Hal

You ppl are soooo petty. Get lives. I think this was a cool way to share she is pregnant. To each their own

May 13, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lily

Cracks me up. If you don't think it's newsworthy, why did you click on the link in the first place. And then to top it off, you make a comment? You must have found it somewhat interesting to bother :)

May 13, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jay

Heather and Pam...........really!? I bet you watch Willie Wonka everytime it comes on television........Jen is preggers.......Whoopy.

May 13, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kinya

Ummm...I'm sorry and who is this again???? Why should I care?? My pregnancy wasn't blasted all over CNN. This is so lame. I had to click on the link to see who they were talking about but the pics still dont help. I guess she's famous to some1. Just not me. Have a good day

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  28. troll killah

@ heather "Seriously people? If you want to read about more important issues, than MAYBE you shouldn't be looking in the ENTERTAINMENT sec."

win!

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. Tokyoj

ohhh...and avoid the wrath of Heather and Pam above...I agree pregnancy and family creation is a wonderful thing and should be welcomed with a warm loving reaction from all who hear about it, are told about it, and experience it. (no sarcasm there either.)

May 13, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jay

My neighbor's, sister's, friend's, cousin's ex-wife who lives in Chicago is having a baby too! Wahoooooooo!

May 13, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  31. Tokyoj

It's 12:45am and I stumbled on CNN.com, so thought, 'OK...well...let's just have a look." The only positive reaction to this 'article' is that it reenforces my lack of interest in CNN as a 'news' source.

In a world such as we live now...why is a 'Bachelorette' who has 'been married since last May" considered news???

I only have myself to blame for wasting 30 seconds on the article and 60 seconds to comment. Shame on me on both accounts....

May 13, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jess

Heather and Pam...well said!!!

May 13, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  33. Pam

You people are SOoooo mean spirited....Can't you just be happy for them....Life is to short to be so hostile......Congrats Jen & Joe...I hope you have a healty little baby...AND... teach him or her to have better manners then those that are posting on this site. I for one like to read happy news and NOT just all the terrible things happening in this world...a like the balance...Thanks CNN

May 13, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  34. Heather

Seriously people? If you want to read about more important issues, than MAYBE you shouldn't be looking in the ENTERTAINMENT section. Also, if you don't know who she is or anything about the show, don't read the article! The link was VERY CLEAR that it was about someone from The Bachlorette. So whose really to blame for wasting your time? And the people talking about them or their Mom or their dog being pregnant, get a life! Whether you like it or not, people DO know who this woman is and are interested in this news. I am also pregnant and tooks several test to confirm and YES, I ran in to show my husband the stick for proof. That doesn't make me or Jen crazy. Geez, if some of you spend as much energy on your own lives, maybe you wouldn't be so miserable.

May 13, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jess

IT'S THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION!!!!!!! Anyone, having anything to do with the entertainment business, at any given time, will be mentioned here. It's not earth shaking news, it's entertainment news. Your situation (or your mothers) didn't make it here because YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY...geez, people. You all read these articles for a reason....you want to know! Get over it and be quiet. OR just don't read it.

May 13, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  36. interested - NOT!

Scankorama.

May 13, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  37. MAL

how can evryone ask why this is news when its obvious everyine read the article...it obviously caught everyones attention on the main paige and it sound sooo interesting it was read ...

May 13, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  38. james

um ok.. my 39 year old mother is pregnant but that didn't make the news.. lol..

May 13, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  39. Shana, Babylon, NY

Isn't this a natural life cycle, you get engaged, married and have a child. Does she think this is unique in our world? Newsworthy just for her family. I wish her the best.

May 13, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  40. Little Marie

Who IS this person?

May 13, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  41. Dragoness

I agree with Linda and Barbara. If you click on the link, it means you had at least a mild curiosity about the article. Entertainment news is relevant to some people. If it is not relevant for you, don't click it. I have clicked on some links that looked interesting but ended up being a waste of time. My bad, not the media. Don't blast other people for your own myopia.

May 13, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  42. Little Marie

Who is Jen Schefft?

May 13, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  43. Barbara

CNN, please stop providing a forum for people to show the world how stupid they are. If they can't understand that they clicked on an "Entertainment" site, they don't deserve to be able to comment. The rest of us educated people don't really care if we can comment or not.

May 13, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  44. Karen

What I think is funny is how many people made comments....like....this isnt news worthy etc etc.....however you read it didnt you.....so obviously you were interested or you wouldnt have even looked at the article.....idiots.

May 13, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  45. Leigh Ann

This is national news BECAUSE.............?

May 13, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  46. Lisa

Holy cow this is bigger new than the Gulf Oil Spill. Now my world is complete.

May 13, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  47. chancie

Errrmmm....just because people "star" on a scripted reality show, does not make them either a celebrity OR news-worthy.

May 13, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Toni

Take some "energy" from the world and learn how to spell. "SAD" is spelled "sad", not "said".

May 13, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  49. Its "Just" me

I'm pregnant, too! That didn't make the news..... Talk about a waste of editorial space!!!

May 13, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  50. Grimmronin

She should go to the MAURY POVICH SHOW and find out who the real father is....

May 13, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  51. Betty

WHO????

May 13, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  52. WilmaWonka

Who puts pee sticks in a bag and says, Hey honey, I'm pregnant and here's proof?"

When you tell your man that he's about to be a father, could you, I'd don't know, put a little effort into it?

and Guys, buy the woman flowers or a spa day and tell her you're over the moon.

May 13, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  53. Ballz

The kid is actually mine bwahaha

May 13, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  54. JJJ

Diana, losers? really? Why? because we don't care about some washed up ex-bachelorette who is STILL trying to get her 15 minutes? I clicked this article to read the comments from people like you. It amazes me that you would care about this nobody "celebrity".

May 13, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  55. Diana

I am so happy for you Jen, you are such a beautiful girl, and I wish you and hubby all the best. Good luck with your pregnancy. Eat you hearts out you other losers.

May 13, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. lauratj

Well,duh –newlyweds do get pregnant - She took the test 3x to make sure she was indeed expecting, relax & enjoy life & be true to your real haie color !!!

May 13, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  57. Green

Actually she is a sweetheart. I dated her after her turn on reality tv and I can tell you she is completely grounded and normal and as fun as anyone I've met. Good for her, those of you who don't know her should wish her well.

May 13, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  58. P. Blond

Never heard of her or the shows. I clicked on the headline cos I thought it meant she HAD A BABY ON AN AIRPLANE DURING FLIGHT. Now THAT would be newsworthy.

May 13, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  59. Travis

This Just in, Michael Jackson IS STILL DEAD. That is about the same as some idiot peeing on 3 sticks

May 13, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  60. faxlessclick

Hi all

I'm new to this , but I guess I shall be spending quite a bit of time here as there seems to be so much going on! I'm hoping to make some new friends
    thanks.

May 13, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  61. vprisk

big mom's nude dance

May 13, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  62. "ANNIE"

Now adays , every little thing is news. I 'm happy for her ! Best wishes for a healthy and happy baby – Happy Mom and Dad , too ! P. S. People grow up !! Don't be so mean !!

May 13, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  63. Asugirl80

I concur Kathy. Why is this considered a news? Ridiculous.

May 13, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  64. GW

My life is now complete. Thank you Jen!

May 12, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  65. 'Mats Fan

Girl is lucky she's pretty. seems like a vapid human being.

May 12, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  66. i have a clue

Great to hear such happy news. For those of you commenting who admit not knowing who she is...I'm still laughing out loud. First off, "the bachelorette" and "the bachelor" are pop culture whether or not you watch those shows, so the fact that you say "its not news" simply shows your ignorance. I also don't watch those shows but certainly know of them . But then for you to comment on this story...while claiming your ignorance...is just so funny! Thanks for the smiles! LOL

May 12, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Chad Lohman

B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!! Who cares?

May 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  68. dansgirl

...yawn.

May 12, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  69. EmCee

Gail: YES !! .... it will be really life altering for Jen & her husband! Why do you bother reading an article such as this IF you have no real interest in it ......? ... just to make snide comments?

I hope they have a beautiful, healthy baby!!

May 12, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Carla

Can't disappoint ya Linda. I clicked on the article to see if maybe this Schefft person was an actress I'm familiar with, but don't know by name. Nope. Not a clue. I don't even KNOW anyone that would watch The Bachelorette. How this person rated a link on CNN I'll never know, must be a super slow news day.

May 12, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Gail

In the scope of all the energy in the world.....is this really life altering...Said state of affairs if so!

May 12, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Linda

You people never let me down, I can constantly count on at least a few laughs over the people that click on articles, then have to comment about how it isn't newsworthy or they don't know who the person is...hilarious!!!
    Good for Jen, glad she's happy.

May 12, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Susan Townsend

I can die in peace now.

May 12, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. scott

somebody told me that everything she wants is everything she sees

May 12, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kathy

WHY the heck is THIS news worthy????

May 12, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |