May 12th, 2010

Are we ready for the 'Idol' Top 4 minus 1?

testing captions
testing captions

Ok, I love the way tonight's show opened like a movie.

So intense!

I love these graphics and I am anxious to see who gets the boot tonight.

Here we go!

« Previous entry
  1. Lynn El

Please vote for Casey, everyone knows he is from a big state. It will be Casey and Crystal in the final's. Us COUGAR'S LOVE YOU.

May 13, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. carolyn

I was happy to see Big Mike go...he has talent but he came across as too confident, especially after the only save of the season was used with him. I believe if Idol survives to have another season-the judges need to rethink the manner in which they start out with these contestants, i.e., the initial auditions all the way to performances in Hollywood every week. Tremendous pressure appears to be exerted behind the scenes, but this is just an opinion of mine.....I, like most of the viewing audience, not being there........ find these youngsters struggling to absorb all the things being told them by the judges both publicly and behind the scenes. They need to listen, learn but always keep in the recesses of their mind it is the public who ultimately makes the decision whether they stay or go.........

By the way, did Fantasia remind anyone other than me of Sibohn????

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Grumpy

Dear America,

STOP VOTING FOR CASEY. Thanks.

Seriously,
    Grumpy

May 13, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. naura

The show was very interesting tonight. However, are they running a beauty contest with Ryan Seacrest in the top three. He has talent yes, but he is not as talented as the other three contestants. He should of definitely went home tonight. This is a talent contest, not beauty contest!

May 12, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jim

Now I know why I bought a Daughtry CD! That was good.

May 12, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lily

Now Daughtry – he can sing!

May 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lily

well bye Big Mike. Dont get the Casey love – his scratching voice is irritating.

May 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jim

@willyboy...Now I am kinda jealous of Casey! LOL.

May 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Don't judge me

The Top 3 Celebrations footage was very emotional. Brought tears to my eyes....so I wish all four of tonites singers Good Luck! May the best ones win..... Casey is safe? Doesn't look good for Mike...

May 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. willyboy

And probably the cougar's votes too-

May 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Len

Lisa I only watch your blogs to find out what is going on on Idol. I am so not into it this season. Thanks for keeping me informed

May 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jim

Ok...now we have the teen girl's vote out of the way.

May 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. willyboy

here we go-mike & casey first– How the heck did Casey make it???? I sure hope he gets rid of that goat vibrato–

May 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barbara P

OK, I have to say I like Casey (and not just for the fabulous hair!) – I'm glad he's safe.

May 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. protogere

Jim that was on AI

May 12, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  16. willyboy

Cute Ford commercial-

May 12, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Don't judge me

Fantasia FANTASTIC

May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. protogere

She's grown a lot mozart. She was like what second or third season? – a long time ago LoL. But kind of like Davin mentioned, she did initially really seem to pattern herself after Mary J, almost a combination of Mary J and Ella – if you can hear that mentally.
    She's really come into her own, created her own unique style and she has such a beautiful personality and voice, I have always liked her a lot.

May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jim

I thought the song by Fantasia was terrible but then I never was a fan of her type of music. @davinclutch...I seen Mary J do a rendition of Led Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven ( not sure where) and I was impressed. Don't think Fantasia could have pulled it off.

May 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Barbara P

I never did see the season with Fantasia – picked up AI the year Carrie Underwood won. But Fantasia sounds competent, and her notes are sure. That goes a long way this year.

May 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mozart4898

Lol @ the comments already – like they say, different strokes for different folks. She wasn't bad, but just not my sort of music at all.

May 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Barbara P

Fantasia is so good – makes me miss the big voices.

May 12, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mozart4898

Oh man...I hadn't followed like at least half of the seasons of AI, and I'm just not liking Fantasia. Probably cause she's just not my type of singer but still, eh...anyways, interested to see what the night will bring...

May 12, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. protogere

I loved the new into too! That was so sharp!
    Fantasia is as fabulous as ever, I haven't seen her since her made for TV movie. It's so great to hear her again and see her perform.

May 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. willyboy

nice to see Jennifer Hudson again– she is one of the best artists to get a springboard from AI.

May 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. davinlcutch

Here we go is right! SOOOOOO EXCITED. I have no idea how this night is going to end up! Opens with Fantasia...she has never been a favorite of mine. She has always seemed like a used carbon of Mary J.....I feel like Simon saying that.

May 12, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |