May 11th, 2010

Who are the 10 richest kids on TV?

It’s easy to feel jealous of celebrities - the glamour, the freebies, the wardrobe. But it’s even worse when they aren’t even old enough to drive, yet make enough money to buy a new car for every day of the week.

On Monday, the New York Post released their list of the top 10 richest kids on TV.

According to the paper, “Two and a Half Men’s” Angus T. Jones, 16, who makes a whopping $250,000 an episode, snagged the top spot. The CBS star was the network’s only young actor to make the list - four spots were filled by Disney channel stars, three by Nickelodeon and two by ABC.

Though Miley Cyrus ranks Number 6 on the list, earning $15,000 for each episode of “Hannah Montanna,” New York Post reports that Cyrus is actually a billionaire, when you count her concerts, CDs and movies.

1. Angus T. Jones, 16
“Two and a Half Men”
$250,000

2. Miranda Cosgrove, 16
“iCarly”
$180,000

3. Selena Gomez, 17
“Wizards of Waverly Place”
$25,000

8. Demi Lovato, 17
“Sonny With a Chance”
$12,000

Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. top 10 best cartoons

Excellent items from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and you're just too excellent. I actually like what you have obtained right here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which through which you are saying it. You're making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to learn much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

September 11, 2012 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tracy Ruckdaschel

I have to say that for the past couple of hours i have been hooked by the impressive posts on this blog. Keep up the great work.

May 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mumninianit

bristol boilers

December 4, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. electric car kit

This really is my first-time I have visited here. I discovered a lot of interesting information within your blog. In the tons of comments inside your posts, I assume Im not by yourself! continue the impressive work.

February 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Patent Application

January 28, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. Condenser Dryer

Hanna Montana is really great, my kids love her and my niece love her too,–

October 19, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  7.  Acne Remedy Asia

Hanna Montana was miley cyrus's ticket to stardome. she got really famous because of that show*":

August 15, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Me

Terrell, Cyrus's Hannah franchise is actually worth over a billion.

May 13, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Terrell

Miley Cyrus a billionaire.I don't think so she hasn't even been acting or singer a decade and a billionaire yeah right.I think her net worth is 25 million dollars.Angus T Jones probably could be a billionaire soon maybe in 10-20 years.Miley show will be over soon because how she acts she's too grown.Disney should have ended her show when she turned 17.

May 13, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hope

HELLO - did anyone read the article? The New York Post wrote it – just click on their name (its in blue, its a link) you'll find them all. Geez

You guys take the cake and you college folks – give me a break.

May 13, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Curt

omg. A quarter million for 5-10 minutes of airtime per episode? I'm so jealous. Hopefully Angus is learning to manage his money well so he doesn't end up broke before he is 30 like so many other child actors.

May 13, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. rayshon

Thats crazy alot of those teenagers have had shows and been on tv longer then the teenagers infront of them
    miley cyrus has been on tv for over 6 year
    dylan and cole sprouse have been in movies and on tv since they were four there 15 now

May 13, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. cakes

well said teal

May 13, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sherron teal

Meanwhile foster kids are thrown to the dogs because of state cuts.
    Teachers are paid next to nothing and I'm having to buy paper for my daughters school because their is no $! We have our priorities straight in this country for sure!

May 13, 2010 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  15. e

here is the list of all 10 people its not number to 10 as some of them tied with the amount

1. Angus T. Jones, 16
    “Two and a Half Men”
    $250,000

2. Miranda Cosgrove, 16
    "iCarly"
    $180,000

3. Selena Gomez, 17
    "Wizards of Waverly Place"
    $25,000

$12,000

8. Atticus Shaffer, 11
    "The Middle"
    $12,000

May 12, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mejazzbo

Go, Angus! Freakin' hilarious character he plays. The military school episode is a classic. As many beat downs as the writers serve "Jake", his character stays amazingly good natured. I was a little surprised he is the top dog money-wise, but I don't know why. Looks like Disney doesn't really rule the world.

May 12, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. C-Theory

I have seen 2 and a half men a few times, but do not feel it is that great of a show. I also don't think the kid in that show is some amazing actor and wonder why he even gets that big of a payday... seems like alot of sheep enjoy the show and that is what makes the ratings and the big payday. GJ kid.

May 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jo Ellen

You go Angus!!!! He is so so so funny. My husband and I are 67 and 76 and watch every rerun at 7 pm at night. Yes, we know the words by heart, but, it is the funniest show on tv for these two old people. Angus absolutely makes the show even funnier. Charlie Sheen is adorable with his face actions, hilarious, and good ole' Alan, is there really anyone that dumb??? He is so funny. The cast is great, the writers earn every penny they make, but, as to Angus, I pray that he continues to be the responsible person he can be. The world has enough of the junk from children on television. We want more Ron Howards. You go, Angus.

May 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Cheri

Angus must have stepped in poo a long time ago because he is very lucky. I wonder if we will see him much after this show is gone.
    This show is so over rated I can't help but shake my head. The veteran supporting actresses are good but Charlie Sheen is not much of an actor. Luckily he got that Monday time slot or things may have beeen different. Although I only see Miranda Cosgrove in passing at least I feel she is a bit more worthy of the money based on her show.

May 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Shanna

Angus has real talent unlike those dumb Nickelodeon and Disney idiots. They are over acted teens. He actually knows how to portray a real teenager!

May 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Malini

Angus is much funnier than any of the other kids listed. He is actually funny and not corny like the others.

May 12, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mike H.

Good for everyone on this list. Using Miley Cyrus' $15,000 figure per show, and with 85 shows under her belt going into this summer, she's made a total of $1,275,000 from making "Hannah Montana" shows. That doesn't sound like much in today's entertainment world. But add in merchandise sales and her Disney pay must be enormous.

May 12, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. Helen

Love "Two and a Half Men" because Angus Jones reminds me of my son! Good for him! He has great comedic timing!

May 11, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ellie

I'm 24 and I have to say I love Selena Gomez! The only ones who can act on that list are Miranda Cosgrove and Selena Gomez and Keke Palmer. Those three girls will go very far in the futre.

Who the hell is Demi Lovato?

May 11, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. guiliana italiana

Is prolly a word?

May 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Trent

Dylan and Cole Sprouse count as two people... this isn't that hard to understand.

May 11, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kristen

I love Angus. He has grown up to be a handsome young man. And his folks must be AC/DC fans!!!

May 11, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. carrots

buhahahahaha love how it says top 10 but there is only 8....

May 11, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  29. AJ

Cyrus makes so much money it aint even funny, shes prolly made more then you or I will make in our lifetime already. These number here are only from the shows that they do, sure a measly 15k (that I would do another man for) an episode may not seem alot, but then lets factor in the concerts, CDs, backpacks, toys, movies, games, bed sheets....

She makes more then all the others combined...
    And I bet it breaks her fathers Achey-breaky heart that he he was never tht successful...

But I think we can all agree when I say, Way to go kids...u lucky Bast****...

May 11, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Brett

This is hilarious.....

May 11, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kevin

Well done in creating a top 10 list with only 8 entries in it. CNN once again proves that its editing standards have truly earned the channel its last place position in cable news.

May 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Elizabeth

I myself have seen these shows and watch them regulary. Some of them do not deserve what they are mkaing. Plus this is very inaccurate because like the end of the article said about Miley, all of these kids have another source of money, whether its singing or doing movies. Clearly Two and a Half Men is hilarous and that is why he makes the big bucks

May 11, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DIANA

Good one gammy. Couldn't have said it better myself. Though there are some rare species who do make it into adulthood without a problem – Ron Howard.

May 11, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. friedmegg

If you click on the article below are who is missing

8. Victoria Justice, 17
    "Victorious"
    $12,000

8. Atticus Shaffer, 11
    "The Middle"
    $12,000

I guess I would want my daughter to work for Nick, those Cheapo's at Disney don't pay. Of couse it does not say if they get a cut of the merchandise.... Mmmmm T-Shirts.....

May 11, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rebecca

Lets just hope these kids will stay out of trouble

May 11, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. gammy

They will need all that money for rehab and bail later down the road. We have seen first hand how some other child tv stars have ended up.

May 11, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. DIANA

I'm surprised two nobody's like Selena Gomez and Miranda Cosgrove beat out Miley Cyrus. No wonder she's quitting Hanna Montana.

May 11, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Arizona Mexican

How much does Dora make?

May 11, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ttp

Who in the Heck is Miley's Agent?!!!!!!!!! She's one of the Biggest on the List and she's #6? Think twice when you sign your next contract there little girl!

May 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Holly

There are 10, Dylan and Cole each count as a person. Miley & Rico should be #7 and Demi #10.

May 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  41. this guy

omg...just click on the NYP link in the article if you want to see all ten and stop whining about the count!

May 11, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. uhh

Wow, let's argue over who can count to 10 better, and who's right. I'll bet if the number was 20 there would be no comments yet because you'd all still be counting.

May 11, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MadCityBabe

I get 9 too, unless it's typed in double secret ink

May 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Shad

Maybe they're counting Miley Cyrus and her alter persona, Hanna Montana, as two also.
    Or maybe the next 15 kids on the list are from Disney and are all making the same amount.
    Disney is a factory.

May 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  45. justjane

number 10?

May 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Samantha

These comments should be about the article....not one another :)

May 11, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  47. J Gallagher

Dylan and Cole Sprouse, I believe that twins still count as 2. Unless you're using the "New Math" with that college degree.

May 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Me

Dylan and Cole Sprouse are not 2 different people???

The count is 9.

I learned it in college.

May 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. bill

Holly and Pamela,
    Way to go overboard before you actually counted. Too bad about that whole college degree thing.

May 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Johnny

A hard count nets eight!!! What about nine and 10?

May 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Me

Holly and Pamela,

Count the kids listed.....I'll wait......take your shoes off if you have to...what? 9?....really?! now, who's ignorant?

Point: mitchell

May 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Pamela

Holly, you are awesome! I thought about posting the same comment but I'm glad you did..

May 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Holly

It is numbered properly if you'd realize that the duplicate numbers are ties. Guess you don't need a college degree to make an ignorant comment on a website either.

May 11, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. mitchell

I'm guessing it doesn't take a college degree to throw together a list that not only doesn't have 10 people on it, but is not numbered properly?

May 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  55. AJ

Who is the 10th?

May 11, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  56. Stephanie

I love Angus T. Jones on Two and a half men, he is hilarious!!

May 11, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  57. Ruthie

I guess you have to at the right place at the right time to get discovered.
    The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon are basically kid shows who have no real talent and to much overacting. More and more kids are watching t.v. I guess thats what they like.

May 11, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |