May 11th, 2010

The 'Idol' Top 4 go to the movies

testing captions
testing captions

8:52 p.m. -The final duet of the evening is Casey and Big Mike singing "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman."

Again, the two of them play their guitars, and I enjoy it. Their voices seem to blend even better than Lee and MamaSox.

Still, I can't help but think that we are looking at our bottom two.

8:44 p.m. - MamaSox is the last woman standing.

She thinks the judges have been tough on her lately, and I agree. Jamie takes it to church and says her version of Kenny Loggins' "I'm All Right" needs to be a testimony.

MamaSox is as saucy as ever, turning the song into a bluesy anthem. And unlike last week, she gives "Idol" the big finish with the notes at the end.

Yay MamaSox!

8:34 p.m. - "Seduce me?"

Really Jamie? His advice to Casey James seems to have done the trick, because his "Mrs. Robinson" was kind of hot. The Casey we know and love is back!

Almost getting voted off last week must have shook him up a little bit, which was a good thing.

Even if he may have been singing to Kara.

8:26 p.m. -I love the song "Falling Slowly," and Lee and Crystal "MamaSox" Bowersox sound good singing it together.

I love seeing the two of them, facing each other singing and strumming their guitars. They rocked!

I wouldn't be mad to see the two of them in the finals. And MamaSox has a "musical crush" on Lee? Her man better come with that proposal soon!

8:14 p.m. - Hey "Big Mike" Lynche.

He says he feels pressure from his family, friends and city to make it into the Top 3. A year ago, he set a goal to make it into the top trio, but it's going to be a tough fight.

Jamie gets him to dance to loosen "Big Mike" up. There is also some hand punching, so for me, more "Ali" flashback.

"Big Mike" sings "Will You Be There," and it sounds like he starts out in the wrong key. Michael Jackson is hard to pull off, and this is a powerful song.

I heart "Big Mike," but I did not love this performance. Such a disappointment.

Cowell is so British and so confused. Loves it!

P.S., I attended the Michael Jackson memorial in Los Angeles, and former "Idol" contestant Jennifer Hudson blew "Will You Be There" out of the atmosphere, so perhaps the bar has been set too high for me.

8:04 p.m. - First up is Danny Go ... oops, I mean Lee DeWyze singing "Kiss From a Rose."

Jamie reminded me of his character in "Ali" when he coached Lee.  All up in the face to get him to perform and connect.

Not sure that it helped. The audience is loving it, but I was not moved. Once again, song choice is key, people. The judges weren't overwhelmed either.

And is Kara DioGuardi wearing one of Ellen's suits?

8:01 p.m. – Awwww, Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs left the baby home and are enjoying date night at "Idol." Cool to see them in the audience.

Is there anyone cooler than Jamie Foxx? He's trying to motivate them with ... T-shirts? I guess.

1. Tara

Bye Bye Casey

May 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lovin lee

I don't care what you people say, Lee is AWESOME!!! That guy could sing anything, and I would be loving it! He should be the winner!

May 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. millie

Call us preverts but- Ryan and I can't be the only ones who noticed the boyfriend's bouncy American flag pants.

May 12, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Diane

Casey really needs to go, and then if Big Mike dosen't perform better next he's gone.

May 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike Lee

Tonight is a crucial one for big Mike but good luck Mike

May 12, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Farmers Daughter

Casey could blow them out of the box with the right song. Give him more confidence and he is by far the most artistic and talented on the show. I hope he blows their sox's off next week. I sure hope he stays. He is really good.

May 12, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Spencer

Music has come a long way and in order to be the best you not only have to sing but back it up instrumentally. Crystal is awesome vocally and fairly well talented instrumentally. The same is true for Lee. Mike is only strong vocally and he has a hard time mixing it up vocally. Casey is very talented on the guitar and quite good on the vocals. Who should win???

May 12, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sherri

Lee will win it all !!!

May 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tampatom

Casey's Mrs. Robinson was weak. He started the song sounding like a "lower register" Tiny Tim". Time for him to go.
    Mike's a nice guy, but really, would anyone buy his music?
    Lee can be really hot and really cold. Not sure if I would buy his CD for the 5 out of 12 tracks I would "sort of" like"
    Mama Sox is consistently on. I would buy her CD and enjoy every song. She should win this thing !!!

May 12, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kay

I diffently think Casey should go home. He is there for his looks. Aaron sure did better than him. Aaron should of never went home. Big Mike should of never been saved. Someone must be paying someone good bucks to keep him around.

May 12, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. zzzzz

all pretty boring to me.
    they could have shortened the show by about 10 weeks and just named Crystal the winner. Shes by far..hands down the best.

May 12, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. mage

Mike is Black and Ellen is gay, but lee and Crystal are certian to stay

Mike can sing and Casey can play, but Lee and Crystal are certian to stay

Randy is dandy and Kara is cute, Ellen is fun and Simon's a brute

We can go to the tape and hit the replay, but be certian of this, Lee and Crystal will stay.

May 12, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dar Rau

Wow, Crystal you go girl!

May 12, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. mikey

Lee was the absolute worst last night. His pich was terrible and the song choice bizarre. The overall performance was weak. Casey was just boring.

May 12, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. millie

The real star of the night was Crystal's boyfriend and his crotch. Funny how Ryan pointed him out to everyone.

May 12, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. Roger T

Lee is a WINNER for sure. He's a great looking guy with a powerful voice.

He already looks like a big star!!!!! Go Lee

May 12, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  17. Robert Austin

Like I have been saying for at least two months now, the two finalist will be Crystal and Lee and Lee will be the winner.

May 12, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  18. LilyRose

Casey's back? Are you kidding? He sounded awful, although he plays guitar well. Jamie Foxx did not star in "Ali". Will Smith did.

May 12, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  19. millie

Michael – you're preaching to the choir. Where have you been all season? I and a few others have been making these claims since February. Did you notice that BIG was the only one that got a close-up before signing off lat night? Subliminal via producers.

May 12, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  20. idolfan96

Dogs rule – Hav eyou changed your name from Showdog mom, you can hide yoru name but your character still stinks.

May 12, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  21. Michael

Something has seemed a bit fishy to me all season about this Mike Lynche character. First off his dad goes to his local media and says his son had made it to Hollywood Week (a clear violation of the rules) yet he is allowed to stay, then he gets the save from the judges, and then being in the bottom 3 twice since then yet being miracoulsly saved. I smell a rat and that rat is this show is rigged.

May 12, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  22. Just A Thought

@harly hunny – who said it just bad for kids to hear? personally I don't care to hear about her lifestyle choices either! Certainly don't want that pushed on my kids as comedy or something even remotely thought of as ok or to be laughed off. Maybe its ok for you – but not everyone!

May 12, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  23. Kevin

I don't know where the judges, Lisa and a lot of these comments are coming from but Casey's performance was an embarrassment. It looked like he was singing on a kid's show. I didn't see or hear anything good about it. And certainly nobody is going to go out and buy a CD because of this performance. This guy is a cover band type that could make a good living in local bars and at weddings. He's not close to being a star. Let's get real here.

May 12, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  24. Lindsay

I LOVE LEE

May 12, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  25. dogs rule

Crystal Nasty-sox needs to go home. With all her whining about her ill health, etc, she clearly is not up to the task

May 12, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. dogs rule

Silly: you are so right. Crystal is dreadful! Loud, boring and rough to look at. Hey, with all the $$ she has now, maybe she can visit a dentist!

May 12, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  27. Silly

Crystal is awful.

May 12, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  28. krubby

Lee was terrible. sorry couldn't hit a note at all in that first song.

Cyrstal rocks. she should win this thing easily IMO

May 11, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Rigs

Good riddance Mike...

why was he wearing a leather jacket 4 times too small? it was about 10" from zipping up lolllllllllll...if you look at the replays you will see how small the jacket is on him and how far away he is from zipping it up??

i hope he wasnt trying to be cool...lolllllllllllllllll

Lee easily was the best again and its his to lose..

May 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. harlyhunny

and now its the gay thing!!! i didnt know that being gay was bad for kids to hear!! wow! people are all about judging!! wow dont judge me !!!! what did you just do????

May 11, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. harlyhunny

if i remeber right fantasia and reuben won this thing and what have they done????? please dont bring in the black card! there are many many many black artists that are amazing! it is not because mike is black that people dont like him!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Don't judge me

After Casey and Michael sang "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman", Ellen's comment was "Yes, a matter of fact I have!" I shook my head in disgust; that was uncalled for. That was her only feedback? Keep your gay at home. Isn't American Idol a family show?

May 11, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. TampaBayOldie

So long to Mike! Altho Casey was a close second. Duets were great .. songs selections were awful!

BOTTOM TWO: Mike & Casey & hopefully Mike goes home!

May 11, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. harlyhunny

and oh puhleeese!! black artists dissed????? give me a break!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. harlyhunny

well i think mike sucks! it is all relevent! my fave from last year is making millions!! what about yours! if they are not then who is picking the wrong contestant?

May 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. yoli

What is wrong with you people, Lee Dwizzle sucks. This man has no talent and is a copy cat singer from the last two years. There is nothing talented about him or his voice. Mike is the best singer on this show and I hope that he continues to next week. This is a singing contest, not a popularity contest. But we know why black artist are dissed. Where is your favorite singer from last year. No talent and could not sing. I am glad this show is seeing its final days because it has become a national joke.

May 11, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. harlyhunny

crystal and mike never ever sound different from the week before never any changes

May 11, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. harlyhunny

@ erica what about daughtry???? another that has had multiple hits!! catch a clue!

May 11, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. versa b

I agree with most of the comments tonight. I think once again Crystal was definitely the best and I think both duets were all right. But when it comes down to it, I still think we are going to see Lee & Crystal as the final 2 and as seen in previous years, the best does not always win.

May 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  40. harlyhunny

mike should have gone home when he got voted off originally!!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. harlyhunny

to lola jamie fox is very talented no scraping the bottom of the barrel...you are obviously not a musician!! to willyboy!!! sounds like you are jealous of casey!! sorry that he has talent and charisma unlike somebody sitting at home with not half as much of a life as him!!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  42. davinlcutch

Have a great night everyone! Catch you tomorrow night. Love, peace and bacon grease!

May 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ike Canada

Good Night from Canada

May 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  44. davinlcutch

I agree with Kara...the duets were the highlight of the night....Michael saved Casey on vocals in that duet, but Casey...that strumming on the guitar was off-the-hook! FANTASTIC! Its a close one again..... totally going to be fan-based voting this week for the final three.

May 11, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jeff P

Based on tonight and the season I think Mike should go home tomorrow night.

May 11, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. willyboy

Well, folks it's time to vote-– see you tomorrow--Vote often–

May 11, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. protogere

I think Lee is the only one that is clearly in the bottom.

May 11, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mozart4898

@ Erica – another winner by the name of Carrie Underwood, not a one-hit wonder either.

May 11, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ike Canada

Mike and Casey combo....was really nice.... i LOVED it completely.

May 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  50. protogere

They should bar anyone from singing this song since Chris Daughtry sang it with more passion than anyone could ever give this song.
    Their guitar skills are great, no big shock there. I didn't find much else to comment on.
    I love Ellen's response LoL

May 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. mozart4898

Wow...Crystal's my favorite but the Casey/Mike duet was far better than Crystal/Lee. And I'm finally now gaining some respect for Casey as a guitar player cause that was some good stuff there. Their harmonies were great, all in all, they pulled that off much more "artistically" than Crystal and Lee did.

May 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. jim

Casey's guitar playing is better than the duet IMO

May 11, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. willyboy

Erica: Kelly Clarkson is NOT a one hit wonder!

May 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  54. willyboy

This is the song Casey SHOULD have sung-–

May 11, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  55. jim

I just cant imagine Mike and Casey Duet being anything special.

May 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Erica

Chrystal is just O.K. Nothing special. If she wins, she'll just be another one hit wonder like all the other past Idol winners!

May 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  57. mozart4898

@ protogere – I don't know if I'd say "more energetic than usual," because she seemed just like she had for weeks (up until the last two...the last two weeks her songs called for more laid back performances). I unlike many people thought the last two weeks for her were just as strong as she's been all along, just different musical styles, but this was a return to what a lot of people loved from Crystal so it'll probably play a lot better to the masses.

May 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. michele

THANK YOU PRO..........

May 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  59. davinlcutch

Crystal saved the song choice problem that was the theme tonight....she definately added an artistic feel to a pretty dated song..... not a huge winner but a cut above the other tonight...... lets check out the second duet.

May 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Keisha

I AGREE THIS YEAR HAS BEEN ABOUT INSTRUMENTS AND NOT REAL TALENT ITS SAD THAT AI HAS COME DOWN TO THIS MESS...

May 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  61. willyboy

Best performer of the night-- she should be in the top three-

May 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. protogere

I wasn't that impressed, but she was definitely better than Lee. She was fairly good at making it her own, I don't know that I would agree it was better than the original. She was certainly more energetic than usual.

May 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jeff P

Crystal... best of the night.

May 11, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  64. jim

Best performance of the night

May 11, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. michele

WAIT A MINUTE WHY IS SHE ALLOWED TO SCREAM

May 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. protogere

I was wondering about that Jeff but it didn't have the standard shape of a mandolin either so I wasn't sure.

May 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. mozart4898

Wow...I was worried about the song choice, being from Caddyshack, but YES! Crystal knocked that one out of the park! Loved it. I dare them to say that was a lazy or safe performance now.

May 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. willyboy

She changed it up pretty good- made it into bluesy gospel foot stomper!

May 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  69. michele

STILL DON'T LIKE HER.............

May 11, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  70. protogere

I tell you, now more than ever considering this is the top 4, this is really not on par with where the contestants should be. None of them perform, they come out and sing. I think the fact that the remaining four each have an instrument as a crutch is a big part of their lack of ability to perform and I really wish AI would return to when it was vocals only.

May 11, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jeff P

Protogere, it's not a ukulele, it's a mandolin.

May 11, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jim

Caddyshack...I'm Alright maybe

May 11, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  73. michele

jim they always let crystal go last...they favour her...and already have the cheque ready for her....its called FAVOURTISM.......WHICH SUCKS THAT THE JUDGES ARE DOING THAT

May 11, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  74. willyboy

Sorry, Lisa- Casey stunk worse than Mike– Hope Crystal picked a good song--

May 11, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  75. davinlcutch

yes we are....kinda strange. Must be the weather! LOL

May 11, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  76. jim

Are they saving the best for last? Please Crystal...give us something we cheer about. You're our only hope left!

May 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ike Canada

Interesting night! Crystal should smash it or its a total waste of time today.

May 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  78. davinlcutch

SIMON....right on! I agree 100%. DITTO! I couldn't agree more with you!

May 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  79. willyboy

Casey's going to need a big miracle-–

May 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  80. michele

kara is Mrs..robinson????????? oh boy i can see the headlines tomorrow

May 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. protogere

Davin we're on two different wave lengths tonight LoL

May 11, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  82. willyboy

Well, I think Mike may get his wish-- Casey just STUNK VERY BIG TIME-

May 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. davinlcutch

Casey...... I just dont understand this song choice....sounded very nice, but no WOW factor....NOT in it to win it.....NOT POSSIBLE with this song choice.

May 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  84. protogere

I am not a Casey fan – at all. But wow, I love the ukulele sound, it gave Mrs. Robinson such a bluegrass feel. I really enjoyed that and I didn't even look at his playing as a crutch like I usually do; and the mildness of that guitar/ukulele let his voice really be center stage instead of drowning into the background.

May 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mozart4898

Ahhhhh Casey, ditch the goat vibrato! I thought he should do this song since the list came out though and I think all in all it was a good choice for him. Not a spectacular moment singing wise, but solid (other than the vibrato that I mentioned).

May 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. michele

that duet was horeendous!!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  87. willyboy

Oh Casey! you just comitted singing suicide!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  88. jim

Casey now reminds me of Tiny Tim

May 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  89. willyboy

Casey's doing Mrs' Robinson???? OH God!

May 11, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. davinlcutch

protogere....you didn't like that......Oh my, I am usually right with you, but not here.....I thought that was near perfection.

May 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  91. mozart4898

See the brief little bit of conversation after Lee and Crystal's duet is the sort of thing I've noticed at many different points in the season. Crystal has a great personality – she's quite blunt at times but also seems really cool and has a great sense of humor. She's not bubbly and crazy outgoing though like a lot of people want to see. Anyways...

May 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jeff P

Falling Slowly is from the movie Once, which is a great movie, IMO.

May 11, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  93. willyboy

I guess we must have different audio systems- What I heard was a pretty darn good duet. Lee was a bit off, but not a lot– Crystal was as usual, near perfect.

May 11, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Erinn

I normally don't like it when they redo something that a former idol has had a moment with, but that was amazing. They really changed the song from the original. That was awesome!

May 11, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jeff P

Loved the duet. Lee and Crystal sounds great together. Great song.

May 11, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. protogere

Wow, I didn't hear what the judges heard. I heard a few moments where they luckily found the same note to harmonize on, but it sounded like a horrible duel, not a harmonious duet.

May 11, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. willyboy

Here"s your # 1 & # 2!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  98. jim

Lee and Crystal sing so much alike. I think that duet was great

May 11, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  99. mozart4898

For me, Lee sounds like he's shouting in the duet and wasn't always on pitch. Crystal sounds pretty good in the duet. Some of their harmonies were pretty good but all in all I wasn't totally impressed with that. Good, not great.

May 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  100. protogere

Oh dear lord, I don't know if Lee is bringing Crystal down or they are both just dreadful but that was worthy of ear plugs.

May 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  101. willyboy

First duet: Lee & Crystal: with the two side by side, you just may be able to pick the better singer-

May 11, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  102. davinlcutch

I guess I was wrong.... starts strong.

May 11, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  103. davinlcutch

I have always liked when the add these duet performances. The perfect song with two good artists and it could be magic. Enough to launch each into the finals. I hope this happens with Crystal and Lee....according to my power rankings #1 and #2 respectively. I am making a total guess here at what song they will sing but I am shooting for "The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing.....we will see.

May 11, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  104. willyboy

Protogere, I think the judges are going to be VERY critical tonight, this is an important night, and each singer should be bringing their "A" game.

May 11, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  105. mozart4898

8:25 and we're only through 2 performances, with 2 duets and 2 more solos to go?

May 11, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  106. jim

I think Big Mike used the choir as a crutch and covered up his mediocre performance. So far I am not impressed. I hope Crystal and/or Casey can liven things up a bit.

May 11, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jeff P

Mike licks his lips more than anyone I have ever seen.

May 11, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  108. protogere

Shelby, how disgraceful.
    I'm rather surprised by the judge's comments as well, I really thought he did a great job.

May 11, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  109. willyboy

Mike is really gonna need a voting miracle tonight- and I don't know if he's gonna get it-

May 11, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  110. mozart4898

Ehhh comments disappearing again...Big Mike was good, really good, I thought. He really deserves to be top 3, even top 2, but he probably won't be. Great singer, but people don't care for his personality, which I have no problem with.

May 11, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  111. willyboy

No praise yet from the judges: Kara thought he was "sleepsinging"

May 11, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  112. davinlcutch

OH MY BIG MIKE......Michael Jackson....this could be scary.......not bad.......but definately middle of the road. ....I wish we could start this show over.....its not good.

May 11, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Shelby

GET THAT FAT A$$ LYNCH OUT OF THERE!!! PRONTO!!! HE IS A HORRIBLE SINGER! I MAKE BETTER MUSIC FILING MY FINGER NAILS. GET HIM OUT OF THERE, PLEASE!!!

May 11, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  114. protogere

Wow, that was probably my favourite performance by Mike all season, perhaps of the whole season across all contestants. I thought he gave it a lot of originality and it was moving to me.

May 11, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  115. jim

Mike would have been better off singing that song during inspiration week.

May 11, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  116. willyboy

Not the song that Mike should have chosen- it's boring– almost all in one tone-

May 11, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. lola

Jaime Fox as a mentor? They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.

May 11, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  118. willyboy

Wonder which MJ song mike is going to sing????

May 11, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  119. willyboy

Lee just STUNK! not the right song for him.

May 11, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  120. davinlcutch

oh Lee......that was a total miss. totally contestant t-shirt.....darn, i was starting to hope good things for him......a duet with Crystal that is a home run can wipe away some of the negative aspects of his solo song.

May 11, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  121. protogere

LoL Lisa

May 11, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. mozart4898

Whoa...thank you judges! I mean, even with Ellen and Kara saying he's still good, they definitely finally acknowledged some of his problems there. That was just NOT a good song for Lee.

May 11, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  123. jim

Ok...Lee that just wasn't good.

May 11, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  124. protogere

I remember Jamie mentoring last year and while he isn't the most talented as a singer in my opinion, he knows what he expects to hear and has the passion to surpass a lot of artists.
    Lee was really weak with A Kiss From A Rose I thought, his vocals were so rough, flat, and gravelly which didn't work well with this song. Not the best start I didn't think.

May 11, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  125. mozart4898

Seriously...Lee doing "Kiss from a Rose?" His pitch is all over...just nowhere near the smoothness of the original, and the arrangement is pretty much straight up from the original. Just...no. The judges compliment this and we can see just how messed up the show really is...

May 11, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |