May 11th, 2010

'24' recap: Revenge best served Bauer-style

Editor's Note: You know the drill - if you haven't watched this week's episode of "24," don't read any further!

"24": Day 8 - 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.

Bauerites, the bell tolls. Only 3 hours remain, and another solid episode of "24" is in the books.

It's been said that "revenge is a dish best served cold." Well, Jack Bauer's brand of revenge is being served in sub-zero temperatures, and the forecast looks downright frosty. After Renee was murdered, we knew Jack was in a bad place, but last night's episode provided GPS navigation to the exact address of his state of mind.

In this final season of "24," the show has hit its usual stride with blistering action and sadistic brutality that makes us cringe at every turn. There are also a few stretches along the way where we focus on the day's fast-paced circumstances and keep track of the story lines. I thought this latest episode was an outstanding example of all of the above.

So, in the spirit of the clock winding down, here's my list of the top five reasons I loved last night's "24" (in order from least to greatest):

5. "Find Jack!"

If an episode starts with someone exclaiming these words (in this case, Logan's chief crony, Jason Pillar), the hour will most likely be fantastic. The pantheon of "find Jack" greatness includes a who's who of some of the show's finest characters including Bill Buchanan, Tony Almeida, George Mason, Audrey Raines, Curtis Manning, and my favorite past villain, Habib Marwan... just to name a few.

At some point in seasons past, these guys yelled it out, and hijinks inevitably ensued.

4. Every hero has "a guy."

Of the countless action movies I've seen, how many heroes DON'T have "a guy"? The guy that gets stuff, makes sure our hero has what's necessary, and can step in if need be. Well, Jack's got a guy, and his name is Jim Ricker (played by Michael Madsen). Ricker didn't just SHOW up in last night's episode, he STEPPED up, big time.

Jack and Jim take down a department store chock full of Russian operatives in a beautifully orchestrated hail of gunfire that was flat-out fun to watch. Feel free to stop watching the show if your right hand didn't high-five your left when Jim put that gun to Tokarev's head. That was a fantastic moment, and per the norm, my response to this electrifying piece of Bauer power was "Hell yeah, Jack (and Jim)!"

3. Thanks Chloe!

When Jack's in a pinch, what would happen if Chloe wasn't the razor sharp, uber-analytical know-it-all we know and love? In typical form last night, she sorted through the CTU fog and provided the valuable help Jack needed from the inside. If we're patient, she will always get that highly-sensitive, military classified, schematic diagram of the "nuk-u-lar" bomb being developed in a cave in Madagascar to Jack's PDA.

As we also know, the satellite photos of said cave will be faxed over to the Kinko's at the corner nearest to Jack's location, but he's 10 minutes out, so it works perfectly. As stated, "Thanks Chloe!"

2. Logan's dirty. Logan's filthy!

It's official: We all knew Former President Charles Logan's efforts were self-serving, but this guy is a special kind of underhanded. While President Taylor has essentially sold her soul to this "special adviser," he is busy running the usual race to cover his tracks while simultaneously building "Brand Logan." You have to love Logan's fever for the flavor of his personal agenda.

"Oh, by the way Madame President, don't you think its time you let everyone know how FANTASTIC I have been in the middle of all this?" Seriously? Keep watching as Logan ends up being the random creepy guy in the photo of the historic treaty signing. Then again, Jack will certainly have a word or two to say about that (which brings us to #1).

1. The last 10 minutes were awesome!

In my opinion, this episode hit us with everything it had. However, the last 10 minutes were absolutely exhilarating. I can't speak for the finer points of Jack torturing Tokarev, but if I'm balled up in the fetal position every time Jack touches "that wound," what's happening on-screen is having a pretty good impact. Once Jack figured out the SIM card was missing, I had an itchy feeling Tokarev would be giving it back some kind of way and give it back he most certainly did.

By the time Jack checks the phone, we knew where it was leading - we're set up for another great show next week. Uh oh, Logan!

It was a grueling show to watch, but in that fun "24" sort of way. Stay tuned Bauerites, we're getting close to the end of a very good season. Loved, kinda liked or hated the show? Let us know!

Post by:
Filed under: 24 • television

Next entry »
  1. Wayman

Mondays after May 24th are gonna suck major. But these last 3 hours are gonna cause a lot of fans to double-up on their heart meds. Why did the Russians have to screw up like this??? Now, you got Jack wrecking like a 5.0 in Simi Valley! Charles Logan is a dead man, he's gotta be. Jack already has a mad-on for him because of David Palmer (and to a lesser extent, Michelle Dessler), so it's about to be really on!

May 15, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. BauerChick

Has anyone heard of or organized any "24" Series Finale Watch Parties??? Come On, we have to celebrate!!!

May 13, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mirv

When Ricker (Madsen) slowly shut the cap on that dirty Russian's scope, holy crap! I think I almost turned my shorts into fully functional fudge factory. What a scene.

May 13, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ernie Z.

I hear so many people saying how awesome Jack has been in recent weeks – but I – for one – question whether Jack has become one of those "bad guys" he has always fought to stop in seasons 1-7.

Jacks agenda doesn't appear to be the same agenda he spoke to President Taylor about (conspiracy) – During the last 10 minutes of pure torture – did anyone catch how many times Jack mentioned the word "conspiracy?" – Zero to be exact. Did anyone catch how many times Jack mentioned the word "Renee?" 6 times. This seems a bit hypocritical don't you think?

In past season's Jack stopped – Tony Almeida – multiple times for taking "revenge" into his own hands instead of allowing the "justice system" to handle it. Jack seems to be breaking all of his own rules – in the selfish name of "Renee Walker"

While I understand his position and emotional state- I am surprised that this has not come up more. Jack has turned to the dark side ....

What do you all think?

May 13, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lonnie

I have great respect for Jack and his no-nonsense way of getting things done, that being said; how is this going to play out? Is FOX leading us down tha path of eliminating Jack; he's murdered one person (Dana deserved it) and the Pavel torture and murder scene was awsome but...

May 13, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kbmaestro

I can't watch this anymore! My blood pressure is sky high! GO JACK!

May 13, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. prcauch

My guess is that as Jack screams at Logan "Give me the names" Logan plays a voice recording of Jack's daughter and granddaughter, who he had Pillar kidnap "hours" ago. Jack finding/rescuing them will be the setup for the movie...

May 13, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. lala

I love 24. what will we do now. i am already in mourning. I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the brutal withdraw that will happen when 24 end. goosebumps. It was fun fun fun fun.

May 13, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lou

Connie, Morris has never been the same since he helped the terrorist (when he gave them a code). He may have a role in the movie, although I hope not. His voice was irritating.

I'd like to see Edgar before Morris.

May 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Wasn't it insane!!!!!! I think Cole is going to take Jack out and then Chloe will cry over his body and say, "He was my friend." Somebody has to–he's an out of control killing machine. That torture scene was his most X-treme yet! Lucky he had that torture kit on hand. When he picked up the blow torch I almost fell out of my seat laughing.

"Oh you swallowed it. No biggie. I'll just just cut into your stomach and get it." Talk about un-deterred. Nothing comes between Jack and his information and I mean NOTHING. After all–he doesn't have time to waste being human or anything like that.

Loved it.

M.

Can you say “simdectomy”…ouch!

Can’t wait to see who Jack disembowels next week – Logan? No way…he is a former President afterall…and when is Chloe going to have her first kill? What’s she waiting for? And whatever happened to her husband who used to work at CTU???

Connie

May 12, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Clyde

I think one of the unsung heroes of "24" is Sean Callery. On this episode, as on so many, I could feel the tension level rising and the adrenaline kicking in just because of the music.

"24" completely redifined episodic TV. I find nothing in drama on TV nearly as compelling as "24" and I will miss it sorely.

May 12, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chyrel

It's Wednesday and I'm still thinking 'Bauer'! I'm a bit ambivalent about the torture scene: was it really necessary yet the reality is, is that sometimes only pain will bring forth 'credible' (enough) information (depending on one's pain threshold)! Anyway, if ever a guy deserved some torture was that smarmy Russion sniper/intelligence officer. Loved the totally unexpected take of Jack's friend putting a gun to the sniper's head!

Now as to Logan...I love to hate that guy! He's really adding depth and dimension to these latter episodes though! Can't wait to see the expression on his face next week when Jack first approaches him!! If Jack must kill Logan though I'd prefer for it to be in self-defense...at least Logan must try to kill him first! So don't want Jack to loose any more of his inner moral compass as others have done on this season's episodes and in former seasons. There's got to be something left for the Movie!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Edward

@ docnorm

You are so correct! Not only that, This whole season is prophetic in a way. Tony said that this is what will happen because it happened to him. Jack and Tony now see eye to eye on everything, making Tony the only one outside of Rene and Chloe that understand him.

On the other hand Jack must be stopped! The show always has had a morality deeply sown in to the narrative. The killings are not for us to stand up and cheer but for us to take notice of the levels of patriotism and the frailty of it as it starts to erode from within a man and or a system predicated on dealing out justice and promoting democracy.

If he kills Logan he will cease at being human. Logan must stand as Jacks "Great White Whale" and he, its Ahab!

If he Kills him it will take away all that we have come to understand and care about Jack, thus leaving the show with a stain that wont be able to fade let alone go away.

Please trust that it will take away from the move or movies. Something must be saved for us to hang on to.

I say let Logan live! it just makes movie sence.

May 12, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pandora

Joey, when Teri was murdered, it was in the last minutes of the first season finale, I think. Then over a year passed when we got to the second season and he decapitated somebody the first episode [again, if my memory is correct!] So, we missed the acute phase of his grief over Teri, whose murder was avenged in the third season.

May 12, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tony Flood

You forgot to mention the episode's one spot of comic relief, the scene in which Logan seems unable to decide which tie to wear to President Taylor's press conference!

May 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. docnorm

Prediction: Logan is going to lead us to the "big conspiracy" and the movie will focus on bringing down the guys that Tony was oh so close to finding.

May 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Love to be Italian..

Jack is a BAAAAAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, the torture scene was a little cruel, but in the end I'd like to know that there are people out there who will do whatever it takes to get the information needed to wrap up a conspiracy. If I had someone in my life who was like Jack, I'd never be afraid of ANYTHNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway,,, the expression on Jack's face when he heard the voicemail was awesome. I feel bad for Logan, but he totally deserves what he gets. He's had it pretty easy since his arrest. Go Jack... keep it up man..............

May 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jeff in Parma

Before the boogey man goes to bed, he looks under it to see if Jack Bauer is hiding there!

Long Live the Bad Ass of Bad Asses!

May 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sai

I know its Wed, but I still could not get over Monday's episode. I still keep thinking about it, and can't wait for next Monday. I feel so sad deep inside that this is the last season. WOW, is all I can say. I LOVE LOVE 24. Can we do something for them to extend it at least another year.

May 12, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Joey

Is it just me or did he not get nearly this upset or vengeful when his own wife was murdered by someone he trusted implicitly?

May 12, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  21. Dano

Fantastic as always. I'm trying to figure out how Jack manages to escape without some kind of trumped up charge (he is going against the President of the US and she's guilty) hmmmm. Also is Agent Ortiz getting a little soft when he tells Chloe that Dana was executed? Do we trust him?

May 12, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. Tom

Charles Logan is a dead man walking... nuff said

May 12, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  23. Bobby

@ Craven4u...LOL, I'm the same way with no one calling me when 24 is on! And if they do, they know they are going to be ignored until after the show! :)

May 12, 2010 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. Adam

Am I the only one that thinks the only thing Jack
    should get time for is shooting that police officer in the foot? The rest of his 'victims' have deserved their fate... Jack is an instrument of Justice. The Russians should all have got the death penalty but would have got off due to their dilplomatic status. Dana shot and murdered like half of CTU on a murderous rampage.

Jack shooting random bystanders is him going Darth Vader. So far they have all DESERVED TO DIE!

May 12, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. Lou

Get him Frosted :-)

May 12, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  26. frosted

To rdww:

Actually, we wouldn't have this kind of 'entertainment' if there weren't real world scenarios providing the material for television shows like this. The world will NOT be better without '24', the world will be better when Osama Bin Laden and those like him are found and 'neutralized'.
    In the mean time, watch another show!

May 11, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. frosted

Okay, last nights episode was off the hook!! My husband and I squirmed all the way through the Tokarev torture scene.

I have watched this show since episode 1 and while Jack has gone a little wacky in the past, he has never let his own personal feelings pull him over to the dark side like this!

I do have to dis-spell the "mobile hot spot" created by Chloe & Arlo via my Uber-Techie husband: A mobile hot spot would be using Sprint's 3G/4G network. They would have no access to CTU's network without some sort of VPN. And, if they tunneled in then they would STILL be under the security restrictions that were set up by Jason & Eden. Translation: Sprint got some killa advertising!

That being said, this was a GREAT episode!!-

May 11, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. rdww

24 was and remains depressing fascist propaganda. It speaks to the worst in all of you, and the world will be a better place without it.

May 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Hank

I loved this weeks show...President Logan is a low down rat maybe, Jack will gut him next week.

May 11, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jackal

JACK THE RIPPER!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. coollight

Thank God the SIM card did not get damaged by the RUSSIAN stomach acid.

May 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. GHammer29

By far, the most fantastic/violent episode ever made of 24 !! From the clean operation to take the russian agents out, to the "simdectomy", I'm out of words to describe what a great episode this was !!!

George Pappas: Even though this was by far an excellent episode, it shouldn't had been rated as TV-14 – the "viewer discretion advise" was a mild warning – agree with you on that part only.

May 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Truth

I've seen every episode, and yelled and screamed and clapped at my TV before, but i honestly think that this was teh best episode of 24 in it's history.

Specific highlights are the "Han Solo coming in to save the day" moment with Madsen's character ("Click"), and the ensuing beatdown via shootout that Jack puts on the lame Russian agents. Then the look on Pillars face. God I love to hate that guy.

Then the torure scene, and some of the best dialog ever on 24. I was screaming "That's right MF" and jumpiong around.

Best show on TV.

May 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Lazydad

Send Jack to the Gulf of Mexico. He'll stop the leak!

May 11, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  35. CopyThat

The best part was when Tokarev said "go to hell" and Jack said "you first!" LOVED it! Actually clapped!

May 11, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. XY

Another great episode last night. Knew the department store and the reporter were the Jack's trick, but did not anticipate to see Jim putting a gun on Tokarev's head. A great scene. Jim's great. Also glad to see Cloe was striped from the acting dead of CTU, so she could help Jack again. Did not feel comfortable to see her try to catch Jack in the previous episode. Disappointed in seeing president Talor becoming so weak. Glad to see Logan being in control again – Jack will get you soon.

Do not like call Jack "Darth Bauer". Jack is not "perfect" person we cannot require him always thinking rationally under so much mental stress with the time pressure as well. If Dana and Tokarev went to regular channels to be punished, it's highly likely that they will get away from the punishment they deserve (remember Nina, Logan).

Torturing scenes are controversial but the show is rated TV-14 which is close to R-rated movies. So try to keep kids away from these scenes.

Finally, looks like we're not going to see any previous characters coming back in this season and hope to see some in the movie.

The best action TV series ever!

May 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. 24 fan

incredible episode. a man driven off the edge really... he has lost every woman he has ever loved. and now he's on a rampage to make everyone pay.

May 11, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Wifey

Wow! Last night's show was a high adventure thrill ride for me! I loved the SIM card scene as I never expected it. I love losing myself in "Bauer-Land" every Monday!

May 11, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. YouGotLost

Since it is the last season, I figure they can push Jack to the brink of death, if to his death...

How can he survives after "cleaning out" so many people ?

May 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Judy

My husband has a prediction for the final episode. He says he thinks Jack will wake up and get ready for work. . .at the post office.

May 11, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bob

I contend, much as the original blog poster alluded to, that the last 10 minutes last night were the best EVER for the entire series.

"You swallowed it..."

May 11, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Barbara

Logan's in big trouble and I don't think Taylor is safe from Jack either. How easy it is for her to forget her daughter tried to cover up a murder too.

May 11, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  43. CurtisDark

Eathan's going to be the President in the movie. He' will grant Jack a full pardon for exposing the Russian plot and taking Logan and the co-conspirators out ! He'll also probably give jack the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his bravery ! President Taylor will join her daughter Emily in prison !

May 11, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Barbara

Great show last night. I don't think they will kill Jack, he's the franchise. There will probably be several movies until Keifer decides he doesn't want to do it anymore. Don't trust Arlo and I think Dina Hassan knows more than they think. Best tv series EVER!

May 11, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Angee

Great episode on revenge!

Jack finally took action assertively and made quick and justified decision at a split moment.

We always trust his judgement because he is Jack Bauer!

May 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CurtisDark

Was that hot sauce in the bottle that Jack splashed on Tokarev ?

May 11, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Craven4u

I just absolutely love the show! I've been watching it faithfuly from "Day 1". Never missed an episode. Half of my family members and several of my co-workers watch it as well. During commercial breaks, my sister and I call each other and express our comments to what just happend. Everyone who knows me, knows NOT TO CALL ME ON MONDAY NIGHT between the hours of 9-10pm. LOL!!!
    Can't wait to see Logan get his! Hated him every since I found out he was behind getting my boo (President Palmer – Dennis Haysbert) killed. :-(
    I'm really going to miss Jack, Chole and the team. They really gave me a ride of my life! FOX cannot fullfill the void "24" will leave behind.

May 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jenny

How did that guy digest that sim card so fast? LOL!

How did Jack know exactly where to find it in his stomach?

I'm really surprised Chloe doesn't know all of Jack's street contacts.

Didn't it seem like Chloe was visiting Cole for more than 90 seconds?

Love how Jack was one step ahead of all the plots against him!

May 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe

That was crazy!!! At the edge of my sit all night. However, I think jack has lost it...he is going to do as Dana said in the start..."he is going to pick one by one." LOGAN...batter up!

May 11, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Judy Long

I hope President Logan swallows his Simm Card

May 11, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. John

having never missed a season or episode of "24" is it weird that I am feeling as though Jack Bauer will end up dead by the end of this series? I mean, sure, we all know that justice will be served; but this time I feel as though I am drawn to feel that Bauer as a little bit of "villian" bit up in him to the point where someone will ended up killing him (like Freddie Prinze Jr's character..............Agent Ortiz is it?), simply in the name of National Security. I don't know, just a thought....

May 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bernard

Going to have a 24 Season Finale Party!!!

May 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kevin McDowell

This show will be missed, can't wait for the Movie.Charles Logan's new name should be "DEAD MAN WALKING"

May 11, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mickey

It would be awesome if Jack gets to interrogate Pres. Logan. So fulfilling. Im gonna miss 24. Jack you ROCK!

May 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. bk45

A possible show ending...Jack goes to prison at end of tv season.
    Then for the movie he is needed to track down some Russian bad guys and is released like the China prison season.

May 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. MIzzy

OMG...that Russian dude got "Jacked-UPPPPP!!!!

I mean how much hollering at the TV can one do during one show!
    That Simectomy (great medical term, this needs to be officially added to medical books everywhere), was gory & great all at the same time.

Jack is gonna hurt somebody real good next week. I think for a moment he forgot himself. Almost seemed suprised at how quickly he could revert back to his 'KILLER' instinct like the ol' days.

If they had just left him & Renee alone, there would be a few more people alive today....Oh well next victim Fmr Prez Logan.
    U got it comin' man!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  57. dh

I hope Jack takes them all out, especially that weasel Logan.
    Props to the all the actors involved, especially Gregory Itzen for
    creating such an indelible character that you love to hate. I
    haven't had this much fun since the night time soaps of the 80's.

May 11, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  58. AJE

Most entertaining episode in years.The interrogation scene was great.
    Best part is Jack not having to read any Miranda rights!
    Also Madsen is a great addition to the cast and hope he is in the movie.

May 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Adam Morgenstern

The first three seasons of this show were absolutely amazing. They were relatvely flawless, amazingly well-written and wonderfully acted. I began having problems around season 4, and by season six I had completely came to accept that the show had lost its momentum, although I knew I would never stop watching it. I felt last season was decent at the very least, but, I am very proud to say that the writers have made an outstanding comeback. I have never enjoyed a season this much since season 3. This season has been the best possible way to end the series, and I have been actively looking forward to new episodes. I am so thankful that the show has gotten this good again.

May 11, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  60. elmizmo

look out, jack's on the warpath and people will pay. some people think he is cruel and ye he does kill people " but they were all bad" (in my best Arnold accent). i don't think that swallowing it was the best idea, perhaps tossing it into the warehouse would have been harder to find and he didn't have any laxatives to help with the extraction, so a quick field dressing was in order. lookout Logan.

May 11, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Cheryl Zehowski

I love 24, and last night was the best night of the season!! The old Jack is back!

May 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. CJ Sefl

OK, I'm in the minority, I guess, but last two episodes (and I've been a loyal fan from start) have taken Jack Bauer from rough and tough but still fighting for the good of the land ...TO....an out and out homicidal killer and...after these years...I'm tuning it off. How could such a good and clever show have gone so bad?

May 11, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Bobby

Fox is NOT who made the decision to cancel the show. Kiefer and the producers made a joint decision to end the show now. It is not going to another network. They are not going to kill Jack.

May 11, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Weezie

WOW, WOW, WOW - Bring it on. Last night I was begging for another hour. Very entertaining and amazing. Please bring this show back.

May 11, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Ron

I remember all of the great scenes of this show over the years and I can't believe it will come to a FINAL end. I think they will take a break for a few years and let the FANS go nuts by dropping hints of the shows return a few years from now. Then when the FANS have to have it, Jack will be back. Stay faithful everyone and we will see what the future holds.

Chole is the best!!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. andreu, alicia

Hated the show for its violence and sadism!! Only reason why I watched it was because I was visiting a household where they watch it every week. What a shame!

May 11, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jeff

Loved it more than any episode so far ever in the history of 24. The shootout in the department store was better than a ballet. When Jack was fishing around with is hand in the assasin's gut all I could think of was I wonder what he had for dinner.

May 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. funnygirl

great great show. Will our jack end up going to prison? I say hell no Jack, run brother run.

May 11, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. einsp922

And FOX isn't renewing this show? That is AMAZING to me.

May 11, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Maverick

What we all going to do when 24 and LOST are off the air? Nothing else to live for.....personally will call Bauer to put me out of misery !
    Everything else on TV is trash.

May 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Manny

I just love 24. The best show that I have ever watched, no comparison.
    Jack is the best action character of all. I'd put him up againt James Bond or Ethan Hunt any day.

May 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Peter M

24 is by far the best show ever seen on TV, I'm sad that it's ending, however, it may become the next James Bond should the film version be successful. Disembowelment looks like a SIMple outpatient procedure.....

May 11, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. maceo

Awesome show.....Jack is the man and Jim is a good side kick. I just hope that Chloe doesn't dig too deep to expose Jim.

May 11, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. sixwest

After watching last night's episode, I will never swallow a SIM card again...

May 11, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rita

I LOVED it...bauerite for life..go JACK!

May 11, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  76. D. Wat

Last two weeks are the best two episodes of the eight years running!
    What a way to end the series.

May 11, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  77. dpk17725

Jack Bauer for President.

May 11, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. cfwd

You go, jack...you are a rock star! I love this show and am already beginning withdrawls when thinking of its demise......

May 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  79. BC

Kudos to the sound people! The noises of that interrogation scene were expertly done.

And I hope they give Michael Madsen some more action next week! Keep him for the movie – he's the best!!!
    What was his line last night to the reporter? "You're not going anywhere. Jack wants answers, and he's gonna get them."
    AWESOME!

May 11, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Claude

@ CIRM thank you!!!! Finally someone finally understands the connection he had to Audrey. How about Jack sent Logan to jail for good this time, save president Taylor from down the abyss she been spiraling down of, keep the treaty alive, goes back to his family and long lost love

May 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  81. A J

As I've always said, if everyone would just LISTEN TO JACK, the show would be called "9."

However, one thing is bothering me plot-wise this season, and that's President Taylor's motivation. She's sacrificed her integrity and basically authorized the killing of Jack Bauer to prevent evidence of the Russian's nefarious conduct from becoming public. And why? Because it's the only way she can negotiate a peace treaty to which the Russians are essential. Huh?

If she KNOWS that the Russians are behind the assassination of President Hassan, it doesn't matter if the evidence of that fact becomes public-President Taylor already KNOWS that the Russians' participation in the peace treaty is fraudulent and meaningless, which renders the whole "peace" treaty meaningless.

Essentially, her actions says this: "I know the Russians are lying about their intentions and plotting behind the scenes, but as long as I can keep anyone else from learning that, I can make a treaty with them and save the world . . . never mind that the treaty itself will be with a party that I know is lying and plotting. I'll just trust them despite knowing they can't be trusted . . . as long as I can make sure no one else finds out they can't be trusted."

I know President Taylor has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, but anyone in that position would know that the treaty that's the untimate object of her efforts is worthless from the start if the Russians are behaving as she knows they have been. It doesn't matter whether the evidence for their behavior becomes public. This inconsistency makes her sell-out not just tragic, but also breathtakingly stupid.

May 11, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  82. tblodge

I am waiting for Ms. Hassan to pull the double cross due to her late husband's cheating. She will be with the Russian's all along.

May 11, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Wendos

This episode rocked!!!! Jack is out of control and Logan and Taylor better hide. This is a great way to end the season and transition to the movie. I will miss 24! It's been a hell of a ride!!!

May 11, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Dawn

@ Cory 3:01. I also thought Tony would show up toward the end of the show. They put in Mardsen instead. It might be too late for Tony now unless Chloe calls him to help Jack. I'm still mad at that weasel Cole. Now he has a conscious?? What about the guys he dumped in hte swamp?

May 11, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Bill

Tokarev you dirty Russian rat. Enjoy hell until Jack gets there and kicks you ass for the rest of eternity. Now comes the final "dead pool". Who's Jack gonna take out next (Logan, Pillar, the Russian ambassador) and what price will he have to pay? Torture is waiting another week to find out.

May 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Abby

It's not impossible for them to kill Jack (the only reasonable outcome in my opinion), because the movie can also be a prequel.

May 11, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Ellie

Last night's show was unbelievable!! In my opinion the way things are turning out for Bauer I have this feeling that he's going to die at the end of the season along with the truth being revealed.

I think Madam President is regretting her decision, a poor one at that on trying to hid the Russians dealing with terrorism. it's going to hit the fan!

May 11, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  88. cory

Who else thought the intervention by Jim with the sniper might have been Tony instead?

May 11, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kathy Tenner

loved every minute of the show last night! I do not know what I will do when the show goes off air!

We need to find a way to keep it going... !

May 11, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Steven

Biting out the jugular! Yes! Right up there with the best of Jack. For me, a favorite line came up in one of the early seasons – Jack, after growing frustrated with a less-than-forthcoming suspect and shooting him right in CTU's office, looking up at George Mason and saying "I'm gonna need a hacksaw." Brilliant.

May 11, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dawn

@ JA 2:25 – I think Pres. Taylor went too far when she ok'd the hit on Jack & the cover-up of the russian involvement. She is doomed unless Ethan can come up with an idea to save her. I also can't wait for Chloe to take down Pillar & his snarky helpmate (can't remember her name). What's with Cole having a conscious now? Didn't he cover-up for Dana when he tossed 2 bodies in the swamp??

May 11, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  92. joanne ierardi

what a awsome eposide.....love it....love it....go jack i was sitting on the edge of my chair saying give it to him....give it to him...cant wait until next week when logan is going to get his......waw was jack surprise when he heard the name...o my god i said..........as the clock tick away again.....awsome....awsome.

May 11, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Wendy

Is that flesh I smell burning Jack?! He was unbelieveable as usual and I can wait until he has a word or two with that stink of an ex president Logan. I do hope he gives it to Logan worse than he did with Dana and Tokarev put together, this is one president worthy of a Jack Bauer beat down! As for Madame President....I am beyond disappointed.

May 11, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Ms. Kaila

Isn't that just like "24"! Full of ACTION!!! I was just screaming and yelling go JACK, go JACK!!! Jack knows how to get the info. It was a great night of entertainment, can't wait until next week. Chloe was on her job, like right now.....

May 11, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  95. JunieG

To me, the simectomy was as outstanding as the time Jack actually bit a guy's jugular vein out of his neck.

May 11, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Claude

Will i sound sick if i post about how how enjoyable it was watching the hell out of Tokarev. Hell being a good word to use since Tokarev told Jack to go to hell. The biggest mistake of his life for thats where Jack sure sent him. GO TO THE HELL YOU FIRST. That statement just describe the whole episode Jack agaisnt the world, unleashing hell unless you want a first class trip to go see Lucifer, get out of his way. Jack is boss and he's cleaning house. Everybody that died and will die brought it on themselves just ask Dana. All they (Russians, Logan, Pillar) was leave Jack and Renee and alone, they didnt, and that stupid mistake is going to just about bring their end. Speaking of Jason Pillar can Jack go ahead and kills him already, he's way over his head and just dont know what he got himself into by going against Jack. 24 is going out on a bang and will be missed, mondays will never be the same. I guess its time for to start getting my DVDs of seaons 1-7 thank god for them

May 11, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  97. b

John

I have been asking those questions for a couple of weeks. Any ideas anyone?

May 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  98. lynda

Everyone should write to fox demanding they keep the show on. Several years ago people wrote in and demanded they keep Family Guy on the air. It was brought back due to public demand.

May 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  99. George Pappas

The proper description for the last 10 minutes of the episode would be a horrendous display of physical violence from one human being to another disguised under TV14 instead of NC-17 as it should have been. On the other hand an exposed female breast would have raised a hell of protests by the "pro-family" groups and hefty fines by the government to the network. This is truly pathetic.

May 11, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  100. 24fan

loved the comment about "the guy." reminded me of enrique – the guy who gives sarah connor access to the fantastic underground armory in terminator 2.

also loved the mention of habib marwan. he was so bad! and wife dina too! bad, bad, bad! they were great villians.

May 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  101. John

my question is, where is Aaron Pierce? He wasn't killed last year. And is Mandy going to pop up? And will they link Alan Wilson and Logan to Nina and the Dresens?

May 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  102. ceecee

I hope in the final episode, Jack gets to finally settle down with his daughter and granddaughter to live his days happily ever after...but then, months later, another world-crisis emerges and Jack is once again sought after for his help. Thus, the beginning of a new era "24" the movie.

May 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Arey654

jack should have tortured him some more.. putting his hand in his stomache to get the sim card is priceless.. that should be a At&t commercial.. "WHERES THE SIM CARD!!!" lol

May 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Tab

This episode was awesome!!!!!!!!!! Jack is the MAN!!!!!! The torture scene was the best part. Also, why did those idiots not think that Jack would be coming to the mall to meet someone and not think they would find out. DUH!!!!!......He's Jack Bauer you idiots!!!! Anywho.....I can't wait until next week to see how Ironman Jack (he looks like Ironman w/that mask on....LOL!!!)handles Logan's evil behind.

May 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  105. b

I don't think killing Jack and having a back story plot for the movie will work. What makes 24 so good isn't just Jack...it also includes other characters like Chloe or Tony which you really couldn't included very well in a back story. Maybe it would work after a couple of good movies, but not for the first one out of the box.

Remember 24 has already made a movie, 24 Redemption. It was ok but I thought it a little slow without some of the supporting cast we have come to know like Chloe or Tony.

May 11, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Sirlord1262000

Do you all recall the infamous phrase, " I hate Mondays"?

For the past several years, that phrase seemed to vanish in thin air.

Lately, though, the drum beat has begun to beat slowly and surely that is expected to culminate in one heck of cresendo come the third Monday of January 2011!

May 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  107. JA

@ Dawn; Lou; and JT: About Arlo again...he just kept making faces that I didn't trust, like he wasn't being completely straight with my girl Chloe...I hope I'm wrong, but you know, it's 24, and anything can happen!! Also, I hope Chloe has the opportunity to completely trounce Pillar and his robot bimbo sidekick!!! Oh, how I'm rooting for my girl Chloe!!! This show is absolutely FAN-tastic!!! ps: do you think there is any redemption for Prez Taylor, or has she simply crossed too many lines? I'm hoping that she still has the chance to do the right thing in the end...Oh man, is it Monday yet?!?!?!

May 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Amy

Show was incredible last night...I tried to hide behind my stuffed kitty for the last 10 minutes, but she was no help whatsoever. I'm pretty sure Jack used every torture method known to man before determining death and disembowlment was the only, final option. Best scene was when Logan had all his ties layed out for the big press announcement. That was SO Logan...he's so bad, he's good! Can't believe there are only a few short hours left....will Chloe save the day? How will it all end!?!? I hope they bring back a few old characters for the last hours...I can hardly stand it!

May 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Chris man

If they do decide to make a movie about events before season 1 they can make a movie about the Victor Drazen mission wich was talked about in season 1 which David Palmer authorize an Jack lost all his crew....Nina, Sherry, Chappelle, Mason, Tony and David Palmer with have to coma back...an lets not forget about Mike Novick

May 11, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  110. bruna

I had to leave my grandson's birthday party to make sure I was home by 9pm. I did not even take off my coat and shoes as I sat watching totally mesmerized by Jack. He's the 'coolest dude' on this planet . My monday nights will NEVER be the same as Jack moves forward to bigger and better. Thanks Jack for making every monday night a thrill ride.

May 11, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  111. ClockWatcher

This episode took me back to 24 in it's hey day! It was awesome! In fact the last 3 episodes have been nothing short of outstanding TV.

May 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Roberto

The parole officer looked like he smelled BEFORE he died. He must really stink by now.

May 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  113. gi gi

WHAT A DIGUSTING ABSOLUTELY AWESOME SHOW LAST NITE.
    so what if the contracts are up, it's the best show going and don;t the sponsors know it??
    Sign em up, keep it going and keep us all happy on Mondays.
    Fox can sign them. Keep the show going. Somebody pick it up!!
    PLEASE!!
    Can't wait til next week.....I think i'll get a defibrilator just tohave onhand.

May 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  114. skc

Logan, you know you can't run or hide from jack. swallow your SIM card fool.
    24 – Best show on TV.

May 11, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Pilot

Absolutely loved it….. no word can explain how FANTASTIC last night show was.

I loved it when Tokarev said go to hell and Jack replied “You First” !!

Love the show it is AWESOME!!!

May 11, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Steven

Another great episode – Jack on fire is pretty damn entertaining.

For those wondering whether or not Jack will die – I'm not sure, but I think it's plausible for him to die, and i mean really die, not "24-die-but-not-really-dead-die". I don't know for sure, but i don't think a time frame has been announced for the movie.

Any thoughts on the movie being about life for Jack before the series even began? I think it'd be cool to have the movie tell some of Jack's back story – sort of tell the tale(s) of what has made him the man he is. Think of it – they could bring back so many people – even Teri! They could tell us stories of Jack in all kind of dark and nasty places that the US has been involved with in the last few decades – Iraq...Central America...Bosnia....

It'd be fun – call it something like "24 Files – Operation Fill-in-the-Blank", and have it be the first of a bunch of movies that bring the American James Bond to the screen for a franchise of films that will keep 24 fans in red meat for years.

Just a thought...

May 11, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  117. jennifer726

honestly i am a bit neverous with the previews for next week...cole is stupid to go against jack and think he is the "bad guy" yeah he may be out for revenge but he is going to rip open the us goverment while getting his sweet revenge.

last night was great...i have loved jack every season and looked forward to january because of him and this show...at least he is kicking a$$ on his way out!!!

knowing there is a movie is the only thing that is not making me go crazy each night....

May 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Pat

The best damn episode I have seen since the earlier years. I love the scene of him torturing that guy. Revenge is a dish best served Bauer style. The action had me on the edge of my seat. This is the Bauer I have grown to love. I haven't seen him like this since he took that guy's head off trying to get information about President Palmer's assasination. Next week is going to be great.

May 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Lazydad

Can we please have Logan swallow a sim chip!

May 11, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jack Fan

Oh Mr Idiboo yeah you Robert who posted at 1:36 pm they could make the movie based on a Flashback of how Jack first got into the whole C T U spy game .
    You know his die hard fans would watch that. Use you imagination man.

May 11, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Burkley74

Major kudos to the procuder's, writers, actors, etc. 24 is definitely the best show on television. Last nights epispode was FANTASTIC!!!! This will surely b the demise of President Logan....... I am really dissappointed with President Taylor.... she stood for something but now appears to falling 4 everything!!!! After watching 24, I always fell like I can work for CTU!!! lol.

This is the best show on television!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Linda

I LOVED IT! Sorry to yell, but I'm actually still screaming from last night! I mean, this show is nothing less than captivating. Jack is the only person I know who really can get blood from a turnip. Give Jack a phone, and he can make it happen. When he gutted the Russian, I was done! Jack, you are the MAN! I'm glad you're on our side!

The Prez deserves what she gets and should be made to share a cell with Logan (or with whatever is left of him after Jack get's through with him next week – LOL).

Exceptional! We should start a campaign now for another season. Withdrawal from this will be too hard.

May 11, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Dawn

@ Greg 1:56. I had the thought of Jack's demise in the back of my mind also. Don't want to think it might be true. Does anyone know-for sure- that they are making the movie?

May 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  124. CIRM

Politically Correct Ending: Well-meaning President Taylor escapes being "outed" as Jack thwarts Logan and keeps his tarnished legacy intact.....Peace Treaty is Alive.....

Feel Good Ending: Bad guys in body bags, Renee gone, Chloe in-charge at CTU, global Peace.....Jack travels to Kim and holds grand-daughter Teri tight as the sun sets on the season/series.....

Harlequin Romance Ending: Nowhere else to go.....Jack returns to his real love Audrey.....who awakes upon his long-overdue return.....

KickAss Ending: Russians capable of smuggling dirty bomb into NYC, wonton snipering, undetecable communications, infiltration into CTU and other agencies, death needles into would-be confessors.....and as Jack pointed out.....purposely NOT getting the kill shot on Renee.....who is kept alive by co-conspirators.....and saves Novakovich from Jack's death clutch......setting up the movie..... "The Hunt for Red Renee" anyone ???

May 11, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  125. chris

Loved every minute of It...

May 11, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Greg

I've loved 24 since my Seasons 1-2 48 hours viewing marathon in college 6 years ago and I've seen every season and episode since. This season is amazing and I am sad it is ending, but all good things must come to an end. I know there has been talk of a movie to wrap everything up, but I got the feeling that we are being miss led so we don't see the end to this season coming. Now I could and hope that I'm wrong, but I think this is the end for Jack. He will get his revenge by seasons end, but it will cost him his life.

May 11, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Metri

Oh man!!! What a great ep. last night. I can't wait until next Monday. Awesome!!!!!!! way to go JACK.

May 11, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Sirlord1262000

Here is some of your quotable quotes that's worth reading over and over again. Enjoy them since I couldn't say them better myself! Up to high noon that is!

Jack Bauer rules

The process by which Jack extracted the SIM from Tokarev's stomach is called disembowelment.

The last show is on May 24 so it looks like we get a nice two hour finale.

I am SO pumped for next week!! This show makes me grateful for commercials- I need those few minutes to get my heart rate back to normal!

All I have to say is, "they should have never killed his woman"

24 rocks

Long live JACK the DARK LORD OF RAGE

Plyers, knife, acid & a blow torch. Vintage Jack Bauer torture.

Last night 24 episode was amazing i think that was the most bloodies torture scene we seen Jack do and what blew Jack out of control was when Tokarev told Jack i did not kill your woman..... i killed your B****.....its like if he was asking to get torture.

The best part of last night's show has to be the voice recording of President Logan when jack checks Tokarev's cell phone.

wow. what a rush! these past several weeks have been amazing. it sucks that this show is ending, but i'm glad that it is ending on top. they are laying it all on the table (well, all except for what's necessary to lead into the movie) and we get to see jack at his best – a controlled rage; a man at the edge of reason and sanity, but never losing either one. and from the previews, this adrenaline rush is not going to end anytime soon.

Is it Monday yet?

Copy that!

May 11, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  129. b

Will Aaron and Tony show up this season?? They both hate Logan.

May 11, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Dawn

@ JA- I too wonder about Arlo. Hope he's not a bad guy. Anyways, Yikes!! I had to turn away from the screen when Jack gutted the Russian for his sim card. Jack's mad & I'm glad. Chloe is the best!! I hope she is in the movie. Why, oh why, is this show going off the air. My monday nights will never be the same. btw- I really thought Jack's man (mardsen) would be Tony. I think the writers missed the boat by not having Tony return. Great show!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Beverly-NYC

Logan is too much, what made the Presidident Taylor think she could trust this snake ( no insult to snakes intended), he had Palmer killed after all. I hope Jack kills him slow, he has it coming.

May 11, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Lou

I've had enough. I have to watch the episode again. I was trying to wait until Thursday, but I can't hold out.

I think I have a problem :-(.

May 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  133. dlf

OMG!!! I was on my feet jumping up and down. When it was over my heart was racing! I just LOVE this show.

The shot of Jack's face when he figures out Logan is in withthe russians is priceless. I don't think it will take much for Jack to get Loqan to fess up. He is such a wimp he will pee his pants when Jack in body armour shows up. But I can't wait anyway. I hope it lasts the entire hour!!!

I was trying to figure out how the store/coffee shop meeting would play out and then it was Jim on the assist! Oh, h@## yes! Didn't guess it, but it was awesome!!! Where has he been all season? This guy is ba-addd!!!

They should let Chloe take on Pillar the punk and the assistant. It wouldn't take much. Both are wimps and totally useless. Pillar told Cole he was a Marine! What an insult to the Marine Corp. He wouldn't last a day with them.

They can just take Monday off of the calendar after this is over. I will need some serious withdrawal!

GO JACK!!!!! YOU ARE DA' MAN!!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  134. anthony de angelis

i thought last nights show was great especially when jack got the sim card.i can't wait for next weeks episode

May 11, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Robert

Don't you "Jack will die" idiots realize there is a movie coming out?

Yeah, I'm talking to you "Jack Fan" who posted at 1:26 PM ET

May 11, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Yowster

Tokarev – "Go to hell"......
    Jack – "You first"

One of the most memorable lines in 24 history

May 11, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  137. N506

I've loved all 8 seasons of "24". I hope they don't kill Jack in the movie finale...'cuz I am hoping that there are sequels in the future. I will be going into withdrawal on Monday nights, also. Wish they were keeping "24" alive, but I suppose all things must end at some point. I hope that Keifer continues to make movies, or perhaps another TV show. He's one "bad boy" who is fun to watch!

May 11, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jack Fan

Sad to say I think Jack is going to die unless he somehow makes Pres Logan the "Fall Guy" and brings him to the News station to confess all his sins on live T V.
    Then all of Jacks killings the last couple of weeks will change from revenge to once again Saving the Good Old U S A.

May 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Marine260

Last nights show was on the money.. Jack is an outstanding field ops agent. Jack very well knew that by calling the reporter and using key words the call would be monitored. Jack has been playing chess with 10 moves ahead and having everyone come to him including CTU. Jack will stop at nothing until he gets them all. Excellent SIMDECTOMY! we all know what the other word means. True fan from the very first episode. I have introduced friends and family to 24 and they are so hooked, it's like a drug. They are starving for more.... keep it coming.

May 11, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Julie

Thank you, 24 and company, and for giving us viewers a very nice, final season to your long-running show. Last night's episode, once again proved, that the writing and action for this final season of the entire series is just spot on – you are giving viewers what we want to see. And kudos to all your cast and entire crew – wow! way to fire it up these last several weeks. My husband and I have been fans since the first hour of the first season. As the show has been winding down during this final season we find ourselves glued to the TV each Monday night, screaming and yelling and cheering and squirming at the screen, watching as the clock runs out and wondering how it will all end! We will miss you, but you're going out on top, and we commend you for it!

May 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Joshua Weikel

I loved the episode last night....I thought it was just gonna be Jack going around knocking off everybody involved. It didn't appear last week that he was going to do anything else with the video except that. But I'm glad that he's turning it over to the media so the whole thing can be exposed. He's just trying to get to the bottom of the whole thing.

That said, the video actually isn't exactly incriminating for the Russian government, yes the guy in the video is a Russian, and he is a Russian Inteligence agent. But it never refers to any specific person in the Russian government itself...it only mentions "his man in Moscow." If the video does get leaked, the Russians still have plausable deniability by saying that he was rouge and not acting on behalf of the governement.

May 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  142. liz

Ii look forward to this review after every show.
    I get to relive the show all over again

May 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Lou

JA...I mentioned that a few episodes too. I'm not too comfortable with Arlo.

JT..too friggin funny. "A Beer Summit". I was thinking of something to say to Glenda, but I held back :-). Thanks for handling it for us all.

May 11, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Berger

I watched this episode 3 times already.It was absolutely awasome!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  145. JT

yea ARLO is a concern

May 11, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Lou

For the movie can they do a part one and part two? At first I was thinking the movie could be 24 hours, but I think I'll be almost happy with a 4 hour movie. Even if they make us wait a week for the part two. Can they do that?

I've read a few comments about another station picking up the show. I only watch 2 shows on tv, so I'm not sure if that has ever happened before. Is that truly a possibility?

May 11, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  147. JA

I agree that last night's show was incredible. But one question: does anyone else not completely trust Arlo? I still think he's going to play a bigger role in all of this. For my girl Chloe's sake, I hope not! This show is absolutely the best show on TV!!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  148. JT

they need 48 hrs with no commercials! for the last episode!!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  149. tim

one of the best, so much action and tension, just wanted it to keep moving along to the big finish! bring on the theater version!

May 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  150. JT

Glenda -- are you living under a rock? this is the guy who killed the nearest person to Jack, what did you think he would do have a Beer Summit? lol

May 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Billy

It's truly bitter-sweet watching these last few episodes, because if one is truly being honest with their self, there is no denying that the bar will be set many rungs lower for television drama series once "24" has run its course. Nothing even comes close, and it will be incredibly missed. Like Joni Mitchell wrote,"you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Last night's episode was yet another wonderful yet painful(excuse the pun) reminder of what we're about to lose.

May 11, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Marcus

I was commenting on Facebook about the episode and how hot and Dana Walsh is, and then when Jack just capped her ass execution style i was breathless and speechless the rest of the episode encapsulated in an awe inspiring trance that only Jack Bauer can induce.

May 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  153. JT

once again the Article is on point like a THORN! its bitter sweet for me... we wont see another season of 24 :( but then they are going out with a BANG!

May 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Glenda

Oh my! We are back to the sickening torture of years past! I thought with the new and kinder Obama administration that was a thing of the past. Guess not! Nothing like Jack when he gets fired up – from using a sander on somebody's skin to cutting them open to find something stored inside – Jack can almost make me sick. Just too much! Anybody agree?

May 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Lala

The one bogus part of this show is that the Russian operative wouldn't have Pres Logans phone number in his phone... when Logan gave him the phone he said they would communicate over nontraceable lines... not even a complete idiot would put a voicemail message on that type of line...

May 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  156. cagey

Hey, if we need the Government cleaned up today can we hire Jack Bauer? He is the most honest individual out there – no flies on him!

May 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Ken

Idea!! Port this show to HBO and let them take the gloves off (so to speak). How awesome would that be? Common Jack....don't leave us! (and remember, they are leaving by choice....Fox didn't cancel them.)

No movie will do the series justice though....you can't build the story/characters/action in 2-3 hours. Just won't be the same, but I will buy the tickets. :)

May 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Eileen Roberts

OMG!! Last night was AWESOME!! I LOVE JACK BAUER!! I can't wait to see what he does to Logan!!!
    What are we going to do after the last episode?? I can't stand the thought of not having 24 to look forward to. Please don't go away Jack!!
    Sad in San Diego :(

May 11, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Randy

What an awesome episode! Without a doubt in the top 5 of all time.

FOX is crazy to let this go...Although if they really do, I'm sure someone else will pick it up. It certanly doesn't matter to me what channel it's on as long as it stays.

May 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Jeff in Parma

@ Lou...Thanks!

@ Clark...Inigo Montoya always said "Hello" first!

@ Roberto...LOL! Too funny! (Logan did look silly picking out what tie to wear)

@ FOX TV...If you cancel this show, I'm hiring Jack Bauer to convince you otherwise!

May 11, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  161. fernando

nothing can match this last season of 24. every episode is just exhilirating. i specially like the moments when bauer gets the time to kill Dana Wahls and the Russian guy. and i'm expecting the good tension when bauer gets face to face with logan.....

May 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Paul in ABQ

"Revenge is a dish served cold." Has nothing to do with the temperature! It means let the event pass in time. Let the hot rage pass over you; then perform cold, calculating planning to take your revenge. The "24" setting doesn't promote Jack's cold revenge, and more the better. However, the revenge quote is just not appropriate for "24" and Jack's subsequent actions.

That said, these last couple of "hours" have been great fun. Reminds me of the best "Sopranos" episodes.

May 11, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Lou

Pete, I almost forgot about that. Yes! I thought that was weird. Then after the scene, I realized they were totally correct, lol.

May 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Amr

LOVED IT! OMG, it was incredible.

May 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Gee

This season started out so slow. I watched only because I've watched all 8 seasons. Boy what a change I couldn't stop screaming my sister kept phoning me but I wouldn't answer until commercial. I went to bed with Jack on the brain and what's was going to happen next. Cudos to the writers!
    I hate to see it end! but glad they gave us back the Jack we saw in season one. Great Job!

May 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Lou

This is my 4th post ever in life and all of them have been on this site. I think it's time for me to start addressing 'the author' as Mr. Moore. I read your article to relive the excitement of the previous night. Valerie and Linda I am right there with you.

I think last night's hour was the fastest hour I've ever experienced. Where did the time go? Jeff in Parma, it's ok about Dana, I look forward to your comments too. Actually most of the comments are pretty good up to this point. We have a few that disagree with Jack, and for that they should be banned, lol (just kidding, kind of).

Jack B is a BAAAAD MAN!!! I've always been with you Chloe, You Go Girl! Excellent job '24' staff. Also, Mr. Moore great write up, thanks again.

Monday can't come fast enough....

May 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Pete

You know you’re in for a good (enhanced interrogation techniques) scene when Fox repeats the “Viewer Discretion Advised” warning!

May 11, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  168. L.A. from SWATS

Just incredible! Loved every cringe inducing moment of the show. Although I had to turn away on parts of the torture scenes. Can't wait to see how Jack "works over" Logan.

May 11, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Jeff

I find it troubling how many people view torture and disembowelment as entertaining. There seems to be no outrage, no condemnation, no sense of disgust.

This is very troubling and very sad. I know this is fiction, but what type of people are we becoming.

May 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Jackson

The decision to end the show was not FOX's. Many people were having their contracts expire after this season, and, after 8 seasons, they decided to end it on their own terms. While I will miss it terribly, I always respect any show that chooses to go out on top.

May 11, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Jeff in Parma

@Steve...excellent ideas, except they use Jack and Tony Almeida as a team of covert government assassins to do the wet-work! What a team they make!

May 11, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Roberto

How will Jack torture President Logan???? Thats an easy one, threaten to cut off his newly picked out tie and Logan will squeal like the wimp we all know him to be.

May 11, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Chris man

I agree with Aaron stop talking about the parole officer smelling!!!!!!!! the show is 24 hours an it takes much more longer than that for a body to start smelling soooo please stop mentioning the parole office

May 11, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Andrew

I just loved the look on Pillar and his associate's face when they realized that Jack had killed all of the operatives and screwed up their plans.

May 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  175. tblodge

What I can't figure out is how Jack is going to ease his way out of a life time prison term. You have the cold blooded killing of Dana (which we liked), the shooting of the cop (albeit in the foot), a shoot out in a department store (self-defense), the torture and gutting of spy that would make Torqumada proud, and the forthcoming kidnapping (and torture) of a former President (disgraced or not). Add the impending article from the reporter that will bring down President Taylor, who is going to give Jack a pardon. He went off the deep end this time.

May 11, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Robert

Abby, I was thinking the same thing myself. The torture scene went a little too far.

I've always been behind Jack, even when he was killing off badguys or torturing them to find out evidence.

But last night just seemed wrong to me. I wasn't behind Jack doing that.

Obiously there are plent of sadistic 24 watchers who supported the torture (just read a few of the comments), but unlike situations where Jack was trying to prevent a terrorist attack, this was personal, and it was over the top.

May 11, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Scot

I couldn't agree more with all of those who say this is the best show. So riveting, so intense, great acting, directing, writing, you name it, this show has it all. LOVE IT!!!

May 11, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Clare

I enjoy this show to the max. My son and I watch every episode. I am so sorry this is the last season. They always take the best shows off the air!!

May 11, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Joanne

I meant to say who will go to see the Movie 24 WITHOUT Jack ... no one!

May 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Joanne

I don't think Jack will be killed off during the last episode because he is going to be in the Movie 24. Think about it ... who will go to see the Moview 24 with Jack ... no one. Great show. Will be missed.

May 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Dick Fairy

Fox is so stupid for wanting to cancel 24.
    Best show on TV- hands down.

May 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Abby

I liked the episode, but I thought the torture went a little over the top. I think it would have been better to leave it to everyone's imagination, and not shown everything so graphically. It's almost like they were trying to show what they could get away with.

A much better moment for me was the look on Jack's face during the last few episodes when he realized Logan was behind it all. The showdown between those two will be the best part of the season.

May 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Dutch -aka- Bauer Fanatic

Reminder: The people who are pulling Logan's strings are still out there. They never were apprehended a few seasons ago. They are behind everything. I also believe that we may see the female assassin who tried to kill President Palmer in the movie. CTU has given some bad people immunity deals and set them free. That may come back to bite them in the end.

May 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  184. johnson emmanuel

HELLO GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP , WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP FOX FROM DISCONTINUE 24.

May 11, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Derrick

Hello FOX, sit back and think about it, cancelling the best show on TV Period, now your going to lose the ratings war. Work on bringing it back, get the movie to get us ready for another fantastic season.
    Cancelling the show !!!! As Ron White says...you can't fix stupid!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Jeff in Parma

What an awesome episode! Jack Bauer at his best and meanest!
    I was wrong about Dana. Looks like she's really dead.

Jacks torture of that ruskie was kick ass!

Looks like Jack catches up to that slime ball Logan and deals with him. Too bad he probably wont do to Logan what he did to Renee's killer.

Long Live Jack Bauer!

May 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Dirty Joe

For those of you saying it was Logan's voice on the recording, did you even watch the show?

Can you tell the difference between Logan's and Pillar's voice?

GOD HELP YOU!

May 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Dutch -aka- Bauer Fanatic

Charles Logan is a walking coffin!

May 11, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Anita

Loved the episode! Great recap! Michael Madsen was awesome. "Heal yeah, Jack (and Jim)!"

May 11, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  190. wowie

wow. what a rush! these past several weeks have been amazing. it sucks that this show is ending, but i'm glad that it is ending on top. they are laying it all on the table (well, all except for what's necessary to lead into the movie) and we get to see jack at his best - a controlled rage; a man at the edge of reason and sanity, but never losing either one. and from the previews, this adrenaline rush is not going to end anytime soon.

24 has been the cure to the start of the work week for 8 years. i plan to be watching previous seasons on netflix to help me cope with the end of this era. thank goodness they are on instant play.

May 11, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  191. isrrich

Just had to post. I've watched all of 24 from season 1 to now. In my opinion it is the best show on television with great acting. The writers recycle script scenarios like a mole in CTU but so what. It is completely realistic. Do you think the terrorist will ever stop trying to infiltrate security agencies, or blowing up planes et al.

I remember persons screaming on this board "Why Kill Renee.? Jack doesn't need extra motivation." Well it was to trigger the transformation of Darth Bauer. People stop questioning scenarios like this, and why the dead parole officer isn't stinking up CTU (when the explanation has been given again and again) and just enjoy the end.

Anyway this show is sooooo ggooooddddd and I will miss it.

May 11, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  192. phyllis sells

The show was flat out great last night. Just the best action/drama on, as I have said many times.

Can't wait for the Logan take down, and the Pillar take down. It should be the best ever. The look on Jack's face when the voice of Logan came on, with the phone, was just priceless. He really went into Jack mode.. President Taylor needs her butt kicked to the moon, for what she has done!!

Glad to see Chloe back on the Jack train again, and Cole can go stick he head back in the sand, because he is not seeing what is right in front of him..

When are they going to discover the dead body of the probations officer, in the vents at CTU?? He should be really smelling bad by this time...

All i can say is go Jack go, loving me some Jack Bauer...peace out.

May 11, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  193. b

GREAT show. The season started slow, but has picked up big time. Each of the last three hours have ended with a bang, right up there with the all-time classic ending of years past, but three weeks in a row. WOW

Next week Logan will spill the beans to save his life. My guess is Jack will not hurt Logan too bad. Jack can mame and kill everyone else, but Logan is too high profile. Jack knows if he kills Logan he will have to do some jail time. So how does Jack prove Logan's confession? Tape it, just like he did a few seasons ago to nail Logan. But now Pres. Taylor is in trouble too. I say Jack gives her a pass and tells her how to make it right so the peace agreement goes through without the Russians. Eriq LaSalle's character will help out too!

What's left for the movie? The Russians and the evil cabal from last season..... who I think is behind Logan. Logan is not this smart to have done all the things that happened this season. Still hoping Tony pops up to help Jack get at Logan and the evil cabal.

May 11, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  194. Dutch -aka- Bauer Fanatic

"You people are so stupid" – Jack Bauer

If I must say so myself Tokarev, that was really stupid of you to swallow the Sim card. Jack just tortured you damn near to death. Did you honestly think he wouldn't gut you like a pig when he found out you swallowed it? Wrong!

May 11, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  195. Linda

I read your stuff just to relive the excitement! I will seriously miss this rollercoaster of a ride on Monday nights...sigh...not even a program that comes close to it...been watching since day one...every hour. Damn why do they do this to us?? I look forward to seeing that slug Logan squirm the Jack Squrim....gotta love it..and let's please see if not a happy ending at least a tolerable one for our beloved Jack...

May 11, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  196. yardiii

is it just me... or does anyone thinks that Jack will die in the end of this series. ?

May 11, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  197. Dirty Joe

Why didn't that idiot just toss the sim card somewhere in the room. That was a huge, warehouse-style room they were in.

That would have been awesome if Jack- thinking he knows all the answers of course- gutted the Russian and pulled out a chewed up hotdog instead of the sim card.

Meanwhile the simcard is somewhere in the warehouse. Better yet, why didn't the russian just smash it. Those things are delicate.

May 11, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  198. Brian

Man, really gonna miss this show and of course Jack Bauer. It has occurred to me that maybe Jack can now occupy the chair currently holding Simon Cowell as THE judge on Idol, what do ya think??

May 11, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  199. HM

Rule number 1, "Never swallow a sim card". Coz JACK will find it and put it back in the phone where it's supposed to be!

May 11, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  200. Clark

What I should have said was:

My name is Jack Bauer. You killed my girlfriend. Prepare to die.

May 11, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  201. Clark

My name is Jack Bauer. You killed Renee Walker. Prepare to die.

May 11, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  202. dillo dirt is sewage

What's up with the BMX style mask Jack's wearing next week?

May 11, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  203. vindian

Jack: "No one messes with me!!!!....No one!!!! Not the past president of the United States and not even the current president."

May 11, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  204. anonymouse

My response is to the following comment:

_______________________________________________

samji May 11th, 2010 10:50 am ET

I just remember couple of episodes ago, Nathan telling Prez.Taylor that her silence of the Russian involvement is grounds for "impeachment". Is that any sign of something ???

_________________________________________________

samji, dude, that wasn't Logan's voice. That was Pillar's voice. Get your act together fool.

May 11, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  205. Chris man

Last night 24 episode was amazing i think that was the most bloodies torture scene we seen Jack do and what blew Jack out of control was wen Tokarev told Jack i did not kill your woman..... i killed your B****.....its like if he was asking to get torture. Also next weeks epiosde looks really good as we close down to the season finally an it looks like Jack finnally gets his hands on Charles Logan...lets not forget Jack already hates this guy for the death of president Palmer we will see how this turns out....one last thing is Jack reminding you of Tony in season 7 wen he was after revenge for the death of Michelle an his unborn child?

May 11, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  206. RG

I just heard that the Sims Game is coming out with a new version...called Jack the Sims card Ripper...Copy That!

May 11, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  207. Bauer Fanatic

I loved this episode. Plyers, knife, acid & a blow torch. Vintage Jack Bauer torture. The last 10 minutes were by far the best of the entire season. But let's not exclude the 10 minutes prior to that. The shootout in the mall was classic. It took about 2 hours for my heart rate to calm down.

But boy, oh boy. The preview for next week looks bananas. I can't wait. Logan is a dead man.

May 11, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  208. REBEL

LOVED IT LOVED IT-HOW MANY DAYS TILL MONDAY AGAIN????

May 11, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  209. Eric Draven

It would have been awesome if Logan would have answered his phone when Jack called the number. Jack's face when he heard Logan's voice, and Logan's face when, without a word being said, realized it was Jack on the other end of the phone. Logan would be sprinting out of the country.

Is it Monday yet?

May 11, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  210. maggie

i had fun with it. my mother, not so much. but me? yeah, why not spend 24 hours in gitmo...

May 11, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  211. Starlett

WOW..... what an episode, i was screaming at the television i couldn't believe my eyes. As sad as i am to see it end this is the perfect time to go with a bang bang bang....

May 11, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  212. Ab

HE GUTTED THE ASSASSIN! That's all I got to say. Long live JACK the DARK LORD OF RAGE

May 11, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  213. haylo

his name was not on the restricted "untraceable" voicemail. that was HIS actual phone. that was his assistants voice. he wasnt worried about that being traced. the number didnt show up restricted..

the restricted number was jacks if i'm not mistaken. thats what they had to try to figure out who it was..

May 11, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  214. mikemazzla

" Hi you've reached President Logan.. I cant come to the phone right now but leave a message. Peace"

May 11, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  215. logic

24 rocks

May 11, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  216. Wsupnow

Don't ever swallow your sim card!! Jack will rip your guts to get it.

May 11, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  217. Jack of all trades

I love last night episode!

One thing I don't understand, how dumb can get in putting your name (Charles Logan) on the voicemail of an "untraceble" phone.

May 11, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  218. Natasha

All I have to say is, "they should have never killed his woman"

May 11, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  219. Jabo

On Pins and Needles the whole episode......even justified the gore fest to get the sim card. Can't wait to find out what happens to that sleeze bag Logan! This episode alone is bringing up those feelings....we'll miss you Jack!

May 11, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  220. Steve

I've got a theory about how to end 24. So here it goes.
    Obviously no one know's yet how this season will end, but....
    In my story line, which kinda resembles season one, Jacks's
    granddaughter is kidnapped by some sort of terrorist/shadow govt.
    group. Jack is probably serving time in a federal prison somewhere. Obviously this group has connections and Jack is secretly allowed to escape. The catch is that Jack has to carry out a hand full of covert assassinations in order to gain his granddaughter back.
    In the final twist, after Jack has carred out the assassinations, and
    the group has set up Jack to take the fall, their going to kill the rest
    of Jack's family. In the final act, Jack decides to be executed if they
    allow his daugher and granddaughter to live. Jack finally being able
    to give his life for the most worthly cause....

What do you guys think?

May 11, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  221. mike

Where was THIS the last 2 or 3 seasons?! THIS is a good show. Even freaking Freddie Prinze Jr. is good...when has anyone ever been able to say that?! Sure, the early Dana vs. evil ex-boyfriend stuff was stupid (even in retrospect), but it's easily forgiven. And Michael Madsen is AWESOME. Seriously, WHERE HAS THIS BEEN?!

May 11, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  222. Donna F

I still get shivers down my spine when I think about Jack going after the SIM card. Just wish he would get the chance to give Logan what he has coming! 3 more hours and then nothing, I don't know how I will adjust! Thanks Keifer for such a fantastic ride, see you at the movies!!

May 11, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  223. Megan

Jack can do no wrong. Whatever choices he makes, I fully support- including brutally torturing and killing his enemies. I must say though, I still miss Renee. I am mad at the writers for killing her off.

May 11, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  224. Sylvia

Jack Bauer rules. Logan is right up there with Adolph Hitler. I love to hate that guy. He gives new meaning to the words "total dork". I start to get breathless every Sunday night. I keep checking both televisons to make sure that they work. I'd be forced to take my neighbor hostage and watch their 42 inch HD tv.

May 11, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  225. caitlin

It's very sad that the show must end but they're going out on top with the largest fan base to date. Can NOT wait for the movie!!
    Dereyck- thanks again for a great write-up!

May 11, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  226. RWYR72

The Rath of Jack !!!! Bet they didn't see this monsoon com'in.

May 11, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  227. Jesse

The transformation of “Darth Bauer” is one of the best things I’ve ever watched on television. I am surprised to see Jack Bauer flipping out like this, but the writers did manage to find a part of Jack that we haven’t seen in 8 seasons. What makes Kiefer Sutherland such an amazing actor to me is that I love to watch him whether he’s a hero or a villain. Now on “24″, he is both. And it’s so cool to watch. I don’t think it’s going to go well for Jack, but what a ride!!!

May 11, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  228. sjp

Man, I would hate to be Logan. After seeing the preview of next weeks episode with Jack all dressed up in a armored mask and black outfit shooting up the city--Whew!!! I can't wait to see what happens next.
    I am so bummed that it's almost over!

Bring on the Blowtorch to Logan!!!!

May 11, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  229. Matt

Totally agree with mikemazzla. I watch week in and week out with my two teenage sons (every season since Day 4. Plus Day 1 – 3 on DVD) and will miss our fun time together each Monday (and at times Sunday) at 9:00. The last show is on May 24 so it looks like we get a nice two hour finale.

May 11, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  230. Aaron

Agree that last night’s episode was a winner. I went from sitting at the edge of my seat, to jumping around in exhilaration when Jim (Michael Madsen) showed up to give Jack the backup he desperately needed at the mall.

Thank GOD that Chloe was able to see things for how they really were, and was able to get Arlo to provide support. Creating their own mobile hotspot was creative genius at its best.

The torture of the Russian was hard core, but I think that he got off easy. Then again, Jack realized that he wasn't getting anywhere, and how much time could be spent working this guy over. The look on his face when he heard Logan's name on the voicemail, and started to comprehend who was involved, was priceless. I hope Logan experiences more pain than Tokarev did in his final moments. However, what will happen to Jack after dealing with a former President in that kind of way?

I loved this episode, and patiently wait for the next. I hate to see the series end, but since it is, at least it is going out on a high note. In 3 weeks (after the last 3 hours play out) Monday nights will start to suck.

P.S. Before anyone brings up the stupid parole office in the vent, it has only been a few hours since he died, and will not have started to decompose and smell up the joint, so please don't mention it.

May 11, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  231. CurtisDark

Jack is on a controlled rampage. The four kills in the department store, pulling a plug oof flesh and use of a blow torch during an interrogation and gutting the Tokarev to retrieve the Sim card. Logan and Pillar are his next victims.
    Can somebody please identify the liquid that Jack splasned on Tokarev ? Looked like hot sauce !

May 11, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  232. kim

I love it when Jack gets out of control. The "surgery" scene was awesome!

May 11, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  233. Marc

OK, so I think Logan and staff need to swallow their SIM cards....

May 11, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  234. Bet

HOLY CRAP!!! What an episode! Watch out Pres. Logan, you're about to get Jacked-up big time! I will really miss this show. Good work, guys!!

May 11, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  235. Valerie

As always, the show delivered.. My first post ever to this column was last week but after last night I had to post again this week!

When Jack discovered the card was out of the phone, I said to myself he is going to Gut him to get the card.. My girlfriend called it a SIMDECTOMY! The shootout in the store was fantastic!

While Jack is on a roll... President Logan can be gutted too.. The nerve of him to ask to be acknowledged!!! The man has no limits. .but that's why I love to Hate Him!!!

I normally have to watch CSI Miami to calm down from 24 but last night my daughter asked me this question " Mom, how can you go back to watching CSI: Miami or Law & Order after watching 24??? after 24 those shows seem soooo boring!!!

Copy That!!!

May 11, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  236. SeeTU

I wonder if jack would think that the Russians are not behind it. . .I wonder if he would think that Logan is the one who orchestrated all of it. . . . then again I wonder if he will kill Logan? Or wonder if at the last second of the last episode we will see somebody shooting jack, fade's out, tic-tock, time is done season is over. . onto the movie???

May 11, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  237. samji

May 11, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  238. amm

I still have not recovered from last night's episode. Go Jack!

May 11, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  239. Val

I love this show.. Did i hear right that they are taking off the air.
    why do they take great shows like this off the air and keep on
    such stupid shows that make no sense

May 11, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  240. Dave Yaeck

It was AWESOME. I was so looking forward to when he found out that Logan was behind all this.

HOWEVER – I really curious as to see how they finish this? From what I understand the finality of it all will be revealed in the 24 Movie which will not go into production until next year.

How do you all think they will end it?

May 11, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  241. Chris

Will Jack torture Logan?? Next week can't get here fast enough

May 11, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  242. mikemazzla

When a Dad and his two teenage sons can watch a show together, Yell at the screen, scream together, and enjoy the pure adrenaline mayhem that is going on, its a winner. Sorry mom!

May 11, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  243. CIRM

Jack's cleaning house ! And it is looking like a clean sweep ! Mr. Bauer seems to be running his own death pool.....execution style on Dana, special surgery on Tokarev, and hopefully next week the ultimate Hurt Locker on Logan.....is this show great or what ???!!!

Looking forward to the LAST three hours.....thank you Kiefer & Team !

May 11, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  244. Rocel

Love, love, love last night's episode! And it answered last week's ultimate question – the witch is indeed dead!

May 11, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  245. artrain

As always, just fantastic!
    When Jack made the realization, we were all jumping around the room yelling, "He's gonna do it! He's gonna do it! "

May 11, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |