Commencement season is a time of reflection, looking to the future, and in some cases, trying to snag a pic of a star at the podium.
Every year various celebrities are tapped to speak at school graduations and this year is no different.
Around the country, the class of 2010 has been and will be seeing stars.
The list includes:
– California Governor and former movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
– “30 Rock” co-star Alec Baldwin at New York University in New York City.
– Academy Award winning-actress Meryl Streep at Barnard College in New York City.
– “America’s favorite dad” Bill Cosby at Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina.
– Radio and TV talk show host Glenn Beck at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.
– Bob Schieffer, who is moderator of “Face the Nation,” at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York.
– First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff in Pine Bluff, Arkansas and Anacostia High School in Washington, D.C.
– President Barack Obama at Hampton University in Hampton, Virginia, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Kalamazoo Central High School in Kalamazoo, Michigan, which won the Race to Commencement contest with the grand prize of having the president deliver their address.
I thought Courtney Love was slurring her way thru a speach at Drunken State!!!
I heard she was wanting to play a gig at the IFeltAThi frat house
Beck at Liberty University....ha ha ha! Giving another hate speech at a Graduating Klan convocation!
Michael Jackson...Bring'em Young, Class of 2001.
John Grisham UNC
She is the First Lady of our country. Further, she is an accomplished person with a Ivy League Degree, that I can guest you don't process. How ignorant of you to speak this way about your country's First Lady.
Who gives a fck about Michelle Obama? Seriously.
Quincy Jones spoke at Indiana University this year, and it was amazing.
Vice President, Joe Biden will be speaking at University of Pennsylvania, School of Social Policy & Practice on May 17.
Katie Couric at Case Western Reserve University
Courtney Love at Vassar.
Nancy Pelosi @ Cornell University
former President Bill Clinton, West Virginia
Danny Bonaduce at ITT Technical College, May 14th.
Justice Sonia Sotomayor , Journalist Robin Roberts, Actor Harper Hill and George Lucas at Howard University, Washington, DC
Bob Schieffer was also at The Citadel, The Military College of SC.
Wow...you pay tens of thousands of dollars for an education to hear some doofus actor give a commencement speech...
Michelle Obama ...The George Washington University, Washington D.C. May 16th
Michelle Obama is also speaking at the George Washington University commencement next Sunday.
-Daniel Gross, Senior Editor Newsweek at Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois
Positive role models, with positive uplifting messages for our young people. Best Wishes to all graduates
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,760 other followers