May 10th, 2010

Surprise winners on 'Amazing Race'

As much as fans (myself among them) seemed to be pulling for the cowboys, Jet and Cord, to win "The Amazing Race" on Sunday night, it was not to be. And they weren't beaten by the team who took first on the previous leg, Brent and Caite (of "U.S. Americans," "the Iraq" fame).

Like we've seen on so many previous seasons, it's the little things that count, and brothers Dan and Jordan made a couple of aggressive (some would say questionable) moves, which won them the $1 million prize.

I'm not sure exactly where it is that these two heard that placing a backpack in front of someone else's backpack means that you are allowed to cut in line, even when you arrived hours later. Nevertheless, Jet and Cord held their frustration in when they were placed in back of the line for a flight from Shanghai to San Francisco.

But the really cutthroat move came on the plane itself, when Dan and Jordan asked to be placed in first class, giving them a shot at the first cab out of the airport, a lead which the other two teams were never able to beat.

This final leg included one of the most difficult tasks I've ever seen on the show where one team member had to guide another through a virtual world at Industrial Light and Magic, then had to figure out that their partner needed to spin around so they could read a clue on their monitor. (I will give the computer animators props in their portrayals of Caite and Jet.)

Less difficult was the final task, which just required them to remember the order in which other teams were eliminated, something that anyone who had watched the show at all would know they should write down. Being such a big superfan, Jordan handled this task with ease.

Since there was no real conflict on the race once teams arrived in San Francisco (outside of that created by the editors), the most exciting moment came at the very end, where for the first time that I'm aware of, one team's bitterness over another came to a head. Brandy could not hold her tongue and got into a knock-down, drag-out argument with Caite at the finish line, while Carol hid her face in embarrassment.

Once again, I can't say I'm not disappointed that Jet and Cord, whose skill and attitude impressed me all throughout this race, came in second, but congratulations to Dan and Jordan all the same for running a flawless race in the final leg. What did you think? Share your thoughts on video, or in the comments below.

1. Harry Stone

Dan and Jordan should have incurred a penalty for cutting in line, otherwise it establishes that line cutting is fair and square among contestants and people will get hurt.

April 7, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. racer

I've been a loyal watcher of the Race, and I have to admit that I found the tactics used by the brothers on the last leg was very low. They obviously felt that they needed to cheat to win.

I was disgusted that the producers allowed the brothers to go forward without any penalty. The cowboys would have won hands down.

Hopefully karma will visit Dan and Jordan is a big way.

May 13, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pam

I wanted either the cops or the cowboys to win. They played smart games & did bicker like the brothers who whined the whole time. Really disappointing ending. I wish the cops had not helped the brothers in Shang-hai. That was a bad move. Then at least the two most deserving duo would have been in the final. I would rather the models have won than the brothers. And I found them annoying as they bickered terribly as well. Probably will skip AR next season.

May 11, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cindy

It's disappointing that the cowboys did not come in first place on TAR. I admire their integrity, respectfulness throughout the entire race not only to the other teams they were competing with, but that they were respectful of the cultures they were situated in. It was a new experience and they were embracing every second of it, and took in challenges well. Dan & Jordon were deceptive, rude, and disrespectful. They acknowledge nothing about the countries/cultures they were in, but only had money in mind. Frankly, I think they were putting on a show to gather attention and didn't even care about respecting people in a different country. Yes, its a game and you got to do what you can. But show some balls and respect. You are on national television.

May 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Heather

I have watched every season of The Amazing Race and even though contestants I might not have been pulling for have won in the past, they did it fair and square. Dan and Jordan cutting in line at the airport and then "sweet talking" their way into first class should have resulted in penalties as any other contestants have incurred for interferring with other teams.

Shame on the show!! I've always wanted to be a contestant, but do not want to be if favorites do not have to follow the rules as other contestants would.

May 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RraspO

They cheated, and am so upset I may not watch again. Where are the rules? The cowboys are the real winners!! In every way they played the game with real pride.

May 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. poooka

I like the show....but they did cheat...twice...the air seats and getting the tickets, by cutting in line, the cowboys are very glassey...

May 11, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. millie

Are they twins? I've known two sets of male twins. One brother was gay and the other straight in both sets. Isn't that interesting?

May 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris Winters

First, only one of the brothers was gay, so stop with the "gay brothers" comments. Second, you should all read the article in the Providence Journal. All teams were seated on the plane in consecutive rows in the back of the plane. The brothers spent a great deal of time talking to a flight attendant, while the other teams were sleeping, and the attendant offered to move them up to first class just before landing. That is not against the rules. The article further states the brothers won by 25 minutes, so there was obviously other factors that caused the cowboys to come in 2nd (like not figuring out spinning around as quickly to read one of the clues)? I liked the cowboys as well but, come on, the brothers won fair and square.

May 11, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. MC

I wasn't rooting for Dan and Jordan (all that "bro" this and "bro" that drove me nuts) but I don't think their cutting in line at the airport won them the race. They cleverly asked to be moved to first class during the flight and THAT'S what gave them the edge. That wasn't cheating, just wise gameplay. Got to give them credit for that move.

May 11, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. millie

Are they both gay?

May 11, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. Wendy

To Joshua – I never "assured" anyone that they cheated, I said that "in my opinion" Dan & Jordan cheated. I had been rooting for them & the cowboys equally through the whole season, but when push came to shove they exhibited very poor sportsmanship & they ditched their ethics in order to win. Once again, this is my opinion and I stick by it.

May 11, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. TM

Winning the hearts of millions is truely worth more than a million dollars! WTG Cowboys!!

May 11, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Susie

The winning team played it very smart, and they didn't cheat. Well, when their bags were placed where they were, it was very obvious to me that the cowboys should have spoken up, protested. But it's not the first time a team has cut into a line, or purchased tickets for others further down the line.

As for moving up to first class, someone here wrote that that's never happened in real life. I can't remember how many times I and/or my son and I were shifted up to first class, without even asking (and, yes, sometimes because we asked). The young men purchased economy class tickets, as per the rules. Any one of those remaining teams could have done the very same thing. It was not cheating.

Sure, the cowboys were truly likable, but this is a game, and the winning team usually ends up being the most savvy.

Brandy's behavior was abhorrent, and Caite and what's-his-name are still not the smarted folks in the world so, personally - perhaps for those reasons alone - I'm glad neither of those teams won.

Again, it's a GAME. No one was physically hurt by any other team member, and that's what matters. It's a game.

May 11, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. Susan

I have been a flight attendant for 20 years – we will often move passengers to first class towards the end of the flight if seats are available and there are time issues, specifically for very short connecting flights. It's purely a discretionary move, and a gesture meant to help the travelling public. Either TAR needs to accept that everyone will be working the F/A's for an upgrade now or new rules will have to be implemented.

May 10, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jan

It looked like the brothers were only upgraded to business as it is against most airline's policies to allow a double ... it looks like they were only in business class as there was a 3rd seat next to one of the brothers. I fly too much and I know there is a coach, business, and first class section...There is no way the flight attendents allowed them to go from coach to first class. I think this was a misleading statement. I really wanted the cowboys to win, and I think the brothers were sneaky the entire game. But it is a game....I think Brandy is awful...to tell Caite how the game was to be played is ridiculus and she made a fool of herself on national tv...

May 10, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. me

I guess its a loophole.. Cant wait till next season when everyone is yelling at the flight attendants for an upgrade...should be good TV.

May 10, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Chuck Winstead

Worst set of winners in Amazing Race history. Such a let down. I am sure we will see the "Cowboys" on a favorites season in the future. This season was very entertaining though.

May 10, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jessica

LOVE those cowboys!!! They are the true winners. I am very disappointed in the Amazing Race this season. Dan and Jordan are cheaters and should have been DISQUALIFIED from the race. I won't watch next season..we all got ripped off and there was also no twist!!! Hated Brent & Caite, they couldn't be any more spoiled or brainless! They are a horrible couple, seemed like they were brother and sister with all the immature bickering! You go Brandy! Caite acted like a 3rd grader the entire race! Amazing Race needs to cast better people to represent their show!

May 10, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tar fanatic

I am so disappointed in this let-down of a finale. First of all, this leg was flawed in the design that whoever got off the plane first was able to maintain the lead throughout. D & J started 6 hours behind and to allow them to catch up, grab the second tickets and then be able to take the first-class seats allowed them an unfair advantage. There should have been more difficult roadblocks that would have made it more challenging. This was a cake-walk of a final leg and the ridiculous virtual reality game where they were able to be blocked was completely unfair.

I am in complete agreement that the cowboys are the true winners. They remained gentlemanly and behaved with integrity right up to the end. The producers need to yank those winnings from the doofus brothers and hand them over to the best players, the cowboys. If this had been a real challenging leg, D & J could have never won.

Personally, I think it was a set-up anyway. San Francisco – gay boy's dream to win TAR – could it be anymore transparent than that?

I'm rooting for a recall on this one.

May 10, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. darlene d

I love watching the Amazing Race every season and was only disappointed once.... it was this season. I wanted the cowboys to win it all and I rooted for them from the beginning. Too bad...they were a class act!

May 10, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Venus

Amen, Sam Fisher. I do not expect a morality lesson from Reality TV. Yes, the cowboys were endearing, but when has there ever been a winner who everyone liked on reality TV? Simply because your favorite did not win is no reason to disparage the winning team for knowing the rules and how far they could go without being penalized. Lets face it, we do not watch Reality TV to get that warm, fuzzy feeling. We want to see conflict, we want someone to root for, and against. All I have to say is job well done to the winners. The end was a bit anticlimactic, but I enjoyed this season, and I'll be watching next season as well.

May 10, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mom

Jet and Cord – 1st class – always. Dan and Jordan, whatever, whichever one was which – i never knew. Brent and Caite, spoiled, but ran the race fairly and ended up third. Brandy – what an immature adult. I would like to think she looked back at that and was as embarrassed as most were for her. It was as if she would not have done the same thing to Brent and Caite if she had gotten there first. What a sad person. I do hope Carol has moved on.

May 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sam Fisher

Everyone is going on and on about the "cutting in line" at the airport. First off, this isn't 3rd graders whining about someone cutting in line, it's a race for a million dollars and the cowboys should have really spoken up and forced them to move if they felt it was so important. And in the end, their place in that line wasn't important. It hardly mattered who got on the plane first since there was room for all of them, it's who gets OFF of the plane first and gets a cab. The team that came in last was the first team ON the plane! They were first in the line for tickets that most of you are saying made the cowboys lose. They also got the seats that were closest to the front of the plane. The deciding factor was getting moved to first class, and since there isn't a rule against moving only against buying a first class ticket, the brothers were crafty and it paid off as we've seen so many times before on other seasons. For all the "cowboys were so pure" folks, one of them tried to screw up the brothers by talking real loud while the other was doing the animation challenge. That's the name of the game. And why the heck should the brother have gotten out of the way to let the cowboy have a chance? Good grief. How about the delay the cowboys had because they didn't catch that spinning around made the words slow down? The winner had only been doing it forever in front of him. Had they figured that out it would have been a race of minutes and who got the first fast cab. If the team you had wanted to win had figured out to ask to be moved up to first class or gotten a cab when the others didn't would you have been crying foul? This is a race for a million bucks not a morals lesson for 8 year olds, the people that can figure out the best (yes sometimes devious) way to get there first within the rules wins and that is what makes it so interesting and why I watch.

May 10, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Gersh

Here's a question: Why is there no reunion show? A forum where questions like, "Cowboys, why didn't you stand up for yourselves" or "Jordan/Dan, how did you really get into Business Class" could be asked... Where Caite and Brandy could make up (or continue fighting)... I like the Survivor reunion more than the show itself... I mean, if Project Runway can have a reunion show, shouldn't the seven-time Emmy winning reality series have a reunion show?

May 10, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. 7-Down

Cowboys should have won. I will protest by not drinking 7-up.

May 10, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jaycee

I think I could live with just about any ending as long as Caite & Brent didn't win. OMG! What obnoxious, spoiled people! That said, I am so sorry that our favorite cowboys didn't win the million dollars. They absolutely should have – what class, character and what nice guys! Dan & Jordan's win wasn't fair, and treating people badly is what won them the money. I'm sure they'll enjoy spending their money, but they should be ashamed. I'm really proud of Jet & Cord – it is comforting that so many people wish they had won.

May 10, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Glenn

I didn't read all the comments, so this might have already been covered. Moving to first class has happened at least once before. I don't remember the season, but the team bought coach seats and there were no coach seats to be had, so they were placed in first class by the airline. The backpack move was questionable, but talking their way into first was good game play. I too was routing for the cowboys.

May 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Karen

p.s. cheaters!

May 10, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Karen

that was the lamest ending ever. i usually get so happy at the finale, but those brothers should have been penalized for going into first class. booooooooo.

May 10, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Grace

UGH, I really wish Jet and Cord should have stepped up to the brothers. How dare him act as if he was running the show and made themselves second in line to get plane tickets. That little mistake has cost the cowboys their winning spot. For future amazing racers keep that in mind do NOT let this happen to you it may cost you the winners table!

May 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. cowboyfan

I find it interesting that the guy with "the dream" to win the Amazing Race wins it and not the team who actually played the best and with the most integrity.

I skipped several seasons of AR as I was quite disgusted with the inconsistencies that promoted certain teams above the others who ultimately ended up winning it. Makes me continue to question the integrity of CBS and the show itself. I would like to hear a clarification on the first class rules. Is it or is it not legal according to the race rules to jump classes?

I was horribly disappointed by the airing of Brandy's tirade. We watched this show as a family and the end of this season showed my kids that cheaters prosper and you don't need to act like a good loser.

I have no doubt that Jet and Cord's families are very proud of them for running such a clean, kind, respectful, and all out fun race, as are a large number of AR fans. Thanks for making this season watchable and enjoyable. Best wishes to you both!

May 10, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sam2008

simply put...the cowboys were the real winners...these two little gay crybabies will never get the glory that they think they deserve...worst finish of all the Races...yes i agree with most everyone about the first class issue...will be very interesting on future shows as now everyone will move to first class...i think that the race officials made a big mistake not catching this one! Jet and Cord.....enjoy your glory..you are the true winners! Ride e'm cowboys!

May 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Pete

I love how everyone gets all over the brothers for cutting in line (which, as it has been said, didn't matter because they were all on the same plane anyway), but no one seems to care about Cord's distracting Dan while he was trying to tell Jordan how to do the virtual reality game. I mean, clearly it shook Dan, but none of you seem to take offense to that.

May 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Your Mom

mrlgh: really?!?! then why bother reading the blog entry or even commenting? better question yet... why even bother owning a tv if you dont watch any tv shows?

May 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Toronto

Jet and Cord most definitely were the class act of the Amazing Race 16th season and perhaps many seasons prior to that as well. They were my choice to win it all but alas not meant to be. Great job Jet and Cord and Oklahomans should be proud of their hometown boys. They made their state and their families proud for sure!

May 10, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Russ

are you nuts?

Russell Hantz did not deserve to win. and he won't win in this one either.

he is manipulative

May 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. William

I, too, thought the Cowboys should have won. Very classy people. It was part of their polite and genuineness that, unfortunately, led to their demise. I liked when they got back at the brothers with him yelling wrong orders in the virtual room!

May 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. mrlgh

Proud to say I didn't waste even 1 minute of my life watching this or any other tv show this past season :)

May 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Gersh

(Sigh). I was also rooting for the Cowboys, but thought the brothers did a great job on the final leg of the race. Of course the cutting in line was questionable – but it's certainly not cheating... All the Cowboys had to do was speak up... The Cowboys let the brothers get away with it.

And as for the plane – I thought it was an ingenious move – assuming it was within the rules (which I believe it was). I don't know the rules inside and out, but we know they can't *BUY* a business/first ticket, nor use miles to *UPGRADE* their ticket, but there's nothing in the rules that says they can't ask a flight attendant once they're on board (is there??)

And I was screaming at the TV for the Cowboys to push the brothers out of the way during the VR challenge. I would have walked right through without a second thought.

Of course the Cowboys can hold their heads high. They ran a great race, and certainly could have won - but kudos to Dan and Jordan for finding a way to win.

May 10, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Tamar

I liked both teams but if I am not mistaken one of the rules states that you can not buy tickets in 1st class. However, I guess if you buy coach and manage to get moved to 1st class that is allowed. It is cheating because you're not in the same boat as all the rest. 1st class should be out (whether paying or not).

The bag placing was wrong though I don't think that was the make it or break it; it was the fact that they moved to 1st class, leaving the other two teams in coach and waiting in line. That should have been a time penalty.

May 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Joe Banana

First, Russell Hantz was gypped by a vindictive jury.

Next, the Cowboys get the shaft by dubious tactics.

Perhaps we are finally seeing the demise of "Reality TV."

IMHO, the quicker, the better!

May 10, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. just-saying

I would be privileged to know the cowboys as friends; they should have won the race because they avoided fighting when anyone else would have fought (i.e., the VR positioning).

The Amazing Race should pay the cowboys something for ignoring the cheating by the RI brothers.

May 10, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Meg

As far as I'm concerned CBS blew it. Allowing rules to be disregarded has turned all my fellow AR fans to give up the show.
    I have never seen players fly First Class . Dan and Jordan could not make a scene in a public airport. You all know were that would have gotten them. Arrested

May 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Brian

The final pit-stop–to recount the order in which other teams were eliminated–was so predictable and clearly favored the brothers. You gotta throw a curve-ball in there–such as the vegas chip-counting challenge in last season's finale–to level the playing field. A side note–I almost vomited every time I heard Jordan whine " come on BRO
    !"

May 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lulu

I'm sure I saw the teams flying United and that is the only
    airline I travel and do it numerous times a year between the Mainland and Hawaii and no matter how many seats in first class are available you are not allowed to move,moreso there is even an announcement
    at the start of the flight that if you move in ecomony to the seats with more leg room that are not occupied you wll be charged so I don't
    see how they were able to move cabins. Something doesn't add up!!!

I feel they cheated the cowboys out of a win but at least they came
    in second with class and their dignity still in check

May 10, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bob

I agree with Susan about the virtual game on the final leg why did the cowboys have to wait for Dan and Jordan to be out of the way. Why were they put on the same course. Caite wasn't. As far as the first class thing, that was just wrong. Dan and Jordan should have been penalized. If the Amazing Race doesn't make it right with the true winners The Cowboys I or should say we my wife and I will never waste our time watching the show again. After all it's obviously fixed.

May 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Alice Marie

I think it's time that big fans of AR say enough. It's disgusting that Show stood by and watch this cheating and this kind of behavior. I for one, will never turn in again. They blew it.

May 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JETANDCORDTAKETHEHIGHROAD

BIG FAT CHEATERS THE BROS CREEP.
    WINNERS!!!!!!!JET AND CORD, MAN U GUYS RULE SERIOUSLY
    CLASS ACTS GUY WAY TO BE

May 10, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Karen

The best team did not win last night. I sort of liked them too but was astonished when they cut in line the way they did and then tried to jusitfy it!!! Then they move to first class to get off the plane faster...something I thought was never allowed. I guess the show looked the other way this time. Very very disappointing...

May 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. jeanne

As much as I wanted Jett and Cord to win, and as much as I wanted the "winning" team to be given a penalty for the questionable actions on the last episode, I have to agree that the actions were only "shady" and not against the rules.

The unfortunate reality of the reality shows (Like TAR) is what we are displaying to our youngsters as "acceptable, rewarded behavior".

One day - some day - the "good guys" (like Jett and Cord) must win.

May 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. joshua

Gary, I couldn't agree with you more.

Plus...the cowboys were close to catching up to the Dan and Jordan with the virtual challenge. I cannot believe that the cowboys didn't instantly figure out how to solve the last riddle since Jordan was turning and turning in circles. Who wouldn't question WHY he was doing that?

May 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  53. greg

Agree with almost everyone. I was endeared more with the Cowboys than I have been with anyone, ever, on TAR. Their relationship is great to watch as well. I wish I could be that cool in the face of pressure. Can't stand Brandy. Mean bitter woman. Sometimes the nasty people just need to go. It happens on Survivor too. I was elated when Caite used the U-turn on them.

May 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Kevin M

Jett and Cord should have won !!

The problem CBS and the Amazing Race has is now bullying just like what happen at the airport line. If Jett & Cord had "removed" them from the line as I doubt would have been a problem I am sure they would have gotten thrown off the race. Hence I can see the future with one time hurting and at the end of the line butting in front of two or three others. What will the other teams be able to do ? Nothing or they will be thrown off the race.

Amazing Race you have a future problem !!

May 10, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Gary

Wow! What a bunch of whiners! How on earth do you think these two cheated? They simply played an angle and it worked for them. As for being seated in first class? Well, they didn't buy FC tickets, as the rules state, but I believe there is nothing in the rules stating that they cannot ask to be seated there! The smarter, more clever team won here, folks. Plain and simple.

May 10, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  56. kathleen

I would be honored to know two people as amazing as Jet and Cord.

May 10, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  57. suzie

I am so sad that the cowboys didn't win. They were doing so good. If the twins hadn't cheated than the cowboys might of won.

May 10, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. m

I absolutely loved Caite standing up for herself against Brandy at the end. "I guess I am handling it since I'm in the final three and you're not" HA! LOVE IT! Couldn't stand either team, but definitely felt that Brandy STILL holding a stupid grudge was ridiculous. There's no way they would have won anyway, so it's a moot point.

And I also really enjoyed watching the Cowboys and was hoping they would win. Oh well.

May 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Rob

I also felt like the finale was a huge let down. And I hope to never hear anyone call someone Bro ever again.

May 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  60. MW

I was really rooting for the cowboys! They were my favorites the whole season.

Brandy embarrassed herself and showed us, again, that she really is just a nasty person who obviously didn't deserve to win. Caite was never my favorite, but come on, it's all part of the race. Get over yourself Brandy!

May 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  61. joshua

To "ish". There are no game rules about cutting in line. If you've watched other seasons, there have been numerous instances where teams have cut in ticket lines, bought tickets for other players, etc. And honestly, this is a game for a million dollars. We shouldn't judge people on things like that. If that's the worst thing this team did to end up on the finish line, I call that a game well played. Same applies for asking to be moved to first class on the plane. This game is all about staying ahead and thinking ahead. There are no rules for this. Every season has shown us that teams become more and more creative. I remember the first time when a team paid a cab to drive somewhere as they followed on foot since they couldn't "take" a cab. Or teams that borrowed cell phones from stragers. The best teams have asked strangers to guide and lead them. Creativity is part of winning the game. I was not a fan of Dan and Jordan, but that dislike doesn't cloud my appreciation for their game play.

Where Wendy (above commentor) is assuring us that they "cheated" because no one else ever got to first class without paying, I say that they used their skill and talents to get something others have not. So quick to judge....

May 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. judy

My husband and I are Amazing Race devotees and have been from show one. the only thing we watch together!!!! This is the most questionable win since show #1 where much dirty dealings went down with the team that won. I think the whole country was rooting for the "cowboys" who ran a classy, smart upstandong race. the same cannot be said for those annoying whiney brothers. Yes they cheated and lied but some of their actions were very questionable (the first class seats a serious offense) and they should have been called and peanalized for those actions. I feel the integrity of the show has been seriously compromised by this season's actions by Dan and Jordan and the production staff's unwillingness to make things right. Thanks showing the world what a sore loser really looks like, Brandy!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Chrissa

Am I the only one that was screaming at the TV that the Cowboys should've pushed the Gay Bros out of the way in the VR challenge??? Seriously, that would've been the slap in the face I was expecting the Cowboys to give them.

May 10, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Shelie

I totally agree with everything Susan said on this comment page. I agree the cowboys were the best character of people ever on the show. Way to go. Your family should be proud of you.
    The lesbians, what awful people. If they do not break up, I would be suprised. The one looked ashamed of the other and she should have been. What an ugly disposition and awful character.
    The other girl was an airhead, I do not think she showed that she was smart at all, but so what. She is what she is. And the lesbians were mean.
    I really believe the winners should have incurred a penalty. Because the rules say coach, they should have to stay in coach. Now in the future, you are going to have teams trying to do this and it is not fair to the rest of the people on the plane. You either pay for first class or you don't and if the rules say you cannot, you cannot. They were not the betters players.
    I am sorry that the better team did not win, but that's how games go, I suppose. The cowboys played the game how I would hope I could, but I am not sure if I could handle myself with such grace. Way to go.

May 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Lucy

All cowboys are raised to be gentlemen so they were always well behaved even when other people weren't. They were the real winners ,but unfortunaly the bad guys got the money. I think I'll find something else to watch from now on. This has really left a bad feeling about the show with me. I have cable I can find a movie to watch on Sunday night. Everyone else should also and just let the ratings kill this show.

May 10, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. momof3

Love the cowboys – the true winners with integrity intact!!!

May 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Paula

Cowboys!

May 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  68. mddiva35

I feel like I wasted my time watching TAR this season. I was pulling for the cowboys. I think the brothers were out of line putting their backpacks down behind the two idiots. Too bad but the wrong team won. Too bad they don't do like Survivor and let the fans pick a fan favorite to win a prize. I'm sure the cowboys would have taken it.

May 10, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Cindy

If Dan and Jordan want to believe they won fairly, then they are the ones that have to live with that lie. At least, Jet and Cord played a game where they have nothing to be ashamed of. Of course I wanted them to win, but they did not cheat so they can be proud of themselves. It was definitely a disappointing ending !

May 10, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Derrick

Carol and Brandy ran the rest of the race as decoys. During the final legs Caite and Brent taunted Carol and Brandy and called them names (go rewatch leg 10 and 11 and you'll hear Caite and Brent make several derogatory remarks about Carol and Brandy). That is why Brandy was mad. Caite as always put on a fake smile and pretended to know nothing.

May 10, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jessica in Seattle

As long as the lesbians didn't win, I was happy. Brandy was just downright rude throughout this show. I wish Carol the best as even though the show has ended, she has to continue to know that woman.

May 10, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  72. Wendy

While Chris Winters may be right about buying coach tickets – I've never known anyone to be moved to 1st Class without having to pay for that upgrade (which is the same as buying a 1st class ticket to begin with) – so in my opinion Dan & Jordan cheated and should have been given a penalty.

May 10, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  73. Bob K

I was pulling for the Cowboy's to win also. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who was expecting Dan and Jordan to be penalized at the end of the race because of their move to First Class seats on the plane ride from China. I always thought that the rule was to buy and sit in Coach seats. Not knowing how far behind the Cowboys were in completing their final task they may still have come in second but I think Dan and Jordan should have been called out because of their move on the plane.

May 10, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  74. Derrick

Congrats Dan and Jordan! I rooted for you from the beginning.

Jet and Cord explicitly stated their frustration with Dan and Jordan squeezing into second at the ticket counter but they never said to them directly we arrived before you and were second in line which they should have done. It still wouldn't have mattered because Dan and Jordan convinced a flight attendant to move them up to first class while the other teams were sleeping.

May 10, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  75. Chris Winters

There was no cheating – teams are allowed to only BUY coach but there is no rule saying they can't move to business or 1st class if the attendants allow them. I agree they shouldn't have cut the line at the airport, but that really made no difference as they were all going to get on the plane anyway. The smart move was talking themselves into 1st class and Jordan writing down the eliminations, knowing this was going to be one of the tasks.

May 10, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  76. susan

I really wanted the cowboys to win because they behaved with class and grace throughout the race. They are the real winners because anyone who watched the race saw what fine people they are. They are the only team I can remember over the years who never were nasty to each other or anyone else- even for a moment. They are so much better than Dan and Jordan.I never minded Dan and Jordan terribly even though they were whiny quite often, but the fact that they blatantly cheated at the airport – and then tried to justify their bad conduct- turned me off them completely. They will always be remembered as chetaers and the cowboy will always be remembered as honorable and classy men. I thought the final leg was way too easy and unfortunately was set-up so that whoever left the airport first had a huge advantage. Also, you didn't mention that the virtual world was set-up so that Dan and Jordan were able to block the cowboys. That was very poor work on the part of the producers. Usually in a task where they are on the same path, there is a time limit so that other teams can take a turn. There should have been a time limit on Dan and Jordan so the cowboys could try to move forward. Can you imagine the whining if that had been the cowboys blocking Dan and Jordan? The better men, and the better team, did not win this Amazing Race. Cowboys- you are honorable men. Very disappointed in the outcome.
    As for Brandy, I don't like Caite, but OMG Brandy is awful. What a rude woman. Isn't she in her late 40s or 50s? She should know better.Yet, she can't applaud and then has to give her annoying speech. And, maybe I'm wrong but I think the idea that Caite was going to appologize was delusional. I couldn't stand that team while they were in the race and was glad to see them go. People can u-turn whomever they want; how ridiculous for her to argue that they weren't good enough to be u-turned.

May 10, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  77. Shelby

Wish the cowboys would have won. Seemed to all about how left the plane the earliest and since the two brothers managed to get up to first class they were the first out and got a good lead.

May 10, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  78. ann marie

The cowboys should have won, the brothers did cheat by sneaking in front of them. They ended up in first class and that should have given them a time penalty. They should have all had to stay in economy or all in first class. Its a disappointing ending.

May 10, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  79. beth

The cowboys are a class act. They are the real winners in my book.

May 10, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  80. ish

I think that dan and jordan should have been disqualified.........they were not second to arrive at the airport and they should have followed the rules of the game – i wish the cowboys had gotten someone from the show involved in the matter........and how is it that they could go sit in first class? they tell the contestants at the beginning of the race that they can't buy tickets for first class the very reason that they would be de planed first.

dan and jordan cheated – plain and simple. they should have been given a half hour penalty at the finish line.

The Cowboys really won TAR 16.

to make matters worse – cbs cheated their viewers by telling us there would be a "big twist" in the game that would dramatically affect one team.........but it never happened! no twist – no team affected........i guess the ratings must have been slipping and they wanted more viewers.

May 10, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |