May 10th, 2010

Faith Hill, Tim McGraw to spearhead benefit for flood recovery in Tennessee

testing captions
testing captions

(CNN) - Country music stars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill announced Monday they will spearhead a benefit concert for flood recovery at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, next month.

"On Tuesday, June 22nd, the Music City community will unite to assist victims of the floods that ravaged Nashville and Middle Tennessee earlier this month," McGraw and Hill said in a news release.

Tickets are to go on sale May 14 and are to be priced between $25 and $75. The concert is to include "numerous other artists," the release said.

"The damage that we've seen to people's homes and the effect that the flooding has had on their lives is unimaginable," the couple said in the joint statement. "But we've seen the spirit of our community first hand, as
volunteers, church groups and our local business leaders rally to help."

In addition to Hill and McGraw, the release said, confirmed performers include Jason Aldean, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Miley Cyrus, Amy Grant, Miranda Lambert, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, LeAnn Rimes, Michael W. Smith, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.

Confirmed "special guests" will include Jeff Fisher, head coach of the NFL's Tennessee Titans, and Barry Trotz, head coach of the NHL's Nashville Predators.

Twenty-three people have died from the recent storms and flooding in Tennessee, state emergency management officials have said. The federal government has declared 42 counties disaster areas and flooding has been blamed for more than $1.5 billion in property damage in the Nashville area.

As of Sunday, 17,000 people had requested assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

More than $4 million in federal assistance already has been approved for individuals, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Saturday during a visit to the region.

Post by:
Filed under: "Find The Good" • Faith Hill • Music • Tim McGraw

1. Calandra Berenson

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright transparent concept

February 14, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anti-Aging :

i love Taylor Swift and her Tim McGraw album. it is full of very beautiful songs..'

October 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Outdoor Rugs

Tim McGraw is one of the best albums of Taylor Swift, love yah taylor-`-

October 14, 2010 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Luis Howard

Tim McCraw is the best album of Taylor Swift"*"

September 29, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Caleb Green

i love the Tim McGraw album of Taylor Swift, nice songs, nice album-",

August 2, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sophie Wilson

I love Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw album, Taylor has great song and she is pretty too.`:`

July 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mr. Speed

Shane,

I mean no disrespect at all here...

We have people here that need help and will continue to need help for weeks.

My problem is not just with Cnn.com but with coverage everywhere...

Loss of life is tragic and I agree with you on that.

Last Saturday I made a promise to some families that I would continue to get the word out about those kind folks needing help and thats what I am doing.

To the rest of you..

Please, if you aren't volunteering... Please make donations to the second harvest food bank, the red cross, or hands on Nashville.
    Right now, the biggest NEED is cleaning supplies.

May 13, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Shane

Mr.Speed,
    Everybody in the country knows about Nashville and Tennesse. I live in Florida and everyday for a week while it was going on I heard about on both my local evening news AND the national news( including CNN). I have friends in Nash-Vegas that were effected by the flooding also. I also have kin that live in Oklahoma-area that have been effected by the Tornados. Lose of human life is tragic anywhere. It shouldn't matter to you at all who covers what. It's sad that you are mad about CNN's internet coverage.I can attest to you that the flooding was covered 100% by CNN.(and every other internet spot). Instead of being mad about something stupid, why don't you ask how this can be avoided in the future.( Not the first time this has happened in this part of Tennessee.)

May 13, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. RLS

Amazing how negative comments can be.
    Thank you Tim and Faith for your generosity and support of folks in need.

May 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jamie

How do you get tickets? Through what vendor?

May 12, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mattie

Tim McGaw and Faith Hill gave one of the best concert I have ever been to.

I think it is wonderful!

They know they will draw the people in to help Tennessee. Buying a ticket will give pleasure to the concert goer and help the victims.

May 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Southern girl

I am appalled at the comments about Faith Hill and Tim McGraw! How do you know they are NOT opening their home to displaced victims of the flood? Does it matter who does a fund raiser for these poor, homeless victims as long as they get the care and help they so desperatly need? I am not a country music fan, per se, but I am proud that they are using their talents to help others. What is wrong with you people? Since when is a kind act so criticized–no matter WHO does it?

May 12, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mr. Speed

You know Millie,

I'm not one to TYPICALLY get upset about the crap that CNN puts on their site and probably shouldn't this time...

But by GOD I am!!!

I was in the hardest hit area of Nashville this past weekend and got to see the devestation 1st hand. 21 people have lost their lives here in my great state of Tennessee and we got a blurb here and there over 2 days almost a week AFTER the flood.

Flooding is such an UNCOMMON thing here in the volunteer state yet tornadoes happen in Oklahoma all the time... Yet CNN wants to know if "you are there???" Send your pictures of the destruction to cnn!!!

I'm sorry that 5 people died. I'm sorry that ONE family was stuck in their tornado shelter after the garage was torn apart and leveled.
    But By GOD, 21 people died here in Middle Tennessee and thousands lost their homes!!!

I am mad as hell at the coverage this situation has gotten yet I am thankful for folks like Tim and Faith. Not to forget what Vince Gill and wsmv did by raising 1.7 MILLION DOLLARS in 4 hours.

Nashville is an awesome town and deserves to have the word be spread that they do need help...

These folks that say we take care of our own... Sure, we do. But this time we need volunteers and donations. The folks I helped in Bellevue are in need of cleaning supplies in a bad way. So please, if you can... Donate. Thank you for reading my rant and thank you for helping those in need.

May 11, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. millie

Mr. Speed- you sound angry. What is it , honeychild?

May 11, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mr. Speed

Ummmmmmmm....

Did anyone hear about tornadoes in Oklahoma yesterday???
    Tornadoes hit Oklahoma??? who'da thunk that!?!?
    5 dead = Cnn all over it.
    21 dead from floods and Cnn is asking where the hell is Tennessee???

May 11, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  16. jollyjill

It should not matter who's doing the benefit only that someone helps these people. I am not necessary a country rock fan, yet can enjoy for one night for a great cause. I will certainly be there. If the ones making the snide remarks, get off their duff and find another way to help. You may need some help from some disaster.

May 11, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  17. Amy

Thank you Tim and Faith for leading to help. Positive energy spent to help others is beneficial to Middle TN. This is called "passing it on" or "pay it forward". It would be natural for this couple to have compassion for their hometown and past hometowns.

May 11, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. millie

I'm not huge fans – but it is nice to see people in the private sector trying to do something instead of letting the government bail them out.That is the true American way.

May 11, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  19. Eric

Wow, I am so shocked by the negitive comments that are being made. This is a terrible terrible natural disaster and all though it may seem like Tim and Faith are "media hogs" (which I disagree with), I have no arguement with famous singers, athletes and so forth using their status to help those in need. Good for them! Thank you to all those who will participate in the event! God Bless those effected and my you find peace.

May 11, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. Kay

I disagree that they are "media hogs" because of their involvement with Katrina. Tim McGraw is from Louisiana and Faith Hill is from Mississippi–they were lending their celebrity to support their devestated home states! They and their peers and friends live and work in Middle Tennessee, so of course they will lend their celebrity and support for our tragedy as well. Stop being negative and assigning ulterior motives where it is truly doubtful that any exist!

May 10, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Delores Davis

It is a wonderful thing they are doing to organize this to help peole. They have the name to bring in big artists which will help raise big money that will all to to help victims of the flood. They are wonderful people and don't get enough credit for their charity work.

May 10, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tim thomas

We don't need CNN's support, Nashville takes care of it's own!!

May 10, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. wv

I think it is a good thing they are doing. I just hope some of the money goes to the poor people that lost everything and not just to the musicians that are already millionaires.

May 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. KJ

I live in Nashville and can't believe that anybody would have negative comments about this! It is wonderful that these celebrities (among others) have stepped up to help raise money for the flood victims. Many of them have also already made very large personal donations to flood relief funds.

And for the record, the federal government's response to this disaster has been much more rapid than previous FEMA responses. Obama does not deserve any criticism for how things have been handled at this point. Our local government has been very thankful for the attention this area has been given already by the federal government.

May 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. lauratj

Can't we all just get along ???? wow, I am so surprised at how many people are against this couple–let them be helpful. Move on

May 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rick

It's about time someone did something for disaster victims in this country. They fall all over themselves to raise money for and help all the foreign places such as Haiti but when it comes to our own nobody lifts a finger.

May 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. christian

don't go with the girl she is a man hor she goes out with every one. and the man is gay

May 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Hi

fgj

May 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ladygaga@yahoo.com

i love you girl.

May 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. yatlay

hi i love you im your fan you rock!

May 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. christian

ewwww the man should go out with lady gaga. the woman shoul;d go out with a lesbian

May 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Stephany

Your a busted couple!

May 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. christian

ewwwwww you guys are not a good couple

May 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Joanian

eww you look like the 2 version of brittany spears eww and your boy looks like michael jackson eww

May 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  35. cynthia bennett

These two never stop being media hogs! First it was Katrina now it's Nashville. They are publicity hounds, aren't they? Hey Tim and Faith – you wanta help? Take some displaced Nashville citizens into your own home and help them. And stop with the charitable works !
    It's disgusting!

May 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Brenda

I always see fundraisers going on for one thing or another, but I want to know if the money actually goes to help the ones that really need it? Who is walking around and handing out checks to those poor folks that has lost everything?

May 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. greymare

I'm glad someone is doing something to help Tennessee !! Of course no one is tearing Obama apart like they did when Bush dropped the ball after Katrina !

May 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  38. John

Where is Obama? How come there have been no fundraisers, you know, like the ones that we had for Katrina and Haiti? Oh waitasec, I just answered my own question.

May 10, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |