May 10th, 2010

Bethenny Frankel welcomes a baby girl

Someone crack open a Skinny Girl beverage and raise a glass in congratulations to Bethenny Frankel: The 39-year-old reality TV star gave birth to a baby girl at 8 a.m. Saturday morning in New York City, according to People.

Frankel and her husband, Jason Hoppy, named their daughter Bryn.  "She is a 4 lb. 12 oz., healthy baby,” Frankel’s rep said in a statement to the magazine. "Bryn, mom, dad and [their dog] Cookie are all very happy."

A few hours after giving birth, Frankel concurred that sentiment on Twitter.

“I can't express how happy I am & how beautiful, supportive & thoughtful u all are,” she tweeted. “Bryn is a tiny beautiful peanut.”

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. tess

if i hadn't watched bethanny snark about everyone around her, i'd be a little happier. as it stands, this little girl is going to grow up with a woman i wouldn't trust a hamster with. some people use their quick tongue to reveal a kind humor, and others use their quick tongue to cut everyone down. poor bryn.

May 28, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Summer

I'm happy for her. She deserves some happiness in her life. Haven't some of you people heard the saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything".

May 14, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. Candy Bridgman

Bethany,Jason, and Cooky
    Drop the "wives" commotion and love ever moment with baby Bryn.
    You will be GREAT parents. Congrats...and yes you have a healthy "little peanut."

May 12, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. stark

Stay off TV Bassett Hound!!!

May 12, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. stark

Floooooosy

May 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Alexia

I can't stand Bethenny Frankel...she is what is wrong with America today. Her husband, Jason, is a real callous jerk (he's only a social climber), I used to know him some time ago. I can't imagine this self-centered, neurotic, narcissistic woman as a mother. I agree wholeheartedly with Jeff's comments. I feel bad for this baby with those two as parents...it's such a shame that God allows these types of people to breed...life is truly unfair!

May 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kris

Congrats on the baby I know you'll be great parents.

May 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

Ramona is a realist? Really? Kelly is a good mom? How do you know? Ramona is a rude, obnoxious woman and a rotten person. Her husband is just as bad. Who else would marry her. Her own daughter can't stand her. Ramona put her daughter in a NYC taxi by herself so she could go to a party. She's an alcoholic. The fact that you like her is very scary! Fact is all of these women are appalling.

May 11, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff

People are complaining about this because the ENTERTAINMENT section used to be about people who were real ENTERTAINERS. This is a contrived farce where the "contestants" vie for valuable deals of their useless goods to people who have no lives based on the allure of all of the free advertising the show has to offer. This woman is as bad as the rest of them. She's just better at spinning situations to her benefit. She is rude, crude and annoying. Of course you should offer best wishes for any baby. The problem is this society is glorifying attention seekers and opportunists which is very sad.

May 11, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. pjl

I agree 100% with JC Key but the sad thing is, we both clicked on the link......

May 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Stacy

Congratulations to Bethenny and Jason on their new baby!! I am so happy that Bethenny and baby are doing well. I do agree Bethenny is the nicest and most down to earth person besides Alex of course but even she is somewhat odd on Housewives of NYC. Jill and the Countess are evil evil mean ladies. The countess definitely needs to stop being the biggest hyprocrite on the show by fighting Jill's battles. Though Jill needs to realize that she was the one at fault, and needs to apologize sincerely to Bethenny for all her wrong doings. Bethenny is innocent and an amazing woman. I would love if Jill and the counteess would exit the show and be replaced with real housewives. Ramona is sweet actually, but way too much obvious plastic surgery, but love the new hair!!! Ramona is always saying the wrong things, she is a realist and doesn't beat around the bush, love her for that!! Kelly well she is just gorgeous and a good mom, love her!!

May 11, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. vpompe

Who?

May 11, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bianca

Big deal! Who the heck is she and why is it newsworthy?

May 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Hazleton girl

I grew up in the same area as Jason. Great guy with great parents, and glad Bethenny found him. Maybe they'll bring the baby back to his hometown and we'll catch a glimse. I hope Bethenny takes Alex and Ramona to her new show and i won't have to watch those other witches. I wouldn't miss them one bit! Congrats Bethenny and Jason, you will be one happy family!

May 11, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jaylee

She's a high paid chef? Give me a break. She's a wannabe, reality TV narcissist.

May 11, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Patty

Bethenny – I would like to express my joy for your new arrival, Bryn. Congrats. Love the name. You got where you are today with hard work and preservation. Nothing has been easy for you and nothing handed to you. This is your strength. Keep up the good work. You and Jason are great parents. Keep Alex in your court as she is the only true friend to you. She also is a hard working mom and takes pride in her accomplishments just like you. As for the other trio of Jill/Countless/Kelly I wouldn't even give them the time of day. They all three are self-absorbed and mean and never have a kind word to say about anyone. You and Jason should enjoy this joyful time and only surround yourselves with positive energy. Enjoy your family as in the end that is really what sustains us. You are quite the beauty.

May 11, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  17. stark

Same difference boy vs girl here...

May 11, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mimi 27

Well Jill said she had a boy..... lol

May 11, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  19. GAPeach

I clicked on because I honestly didn't know who she was and I was curious. My son weighed 4lbs 10 oz and he is perfect so hope her child is the same! Health is everything!

May 11, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  20. stark

Have a snack and layoff the booze sister

May 11, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  21. myword

To all the Jill-ealots and haters, it's so sad that you can't find it in your cold, cold hearts to be happy for any mother (Bethenny or another) bringing a child into the world alive. Your pain must be great! But
    try not to hate, it only will come back to you.

May 11, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  22. Simply

try not to hate, it only will come back to you.

May 11, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. TinyBaby

I was a 3 lb baby and my mother did not drink or smoke. Small babies can be healthy, so please do not be so quick to judge.

May 11, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  24. JustAmazed

bjk – just saying.... because I recently did the whole college tour, college orientation, college move in stuff. A 57 yr old, will be pooped, if she even bothers to go. I didn't have my children particularly young, but def young enough to be able to do all of this and absolutely enjoy grandchildren when they come along. She won't even be alive probably.

May 11, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  25. bjk

If think you know everyone in the world except Bethany or if you really don't care, STAY AWAY. Why do posts have to come from boring, know-it-alls who think they have to be aware of everyone/everything? If you don't know who Bethany is, why did you read about her in the first place? GET A LIFE!

Congrats to the new family!

"JustAmazed" – And 57 is so-o-o-o old! How many children are born to parents much younger who don't know how to raise their children? Many more than those 39!!

May 11, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  26. stark

Sick Morals

May 11, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  27. stark

Bassett Hound Syndrome

May 11, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  28. cynn ickle

This is not news.

May 11, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  29. Lucy

Congratulations Bethany I want you to know that your my favorite housewife and I love the show. Like any other normal person I think Jill sucks. She acted like an ass when you tried talking to her. Now for you idiots that don't watch the show and are saying who cares, well duh crap you don't care because you don't know anything about the show. Go find something else to do, go get your own life. I enjoying watching reality tv its my choice, its called free will idiots.

May 11, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  30. Klaatu

4 lbs 12 oz !!!???? what is that about...and there is nothing HEALTHY about a "full term" baby that weighs 4 lbs 12 0z...whats us?

May 11, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. Barbara

Congrats to both parents. Bethenny looked so happy when she was pregnant. And to all you idiots who go on and on about how these women treat each other on "The Real Housewives of NYC," it's a show for pete sake! These women are all friends!!! Though I wish the producers would create a different "tone" for the show because I feel that all the (fake) back stabbing and "snarking" is very distasteful and is not the kind of behavior we should be encouraging among women.

May 11, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  32. JustAmazed

I really feel sorry for these children. Their parents are choosing to wait until they are mid life to have a family. This poor girl... when she graduates from HS her Mom will be at least 57. Imagine her on college tours. Just tack on the yers from there.... so pitiful. So self centered.

May 11, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  33. weetsass

Congrats Bethany & Jason, focus on your family because in the beginning, middle and end that is the most important part of your life. Stay away from the negativity and backstabbing with women on Housewives of New York....it's sooo useless. There's nothing wrong with taking the high road! Can't wait to see your new little bundle of joy on the show, I know you will be a great mom.

May 11, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  34. Tee

To all those who commented "who cares?" and the like..... ummm duh its the entertainment section.... If you want politics and such, go to that section. Obviously you took the time to read and post about something you don't care about....... so maybe you should be taking you own advice..... Get a life....

May 11, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  35. Monica, NJ

For those of you who say a 4 lb. 12 oz baby isn't healthy...you are wrong. My baby weighed in at 5.1 and when I took him home he weighed 4.11 and he was perfectly healthy he just came 2 weeks early and I certainly didn't diet during my pregnancy. I gained 22 lbs. Stop judging when you don't know the whole story!

May 11, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  36. Tammy

Congrats!!! This little Peanut will bring you much joy. Just keep her away from that crazy nut job, I forget her name because she is so forgettable, the one who did the playboy issue and thinks shes hot but really is a man underneath the mounds of makeup.

You rock Bethany and you and Alex are my Favorite. Luann is a trouble maker and Kelly is just not of this earth and Jill, looking for whatever it is shes looking for!

May 11, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  37. jake

STORIES ABOUT THIS IDIOT IS WHY AMERICA IS A FAILING NATION

May 11, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  38. stark

Who cares about this Bassett Hound??????

May 11, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  39. Sasha Finlay

126 comments? 126 people with nothing better to do with their lives but comment on some nobody?

May 11, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  40. Leeann

Congrat's Bethenny....you are my favorite housewife. Can't wait until you get your own show. Wish you much happiness.

May 10, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. dar

Congrats Bethenny and daddy.
    Ramona, Jill, Alex, and Countess: you can all take a high dive.
    You act like 2 year olds. Start acting your age. Your kids show
    you all up by lightyears. By the way, your 15 minutes are ticking
    away!!!

May 10, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. DianD

Wow! Just before mother's day, how special for her! 4 lb 12 oz. ? Not too small for a mommy who is right around 20 Lb. herself... yikes!

May 10, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. LST

Good for you Bethenny. You deserve it. I wish the best for you, Jason, and baby Bryn. Next time I'm in New York lets have a drink.

May 10, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Terry Workinger

Who cares. Besides , there is NO SUCH THING as a reality TV star. Reality tv is like throw away cars, .

May 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. me

Ya'll need to get a life!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. su

Congrats, Bethenny and Jason! I love the name..... and I hope she and both of you have happy, healthy long lives.

May 10, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  47. PL White

Congrats to Jason! I'm glad you finally flipped her over!

May 10, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ChiGirl

Congrats to the happy family! They may have made the choice to live in the public eye, but by no means do they deserve the snippy comments. I don't think there are many of us out there who could handle the pressure. Congrats again! Live and love long!

May 10, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ugh

Skinny Girl? More like Skinny Baby.

May 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ThrashG

I clicked on this story to find out who Bethenny Frankel is. I still don't know.

May 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  51. rdavis

Bethenny who?

May 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Joan

You will be a great mother with lots of love be careful of the nursery nazies they will let a baby starve before giving them a bottle that millions of us have use .. just relaxe...if she is hungry feed her!!!

May 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  53. hushupp

No clue as to who this person is. CNN, at least, if you are going to put inane stories on the page, make a small attempt to identify the person.

My neighbor had her baby, too. She deserves as much press, as you give to unknown people !!

May 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Danielle

Maybe this will mellow Bethenny out – she's SERIOUSLY frantic on that show. Someone who fights with absolutely everyone then cries foul when she has no friends is suffering some kind of personality disorder.

May 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jon Cubano

will the baby be taking the name Colodne or Frankel??????

May 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. aslkhnnclkn

It is probably such a tiny baby because "stars" like to schedule early c-sections, as most of the stretch marks and such come in the last 6 or so weeks of pregnancy. SO sad that there are Drs. who will compromise a life so a sleazy, old "non-star" doesn't have a stretch mark. Hope the baby is ok, she is at risk for many complications.

May 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Melissa

Bless you All: I have been a fan of you since day 1 on TRHofNYC and I am truly happy for you and Jason. You are a beautiful person and I am sure that many good things will come your way and your baby girl "BRYN". Enjoy all the blessings that are headed your way and may all of you have a healthy, prosperous, "drama" free life.

May 10, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mike S.

Congrats to the parents! I'm happy for them. I hope the baby grows up healthy and happy and most of all loved. Which I'm sure she will be.

May 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  59. JON

I truly dont get these comments people leave about who cares and why is this news if it doesnt interest you why are you reading it let alone leaving a comment.

Do us all a favor and keep your lame and stupid comments to your self

May 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Erin

All 3 of my children were under 5 pounds, all are extremely healthy, and happy growing children. All of them were full term. You should not judge or say mean things, you have no clue what is going on with her body, or her baby. And honestly its none of our business. Yes she puts herself in the spotlight, and but we as people are way too nosy, and "up" in everyone's business. Please just leave her alone and let her enjoy her new beautiful baby! Congrats! I bet she is beyond beautiful. Enjoy every second, they truly grown up way too fast. Love the name!

May 10, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  61. paul

WHO GIVES TWO PIECES OF POO ABOUT THIS STORY.

Enough already on this silly, loud-mouthed PSUEDO-celebr-tard.

May 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  62. joe

WHO THE HELL IS SHE AND I WOULD BE NO MORE INTERESTED IF SHE BIRTH TO A 3 HEADED MOKEY WEARING PLAID PANTS.

May 10, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  63. slap happy joe

FINALLy popped one out eh!

May 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Dusty Bottoms

Betheeny who???????????????????????

May 10, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. ACE

Congrats Bethany! Ramonas husband was kind when he called LuAnne countless he could of played with that word in many variations

May 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jersey Dude

Wake me up when there's a real news story out there....like when "real" moms and dads struggle every day to provide food, clothing, and shelter for their kids....all while working sometimes 2 or more jobs, or in many cases not working at all.
    Why do we celebrate the likes of these nitwits who are so desperate for attention that we lose sight of what is truly important in our lives.
    By the way, is it just me or does this chick look like "The Joker" on Batman?.....just sayin'.

May 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. PNY

I'm so happy for you, Bethenny! You are so talented and deserving of tons of success and happiness. And, your diet is the ONLY one that I've tried and that has worked. Thank you for that and for making me laugh on the show each week. Congratulations!

May 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Matt

Skinny biach needs to eat! 4lb baby...eat biach eat!!! Starving your baby so you can fit in a bikini, shame on you!

May 10, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  69. MAC

May 10th, 2010 10:37 am ET

Since when is less than 5 lbs "healthy?" Yikes

--------------------------
    Because the baby was born a month early. The doctor can determine how healthy the baby is. Boys do not do very well premature. Girls develop better as premie's than boys. Ask any RN or Doctor. You probably don't know any, thus your ignorant comment.

May 10, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Nice

I think it's funny that so many people "don't care," yet take the time to write a comment that they don't care. Don't read the story, don't waste your time, and move on!! This is under ENTERTAINMENT news, obviously if you are reading in this selection it IS about what stars are doing... Don't like it, read somewhere else!

May 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Tina Louise

Bethenny Frankel who?

May 10, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  72. TRHWatcher

It's always good to be a Mom, but as an individual, Bethenny is a self-oriented, broken person and her bird-with-a-broken-wing act is really annoying. Jill had every right to feel hurt by Bethenny's constant selfishness. And Kelly is a COLUMBIA GRAD people. That's an Ivy League education. So whatever her TV persona is, one thing she is not is "brainless".

May 10, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Michelle

Congratulations, Bethenny!!! Your baby is so blessed to have you and Jason (who is adorable and real) as her parents! We love you here in Texas!

May 10, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Vicki

my granddaughter was 3 weeks early and weighed 4 lbs. 11 ozs. she was healthy but small because her mother had toxemia. she was and still is healthy!

May 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Shawakaknocka

I was in the ladies room with this troll once, and she "blew" the place up with no shame– no courtesy flush or lit match. She's a lucky girl who gets to conceal her true trashy side.

May 10, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  76. CFSMVSLS

If you don't care or don't want to know who this is, then why did you click on the story link under ENTERTAINMENT??? DUH..

stop being haters...a birth is a beautiful thing and if they say the baby is healthy...just be happy.

Congrats to Bethanny...who became a mother just in time for Mother's Day!!

May 10, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Mannequin

Bryn Hoppy sounds like a rare breed of rabbit....Who knows?

May 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Mannequin

From the creator of Skinny Girl Margueritas...what would one expect?
    Under five pounds and she stays in the hospital until she reaches an acceptable weight...Eat, Bethenny...Eat!

May 10, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Benjamin D'Over

Hi everybody! I'm bored at work. That is why I am posting here. Another productive member of Obama's America, I know! When can I get my unemployment check and mortgage paid off???

May 10, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. NJHVasquez

I wish all you HATERZ would stop with the negativity and all of you other people commenting on how this isn't news. Are you guys dumb, this is the ENTERTAINMENT section of CNN, JEEZ! So much toxicity...

Bethenny Frankel, I wish you, your little angel, hubby and doggy all the best in the world!!

May 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  81. MKEmom

Congratulations Bethenny & Jason! I baby is a blessing and I hope you enjoy every minute with her. Just please don't let Jill, Ramona, Kelly, or LuAnne near Brynn.

Jill will yell at her for taking any spotlight away from her.
    Ramona will freak her out with those freakishly over-surgeried eyes of hers.
    Kelly's intelligence-starved brain cells will jump ship and land on her.
    LuAnne will tell her that she's crying in a classless way and not conforming to infant etiquette.

May 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  82. SLong

The baby came a month before her due date, so 4lbs 12oz is really good. Get your facts before you pass judgement.

May 10, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  83. michellelovesmoney

Seriously this is what you have to report. Stop glorifying these nobody's.

May 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. hollander

39?? She looks awful..wait till 49 ugg! More Botox please! She is a nothing psuedo-chef that couldn't cook an egg. CNN is obviously run by idiots.

May 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  85. thumpr1019

Everyone is complaining about this story, e.g.," Already Twittering Bethany is about her baby – talk about a person who always wants to be in the spotlight/news". Maybe it wouldn't be in the news if people didn't take the time to read the article and write comments about it.

I read the article just to find out who she is, and now that I know, I don't think I'll be reading any more articles about her.

May 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  86. don't ask

You guys are crazy (LOL)

May 10, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  87. BMad

I clicked on this story to find out who Bethenny Frankel is, and after reading the story, still have no idea who Bethenny Frankel is. Thanks CNN

May 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Sue

I had a preemie who came 3 weeks early, she was 4 lbs. 9 ozs., I did not drink, ate healthy, but also had alot of stress in my life at the time,which may have brought the delivery on. She was released from the hospital 5 days after she was born, weighing 4 lbs. 5 oz. It is ridiculous that you are saying these hurtful things about a poor defenseless baby.

May 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. didi

I think we all know its NOT a Slow news week!

Why in the world is this story news worthy on CNN – I used to watch CNN but if this is what is news worthy I will go elsewhere

Oh – I agree since when is a 5 lb baby healthy? Now lets have the real truth

May 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Debi

Congratulations, Bethenny! I'm sure Bryn is a beauty, and don't pay any attention to any negativity. It's just not worth it. There is so much goodness in life, and you just got handed an armful of life's best blessings....God bless you all!

May 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  91. TJDStacye

Congratulations to Bethenny and Jason! I watch the show and Bethenny and Alex are the only sane women on there! I can't decide which one is worse the Countess or Jill Zarin, they are both two of the worst people I've ever seen. The whole world should revolve around them and they act like they can treat others anyway they want to and the rest are just supposed to take it! The whole episode with Bethenny's father was too much, Bethenny told who she wanted to know which was Ramona and Alex and it wasn't their place to tell YOU Jill, if Bethenny wanted you to know she would have told you, she didn't so get over it, the world doesn't revolve around you. It's almost like now that Bethenny has gotten her life together with her Skinny Girl line, great guy and now a baby it's taken the limelight off you and you can't stand it so now your trying to figure out how to get your foot back in the "limelight". Has nothing to do with your wanting to be Bethenny's friend. Alex was right with everything she said and if Bethenny is smart she'll stick with Alex as a true friend and leave you Miss Jill at the curb, I'm sure it won't take you long to find someone else's coat tails to ride. Bethenny, Alex and Romona you three rock, the rest are so fake and superficial it's not even funny, they are an embarrassment to the rest of you and none of them come close to having an ounce of the class that you three do. Again CONGRATS Bethenny and Jason!

May 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. njm

I meant "WHO" is she?

May 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  93. njm

how is she?

May 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. PAUL

WHO REALLY CARES, AND WHY IS CNN REPORTING THIS, WHO IS SHE? THE TELEVISION WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS GONE, SAY GOODBYE TO HOLLYWOOD......

May 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Margaret

Mazel!

May 10, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Cathy

Congrats Bethenny and Jason! Your lives are forever changed-for the better! I'm a recent fan of "Housewives" - and Bethenny – I'm thinkin' that you're better off with your new relationship with Alex and would be well advised to keep the other "mean girls" at arm's length. No doubt it hurts losing someone you thought was a close friend–but she has shown her true colors and it would seem you're better off without her. All the best to you and your family as you welcome Bryn into your lives.

May 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lou

Congrats to your and your family. A child is a gift and a blessing always, however 4lbs 2oz is a tiny bit small. I thiought that any baby under 5lbs isn't released from the hospital...However she'll gain it in heartbeat! I am the mom of 4, so sleep now at the hospital before she gets home. GOD BLESS

May 10, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Shaykaye

Hmmmm... If you don't care...don't read the article...dont comment...Haters just really hate themselves...Congrats Bethenny and Jason!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Lynn

Who are you to say a 4lb 12 oz baby is not a healthy weight. My son weighed 4lb and 8 oz and he stands 6'4 now. If you're not a medical doctor specializing in obstetrics, then you may not know what is healthy or not.

May 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Bella

39?? Give me a break...add 10 years and maybe we're in the real ballpark.

May 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  101. okie

these comments blatantly are a defamation of character, which is in violation of the CNN "terms of Service. This is crazy. I would do something if I was Bethany. These open comment sections are totally innapropriate

May 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Phyl

Cograts Bethanny & Jason!!!!

By the way, to the person that was so concerned that this topped the story of the death of Lena Horn. First of all I'm sure given how classy Ms Horn was she wouldn't care, however, just to make you feel better, the notice of the death of Lena Horn is in the News Section & this article was in the Entertainment Section. Feel better now?

May 10, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Ballz

pass the peanuts please

May 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Desperate Much?

Knocked up on purpose? Marries the rebound guy without knowing him for long? Hmmmmm

May 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Rachel

There was really nothing on CNN that I enjoyed today, but all of your comments to each other have been great! It's like being 13 and being in a chat room talking smack to other kids! HAHAHA!! Thank you great people of CNN!

May 10, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Annie

She is an annoying j.w. The baby was 4 lb 12 oz. Bethanny had to stay the "skinny girl" even in her pregnancy. such vanity disgusts me. she probably was drinking her skinny girl margueritas too. makes me vomit...

May 10, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Kathy Dolata

I care about Bethenny and Jason and their new baby girl. Why are people reading the entertaiment section if they don't care?????
    Congratulations Bethenny and Jason on your baby girl. I hope you all are very happy and enjoy your life together.

May 10, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  108. hollander

The world has another self-obsessed snob to be. Next a reality show on how her new little waste product with the hip name pushes her way into snobby prep schools

May 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  109. GA Girl

Bethenny is by far, the most down-to-earth member of this Housewives series (sans Alex). She's quick-witted, charismatic re: husband & growing family, and geniune in everyway – she is a savvy business woman with a promising furture – all of her own doing (that's right, she didn't 'marry' her $$$$$....Jill !!!) I'm sure that her fans wish every happiness as she and Jason welcome Bryn into the world. Jill Zarin, on the contrary, is self-absorbed, petty, and far more concerned with "keeping up appreances" to New York Society than 'eating crow' and mending her relationship EARLY ON with the only true friend she had of the HW of NY ensemble. Don't know Luann's intentions, only that she acts as if she's still in the 9th grade ("she's not your friend, she's mine!). Look to Bethenny and Alex to understand kindness and friendship. Jill and Luann serve as the ambassador's of "how not to behave!" Congrats to Bethenny and Jason – Bryn will be such a blessing and joy to you – more than you could ever have imagined!

May 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Joe

Who cares about this person???

May 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  111. jjdecor

Never heard of this person or the show but I'm really really happy that the dog, Cookie, is happy. I will rest much easier tonight.

May 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. tori

If you ask me, Jason (the father) seems a litte sweet..I'm just sayin!

May 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  113. lolanyc

why do u people care how much her baby weighed????? Its her kid! I realize the people who bash the most wish they had a good life. Jealous

May 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Mel Persion

Congratulations, Bethenny. Before I had my baby and started watching Yo Gabba Gabba exclusively, I used to watch that show you were on. Something about New York City. I'm sorry. Baby made me lose all memory. I liked you best. Seriously.

May 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  115. angela

Baby's are Gods gift to the world. Welcome litle one. May you be loved, cherished, and blessed always.

May 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  116. katiebird

I am so happy for you. There is nothing else that you can expect from Jill, The COUNTLESS and Kelly. Jill talkes about everyone, COUNTLESS trys to act like she does nothing, but she is forever afaid that Jill will leave her, Kelly is brain less. Bethenny you have worked hard. COUNTLESS looking for a place to live, she had no idea how much an apartment cost, her ex husband paid for everything. I'm sure he still is paying for everything. OMG you try and be strong women, what if you actually had to go to work. Really work.

May 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Traci

Congrats Bethany & Jason!!

May 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Joanian

ahahahahah

May 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Joanian

ewwww you have a busted face ew!

May 10, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Liz

who are you freaks who get angry about some simple storly like this. Get a life.

May 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Head Diva In Charge

Congrats Bethenny! This is certainly something better to concentrate on then Jill's b.s.! Focus on the things that make you happy!

May 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  122. KJ

Congtrats Bethany, that baby will be so loved. You and hubby have a wonderful time being parents. Also, Jill and the "countess" and Kelly are no friends of yours. Kick them to the curb.

May 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Sooze

For all of you DIMWITS.... have you ever seen Bethenny???? she is just a tiny tiny person (and beautiful I might add) she would NEVER have a big baby even if she went full term..... P.S. Not all big babies are healthy.... My congrats to Bethenny, Jason and Bryn – enjoy it goes by fast!!!

May 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  124. airy

Glad that she had a healthy baby – for one month early, at almost 5 lbs, that's pretty good... they are supposed to gain about a pound a week that last month.

As far as Bethenny goes, she's just as self-centered as the rest of the cast on the show. Except for the Countess. It hurts for me to watch her.

May 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Cindy

who said it topped Lena Horne you idiot! Here's the beauty of CNN.com you ... the reader ... and I use that term lightly ... CLICK ON THE STORY YOU WANT TO READ! Amazingly, you numbnuts then post "who cares?" ... when it's obvious YOU do ... wow, I hope and pray none of you are the future of the United States.

May 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. goldenstate

Congratulations to Bethany and Jason! I am happy that Bethany chose to get the jealous villains (Jill, LuAnn and Kelly) on HousewivesNY out of her life. Jason seems like a grounded loving man, I hope that Betheny will treat him right throughout their life.

"A son is a son till he marries a wife, a daughters a daughter all of her life".

Thank heaven for little girls!

May 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Mel

If you don't care, why in the hell are you reading the entertainment section?! Nothing you find here is going to be "Breaking News" worthy. Common sense people!

The baby was apparently a month early hence the smaller weight. Also, I know women who had 5 lb babies at full term who were perfectly healthy...

May 10, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Redpisces1980

Just to let Lala0511 know... the size of a 6 1/2 month old fetus would be approximately 1-2lbs. I had a preemie at 6 months. No dieting, no drinking. It can happen to anyone~ She is beautiful and healthy. She went home at 5lbs 8oz and was 38weeks by gestation. This baby is not that far off. She will be just fine. Congrats Bethenny and Jason

May 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  129. jill

A 4 1/2 pound baby born 1 month early can be healthy. The lungs are the last to develop in the womb so I imagine the infant might stay in the hospital a little longer than a full term infant. That said, congrats to Bethenny! She is the shining star on the NYC housewives show. She is getting her own show and made herself a millionaire by hard work. The rest of them married it.

Team B!

May 10, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  130. aylene

congrats bethenny!! im team bethenny all the way!!! congrats!!! ull be the best mom ever!!! && yea keep her away from jill, luann && kelly!!! congrats!! :]

May 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Stunned

I am stunned that this story TOPPED the death of Lena Horne....seriously ....disrespectful

May 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  132. KY

It IS the entertainment section people and I find Bethenny very entertaining. Life gets heavy people and this show is a backrub for your brain.

Bethenny, all the love and happiness in the world to you, to Jason and to Bryn. What a beautiful name! I am also a Mom and no words can describe the love you have for your baby. Your entire world has been changed and in the most awesome way. Happy Mothers Day Bethenny! You are so blessed and it only gets better!

May 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  133. smwoboxer

JC Key – This is the ENTERTAINMENT section. That is why the story is here.

May 10, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Kelly Braund

Wow, that's a great weight for a baby over a month early! Bethany seems very health concious in general so I'm sure the baby is as healthy and beautiful as her.
    Congrats!

May 10, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Garry

If you want to be rude about ENTERTAINMENT STORIES you supposedly care nothing about..READ SOMETHING else and keep you hateful idiotic comments to yourself..geez you idiots.
    Congrats on the baby girl! Ignore these morons on here and enjoy..but i would most defintely keep her away from that self absorbed biotch Jill..someohow she would be uspet she wasn't the first one notified!

May 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  136. what

sorry, what??

May 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  137. 34

CNN....you can do much better than this

May 10, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  138. Lala0511

ummm.... 4lbs 12 oz is the size of a 6 1/2 mth fetus... she either drank wayyyy to much, or dieted... that is DEF not a health birth weight!!! Stay off the bottle!!

May 10, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  139. Amy

And yet you clicked on and read it?

JC Key May 10th, 2010 10:36 am ET
    Who cares?!?! This birth justifies a story on CNN..You got to be kidding me

May 10, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  140. Shelby

Already Twittering Bethany is about her baby – talk about a person who always wants to be in the spotlight/news.

Hopefully the child won't turn out as self-centered as Bethany, although I bet when she leaves the hospital she will make sure the cameras are around with her little girl wearing a Skinny Girl t-shirt. How sad.

May 10, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  141. les2251

Baby was a month early. Of course she will be 4 lb 12 oz. They gain their last couple of pounds the last month.

May 10, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  142. Michael

My wife watches this show. I tried, but came to the conclusion quickly that they were all a bunch of backstabbing drama queens. I don't see why anyone would want to be friends with any of them! That being said, at least this person comes across as the nicest one in the bunch. Then again, compared to some mean thing named Jill and a hulking old brute called the Countess, anyone nicer than Attila the Hun would seem ok.

May 10, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Teresa

Oh you are so right Michael!! These women are not true friends!! They are a bunch of fake people that do the show for MONEY. It makes me sick that they even put crap like that on TV.

May 30, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  143. EDYE

Bethenny and Jason - enjoy your tiny little girl from heaven.

May 10, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  144. Veronica

Felicidades Bethenny and Jason. My bet is Bryn is a beautiful, sweet girl.

May 10, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  145. johnny

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  146. Hsoo

And you can guess (as it's been proven) that many of the negative comments here are probably writen by Jill Zarin and her paid assistants. Jill Zarin pays her people to delete/block negative comments about herself and write positive comments (such as "I love Jill Zarin", "Jill Zarin is my favorite housewife", "Team Jill") on her own news articles and reviews.

May 10, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  147. MadCityBabe

Dear Coward who doesnt have the big hairy ones to post a name........I'm a very happy, fulfilled person with a large extended well adjusted and successful family.

However, I do possess a naughty side who loves to bash rather transparent stories..........FREAK!

May 10, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  148. Sasha

Bethenny Frankel is the creator of "Skinny Girl", shes a very high paid chef, and she is also one of the star of The Real Housewives of New York.

May 10, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  149. Hsoo

Congratulations Bethenny and Jason! I'm so happy for you guys! May your new family be filled with blissful blessings!

May 10, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  150. canuck

who is this person?

May 10, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  151. MadCityBabe

OMG please congratulate me on the birth of my cat's kittens, so cute, mom and babies are happy and healthy. We are all going to Mounds Pet Store when all are strong enough to travel.................

Who the Hell Am I?! Exactly, Who Cares! hahaha

May 10, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  152. one more please

who is bethenny Frankel???

May 10, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  153. rob

this chick is totally worthless

May 10, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  154. ???

i think people are more concerned than being judgemental.

May 10, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  155. Mike

Who cares if La toya Jackson has another baby?

May 10, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  156. Seriously!

Good for Bethenny! She deserves all of the happiness in the world. Any mother does. If the baby is announced as "healthy", then let it go. Even if the baby had issues, it's none of anyone's business but the family. Who are any of you to judge?

May 10, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  157. Carla

Who is Bethenny Frankel? And 4lb 12oz is not a healthy baby weight.

May 10, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  158. LB

Good for you Bethenny !! I hope she brings you much joy in life, which I'm sure she will. Focus on her and your family and not all the nastiness that surrounds you – In the end, your family is all that matters in life !
    Congratulations !!

May 10, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  159. TT44

Dort – yes, the baby was born early (I think she had said she was due in June).

May 10, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  160. Stacia

Congrats Bethany, keep the baby away from Jill. Jill is a truly mean person.

JC Key...it's in the Entertainment section you idiot.

May 10, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  161. Jennifer

I believe the baby was born a little early.

May 10, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  162. Dort

Did she diet during her pregnancy? Only 4lb 12oz!!! Was the baby a preemie? That's not a healthy weight for a full term pregnancy. but i'm sure she's a beauty.

May 10, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |