May 6th, 2010

Kristen Stewart: My life is ‘insane’

Kristen StewartKristen Stewart is well-known for wearing a sourpuss with her red-carpet couture, and she’s gotten plenty of flack for it with few being able to understand how one of the most popular young actresses in the world could look so unhappy.

It turns out, Stewart is actually trying to hold back the tears when those paparazzi shots are snapped.

“People say that I’m miserable all the time. It’s not that I’m miserable, it’s just that somebody’s yelling at me,” she told ELLE magazine for their June issue. “I literally, sometimes, have to keep myself from crying…It’s a physical reaction to the energy that’s thrown at you.”

Her facial expressions have at times been misconstrued as nonchalance or disregard for her success, which Stewart says couldn’t be farther from the truth.

“I hate it when they say I don’t give a [expletive], because nobody cares more than I do,” she said. “I’m telling you I don’t know anybody who does this that gives a [expletive] more than I do.”

Wonder if that includes her co-stars Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner? And no, she’s still not saying if she’s had any dalliances with either of them.

Kristen Stewart “I would never cheapen my relationships by talking about them,” Stewart said. “People say, ‘Just say who you’re dating. Then people will stop being so ravenous about it.’ It’s like, No they won’t! They’ll ask for specifics.”

Her life has become “insane,” lacking the privacy and alone time Stewart said she craves. “Somebody knocked on my hotel room door and asked for a light, then said that they were a big fan. I was like, ‘Do you really need me to light your cigarette? How do you know what room I’m in?’ I can’t be by myself and I like being by myself,” she said.

And then, “once somebody finds out, you have to get the hell out of wherever you are. People freak out,” she added. “And the photographers, they’re vicious. They’re mean. They’re like thugs. I don’t event want to drive around by myself anymore. It’s [expletive] dangerous.”

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Twilight

1. Angel

I've always thought she looks uncomfortable and shy. Yes, many stars hit her level of fame, but not many do and not as quickly. a few do, but you don't get into acting thinking you're going be be a household name and swarmed by cameras or people everytime you leave your house. It would be creepy, especially with no transitional time to grow used to growing amounts of attention.

October 8, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kristel

I've never had a problem with her facial expressions. I find it refreshing that at least someone in Hollywood is natural and doesn't walk around with a horrifying grin 24/7. The forced bubbly-cuddly starlets are what annoy me. I truly hope that Kristen keeps her chin up and doesn't change who she is or how she reacts to situations that are literally thrown at her. She seems mature for her age and is perhaps able to influence those around her into discarding the habit of playing a character when off set as well. Now that would be the kind of Hollywood I'd be glad to support. Because being overwhelmingly happy and constantly demonstrating one's ability to bear their teeth is not what I consider attractive or natural even. Thank you Kristen for not getting sucked into the BS!

May 30, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Andi

Just because she is famous doesn't mean she deserves some alone time – period. She sounds like someone who has some anxiety issues – otherwise she wouldn't want to cry when overwhelmed. Give her a break!

May 10, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kelly

I certainly don't know how people who think the series "sucks" could possibly know that. If you didn't like the first book, you surely didn't stick around to read the rest of the series. So how can you say the series sucks?

She's not a bad actress, but I don't think she's the greatest either. However, she is a babe.

I really don't have any sympathy for actors or actresses. They make all the money in the world and have a social status people only dream about. You set out to be an actor – you know what fame brings. Suck it up and deal with it.

Question – Why would she open the hotel room door for anyone she didn't know? That's her own fault.

Just a side note, I love Kristen. But I'm not some delusional fan.

May 8, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jon

Ryan B~ "Bad actress, horrible movie series, horrible book series."

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

May 7, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Justin Oliver

am I the only one sick and tired of hearing how horrible these rich, overpaid hollywood fools lives are?

May 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brie

I follow your career not your personal life it's just that your personal life. You are a great actress and from what I can tell an intelligent kind sensitive person

May 7, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kimberly

You know what people it's not a TRADE OFF! The freaking paparazzi don't have to be JERKS to her and EVERYONE deserves privacy. Don't blame Kristen because she's popular. ALSO covers of mags and interviews are a part of her JOB and STILL she deserves respect. She does not need to change who she is to make others happy.

May 7, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Italian User

I've been predicting her break-out since Panic Room.
    She was like 11 and most critics dismissed her as the "boy" or "jodie Foster's SON"...
    I laugh at those critics.
    Both her talent and beauty were ALREADY obvious then.

Her beauty is really unique, it's simple and profound and speaks of intelligence.
    Too bad I can't stand or watch the Twilight serie: I suggest you all to try and see her earlier works (such as "Speak"), she is *stunning*.

May 7, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. Robert

I do not think being an actor or an actress is a licence to have your private life violated by the media. There are very many actors, actresses and musicians who manage to stay out of the limelight, but it takes effort.

I enjoy Kristen Stewart's acting on screen, I have no desire to know more about her though. That is not being disrespectful to her, quite the opposite in fact. I admire her talent as an actress and look forward to any movie she is due to appear in, however that is where it ends.

Quite like how I admire the abilities of an artist and go see their exhibitions, I do not then hound and harass them afterwards...its about respect.

May 7, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. asfd

gay. this isnt news. once twilights over she wont have to worry about being famous anymore

May 7, 2010 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. BB

I have 18 years behind the action experience in Hollywood. I can safely say NO ONE of these young actors knows what they are signing on for. They just want to act, and the studios, media,agents, publicists and lawyers pimp them out so they can line their pockets with cash. I've seen and experienced it.

May 7, 2010 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. williams4321

If she hates the attention so much, then why is she posing for the cover of a magazine? Doesn't that bring more attention to you? She's doing it to generate PUBLICITY, which comes from the word PUBLIC. She doesn't hate the fame, it just sounds cooler to say she hates it and act as if she has this undeniable talent, she didn't chase fame, fame found her. But she is the one who hired an agent, went to audition after audition to get roles. If that's not chasing fame, tell me what is...

May 7, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. vtown1982

Paparazzi are out of hand! A great example is Princess Diana. The truth is we see these amazing people doing tremendous things, and we are astounded. I love to pick up the magazines and see the attention the well deserved actors are getting. Unfortunately, a lot of what we read is not truly based on fact. I think Kristen is a talent of a new breed. She throws herself into her work and the proof is in the picture. So the next time she wants to frown or laugh when a camera man falls, I say thats just being human. Real actors, real people, reality. Thats life. Love it or leave it. No one forces you to look at the pictures. And whoever she is dating, is lucky!

May 7, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mackenzie

I don't understand the arguement of "it comes with the job." She signed up to be an actress, not to be constantly hounded by paparazzi who are constantly looking to catch her in a bad situation. That should not be the case for any actor/actress and it is sad that they are treated like that today.
    Just a side note...she was also good in the movie Speak.

May 7, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. Josie

She's awesome! Kristen Rocks!

May 7, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Whatevah

She's an introvert...and she probably doesn't like being the center of attention. Wrong line of business perhaps...but artistic inclination and introversion often go together. I hope she gets help with integrating her work and personality instead of going down the path so many actors do and self medicating with drugs and alcohol. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert. It's just who she is. I've never understood why it's treated like it's a bad thing.

May 7, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ryan B

Bad actress, horrible movie series, horrible book series.

May 7, 2010 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  19. tiddy

She looks like my sister.

May 6, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. JC from California

James- It was not Kristen's acting that "dominated" Twilight. The books were already popular with t kids and teenagers and kids and the movies were bound to be popular as well. If anything, it was 'Edward's' look that dominated the movie and therefore, the minds of all those young girls that are now devoted fans. Bella was the main character and therefore, a main component of the story line so, here she is. Kristen is not an exceptional actor. She may become better as she grows older. Meanwhile, she should stop the whining and enjoy all the perks that come with being famous. If the "energy being thrown" at her bother her where she wants to cry, perhaps she should stop going to award shows. If TMZ gets to have a TV program getting information from its papz and millions of people watching, then lack of privacy (unfortunately) comes with the territory of today's show biz. Unless the rules change, this is what Kristen must deal with if she chooses to act. Be mindful that if Kristen did not get any exposure, she would not be the topic of conversation here with CNN writing a blog about her, Elle doing a cover....

May 6, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. anneway

she's gorgeous and she is one heck of a versatile actress. but what made my blood boil is how she could barely string a sentence properly in Twilight... the stuttering, unnecessary lengthy pauses and excessive blinking. i mean, someone could have a photosensitive epilepsy just by watching her in that movie!

May 6, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Rob - Australia

The bank account ain't normal. And that's why they do it.
    A few papps' and attention must be worth it.

May 6, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. James

Kylee: by "killed Twilight" you must mean "dominated the role so much, that it became one of the most popular film series of all time". You must also mean "she's been landing huge roles since she was a child, and actually is a really good actress".... or do you just simply mean "gosh, I am so jealous of the success of others, that I have to insult them, and put them down, even though their talent and success are undeniable".??

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Babblez

She's a young girl that has been thrust into the limelight out of nowhere. Nobody expected the twilight movies to be as huge as they were so she can't have expected THIS much attention. She's been thrown in the deep end and told to swim. All you idiots screaming 'my life sucks but I don't cry about it' either you're lying or you have a very unhealthy way of dealing with your emotions. Either way, you aren't her, you can't expect everybody to deal with stuff the same way as you. And 'beyonce could teach you to be a lady'? Get real, let the girl swear, she's what? 19? 20? I'm a year older than her and I swear more than a drunken sailor, its just the way myself and my peers express herself, and its the same with her. Men get out there and swear every day, collin farrel or whatever his name is for example. Why the double standards? Oh and 'its her job, she should suck it up'? Alright, explain why Johnny Depp is allowed his privacy and his respect and he's a much better much more advanced actor? Leave her alone. Let her adjust.

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. rachlanee

Who is Kristen Stewart?

May 6, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kylee

well she chose to be an actress and her fame was bound to happen one day.. so if she didnt want to become famous then she should have done something else besides acting.. plus she killed twilight...

May 6, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jon

The point Anon is that she asked for this. When you decide to be an actor/actress in hollywood you know what you get. Millions of dollars and paparazi out the yang and no privacy. If she doesn't want that then she needs to find another profession.

May 6, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Shaun

You're an actress. ACT like you are having a good time.

May 6, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Anon

Oh my gosh, leave Kristen alone. She is more talented and brilliant than any of you could ever hope to be. Did it ever occur to you that true artists are not necessarily outgoing? She might be shy for Christ's sake. Leave her alone, she's amazing.

May 6, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kim

Why do we villify those who value their privacy and then in the next breath malign the fame wh*res? Someone who chooses to act couldn't possibly have guessed they'd end up in the top 1% of their peer group when all anyone ever told them is that they'll never make a living as an actor. These people sign up to make a living as an actor, and *if they're lucky* do some quality work that people see and appreciate. This is not what an actor signs up for; it's what Kim Kardashan or Courtney Love or Paris Hilton or Heidi Montag signed up for.

May 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mushymushroom

I actually understand Kristen.

Imagine yourself in an office,you were just a so and so employee then in struck of luck you did a good job and you got a promotion. Suddenly, all eyes are on you, everyone talks about you and of course, not everyone will talk nice about you, some or most will criticize you, they will observe you and watch you all the time. How will that feel? Sucks right?

Kristen just got her acting a career a "promotion", so the attention is on her, and she's not used to it, she wanted the opprotunities but of course no one wants the downside right?

Maybe she should just adjust to the smiling-on-the-red-carpet thing, but when it comes to being followed she has every right to be mad at it.

May 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chris

Waaaaaa! I'm so unhappy cause I get to do soap opera-quality acting and get paid millions to do it! Why do people have to take pictures of me???? Feel sorry for me cause I'm a celebrity! Gag.

May 6, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mary

I think this chick was born in 1990. I remember 1990. I was 38 then, not 28, but what's ten years, taking care of my kids 10 and 11, working 2 jobs, with a deadbeat husband, and no there was no paparazzi, and yes it was really hard, but you know what..i still smiled every day..might have cried every day too, but you get the point. This chick is too young to be a diva and not interesting enough to be unique. I agree the paparazzi goes too far with a lot of people, and I don’t think its just completely part of the job, but be honest. This business of just wanting to burst out in tears when she is being hit by them, but going out of your way to look like crap for the cameras is kinda asking for it as well. I think I would respect someone who were being harassed by the paparazzi to say..”they can really get to you” without giving excuses that don’t make sense. Who cares if she smiles or not, maybe she has bad teeth, who knows. I don't think she can act, I think she was just lucky enough to land a role that was suited for her, but that’s just me. So I won't be putting out a cent on her movies, or the tabloids, etc. So who cares if Miss "I just vant to be alone" doesn't smile. :.)

May 6, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Downer

WAAAAAA! I AM AN A-LIST CELEB WITH GOBS OF MONEY AND A ZILLION PIMPLED TEENY FANS AND I WANNA BE LEFT ALONE!!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I HATE MY LIFE!!!

shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! SHUT UP!!!!!!!

May 6, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lily

I understand being upset when papz are following her, but she is upset at every event she shows up in. It is one thing to have some loon knocking on her hotel room door for a light which is a cause for concern or being chased while driving to run errands or to go a restaurant, but it is another story when she wears a sour face during every single appearance. She obviously wants the fame because with it comes everything else, like good acting roles, wealth,…If Kristen wants to be "left alone", then she should stop seeking exposure such as, going to award shows, give interviews, accept magazines cover photo shoots, etc. Life can be hard for everyone and at any job. Try going to a grocery store and listen to a cashier telling you how she/he is upset with the “energy being thrown” at him/her. Dealing with some mean and disrespecting customers can be very difficult, but would you, as a customer, want to listen to the whining? I don’t think so. There are days that I want to cry at work and frankly, I do (in private), but I don’t tell my clients how their behavior is insane. I deal with the facts because I know what I signed up for taking my job and I know who ultimately is the one facilitating my pay check – the client. Kristin, the public is your client base. Stop complaining about how difficult you have it. What you need to do as someone in the comments here said, is “to love a little and stop bi****”. Perhaps a change in perspective will change thigs for you. If not, you can always change your profession.

May 6, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. India Andrews

I think Kristen should be left alone during an interview if she doesn't want to answer a question. The same goes for her while she's out in public unless she's in paparazzi territory like Robertson Blvd. or Rodeo Dr. I have a feeling she's not like Brangelina who call the paparazzi before they go somewhere, and do photo ops with their kids on their balcony in Venice, so Kristen's right to some privacy should be respected like Leonardo DiCaprio's or Johnny Depp's privacy.

May 6, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  37. itsamazing

First off, she's an actress which means her job is to act. Smiling when she is out and about doesn't fall under that description. Secondly, we all have things about our jobs we hate and we gripe about them every day. Its no different in this case. So if someone is going to tell her to shut her mouth and suck it up why don't you go ahead and take your own advice. You know you whine just like the rest of us. As far as photographers go...pepper spray them. That'll do it.

May 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Katgirl

People, People, People! Give the girl some time to adjust to the "life altering event" that the Twilight movies have been for her. She'll learn to deal with things in her own way and time. Why are some people so judgemental?? When you've walked in her shoes...you can start casting your stones. I'm sure her life is a whole new ballgame right now – and it's gonna take some time to learn to live with that intense scrutiny among many of the other changing facets. So remember, we're all just here trying to do our best with what we got....even the "movie stars". Life would be so much more pleasant if people would love a little more and b**** a little less. Just sayin....

May 6, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ashley

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the constant media coverage is what celebrities must deal with. If Kristen was not a famous person, she would not be covered by CNN and other major news outlets and she would not be able to grace covers of magazines all the time. She would not get to interview with Oprah… When she does interviews, walks the red carpet, etc., no one is “yelling” at her, she simply seems annoyed to be there and as if the activities are beneath her. I don't think she seems to realize that when promoting her movies (under contract) she is promoting herself. She can't get the big pay, awards, great acting offers and all the glamour that comes with the life she has chosen and not have to deal with what is the REALITY of show biz today. There is really no need to cry. She can simply choose another line of work, but if likes acting, then she should accept the life she has chosen – as “difficult” as it may be. Oh and STOP complaining all the time.

May 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  40. CC

Nice language, Kristen. Could learn a thing or two from Beyonce about being a lady.

May 6, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Susan

What's the big deal about her going to college? Seems to me that her current career allows her to earn great money, and affords her the opportunity to see more of the world than most people ever get to. And I completely agree about the invasiveness of the paparazzi...just because a person is an actor doesn't give the press the right to pursue them they way they do. She has a right to her privacy, just like everyone else.

May 6, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Salina

This is my opinion about this girl...she cannot act at all! When she plays Bella, she makes her character look like a weak person even though in the book, Bella is a strong and sober woman. I believe that the perfect actors to play the 2 main cast in the Twilight series is the ones that play in the tv series "Vampire Dairies". They totally match the part more! Also, it bothers me when she is talking, "no, no, no...y, you...you can't le...lea...leave me, Edward!" she always have to studdered!

May 6, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Denise

Ten years from now if she is enduring with this much stress and unhappiness about the fishbowl life she has...I guarantee she'll be on a suicide watch. No matter how much talent an actor/actress has..if the pressures of being under the limelight get to them and they don't roll with it...then it will eat them alive. There's enough famous names who have fallen under this pressure of Hollywood stardom.

May 6, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. kym

when she was younger she was in a movie called The Safety of Objects.
    Its a great movie and she did a great job.

May 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dani

Think of it this way...you may want to have a child and you may have even babysat other people's kids but you cannot KNOW what it's like to be a parent until you have a kid yourself. Right?

Well, acting may be the same way. Yes, you expect to be photographed and go to classy premieres but then, all the sudden, you're living your life in a fishbowl. Jennifer Aniston said it well when she stated, "I'm not always on the clock. I should have times when I'm not being photographed or followed." For them, it must be like never getting a day off. No matter what profession you choose you should get some time to yourself and it ought to be a RIGHT that we all have. And, it's really no one's business who she's dating. We buy movie tickets - we get entertained. That should be the extent of it.

May 6, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. George Lopez

I completely understand her, all those ugly papparazi who look like stalkers and havent taken a bath for days have a camera and pointing it at you like it is a gun while yelling at you ,, I think that would make anyone cry.

May 6, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  47. susan

I agree about the papz but when she's on the red carpet she needs to get with the program. She doesn't have to talk to the papz or smile for them but when it's part of her job (yes appearing on the red carpet is part of it) she should play the part. Much bigger stars than her have said they don't like the red carpet, awards shows, etc but they do it and at least act like it isn't beneath them. She should be glad she's wanted right now because it doesn't always last...and I'm guessing in her case it won't be long.

May 6, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jodipo

I feel for the girl, but lets be honest, sheis a terrible actress. Every roll she has played is the same thing. Deep teenager with emotions baggage.

get a new roll and show us that you can be soemthing more than a whiny teenager

May 6, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Elizabeth

I agree that the papz have gone way overboard on hounding the actors. But, with that when you join the movie industry you would be lying if you said you didn't know what you were getting into. Even if the papz were not as vicious as they are, there would still be actors complaining about the lack of privacy. As an actor you number one job is to be seen and to be in the public light. That is the job! Yes it might be hard, but what job isn't, you know that they will hound you, especially in these times, so you go into this business knowing that. And the whole thing about not smiling, it is your job! Yeah you don't like it, but suck it up!

May 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Sue

For the record, I think Kristen CAN act and Miley CAN sing and people who can't do either can just be cruel to both!

You also gotta love the people that say she chose this life so she should shut up and live with it. You haven't seen what I've seen with all those paparazzi. It truly is vicious and they will say the nastiest things to get your attention. At least she keeps quiet. I would be telling them off every 5 seconds.

That said, good for her for telling it like it is.

May 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Cath

She needs to get a grip. Sounds like a bunch of complaining to me, from an extremely privileged person. That's nothing new.

May 6, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dalleli Avila

Why in the hill people dont leave kristen stewart alone i mean god gave her i break she wants to be by herself i say this things beacuse am kristen stewart big fan and i get mad because people dont leave her alone

May 6, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Vicky B

Kristen, from here on when you are faced with the paparazzi frenzy and you can hardly contain your emotions of sadness/frustration/anger, simply picture each one of them with no clothes on.

That oughta do it! :)

May 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Celine in AZ

Kristen is a perfect example of the non-Hollywood stereotype – a girl who loves to act but who stays clear of the Hollywood scene.

I think she is wonderful for being so truthful about her stance in the public eye. She is young and she is talented but this does not mean she needs to be scrutinized and pawed at on a daily basis.

So, even though she probably loves to act in movies...... it does NOT mean she wants to be caught up in the media frenzy to the extent that she is. It is downright hurtful to these actors.

The poor girl, leave her alone and let her do what she does best... acting, which brings all of us joy,

May 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Maggie Tharp

its not her fault at all. it the paparazzis. she doesnt need to go to college, move or go somewhere else. if she picked this career, its because she loved it and she is good at it. the pap. is cruel. they make people look bad when there not. They make it hard on celebs to have a normal life. all they want is to act and be normal.. acting is like a normal day job to them. so why should every moment of there life be in the publics eye.

May 6, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. YEP

I'm glad the article is based on a magazine that had an actual interview with her. I don't buy celebrity magazines. It doesn't matter if she chose her career etc. She has a right to be irritated by it. Overnight fame must be challenging – I would not want to be in her shoes – even if the cost a thousand dollars.

May 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  57. chasemel

If Kristen Stewart can act, then Miley Cyrus can sing.

May 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Go Sharks!

Other famous people don't seem to mind smiling on the red carpet... and I think I could manage to smile every once in a while if I were getting paid a **** ton to do it!

May 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. CristinaHoule

She chose her future. I have to say that acting is her way to go. But she can't flip over a photograph. If you look at the real world you can't always be satisfied with what you get in return.

May 6, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. macjones

She needs to get the **** out of The Twilight zone and go to college.

At least there the she'll eventually be relatively normal again.

May 6, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. OMDUSA

I always thought that's why they picked her to play the role of a moody and intense teen in Twilight. Who cares that she is not 'actually' like that in real life? I don't.

May 6, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Camera shy

She chose the profession. She dresses up to go out and be seen. If it weren't so, she would not be in this superficial city, she has 50 + states to choose from.

May 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ccon

I can not stand her.....smile you have money and fame what is there not to be happy about.....get over yourself....being photgraphed comes with the job, she knew that when she became and actress...stay at home and stop acting then!

May 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Adriana

Regardless of her choosing to be an actor, she deserves some privacy. She is constantly hounded by the Papz. People say she looks miserable but really it's more annoyed. I think us fans have a lot to do with this because we want to see pics of her with Rob. Besides she's not the only actor that doesn't smile for the Papz. I wouldn't either if I was her. I wouldn't help them make more money off of me for a pic with smile or a pic showing PDA with Rob. Kristen looks amazing regardless of a smile!

May 6, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Nadilyn

She doesn't have to smile for the cameras. Maybe they don't post the pictures she does smile for. Just keeps the media going.

May 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Mercyless

You, whether it's the fans for the celebrities, or your family to you, everyone wants everyone to be what they think they should be. Sad... and celebrities not only get it from their own families, but they get it even more so from fans. I say, you gotta be what you are in the moment, no matter what that is. Just be that. I don't envy celebrity.

May 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  67. bb

i actually find it very refreshing when an actress does not have that whole BS hollywood affect. In addition to The Runaways...catch her in Adventureland on DVD.

Yes...she can flat out ACT.

who cares that she doesnt seem to fit the whole "starlet" mold. its a sign of good character.

May 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Carol

I can't imagine how horrific it must be. Big stars have no privacy ever, flashbulbs popping, people invading your private life and lies being printed constantly. There need to be laws curtailing paparazzi. They are mean and allowed to torment people.

May 6, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  69. balls jesus

i don't buy the "trade-off" argument, no offense to anyone who does though. the paparazzi has gotten completely out of control. the craving the people have for celebrity gossip is ridiculous and only fuels the paparazzi and causes them to become more aggressive and downright dangerous. NOBODY deserves the absolute overbearing treatment they receive from becoming famous. it's one thing to be obligated to do interviews and pose for pics, etc. but it's quite another to give up your freedom completely just because you make movies or sing on stage, etc. i always said if i were famous (which will never happen), i would actually start stalking the paparazzi like they do the celebrities and see how they like cameras outside their houses and people constantly following them and invading their space. would be interesting...

May 6, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jay Kay

I've also asked why she looks so unhappy, or grumpy, or nonchalant on the red carpet. I'm pleased to read that it's not disregard, as most people assume, for her lot in life. She has to be one of the most misunderstood actresses to come out of Hollywood in quite a while.

May 6, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. tom

SECOND!

May 6, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jeremy

I understand I guess. But seriously, she chose her profession knowing what the outcome would be. It's a trade off, we all have to deal with trade offs.

May 6, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  73. NC

I never thought much of this actress with all of the overblown attention from the Twilight movies. Then I saw her in The Runaways... she literally took my breath away. The girl can act! Who cares if she doesn't smile pretty for the photogs... she CAN ACT! That is what it is supposed to be all about – right?

May 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |