May 6th, 2010

Alec Baldwin will host 'SNL' season finale

Alec Baldwin has so much love for "30 Rock" he’ll even be in the building on Saturday night.

Yesterday, NBC confirmed that Baldwin will host the May 15 finale of “Saturday Night Live,” with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers as the night’s musical guest.

This is Baldwin’s 15th appearance on the show, a record for most show appearances also held by his Oscars co-host, Steve Martin.

Filed under: Alec Baldwin • Celebrities • television

1. Ed

If some of u don't care then why the hell comment?!

May 8, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Head Diva In Charge

Yay for Alec! I love when he hosts! It's always funny, which is more then I can say for some of the other guests. But I am still really excited about Betty White.

May 7, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. lauratj

Alec Baldwin is fantastic all around & getting better with age. He is a great host on SNL. Looking forward to Betty White !!!!! Team Alec, team Betty !!! All the best !!!

May 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Stevo

We're ignoring the real issue. When is Steve Martin gonna host again to retain the lead? Maybe he'll show up to sabotage the show.

May 7, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. steven

SNL died a long time ago, but it was coming back until some right wing idiot took over. Now it all has a right leaning, which is not funny. Fox news type people and humor. I say rest in peace. SNL was always about rebels and bucking the system so to speak.

May 7, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Amy

I agree with Wendy! Can't think of a more perfect season ender. Bravo SNL!

May 7, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. Wendy

I love it and I love Alec! Awesome! That show I will not miss! Now that's exciting! Can't wait!!!!!!!

May 7, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda

Alec Baldwin is FANTASTIC! Some of the funniest SNL's over the past years have been when he has hosted. I have been so disappointed with SNL this season but am so looking forward to this – maybe he'll reprise his Schweaty Balls sketch. he is hysterical! Fantatsic!

May 7, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. saaaaaaam

CANTEEN BOY! Alec Baldwin is the man! SNL has had some down years but still managed to produce some classic comedy. Justin Timberlake is one of a few guest hosts who just kill it every time. Alec is the same, just funny as hell.

May 7, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. Pat

Can't wait. Betty White tomorrow and Alec Baldwin next week. Hope he does Tony Bennett again. He had him down. Lamasil for foot fungus!

And Betty White, sweetly acid tongued. FAN******Tastic!

May 7, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. millie

Alec Baldwin. How did someone who was once so handsome become so ugly. Inside and out.

May 7, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. slape

Alec rocks!!!

May 7, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Evan

Alec Baldwin is one of their best hosts – that is why they have him back so often. He and Steve Martin are fantastic.

May 7, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. Donald in Florida

chirp-chirp- YOU ARE SO neo-out-of touch! I LOVE IT!! We'll all watch and tape it! Alex Baldwin might be "OLD SCHOOL" but he sure is cooler than a lot of the so-called hot new comics!

May 7, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. Brian

Don't like it, don't watch it. Ratings were so good during the election, which btw was within the last 8 years, that SNL continues to air new episodes and gasp – new seasons. Vote with your remote and turn it off if it makes you feel better. A lot of people find some of it funny. As for commercials, there is a device called a DVR – get one.

May 7, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  16. Derek

I agree with you somewhat chirp chirp. I grew up in the 80's and 90's watching the show, but I still found the 70's and the early 2000's to be some of the best years on SNL. 70's = funny, 80's sucked, 90's = the best with Farley and company, but the past 8 years have been the worst. The writting is bad, the skits run too long, and the actors try too hard to be funny. Plus there are way too many commercials now. I'll watch this week for Betty and next week because Alic is awesome, but no more untill they fix the writting and get better actors from Second City.

May 7, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  17. mejazzbo

Schwety Balls and Canteen Boy are Alec classics on SNL. The man is nuts. Great way to end the season.

May 6, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jon

Is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers still alive? Apparently SNL is only paying scale because I'm sure that they could find a better band than this one.

May 6, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sharon

From Canada, watched it now for 30 years.. now in Australia, still watch it, we get the old reruns too on comedy channel.

How many catch phrases are from that show?!

You look mavelous!
    That's the ticket!
    Schwing! We're not worthy! WAAY!
    I'm outta here!
    Remember the time you were in the Beatles?
    Weeeelllll... isn't that Special!
    I need more cowbell!!!
    Hello Trebek!
    Let's just go to Final Jeopardy, shall we?
    Because I'm good enough, smart enough, and – doggone it – people like me!

Add your own..

I'm not American & get most of the stuff they put on their show. Snap shot in time.. miss Tina Fey on their though. so, love 30 Rock!!

Cheers.

May 6, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. brenda

you must be 10.

May 6, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. OKE

Schwetty balls RULE!!!

May 6, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Samantha

SCHWETTY BALLS! SO funny....

May 6, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. gerald

Alec is a classic SNL host.' Pete Schwetty' is one of the great skits. If
    you haven't seen it you need to.

May 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lauren Micheals

Alec rocks. I'd do Betty!

May 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Isha

@Chirp Chirp i also agree with you.
    @Dan, i know right? why does she even read the article less comment?

May 6, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Siavm

@chirp chirp
    You hit it dead on the head. I started watching the show a few years ago and love it. I am early 20 something. And I find the jokes funny. Someone 40 something may not find it funny because they do not get all the references. Taste changes over time.

May 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  27. joe

chirp chirp, Agree 100% with you. I'm one of those who discover snl in the 90's and even though l still watch it every saturday with my 15 yo brother ( another generation). we both love it! by the way I love your "what's up with that? wha's up with that?" lol

May 6, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kacey

I'm just glad Betty White gets a chance to host SNL before its done. She's amazing. Watch her Saturday night, MAY 8th!

May 6, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Dan

shirley May 6th, 2010 2:32 pm ET

Who cares, not me.

----------------------------
    If you don't care why did you read the article?

May 6, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. chirp chirp

Snl is like music
    the generation you grew up with (cast), is the one you'll always prefer. Why? because you can always relate the cast and sketches to you as memories of your life. What you and your friends found funny at one time. People who watched in the 70's, hated the 80's show, the 90's and today. Same is true for other generatons. It may be "dead to some", but chances are they are no longer in the target audience range. Let's face it a stoner kid, who straightened his life out and went on to become a doctor or lawyer may not like the show anymore.(what's up with that?, what's up with that?). Likes and dislikes change over time, it's part of growing up.

Steve Martin doing his cleopatra thing, is same as Eddie murphy doing gumby, adam sandler doing opera man, or kristen wiig doing gilly.

nothing lasts forever, even cold november rain!

May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Carol

SNL died many years ago. Please people, can we bury this piece of crap once and for all????

May 6, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. shirley

Who cares, not me.

May 6, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dawn

Alec is my favorite host! Great news!

May 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. good stuff

SNL doenst need fresh faces. all these new "comedians" are killing the show. well, then again its been dead for over a decade.

May 6, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Elizabeth

We need some fresh faces to appear on SNL. Funny ones too. Alec is funny, but there are so many other people who could appear. And better musical acts as well.

May 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |