May 5th, 2010

Miley Cyrus refuses to be tamed in new music video

In a not-so-subtle music video for her new single, “Can’t Be Tamed” - the first track from a soon-to-be-released album of the same name - Cyrus emerges as Aves Cyrus, an oversized creature wearing an impressive wing span and little else, stepping away from the nest and the cage she’d been holed away in.

“For those who don’t know me, I can get a bit crazy, have to get my way 24 hours a day cause I’m hot like that,” Cyrus sings. “Every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention, like I’m under inspection, I always get the 10s cause I’m built like that."

Welcome to the next evolution of Miley Cyrus.

As the 17-year-old told E! News, “I don’t want to be in a cage. I want to be free and do what I love…I want to make the movies and the music that I want.”

Some have been a bit riled by the fact that Cyrus’s moves, alongside her backup dancers, are fairly suggestive, as is her choice of costume. But, Cyrus said that while “it is a sexy video...that’s not the premise. It’s not about being sexy or who can wear less clothes. It’s about explaining the song and living the lyrics instead of just being like, this is about me.”

As for her teen fans, she thinks they’ll get it since the song is about not fitting in. “For me,” Cyrus said, “it’s never been about fitting in. I’d rather stand out than fit in.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus • Music

1. Maddie

I think Miley isn't any good! AND WHY DID YOU QUIT YOUR SHOW!!! I liked Hannah Montana!

Keep making it! NOW!!!

To: Miley Cyrus age 18

From: Maddie age 11

January 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. carl

Oops wrong video

October 11, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Carl

Gimme a break. There is nothing wrong with this video. Don't you remember being 17? I see nothing more than a young woman indulging in a hormonal fantasy while getting ready for a dance.

According to my 11 year old daughter Miley Cyrus or her Hanna Montana alter ego no longer appeal to the young audience.

October 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rose

When I started seeing Hannah Montana I was 9 Now Im 14. It is Great that my fav artist is moving on to songs for my age I understand this lyrics. You all dont get it your adults and Im teen just like her. Use the kiss meho Keep It Simple Stupit

May 27, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. katie

You know every little girl grows up eventually, miley is doing a natural thing. Its parents responsibility to keep their kids on the disney channel and off MTV. The lyrics themselves are the same as Female singers have been singing for years...Leave the girl alone let her parents handle her "inappropriate" behavior or we will have another brittany on our hands. She is blossoming and no one can stop that! Go Girl!

May 8, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Charles Davis

My kids loves Hanna Montana so much that they are addicted to it. Anyway, Miley is a pretty and talented young girl.'*.

May 7, 2010 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jose

Honestly, the video and lyrics suck horribly. The fact that she's rather attractive and barely dressed is the only reason I don't regret watching the video.
    For those saying she's too young for this sort of thing, I'd like to point out that Britney Spears was only 16, younger than Miley is now, when the video for "baby one more time" came out. That video was made over a decade ago, and it was a lot more suggestive.
    Her making videos like this does not make her a bad person, nor does it mean she'll go down a bad path in her personal life.
    Just wanted to make my peace with the internet.

May 6, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. isaac4777

well well well looks like some1 is turning into a f***ed up teen

May 6, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Henry Miller

She does not make me proud to be human.Sickening...

May 6, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MMA

I thought Miley and her family were Christians? No Christian would act or dress like she is and no Christian parent would allow it, no matter how famous they are.

Also, wake up parents she's not a good role model anymore.

May 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michelle

Another young entertainer who became popular too young and fast is now heading for the same path as all the other ones, Brittany; Lindsey. Money and fame has gone to her head and she's heading for a down hill spiral fast. Her parents need to wake up fast! She's only 17 she's not a woman yet. As far as what she's becoming – my daughter won't be one of her fans much longer.

May 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ron

A person can only be a good role model if, in fact, they are not playing a "role" when they are in public. Nothing is more stressful to one's core being then to live a life of lies.

As Miley, or anyone, grows and changes, then they need to give themselves the right to continue to be true to the person they are becoming and not try to be who everyone wants them to be. It's healthy and wise to do so.

While I personally like her energy I can barely stand her nasal way of singing, but that's just me.

May 6, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ashley

Oh, hi Adam Lambert.. oh, wait..

May 6, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Elmo

Her songs suck....I guess she didn't get the memo...she needs to smell the glove

May 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tyra

well its like lady gaga and a 25 yr old mixed 2gether miley cyrus should try 2 act her age

May 6, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. peach

Yuck. It's too bad; she could have been a good role model.

May 6, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Alisha

Does she realize that using "standing out" as a way of being cool has been around since the 80's, possibly back to the 50's?

May 6, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Patty

She's going to be the next Lindsay Lohan. Just watch

May 6, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. HPN

I just hope she will read some of these comments before going off the deep end. It takes a life time to build a reputation and only a second to destroy it. Wise up Miley look at those who have gone before you.

May 6, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. PG

Her music is crap, her movies are crap, her parents are crap for allowing her do do this video, they will let her do anything as long as it makes money for them!!!

May 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JW

Big deal–give her a break. She CAN actually sing, and her voice has a unique quality, unlike so much of what you hear on the radio that sounds like it was created in a lab. Why bag on her looks? That's cruel. She's a pretty girl, and hopefully she figures out exactly how to handle the transition from squeaky clean Disney star with adoring 7 year old fans, to serious artist with a real career ahead of her. How she handles herself during the years from 17-21 or so will make all the difference, and I for one hope she can get it under control.

May 6, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ReginaM

"Silly and 17" would be a great name for her album.

May 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Carol

All of these comments are so true and actually gave me a good laugh this afternoon. Her and her Dad stepped on a gold mine with Hannah Montana deal. I guess by her lyrics to her new song she thinks pretty highly of herself–she's hot like that and she gets all the "10's". Get over yourself Miley, you are an average looking teenager, if you weren't Hannah Montana-no one would give you a second look if you were walking in a mall. I agree another train wreck just waiting to happen.

May 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sibby

Reminds me of an old song.....What goes up, must come down.

May 6, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ashleyyyy

omg i cant stand her
    she's acting like shes trying to beat out Michael Jackson or something
    she's being far too promiscuous; shes just too selfish and immature to realize the negative effects it will have on her young fans. becuase HANNAH MONTANA is for children, she has kid-fans everywhere, she's a terrible role model.

May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. spritusraptor

To the lady that says I must not have kids, I do, and would never consider having any entertainer as a role model for them. No more that if I were to have Charlie Sheen as my role model, but I still think he and his show are hilarious. I taught them how to understand and know the difference. Imagine that, a parent being a parent. Think before you speak, it works really well! To the lady whose child destroyed all her Miley stuff, good for her, if you don't want to spend the money, it is your choice. Pathetic, really, it is just business?? This 17 year old kid is moving away from the teen money, that is business. Your pathetic if you don't understand this. Also check your own CD collection, in particular some of the lyrics, you will be amazed at what you listen to. To the lady talking about how Taylor Swift is a better role model, hmmm, all wet on stage with a short dress on at her age, kind of odd, don't you think!!

May 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. acedude08

shes 17,so once she hits 18 she can where clothes like lady gaga does and no one will say nothin else about it.and then when no one says anything else about her,thats where the lindsay lohan will come out of her.

May 6, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. B

I think its funny all the comments about her being a role model. Why would you want your daughter to idolize anyone in the public eye. It is always a disaster waiting to happen. If you want them idolize someone choose an author or a teacher, anyone but a celebrity.

May 6, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Chucklehead

More feathers, more leather for the petulant child.
    Daddy's makin' money and she's running wild.
    A little piece of meat, is soon spoiled rotten.
    Another malfunction with underwear forgotten.

Rock on Mylie, there's nothing more to hide.
    Rock on Mylie, to the turning of the tide.
    Reinvention's just a song, a video away.
    Rock on Mylie, Mylie's here to stay.

May 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  30. robin

jeez, she's still a kid...leave her alone. why should she be who all of you want her to be? And as for role models...that's the parent's job, not the rest of the world. She is in the ENTERTAINMENT industry. She's not a cop or a teacher or a fireman. Her purpose is to entertain and be creative. Everyone is so busy condemning every one else they don't pay attention to themselves and what is going on in their own lives.

May 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. margaret hasshaw

If Miley is the breadwinner in the family – she has the power to do what she wants.

May 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kirk

All power to ya Miley. Don't let the haters influence you. Don't let the leaches influence you.. Surround your self with true friends. And if you ever doubt yourself, look at your bank account! But most of all, do not compromise your morals and ideals. Just cause of how you dress doesn't mean your immoral. God gave you special gifts.Be proud of them. Your a very special person. Do not lose sight of that. Also, I have a 17 year old son I'd like to introduce you to! (just kidding!) Take care!

May 6, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alto

I'm 16 and a half, and I'm nowhere as sleezy as that. Get a life, Miley.

May 6, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dewey

WHO CARES!!! just like her father she will soon be washed up, and Branson wont even want her...

May 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  35. KimAlison

What do Britney, Lindsey, and Miley all have in common? Parents that care more about making money off of their kid then caring what happens to their kid in the process. How irresponsible and pathetic. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

May 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. A Mom who is done with this tramp-awannabe

LOL.... only a perv or another kid would call a 17 y/o teenage girl a woman!!! LOL!

May 6, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ashely

Wow...! Everybody's Comming At Miley!, But I Cant Lie She Is Getting A Little Out Of Hand, Trying To Grow Up So Fast. Just Be You For Right Now And Live Life,Its Not Going Anywhwere Cause I Had To Lern The Same Thing...But Uhh Im Still A Big Fan And I So Love Your Music!

Cheaaaa Miley!

May 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. cebeterre

My grandaughter is five and unfortunately your fan, but I will start seeding in her who I think you'll transform into, since only yesterday in those programs about celebs in the Local Channels they mentioned you'd say yes to posing nude or making a movie with nudity. I mean, where are your parents? You are 17 and thinking about these things? You are a role model kid, choose another route in your career, many have achieved, to the point of Oscars, without even thinking – let alone doing – what you have in your plans. You are forbidden from my TV screen...and I am NOT a conservative person BTW, but that's too much, please think before acting!

May 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jeff

Looks like the typical image-freshening, personality-morphing, career-enhancing change. When will Bill-Ray stop living vicariously through his daughter?

May 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Trey

1) All the folks who are ranting about her behavior, please check your language: if you are taking a 17 year-old to task for her behavior, you might want to find less inflamatory words than the ones I see. Walk the talk.
    2) The outfit covered more than most swimsuits and the dance moves, in an era where Michael Jackson's hand motion below the wait seems quaint was rather restrained.
    3) She is a 17 year old young woman not the parent of every young girl in America –and, yes I do have kids. Just like my kids know they are not allowed to act like/dress like their older cousins, they can figure out Miley's getting older and watch Hannah re runs on Disney. If you don;t want your 8 year to see the video, don;t let her/him watch it.
    4) It is astounding how many people have consigned this intelligent, talented young woman to an early end of career, descent into the tawdry side of entertainment because of one video.
    5) Let's all remember what we did at 17. Bet if it was caught on video, there'd be a little less name calling around here.

May 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JustaGuy

Who cares about her music or stupid videos, I just want to see her bare breasts!

May 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dave

I think everyone should wait a while before predicting Miley's doom or the doom of her young fans. I've seen her interviewed and she actually seems to have significant character, especially for someone 17 years old. You can't blame her for becoming a young woman and I'm not sure she's being such a bad role model in that regard.

May 6, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. justin

hey byte this, This girl has spent her life doing what everyone else wanted her to do. I think she earned the right to do what she wants to do with her career. daddy has already made enough profit from her now it's time for her to. As far as role models if your children think of entertainers as role models, You are not doing your job as a parent.... I also agree with another comment that was made earlier, I am also a musician and music and the way it is recorded is a dissapointment these days simply because it can't be performed on stage the way it comes out of the studio. So the live shows sound really bad.

May 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Pam

give he a break....she can't be young forever. I don't think she'll end up a trainwreck like the others...she's too grounded to Mom and Dad. I pray she doesn't. I have nothing but Love For Ya MILEY, you're a beautiful girl, but please... DON"T GO THERE! ;-)

May 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. David Foster

Her parents should be ashamed to see how she has turned out.
    She will be just another pill poppin broken down singer like the rest..

What a shame..

May 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Pam

don't let me down Miley :-(

May 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. justin

May 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Bonnie Hidalgo

Not even the teenage girls like her!
    To her and her dad.... " HERES A QUARTER, CALL SOMEONE WHO CARES"!!!!!!

May 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Ernie

hmm Lady Gaga didn't wear much on AI last night either and what the heck was she singing was it even a song??? or was she just more about pimping her body all over the stage? Thats probally the route Miley is going as well - which is to bad, she had such true potential.

May 6, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. J. Gibbs

I just read those new lyrics to my 15 year old daughter, an avid fan. My daughter went to her room, came back up, and destroyed every Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana DVD and CD she had.

Good job, Miley! If my daughter's actions mean anything, you can plan on losing a LOT of your fan base. Pathetic.

May 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Phyllis

She's way too full of herself!

May 6, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  52. JD

I'm accepting wagers now on how many adult males will buy copies of Miley when she appears nude in Playboy. It's only a matter of time...

May 6, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Bruce

I am confused. You all are bashing Brittney and Paris but tell me what is so bad about the way they turned out. They are both young and beautiful, both have strong career and millions of dollars. So what is so bad about that, Wish I could be in that position. And tell me, are you all raising perfert teenage daughters or something. I'm sure that all of you all with teenagers are having the same or worst problems. So let me now hear it from the perfect people who are rasing perfert teenagers.

May 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  54. zee bart

AS A FEW PEOPLE HAVE SAID ITS NOT HER JOB TO RAISE YOUR KIDS WE LIKE TO BLAM THE STARS OF WHAT ARE KIDS DO BUT IF MOTHERS AND FATHERS TEACH THER KIDS MORALS THEN THEY HAVE NOTHYING TO WORRIE ABOUT KIDS WILL BE KIDS JUST LIKE WE WERE IN ARE YOUNGER YEARS HOW QUICK WE PARENTS FORGET ARE PAST

May 6, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  55. John

This is the same girl who says that it is not her job as a celebrity to be a role model for younger kids...so it not her fault if they copy her.

Gee I wonder which 'celeb' was her role model??

There are so many other names I would attach to Miley but all of them are negative and not for use in public or around small children and the elderly.

May 6, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. CAGrandma

Much ado about nothing. Give kids a break, they know reality from fantasy. My 10 year old granddaughter loves the Hannah Montana show and Miley Cyrus but has moved on to other pop stars. Kids are fickled.

May 6, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jax

Get a Grip people. 17 or 70, she's a maturing woman who's coming into her own. She can make her own decisions, and she sure as hell doesn't need her non fans to tell her whether what she's doing is wrong or right. I'm sure she's paid attention to the Spears and Lohans of the world, and I for one, wish her all the best. let her do what she wants, we all live and learn by our failures, and as for a role model, maybe we as parents, should start teaching our kids to look to -us- as role models.

May 6, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Kevin

Everybody loves a good train wreck!

May 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dave

I'm sure concerned parents will do what they always seem to do. Make a whole lot of noise that "someone should do something about this" and then continue to be their kid's "friends" and watch these videos with them, and buy the music for them....Didn't we go through this highly controversial change of target audience with Britney a few years back? Look how well that went...

May 6, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  60. Cindy

I think it's funny how you parents really think these Disney Girls are going to try and continue to be your daughters role models until they are 45 years old. This chick did the "role model" thing and now she's 17 years old. What 17 year old is going to continue doing something she doesn't want to? Including yours!
    Celebrities don't live for us ... they live for themselves ... just like we do.

May 6, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  61. Janet

These 'coming of age' songs and albums have come a long way since Miss Jackson's "Control". Which is to say the way they've come is pretty silly and pathetic.

May 6, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  62. Mom

And Dustin, your right, there is a difference between what your kids like and who they look up too. Well said!

May 6, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  63. Mom

Hey Tony, she can go buy land or an island, just not land in Montana, we don't want her here

May 6, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dustin

It is not a prerequisite to have kids to recognize whether someone is a proper role model or not. I was a child at one point, and I didn't look up to celebrities as personal heroes. They were entertaining, yes, but they played fictional characters. I thought Han Solo was awesome as a kid, but behind it all, it was Harrison Ford and it was only a movie. I wanted to be an astronaut long before I even knew what Star Wars was. There is a difference between what your kids like and who they look up to.

May 6, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  65. Lori

Thank goodness for singers like Taylor Swift–her success and long-term appeal are a beacon in this industry full type A egocentric personalities who don't understand that consumers are tired of the flash and skin and R-rated lyrics and performances. Good luck Miley but I won't be buying any of your products–take a close read over these comments and consider a new agent!

May 6, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  66. A Mom who is done with this tramp-awannabe

Obiviously, the person that says she is not a role model doesn't have kids. My girls only watch t.v. on the weekends and they loved her show. My husband got laughs too. They have some of her music, movies, tee shirts, hats and such. They even wanted their hair fixed in pigtails like "Hannah's". I don't need the trashy 17 year old Miley in their lives and they think she is becoming nasty too. They bring me her crap to get rid of......lol
    But she is 17 years old.....I know because I was 17 too that one makes stupid mistakes and that's why you have parents to guide you. She is not grown up yet ....she should still be in school!

May 6, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  67. Scarlett

She's free to do this kind of thing, but she fails to realize that parents are also free to stop spending money on her merchandise, too. I, for one, say good riddance. I was never that thrilled that my daughter liked her, but since her show wasn't that bad, I reluctantly let her watch it. I'm glad I don't have to watch another Hannah Montana show in my lifetime!! I'm just wondering what is going to get her first - a breakdown or drugs? I'm guessing the drugs will come first because she is going to be pressured to get thinner. She's a little too pudgy and chipmunk cheeked to be able to pull off the pop tarte image. Not that I think she is heavy - I'm just saying the current in look is anorexic with breast implants and she needs a lot of work to achieve that.

May 6, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  68. Dustin

Prime example of why people should not prop up celebrities on a pedestal. More often than not, pop idols are manufactured by the industry to appeal to a specific demographic (in Miley Cyrus' case, to the pre-teen demographic). There's nothing of substance there, only visual appeal and marketing. Miley's received a great deal of fame and money off of her status, but nothing noteworthy or deserving of that. She's not a role model; Christa McAuliffe was a role model; along with women like Amelia Earhart and Clara Barton. People that make a difference in the lives of others should be looked up to.

May 6, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  69. Billy ray Cyrus

I slept with my daughter....and I'm selling the story!

cha-ching $$$

May 6, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  70. Priscilla

Real original....she's "rebelling and breaking out" at age 17. Unique. lol

May 6, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  71. AJC

I have to question parents and media who constantly put actors and professional sports players in front of childern as role models. Just because the media chose them to be the next money maker does not mean they are perfect people. This is a great example of blurring the lines between a character actor and an a real person . Wake up, stop expecting these individuals to be a role models for your children.
    I say go for it Miley be yourself.

May 6, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  72. spritusraptor

Idiots, she is an entertainer not a role model for you little girls. You as a parent should be the role model. She is just doing her job. I hate idiots who let the rest of the world raise their children instead of doing their job as a parent. It is always someone elses fault, isn't it?? Wow! You peopel kill me. Half dressed, that was what any kid does when they put on a bathing suit and hang out at the local pool. What is it like to walk around with your head up you A$$ your whole life? Just so you know, I never had any entertainer as a role model, my parents were my only true role models. They did a good job, regardless of what some A$$ clown might say about me after reading this.

May 6, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  73. Marcela

Let the girl do her "normal" transition. Were you expecting she keeps entertaining little girls all her life? she is a good girl, just let her be!

May 6, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  74. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

The fun starts when she turns 18 and starts having "wardrobe malfunctions". Britney Spears deja vu all over again.

May 6, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  75. Wolf

Somebody, quickly, put her out of her misery before an alien demon-diva pops out of her belly. The girl's about to go child-star and become the next South Park joke.

May 6, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  76. Billyjoebob

She needs to be rode hard and put away wet.

May 6, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  77. sfrye1470

I think the main issue most ppl have is Miley did the transformation dramatically. She needs to change and broaden her base but the right way to do it is gradualully. She still has one last season on Disney. over that time she could start broadening out. Make it the right way & the right path so she could end up being a better person than Britney or others. I just hope she has seen & learned from other teen stars mistakes & not go down the path of drinking, drugs, and partying. Her music is ok its not the best out there she does have a few good song. her acting is ok but remember she's mainly only had Disney acting there only so much you can do with that. As a role model in a way she is to a point. i do few family should Always be a childs main role model. My daughter has watched Miley for the past few yrs & knows at 15 Miley is not a role model & understand she needs to move on to other roles from Disney b/c of her age. Maybe Miley should braoden out to normal TV shows play her age on a more edgy serious role. a way to break out of Disney without taking the clothes off. But only time will tell where she'll be in 10yrs and her next few yrs will tell us the path she'll go on; really growing up or growing down.

May 6, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  78. GIGI

It appears Disney needs to incorporate a PRE-TEEN clause………………indicating “When you start out WHOLESOME on Disney, you wait until your 21 to become a FREAK”

May 6, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  79. Stevee

I bet her you know what smells........

WHOS BETTER THEN KANYON?

May 6, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  80. paul

She isn't overly talented
    She isn't overly attractive
    She isn't worth a billion dollars

May 6, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  81. Bubba

Since I'm not a little kid, I really don't find much in her act to interest me. She's talking to her young fans with vids like this, and at some point she will stop connecting with them because her experiences have changed her too much. Debbie Gibson came out of the blue with a self-written album that struck every young girl like an arrow in the heart and said exactly what they wanted to say, but after a couple years of tours and wealth and fame, she wasn't on their wavelength anymore and her albums stopped selling.

May 6, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  82. texas mom

I think that we do not need to keep saying that she is growing up. 17 years old is not grown up and we need to understand that at 17 you shouldn't be half dressed at all you are still a child not an adult. As far as the roll model thing. Come on people pay attention to what your kids are doing. and I for one have a 4 yr old who used to like Hannah and now doens't want to watch her anymore. So those of you who have 13 and 15 year olds that are that impressed with her you better watch out cause she will have them screwed up if you don't influence there lives first.

May 6, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  83. Jane

Disney is what made her famous, the reason people go to her shows and watched her is because of her wholesome Disney Persona. If she had 1/2 a brain she's stick with the good role model act instead of following the path of Britney and others.
    A wise man learns from other's mistakes........... .

May 6, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  84. chris

Lilghten up – she's actually talented and doing a pretty good job of transitioning from Disney teen queen to a real performer doing her own thing. I like her . . . .

May 6, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  85. Rob_in_MN

I hate Hannah Montana. I hate Miley Cyrus. But I did read that last year she made about a billion dollars. That's Billion with a B.

I doubt she cares what you or I think. ;)

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  86. Earl

Just left a floater in the bowl...it is defying gravity and peeling paint off the walls....like this thread

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  87. Big Bubs

Hey Miley, Butt-Head called, he want's his grille piece back....uuuuuhhhh, huh huh

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  88. let's be real

And 40+ year old men rejoice...

May 6, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  89. AJ

And the funniest part is SHE'S NOT EVEN HOT

May 6, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  90. Dav-O

Billy Ray and her mother are to blame. She's just being a teenager. They don't need to be her "friend". They should step up to the plate and do some parenting. She's too young to expose herself like this. It's the parents job to parent. They're to blame here. Look what a wreck her brother Trace is.

May 6, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  91. chuck d

Oh yea her, the girl who wants to replace Britney's picture in the dictionary with her own under White Trash, yep she's doing it

May 6, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  92. chuck d

Who?

May 6, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  93. Thomas

More of the super judgmental right with nothing better to do than criticize everyone but themselves. Stupid backwards right wing religious people. Next thing you know they'll be Jihading in the US over Miley. They're no better than the Muslim Extremists trying to bomb America all the time. They're all about making the rest of us fit into their paradigm. They don't want to take responsibility for their own lives and children that's why they want to convert every to their religions. They want Miley and all the other children to be roles models for their children so they don't have to do it themselves. Lazy right wingers have brought this country down into the muck of idiocy and self indulgence. They are what they Profit teaches against. They the Anti -

May 6, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  94. aaron

First of all, I don't like music with generic inspirational messages that mean absolutely nothing in the real world. And I don't like movies where teens try to have real people feelings. It's safe to say I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan. That being said, Miley Cyrus isn't the reason you didn't take your kids camping, or to the symphony, or to see a PG-13 movie when they're 10, or that you moved to the suburb and removed them from culture and the real world and allowed Miley Cyrus be their role model. Just because she's famous doesn't mean she's responsible for every little girl in the entire world. She's busy being a little girl herself, so raise your kids.

May 6, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  95. ADHR

Rarely do I ever post on things like this. I think it's all stupid. Either way, I really don't care much for Miley Cyrus, and don't care which way she goes. Parents, I do believe you are the ones who need to grow up. It's not your time frame, that was twenty years ago, we don't care about your values anymore, there are new ones now. Stop forcing your views on what is good and pure or not down your children's throats. Let them decide for themselves what is good or bad. If Miley wants to go down this road, so be it. If your children really want to continue to adore Miley, there's no fire in Hell that's going to stop them, you're wasting your time if you try. If they don't care for Miley's actions and don't want anything to do with her anymore, then again, so be it. This is called free will. It's what the supposed "God" gave us.

By the way, i'm only nine. If you couldn't tell, I am very capable of making my own choices and deciding on my own views on things. If you would let them, your children would be able to as well.

May 6, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  96. David the Great

She should be ashamed of herself for writing such idiotic lyrics. Good job whoring yourself up there Miley. Sales, sales sales.

May 6, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  97. Kloudmaker

Five dollar foot long...

May 6, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  98. Nancy

Leave the poor girl alone, I don't believe she will be like some of the others ya'll talk about. She was raised with christian values and I still see those values in her, I'm told many times, there comes a time you have to let go, and let them grow up, no one wants or should have to feel like they have to be who someone wants them to be... I have a 13 yr TEENAGER and she will continue to like Miley as long as she wants, My daughter and I TALK . she understands Miley is growing up and all the feelings that Miley talks about and you know what Me and MY 13 yr old TEENAGER understand and respect Miley MORE for being herself and not catering to what the world thinks she should be. and also I am my daughter #1 role model, but as for some of the entertainers as a role model well I'd still hope my daughter looks up to MIley and learns a great deal about life. some parents need to grow up!!!!

May 6, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  99. mosher

Who gives a rats ass about this future tramp

May 6, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  100. Byte This

When one has to use the pronoun "I" five times in a e sentence quote – one has a problem... “I don’t want to be in a cage. I want to be free and do what I love…I want to make the movies and the music that I want.”

May 6, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  101. D@ 2u33n

She was meant as a role model but truth be told she was never one. I cant believe parents expected her to be a role model especially wen dey should be da role model. maybe she'll wreck maybe she won't but tryin to be to grown in her world is mostly leading to be a wreck!!!

May 6, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  102. Craziness

I'm surprised she's not pregnant yet.

May 6, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  103. Alexa28

I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus, however, singers are going to do what they can to make sales. That's the reality! I'm not a parent yet, but hopefully someday I will and I wouldn't want my child to idolize a girl who dances on a pole and wants to break free into a wild woman. These stars need to keep the fans in mind and have consideration for the parents and their values. Britney's a mom, she must understand. Even though, sometimes I actually question her sanity for motherhood. Who recalls driving with the baby on her lap? or almost dropping the baby on his head??

May 6, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  104. GB

Phyl May 5th, 2010 1:30 pm ET

Bye-bye Miley! Too bad you're giving up that Hannah Montanna thing, because since your movie flopped & now your trying to act all grown up your singing career is doomed, you're gonna be left with nothing.

You are right Phyl...she will b left with nothing...except more money than you or I will ever see...ever!

May 6, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  105. Paul

So she thinks she has talent and is more than just the next product of the Disney machine? All she is and all she has was built by Disney for a specific demographic. Throw that away at your own peril. There are already 3 others who have replaced her in the Disney galaxy of auto toned young cuties in generic laugh track shows, and carefully presented on the Disney radio channel. She should accept and embrace that she is a product of a system, and work to help kids, not "express herself artistically".

May 6, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  106. Samantha

Some of you so down on this young girl need to check yourself. I don't think she ever signed a contract saying she would be 15 forever. Everyone grows up. I wish the best for Miley. She has a world of talent. Thanks for entertaining my 12 year old for several years. Don't worry people, kids move on, my 12 year old doesn't even think about miley or hannah montana anymore. haha, now she walks around constantly with her ipod plugged into her ears. don't start either, i check what music she has on it often.

May 6, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  107. George Lopez

So are we going to let Miley Cyrus tell our kids how to fit in?

May 6, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  108. DE

At least Britney could sing and had songs you understand – this song is pure crap, and Miley's voice is annoying as hell! Let the 'big kids' vamp it up Miley, cause you got NO talent!

May 6, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  109. Dan

Shame on all the parents that used this young adolescent with a freak childhood as a role-model for their children. Like everything else in the entertainment world, whats behind the persona is far from the facade we see on the screen or stage.

Step up and be a role model to your own kids and not try to hire someone to do it for you.

If we continue to financially support this kind of behavior the we are all guilty of contributing to the ultimate outcome. Stop giving them attention and maybe, just maybe they will hit the brick wall sooner and wake up and join the world of decency. If not, then our kids will emulate us and consider this to be acceptable and shape themselves in this pathetic manner so they too can get the attention they are lacking at home.

May 6, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  110. George Lopez

It Achey Breaks my heart

May 6, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  111. George Lopez

Folks she is getting ready to break off her child star persona disney image, and I am sure she will do anything for her daddies dream I mean her career.

May 6, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  112. Xena

Janet, well said! You don't see guys demeaning themselves for girls.

May 6, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  113. trae

Makin' papa proud

May 6, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  114. farmer

From the article: "..cause I’m hot like that"

*rolls eyes*

May 6, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  115. southerndawn

So glad i dont have a teenage daughter! If i did i would have to ban anything to do with Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana. She is not orignal nor is she all that cute. As far as the role model thing goes...we dont pick who our children consider role models they do. At one point i thought the little girl might have potential..boy was i wrong and for that matter how do we know she isnt on some kind of drugs or drinking. What child star do you know that hasnt come out and verified that they didnt use drugs and alcohol. These young ladies in the limelight need to understand they are misguiding todays youth. For all of you who think she should "go girl" wait till its your daughter putting herself out there. Miley is just as ridiculous as B. Spears, P. Hilton, L. Lohan. Frankly im thru even looking at any of them....Moving on!

May 6, 2010 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  116. Glen Quagmire

I'd like to toss her salad!

May 6, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  117. Glen Quagmire

Oh yeah, she's ready to be plucked. This girl is gonna explode all over some lucky basterd. Giggity-giggity!

May 6, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  118. Chris R.

Yes, our next "virgin" to be sacraficed at the mass-media alter. it's going to be a good harvest this year.

May 6, 2010 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  119. Downer

Miley was ok for entertaining kids. Most kids are easily entertained, and have no real discriminating taste when it comes to "talent" (Case in point: Justin Beiber).

But Miley's growing up and trying to transition into a more mature "artist", to expand into a more "mature" market. It will flop, she will bottom out, the vultures of the mass media will keep us updated with every one of her humiliating moves, and it will be sad and hard to watch. But watch it we will...with a seething glee no less, because Americans applaud when a star rises, only to later mock and sneer as the same star falls.

So say what you will about Miley, but what does this say about us?

May 6, 2010 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  120. Nick

all of us were her age. we all make decisions at her age. cut the poor girl some slack. im sure she doesn't go around critiquing what any of you do with your life. shes done nothing wrong with growing up. she cant be hannah montana her whole life. let her make her choices with out being harmful or condescending. there is nothing that says she has to be perfect. if you want your kids to believe and idol someone perfect, show them a picture of joe pesci, hes the man

May 6, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  121. Musician that actually knows more than two chords

Yeah, but.....wait.....Oh, hey, but.......OH!....Riding on Dad's curtails that got her going!....Guy can't write music, can't act apparently, or "Doc" would still be on the air....at least He's smart enough to utilize the talent around him that he apparently has...Kudos! And as for all you southern folk..."Y'all" really need to go back to school and learn PROPER grammar! You know, the kind the rest of the world can read without thinking that "Y'all" ore a bunch of backwards a** hicks with no real grasp of the English language...."C'mon folks, enough with doin' your brother Jed, then his cousin Jed"......(Bill Murray)

May 6, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  122. LaTina

Wow, she gets to make million$ off kids who are probably smarter than she is.

May 6, 2010 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  123. Carl

Shame on you CNN.

May 6, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  124. Marina

Christ. Let her grow up. She's 17, not 12. She's a young woman now, NOT hannah montana. Let's not forget, this gal hasn't made any public mistakes and so what if she does? She's growing up. Y'all had the luxury of making your mistakes in private...or rather...in the hills of your small towns. Give it a break.

May 6, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  125. Guest

Really people you guys are rediculus. This music video is not bad at all coming from a 17 year old. Miley is growing up with a generation just like britney did. And britney was the most popular female arist until her mental breakdown. Maybe all you people who are complaing should better your own lives instead of butting into someone else's might do you some good

May 6, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  126. K. Pack

...wow. Jamie Foxx, looks like your comments about Miley were ahead of their time, old chum! What's crackin'...?

May 6, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  127. marissa

HAS ANYONE NOTICED HOW UNATTRACTIVE MILEY IS? SHE IS REALLY NOT PRETTY AT ALL. BRITTNEY CAN'T SING BUT SHE WAS HOT. MILEY IS UGLY AND CANT SING. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FEMALE VERSION OF UGLY ASS BILLY RAY

May 6, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  128. LMK

We actually took our kids to one of her concerts and my girls (now 8 and 10) really looked up to her. I'm happy to say that they don't look up to her anymore. I often wonder where are Miley's parents? Do they not teach self-respect in their home? These people have money so really is it necessary for their 17 year old to sell herself in this manner? Does she need to rake it more?

May 6, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  129. Chris

I don't think she is going to be a train wreck like brittney, or lohan. If she wan's to continue to have a career she's going to have to show that she can be something beyond Hannah Montana. She's been pretty squeaky clean for a teen star. She's been clean enough that the news on her is usually blown out of proportion just to create some news.

May 6, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  130. keith

the only reason she needs to be controversial is because she lacks the talent

May 6, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  131. JLB

Amen, TPM!

May 6, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  132. mileyvirus

If she were my daughter, I'd have an achy breaky heart attack!

May 5, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  133. bryan

what a bimbo get a life

May 5, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Trash

ROFL. A big nothing.

May 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Kevin in PA

So what were you expecting? Beethoven's 5th? It is pop music, and it has a shelf life. I've heard (and tapped my foot to) worse. You say her music is simplistic, the lyrics shallow, her talent marginal? Since when did THAT ever make a difference?

She dresses somewhat 'racy'... for a 17yo? Are you kidding? OK, not necessarily tween material anymore, granted. Still, cut her some slack. There is alot more twaddle out there, she is far from being the worst.

BTW I'm not a fan, but I do know of her. I wish her well and hope she stays out of real trouble (emphasis on 'real'). Maybe she will mature into a real talented artist after she has stopped being 'managed'. Until then, let a teen make some non-fatal mistakes, or minor goofs. She seems nice enough, and has had some good breaks. Lets see what she does with it now.

And ease up on the teen. She ain't Mother Theresa, nor Bach.

And while she isn't super good looking, she is pretty enough and seems confident enough in herself. Again, she is just trying to be an ENTERTAINER.

Lighten up.

May 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  136. jojo

It looks to me like Miley has been tamed by the record industry thugs who like to see 17 year old girls dressed like lingerie models. I was not a huge fan either way but this is a bummer!

May 5, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. doe

Men don't have to resort to being trashy and sleezy to get respect. When are young women today going to realize that they shouldn't have to either?

May 5, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jensen

Gag!

May 5, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Kirk

Looks like it's going to be a good harvest this year in South Park

May 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  140. kaylan

to huh, Disney's been rotten for years. The kid shows are all based on selfish, materialistic characters, not to mention dating (when they really shouldn't be thinking about that!). The last thing kids need to listen to are kids talking back to adults (which they do a lot in Disney shows) and caring more about how they look (what should I wear?! I'm so pretty, pretty, pretty).

Yes, this move by this Disney star did not surprise me at all. What is worse, the whole act above is so cheesy! And the lyrics are really BAD!

May 5, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  141. kaylan

This is just the same old "hollywood star" syndrome replayed again. Honestly, I am SO glad I keep my children away from her shows and music. Since they don't know her teen work, they won't want to see this horrid stuff!

I'm sorry but the costume is just way over the top and it IS immodest (not a symbol of freedom, dear).

May 5, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Huh?

Put me in the trainwreck camp. Uh... what's with all the christian stuff?
    "Probably a good christian family"? As opposed to one of those bad muslim families?

You think you heard the word "HELL"? You just typed it! Do you think your kid has not heard that word used as an incredibly tame expletive yet?

You don't allow your children to purchase music? Welcome to China!

You idiots are the ones who made this girl popular by buying into the bs Disney wholesome routine. None of those people are what they say they are its marketing. Especially with Disney child stars. So of course she's going to go and rebel now, the bad choice was letting her near the mouse in the first place.

May 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  143. 'Ailina

"Teens will be teens"..."Look at all the worse things teens are doing"..."At least she's not pregnant"...blah blah blah. When are we going to stop making excuses for these young stars and start holding them to a higher standard? If we aren't, then it's because we don't HAVE higher standards, which is just sad and cheap. You can keep it.

May 5, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  144. JimH

"Cyrus emerges as Aves Cyrus, an oversized creature wearing an impressive wing span and little else"...give me a break! Have you even watched the video. She's wearing equivalent to a one piece bathing suite.

Watch the video, then trying reporting again!

May 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  145. rcd

stupid. Give them mic, will show stupidity.

another reason why folks need to go to school, before they start a job/career.

May 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  146. irish317

She needs the practice at pole dancing, for when daddy blows her money, and her movies and albums don't sell.

May 5, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Michelle

To all the commentators,

Miley is not a role model to my kids, as a matter of fact my daughter do not care for her and have never and she is 8. It is all about healthy parenting. My daughter do not look to Disney characters for how to act they look to me and I teach them by instilling healthy values and morals. The problem with most of these comments is that you all expect these child stars to help you raise your kids; you bore them you raise them not Miley or any child stars for that matter. Miley is a product of her environment and unhealthy parenting. Simple, yes teenagers rebel but this is more than rebel; this is acting out with no parents to teach her healthy values.

May 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Ummm...

Talk about ungrateful. She could have at least waited until she turned 18. Anyone would be glad to be on Disney.... oh wait, nevermind.

May 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  149. dottie

I saw her on Jay Leno's show and the outfit she had on was disgraceful. She is trying to show off everything she has which is not much. If i was her parents i would make her war some clothes less revealing.
    You could see her bra with nothing to put in it and such a little twit.
    She tries to act like an adult but you can see she is just a child
    So sorry her parents don't take more responsibility for her up-bringing

May 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Millie

I don't have any grandchildren, but if I did, they would not be allowed to listen or watch anything that has to do with Miley Cyrus. We all know what she's turning into.

May 5, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  151. ingo

What a complete loser. Am I the only one who thinks she is unattractive?

May 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Demara

Looks like pure garbage.

May 5, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Momof3

I just watched the video – and think I'm going to be sick.

May 5, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  154. CrazyinTN

Looks to be another Lindsey in the making....which is saddening...where are the parents in this picture? Did they forget that they have a teenage daughter? Have they not watch the fall and demise of Lindsey, Brittney, although she seems to have learned to remain in control of herself and her situations-of course, this is after her father stepped into the picture and took control before who knows what happened.
    It is such a waste...although I am not a cyrus fan...I'm just wondering when did parents stop being parents...is it when the teenager is now paying the parents paycheck? Supporting the family? Hollywood seems to give these kids a false sense of importance....reality checks need to be put into place by parents of these kids...

May 5, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  155. mushymushroom

Have I not heard her statements already from some Disney star...was it Lindsay or Britney...oh yeah...both said the same thing - they're already grown ups so stop treating them like a child; and look where they got from that statement!

Miley, thank you for sending Lindsay to retirement for being a trainwreck. You know, Lindsay has been at it a bit too long so she really needs a replacement.

May 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Scott

So she's 17 now. Hmmm... Guess that Playboy pictorial is only another year away.

May 5, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Loucifer

If she goes nude, she better get to getting before she gets to looking like The Olsens or Lindsay. Ugh.

May 5, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Bojangles

The song is garbage. The video is garbage. She's fine though.

May 5, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  159. kapressley

miley sucks. She's not talented whatsoever. Her daddy got her where she is now. It couldnt have been talent. Cant stand her.

May 5, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  160. osa

whatever

May 5, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  161. L

Example of irresponsible parenting. Very disturbing behavior for a girl.

May 5, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  162. love

Hi 5! That's the girl! You gotta keep trying! It's the climb!

May 5, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  163. dwtruland

What a bunch of loser you all (most) are. What a need to feel superior to someone else. Get a life.

May 5, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Daniel

have to get my way 24 hours a day cause I’m hot like that

No, actually you're really not that hot. If anything, below average. And if you really want everything you way, stop making garbage music/tv shows and go to BK.

May 5, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  165. terry ohio

another inbread hillbilly just like daddy, what a joke! and the parents that support their kids praising this no talent. then wonder why their own children grow up and act so nut's? man we live in a hard up world, blows your mind what the world is willing to stoop to. seems like the more insane someone is the more they are praised, lol

May 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Frank Rizzo

She a freaking Joke, I don't know why anyone would listen or buy her idiotic music.

May 5, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Felice

Here is the next train wreck leaving the station! Is there no one in the lives of these youngsters to just say "no", or "that is not appropriate'? Clearly their parents see them as paychecks. Is there no one to regulate them? Miley, like the others will burn bright for a while, then fizzle out!

May 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Wsu1983

None of you old farts are even her target audience! Don't judge her without seeing the video, it was great! She is a decent young artist, with her own style. Don't compare! Not every child star has to be a role model!

May 5, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  169. lady g

You'll never be like X-tina

May 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  170. JMZ

She's doing this for the massive amounts of cash she'll get, courtesy of gullible fools who are all too willing to toss $$$ to people who don't deserve it. Just in case no one has noticed, there are a lot of worthy causes in this world that truly need support....last I checked, Miley Cyrus was not one of them. (And for those of you who'll criticize me for saying that, remember....you never know when you might be the one who needs help.)

May 5, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  171. rsp

I really don't care so much about Miley. But I do respect her decisions. What I don't understand is the "role model" mentality of some parents. Everything should start at home. Teach your kids values. You may not be aware of it but, kids do emulate what they see at home not what they see on TV or movies or even at school. Stop putting the blame on these celebrities and start taking responsibilities for your kids upbringing. Preachy? Yes!! It hurts? Yes!! But it's the truth. Most importantly, respect your kids and treat them with intelligence. They say it takes a community to raise a child i that's bull. It only takes one responsible parent to raise a responsible child. My Mom raised all six of us children by herself (with some help from my grandma) and we were poor. I should say that all of us her kids are doing just fine.

May 5, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  172. EmJay

Took my kid to the Miley concert last fall. Her brother also performed. One would think in a family so focused on music they would have more talent, sadly they don't. Both just went through the choreographed motions and voices are always drowned out by the instruments. Hoping my kid chooses to move on and hears the message that true talent puts music first.

May 5, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  173. The_Mick

If the Hannah Montana thing was over with, this could be considered an appropriate way for Miley to move into a more adult mode.

However, the last season of Hannah Montana premiers in July. Cyrus' handlers (dad, I suppose) are thus continuing to generate child fans and are now leading them into adult material. WRONG!

May 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  174. mikaz

to JA in CA
    Miley is awsome, can't wait til her album hit number 1 and you people eat your words. At least she knows how to dress, what does george have, 2 shirts & 3 pairs of jeans. He's a milksop wetnurse if there was one.

May 5, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  175. join the club

can't hold a tune in a bucket and needs to lay off the french fries. we took all the hanna montana crap to the goodwill.....it's still there.

May 5, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  176. JM in CA

30 years from now George Strait will still be #1, and no one will know Miley Cyrus from Miley Smiley.

May 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  177. MD

Ironically, her desire to NOT fit in will actually make her fit in quite nicely with all the other "stand outs" in Hollywood. Lord, help her.

May 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Pat in Alabama

Just another charletan revealed for its true colors. And people let their kids idolize it when it is in diguise and continue once the disguise is lifted. And they wonder why their kids are like they are.

May 5, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Raleigh

Being a child star under a Disney contract isn't the healthy thing in the world. Hopefully she will not become a most watched e hollywood story.

May 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Red Dead Revolver

Wasn't she in the newest girls gone wild too?

May 5, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  181. JB

Miley, do your thing lady. Ignore the haters out there. If you don' t like the music or the videos, then change the channel and press on!!!

May 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  182. mikaz

I read these post and see a bunch of jealous judgemental freaks. Miley is in a position in life where she can live it to her fullest, you milksops and wetnurses sit back with your pathetic lifes and poke fun of someone who is extremely successful and making the most of an incredible opportunity. I'll bet 90% of the people making these posts drink to much and are fat.

May 5, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Brrrrian

she is going to burn out so fast once people realize she isn't that cute AND not talented

May 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  184. bee bug

I agree...Miley is the next Britney, Lindsay....she also has very poor posture and very crooked teeth. Miley is not attractive at all, so all the guys that think she is "hot" are only after one thing. I can see clearly that her parents have taught her nothing about being a young lady. Should we expect any less...Billy Ray is the biggest hillbilly daddy out there.

May 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Boof

You're all a bunch of hypocrites. You're the losers. She's making millions and all you can do is cry about it. Geez people, get over it already. If you don't like it, don't listen. Losers!

May 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  186. bee bug

I agree...Miley is the next Britney, Lindsay....she also has very poor posture and very crooked teeth. I can see clearly that her parents have taught her nothing about being a young lady. Should we expect any less...Billy Ray is the biggest hillbilly daddy out there.

May 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Raton Kemado

What happened to parents being the role model in a child’s life? This story is utter trash. I am absolutely dumbfounded by the fact that most of America, and possibly the world, actually consider this girl to have even an inkling of talent. Which poses the next question, what happen to talent? Uggh!

May 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  188. texas mom

To ISRAELI
    I really think you need not bash any religions now. I am a christian woman who believes that JESUS is the son of GOD and is coming back for us. If you dont' believe in what I do it doesn't give you the right to bash anything anyone believes. Next time just read your comment before you post. Being Jewish doesn't automatically get you to heaven. I didn't think Jews believed in Hell anyway.

May 5, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  189. kirk

what a train wreck, shell be worse than lindsay soon

May 5, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  190. MmM64

Stupid lyrics, stupid video.
    Sadly – this girl is showing how mature she's NOT.
    A little insecure, too.

May 5, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  191. tara

To a mother who has taken my daughter to 2 Miley Cyrus concerts when in Nashville as birthday gifts. Her new ways and actions are very disappointing. I think a 17 she doesn't know who she "is" yet and the actions she is taking as a young girl in the public eye now will scar her forever. To her parents she is still a minor you do have the say so in the things she does and career path she takes. But look they are getting what they strive for lots on public attention. It's just ashame my daughter has always been a fan on Miley's now I have to sit her down and tell her she not who you thought she was. We enjoyed the Hannah Montana show together the southern twist really gave us something to laugh about and relate to.Now I wish I would not have encouraged it. I have heard this song and I believe I heard the word hell in it. What a disappointment...

May 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Mike

ok. did you people expect her to make tween music her whole life? you're never satisfied. if she had, you'd be talking down on her because she'd be 20 and still making kids songs and "never moved on"...

this is her career and her life. if she has more influence on your children than you do, is that her fault, or yours?

May 5, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Tony

Sweetheart, you have all the money you will ever need. Get away from the machine that will chew you up and spit you out. Get away from the media. Go buy 10,000 acres in Montana or a nice island.. or both.

May 5, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Dilly

Yuck

May 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Ryan

She can't sing, and she can't really act. All she has is her fathers contacts to make her "big". Parents, it's time to tell your kids to tear down their Hannah Montana posters, get rid of her albums and videos, and stop buying into her crap. We all need to shut the radio off or change channels when her song comes on and we all should just avoid her new album. Stop giving her money and maybe she will either realize that she sucks or should change her ways. Boycott her in everything that she does. Talk to your children and tell them how wrong what she is doing.

I guess the next place we will see her is in Hustler or Penthouse....she doesnt' deserve a classy mag like Playboy.

May 5, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Donna

Miley why don't you fire your agent & your Dad , I know they must be the reason behind this sudden transformation. It didn't work for Britney & it won't work too long for you. All that will happen is you will be trading your adoring teen fans, you know, the ones that made you all that $$$$ for a bunch of pervs. You are a beautifu young lady with talent. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood didn't go the sleaze route & you don't have to either. Most important, be true to yourself.

May 5, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Jess

Dont grow up so fast Miley. You have a lifetime ahead of your so enjoy your teen years. There is no need to do risque videos at your age. If you continue the way you are going you will be just another washed up Britney or Lindsey.

May 5, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  198. canoeman

I saw her in an interview, shes kind of a crude , chubby, sailor mouthed future has-been burn out.
    the future isn't good for this trailer trash bunny.

May 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  199. 30 something mother of 3

People she is almost a legal adult...she can't be a teeny bopper forever. I agree with Music Lover

May 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  200. CFO

Why are so many females willing to back her moves? And how many of the parents commenting here actually allow their kids to buy CD's or iTunes songs? Americans are perpetuating this decades long disaster. Say "NO" to your kids. Discipline your kids and teach them right from wrong. Do not allow them to watch or listen to this garbage, but be prepared when they do this and other things behind you back. If we refuse to pay for this garbage for our kids to absorb and mimik, it might actually become less of an issue. As someone else said, these kids are not Roll Models, but we allow them to be. ( I do not have texting for my teenage daughters, nor do I allow them to purchase music)

May 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Jon Dunnemann

Miley is one of the most talented young women to ever come along. The girl has personality, spirit, a voice that is as sweet as pie and she is a darling kid. But as we all know, no one can stay a kid forever. Let's wish her well as she transitions into young adulthood. We should applaud what she has already accomplished and yet keep our expectations high that she will keep her head screwed on tight as you aims for new artistic discovery. She deserves high praise. Every parent would love to have a daughter like Miley, I know I would.

May 5, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Music Lover

uh hello, it's Miley Cyrus, what do you expect??... If you are not her fans then don't listen to her music or watch her music videos. I am not her fan either but I don't need to say negative things about this young kid. Let her live her life and do what she loves. I just hope that she won't become such a hot mess... Gosh, I wish I was young/single again so I could play dress up and going to the clubs like she does...

May 5, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  203. e141

What a dumb song. Miley is not a 10...

May 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Stacie

Okay I see that she can't "keep the same fan base forever" I understand that, but let's see it for what it is, that "fan base" made her popular what she is doing right now is trying to break into a more mature (for lack of a better term) audience at 17. I'm sorry but at 17 no girl need to dress like that and dance provocatively, it's hard enough for teenagers these days to "fit in". Daddy Billy doesn't want her to be a has-been like he was so he and her mother allow this, as long as the money comes in who cares right? We'll see what happens to her in the future but sadly I would have to agree with all of the people that said the next Spears, Lohan and Hilton. Next to go down the tubes, Taylor Swift, once her fans realize she can't sing either without electronic help.

May 5, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  205. kkong

Yeah, but she was an American Idol mentor.

May 5, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Pal

very boring...it's not rock n' roll...disco wrapped up in a new rag

May 5, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Ken

Frankly, Miley and her talentless father have more than used their 15 minutes. Time to fade gracefully into a well deserved obscurity.

May 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  208. ANNA CARDINALI

pEOPLE GROW UP.....SHE CANT ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME FAN BASE! BE REAL PEOPLE! SHE'S GONNA BE 45 AND STILL CATER TO 9 AND 10 YEAR OLDS?????? LIVE IS ABOUT CHANGE! LOVE LOVE LOVE MILEY!

May 5, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Katrina

Sad. . . Miley doesn't get it, she's a nightmare. "I'm hot like that, Guys everywhere give me mad attention, I'm under inspection, I always get the 10's cause i'm built like that." Eeek!! She says she wants to be free. Hey Miley, why don't you really be free and stop seeing and judging yourself through the eyes of men. You wanna be free? Go back to school, start with Woman's Study class, and get a college degree.

May 5, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Mike

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Wake me when this is over.

May 5, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  211. SBlackmon

What is it with every child star trying to prove they aren't a child anymore? Britney, Lindsay, Tara, etc. Everyone transitions from child, to teenager, to adult. But most of us don't feel the need to prove to the media that we are transitioning. She wants to be unique and stand out, then, hey do something other than rebel! She's doing nothing different than the ones before her!

May 5, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Carla

If Miley and her family played their cards right, they would get out of the business and go live a good life - a life with quality. Don't go down this path - truly. The Cyruses have been building Miley up to this point so she can appeal to an older audience. It doesn't work. You will turn out like Brittney and Lindsey - get out of the business and enjoy your life. This lifestyle isn't worth it. You have enough money - RUN NOW!!!

May 5, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  213. OMDUSA

While not very original, her lyrics and music do reflect typical adolescent angst, and is a reflection of her growing independence and maturity. I would worry if she would sing about keeping herself pure for Jesus (and her husband) or express her love of fluffy things (like unicorns and ponies), or wear a purity ring, or whine about how much she loves her teen boyfriend. That would really make me want to hurl.

May 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Jean

For goodness sakes, my kids watch her on Disney and she is outgrowing that crowd as they are out growing the "little kid" shows. Let her move on...if she can and adult audiences like her she will be successful, if not she wont. I dont think her family can be compared to the Spears or Lohans. They seem to genuinely love and support one another, not always perfect, but who is? Good luck Miley!

May 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Joe in NJ

Musically she never had any talent. She was forced down the throats of 10 year old girls who became her core fan base. Now that her primary fans have gotten older and moved on, she has to resort to shock value to get attention.

May 5, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  216. mom of 15 yr old

omg give her a break! She's just a kid going through what everyone does – teenage rebellion – only diff is that she is having to grow up in front of the world – we've all done stupid things & dressed trashy at one time but we were never caught in the media lights while doing so!

May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Carlos

I'm amazed by the comments I'm reading. I actually like a few of her songs! You people need to get over yourselves, teenage girls will always be teenage girls, I think it's pointless to put the britney and lindsey tag on her, I think everyone has had a britney or lindsey moment and probably laugh about it! Plus I'm sure there's a bunch of you out there thatfervently enjoy watching her in those outfits.

Please, how hypocritical!

May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  218. danielle..

Really.? I mean her clothes in this video are kinda revealing... andd maybe she needs to put some clothess on..but i like Miley Cyrus. soo i dont believe that these comments are veryy nice... pluss everyone does something stupid. let her make her own mistakes wihout you people critisiizng her. its probably hard to have people pay attention to you all the time. so untill you know whast it feels like to make a mistake publicly SHDDUP.! plus maybe its just a stage.i cant see her being a britney or lindsey, or a paris...! i have kids of my own and i believe shes a great role model for kids...!

May 5, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Sativa

if i were aparent i wouldnt let my daughter act like this but....being that she is almost 18 she has a right to grow up and go in any direction she want.maybe she is going through a rbellious stage. im sure when she grows up and has kids she wont be like britt and lindsay she will realize its time to go from bada$$ kid to grown adult.

May 5, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Anise Blue

I love it when young girls decide it's "original" to hooch it up. She says she's rather stand out than fit in, but she's doing what countless other pop tarts have already done before.

May 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Victor

Please God let her parents keep a tighter reign on her than all those other train wrecks.

Is it me or is everyone that's gone through the Disney showbiz mill doomed to tragedy (Britney, Lindsey, etc.)

May 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  222. lauratj

ANOTHER SPOILED NUDGE<BRAT !!!!

May 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  223. lbw

Heard Billy Ray say he wanted to be Miley's friend. Guess what – she has friends. Looks like maybe she needed a father. Probably too late now.

May 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Robert in Seattle

Future train wreck in the making. Move KimmieK, your replacement is on her way up...

May 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Lisa

You go girl!

May 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  226. voodoomood

just 202 more days

May 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Joy B.

Here's one more sad story of the power of money and fame. I think this was a genuinely good Christian family...like the Simpson family (Jessica, Ashlee) who got caught up in the whole Hollywood thing and lost their sense of self. I feel sad for you Miley.

May 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  228. ak

omg....this is crap.

May 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Mr. Sensitive

Big deal.

She's been selling her azz for years.

May 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  230. DAWN

I wish the parents of this girl would wake up, I've read all these comments and so many people are calling this girl names, her parents need to do what's right by her or she will end up like so many other girls in Hollywood it is ashamed when money is more important than morals and is apparently blinding her parents putting too much emphasis on the wrong things in her daughter's life, what is going to happen to her when she is 25 like so many other "pop" stars, eventually someone better comes along

May 5, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Midwest

just look at all the trashy behavior on TV, movies, books. Women love this stuff. It sells. It is about money. Not role models. Soap operas have been around forever. Who is the audience? Women. It starts at an early age these days.

May 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  232. texas mom

I can't believe how this is turning out. I am ashamed that these young woman feel the need to show so much skin. Yes it is about the music but why do you have to show flesh just to make something sell. The only people that sells to is perverts.

May 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Jeff

deez nutz!

May 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  234. janet

Miley thinks she's all about NOT fitting in??? Paris Hilton, Britney, and Lindsey Lohan are one step ahead of her in this category. When are the young women of today going to realize that men don't have to resort to these low tactics to get respect? It's about time women start respecting themselves and demand respect from others without having to demean themselves to get it!

May 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  235. lmao

Here's an idea: How about you as parents be role models for your children rather than constantly expecting celebrities to do it for you. Miley is 17, more or less an adult, and will do what she wants. Her job isn't to raise your kids for you or be a moral compass for them, it's to live her life how she wants.

May 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Matt

Uh, definitely not a 10... Little does she know the media is playing her like a pawn... "Sure Miley, we think you're a talented artist!" I'm sure her agent is enjoying the profit while telling Miley she's one of a kind. I'll give her another 5 years before the beer gut starts showing and her face gets even worse. What a puppet..

May 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Tara

Her 9 year old fans will NOT get this. I get what she is trying to do.. but my daughter will not understand this. Just sayin'
    More power to her. But she is going to lose the "kiddie" following.

May 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Jo

Slow news day, huh?

May 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Barry

Say goodbye to the "parents buying the tickets/cd's" meal ticket Miley.

May 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Rhonda

Get over yourselves...she is almost 18. She can't cater to all the 6-12 year olds anymore! Everyone grows up eventually. Let her live her life and put out the music/videos that she wants. There are more girls her age and younger that are pregnant or have already had kids so bravo Miley for not being apart of the crowd. Do your thing!

May 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  241. ANNA CARDINALI

pARENTS SHOULD BE ROLE MODELS ! NOT MILEY, BRITTANY OR ANYONE ELSE! SHE IS AN ARTIST! THIS IS HOW SHE MAKES HER LIVING! IF U HAVE LESS INFLUENCE ON YOUR KIDS THAN SHE DOES THAT IS ON U!

May 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Ray

Just watch. She'll be like brittany spears and Linsay Lohan.

She'll get knocked up by some redneck she met on myspace
    be a drunk going out at 4 AM and tripping over cactuses and nobody will buy her CDs and she'll have to downgrade to working normal jobs

"I was miley cyrus you know!"
    "who?"

May 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  243. derecon

As a father, and someone who has a teenage sister-in-law I can actually understand what Miley is doing. If anything, she's not breaking from her teenage fans, she's accomodating them. Actually have a conversation with a teenage girl or see how they act these days and it certainly is not Hannah Montana. I think Miley's actions, as tragic and depressing as it might be, are typical of a 17 year old girl.

May 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  244. lIllII

Sounds very similar to one Brittany Spears way back in the day.

M. Cyrus, the new generation's B. Spears...

May 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Arcturus

Ever hear about a little thing called Teenaged Rebellion?

She's been held under the Disney thumb for so long, what did you think was going to happen when she started to get "control" over her own music / life / whatever?

But yes, I am like the rest of you, expecting this to quickly be a train wreck... Aren't mommy and daddy proud now?

May 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  246. Stacy

The girl will be 18 this year..take a look at what other 18 year olds are doing in the industry without all the criticism.

I think it's just hard for people to go along with the change. At least she isn't doing drugs...yet!

If you don't like it, don't subject your kids to it. Plain and simple.

May 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  247. lol

same ol story, child star train wreck. jonas bros will be next.

who cares,

the only real damage this is doing is to the music industry. it perpetuates that if you dress trashy, put out mediocre music that has more than likely been auto tuned to hell and back, you will be a star.

it's lowering standards, nobody needs talent anymore.

May 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  248. REH

Like daughter like father!!!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Brenda

She can do what she wants in my opinion, but the fact that the target market for Miley's songs is currently children is where the problems arise and the fact that she advertises on Disney which is a channel for children.

May 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Lynn

You are so right pmoney....We saw what happened to Brittney....so sweet and all the young girls adored her then the next thing she is kissing Madonna and hardly any clothes on. I'm really disappointed in Miley....I was hoping so that she wouldn't turn that way. Plus I read an interview where she said she didn't care what people thought. WELL it's the people that bought her stuff and went to concerts. I think she is a spoiled little girl.

May 5, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  251. Clayton

Ew..

May 5, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  252. Delona

Well said TPM & T. Polentz

May 5, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  253. Bill

How lame. When you are wearing little – who is actually going to believe the asinine argument that it's "about the music." Of course, she can't sing either so the argument is moot either way.

She has become a horrible role model for young girls.

Parents – teach your kids values and what is right! Miley has become the perfect example of what girls shouldn't emulate. Be strong, be independent, be smart – don't be like this sad example of a "star."

May 5, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  254. Phyl

May 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  255. Jiterz

Does anyone really care?...Miley sucks....plain and simple. And I don't think she's that attractive either. I have to agree with the "trainwreck" comment....she probably will be the next one!!

May 5, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  256. pmoney

ladies in gentlemen, the next brittney spears/lindsay lohan/paris hilton, inductee in the the hall of shame , watch close as said child star grows up and tries to be an "adult" , whilst gaining new "habbits" and completely humiliating self in front of the world . . oh yes we know you've seen this before, but you know you love it!

May 5, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  257. Lisa

This is why you don't put your child into the world of movies and music.

May 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  258. lame

yawn

May 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  259. TPM

Billy Ray is a pimp.

May 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  260. Devil

sounds like lyrics from a typical rap song to me.

some child singers mature more as they get older ... others just can not let go of what they think they are ...

May 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  261. TnT

We have been waiting for this one to go WILD, and the time has come..so much for a role model for our young girls..

May 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  262. keithmoore1

Boring...

May 5, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  263. deludedfashionscenes

diddo

May 5, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  264. T. Polentz

Move over Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and the rest. The next "grew up too fast" train wreck is on the way!

May 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |