May 5th, 2010

'Idol' Top 5: Find out who is going home

testing captions
testing captions

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

9:55 p.m. - The results are in and the person leaving tonight is ...

Aaron Kelly!

I am freaking out right about now. I can't even believe it.

I love that "Big Mike" takes some time to share some words with him. This is so wrong on so many levels.

9:48 p.m. - The lights dim, and MamaSox has to start a group over by the piano. Oh these wicked games!

"Big Mike" is next, and he has to start a group in another part of the stage. Seacrest has Aaron Kelly stand and he has to go to "Big Mike's" "group." That leaves Casey James to go and stand with MamaSox.

Seacrest tries to get Lee to choose. Come on, you know he is not going to do it!

And the bottom two are....

"Big Mike" and Aaron!

What?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?

9:32 p.m. - Harry Connick Jr. is hysterical!

I love that he called the judges out for their overuse of "pitchy." He looks super serious when he's singing "And I Love Her."

He is such a throwback to the cool cats. Harry is definitely the heir apparent to Sinatra.

But what a strange flow to go from Gaga to Harry. The audience seems to be digging it though.

He totally takes over the stage, and if I was Seacrest, I would be a little nervous right about now cause this dude could easily come on, host, mentor, judge, arrange and lead the band.

The Top 5 sing a melody of Harry's songs, and they sound great. If Casey had sung like this last night, I wouldn't be predicting his ouster tonight.

9:22 p.m. - Yay Lady Gaga!

She's rocking the haute couture beekeeper/sex kitten look. After giving us a little taste of "Bad Romance," she launches into "Alejandro." Is it me, or is this an updated "La Isla Bonita?"

Gaga's dancers even look like Madonna's back-up crew. It's like she's Madge's kid paying homage.

9:15 p.m. – We jump right into the results after we hear from "Big Mike" Lynche and Casey James as to how they feel about Wednesdays.

First up on the hot seat is Lee, who says "you know" quite a bit. Poor nervous dude.

I don't buy for a minute that Simon doesn't like to watch himself on TV. He loves it! I agree with his remarks about Lee's new-found confidence.

Lee is safe and takes his on the stool of success. He looks kind of freaked out.

9:09 p.m. - Everyone does look lovely in their Rat Pack gear.

Hey, there is a mention that Lee DeWyze worked at a paint store. Wow, is this some type of drinking game or something?

I like the backstage look at what the contestants have to deal with on Tuesdays. Where in the world did they find those stand-in judges? That was hilarious!

9:02 p.m. – I like the little Sinatra medley.

Poor Crystal "MamaSox" Bowersox has to carry on solo for the ladies. Way to represent for the ladies, MamaSox – even if you are lip synching.

Seacrest interviewed Harry Connick Jr. as the "guest mentor and band leader." I could very easily get used to hearing the second half of that description.

1. Join Scentsy Deutschland Sell Scentsy Deutschland Become a Scentsy Consultant Canada Sell Scentsy Online Sell Scentsy Candles Online Sell Candle Online Sell Candles from Home Start a Candle Business Online with Scentsy Work from Home Business Online Legit

Thanx for this information, I have been looking everywhere. Cheers!

April 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dave in Connecticut

Lady Gaga is just plain weird. She is no Madonna, not even close. She is not even pretty. I want her to put her clothes back on. She's got her hooks into someone high in the business to get the radio play she gets and shes not even pretty, go figure. She should change the fish net on her face to a bag, and thongs on her just do not work. Yuck

May 6, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marie

Well, if Aaron didn't go this week he would have gone home next week or the week after, as he's definitely not going to win Idol in any case. It's just that this week he happened to be much better than Casey and in my opinion, it's Casey who should have gone first. In the end though I'm sure it will be a Crystal vs. Lee finale and I honestly hope Lee comes out ahead. I have nothing against Crystal but Lee's type of music is more to my liking.
    By the way, what on earth was Lady Gaga doing???? Was that supposed to be a performance? And why on earth didn't she do "Bad Romance" or "Paparazzi" or even "Poker Face?" That song she did was horrible!!

May 6, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chris Kirkpatrick

The sad fact, here, people is that while Aaron was better than Casey consistently he was never going to be the next American Idol. The kid has talent and I have no doubt that once he matures a bit he will find success. Honestly, though, if it wasn't last night it would have been next week. The finale will contain no surprises this year!

May 6, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mark

It is so overdue that Aaron is finally off the show. He was a terrible singer when compared to the originals. He can't be trying to sing Lonestar and Rascal Flatts..CMON!!! What a dork! Casey sucks too and will be gone next week. Crystal and Lee will be the Finale...and thats all there is to it. Thank God Aarons gone...no more cheap love songs...ahahaha

May 6, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rICK

Yeah I miss Siobham too

May 6, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mariann Pepitone

Those that make comments about Casey should try their luck and sign up to perform on American Idol themselves. Aaron was voted off because of public voting. Simon should not have saved Mike then he could have saved Aaron . There is not one good judge in the group.
    Ellen doesn't belong there. She is a comedian. Does not know music.
    Crystal is not a very good singer. And Lee is trying to hard to win over the audience. His voice is not that great. He could never be American Idol. I don't know what is wrong with the voter's.

May 6, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scarlett

Oops - should have been "singing the song" not "seeing the song", lol.

May 6, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bob Sackimano

Oh, and I adore 'Blue Skies' – but Casey butchered that song like a Palsy victim trying to perform brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

May 6, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. Scarlett

I was sad to see Aaron go. I like country music (the Rascal Flatts type anyway) so I liked his voice. And, after hearing the professionals sing live on the show, I realize that the Idol contestants aren't that bad and could be cleaned up in the studio.

My favorite singer would have to be Crystal. I just like her voice and I, for one, only care about what it would sound like on the CD as I don't watch videos or the like and could care less if they have great "stage presence".

I like Lee's voice and find it endearing that he is as nervous and shy as he is, but he often sings out of key and completely off the melody. He may be trying to make it his own - but sometimes I can't tell if he has just changed it past the point of recognition or he has lost his way and is so off key that it just sounds that way.

Casey is, I guess, a cute guy - but again, since I am not 13 years old, I could care less what the singer looks like. Actually that is one of the pet peeves I have about the music industry today. It is more important to look good than to sound good. As a music lover - it drives me nuts. I think he is a better guitarist than a singer and his vibratto needs to be controlled more because he does sound like a goat sometimes. But, when he is singing his genre, he sounds okay. Which could be said of any of them. Could you imagine asking Usher or Jamie Foxx to sing the songs of Shania Twain? There is a reason why an artist generally stays with one genre.

The only one I really, really dislike is Big Mike. His voice is good, but something about his personality really rubs me the wrong way. If I heard him on the radio, though, I would probably like his songs because I do think he has a good voice. I just wish I hadn't actually seen him singing because I can't get the image of all that lip licking out of my head. But, to be fair, it is just something about his arrogance that bothers me and not all related to his vocal abilities, so I can see why he does have fans. And I could actually see myself buying his album as long as I never see him seeing the song because that would probably ruin it for me.

This year I could really care less who wins - but, I haven't reached the point where I've lost interest completely. Thank God for the DVR because I don't think I could watch it without being able to skip a lot of the crap (like Lady GagMe).

May 6, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. Bob Sackimano

Lee better be careful. His dimwitted expressions and lack of confidence could end up being his downfall. Voters are clearly choosing Idols based on appearance, not necessarily talent or style. The judges are steering the audience with comments. (That is the only explanation to why Big Mike is around 4 weeks after he should have been shuffled off).

Lee has the best voice, but his Gomer Pyle Gas Station Attendant expressions and demeanor are going to catch up with him. At this point, audiences want someone confident who feels that they belong there.

May 6, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Michideli

I enjoyed the show last night, for some strange reason; I guess It's when Harry totally dissed Ellen....I was Like "Whoa"..lol..Love It!!.. She deserve It, because She kept dissing him the night before, to the point that he had to put a stop to I,t whn he realized that she was overdoing It. I believe America got It right last night...I'm sure nxt week It'll be Casey Or Mike. We jus have to wait and see:)

May 6, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Felice Boucher

I still haven't recovered from Siobhan being voted out! What the heck??

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. Memememememememe

Aaron was not that good. The judges kept saying how good he was and I just never understood it – perhaps it sounded different for those watching television, which seems to be a common issue. He should have left weeks ago.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ohio

I totally disagree. And I disagree with the judges. Casey has a fantastic voice and he did nothing wrong in singing his song. I'm a 50 year old mother and yeah, he's cute, but that's way besides the point. He reminds me of Bob Seger for those of you who grew up listening to Bob Seger. Not only is Casey amazing on the guitar, his voice – as he proved the week before – is fantastic. I like Aaron, too, but it got to the point where it was boring when he sang. He doesn't play an instrument and he has ZERO stage presence. My fave is Lee and then Crystal, but Casey should be third and then Mike.

May 6, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  16. deb

I think Aaron has a much better voice than Mike, Lee and Casey. The problem with Aaron is that he's just not marketable yet. I predict that in a few years he could really take off. He has a great voice and is never off key like Lee. I think Lee seems like a very nice guy (humble) but he's always off key. I don't get why so many people think he's that great of a singer. Crystal is the best and should win. She has an outstanding voice and knows how to use it. Just the tone alone of her voice is like butter. All of them need some mentoring and polish but I predict good things for Crystal and Siobhan, my two favorites.

May 6, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. Just A Thought

@ Melanie, I agree Lady GaGa was horrible and I'm glad I could FFwd thru it. I'd sooner here the pants on the ground guy and she bangs compared to that!

May 6, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  18. Melanie

I was watching on live TV not DVD. I wish I was watching on DVD then I could have fast forwarded through Lady GAGA. I was appalled at her outfit. He butt showing, at least the camera didn't show ALL when she turned around. This is supposed to be a family show. Please do not put that trash on anymore or you will loose me for sure.
    Why do people need to be so wierd? I have to agree with most, I am surprised that Aaron wasn't voted off long ago. He needs to mature and keep singing. Lee is my favorite. He just needs to show more excitement. He seems as if he is scared to death. Hopefully Mike will go next week.

May 6, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. Judy Zion

I think Casey James is not just a cuite but a great singer and performer. Cyrsta, Lee and Big Mike are good to but over all I think Casey has what it takes to make being our next Amercian Idol. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Thanks

May 6, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  20. d

Kara was incorrect for criticizing Casey for his fast vibrato. A vibrato is natural – it is what it is – and it cannot be changed by the singer.

May 6, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. joyce

Sorry , when the best voice left, so did many of us...We just don't watch anymore. We can get the results, if we care, on our news web pages like this one. Thanks for the info.

May 6, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  22. Max

Casey and Mike should share a bus ride home...

May 6, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  23. KATHY F

Thank God people got it right.. Aaron shouldve been gone a long time ago.. He doesnt have the makings of any Americn Idol.. and the next one that is loooooong overdue is Lee!!! He doesnnt have what it takes to be an American Idol.. Casey stinks.. cute as hell but not the winning ticket.. I feel it should be down to Big Mike and Crystal, and if you ask me, Crystal is a little too full of herself.. I would love for Big Mike to win, and Crystal can take a step back and know what to do when she sells her first album..

May 6, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  24. Earlene Vanderlinden

I can see Harry taking Simons place when he leaves. How great would that be?

May 6, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  25. Nathan

The male dancers of Gaga fondling each other during her performance was a bit much for a family show....

May 6, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  26. roy

I'm happy. My picks have been:
    1-Crystal
    2-Casey
    3-Mike
    4-Lee

May 6, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. Barbara Chamberlain

Lee had better take the hole thing, he by far is the best singer left....Casey definately should of gone way before Aaron, my prediction, Lee wins it all, then Crystal then Big Mike and see ya Casey......and they better not invite Ellen back next year all she does is comment the same way that Randy does but in her own words, idol needs to get Paula back she was the best.......

May 6, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  28. larry

Seems to me, every year when there's 5 or 6 contestants left, they always get it wrong, my favorite was Chabone,she's gone thanks to the judges always ragging on her influencing the voters, since then, i wont watch it anymore, theres really no one who stands out

May 6, 2010 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  29. MC

Casey should have been gone over Aaron, though at this point it's just a matter of time before Casey and MIke are out. If Casey survived that awful Sinatra number, then I would guess Mike goes next week. MIke should have been gone weeks ago anyway. Lee will win this thing.

May 6, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. Dan

I was glad to see Aaron go. He's so boring compared to the others. Though, he was better than Casey on Tuesday. I'm still cheering on Crystal, but she's been playing it safe the last couple of weeks.

Who decided to combine Harry Connick and Lady Gaga on the same show? Lady Gaga is just too freaky. Poker Face was ok; though, Cartman singing it was better, lol.

May 6, 2010 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  31. annieL

Not a fan of Aaron, he's just too young and sweet to be believable singing grown-up songs. But Big Mike is the one who should have gone long ago and never should have been saved by the judges. For all his super-dude, big guy confidence (arrogance?), he's really a weak, shallow singer.

May 6, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  32. Richard

I think Casey James just had a bad week, I am glad he is not gone. Aaron Kelly should have been gone a long time ago. Way before Andrew Garcia.

May 6, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  33. DAVE

Well once again we have witnessed the results of a popularity contest rather than a telent show. I wish Aaron all the best.

Now about Lady Gaga.....................are you kidding me!!! What the hell is the music world coming to? She sucks big time!!

And my final comment. Is American Idol is having trouble getting getting qualified mentors? Jamie Fox!! Get real.

Getting tired of this show. I think I'll go and sort out my sock drawer.

May 5, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. greg

you're nuts, aaron should of been out 5 weeks ago. they should of just kicked off aaron, mike, and casey so we can get to the finale that we all know is coming. i think lee has taken over as the front runner.

May 5, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ron

I totally agree. Casey James should have gotten the old heave-ho tonight.

Oh well. They just lost me. I won't be watching American Idol the rest of the season. Of the four remaining, I don't care who wins. I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking. But they will sell a lot of tickets for the summer tour with Aaron Kelly and Tim Urban on the bill.

American Idol numbers will drop significantly next week. You watch! I sure won't.

May 5, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Dana

Found myself making kissy faces at the TV....somehow husband doesn't seem to like Harry....

May 5, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. bigstudartichoke

Thank God! It is about time–glad to see him go.

May 5, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Siavm

I need to remember to vote because Big Mike in the bottom does go right with me. He was the best last night and many nights in my opinion. I liked casey at first but now it is not working out. Aaron leaving was going to happen but I thought after last night he would at least have one more week.

May 5, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. michele

i guess everyone went to bed confused...........i still cannot fantom that casey and crystal weren't in the bottom 3.........

May 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. michele

LOL MOZART

May 5, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. AaronKellyfan7

i no longer watching idol since AARON KELLY got voted off he was my favorite on idol

May 5, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  42. mozart4898

Yup, I think I'm gonna follow the stream of the regulars and sign off here too – lol it can get ugly here after the results are done ;-)

May 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. beccawenda

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. POOOOR AARON. He did so much better than Casey last night. Casey better do well next week. HE SO DESERVE TO GO THIS WEEK. WHY IS HE STILL HERE ANYWAY

May 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  44. michele

I'M STILL P8SSED

May 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  45. protogere

Thanks Lisa and everyone!

May 5, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. willyboy

well, till next week- bye!

May 5, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  47. davinlcutch

Well everyone...... until next week.. Have a good one!

May 5, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mozart4898

That kid's got poise for a 17 year old. To still sound like he does here at the end after just being eliminated, that takes guts. I don't think we've heard the last of him.

May 5, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  49. James S.

Actually, I just read that Kris Allen's first single went platinum.

May 5, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  50. protogere

Willy if I understand it right, they don't measure the votes just simply the ease of getting an open line vs. a busy one.

Casey should count himself exceptionally fortunate. He proved last night he is nothing without his guitar.

May 5, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jabirah

Crystal is the best singer on American Idol this year. I do not know why Lee is considered so good. Big mistake America. Just like last year. Who is Kris Allen again?? The last two should be Big Mike and Crystal. Casey and Aaron should have gone home long ago. Is this a popularity contest or singing contest? People, whats really going on??

May 5, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  52. davinlcutch

It was a good run for the youngster. He definately was never terrible.... he wasnt the American Idol, but he is talented! Way to go Aaron.... enjoy it little guy!

May 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  53. mozart4898

And Aaron's the one out?! Well, of the two of them, that was the right choice, but I didn't think he was the one that'd be going tonight. Doesn't quite seem right, but on the other hand, I guess it's nice to see that Mike's singing has kept him in still.

May 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. James S.

Every week I keep hoping another option to vote Seacrest off the show will magically appear. *sigh* Not this week...AGAIN!

May 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. willyboy

It's aaron-– OH DARN!!!!!!!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Ann

Yay, Casey's fans came through!

May 5, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. willyboy

Aaron had more raw votes than mike from the dialidol site-

May 5, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  58. michele

NOW I'M P*SSED........

May 5, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. protogere

Unreal. Well of those two, I hope it's Aaron that goes. I know that the media has been trying to bolster support for him the past week, giving the sad story about he and his brother and the fire that forced his parents to give him and his siblings up for adoption etc. Having a rough life doesn't make your talent improve.
    That being said, I think if he came back in a few years he could walk away winning just because he does listen and work hard to grow, but between he and Mike – he doesn't hold a candle.

May 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. mozart4898

I just had a small heart attack. I thought there was no way that Crystal and Casey were the "safe" two considering Casey's performance last night. There's the "eyebrow raiser."

Between Mike and Aaron...shoot, I don't know. Aaron is the weaker singer, I guess. But I'm thinking it'll be Mike going. He doesn't deserve to after last night.

May 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. beccawenda

CASEY IS NOT EVEN IN THE BOTTOM TWO. WHAT IN THE WORLD

May 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  62. willyboy

I can't understand why Casey still sqeaks by every week– he must have a HUGE fan base--

May 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  63. michele

PRO................THEY ARE RIGGING THIS SHOW.....IT IS SOOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS NOW..........

May 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mahala

Ohh it is between aarpn and big mike! Who do you think is out?!

May 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  65. davinlcutch

Oh my..... how did Casey get out of that one..... it could be either one... Mike or Aaron. But I would have to say it is Aaron's turn.

May 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  66. michele

I CANNOT FANTOM THIS...........I DON'T BELEIVE THOSE RESULTS FOR ONE MINUTE

May 5, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. willyboy

Mike andAaron!!!! bottom two!!!! oh BOY!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. protogere

WTH!! (Where is my bold function?) WTH!!!!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. michele

NO FLUCKING WAYYYYYYYYYYY

May 5, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  70. michele

casey is gonna be safe

May 5, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  71. protogere

That puts Casey with Crystal which matches that site.

Did Casey really just say thank you for Kara comparing his voice to a bleating lamb?

May 5, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  72. willyboy

more results-here we go- crystal first- to the piano- mike to opposite side– aaron to join mike- casey to join crystal–

May 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  73. protogere

Again with the groups! Ugh.

May 5, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

@davinlcutch Glad it's not just me :-)

May 5, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  75. davinlcutch

Oh goodness..... the delay is back! UGH. @ $150 a month you would think I could get the sound and video to be in sync.

May 5, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  76. protogere

Man those dimples, those eyes, that smooth voice – god my husband is going to divorce me if I don't stop swooning at the TV.

May 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ike canada

I am loving tonight

May 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  78. willyboy

Harry really does sing like Frank did- always did like him-

May 5, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  79. davinlcutch

how can you not love a guy with that much personality.......... and cute to boot!

May 5, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  80. michele

did you hear that...her insulin pump is yelling at her......i'm sorry............but...........ok i'm not gonna go there....not gonna start

May 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  81. willyboy

Oh, and votefortheworst switched from Mike to Casey right after he sang-–

May 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  82. protogere

I'm really loving these clips of Harry with the contestants – 'we'll work on colours and shapes next' LoL

May 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Debbie

I can't imagine being even kind of shy and getting up in front of how many millions of people and singing. Lee is doing great!!!!! I kind of like how he does not realize how great he is...... ZERO arrogants.

May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  84. davinlcutch

Lisa.... that is too funny.... I heard that in the song too.

May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mozart4898

Should have never brought up DialIdol – lol. Pretty much yeah, it's saying that Casey was the lowest vote getter, but because of all of their statistics crapola, they couldn't really say with any confidence that ANYONE was safe OR in danger of being voted off. It was like a 5 way tie according to their formulas.

May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  86. willyboy

Just checked MSNBC.com's Idol ratings– Lee# 1, Crystal # 2 Mike #4, Casey # 5–

May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  87. davinlcutch

@ protogere.... yes it was terrible.... that is what i did.... turned away.... kept my head in the laptop watching the blog!

May 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  88. mozart4898

@ willyboy – Lol you think the formula DialIdol uses is bad, you should go check on the ones on the "What Not to Sing" website. There's some statistics majors out there who apparently become real Idol fans.

May 5, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  89. davinlcutch

Was it me....... that song seemed like a cross between Madonna's – La Isla Bonita an Men at Work's – Down Under. I had too much margarita!

May 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  90. michele

that dialidol if i read it right looks like casey will be voted off???????

May 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  91. mozart4898

@ michele – We agree on this one! Actually she usually sounds decent as a singer from what I've heard, but on this performance she's actually even sounded off key a few times. And this song is really just a throwaway – without the visuals there'd be like no real entertainment value here, and I'm not that big on the visuals either. I've only heard a couple of her songs and "Bad Romance" is a lot better than that one as a song.

May 5, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  92. willyboy

Lady Gaga sure has anice costume-- don't particuarly like the song-

May 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  93. protogere

She is a modern Grace Slick really. I don't argue her talent, she obviously has a strong voice and instrumental skills and a creative edge – everything an artist needs, I just don't care for her.

May 5, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  94. willyboy

I tried to read the explanation of the statistical formula that DialIdol uses, but I lost my way–

May 5, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  95. michele

i'm sorry i reallllllllly don't see what people like about gaga

May 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  96. protogere

Isn't that the worst davin? I have that sometimes when I watch it in HD so I turn away and just listen – it's very irksome to watch.

May 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  97. davinlcutch

I LOVE GaGa's artistic expression!

May 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  98. protogere

I'm not a fan of Aaron but he's grown a lot, he kind of reminds me of Clay Aiken in the way that he's grown and matured over the weeks.

May 5, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  99. davinlcutch

mozart4898... i had to deal with a two second delay in video to vocals last night.... I sympathize!

May 5, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  100. mozart4898

Well Mike is #2 in the scoring on DialIdol, but he was the bottom I believe in raw score (actual votes). Crystal was far and away the winner on there in actual votes, but didn't have as many busy signals as the next couple so her calculated score was lower. Hard to really make much from that.

Satellite's back on!

May 5, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  101. davinlcutch

Oh here we go...... eeeeekkkkkk....I'm nervous! Lee is SAFE. He was excellent last night. excellent.

May 5, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  102. michele

lol pro i think casey will be safe.......but crystal is starting to get alot of bad reviews.......mike seems to be safe every time....i like him...aaron..i don't know where to put him yet....lol

May 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  103. mozart4898

Hmmmm...nice. Right when Ryan asked Simon what he thought of Lee, our dish went out. Not that it's raining or whatever here – we've still got reception, but there's no signal coming in from them. The infamous "Sorry for the interruption" message.

May 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  104. michele

i'm realllllllllllly beginning to like Lee more and more

May 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  105. protogere

Mozart that site has Casey and Crystal in the bottom and Mike as #2 unless I am reading that wrong. It shows them all in danger of being voted off – could we be so fortunate? (Man I feel sarcastic tonight LoL)

May 5, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  106. willyboy

lee is safe (of course!)

May 5, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  107. protogere

Lee worked in a paint store Lisa?! Wow, I'm glad you told me, I would have never known. LoL

May 5, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  108. protogere

I'm not particularly concerned with any of the placements except Casey being #5 LoL

May 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  109. mozart4898

There's been a lot of buzz saying that Ryan said tonight's results will "raise some eyebrows." I think the wording would have been stronger if Crystal was going home, but I dunno. I'm figuring Casey is the logical one, so I'm wondering if he's implying Big Mike. Also, on the DialIdol website, I think it was Big Mike that was the lowest vote getter. Don't know though.

May 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. willyboy

I think Lee is #1, crystal/aaron #2/3, mike #4, casey #5- at least that's my take–

May 5, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  111. protogere

LoL Willy. I had my comment all typed and then it said the post wasn't found.
    I don't know that I agree Michele, I really think she has been consistent and true to her own stylings. It isn't going to be something that every person likes, nothing ever is. But if you listen to the quality of their voice and their presentation, you can find something to appreciate.
    I mean, take Lady Gaga. I don't like her style of music, at all. But I think she is incredibly talented and driven – and that I can appreciate.

May 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. willyboy

Here we are following the breadcrumbs-

May 5, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  113. protogere

Cute commercial, plus I love that song!

May 5, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  114. michele

if she isn't in the botom 3 from the last 2 performances............than i demand a recount

May 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. protogere

I've read a lot of people pegging Crystal as the one to go, I just don't know why if she is being judged for her singing. If anyone other than Casey is kicked, then they need to do a recount and let me have a chance to dial in some more. :)

May 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |