May 5th, 2010

'Idol' Top 5 elimination under way

testing captions
testing captions

I am not even going to pretend I am not in it for Lady Gaga tonight.

Ever since I heard she was going to perform, I have been pumped.

We just started with the opening, and it's clear that "Idol" loves some Harry Connick Jr.

I'm thinking they might want to consider him to fill Simon Cowell's chair when he leaves, maybe.

Let's roll.

1. Lin

I think that the show is racist. They have predetermined who is going to win and be eliminated. The last African American female singer was the best singer on this season. Never knew why they let her go.

I was so sick of Chiovane that I was ready to turn off this season. She could not sing, entertainment was inappropriate and she was a mess.

Bowersock is good. she always know how to get the background singers to help her get her message across. Smart on her part!

If simon leaves, I don't think I will continue to watch it. He brings a sense of honesty and integrity to the show!

May 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MANNY

OH PLEASE DONT VOTE FOR MIKE I VOTE 100 TIMES FOR EVERY ONE BUT HIM HUHUHUH I CAN STAND TO WATCH HIM HE BIG DUMMY NOTHING ATTRACTIVE ABOUT HIM AT ALL
    OH MY LAST NITE FRANK S NITE HE WAS AWFUL WELL HES BEEN IN THE BOTTOM I THINK ALMOST EVERY WEEK SINCE THEY SAVED HIM I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE JUDGES THINK OF THAT SINCE THEY SAVED HIM FOR WHAT I WILL NEVER KNOW HE COULDNT BE AMERICAN IDOL FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD COME ON PPLE LEE MAM SOCKS TO BEST ONES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. MANNY

HEY I AGREE BIG MIKE SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN SAVED IAM SO MAD ABOUT LAST NITE THAT BIG OLD DUMPY NON SINGER DIDNT GO OFF IDOL HEY QUIT WITH THE NEW BABY ITS LIKE DANG THIS HAPPENS EVERY 30 SECONDS TO PPLE COME ON FOLKS LETS GET MIKE OFF GET HIM BACK TO HIS BABY THATS WHAT GOT HIM WHERE HE IS NOW ANYWAY

May 6, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bob Hansman

What are you smoking? Aaron is a nice kid, but he is extremely mediocre. Other than yesterday Casey has proven to be consistent and to be honest in another league than Aaron.

May 6, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kitkat68

I don't think anyone should be sent home based on a single performance...especially a "Sinatra" performance. All in all, Casey is MUCH more marketable than the kid. Way better looking, multi-talented and just the overall "it" factor. The kid's voice is very, very shaky (which I hate saying because he is a kid and all of them sing FAR better than I). Nonetheless, in my opinion it should come down to Mamasox and Casey.

May 6, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Phyl

Aaron is gone, next Casey, then Mike, final 2 Lee & Crystal. Winner? Lee. Lady Gaga was horrible. Her costume was not unique, her dancing was spastic at best, her voice was so so, & the song? Absolutely ridiculous!! Please go Byebye Gaga!

May 6, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. Patti Winiarz

Wonderful idea....replace Simon Cowell with none other than the talented Harry Connick Jr.! We can see from last night that he can easily and enjoyable replace Simon.

May 6, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. JUST SAYING

Big Mike never should have been saved!!! His wife having a baby got him on idle anyway.

May 6, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. FREIND

BIG MIKE NEEDS TO GO, WAKE UP AMERICA

May 6, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nick

It should have been Casey but nevertheless, the neigher he nor Aaron
    were likely to win anyway. There is now very little wiggle room, they must be on there best game. Big Mike may be in trouble again.

May 6, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lori WM

Lee will win it over Crystal. My opinion: Crystal was singing live tonight and everyone else was singing along to there pre-recorded voice. Very disappointing...they are good enough now to sing live. Plus, they've cut out multiple songs this year...or does that start with 4 left? All I know is that Lee and Crystal ROCK!

May 5, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. whatever

does it really matter who wins? they're all awful this year, I haven't watched a single episode after the try outs.

it's a bad season!

May 5, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sara Song

Who'd a thunk it !
    AARON ... well let's face it ... he wasn't gonna win it; probably as good a time as any to go.

He has some fantastic opportunities ahead of him.

Now ... who's gonna win? Who's our next AMERICAN IDOL!

May 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. seamus

Gaga – poopoo – OVER-RATED. Madonna look alike and ABBA sound-alike

May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. davinlcutch

Oh here we go...... eeeeekkkkkk....I'm nervous! Lee is SAFE. He was excellent last night. excellent.

May 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  16. protogere

Look again ;)

May 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mozart4898

Huh was it just me or did another topic show up and disappear? Lol are the storms in Northern Ohio tonight screwing with CNN?

May 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. protogere

Breadcrumbs go bye bye?

May 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. willyboy

Yep, Casey's good when he's pre recorded ;)

May 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. mozart4898

Ohh looky...breadcrumbs! Lol...

May 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mozart4898

Well...aren't they usually lip synching on these group number? That said – I'm not so sure that Crystal was on her solo parts. It had a different sound than most of the rest of the medley – like it really was live.

May 5, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. protogere

Well it helps to be able to have it pre-recorded and just have to sing along.

May 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. willyboy

Gee, Casey can sing(unlike last nite)

May 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. willyboy

I'd love to have Harry be a judge. He knows the music business 16 ways from sunday- here's the "group singalong"– not bad–

May 5, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. protogere

I wish they could have Harry as a mentor each week, I mean first of all he's a beautiful man. But outside of that, the guidance he gave them was so perfect and you could really tell for once the impact it had.

May 5, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |