May 5th, 2010

Going Gaga for 'American Idol'

Two words for Wednesday night on “American Idol": Lady Gaga!

The singer/songwriter will be performing during the results show, and I can’t wait! Tuesday night was pretty impressive as the Top 5 took on the songs of Frank Sinatra.

Watch a critique of the performance show:

Just about everyone did well except for my prediction to go home Wednesday: Casey James.

I heart Casey, but he really was dismal compared with the other four contestants. And while I know there has been some speculation that Crystal may be ousted for talking back to the judges, I agree with Idol Fanatic, the app which allows you to vote via Facebook that has more than 33 percent of folks predicting she will be safe.

I’m already imagining what Gaga might possibly wear. During a conference call with Simon Cowell awhile ago, he said he would like to have her on the show, and we all know what Simon wants, he gets.

Looks like the Lady might be stoked to be on the show, too. She tweeted to her followers on Twitter that “I'm performing ALEJANDRO tonight on AmericanIdol! Tune in little monsters, Paws up! I dedicate this performance to u, u make me strong.”

1. Bedding Collections

all of the singers that joins American Idol have great talent but most of them are not born to be great -'-

December 4, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Kaitlyn Rogers

everyone wants to watch americal idol because we love to hear beautiful voices. "-.

June 28, 2010 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. emily1984

I really enjoyed Lady Gaga. Hopefully, these who are posting negative stuff about her are just older folk who are not able to adapt to the changing styles in entertainment. If young children go to the beach, they see a lot worse than what she had on during this performance. You can't hide them away from the world, but situations like the one on Idol with Gaga's outfit, can be an opportunity for a parent to sit a child down and talk to them about what their (the parent's) ideas of decency are. Let them know that you don't approve of the way the person is dressed, but that doesn't mean the person is a bad person. It could be a lesson in tolerance.

May 7, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Smith

Lady Gaga was AWESOME last night...as always.... And all of you talking smack are just afraid of something new...You are the people who didnt actually eat the presliced bread till 20 years later, who still havent bought an HDTV, you are the people that voted for McCain! HAHA you poor poor people who dont have a sense of style, music, and performance. Please people, stop your hating! Go drink some Haterade! Lady Gaga is the "NEW TOP GIRL" so get used to it...and Christina Aguilera needs to step aside, freakin copy cat!

May 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. John Hochwarter

I think "IDOL" could have done a lot better in picking an entertainer for a family watched program. Showing my age,but I`m not referring to Harry Connick. Maybe they just could have asked Lady(loose reference) GaGa to wear a little more, & her dancers not to dance so provocatively, after all, it is a family watched show. I would not been very comfortable watching that show with my 4 children when they were teens or pre- teens Morally"going to hell in a breadbasket" makes more sense every day when this is what our youth see every time they turn on TV

May 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. pat

Lady GaGa is evil, that whole performance was not G rated in any way and there kids in that audience. She is a Madonna want to be.

May 6, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tom scully

So much for American Idol being a show that the whole family can join in on. Lady GaGa(gag me)was outrageous and as far as I am concerned disgusting in her routine. And whoever the director of that pathetic attempt for entertainment was he should be sent packing to MTV. If American idol wants to continue with high ratings and wants to continue to bring to the TV the entire family then performances like what we saw last night (lady Gag me) should not be a part of what I have fount to be enjoyable entertaiment for the WHOLE family.

May 6, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Just A Thought

@ Carolyn – I do believe Simon has had on a sport coat the last few episodes or at least something a step above the usual t-shirt. So he has been stepping it up! Now if we can just get the singers to step it up!

May 6, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. Just A Thought

@debbie1433 – good ol Italian gal from new york???? Then she's not italian! She's American with at best Italian blood! Great music to dance to?? wow, If her dancers were any indication – I'd hate to see the crowd that dances to that! - Lady gag gag!!

May 6, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Millie Bea

Sheesh, she was awful.

Harry Connick should replace Simon next year.

May 6, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. pag

Lady Gaga went gaga last night. Her outfit was unsuitable for a program my 8 year olds watch. I made them get into their PJ's while she performed. Put some clothing on lady, the poor cameramen had a hard time not showing your backside. Good old Italian girl ?? I think not.

May 6, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. carolyn

I agree with Shelby--Lady Gag Gag--I watched and had a heck of a time deciding if she was a beekeeper with the garb or what......she may have talent, but since I am not a fan-not going there.....but I just did not get it as Randy Jackson frequently comments, why not just let Harry perform some good solid tunes.......but then again, what Simon wants Simon gets and if the show returns for another season--thank goodness we will not have to endure that way too casual look (tee shirt)....put on a sport jacket or something–he looks totally 'uncool" sitting next to Kara.........

May 6, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. debbie1433

Lady Gaga, like her or not, is quite an entertainer. Not to mention a gifted songwriter, great singer, good ol Italian gal from new york. Great music to dance to!!!

May 6, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mr. Phil

@Mrskool:

They were "terrible" on Tuesday night, yet you're looking forward to Lady Gaga? Shows how much YOU know...

May 6, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  15. Shelby

All I can say is LADY GAG GAG!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ummm...

Thanks @Jeff P! I really wanted her to win!

May 5, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. davinlcutch

and HERE WE GO!

May 5, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. protogere

I'd rather just hear Harry perform, I'm not a Gaga fan.

May 5, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jeff P

If anyone is interested, Isome pre-Idol performances by Lilly Scott is on youtube. Just type in "Lilly Scott Edgewater Coffee House" and you can find several of her performances. By the way, I think Casey is going home tonight and Lee had the best performance last night.

May 5, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Bored

Gaga, yawn.

May 5, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mrskool

"AI raises standards" ... "Top 5 step it up" ... "Tuesday was impressive" ??? ... NOT !!! LOL... Last nights show was a joke !! They were all terrible. The entire theme was ridiculous. The only thing good about the show was Harry's humor and Simon getting a gift from the Sinatra daughters. Thankfully we have Lady Gaga to look forward to tonight.

May 5, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Music Lover

Well, I don't really care who performs or not... Just wanna find out who's going home this week... Hopefully it's not Lee or Crystal...

May 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |