May 4th, 2010

A night of Sinatra tunes: Did we love it?

testing captions
testing captions

Look at those five people above cause one of them is going home.

I really wish they could have Harry Connick, Jr. as the mentor every week. He really brought out some great performances from the Top 5 tonight. And the arrangements were superb.

Is this year's "American Idol" going to be a man or a woman?

Discuss!

« Previous entry
  1. C'los

THA SHOW SUCKSSSSSS!!!!!!

May 6, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. Golden

Harry was undoubtedly the life of the party. I agree that Aaron and Casey were the weakest performers. Crystal did not do her usual fantastic job, but she has undoubtedly been the most consistent. Lee and Mike did very well with what they were given to sing. The bottom line is no one can sing Sinatra like Sinatra. I am not surprised to see how many of you bash Big Mike. He has consistently been voted in the bottom 3 regardless of how well he has done. My bet is that he will be signed and go on to have a decent career. There is a thin line between arrogance and confidence and I think many of you confuse the two. The guy is simply comfortable on stage and is confident in his abilities. I believe that many of you feel the same way about Crystal. Like them or not, I really hope all of them do well for themselves. It is also clear that many of you have a preference of what genre you like. That doesn't make the others bad performers.

May 6, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. jeff

Just wondering .... can anyone out there spell anymore?
    Harry C., Jr. = great
    Lee=nice job!!
    Crystal=please invest in some much-needed dental work, very off-putting!
    Casey=Sinatra could be his downfall, too bad
    Aaron and Mike+ you're outta here!!!

May 5, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. O

Aaron is a creeper, now that I think about it.

May 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mrskool

:( SINATRA SONG NIGHT WAS A JOKE ! Apparently AI is aiming for the over 80 audience. Those of you who keep trying to sell us on the most boring theme imaginable must be old or have stock in the show ! Harry did these kids no favors with his arrangements and not a single song was marketable. THEY WERE ALL TERRIBLE ! ! Casey will go home because he was the most off-key of the bunch but seriously, none of them did well, and who can blame them ?

May 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rizzo

I cant wait Crytsals CD is on the market . win or loose this superfical contest , I and allot of people I know will be adding this youg soulful blues artist to their music collection

May 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. O

No one sings like Sinatra. Not just because he is dead – but because his music and style are of another era entirely. I agree with those who have pointed out the contradiction of telling these your people (have to be less than 28 years old to be in the contest) to be contemporary and then ask them to sing these older tunes using HCJ's excellent but likewise authentic-to-the-Sinatra period arrangments. Had IA allowed the contestants to do their own interpretations of these tunes (their own arrangements), it might have been more reasonable.

May 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ellis Island

Crystal nailed it...and it was SUPPOSED to be subtle, Randy!!! Do you not know the song? Harry C. correctly called it as she knows what to do. Jeezzzzzz. She doesn't have to sound like Janice Joplin all the time, guys. She can sing anything (like the "telephone book," remember that, Randy?) She does not need to win this show for her career, BUT, it would be fabulous to see a non-conformer win AI!!!!! Go, Crystal! You Rule!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rizzo

if Crystal gets booted I am throwing away my TV .... .

May 5, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joshua Weikel

I'm with Kat for being descriptive. She's describing what they look like to her. Nothing wrong with that. I hate PC, I don't get someone can be offended by something that isn't directed towards them, and even then, how can someone be offended by someone who they don't care about?

It's called freedom of speech people...and if you say it works both ways...yes that is true, but if you say that then you're a hypocrite for cristicizing her for excising that freedom, then citing that same reason as a justification for criticizing.

This world would be a much better place if we didn't focus so much on what people think, than we focus on what people do.

May 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Steve-O

Aaron should go. I mean, what the hell happened to his eyebrows???

Final should be between Crystal & Lee and I don't care who wins. I likely wouldn't buy any AI album anyway.

May 5, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. craig

All I was saying, Gaga and Spears are all lip sync, light shows, dancers and studio enhanced by computer vocals played on tape when the perform. Talent is Talent. Those two are nothing but an image sold by huge corporations. Everyone on AI can sing better than those two.

May 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. AirForceRocks123

Ras you are right there is no one like Sinatra....ever! I don't think they were all terrible. I do feel that sinatra songs are in a league all their own and they were not use to the type of songs he sings. I Mike was the closest though because he is a crooner. I also think that Crystal did okay. Lee was more confidently looking at times. The other two were lost.

May 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ras

there is only ONE Sinatra ..no one can sing like him. The IDOL kids were horrible last night.

May 5, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. AirForceRocks123

I agree with you ck20.

May 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ck20

Kat – wow. "looks more like a gorilla"? Really. Could you be more offensive? Mike has style and class, a beautiful smile, and just seems like a good guy. And he can sing better than any of the men.

May 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. AMBER

I'm tired of Crystal's sass. She needs to learn to take the judge's advice and criticism. She doesn't necessarily need to do what they say, that's completely up to her. But, I'm tired of hearing her talk back everytime the judges say something she doesn't agree with.

May 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Christine Lommori

they all need to take a lesson from Kelly from season 1 on how to sing with a big band Right??????

May 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. AirForceRocks123

Kat the statement you just made about michael looking like a Gorilla, tells me you meant the way you said what you said about Neicy Nash (the big black lady). You have no sense of what you say evidentley. It sounds a little racey to me.

May 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. roadking

I don't know and don't care about Spears but, I was at the live tapping last week for tonights performance with Lady Gaga and she can definetly sing and play. I'm not certain about the the previous comments on this subject but, everyone's an art critic and likely with no real qualifications. Saddly, most peoples taste is in their mouths. Let the chips fall where they may. It's only TV and if you don't like it tune out.

May 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. AirForceRocks123

Kat....Big black lady? Are you serious? How about the african american lady or black lady (or even better go online to the show and give that big black lady a name). This world amazes me sometimes. I did say I am glad we can express ourseleves in American, but try to be respectful with it please. You probably didn't mean anything by it, but it sounded awful.

May 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. kat

As much as I hate hate Micheal because he looks more like a gorrila than a person but I have to admit he was better than all.

May 5, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  23. crapmaster

I think last nights show really seperated the wheat from the chafe. The songs were melodically difficult to sing and the singers who did the best vocally were Mike, Lee and Crystal. These three have pretty much had flawless vocals from day one. Aaron held his own very well (He has incredible talent for his age) but he was a little flat as was Casey.
    I think it'll boil down to Mike, Lee and Crystal and judging by the way the majority has voted, it'll probably come down to Crystal and Lee.

May 5, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. craig

I agree with Rizzo. There is no way Gaga and Spears can hold a candle to Crystal. They can't even sing, all their vocals are done in a with a computer. Have Gaga and Spears stand on a stage with a mike and sing live, they can't do it. Crystal is true talent.

May 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  25. kat

unfortunatly Casey will go home 2nite but not because he's not talanted but thats the way it is, on DWS do you really think that the big black lady danced better than Pamela? give me a break everything is politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DrMabuse

Nobody can touch Sinatra. But some fared better than the others. Casey and Aaron should go this week and next, and leave the real singers for the final 3.

May 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. cindy

Loved Harry Connick.........
    wow Crystal:)...bit odd to see Crystal without her guitar......maybe not her best performance but she got better as it went along...loved the dress...don't think she got too sassy.....she just gave her point of view....
    Big Mike was very good but Dewyze was the BEST (he's so appealing) last night, no doubt about it!
    who's gonna go? the teenager or Casey.......

May 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. john

The categories this year are as boring as they can get. Give me some rock. Bring back Adam Lambert.

May 5, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Dee

Who's Frank Sinatra? Never heard of him????

May 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Alida

I really think they are all very talented in their own field of singing. Sanatra
    wasn't any of their fields.

May 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. AirForceRocks123

I am really upset that everyone is so against Big Mike. He is the only one besides Crystal who seems to be the most comfortable on stage. I feel that it shoulkd be Mike and Crystal in the end. Lee is to scary still and stiff. He has an okay voice but it does seem loud and nasally. Aaron is okay not ready yet though and although I love Casey, because he is a hottie! He can't sing certain types of songs well, i think Sinatra night was too much for him, especially without his guitar. He seems a little lost. Crystal and Mike also look like they belong on the stage, they connect with everyone so well. like I said Lee is over rated to me, he has an alright voice, but he always looks uncomfortable. Sinatra night he loosened up a little. He also has that white luggy stuff in his mouth when he opens it wide. I know that is picky, but everytime he sings I see it and it drives me banana. i keep wanting to say, okay you can swallow now. I know some people will not agree with I am saying, but that's okay that's why I love American. You can say what you want. I don't think it is necessary to be rude to people though. Respect what other people think.

May 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Joshua Weikel

I thought it was a horrible theme, Lee was the stand out, but that doesn't say much. He was very good, when everybody else was average at best. Frank Sinatra isn't right for Idol, especially when the judges always want the contenstants to sound like the songs they sing could be released on a record today. All this music was older than anybody on the show, and it's way too much of a stretch to update it, especially with Harry Connick Jr doing the arrangements, they would have gone out of his wheel house. I think Casey should go home.

I really want to stop watching the show, it's just too annoying; but I just can't seem to bring myself to stop, I've been watching since season 2 and there's only a few episodes left this year, but I really hope it's the last year, and wish they'd just get rid of Casey, Mike, and Aaron and have the Finale with Crystal and Lee already. The results shows are unbearable too, but I always watch them, and just FF through the performances that they just HAVE to put on to showcase the talent that their label has. I hate it so much, someone just please put me out of my misery.

I do really like Ryan though, and Harry Connick Jr was great, I think he is one of the most under recognized talents in show business. I love Simon too, but only when the whole thing isn't a waste of his time. He knows what everybody else does, nobody in this season is going to ammount to anything, at least not anytime soon. There is no actual Idol here.

Now I wonder...will there be spoilers in tomorrows headline like there was for 24 yesterday? They don't spoil it for me, but it's ludicrous for CNN to do that.

May 5, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ck20

The star of the show? Frank baby! I love Sinatra, and cringed at the thought of some kids singing his songs, and worse yet, imagining there are young viewers out there who never heard of Frank or Harry Connick, Jr.

As far as the singers – Mama Sox is just awesome. Whatever she does. If she wins or loses, she'll get a record deal, and I'll be first on line to buy it.

Mike is also excellent. I'm glad he got the save a few weeks ago. He did great last night.

Casey has sucked since day 1, so I'm hoping tonight is the night he finally goes home.

Aaron is a cutie – not ready for primetime – but he can still sing for a young'un.

Lee reminds me of Danny Gokey, and while he's a good singer, there's nothing memorable about anything he does.

May 5, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Shelby

I wish RuPaul was the mentor one week – wouldn't that be funny and interesting. Just envisioning Big Mike in Drag – oh yeah!!!

All kidding aside, liked Lee the best and tired of all the rest.

May 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Michael

Casey and Crystal will be the bottom two. Casey will go home. Aaron and Michael will be in the finals. Simon is already kicking himself for "saving" Michael, because he really wants a Lee/Crystal finale. Aaron was always going to be in the finals because of who votes (and votes and votes and votes). Think Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Blake Lewis, David Archuleta, Kris Allen. Aaron will win, and he actually WILL sell more CDs than either Michael, Lee, Casey, or Crystal would if they were to win.

May 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ken

Perfect. A pack of imitators goes for Sinatra, an over weening gangster whose inability to croak out a song in the last 15 years of his life made his legend useless. Pretentious...YES!. Buts thats the stupidity of "Idol".

May 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MrsBojangles

Bottom 3 – Aaron, Casey, and Crystal
    Ryan will send Crystal back to safety, but I think Casey will be going home. At this point, he should be the one going home. He's not as strong as Crystal, Mike, and Lee.

Mike and Lee were definitely my favorites last night. And, Harry Connnick, Jr. was a great mentor. (You have to wonder where the AI Powers That Be have their heads when they pick someone like HC Jr. to mentor and hit a home run, vs. picking someone like Miley Cyrus, who could probably use a mentor herself.)

May 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  38. carolyn

I enjoy the show but this has truly been a lackluster season. I think it was good to have a Sinatra theme-filled show–but come on, most of those younsters are not into Sinatra and to ask them to perform some of his songs is insane..... (this was just for ratings and Simon's ego)judges have been sending mixed messages all season.............and while the judges critique may carry weight.......bottom line-– it is up to the American public who watch the show to determine who stays and who goes........

As an aside, if Randy Jackson says "yo dog" or "you man, listen up" one more time I will throw up, enuf is enuf. I think tonight will be either Casey or Aaron although I would really like to see Big Mike go,,,,,

REMEMBER--Opinions are like everything else, everybody has one and no one is right ot wrong..... that is why we still have the freedom (?) to voice them.

May 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  39. lenee

Mike is hard to understand to me. He just doesn't seem to enunciate clearly, I have a hard time listening to him. Lee was outstanding, and Crystal was only explaining herself to the judges in my opinion. Casey and Aaron were certainly on the bottom of the list. Aaron has gotten better than in the beginning, but should have been gone long before this. Who goes home, probably Casey, because Aaron has the teeny bopper vote. Harry is by far the BEST mentor Idol has ever had. Have a good day, and play nice everyone.

May 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  40. George

Love it? Decidedly, Not! Absolutely the worst A. Idol ever!

May 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JT

Oh and I don't care if Frank would have liked it or not - I LOVE Lee! LOL

May 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jlo

I believe Casey or Aaron is going home tonight, as for the WINNER of the show it will be Crystal, mark my word.

May 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. JT

On theme weeks, i suspect much depends on the mentors they can get and they music they favor. That being said, I loved Harry as a mentor even though I'm not a fan of that music. It's good but just before my time.

I think there have been some great comments on more recent theme weeks. It is a young show. I know a lot depends on what AI can get rights to use, but I'd love to see theme weeks for the likes of U2, Greenday who have a nice song selection OR even a generic theme week of songs from 2000-2009.

May 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Suz

Stop! People, the word "cause" is not "cuz"! At least write 'cause since you are using the contraction form.

May 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mystified

If Sinatra was alive, he would have killed himself for having his music massacred by all these so called talents, particularly Lee!!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Judi V.

look it is CRYSTAL with Lee a very distance 2nd – all the others could've gone home weeks ago. Now talent – Harry made the show last night, please have him back often.

May 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  47. DERRICK

I DON' T WATCH THE SHOW

May 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ricki

I love Sinatra but these kids were born after he died! For what reason did they have a Sinatra night? makes no sense to me. Who cares if they can "swagger" or fill up the stage. They wont be doing that when their careers are launced. Keep it contemporary. Lee, rock on!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. TRMontana

I thought having Harry Connick Jr not only mentor but participate in the on-stage performances with arrangements etc. was the best idea this season. Even though Sinatra songs are not "modern" they really bring out a side of the singers that increases the connection with the audience, and show cases vocal ability. I really liked the show.

May 5, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Judi

The ONLY one I could possibly listen sing a full CD is Crystal. In fact, I cannot wait for her to make one – winner or not.

May 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  51. kat

i believe the judges were way to harsh on casey! i hope it backfires and ends up working in his favor.crystal is probably the best singer but way too in love with herself and has an additude. aaron,bless his heart does pretty good for his age but always looks like hes in pain.lee doesnt have much personality,but does great but doesnt believe in himself.mike is real good,just alittle over dramatic.i like casey.sure hes not the best singer but everything has to be taken into consideration.he still is a pretty good singer ,fantastic guitar player,you can tell hes really enjoying himself having personality and is humble.and ya got to admit hes not hard on the eyes at all!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  52. old music sucks

Frank Sinatra, seriously? I don't know anybody younger than 70 who listens to that garbage. One of the posters above was right, there's a reason why Elvis Presley and the Beatles were so successful, people were desperate for something new and exciting. Frank Sinatra – YAWN. If he were starting off today, he would be lucky to get a job singing on a cruise ship. This is just one of the reasons why American Idol sucks so hard, they constantly force these sub-par contestants to sing old stuff that nobody cares about.

May 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tim

If I were Crystal I would throw the show, take a dive, so she does not finish 1st and can then go out and do her own thing and not be tied down by IDOL. Remember she already tried to walk once because she was tired of the BS and Ryan talked her into staying because even he knows she is the REAL THING.
    The judges send mixed messages every week. I think they are the weak link this season.
    You go Crystal!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Wish

Is anybody else tired of hearing Big Mike singing slow songs? He drives me crazy!!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. meghan

i love American Idol but i was so bored by the music that i turned it off after Casey. Hope they have a more modern theme next week.

May 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Kimberly

I think Harry Connick Jr. would be a great replacement for Simom.

Lee had a great night.
    Crystal did great.
    Don't like Mike (never have).
    Aaron did good.
    Casey had a bad night.

I want Mike to go home...he should have never been saved to begin with. I voted for everyone but Mike!

May 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Gary

After last weeks debacle, I stopped watching AI and after reading some of these blogs, I didn't miss much. None of these final contestants will go anywhere. It kind of reminds me the year Taylor Hicks won. How many records has he sold. It's been a disappointing season and after Simon leaves I can't imagine how it will get any better. In my opinion Siobhan is the 2010 American Idol and I'll bet she'll be the most successful of this group.

May 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  58. I am Canadian!

Nothing too impressive last night, but Crystal has the best control of her voice which is different and strong. Lee has a really different tone which I love, more like "The Boss" and although I'm not crazy about Casey's goatlike sound, he is rocky bluesy and I like that...he's also easy on the eyes. Mike and Aaron's voice are more common and Mike has become annoying always singing the same type of song. I give kudos to little Aaron for trying his best. He does have a strong voice and will do well as he gets older. My favs 1-Crystal 2-Lee 3-Casey 4-Aaron 5-Mike.

May 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sherry

This was a difficult week. Each participant excels in his or her own genre. Now everyone can do well during Sinatra week. Big Mike is really the only one who feels comfortable here, and it showed. I would caution everyone to understand that each person is exceptional within his or her own area. Give Casey a guitar and a Bob Seger song, and he is golden. They are all in the top five. That is all that matters!

May 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  60. LY

I think at this point since you know someone has to go that I would have to choose Kasey or Aaron. I will miss either one but out of the 5 they are the weakest.
    I am a fan of Crystal but I dont see her winning. I feel Lee has this one and will be the next American Idol.
    In saying all that I feel all the contestants are very good and I hope they all do well after Idol is over.
    I really wish they would all just listen to the judges and not comment but to say Thank You and They will try harder. It doesnt look good on them to do that... Just a thought.

May 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  61. giopalli

I thought Harry Connick Jr. was the best, nothing else mattered except him and his beautiful arrangements.\BRING HIM BACK SOON

May 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Larry

I wonder how many of you people in here commenting have actually ever played a musical instrument or sang for more than 50 people.

May 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mike

No, nobody can do it like The Chairman of the Board.......leave Sinatra's music alone and do something else.

May 5, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  64. adam

Thanks God they finally got some body who is real to mentor the contestants. I just can not believe Idol got Adam Lambert to mentor and thanks God they let Siobhan go, because she reminds me of Adam Lambert even though she is much better.

May 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mike

I think Casey is going home tonight. However, all the contestants struggled with this type of music. Idol is young people's contest. This type of music should not be part of this contest! Probably not many 60+ year olds watching it.

May 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  66. heapatrouble

screw you guys!!!

May 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kim

Casey might be voted off as he doesn't seem to vibe with viewers.

May 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Mckenzi

CHill dang

May 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. DR

Time to go, Aaron. Long overdue, actually.

May 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Mckenzi

Hey give aaron a break as young as he is, u should be amazed so chill i <3 aaron

May 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Stu

'Betty.....You are an ass. Sinatra my predate you, but this does not warrant your childish comment. He greatest of his period and in his genre, has no peers today.'. Really Jim? How about Torme, the Velvet Fog? How about Tony Bennet? Oh, I think Sinatra had peers and without mafia help as well.

May 5, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  72. A in Maryland

I thought Harry Connick was the best "mentor' so far– he actually seemed to teach the contestants something and having him be part of the performance was a treat. I am a big Sinatra Fan and thought the contestants did an okay job overall. Connick made all the difference and I actually have newfound respect for him. For those of you dismissing the whole mentor concept– AI has done a MUCH better job this season with mixing things up. In the past, they had some real Dinosaurs...the most dreadful example i can think of was Barry Manilow. UGH.

May 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. PK

Siobhan was tough to listen to – I am glad she got voted off. She used her high note scream as a crutch, much like Adam Lambert did last season, though Adam's voice is so much better than Siobhan's.

Tonight Casey is gone. Next week, probably Mike. Would be a hoot if Aaron won, though I think the final one standing will be between Crystal and Lee.

May 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Stu

They panned Crystal but I thought she did the best of the lot considering these are Sinatra tunes. Why not have a night dedicated to Dianna Ross tunes and see how the guys do. <===Coming from a guy by the way.

May 5, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  75. carl harvey

This year they are all mutts. Pls get rid of the fat and untalented mike, who continues to stink out the building!

May 5, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Stratdude

All last night proved was none of these contestants, except for Big Obnoxious, are Las Vegas lounge lizard material. I'm still on the Bowersox bandwagon, she is my all-time favorite Idol, although she does herself no favors talking back to the judges, even if she is right. So what is next, Gregorian Chant week? How about letting these guys go back to singing it their way. Who is going home? The Big I Can Pick You Up Obnoxious dude I hope, but it will probably be the teenager or Casey.

May 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  77. DAO

I still can't believe Shibon is gone...with a choice from who is left it is going to be Crystal all the way to the top.

May 5, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  78. Priori

I just miss Siobhan. Nothing else matters.

May 5, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  79. Bill

I agree with Deb. It depends on what you're looking for. If you want talent and flexibility, I think Crystal has demonstrated that. She doesn't blow it out of the box every time but chooses to be more dynamic from song to song. She's actually the artist of the group. If you're looking for kind of the same thing over and over because you like it, and you don't want it to change, then the others do that pretty well. I've noticed that the judges usually prefer big songs, but I don't want to hear an album full of big songs. Others may....

May 5, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  80. Jim McDonald

May 5, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  81. Kaz

God there are obviously a lot of jealous people out there with some of the comments made about Crystal!

How is she arrogant? Please explain this to be rationally and in correct English. As for her talking back to the judges? HUH! Most of them respond to the judges comments and none more so than Siobhan! And she was way better at turning on the tears than Crystal has ever done. Crystal had one emotional night, the night her Dad was watching in the audience and suddenyl she is accused of doing it regularly! Get real! Siobhan cried about every week, spoke back to the judges everytime they commented on her singing choices and yet you haters out there keep putting Crystal down.

As for her being white trash. Where do you come up with these statements. Inferior complex maybe? She looked a winner lst night, and how many people could carry off a Frank song?

So give it a break, if you have nothing legitimate to say, keep quiet! Or better still, if American Idol is soooo bad, maybe don't watch it!

Crystal and Lee for the finals. With Mike in the top three!

May 5, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  82. Chrisie

Idol please STOP these "mentor" nights – Sinatra!!! these young kids can't sing Sinatra – why bother? they need to be who they are and not have these "nights" of former 2 generation ago celebrity mentor week- no more – let them sing what they want – that's the records they'll sell, not Sinatra songs!! not fair for them at all. you are more interested in getting a celebrity "mentor" than you are letting the Idol contestants sing what they sing best – naturally. I'm done

May 5, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  83. Linda Moore

I think Aaron can really sing, but I think he's too young to go all the way. He needs at least a couple of more years under his belt. Finish High School first! Casey was not good last night. These guys have to master every genre that's thrown at them and he blew it last night. Who knows if that will be the final nail. What's not to love with Sinatra songs and Harry Connick, Jr.....the music and arrangements were awesome!!!

May 5, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  84. jen king

Sinatra is a snore, period. It wasn't the people as it was the music. Of course Casey James was embarrassed as Simon put it. How can kids from this generation even relate to music this old, let alone from someone who's overrated like Sinatra..Frank was all about image and charisma, not talent.

May 5, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  85. Sneater

OMG, who the heck decided on Sinatra week? How boring was that and definitely jeopardized Casey's chances, although I think it's time for Mike to go. Lee was definitely the best last night. We need a Rock and Roll sorta night for these guys. This boring stuff really puts me to sleep !!!

May 5, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  86. deb

Crystal was NOT being "sassy". She was just trying to explain to the judges what she was trying to do with the song. Nothing wrong with that and she thanked the judges for their remarks. She's clearly the only one left (I really loved Siobhan and missed her last night) who is a real talent. The others are just mediocre. Lee is SOOOO overrated. He cannot carry a tune! I love Frank Sinatra but none of the kids did him justice. The judges are always telling them to "keep it current" and then they give them Sinatra songs to sing. Make up your mind! Mike is just plain boring and a little full of himself. Aaron has a good voice but is not marketable (at least not yet...maybe in a few years). Someone mentioned that he could sing Disney songs. I can see him having a career in the music business because he does sing well but there are many venues he could get into. I hope Crystal wins but in a way it may be better to come in 2nd and not be bound by all the AI rules and restrictions. As far as her teeth...people, get over it! That will be the first thing to get fixed. Do you think every singer/actor/celebrity started out looking "perfect"? We just didn't see them before they were glammed up and all of their "imperfections" were corrected.

May 5, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  87. Pat

What is Idol thinking? Even people of my generation didn't like Sinatra.

May 5, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  88. Josh M

My picks for the end are Lee and Crystal, nothing could change that at this point. I think teh rest are just not cutting it, and have had enough chances to prove that. I really think it's going to come down to those two.

May 5, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  89. Lesley

Sinatra songs were a bad choice. Mike is full of himself and has shown no versitality in his performance. He sounds like a church singer. I wouldnt buy one of his songs. I like Crystal and Casey. So what if Casey messed up on a Sinatra song! The producers messed up choosing it!

May 5, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  90. Cheri

Last night showed us that Ol' Blue Eyes really did have something special that today's singers lack. These young contestants really struggled with the songs; today's music is not as demanding of their talent as those from Sinatra's time. It reallys separates singers from nonsingers, doesn't it? It takes stage presence, speical talent, and lots of class to perform Sinatra's songs well. Of all of the contestants, I felt Big Mike did the absolute best job.

May 5, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  91. Ruthie

I think Casey will be going home. I thought Crystal did a great job. When was the last time the panel really listened to and watched Frank Sinatra. For the judges to comment on the singing of Crystal I sugguest they get the recording and really listen and figure out what the song is about.

May 5, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  92. All Ears

Lee is a child and needs to go home to hone his talents for the future. Aaron needs to crawl back to that local coffee shop/ bar in a small town. Big Mike needs go home and join the local R&B in town.

Cyrstal needs to shut her mouth inbetween the songs and producers need stop chosing old fogey music for any of these guys to sing.

Casey rocks! Rock being the operative word. Wouldn't mind him doing Zepplin NOT old fart Sinatra.

May 5, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  93. MzAvon

Only the Chairman of the Board can sing like the Chairman of the Board. This should definitely be the last year for Idol.

May 5, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  94. LindaJean

Without being rude as some comments. Lee was the best last night. Crystal needs to pick up her game... she can be the winner but not if she has another bad night.

May 5, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  95. All Ears

If you asked Placido Domingo to sing Zepplin, you'd have a problem. Likewise, having Casey or Crystal attempt Sinatra is the same. These two are unique and enormously talented, why waste their talent on "Vegas " schlock?

Big Mike has good pipes BUT he is NOT unique, distinct and a "star".....I can find him in any good House of Blues across the nation.

Go "Mama Sox" and Casey babe! U rock!!

May 5, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |

My order for tonight:

1. Mike
    2. Lee
    3. Aaron
    4. Crystal
    5. Casey

Casey WILL be going home tonight. He had a good run, but the end of the road is upon him.

May 5, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  98. Jeremy

I use to watch because I was interested but now I watch cause thats what my GF and I do on tuesdays and Wednesdays. Could care less anymore but here I am writing this..GO FIGURE! Its not good anymore. I cant stand bowersox anymore...tell her just to stop talking after her perfomances ANNOYING! Lee will win!

May 5, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  99. MC

Casey is doomed. Aaron should go next followed by Mike. All three are not versatile enough. Lee will win because of Crystal's two "just-okay" weeks. Whatever happens, please get Mike's wife outta there. Tired of the camera cutting to her jumping around like an idiot.

May 5, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  100. denIseUP

@Betty: You could not be MORE incorrect about Harry Connick Jr. You think he only sings cover songs? He has composed a Broadway musical, at least 15 albums of original music, has won both an Emmy and multiple Grammys, and is also an actor. Get a clue before you post something so ridiculous.

May 5, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  101. Stephen

That was the most boring episode ever. I would have liked the contestants to be able to take the songs out of the genre and do something different with them. Instead they were all forced to try and emulate that style. Boring and bad.

May 5, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  102. Wendy

Aaron ahould go! Sorry kid I really do like you! Boring show last night! BORING!! Harry you are just awesome!

May 5, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  103. jay caulk

Look folks...the name of the show is American Idol..and some where along the line some one has to be idol material..Crystal isn't, period. Mike isn't, period..Lee..maybe..with a big push in smiling and removing the chin hair..Aaron is all that is left that is 150% idol image/idol make up/and idol singing..face it folks..he's going to be the winner, in a race with Lee..Aaron could charm his way into the White House..Lee might get to the front door.

May 5, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  104. LB Colorado

Crystal is top runner. She is her own person. The only thing I have derogatory to say about her is her hair, looks absolutely awful and it looks very dirty. Clean it up and your on your way. You remind me of Janice Joplin, but seriously, the hair is nasty.

May 5, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  105. DJS

Aaron is terrible. I do not know why he is still there. However, Casey was plain awful! In my opionion Mike was the best. Once again, the best pure singer is Crystal.

May 5, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  106. beachmom1

I don't know what the jugges are hearing. Crystal sounded like she was already a star. She has been consistenly great every week. What are they trying to do to her?? Makes you wonder. Haven't they learned thier lessons from the past? Crystal and Mike are the only ones that should be there anyway, bad picks this year from the judges. Lee is adorable, but could he pack a house???

May 5, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  107. RLC in Dallas

I hate to say it but Casey was the "weakest link". Lee, Michael and Aaron were fanstastic but Crystal looked great but picked the wrong song. I'd give the night to Lee with Casey the one going home tonight.

May 5, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  108. Leslie

Chris, I couldn't agree with you more. I've been a singer, performer for about 30 years. We know what we're talking about when it comes to vocal talent!

May 5, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  109. Rizzo

Crystal is in a league if her own . She needed idol to get national notarity . Music busisness is tough . She does not need to win this superficial contest . She has all-ready won in the Music businsness .She is Golden . She will go down as one of the great soul and blues female singers , she has the gift . If you don’t see that you been lstiening to to much Gaga and spears . With all that I still say she wins this , not sure that's what she wants nor do I want that four her . after all they will be controlling her.

May 5, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  110. Leslie

Crystal is the best talent on stage. I wish they'd just put us all out of our misery and give her the win. Aarron or Casey should go home tonight.

May 5, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  111. gabby

I cannot believe all the hype about the performances last night. seriously??!!! they all have good voices – they can sing....but seriously folks would you run out and by their CDs? download one of their songs? have you downloaded one of their performances from itunes?? didn't think so..why, because they are all mediocre at best. I stopped watching this season after like the 2nd week because it was so weak. I happened to tune in last night and instantly remembered why I stopped watching it. Someone will win – but i guarantee that the winner will be one of the 'forgotten...where are they now' idol winners of past seasons unlike Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood. IDOL OUT!

May 5, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  112. Judi

Lee has a smokin' hot voice. That is what will make it in the music business. Crystal as well, the other 3...Casey belongs in a good southern rock band, aaron–unknown, and big mike, just not special enough to make it big.
    Someone mentioned always having the "same voices" as the past contestants, however if you take a look at all the past idol contestants who have made it big, Daughtry, Cooke, Clarkston.....even Gokey's new album is selling great, they all have the "same" sound (voice) that people like. It us who make or break an artist, we buy what we like, so I guess thats what we like.
    I don't see those kind of sales for the "unusual voices"
    Just a thought.....

May 5, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  113. Tom

Frank Sinatra night, give me a break! No one wants to hear these kids sing Sinatra songs. Let them sing the songs that are relevant to their age and to the times. It was bad, I almost did not watch because of it being Sinatra Instead of Sinatra night it would have been better to have a Santana night !!!

May 5, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  114. Guy B.

The judges have no impact on this show!!! Nor is it the many who call in at what ever cost it is to vote. It's the owner of the show sitting in the booth pulling the strings. The producer will keep the young kid to keep the votes coming in from the tweens, they need a female for that vote, then their is the racial vote, so with that in mind, that leaves Casey to go...
    The producer of this show has shown his heavy hand many times especially at the end of last year!!!
    Time for this show to become a memory!!!

May 5, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  115. Literate

The little guy, Aaron is so geninue, and has a nice voice. I am not sure about AI, but I like him alot. Lee and Mamasox great voices. Casey, hmmm, little charisma but good voice. Big Mike, lots of charisma, okay voice. Harry Connick rocks!

May 5, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  116. Whitney

I hate to say it, but i think Casey will be going home tonight. He has a great voice, but its nothing special. Mike, i dont like. He acts like he knows he can sings and thinks he is better. Cant stand people like that! Lee, never liked him at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaron, is very talented for his age! Crystal, i love her! She puts so much emotionally into the song. Thats what makes a great preformer! I hope she wins!! =)

May 5, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  117. cecilia

I really think that Lee is great!!! I think it's going to be close top two of Crystal and Lee. I personally think that Aaron should be third place, Casey is way behind and Mike is just a teddy bear. I think Aaron is more talented that Mike and Casey, he is just very young and needs more experience. I really like Aaron, he seems to have a good heart.

My picks:
    1,2 Crystal and Lee tied
    3. Aaron
    4. Mike
    5. Casey

May 5, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  118. jimmy

Whether you like this type of music or not, Harry Connick Jr. is brilliant. Regardless of this show, Casey will probably be a big star in the entertainment industry. The others, well, you will hopefully never hear from them again. American Idol producers... please change the judges for next season and pick some real talent. What a waste of a season and air time. You're all getting too lazy.

May 5, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  119. Frank S.

My choice would be to can Randy and take Mike with him. How bout that dog!

May 5, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  120. Arlee

Just a thought, because I don't think Frank Sinatra's music is all that relevent, why don't they have these contestents have a night singing their own compositions. Just to see what type and kind of singer they really want to be, who knows? Or have the judges pick a song for them like they do at the end but this music is not showing us anything.

May 5, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  121. Dan

Lee is the one, Casey is done and the rest had a good run.

May 5, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  122. karen

Sinatra night SUCKS. Can we please not force singers to sing this old guys music. This is not Lawrence Welk so please stop making people sing this dudes music!! UGH

May 5, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  123. Trazey

Can we just have more harry connick and forget these 5 clowns entirely??? LOL I lovessss me some Casey but he was the weakest by far so I think it's hometime for him. Is it my imagination or are these TOP five of about the same calibre as the BOTTOM 5 of past seasons?? THey don't seem that great IMHO

May 5, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  124. Ron C

I say the pants on the ground guy should win the year.

May 5, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  125. Mary

What I don't get is you tell these guys to stop singing like old people and make songs sound young and contemporary then you have them sing songs from the 50s sung just the way Crystal did it and then you criticize.

This I think is why AI is going in the dumper. The judges are so intent on saying something profound each week they send out these crazy mixed messages and singers and the audience don't tknow what they want.

Lets have them sing Queen or Elton or something newer they can relate to. Last night (except for the fact Harry Connick is masterful) was ridiculous for this point in the competion they should be rocking it out full blast.

May 5, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  126. Ron C

Casey's not getting up to bat again.

May 5, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  127. bradley

So, since when did CNN start hiring writers that used 'cause' improperly?
    Even worse is the fact that this writer cannot follow simple grammatical construction of sentences. Sorry, couldn't even focus on the subject of this article with how inept its writer was...

May 5, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  128. suzy diamond

Let me start by saying Harry Connick was GREAT! I agree with most, Casey is going or Aaron. My pick for final 2 is Crystal and Lee. I personally love Lee and hope he wins BUT over all this season SUCKS! It's been pretty boring. I can't imagine the show next year without Simon. I think THAT'S when you will see the show take a real nose dive.

May 5, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  129. Lizz

Love Casey....however he and Aaron had the weakest performances of the night.
    I predict Harry Connick Jr will have some sort of hosting gig or his own show....he was funny, personable, knowledgeable and just simply yummy!

May 5, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  130. idol2010PR

I think Casey is going to be the one leaving, he didn't do a great job yesterday and he had a great song in his favor. I think Lee and Big Mike did the best

May 5, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  131. Just A Thought

@ Dott – I agree 100%! Nothing special with Big Mike, same old song and dance every week! He's been true to himself alright, slow, sad, sleepy songs week after week.

May 5, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  132. Just A Thought

@John – So you dont watch other people having a life??? So what did you do for the hour AI was on that was so earth shattering?? I have a life as we all do, and some of us take an hour or more to just sit and relax! If you feel that AI is so beneath you – by all means watch something else, and please don't waste your precious time posting here!

May 5, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  133. mystreT

I agree that Casey was the weakest of the night but I think Aaron should go. That kid is terrible. Lee was the best of the night but Crystal is still my favorite. I think the judges heaped too much praise on Big Mike, especially after what Lee did. As for Sinatra, he was a cool dude but some of his music is 70 years old. Loved Harry though, funny guy.

May 5, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  134. GG

I don't understand why they lie to Aaron. I hope it's not because he's the youngest. If he wants to make it in that business he has to deal with criticism. He is not good at all. I just don't understand.

May 5, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  135. Jana

I am still all for Crystal winning. She's the one that has the most talent of them all!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  136. Dott

I think that MIke should go home. He is so ordinary, nothing special about his preformances to me. A dime a dozen. Casey was off but as a rule he is usually right on. I hope that Mike goes home and they keep Casey.

May 5, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  137. Pat

In the Sinatra vein, The best is yet to come, won't it be fine....
    Casey was dreadful last night, vibrato all over the place. Aaron is just creepy. Crystal can sing the sox off anything, Big Mike was great and Lee sounded great, but did his microphone cut out? At one point I thought he'd forgotten the words (and I know the words).

Going home tonight, long overdue, Casey and next week Aaron, then it's anybody's guess.

May 5, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  138. Just A Thought

Sorry, I didnt see Crystal missing any words. Sounded like another nice performance to me. Not as good as Lee but still lots better than Aaron and Casey!

May 5, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  139. Pat

Harry Connick Jr. was AWESOME! So great to see him on stage, really mentoring. The arrangements were great too. Thought Mike and Lee were the best.

May 5, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  140. Frankie

All performances were mediocre at best, I have seen better Sinatra at the local bar. Frank would be rolling over in his grave. No talent this season!

May 5, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  141. ol'blueeyes

All season long the judges have been complaining that the contestants are picking songs that are too "old" for them...then the producers choose to do a Sinatra night!!!??? That just makes no sense.

May 5, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  142. AdamofMadison

Since there's been just about nothing but crap written over the past two or three decades, I'd rather they not be allowed to "sing whatever they want". It's bad enough already.

May 5, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  143. Jason

Some of you people are crazy.

While I enjoyed Crystal at times she seemed get drowned in the band on the stage. While with Mike and Lee they chose songs that didn't make the band become obnoxiously loud during the performance. Aaron was just average, but for those who say he can't win, let us not forget Jordin. Casey is a rocker and as far as I know Frank didn't do any collabos with The Beatles. So it was not the right week. It may have been his misstep.

With that being said I still have Crystal winning, but Mike and Lee were the best of the night and I'm more partial to Mike eventhough Lee did my favorite Sinatra song.

Finally, I agree that they need to let these singers sing anything they want. Not since the Top 11 have they allowed them to do an expansive set of songs. Where is "Year You Were Born" week?

May 5, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  144. monica

a woman most def.......

May 5, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  145. John

Sorry no didn't love it. I have a life.. I don't watch other people living one.

May 5, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  146. millie

Lee shined last night. Aaron was lost. Crystal okay. Casey looked very nervous. Big was okay- but I just can't stand looking at him anymore- but then I never could.

May 5, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  147. Just A Thought

Tonight was stellar for Lee, He was by far the best and showing he is in it to win it!! Not a fan of Big Mike but this was his style music – slow sleepy and boring. He's been singing that way for 3 weeks now, probably longer! Heaven forbid if they require him sing something upbeat that requires some energy! Casey will be out if Aaron doesn't beat him to the door. Crystal, better get it in gear or she will be next!

May 5, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  148. ReallyQM

Idol has jumped the shark. With Simon leaving, Randy "listen up" and "Yo dogging everyone", and Kyra thinking she is the bomb...???the show should be done.

That said, Casey, although he pulled the 80's permed hair back, stunk. Big Mike should have not have been given the judge's save, and young Aaron, poor young Aaron...

Crystal and Lee are the best out of this group. If they are not the final two, we will all know for sure this time there is some behind the scenes rigging going on....

May 5, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  149. michele

i am so surprised that no one picked up on crystal almost forgetting the words 2x...........watch back closely.........this chick really needs to go home

May 5, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  150. AdamofMadison

As is the case with just about every pop singer over the past couple of decades, when confronted with songs that actually have a real melody and meaningful lyrics, they simply can't do it. Which is one of meany reasons that I basically only listen to older artists...Mel Torme, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Streisand and, yes, Sinatra.

It's a shame that people today listen to such mediocre (and sometimes worse) so-called "artists" and think they're great.

That having been said, Harry Connick, Jr. was absolutely terrific...the best "mentor" they've ever had on the show.

As for the contestants, I guess I'd have to give it to Lee.

May 5, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  151. Susan

Casey goes home tonight. I never thought he was very good anyway. Aaron and Mike should be in the bottom 3 with Casey. I don't really think anyone did a great job with Sinatra week, but Crystal is by far the best with Lee not far behind.

May 5, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  152. (Frenchie)

I agree with "hawk" Crystal is the best and she can sing.

As for the ones who says she has a sassy mouth, they must be sleeping. Everyone is right about Sinatra's music his music being sleepy music. Crystal did quite well and she should know who she is. The judges drill that from day one to know who you are and when you do know who you are people still squawk!!!!

Don't give up Crystal.

May 5, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  153. jhernandez

Casey should go home now but...

If you guys are still looking for a way to save American Idol –
    HARRY CONNICK, JR!!!
    He was excellent entertainment!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  154. rhonda

my opinion .l.. in this order.... lee, mike, aaron/crystal (either one either spot) and caseys going home. . as for kara... i want to scream shut up shut up shut up , at her most of the time. how much more irritating can she possibly get

May 5, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  155. Orlando Jane

I am so sick of seeing Big Mike on the stage. He does the same thing every week. He always sounds the same. I am tired of watching him ham it up for the audience, he is so 100% fake.

May 5, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  156. Chris

Harry Connick Jr. is tremendously talented, and this style of music may be very demanding, but Frank Sinatra is/was about as entertaining to me as watching paint dry. Sinatra and his crowd rightly got their a**es kicked by Elvis and rock-and-roll. Popular music never looked back.

Having the AI contestants compete with this anachronistic schlock is like judging the Hell's Kitchen contestants by how well they churn butter.

That said, I don't know why some people lament this year's finalists - they're as good as or better than any other year. I think the ratings slide is more due to viewers being tired of the judges and the format, rather than to a drop in contestant quality. Ms. Sox is one of the best singers they've ever had on the show, contestant OR celebrity guest.

Casey will probably go this week, but that's not right. Lee's vocal skills are probably the weakest of the five, and he does not make me feel anything. Aaron is just too green. My ratings (and I've been a musician, songwriter, and singer for 35 years) are:

1. Crystal
    2. Mike
    3. Casey
    4. Aaron
    5. Lee

I know it won't work out that way, though, because (a) most of the votes in this contest are cast for reasons other than vocal talent, (b) weeks like this make every contestant look bad, and (c) the average voter, and some of the judges, are ill-equipt to professionally critique anyone's singing.

May 5, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  157. BOBBY Mizelle

HARRY CONNICK JR. IS A TREMENDOUS TALENT AND,IN MY OPINION,THE BEST MENTOR THEY HAVE HAD ON THE SHOW. THIS GROUP DID NOT DO VERY WELL WITH SINATRA SONGS BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE COULD. SINATRA LIKE ELVIS WAS IS IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF. CAN'T SAY WHO THE BEST IDOL CONTESTANT WAS LAST NIGHT BUT CASEY WAS THE WEAKEST OF THE GROUP.

May 5, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  158. CINDY O

Aaron was the best last night. This kid can sing anything. Mike needs to go.

May 5, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  159. (Frenchie)

What is going on with the judges. Ellen is the most reasonable one. She's funny and brings a twist to the show. When she says a funny comment Randy laughs.

Crystal your still in. You are the best and you looked great. Please sing one of Janis Joplins song. Your a hit no matter what. Ask Simon to pick a song for you. You will blow their minds.

Aaron is in. Casey is going home this week. I think it will be Crystal against Lee.

I do like the big guy but someone should have nabbed him when he first came on the show.

May 5, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  160. Sarah

Crystal & Lee......tied for 1st place
    Big Mike – so close at 2nd !
    Casey & Aaron are no where near in the same league as the other 3. As long as either of them go home, it will be the right choice. And Crystal did not sass the judges, what she said was totally correct. That is NOT a song that starts in a strong voice....it builds over the course of the song, which is exactly what she did with it! Lee was so amazing. Harry Connick Jr is the best mentor Idol has ever had...he was great with all of them and the arrangements were unreal !

May 5, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  161. Scottie

I don't get the whole Big Mike thing. I didn't think he was all that great last night. The judges gushed over him, but I thought he was a bit off key, and while his voice is big, it doesn't have the nuance required for a Sinatra tune.

Having said that, everyone seems to forget about previous performances. I wish it wasn't all about performance for just one night. From the start, Crystal was the one to beat. The way the show is laid out, she is being forced, and so are the other contestants, to do things that she might not otherwise do. That's fine. But remember "Give Me One Reason" or "Saved"? The girl's got IT!

Lee – props, brother! You are rockin', but you've got to get rid of that nasal thing you start almost every song with. You've got a big voice – you can do better.

May 5, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  162. Spackler

Still tasting chunks from the hurl session after catching a glimpse of Mamma Sox's teeth. Really? Get those fixed!

May 5, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  163. Sybaris

Sinatra was a bad choice.

AI has to stop throwing the classics at the contestants and expect them to relate. It ain't happenin'.

I don't usually agree with Kara but she got it right, Sinatra's lyrics are heavily invested in the phrasing. If you don't get the phrasing you lose the heart of the song. Lee was the only one that came close.

Oh sorry, I agreed with Kara twice. Yeah Casey, the frequency of your vibrato makes you sound like a sheep, always has. Funny how Kara just picked up on that.

May 5, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  164. LINDA M

@ Patti from Montreal, I agree with you 110%. You took the words right out of my mouth.

May 5, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  165. NYer

Siobhan is the season 9 American Idol. These remaining singers are a reflection of the judges and the show, TERRIBLE!

May 5, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  166. Linda

It needs to be either Aaron or Casey to go home. Mike has a great voice and Crystal is good, but would never make it as the American idol, too much of a flash back from the 70's. Most young to middle age people would not listen to her on the radio, older people would buy her cd's. She also is too sassy with the comments....

May 5, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  167. Mark

My order:
    1) Mike – great job again on a ballad
    2) Aaron – same for Aaron
    3) Crystal – I thought she did extremely well. As for as Michele's comment is she just supposed to say "Yes sir Mr. Simon? His criticism was assinine and she called him on it. Good girl.
    4) Lee – out of tune for nearly the whole song. I didn't get the overwhelming praise from the judges.
    5) Casey – clearly out of his element.

This theme sucked. These performers will never sing standards again. It would be a shame for any of these guys to be eliminated due to a bad performance on "Sinatra" night.

I did like Harry Connick Jr. though. He had very good insight for each contestant. I think he would be a perfect replacement for Simon.

Unfortunately I think Casey will be going home. It is a shame because he in truly the only rocker in the bunch.

May 5, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  168. suzyljank

Sinatra was and still is great. He's been gone quite a while and still sells. Harry was great with the contestants. One of the best mentors, so gracious and funny. I think Lee was by far the best. He had the pipes and the Sinatra swagger. Crystal wasn't bad but not enough personality and Bike Mike is just over rated. I know everyone picks on Aaron but I think he'll do just fine after Idol. He has a good voice and wouldn't be surprised hearing him sing for disney movies. All in all my favorite night of Idol this season and there haven't been too many of them. Suzy

May 5, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  169. citizenUSA

Frank is trying to order a hit for each one as we speak.

May 5, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  170. Tim

I also think it was VERY VERY unfair for IDOL to expect these kids to pull off SINATRA tunes. I mean come on, one of the best singers of our life time. I think it was a bit much to expect of the kids.
    I think during practice with harry and Crystal when he said 'there is nothing I can add/say" when talking to Crystal says it all. She has arrived. He was unable to really comment on anything much to help her more. She is there.

May 5, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  171. Patti from Montreal

....and I'm so tired of Mike singing the same old same old stuff every week...I'm finding him arrogant and full of himself.

May 5, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  172. Tim

Crystal is the best talent on the stage. Casey is the next Eddie Vedder. Big Mike sings to nasal sounding,. Aaron should have been tossed weeks ago. Crystal did the song last night perfect. The Judges are off their rockers. Ellen just tells jokes, she contributes little, Simon is calling it in at thispoint, Randy and Cara are theonly two that seem to care. Cara changes what she wants from these kids week to week. Crystal should win but she prob won't because she is not the thing hot person. But she has the most talent and can sing anything you throw her way. KUDO's for her getting back in the judges faces defending her singing. She could be bounced tonight but I think she has the best career out of all of them.

May 5, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  173. Patti from Montreal

I think Harry Connick was the best mentor they had yet. He put alot of work and effort into trying to bring out the best in all of them. I thought Crystal was great and never saw her look more beautiful. She shows that she can sing any style of music. I don't think she was disrespectful to the judges, I think she was absolutely right in what she said. She doesn't have to sing the big notes all the time and I think its right that she voices her opinion as long as it is done in a respectful way. Unfortunately, many people probably won't appreciate it. For her, coming in second would be best the best of both worlds. She would have more artistic freedom in a recording contract and not be forced to do what the American Idol Corporate Machine insisted she do to make them money.

May 5, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  174. Tami

The bottom two, in my humble opinion, were Aaron & Casey, with Casey perhaps being the one eliminated. The top 3 - in order - were: Lee, Michael & Crystal. Lee & Michael have begun to improve and are starting to move away from the pack, which is what we expect to see when we get down to the final five and below. Crystal could be in danger next week IF she doesn't respond as Lee & Michael - and quickly. I hope she does because she has been just sensational this season.

Harry Connick, Jr. has always been one of my faves, and I agree. He should be the weekly mentor, if one could ever be created for him. He really worked hard for the contestants. And, it was terrific to see the musical standards of the late great Sinatra featured on this show. A terrific night all around. Fastest hour I've ever seen go by! LOL

May 5, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  175. laura

First of all, don;'even TRY to do Sinatra. especially this lame group. He is too iconic and has that singular style and phrasing. Everyone pales by comparison. Secondly, American Idol officially ended last year. No one can equal Adam Lambert. Thirdly..they all sucked.

May 5, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  176. EB

What a great night for idol. Who doesn't love Harry Connick, Jr. Best night so far this season. I think Casey's performance was the weakest. He was so nervous. Thinking he is going home. Loved Lee the most. Everyone else just so, so – even Crystal. Ellen was funny too!

May 5, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  177. michele

Crystal's head is starting to swell...thinking she can do whatever she wants to the judges..........with the sassy mouth i don't care i'm winning and declared the winner...........she clearly doesn;t wanna be there.....so let her go and let Lee and mike battle it out......

May 5, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  178. Wendy

I am old enough to remember Frank Sinatra. In fact 63. How can they ask these young people to do that old stuff. I am just saying He was great in his day and now its a new day. Those big band arrangements totally overshadowed the singers . Must have been very difficult having that amount of noise coming at them. Blowing them away really.
    I am sure that last night's show has turned off so many young viewers.
    I always love Idol but that was so boring. Hope I dont get shot by trillions of SInatra fans.

May 5, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  179. dogs rule

Crystal sucks, both musically and visually. Yuk!

May 5, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  180. David Fitzgerald

I just laughed my rear end off when Kara told Casey he sang like a lamb. I've been saying that for weeks! This year is so much worse than previous years talent. I guess it's bound to have on and off years. Mike, Crystal, and Lee are decent, but none of them are professional quality.

May 5, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  181. ZiggyMc

True talent knows no genre, Luciano Pavarotti in a duet with James Brown is a prime example.

May 5, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  182. Dan

Frank Sinatra is a legend and none of the performers have the singing ability and certainly the charisma of Sinatra; though, hopefully some of the kids were introduced to Sinatra. I thought that Harry Connick did some nice arrangements. I personally liked Mike the best tonight. I would put Lee second and he wasn't too pitchy this week like other weeks when the judges completely ignored it. Crystal was a solid third. Aaron sang ok and has improved, but he was boring. Casey's performance was way off, but it's not his style and he probably has around the least ability of the remaining idols. I really wish Casey would have gone last week, since this week would have been good for Siobhan.

May 5, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  183. Gabe

I agree. Casey deserves another chance. He knows what genre he sings best. He's a good guy and he deserves to be at the top 3.

May 5, 2010 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  184. ZiggyMc

To me Harry Connick, Jr. was the hightlight of the show. His arrangements and humor saved the show. Agree that this is a weak idol season and with Siobhan out of the running it is weaker still. Mamma Sox is obviously the one with true talent however Dewize is certainly growing and has become a true contender. Casey and Mike should have been long gone, they have no range and no matter what they sing it is boring and predictable. We still haven't had one "WOW" moment nothing close to Archies "Imagine" or even Kat Mc's Black horse in a cherry tree. Idols death knell was when Dancing with the dolts beat them in the raitings. Idol is dead, long live the Simon.

May 5, 2010 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  185. Nathan

Is anyone else tired of these theme weeks? I'm so sick of for example country week, when they criticize Big Mike for just not knowing what kind of artist he is or this week when Casey sang Sinatra and was critized for his vibrado(sp?) Big Mike isn't going to sing country and Casey isn't going to sing Sinatra in real life... They make them sing this crap, then critize how they blew their chances, and they get voted off... I don't get it!

May 5, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  186. hawk

Lee won it tonight based on the best song for him to sing. It didn't have to much range so less chance of him going off key like he usually does.

Crystal nailed her song as usual, it's just not her style, she is technically the best singer and can sing anything and sing it very well. Liike Harry's comment to her; I don't need to tell you, you know what 's going on. What a compliment to be acknowledged as a peer by a great musician like Harry.

And I don't get where people think she is sassing the judges. She is polite and just responding. I guess people are so conditioned to doing what they are told they get uncomfortable when they see someone who can think for themselves and is not afraid to speak up.

Mike did good also with his rendition but his voice is too high for Sinatra tunes IMO.

Aaron and Kelly were the worst and one of those two are going home.

May 5, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  187. scotty

Most of the kids voting and watching the show tonight were like" who's Frank Sinatra"? They need to let the contestants choose songs more current. It's not fair to the rockers on the show to have to sing elevator tunes! Crystal and Casey needed their guitars....Aaron needs to be on playhouse disney, Lee needs to record a record, and Mike needs a spot on WWE Wrestlemania!!!!

May 5, 2010 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  188. HOC

These were not the right type of songs for these young contestants. Sinatra – in my mind – always was an older gentleman, and the contestants are still kids.

My guess for how it'll continue:

Casey goes next
    Aaron and Mike go after him
    Crystal and Lee will fight for the win

Even though she wasn't as good as Lee today, I am still rooting for Crystal to become the next American Idol. She has a great voice, is very unique, and has the confidence to survive in the music/entertainment industry. I like that she has reasons for everything she's doing, and is not afraid to speak her mind.

May 5, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  189. 4idol

I meant to also add that Harry Connick Jr. did a great job tonight. He really got into it with the coaching, the arrangements and playing. Now that is someone committed to making the artists better.

May 5, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  190. Mike

I agree with another blogger Sinatra should not have been used. He's not current. If they wanted them to sing interpretive songs that should have been the category and let them pick whatever they wanted. To criticize Crystal, as Randy did, because her song was "sleepY", what do you think Frank Sinatra was? That was his music, his generation. Just accept that and move on Randy.

May 5, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  191. Mike

Frank SInatra is one of my all time favorites. Idol did not do him justice. Having said that, Mike was best, followed by Crystal. I could have cared less about the rest.

May 5, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  192. TylerLaw

Tonight, I thought Lee easily stole the show, but Big Mike was close behind and tied with Crystal. After those three, there's a significant fall off to the other two, although I think that Aaron did much better than Casey and has more talent anyway. That said, after Casey this week I still think that Aaron will be the next to go.

May 5, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  193. marianne

i think Crystal is the overall best talent. she knows her music and sings it on her own terms.

lee was great tonight

mike, casey and aaron are ok, but i wouldn't spend a nickel to hear them sing.

this season is boring. cara is a horrible judge, simon is barely participating, i thought ellen was rude tonight and the dawg says the same old thing. this show is ready to go off the air.

nice job Harry Connick Jr....but asking these kids to sing Frank Sinatra was stupid.

May 5, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  194. greg

crystal is great but she is clearly tired of being there and refuses to conform to win. it will be her undoing, however, second is often better cause then you aren't obligated to do all the idol crap the winner has to do. look at last years winner (chris with a "k") he just does ford commercials. adam lambert is doing great on the other hand. so if she loses, so be it. Lee looks like he just may do it. g

May 5, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  195. Hugh01

Aside from this week and based on the fantastic job he did last week, I think Casey deserves another shot at next week. Aaron sh/be going home.

May 5, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  196. Tricia

I'm done, their comments were way off, they keep trying to promote the wrong singers, boring.

May 5, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  197. lillii

Crystal is an awesome artist and true to herself,,, she's a breath of fresh air in the land of mass produced Barbie crooners.

Love Lee and Mike as well..as her runner up.

May 5, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  198. Dave

The only thing that made the show was Harry Connick Jr. The rest was ultra boring. For a final 5, this seemed way too laid back. Next week, Tiny Tim week....wait...that could be entertaining.

May 5, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  199. dimestore

i pick rupert,....these people gimme da creeps!

May 4, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  200. mainehunter

Without Siobhan, American Idol SUCKS! My last viewing was last week and I will never watch it again. The only reason I am looking for AI updates on the net is to see a major ratings decline. They deserve it.

May 4, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  201. al

crystal has the best voice out of all of them. Lee can hold a candle to her. sure he is good, there are not many singers that can sing country, pop, jazz, like sintra, but crystal has the best voice and she will sell more records than all of them.

look at carrie underwood and kelly clarkson, and the number of record sales they both have. adam lambert has only sold over 1/2 million, where susan boyle has sold over 10 million, big difference. depends on the voice and crystal has it!

May 4, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  202. St. Pete Bill

Hey C'los–if its that bad for you, stop watching and stop commenting here. You don't need to endure such agony, now do you?

May 4, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  203. St. Pete Bill

I thought the judges were unduly harsh to Crystal. I rather liked her performance. Lee was pretty good, I kept hearing a little Ray Charles, wonder what he might do with a rendition of Georgia? He still needs to act like he's more comfortable on stage if he can't actually be more comfortable. Somebody needs to teach him where to put his hands when stading quietly on stage. Mike surprised me, he turned off the gospel voice and so did Aaron, he rid of most of the country. Casey was not bluesy or swaggering enough to pull it off and I did hear the BeeGees vibrato thing going one. His voice to me sounds "thin" and I don't think he has much of a range, had trouble with higher register notes. I think he's the one going home next. Still think Crystal is the ultimate winner. Liked her took tonight, elegant. So I put them in this order: Crystal, Lee, Mike, Aaron, Casey.

May 4, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Joe Schmo

eb – how is Lee's voice not "special"? I think he has a great voice and he's growing every single week in not only his talent, but his confidence level as well. Not since Elliott Yamin has Idol had a contestant grow and learn and evolve so much. Of the remaining contestants I would say Lee and Crystal are the ONLY ones with "special" voices. Aaron's voice as well as Casey's are just too darn shakey, and while Big Mike's voice is smooth, it just gets lost in the crowd. There's nothing that makes it stand out. But hey, just my opinion.

May 4, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  205. C'los

All on them SUCK. ,!!!!

May 4, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  206. C'los

Please some put a gun to the side of the head of this show and pull the trigger !
    This can't suck enough!!

May 4, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  207. eb

Crystal is and will be a great singer/performer. She is unique like Lambert. I am tired of a generic singer being selected. Lee sings good and looks good but does not have a special voice. There are so many like him. We need an American Idol that is unique, outstanding, and a natural with lots of talent.
    Casey is hot hot hot.
    Aaron is sweet sweet sweet
    Mike is a whole lot of love.

eb

May 4, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Dennis

Three very good performances tonight (Crystal, Lee, and Mike), one good performance (Aaron) and one that was, well, I was always told if you can't say anything nice about someone's effort, then don't say anything at all. Casey.................

May 4, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  209. cdn idol

Too bad Casey didnt do well. Hes hot.
    Crystal did the best she could with the genre.
    Lee was awesome as always.
    Aaron really needs to go home.

May 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  210. TampaBayOldie

Cya Casey!

Have NO doubt that Lee will be the next American Idol.

May 4, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  211. protogere

Sinatra subdued? Sinatra sleepy? Have you listened to Frank Sinatra? Ever?

May 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Melanie

You know, I wasn't impressed with Sinatra night. I thought all the contestants did fairly well, I just think the theme should have been something a little more dynamic, something that really shows off the voices of the top 5. Don't get me wrong, I like Sinatra, but that style of music tends to be a little subdued and sleepy. Not what I would have picked as the theme when it's this close to the end.

May 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  213. dr2mom

I think that Aaron should go home tomorrow. Although he seems like a nice kid, and has a great voice, his young age is a factor when it comes to showing any depth and artistry. Crystal seems to be able to sing anything, most of the time, but I find her boring. I get the feeling that she thinks she may have already won, so that does not endear me to her. Mike is good when he channels "Luther" or "Maxwell". I like Casey when he does his bluesy stuff, but tonight he pretty much stunk....we got to see his real shortcoming. Lee is the most interesting one of the bunch, and over the weeks, I think he's the one that stands out. My money is on Lee.

May 4, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  214. J

I love Lee - I love that voice, and he's just as nice in person as he is on stage. I went to high school with him, and he's a really laid back, genuine person, and I'm so glad he's following his dreams.

May 4, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  215. randy

Casey wasn't bad. I thought he was pretty good. I think the judges were unnecessarily harsh and these comments are just blindly following that. That being said Lee was the best -Big Mike #2.

May 4, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Robert

Horrible....

May 4, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  217. bravehart

Betty...shame on you-that is blasphemy!

May 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  218. tleo

Harry Connick, Jr. did a wonderful job with the contestants! I loved all the arrangements and what he brought out in each singer.

May 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Dave

Lee was AWESOME. Lee will WIN this year.

May 4, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  220. shelly g

I thought that Crystal was disrespecful with the judges. She is a great singer but seems to have trouble taking criticism. Lee is my favorite!

May 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Filha de Jesus

Let's send Crystal home and end this season earlier. Simon doesn't appear interested or exciting as he used to be. Ellen, Kari all boring

May 4, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  222. suzy diamond

One thing: Harry Connick was GREAT!! That's it!

May 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Filha de Jesus

I think if Mike lose some weight he would look a lot more attractive. He is a good singer but boring. Aaron is super boring! Even Crystal is boring me lately.

May 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Scott

Crystal is like a 13 year old know it all. She may win but I wouldn't pay to see her sing. Unfortunately, Casey goes home tomorrow night.
    Bad idea singing Sinatra songs. I think Lee's on top for now.

May 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  225. suzy diamond

This is the WORST bunch of singers(?) on Idol! Why did the judges take this group? Out of all the thousands that they interviewed this is the best they could come up with? PLUS the show is boring with a BIG "B"!!

May 4, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Filha de Jesus

Weak season for sure. Crystal is the best by far but she had two weak weeks in a roll. Stay humble Crystal. Don't let it go over your head. Lee and Casey are the best looking. Mike is not my type at all.

May 4, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  227. R

Lee's confidence has totally skyrocketed over the last few weeks and I love it – I think it's definitely made a difference in his performances. If he'd had that from the beginning, he could have been light years ahead of everyone at this point.

No one makes me jump out of my seat this year, but I think I'm definitely rooting for Lee.

May 4, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  228. chipp

You know, if I were forced to pick the Idol tonight, you know, I think, you know, i'd have to go with lee, you know? My gutt feeling is that none of these five can hold a candle to the winners of seasons 7 or 8.; the worlds greatest makeover "Miracle" could possibly save the season. Now to turn my glass of water into WINE. Can anyone remember exactly how that's done?

May 4, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  229. waso

why is this show so un original gong

May 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  230. thierry

@Lisa:
    Agree with you 600%:
    "So who do we think is going home? Was Casey James the weak link or did Crystal "MamaSox" Bowersox over play her hand by sassing the judges?"

My Crystal ball prediction:
    50% Casey will go home
    50% Crystal will go home
    PS:My prediction will be updated as soon as I have more from my insight...

May 4, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  231. betty

Frank Sinatra Sucks! AI needs to let those kids do current music. Harry Connick sings old covers. Do you think anyone wants to be a covers artist? As far as who goes home, it could be Casey, Aaron or Mike and it wouldnt matter to me. Lee and Crystal for the finale!

May 4, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  232. elle

Lee was the only good one but it could have been the type of music. I think Casey will go home even though he is a better singer than Aaron or Mike.

Aaron is cute and loveable and Mike is a good shmoozer that people seem to be buying.

Crystal is a legend in her own mind and will be taken down a notch when Lee wins the prize.

May 4, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  233. wow

yoli – If you dont like what you see on the show dont watch it! No one is making you watch it!

May 4, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  234. JLS

Crystal was by far the best singer tonight showing the best talent. Some songs require restraint and subtlety, but the judges just think in their heads "What can we sell to 14 year olds." I think Lee was a close second, followed by Big Mike. While Mike sang on key, it was mostly just loud. I'd say that Casey was tied with Aaron for last. How the heck is Aaron still there anyway? The kid sucks.

It will be Crystal with Lee as runner up for the season.

May 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  235. mozart4898

My order for tonight:

1.) (3 way tie) Crystal, Mike, Lee
    4.) Aaron
    5.) Casey

I know that's a cop out really, but it's just comparing apples to oranges to separate the top 3 there. If they're actually still doing a bottom 3 tomorrow (with 5 people), then Casey and Aaron belong there...and they'll probably be joined by either Mike or Crystal. Lee's been way too pimped at this point to not be one of the top 2 vote getters tonight. Casey should be the one going home though.

May 4, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  236. yoli

think Big Mike was the best tonight, and they can't seem to give him his dues. Lee is not that talented and certainly cant sing as well as Mike. Lee is not a fresh talent because we have had those like him for the past three seasons. They obviously get together before the show and decide who they will put down to sway the vote. He would be another non Idol like last years winner. I am glad this show is going off the air.

May 4, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  237. smmfdyb

My English Lit class was more exciting than these performances tonight. Zzzzzzzzz

May 4, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Shanna

I do not understand the love that everyone has for Aaron...the kid sucks and he can't hold a candle to the other's...Lee was the best tonight followed by MamaSox...I LOVE Casey but he wasn't that good...GO HOME AARON...YOU ARE AWFUL...

May 4, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Brain

Gotta be Casey, he was certainly the weakest of the five. Lee sure stole the show.

May 4, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  240. TJ

See ya later, Casey...

May 4, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  241. protogere

I think as long as Casey is sent home, the right person will be leaving.

May 4, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |