May 3rd, 2010

'Celebrity Apprentice' dedicates show to Bret Michaels

It’s only fitting that Bret Michaels’ team won this week’s challenge to produce three radio commercials for a home-services company. The “Celebrity Apprentice” episode was taped awhile ago, but you can’t watch the show without wishing him well as he recovers from his brain hemorrhage. This is the second week NBC aired a “get well” announcement at the end of the show. This week, the network announced the show was dedicated to him.

In this week’s episode, Michaels was RockSolid’s project manager, and his teammates Sharon Osbourne and Maria Kanellis tried to tell him that the stiff, humorless, corporate executives wouldn’t like the jingle that said plumbers “crack” a lot of jokes. He insisted he would accept the blame if the team lost for it. It was a risk, but the team won for its overall originality. I like how this team works collaboratively. You also know when they get into the boardroom, they will accept blame for whatever goes wrong.

At first I thought Curtis Stone should’ve been the one fired because he really didn’t do anything this challenge. He proved he couldn’t sing or write a jingle, but he is a chef. They told him they were going to tweak a few lines, so he still probably thinks he did a good job.

But an incident involving Cyndi Lauper changed my mind. Tenacity’s project manager Summer Sanders couldn’t decide whether to use Cyndi Lauper’s voice on a jingle, after Lauper told her she had recovered from her laryngitis. I wanted Summer Sanders fired immediately. No need for boardroom drama. In the end, she decided Lauper should sing on the jingle, but why does a swimmer have to wonder if she can trust the voice of a professional singer?

Donald Trump played games in the boardroom. First, he asked Sanders to determine which person was the best on the team. Holly haters, she chose your girl. Yes, Holly Robinson Peete is safe another week.
When Sanders returned to the firing squad with Lauper and Stone in tow, he announced that he would not fire Lauper either. The executives had loved hearing Lauper sing on that one jingle.

Trump threatened to fire two people at the beginning of the show, so I hoped he would make good on that with Sanders and Stone. No such luck. Only Sanders left this week.

Who do you think will be eliminated next week? Post your comments.

1. mrskool

Hey A hole – guess where you can stick that banana

May 4, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mister Chris

Holly want a banana?

May 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. moon627

There is so much editing on The Apprentice that its hard to tell what is really going on behind the scenes...

Trump was correct in firing Summer since she didnt make a good enough case defending herself as the manager of the losing team.

She thought their jingles were good but anyone listening could hear they were just too fast and wordy whereas Bret's were slow enough that you could understand and get the message loud and clear.

Bret has turned out to be a surprisingly adept and nice guy – i wish him the best in his recovery.

i dont know how anyone could stand to work with Cyndi – i like her music but she would drive me crazy ! Holly may not come across as the nicest person but at least she's smart enough to acknowledge that a creative mind like Cyndi's is wired differently so i think Holly is pretty tolerant considering...

Curtis is pretty laidback so i was surprised at his reaction to the pizza theft. I dont know why Sharon and Maria dont like him but it will all come out next week. From the previews it looks like nobody is happy with the changes on next weeks show

May 4, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. KooKKy

Curtis reacted strangely to the pizza incident, but in his defense, he did suggest they cut back on the wordiness of the ad, thought they should have used Cindi more, and thought they needed more edge. Had they taken his suggestions, who knows, they might have won. I was surprised he didn't bring all of that up in his own defense.

May 4, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kathysteers

i watched the show.bret,sharon,maria did an awsome job so did cyndi lauper.in my own opinion the person which shuold of been fired was curtis because he didnt really do alot this week.summer was only doing which was being asked of her.everyone cant wait to see bret back.he would make an awsome team with sharon osbourne and cyndi lauper.marias singing i must say was a bit annoying but bret sharon ,cyndi all did awsome jobs.ivanka trump and eric trump also didi great jobs for this being erics first time and i defenetly agree with mr trump.his other son donald also does a great job as well.please get well soon bret all your fans miss you .youbve done a marvelous job in which ever has been asked of you your a great team player and everyone knows you can work well alone to.sincerly miss kathysteers

May 4, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. mduree

Cyndi and Bret are the best. Funny how Cyndi, Sharon and Bret are the 3 most powerful and successful of the bunch and the nicest. Holly is a no talent, had been, cow. She needs to go. What a controlling COW! I can't believe she tried to tell Cyndi Lauper and Summer that they needed to leave it to the "professional singers". Are you kidding me? I really think she has a problem with Cyndi and she is jealous of her talent and success. Cow, holly, cow. Please Mr. Trump FIRE HOLLYCOW!

May 4, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. SANDY

I believe that Bret Michaels deserves to win the Celebrity Apprentice. He is not the "idiot" that a lot of people pegged him as. Every week he works really hard at whatever task he is given. Even the project managers pretty much turn the job over to him because they know he has the knack for putting things together and making them work. He is a very "down to earth" kind of guy and knows how to speak tactfully to his fellow teamates. He has more business smarts than all the other contestants put together. His wonderful personality makes you wish he was your friend. I pray you have a speedy recovery Bret.

May 4, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. LadyK

If these post are monitored, how could you allow mister chris( and I use the word mister lightly) comment be displayed? That is the most ignorant and offensive comment on here.

May 4, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Anne

If you recall, Curtis was the one who said the text had too much in it and he was right. They talked too fast and there was too much verbage. I would give my eye teeth to have Holly axed... and she is in cahoots with Summer... I've seen Holly in other things and she seemed like a nice person... I beg to differ now. Don't turn your back on that one, I guarantee she's talking about you... among other things.

May 3, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Betty

Curtis should have been gone long ago.
    Holly is simply an obnoxious star wanna be
    Cindy is fun but has no focus
    Bret has been great
    sharon has been great
    Marie has come through at times
    Sanders has been able to hide and save herself for long enough
    Curtis would blame his grand ma if it saved him

May 3, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ish

Bret is a rebel – and some days – Rebels win! Thankd god the Donald put him on the same team with Sharon – they ROCK!

Summer was too serious – she has no whimsy and that is why she was fired. Sometimes hard work and dedication are a detrement in the real world. AND she didn't have the courage to defend herself.......she was still in the "I want everyone to like me" mindset.
    Buh-bye!

Curtis is a typical Aussie snob and he should go next.

Holly is waaay to bossy.She thinks she is all "it" and in my personal opinion is a b*&ch. I know she has a personal stake in her chosen charity ( after all is is NAMED after her) ...... she is way to serious. She is the beyonce of Celebrity Apprentice.....and yes there is a reason I did not capitalize beeachsays name....god I hate that woman.

Sharon is a breath of fresh air!! She calls a spade a spade......she knows what she is doing and she is the only one on the show to call out the other contestants,

Bret takes chances..........and had his team lost last night he would have gladly walked away. But once again – he was right!!!

Sharon or Bret – whoever wins – will make me happy.

May 3, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Frank Sanchez

I wasn't so sure about Bret when this show started but he has done awesome so far, last night he took a big gamble and it paid off big time. I look forward to seeing what he does in the remaining shows as well as hoping he recovers!

May 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobo

It's getting really hard to listen to the way Cyndi's team mates are treating her....and it's very clearly all because they simply don't get her because they are not cut from the same cloth as she is – not creative, not immensely talented, and not unwaveringly polite. I don't know how she keeps a cool head and resists telling off Holly and Summer, and in the past Maria too – for complaining about the way her mind works and that she goes off on tangents etc, thinks out loud, etc. They are not equipped to understand her because they don't possess 1/100th of the talent she has – perhaps they are wired to be managers and administrators...well, that's all well and good, but it's the creatives who develop the content that has value for the client. Holly is totally clueless about that. p.s. glad to hear Bret is mending!

May 3, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DENNIS HAUSER

I'M ALSO GLAD BRET IS DOING ALOT BETTER!

May 3, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. DENNIS HAUSER

BRET MICHAELS SHOULD WIN THIS! I AGREE WITH ASTER ARAYA.
    IT SHOULD BOIL DOWN TO BRET,SHARON & CYNDI. I WOULD HAND WITH THESE THREE.

May 3, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rachel

I agree that the right person was fired, but what's up with Curtis getting mad over Bret having a piece of his pizza, and Bret has diabetes and probably needed it! I bet he feels stupid now!

May 3, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. aster araya

You guys are all amazing, Are you watching the same show that i an watching? the only person who is decent, smart and deserve to win is bret michaels, Holly is also smart and a hard worker but with bad mouth and loud personility, Sharon is an abnoxious old lady with multiple personility, Cyndi is all over the place but with a nice heart , curtis is too passive but pleasant personility and maria is just Maria.

May 3, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Susan Mc.

I hope the one fired is THE DONALD he is such a bore, lacking in sence of humor. Bret Mcihaels was right ,where's the sence of humor in these corporate idiots. God save us all from these guys.-Susan

May 3, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. AcesCasino

Anyone that owns their own business and/or has been successful in life may come off as being a b**** or controlling when it comes to decision-making, but, ultimately, these people are success-driven and have the background that tells them to proceed in these types of endeavors. They're "controlling and bossy" because they have the experience that helps them in business-like situations. Those that dislike Holly shouldn't do so because of her controlling nature, but those that wish her ill on the Celebrity Apprentice may only have to wait until another of Holly's opinions/ideas fail in the light of the Donald's day. It's going to be tough for Robinson-Peete to hide from Team Trump from now on...

May 3, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. KRS

Oh my gosh – I'm so glad I found this blog! No one I work with is watching this and I thought if I had to go through one more week enduring that pompous, nasty Holly Robinson and feeling like I was the only one who felt that way....I just wasn't going to watch anymore. Thanks for the validation!

May 3, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  21. I love Sandra

Why isn't Sharon in the picture that accompanies this article?

May 3, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Eric

I agree that Summer was the right choice to go. I agree with a couple of other previous comments too, about Curtis being well-mannered and on-point with his input (which was ignored and ultimately cost them the task) but I also didn't like the way he got all p*ssed about a slice of pizza and thought he should've (politely) defended himself better in the boardroom. Agree with Jason too about Holly and her charity for her own kid (even though Brett's charity was chosen because of his own disease too). Did you see the way she basically ignored her autistic kid when the family came in at the end? I loved seeing Brett and Sharon having so much fun working together. Hope those are the final 2. Can't wait to see Holly have to work with Brett. I hope their polarizing personalities shed more light on how much of a pain in the ass Holly is to work with.

May 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mister Chris

Boot the Monkey!! Give Holly Robinson a Banana and send her on her way..

May 3, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Samantha

Abby, Curtis has done absolutely nothing the entire season.

May 3, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Samantha

Heck, I couldn't even hear Cyndi Laupers voice very good on the jingle. And also, everyone of the jingles were god awful. A company is actually going to use that rubbish?

May 3, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. abby

I think firing Summer was the right thing to do, she is more of a follower than leader, especially for dismissing other people's opinion's except for Holly's, and actually considering the horrible advice Holly gave her about not using Cyndi Lauper's voice for the jingle. Holly demonstrated to be very vicious on this show, especially when she was in the van talking with Summer about "controlling" Cyndi, so she can "focus." It was clear that Holly had no respect for Cyndi. Holly reminds me of one of those corporate sociopaths I have worked with in the past. In the end Cyndi did a great job, both coordinating the jingle and singing on it. Curtis just did what he was told, he didn't really have a voice with the Summer/Holly team, he was also dismissed, and blamed (although not overtly) by Summer and Holly that his Aussie accent was too thick or too distracting, and would not work on the radio spot, so not much he could do, except what he was told. As for the other team, Sharon, Bret , and Maria, they work good together, even with their disagreements, annoyance at Maria's singing, or trying to make a corporate jingle work, they had good give and take with each member, a sense of humor, and took creative risks that won this episodes apprentice. Bret as always was awesome, and you can see that this team actually really respected him and each other. I don't know why Sharon and Maria don't like Curtis, it seems like such a small reason to say that he's too smug, who knows, but I think Curtis handled it well, he doesn't have to have an insult match with the ladies, and he doesn't have to defend his character to them. Curtis is going to have to kick ass on the next task. It'll be interested to see what happens next week....

May 3, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bianca will

I'm glad they are done with Summer, she was flying by the seat of her pants anyway...SHARON VS CYNDI all the way.....WISDOM ALWAYS WINS..........GOD GIVE YOU STRENGTH BTET

May 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nicole T.

Holly is a B!TCH! I really hope she is fired next, because she is a washed up has been with no talent. It also really peeves me that the only reason she "set up" her charity for Autistic kids is because of her own child. People are lame and only care about a cause when their own lives are impacted by it. Get a life!

May 3, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jason

My hunch is that Holly will be the next one to get fired. Not to sound like someone who is content for what she's already made for her charity ($345K minus the check she promised Sharon's charity in the episode from May 23rd) but I have a feeling she doesn't want to be pressured to raise more $$$ for her charity on such short notice. As a result, I think there will be static between her and Cyndi that bubbles back to the surface that will cost her team a victory and get her fired.

May 3, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. MKEmom

Holly needs to go. She won a lot of money for her charity...now she can get the boot. Buh-bye!

May 3, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. LAURA

i always knew Bret was a great guy and this show has shown what a stand up person he is !! i wish him & his family my prayers

May 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Annie

Holly needs to go. She is uncreative, cannot stand that Cyndi gets anything over her, she's manipulative and she made Summer think she was smarter than she was. She is pulling that same stunt Annie did in the last CA with that version of Summer.

Bret is great, I'm surprised. Funny, smart, witty. I hope he and Sharon are the final two.

May 3, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  33. BARBARA

First, I thought that Cyndi Lauper herself went back and forth deciding whether she should sing or not. Summer just went along with her and let her make the decision which she finally did. I think for sure Curtis should have been fired not Summer. Summer herself threw herself under the bus. There is no question that Curtis should have been fired or Holly because she made the commercials and they lost because the commercials were not clear and way too wordy.

May 3, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  34. D

um, uisignorant...your so righteous that you arent watching it but you are commenting on a blog about it? might just as well watch it so you know what to talk about.

May 3, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  35. jopsjennings

Great idea to switch Bret and Curtis! Now Holly the witch is going to have a very difficult time trying to ally herself with others in order to dis the creative people in her group...

May 3, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  36. uisignorant

I did not even know it was still on....
    Keeping my promise not to watch after Joan winning last year...

May 3, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  37. jp

Not a huge Curtis fan but thought he behaved like a gentleman. He could have trash talked Summer for her refusal to be more edgy and for even considering not using Cyndi,but he did not. He also could have talked back to Sharon's insults but chose not too. I thought the right person was fired.Summer needed to be the one to go.
    Stay strong Bret!!!!

May 3, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  38. SarahB1

I am glad to see the two-woman clique broken up. Holly and Summer together would be poison (no pun intended, Bret Michaels) to any work place.

May 3, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  39. carol

I am so glad that Donald fired the right person and I hope that next week Holly will be gone. Summer did not bring Holly back in (surprise, surprise) and really Holly was no better or worse than Cindy or Curtis but of course her and Holly are thick as thieves. I am keeping my fingers that next one to go is Holly. I really can not stand her as she thinks she knows everything and has to be in control of everything.

May 3, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  40. dixick

I agree with several of you – what a surprise Brett has been! I think he actually is a good guy with a big heart. Has he made mistakes in his past (reference his reality show)? You bet but with that said, I find myself liking him more and more. I'm kinda hoping when he recovers that he will take a hard look at his life and be an even better person.

May 3, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  41. Big Boss Man

Curtis didn't deserve to be fired since he basically did what he was told & was obviously out of his element in regards to composing (or singing) songs. And, he knew it, and so did the others. He shouldn't be faulted for this. Trump fired the right person by getting rid of Summer Sanders. Brett absolutely rocked the joint & absolutely surprised me last night. It was Brett at his best!

p.s. Ivanka keeps getting hotter week after week....yeow!!!

May 3, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  42. Steve

I was so excited to see another Pouting Trump show up on the scene. I'm growing weary of the pouting faces. Of course Donnie likes Curtis because he's pompous as well.

May 3, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  43. Debbie

I agree with Kelly about Curtis. Holly is like a cancer spreading vicious gossip behind people's backs. The "tumor", Sumner and the others Holly has been feeding have been removed and Maria is not on her team. Hopefully, that will eradicate the disease and Holly will be the next to go. She is the type that give women a bad name. Did everyone catch the annoyed look on her face when her jingle wasn't even acknowledged?

May 3, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  44. tina

Este, you nailed it. I wonder why Curtis didn't defend himself a bit more. Sanders would've stood a better chance against Holly & Curtis. Bad leader!!!

May 3, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  45. Zanymommy

Good call on the firing. Stone may not have had a strong role this week, but he was right about everything he suggested to Peete and Summers. Very hard to do anything with those two around because they are so smug and controlling. Hoping Peete finally gets canned next week. Michaels was a real surprise to me, never thought he'd last or shine the way he does...just love him.

May 3, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  46. kelly

Curtis was the one who said they weren't being creative enough, strongly said they had to use Cindy's voice, and said the ads were too wordy and rushed. All the things that cause them to lose he pointed out, but the Sharon and Holly were running the show and didn't listen to him. So what was he to do. He tried, they ingored him and lost. Team manager should have been fired on that one!

May 3, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  47. este

I think they fired the right person. Both Curtis & Cyndi thought the text was too heavy and the approach too traditional but Summer & Holly thought they knew better, plus Holly actually voted against Cyndi doing the jingle b/c her voice wasn't mainstream enough & should be left to "the professional" LOL! It'll be interesting to see how Holly does w/out her lap dog Summer around.

May 3, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  48. Cindy Brock

I don't think Curtis did that much and I think he should have been fired. All I can say is that it's going to be interesting to see what happens next week because he's going to be paired with Sharon and Maria!

May 3, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |