April 29th, 2010

Rielle Hunter: I was helping John Edwards find his 'authentic self'

Despite many people telling her it wasn’t the best idea to sit down with Oprah Winfrey for an interview, Rielle Hunter - politician John Edwards' mistress - decided to do it anyway.

"I feel in my heart it’s the right thing to do," Hunter said Thursday, especially now that "Johnny," as she calls him, has admitted paternity of their daughter, Frances Quinn.

Hunter said she wanted to set the facts straight about who she is, and that while she understands the judgment that has been heaped upon her, she doesn’t see herself as a home wrecker or gold digger, she told Winfrey.

“I have been unfairly judged,” Hunter said, adding that she believes people reacted so negatively to her relationship with Edwards because “a lot of people bought into the myth of the marriage as being a storybook story, being so perfect and wonderful, and I destroyed it,” she said.

While some have called her a gold digger, she “wasn’t after him for money, fame, attention. I was never after him. I met him and there was a very strong connection and attraction,” Hunter said. And as for the home-wrecking accusations, Hunter observed, "It’s not my experience that a third party can wreck a home. A home is wrecked before a third party comes into the picture."

Winfrey noted that Edwards’ former wife, Elizabeth, has said that Hunter approached Edwards and told him he was "hot." Hunter recounted their meeting as such: She said that she didn’t even know who Edwards was when she saw him at a hotel in New York in 2006, but she did feel an automatic connection with him. When she and Edwards bumped into each other on the street when Hunter was on her way to dinner, she said, "He lit up like a Christmas tree, and I turned to him and said, 'You’re so hot,' and he practically jumped in my arms. I said, 'I can help you,' and he said, 'I want your help, I need your help.' "

Hunter said she meant that she wanted to help him "see his authentic self" and "be more of his authentic self so people could see who he really is. My heart felt I could help him." She didn’t know how she was going to accomplish this, she told Winfrey, but when he gave her the number to the hotel room he was staying in, she did call later that night. Hunter said she was aware that he was married, but didn’t know anything about his relationship, and didn’t see anything weird or wrong about going to his hotel room.

"He was very sweet, generous and charming," she said of the evening. "We had a very, very long conversation about helping. He wanted help – he wanted to be more authentic and live a life of truth. He wanted to change his life."

Several days later, Hunter said she realized she was in love. "This was very difficult. ... I [thought] about his wife and his children. It was very hard … [but] the power of the love does override all of the issues and all the judgments that this is wrong."

She said Edwards "disclosed everything in his life," including that the Edwardses' marriage had had "problems for many, many years." The two had frequent, long conversations, she added, on a phone she purchased that looked his work phone.

John Edwards called off the affair at the end of 2006 after Elizabeth Edwards used the phone and called Hunter, but Hunter told Winfrey she never believed their relationship had ended. The affair continued when Edwards started campaigning for presidency.

"I followed my heart and I believe it was the right thing to do," she said. "Which is weird, I realize how weird that is. But I didn’t make a commitment to Elizabeth. I wasn’t the one lying to her. I was supporting him in his decisions. I knew he had a unique way of getting to his life of truth. I felt like I was supporting him and loving him until he got to where he needed to be."

By May 2007, Hunter was pregnant with Frances Quinn; the pair hadn’t been using birth control, and so they both knew that a baby could happen at any time. When Edwards renewed his vows in July, Hunter said he knew that she was carrying his child.

"I wasn’t seeing anyone else, and we both knew it was his child," Hunter said. And while his decision to renew his vows knowing that she was pregnant "crushed" her, she still didn’t think less of him.

Edwards offered Hunter support with whatever decision she made. Hunter said he never asked her to have an abortion or implied that she should do so. However, once photos emerged revealing that she was pregnant, Hunter agreed to make it seem as though Edwards' aide Andrew Young (also married) was the father of her baby, not Edwards.

The denial continued when Edwards sat down for an interview with ABC News in August 2008. At that point, he’d met his daughter, who was born in February, but he still denied knowing who she was.

"I watched it through a lot of tears, devastated," Hunter said. "Everyone who knew all the facts, said, 'please don’t do that interview,' but Elizabeth really wanted him to. She said that 'you have to get out in front of it and speak the truth' but she didn’t know the truth.'

It wasn’t until after the interview that Elizabeth learned that the baby was Edwards', Hunter said.

At this point, Hunter is staying mum on her relationship with John Edwards, because her personal life needs "boundaries," she said. “He does see [our daughter] regularly,” she added. “I still love him very much, [and] it’s my experience that he loves me, and I trust him very much.”

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities • Oprah Winfrey • television

1. blerliglerm

uiOCDjip nikon coolpix l810 avis iwEWMmms http://nikon-coolpixl810.info/

June 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ggin WI

I thought I would fall out of my chair laughing, If she was trying to act as some kind of therapist, helping him to live a life of truth she is an epic failure, he lied to his wife, and the entire country publicly and privately for months after he started seeing her. Life of truth...hilarious! She deserves no one's respect or sympathy.

October 8, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. otto

I take it from that she's done this before. While I'd like to vilify this new age tart the reality is that her and Edwards deserve each other.

July 20, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. May

clearly this woman is insane. she has no regard for right and wrong – all she wanted to do was "help" herself. Mistresses around the world: You are all losers.

July 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tor

yeah, i met a woman once who wanted to help me to be my "authentic self." turns out, my authentic self wanted to be mantipulated and, ultimately, emasculated. i don't miss my authentic self one bit.

June 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kdbryant

Find himself ? You are a real trick – do you not realize – HE IS MARRIED!!!!

June 17, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. di

looking and saying 'you're hot' to someone' is nowhere equal to just saying 'hello' to someone, it infers a little more, which she definitely got. As for the 'authentic self' that is so full of it. She was calculating enough to get him, use him and then get all she could, just like a golddigger. I feel sorry for the child. But why did Oprah think she was newsworth?? Oprah must have need some higher ratings. I am on team Elizabeth.

June 17, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. fitzie

Trailer trash begets more trailer trash. They are perfect for each other. Don't know which one is the most slimey.
    A woman cheating with a man who she knows his wife is going thru chemo treatments, at home puking her guts out, or a man who disgraces the privilege of being able to run for office to represent our country – all the while stealing away the nomination from Hillary by his staying in the primaries when he should have bowed out. They both need to crawl back into the sewer from which they came.....oops, he already has: her sewer!

June 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Strobo

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahaha another NEW AGE nutcase... pursuing a personal agenda... I bet she listens to Yanni Music too.

June 16, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. susanna

This woman is disgusting! What type of descent woman her age goes up to a man and says........your hot?? come on she's not a teenager! She is a woman that has absolutely no respect for others, or herself, woman like this make me sick!! I'm embarrassed for her!

June 16, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sri

all i want to know is whether she polished his knob while she was kneeling or while he was lying down ??

June 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Emjee

If you are living an "authentic" life, you are not lying, screwing someone else behind your wife's back, having an affair with an adulteress, or any of those things she talked about. This woman is using new age babble to validate all the things she is doing wrong in her life. What a screwed up POS.

June 15, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ginny

I think there is something seriously wrong with this woman. She made herself sound like she came straight out of Deliverance.

May 3, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. mari

Its not her that took the weddings vows she says LOL

May 3, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mimster

tHIS WOMAN LIVES IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY! SHE IS EITHER TOTALLY WITHOUT A MORAL COMPASS OR A TOTAL SOCIOPATH!! SHE AND HER'JOHNNY'ARE BOTH CONTEMPTABLE .

May 3, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  16. Deborah

Reille and John are both master manipulators living in their own warped reality. If it were about two "regular americans" with those egos they would be perfect for the Jerry Springer show. What a waste of the gifts they were blessed with.

May 3, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  17. Babbaloo

Tragic situation all around. I don't care what these people do in their private lives, but what's really, really, really disturbing is that a man of John Edward's character could actually have become the President of the United States. That scares me more than anything that happened between he and his mistress. It's obvious that he has serious judgement issues, lacks morality, and has little to no values, yet he wanted to become the leader of the most powerful country in the free world. That should be enough to scare of citizen of the United States!!! I thank God that John Edwards isn't the person sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office!!!

May 2, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. lauratj

What nerve she has. Is she with Johnny now ??? Are they going to be married ??? Both of them are adults but she came unto him & maybe should've "waited" until his marriage broke up instead of helping to break up his marriage.Bad,bad karma -shame,shame,shame !!!! And SHAME on Johnny !

May 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. SurlyBroad

Years ago I recall watching TV and seeing John Edwards campaigning and he walked over and hugged his wife. I just about fell off the couch–he hugged her like he hated her! It was damned near aggressive. I wondered what that was all about and then I continued to try to find footage, on the news, etc, of the two of them and it was the SAME! The body language was awful! He like clawed her to him, never making eye contact and then thumped her soundly on the back like an old horse. I was shocked!!

And tell me our dear sweet Elizabeth didn't know her own husband couldn't stand her! Boo hoo hoo, she's such a victim. Waaa. She's a typical controlling, cold witch who wanted to stay married to 'John Edwards' Yes, cuz he' s such a prize. She got what she deserved. And who cares if he ran off with the hussy Lady Hunter. The man was and still is a miserable phony.

May 1, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Geralyn

Everyone wants to blame Reille but Johnny is the one who extended the invite to his hotel room and removed his pants.........................just as she did.

May 1, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bites ya Back!

It's so cliche, but....You reap what you sow, Rielle....Let's hope Johnny doesn't need any more "help" in the future. Or his unfaithfulness just might hurt YOU!

May 1, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. Dena3

The interview had me, I kept waiting for her to tell me and Oprah how she could help or helped Johnny find his true self. When Rielle said I know Johnny, remember we were talking on the phone four hous a day on the cell-phone I bought. That should have been a clue that he was sneaking around on his wife, even if he did not love her or want to be there, he was sneaking. If he was not why didn't he give you the house number and tell you to call anytime. The marriage was probably a sham for Joe Public she should have advised Johnny to call after the divorce and the dust settled. She is no more than the average mistress-Jamila-Hue this was not destiny it was an ole fashioned case of cheating.

May 1, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  23. Lella

John Edwards chose to get married. HE took the vows at the alter and he committed himself to his wife. HE CHOSE to have a family with his wife. HE also CHOSE to cheat on his wife and HE CHOSE to cheat with Rielle Hunter. Rielle Hunter could be anyone folks, come on. Her comment to John about being "HOT" didn't MAKE John Edwards cheat....HE CHOSE TO CHEAT because HE wanted to. It just so happened that Rielle is the one (that we know of) that caught his eye.....for whatever reason. So, who is really to blame here? Rielle, the supposed homewrecker....or John....THE HOMEWRECKER??? HE chose to wreck HIS home by cheating. She did not legally have to abide by HIS martial vows. They were HIS vows. He made the committment. Again, Rielle...is who HE chose to stray with. Bottom line, is that HE CHOSE TO STRAY. HE CHOSE to have an affair. Rielle is not the homewrecker folks, John IS. He is HIS homewrecker. I have no idea why society blames the mistresses in affairs, when in fact it should be the cheater in the marriage that should be blamed. I mean, did Rielle put a gun to his head and MAKE him cheat....or, did he it all on his own FREE WILL? I mean come on....realistically speaking, Rielle doesn't owe anybody anything. The fact that she even went on Oprah was something she didn't owe anyone...but maybe she needed to air her side...seeing as she is the one taking the brunt for John's infidelity....and being labelled as the horrible homewrecker. Clearly she doesn't see it that way...because there is always more to the story that outside world may be aware of. Maybe her morals are not in check with what society would deem proper and ethical by being with a married man, but clearly the most important factor here, is that JOHN'S MORALS and ETHICS...and MARITAL VOWS WERE CLEARLY NOT IN CHECK.....and at the end of the day....HIS CHOICES ARE THE ONES THAT WE SHOULD BE SHUNNING and discussing....because HE is the MARRIED ONE....not Rielle. Bottom line, Rielle never cheated.....JOHN DID!

April 30, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jamila Hue

I believed every word in her interview. She knows the truth about Edwards and his marriage. I liked her. Rielle is not a goldigger or a bimbo, her father was a wealthy lawyer, and I'm sure she was doing fine financially on her own. Sometimes when a Man is ready to move on, and the wife is living a lie , the wife will do anything to keep the marriage intact. But there is no hope for their marriage. The affair happened because of destiny ...he was meant to have that child , and move on with his life with Rielle...
    The people posting there blogs are being cruel and spreading more lies...
    JUDGE YOUR CHARACTER FIRST BEFORE YOU JUDGE ANOTHER..

April 30, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tammy

It takes two to tango. She can not say she didn't know he was married or that their marriage was in trouble, I don't believe that. I don't have any respect for any woman or man who has an affair with someone who is married. Why get married if you are going to cheat on your spouse. Stand up and tell them you don't want to be married anymore. Wait till you are divorced before you go out with someone.

April 30, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sher

I do not understand those that are threatening to boycott Opray because of her journalism. Our instincts told us this lady was a tramp, the GQ photo spread confirmed that, and now in her own words she gives an exhibition of her delutional thinking. Oprah is smart enough to know that real journalism is letting a person hang themselves...and that is exactly what Rielle did. She was outsmarted as Oprah magically got her to admit she used no birth control in her scheme to hook herself a child, life income, and fulfill her need to be in the tabloids! Only the utterly stupid will buy that a REAL, AUTHENTIC, man chooses a bimbo over a highly educated woman, dedicated woman, and beautiful beyond Rielle-ality in EVERY way that matters. This interview was a gift to Elizabeth Edwards and I am sure she is THANKING Oprah for it!

April 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Mary

I did watch that freaking interview with o; I can't really believe my ears-I was so gor Edwards for prez. I learned something though, omg never believe in someone–sht this guy freaking fooled me. Hunter, you are truly delusional- I'm so glad Obama didn't pick you as a running mate! Cause you could have brought us all down–I do admire o for her interview skills-holy Jesus–and yes I feel for the baby! You h
    reille are still a sad piece of work-although I believe you are trying- what planet are you from? God help us all

April 30, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Smart Blonde with Morals

....and some of us wonder how Dumb Blonde jokes got started!? Now we know! This lady needs mental help.

April 30, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  29. julie

Hunter wanted money and she got it. She is no much of a worker. Can we ask her to produce her birth certificate to verify she is not her illegally?

April 30, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lovey

This was just sad. That poor child. 2 parents that don't have a stinking clue about anything. ......sad I tell you.

April 30, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  31. Norman

This lady is a nut case. She wasn't on birth control because she wanted to have his baby. You can tell by the way she talks about John Edwards. Reading some of her statements tells you this lady is in another world. I don't doubt she loves him. Does the term "fatal attraction" mean anything?

April 30, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. Susan

My biggest hope is that "Real Hunter" (she WAS hunting that day she bumped into him) does not end up getting Elizabeth's children to raise if she dies.) She is just one more sleaze in a world full of them.

April 30, 2010 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. Lynn Ellis

I feel so sorry for the Edwards' children having to live with the
    selfishness of their father. I find Ms. Hunter very sick and very
    sad. If she wants to "help" someone, she should shut her
    mouth and move out of the public eye and take care of her
    child.

April 30, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  34. Michele

Ok you knew he was married but chose to sleep with him without using protection or being on the pill mistake one. You chose to get pregnant and he then denies he is the father, mistake two. Then you have the gall the unmitagated gall to pose for the those photos and now claim you didn't know they would be shot that way, mistake three. But the biggest mistake you ever did was come onto a married man who's wife was dying of cancer. Your so full of yourself you and Johny belong together, because you both believe the bile that comes out of your mouth. I wish and pray that this is your final interview on the subject and you just go back to the gutter where you came from. How dare you not say to Oprah yes I did and do hurt Mrs. Edwards, can you imagine all the pain she has had to deal with in her life. I don't envy anyone loosing a child in the manner they did and then having the courage to have two more. Then to find out your dying.

This is coming from someone who believed in his campaign and his tagline of family values, some values that man has and you have none. You should have told him figure out your life and if you become single then we can date. Omg now you wonder why some people have issues with you and him. I really do pray for your soul when you meet your maker many years from now. And now you have a need for bounderies, what happend to the boudry of not sleeping and getting pregant by a married man did you not respect. I hope the Youngs find away to get that tape released after Mrs. Edwards passes, she has endured enough at the hand of you!

April 30, 2010 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  35. Anne

I was sickened more and more as I watched this interview, hoping to get a glimpse of remorse for what she had done, but to no avail. She actually feels it was 'ok' because the Edwards' marriage was on the rocks – I can not tell you how many times I have hear people say this and every time it repulses me more. If a man is married, leave him alone, it's that simple – tell him to give you a call when the papers are signed... be the better person. She kept talking about truth and how the people were blaming things that happened in their lives and not her... that's b.s.... she is trying to find a way out of her own guilt. Even Oprah wasn't buying it, that was clear. This woman destroyed a family IMO, by not giving them a chance to repair things on their own. Here is your 'truth'... when you are propositioned by someone you know is married... just say no. BTW - at her age did nobody inform her of birth control??? Hello!

April 30, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  36. Rebecca

Trash this woman is nothing but trash. I bet John Edwards is banging himself while he's watches his Wh$%e flaunts herself on television. Honestly with all the mistresses moving up in the world with their famous cheats they surpass Steve Jobs and Bill Gates when it comes to the riches people in the world. To think all I had to do was open my legs and not the text books. Mom I was right it does pay to be a trash wh$%e.

April 30, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  37. Laura A.

The "authentic, truth" Ms Hunter speaks of sounds like authentic tabloid trash. If "finding" his or her truth, or "living" it, is to blatantly lie, cheat on a spouse, then continue to create a negatively-received public display of it all, then this IS clearly their truth.
    And to describe she is "learning" from each decision, while admitting those have been regrettable actions, is further example of how far off Ms Hunter is from what most people consider self-truth living to be. They most certainly aren't living a truthful life as role-model parents to that precious baby. And things are now different and private. . . .
    Then to the question, with a non-answer: Do you think you hurt Elisabeth Edwards? "You would have to ask her; I don't know the answer to that." Well, that is just insulting to the intelligence of any person who has had to deal with an interloper in a relationship they valued.

April 30, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  38. reaile

thank you reile for saving the USA from John edwards

April 30, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  39. snoop

This is sad......pooooooor Liz

April 29, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Pauline

Wow...out of her own mouth. The thing that is stunning is that she has no remorse and seems to believe that "the power of love" overcame her concerns about Edwards being married with children. The whole "I wanted to help him live an authentic life" may be heartfelt on her part but it is entirely malevolent.

April 29, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. trailertrashNOT

People who live in trailers are NOT trash. What a terrible thing to think and say.

April 29, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. val

Rielle is egocentric and has no social conscientiousness. She is clearly missing a sensitivity chip. I am disappointed that Oprah did not help her see another perspective besides hers. I hope that one day she feels the same grief and pain she has inflicted on others.

April 29, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Carol Terry

She and John Edwards are disgusting.

April 29, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  44. kikki

There are always stop signs with tempation, always an out and she didn't take it. Rielle is very kniving and devious with no conscience. A man is very visual and easily distracted and John go caught up in her web.

April 29, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Phuleeeeez!

Rielle Hunter and John Edwards are delusional and in need of moral guidance and general common sense training. It is truly amazing the lies some people with tell themselves to justify their bad behavior and then try to sell that line to others. No ones buying it!

April 29, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. limewire

lmao amazing stuff man.

April 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. LHALLIS

She knew exactly what she was doing. She didn't care who she hurt. She didn't use birth control and he was okay with that? I find that hard to believe. This would be a married man's worse nightmare. Their partner becoming pregnant. It would not be something that they would be happy about or celebrate. As other have said, it he was the average joe, she wouldn't have attempted to become pregnant. She wouldn't give him the time of day.

April 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  48. tammiek

She IS a homewrecker and a pig and some day Karma will come back to her.

April 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  49. derra

She meets Edwards and in ONE evening is the expert on "helping" him. Hunter is a needy, clinging ,pathetic, male serving vessel.
    Edwards is an opportunist in a man's world. Elizabeth Edwards is a victim of his lies. Their children are humilated by his "authentic"acts.His "authentic self" took off his pants, screwed a willing cheerleader, and created a life that shouldn't even exist, ALL because he wouldn't put on a condom. That's his authentic self.

April 29, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jaime

Wow, she is such a wierdo tramp. And what's with the "I need boundaries" and will (now) not disclose if she and "Johnny" are together since he left his wife? Probably because they aren't, but she wants the general public to buy into the fact that they are soul mates and are living happily ever after. PUKE.

April 29, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ben travis

as child of a father who was unfaithful, i can honestly says she just didn't hurt his wife BUT HIS CHILDREN. what a bleep! to both

April 29, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. carolsandiego

The craven amorality of this woman is not to be believed.
    What's laughable is that she is too stupid to get what we can all so easily see.

April 29, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Terry Wilfong

No one should willing sleep with a married person. If the married person is so unhappy let them get a divorce. Some people are just players.

April 29, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Julie

Wasn't it fortuitous how John Edwards withdrew from the primary by saying, "I do not want to stand in the way of history being made." He had the perfect way to cover up what was really going on at the time and withdraw from the race ensuring this would have never blown up during his campaign.

April 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  55. GuestColin

Hunter, when he said he wanted your help...he just meant with the zipper on his pants. Women really need to stop reading into things...

April 29, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  56. GS

I liked her.

April 29, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  57. VV

Human nature is much more powerful than laws of society. They should allow marriage with multiple partners, like Moses had. Problem solved.

April 29, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. CBW

Lisa Jo Hunter is her REAL NAME....evidently this DELUSIONAL broad is no more truthful than the many politicians who lie to America..

"truth" to this piece of trash is only whatever she wishes for..

she has a fake name for crying out loud..she's a phony , that's how so few of us see you...the rest of the world fortunately has never heard of you and will never hear of you...

creepy witch go back under your rock now..

April 29, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Debbie Ingram

You know I am going to say what I have been told for so long. If you don't take care of your mate someone else will. So did John's wife fail to do that? And also, maybe he wanted out. I agree, that is no way to take care of your wife by sneaking around on her but, we don't know what went on in their home., Maybe, a new life was what John wanted. No one should treat them like they are loser's. Or call them names. No one really knows what took place in that home.
    I totally feel like no one should cheat. I will always feel that way. But, it did happen and now he has a child so he should be responsible and take care of that baby. I am on the babies side on this one. She is the one I really feel sorry for.

April 29, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Baylor Capers

Rielle Hunter's story about her affair and John Edwards' "truth" is so hilarious I am laughing out loud while at work. Her view of "authenticity" I believe is slightly less evolved than my 10 year old daughter's.
    Rielle & John – Get a grip!!

April 29, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Anne McNeff

They were in "lust" not love. she is delusional. she shed a tear to think her baby would be responsible for John not running for President.,,,She is a tramp, plain and simple...with a crooked mouth to boot...and bleached hair, A putana....plain as day.

April 29, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Anna

I hate the kind of women who knowingly have an affair with married men and think there's nothing wrong with it. All that crap about how "the marriage was already in trouble when I got there" and "not my marriage vows, not my problem" are evident of an individual who cares only for herself and has no problem hurting others (the wife and children) to get what she wants. She's helping him do something cruel and selfish. She's not absolved of all blame simply because she's not married. Since when is it okay to do something harmful and damaging and claim it’s not her problem?

Please note that I'm not excusing the disgusting husbands who betray their families. I have even harsher words for them. Simply that this article is about Rielle, so that's what my comment is focused on.

April 29, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Larose

This stupid woman is so full of herself. I watched the interview, she showed no remorse, no regrets. I feel sorry for her daughter to have that as a mother. She is stupid and yes, I think she is on drugs too.

April 29, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  64. a.evans

She talked about her daughter but do not recall a word about the
    children he has with Elizabeth. What does she think all of this has done to them? They are both very selfish and care only about themselves

April 29, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. SSmith

ha ha ha....when OW asks her if she and Edwards are still having a relationship she acts like she's 4yrs old and shy says 'it's private' with a big smile. Now she wants privacy?? Nuts. Just nuts.

April 29, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Pure disgust

I agree with those who feel sorry for their daughter. However, I have greater concern for the Edwards' children. They're old enough to read all of the trash circulating while, at the same time, having to deal with the knowledge of their mother's terminal illness. Their situation seems to have been ignored.

April 29, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. jean

She is just stupid and so is Edwards.

April 29, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. lin

looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...duck!
    tramp

April 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  69. usalone

It is easy to put blinders on oneself about his/her actions. Edwards was wrong but so was she. No one should approach a married man/woman. Anyone who does it has ulterior ambitions and they are only kidding themselves if they think such actions are innocent. This woman has no values. The real shame of this is any unpleasantness put upon their daughter or the Edwards' children. No matter what Mrs. Edwards is like, it is inconscionable that someone would take advantage of her cancerous situation.

April 29, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. westlagal

Wow! They were both involved with no protection, and I'm not talking about Edwards security men, if he had any. They used no protection and both KNEW a child could produce. That's insane. That's a woman with an agenda.

Why are all these home wreckers, mistresses, gold diggers getting so much press AND getting paid for it THEN asking for an apology THEN thinking their actions were all justifiable. Next she's going to write a book. Or has she already and I haven't heard.

April 29, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Adamantly Myself

Rielle Hunter is delusional.

April 29, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. OneBetaMom

jega5547 – I agree as it makes me sick to my stomach too. But I have to say that it really does matter when a public figure leads a complete double life such as this. The low morals, the fact that lies can so easily roll off their tounges – all speak to the person that they are. It does matter.

April 29, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  73. surferguy

Folks, are we really so deep down as a society to waste our life time for this sorts of crap: Rielle's confessions, Laura's and Sarah's memoirs, etc.? We not only waste our time but make this pitiful crowd thrive on the useless stuff they are selling and we are buying ...

April 29, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Faye

It takes 2 to make or break a marriage not 3. If a man or woman is unhappy in their marriage the decent thing to do is to seperate before looking for someone new to fulfill them. Karma is alive and well, ask Lionel Richie. He married his home wrecking mistress and she took him for record breaking alimony.

The people who have made comments about those of us who have expressed our comments "needing to get a life"...why are you even commenting on this story if YOU have no interest?

April 29, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Whatevah

I was trying to help him find his authentic self...with my v@gin@.

April 29, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. LRJnVA

He's a dirt bag and she's a home wrecker. She can say what she wants but the facts are the facts. He had an extramarital affair while running for president (just plain dumb) and she was looking in his wife's eyes regularly knowing what she was doing. Neither deserve the effort of this article or our time.

April 29, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  77. RUKidding

I won't watch this, I am sick of these women who sleep with men they know are married and then want us to fell sorry for them. Especially this one – I won't even buy Oprah's magazine anymore. Who wants to support trash like this? It seems as though Rielle wants some kind of respect for her coming out like this but it ain't happening, especially with Elizabeth being sick. She's a heartless gold digger who wants boundaries for her personal life. Poor kid, what screwed up parents – and her legacy will be... the illigit baby of a pres wanta be. How sad.

April 29, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  78. julie

Edwards, Young and Hunter -what a bunch of creeps (in that order)

April 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Cool Jerk

Alright, I never comment, but for this woman to say that she trusts Edwards very much is outrageous. Does she truly believe that even though he is a serial and spectacular liar, she will be the lone person he is truthful with? That woman will eventually be treated the same as everyone else.

April 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. blunsam

Remember the old saying: Throw a bone at a dog and he will jump on it. Wish someone would throw me a bone.

April 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Kate

Wow, does she believe the things she says? She believes in honesty....she is involved with a man who does nothing but lie. She would never hurt anyone...she has an affair with a married man with children. This is a woman who needs some serious help!!

April 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  82. elo

This so-called lady is a crazy narcissist. She definately has a clinically defined personality disorder. She is like that woman in Fatal Attraction. What a trash.

April 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Susan

We should just be so thankful that this man is not the president of our country or even a senator. He proved that he didn't care for his party or his country or his family or his wife. We all know what he DID care about. And that's what got him in trouble.

April 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Amy

what a piece of trash....they deserve each other

April 29, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  85. livfreerdie

She claims to love Edwards. If she really loved him and her child she wouldn't kiss and tell. She simply would keep her mouth shut.

April 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. samiam

Foolish woman .

April 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  87. NanaPam

I just keep thinking about the aide's wife. How did that conversation go? "Oh honey, I'm going to pretend I've been having an affair and that this tramp's baby is really mine and not Edwards'. You won't mind being humiliated and talked about, will you?" Obviously, Edwards' aides were not picked for their morals–or loyalty to their families.

April 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  88. dianeNYC

What a pile of BS. This is what this country has come to. Shame on CNN for reporting this and shame on Oprah for giving her a forum and shame on me for wasting my time on it.
    The biggest joke/quote: she wanted to help him discover his true self. . yeah, by helping him live a lie with his life and family.

April 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  89. NeverTemptFate

Karma is gonna bite her in the A** and she is going to be in an "authentic world of hurt" when the Devil takes that big stick she gave him to hit her with -and he spends the rest of her life beating the hell out of her with it! THAT'S THE TRUTH MISS HUNTER! Let's see if the love she feels will overpower the tremendous hell she has brought to her life and if Johnny is going to be her "authentic man"...I seriousy doubt it..................................................................................When poor Elizabeth finally meets with the demise of her cancer, I hope she comes back to haunt the sh** out of the both of them! But then again, Elizabeth Edwards has too much class. I am sure the Devil will be enough to wreak plenty havoc in both their lives. When that poor chld finally gets to see her dather look into a camera and deny her...that is hell on earth, for her...and for them too. Johnny-you can't unring that bell!

April 29, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  90. C Greene

Another tramp home reacker mistress. This is the blood -line of Main-street America....

April 29, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  91. rocky

This thing is disgusting, and it gives women a bad name.

April 29, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Lorrie

Regardless of the overwhelming negative response, Oprah still decided to air the Reille Hunter interview.

Ms. Winfrey has made millions and now has decided to turn her back on the very same viewers that made her rich.

I will be posting a request to boycott the Oprah Show and the Reille Hunter book with EVERY media source I can find.

I hope you will join me in my effort to remind Oprah where the real power lies....with her viewers.

April 29, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Linda

If she didn't, as she claims, know who he was then how could she possibly help him?

April 29, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. ShakinMyHead

My diagnosis: Bordeline Personality Disorder with narcississtic tendencies. She has the emotional and reasoning ability of a 9 year old. Poor Quinn, she did not deserve to be born to such terrible people for parents...very sad for her. Hunter and Edwards will live the rest of their lives in shame and delusion...or "life of truth" as Hunter babbles on about. The only thing that woman might know about truth is perhaps how to spell the word and I am not gonna bet my money on that! I could read in O's eyes...."this bi*ch is totally nuts..." LOL!!!!!!!

April 29, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  95. diane

Blechhh.

I'm sure Rielle will completely understand when "Johnny" hooks up with the next bimbo. Ain't "love" grand??

April 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  96. soulsister2

Absolute piece of trash.Is she so retarded that she even believes 1% of the BS that flows from her corrupt mouth?? Amazing how these predatory women will spin the most absurd tales to justify their deplorable behavior...and actually expect us to believe it! Not that "Johnny" is any better. Feel very sorry for the little girl stuck with these two losers as parents...how will all this affect her life? Of ciourse, thinking of anyone but themselves would be a novel experience for these two pathetically aelf-centered idiots. How sad for Elizabeth and all the children involved...who deserve a real parent rather than some midlife crisis guy trying to find his "real self" in a hotel room paired with a homewrecker.

April 29, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  97. let's be honest

Yea, right she didn't know who John Edwards was. She had
    probably been stalking him for days waiting for the perfect moment to bump into him.

April 29, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  98. San Diego Gal

To SkiDoc's "And fornication criminalized??? The Kennedys would all be in jail!"

All those Kennedys that would be in jail are all dead. So that would be one creepy jail cell.

April 29, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Anne

The classic progression of infidelity (found in the professional literature) is this...first the guy sleeps with someone, not his wife, he then justifies it by deciding that his marriage was never any good in the first place.
    Soon a self fulfilling prophecy unfurls, as lies distance
    him from his wife and family. He becomes a cold hearted, lying, cheating "monster." It's so boilerplate, it would be boring, were it not so horrific.
    Oprah, bring the professionals to this conversation. Self-indulgent
    drivel needs to be unmasked...it's bad, dangerous stuff.

April 29, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Katy DeMarr

Give me a BREAK!!! Why all the rant's at the mistress..... and so little for the manipulative Mr. Edwards who somehow believes he has the right to maintain both the "appearance" of a marriage, and the luxury of a mistress! While she is nothing more than "the homewrecker" For God's sake – guys – you just can't have everything you want! Or do you actually pretend to believe the stupid Mr. Edwards had no choice? Men who have affairs are equally to blame as the women who allow it.

April 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Karen

The NO birth Control thing is what gets me. Stupid cow. If you're in love, fine...whatever but NO BIRTHCONTROL?
    Frontal Lobotomy anyone??

April 29, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Joe

This whole mes came as no suprise to anyone with any ability at all to assess character. If you voted for Edwards, might I suggest you consider never voting again?

April 29, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Cher

and this man wanted to become President – and how would that have been if (interview denying baby was his) (him becoming President) it had gone ahead and he'd won! scarry! these people (his aide who claimed the baby was his, this "mistress" who is in la-la-land and John Edwards) so many people want their donations to his political campaign returned! ugh!

April 29, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jim

The man was a candidate for vice-president of the United States in 2004. Yet, she claims, in 2006 she met him and had no idea who he was? I don't buy it for a minute.

April 29, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Nena

they stoned people to death like her during bibilical times. They call them "adulterers"
    It is also the sixth commandment "thou shalt not commit adultery"

April 29, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  106. SkiDoc

She believes what she is saying, but of course, all those moralists out there condemn her. Why don't those same moralists apply their judgement on Obama who is sucking the life out of our country? And fornication criminalized??? The Kennedys would all be in jail!

April 29, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ragnall

What goes around, comes around. As I said to my brother's mistress who was singing the same song as this "Hunter". "My brother's a snake, if he betrayed his wife for you, he'll betray you with someone else who will be singing your song."

"I'm innocent." "It's not my fault."

The fact remains: "The Hunter" had a choice. Yes or No. She picked "Yes." She deserves to take the judgment for her deeds. It is called "responsibility". Look it up "Hunter".

Oh, and "Hunter", here is another truism: "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it."

April 29, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  108. deb

wait till their little girl grows up and discovers what authentic parents she has...lets be forever thank ful Johnny didn't become president,,,Hunter you are one big joke to the world...more important wait till your daughter gets older and has to live with your choices..thinking you will have one messed up kid or a kid who will truly hate you and for all the correct reasons..you are truly a low life pathetic poor excuse for a human

April 29, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. San Diego Gal

Dear Lord, "People are against me because they bought into the myth of them having a fairy tale marriage"

Noooooo we are against you for having an affair while Mrs Edwards was fighting CANCER!!! How low can you get? No matter how much you spin this you are still a turd. Take a que from John Edwards and just dissapear from public view.

April 29, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  110. MadCityBabe

Dont you just love how this piece of trash chooses just the right words to sound soooo intellectual about this affair. Who the Hell is she kidding, she screwed a married man, got knocked up.....and still loves him even though he initially denied paternity........he's a loser-coward.....she's sooo delusional if she thinks she's going to have any kind of series relationship with him..........dump-city baby

April 29, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  111. alansgal

Ms. Hunter is trying to make this somehow romantic. It wasn't and it isn't. In my opinion, unless she was living under a rock during the 2004 Presidential campaign when he first ran to become the Democratic Presidential nominee and then as John Kerry's vice-presidential pick, she knew exactly who John Edwards was and she made a move and she struck pay dirt. Everything we are hearing at this point is coming from Ms. Hunter and she has proven how trustworthy she can be. Is it possible the Edwards marriage was broken? Perhaps. Is it possible that it was under an inordinate amount of stress as a result of Elizabeth's cancer? Likely. Is this a couple that had been through more than its share of tragedy (losing Wade in an automobile accident, Elizabeth's health)? Yes. Whatever was going on in the marriage (and please do not take the word of Rielle Hunter as gospel) we will never know. What we do know is that an opportunistic tramp set her sights on Edwards and got what she wanted. I would imagine she convinced him that she was taking birth control and I believe the pregnancy was intended on her part. Ms. Hunter and Mr. Edwards deserve whatever unpleasantness comes their way. My heart goes out to Elizabeth, her children and Ms. Hunter's daughter for having their lives forever impacted by these two very selfish creatures.

April 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Isabel

How do you not know who John Edwards was in 2006? He was the vice presidential candidate in '04. That's pure craziness!

April 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  113. sanret

adultrey / fornication need to be criminalized again.

April 29, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Miguel

So disappointed in Oprah for giving her the opportunity to talk. There is no excuse or explanation necessary for dating a married man. I hope she teaches her daughter better.

Edwards, Young, and Hunter are things of the past. None can be trusted or believed – I guess that's why Oprah interviewed her. Oprah too, is becoming a thing of the past. None of them a future ahead of them. Hopefully people will continue to see Oprah for what she is and just start to ignore her even more.

April 29, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  115. T. J. Garrison

They're both pathetic liars, attention seekers and idiots. On another subject, I'm sad to say that Oprah's decision to do this interview was on the same level as the supermarket tabloids. It's a new low for her. I thought she had way more class than that. NOTHING that Hunter might say could justify the need to share this you-know-what with Oprah's audience. Bad, bad decision. I doubt I'll ever watch Oprah again.

April 29, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  116. NoName

Only in America can a worthless queen of tarts like Rielle Hunter sleep with a famous, shameless politician, cheating on a good woman with cancer, then say none of it was her fault. She's getting far too much free publicity for being a tramp. Kick her to the curb Oprah. You must really be running out of people to interview. What's next? Are you going to interview serial child molesters for "their story?"

April 29, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Louise

My feeling on Rielle Hunter is that she is one of a new breed of young women who has no real sense of what is right or wrong! Like so many people today who have no sense! She said that "John Edwards" was available " Hello! He was married and the fact that that his marriage was having problems was not a red light! saying that he was available!

April 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Martina

Why so much hatred for this woman? She may not be particularly smart. What smart woman would get involved with a guy like Edwards. But keep your stupid puritanical mores to yourself, people.

April 29, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Katrinanyc

Get a therapist, Rielle. You are truly in denial about your authentic insanity and selfishness.

April 29, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Marie

One more thing...I am just sickened by the lack of respect people have for themselves and for others.

April 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  121. amazed

"Helpless with their emotions"??

Translate that, "selfish people with no self-control, willpower or consideration for anyone else on the planet, including their supposed soul mate"! No wonder the world is going to hell.

April 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Marie

".....she was aware that he was married, but didn’t know anything about his relationship, and didn’t see anything weird or wrong about going to his hotel room."

Seriously? There is nothing wrong with going to a married man's hotel room? Wow. Grow a brain.

April 29, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  123. May

Karma–say what you want, but renewing vows with your wife knowing you have a pregnant mistress is disgusting. I don't care what your opinions about cheating are, but playing around with vows the way Edwards did completely destroys the meaning of marriage.

And people wonder why over 50% of marriages end in divorce. HA!

April 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  124. CSiatl1970

I dont know why people are blaming Edward and this lady. How does it matter what they did in their lifes. Also two people can fall in luv anytime,may be they were helpless by their emotions. They knew the outcome very well. What they did in their personal lifes is their problem.

April 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Celine in AZ

I think Vicky, above, said it best. They are truly two disgusting people.

April 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Jimmy

Rielle isn't ever her name just the latest one she made up, just like the "career" she has, clearly she has issues with reality and thinks she can imagine some great love story occured. If he had an ounce of respect or real love for her he would have ended the relationship with his wife before starting one with her. As it stands she is only the person he screwed with because he was feeling needy during his wife's illness. And is he with her now? professing all his love? Standing up to those who call her names? All evidence points to him wanting to avoid her like the plague. Hope the guilty moments he spent with space cadet were worth it though somehow I doubt it haha.

April 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  127. mamajimmie

the problem with all this is the delusional thought that if you follow your heart it's not wrong....whatever...girl, it was wrong and it wasn't ever going to end happily for anyone. The man was running for president of the united states, for God's sake. How did she and he think they could move forward. The whole thing was a lie....and they both knew she wasn't using birth control??? Sick. Sick and wrong.

April 29, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Anna

Following her logic–if Ms. Hunter's marriage were in trouble, does that mean her husband should just go out and cheat on her? Problems justify cheating? Sorry Ms. Hunter, you played a part in the homewrecking story. The self-delusion and lack of responsibility you display make it all the more distasteful.

April 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  129. From Missouri

It's called MORALS!!! Or rather lack of morals!! We SHOULD all care.....if they want to keep it private and quiet then keep it off Oprah and all other media avenues!!! Not caring goes to show the lack of moral character some have ....or don't have!! And no she didn't make a promise to Elizabeth but it is still called adultery for both Reille and Johnny!!! And the penalty is the same!!!

April 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Jen

This homewrecker and golddigger is right about one thing: she certainly helped people see who he really is. Who knew his 'authentic self' was a piece of garbage who would cheat on a woman with terminal cancer? Thanks for clearing that up, Rielle.

April 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  131. amazed

Can this woman really say she's going to help JE become authenthic by supporting his lies, and not expect people to laugh in her face?

Delusional.

April 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  132. sunshine

oh by the way–I'm getting a little tired of people who "don't care" about other people's problems posting about it as if they're so above it all–if you don't care–then don't read about it , don't post about it–just DON'T!

April 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Teresa

So she carries on an afair and has a child with a high profile married man and she doesn't like the way she is being portrayed? Then she should not have made this whole thing public. She wanted and got the media attention and and she got it, so go away now. Go back to fantasy land where you thiink that "Johnny" loves you. He loves himself and power. I would not call her a home wrecker, I'd just call her stupid.

April 29, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Mckenzie

Authentic self?!? You DID contribute to the break up of his marriage! GO SEE A SHRINK & stay out of the public eye because no one really cares what you say!!

April 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Vicky B

Give me a break, Rielle. No matter how hard you try to justify your behavior for breaking into a marriage (troubled or otherwise), you are dead wrong in what you've done. You did not love this man... you simply felt the need to nurture a hurt soul who was having problems but who knew exactly what he was doing when he laid with you. Not only did he play you for a fool, but you YOURSELF broke that troubled marriage into pieces. SHAME ON YOU.

You do not deserve any kind of positive media coverage or any acceptance from the public. And, quite frankly, I am appauled that Oprah even gave you the time of day. You broke Elizabeth's heart and, for that, you should pay big time by ridicule for the rest of your life.

How can you even look in the mirror and smile each day?? You are truly a pathetic individual. And, I feel so bad for the child you and that man brought into this world. To have both of you as parents is disgusting.

April 29, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Alicia

I don't understand why you all hate her. It is a pretty obvious situation. Edwards's marriage was in ruins long before she entered the picture. I agree with her, if the marriage is strong, no third party can ever come between husband and wife. Unfortunately, as a politician, his life is in everyone's view and for some reason it is expected that you stay with the wife you chose 30 years ago even if you are not happy just for the sake of the political image. Look at the Clintons. It's the same thing. There is certainly no love or affection but they will stay together as well for Hillary's sake and her future in politics. So, the only thing he did wrong is lied to his wife. As a man, he should have told her the truth. It makes no difference whether she is sick or not. He should have been honest with her. However, it is pretty clear that he does not love Elizabeth and she is certainly not the poor little forgotten wife. Every wife knows if your husband is no longer in love with you. It is obvious. Therefore, the marriage failure lays on both of them and they just should have been more honest with each other and separated a long time ago. I don't blame Rielle for any of this. She meet someone she loved. She knew he was married and she is not a bad person. I think she does not deserve all this.

April 29, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Tracy

Bahahahahahahahaahahaha!! *snort* heheheheh....Oh, puhleeze!

April 29, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Style

Karma- no one agrees with you.

"And as for the home-wrecking accusations, Hunter observed, "It’s not my experience that a third party can wreck a home. A home is wrecked before a third party comes into the picture."

Now I have heard it all.

April 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Kathy

How does one find his authentic self by lying?

April 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  140. scratchy

Mommy mommy, make her stop!

April 29, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  141. TYG

I don't know why women go after married men and then proceed to drag children into the mess like they have the right! First of all there is no right in this mess and then try to make a mockery of it. What a stank garden tool! Why drag innocent children into this mess. The poor kid, yeah my mommy is a dirty garden tool who jumped a married man's bones......So truly disgusting. When are we going to start holding these tricks accountable?? It's time ladies.

April 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  142. unbelievable

All married men who decide to have a little on the side love to tell the tale of how their wife doesn't understand them, doesn't ever want to have s** with them, the marriage is over, etc. This is how they justify to themselves and their mistress that they can have an affair without feeling guilty. It's called "fantasy." The affairs seldom lead to a marriage with the mistress, however, once reality sets in.

April 29, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Beverly - NYC

Remember the good olde days , when you slept with a married man you were labled a tramp. Now you get a sit down with Oprah, an advice column in the New your Post ( Spitzer's professional) and a correspondent job on Extra ( Tiger's # whatever).

Rielle now I see why you appealed to Senator Cheater, neither one of you know how to tell the truth. You knew Edwards was married but not the nature of his relationship, please lady all you needed to know was that he was married end of story. A babe in the woods you are not. Hope you come up with a better story for your daughter when the time comes.

Remember one thing honey the man who marries the mistress leaves a job opening

April 29, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  144. sunshine

I need a shower!

April 29, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  145. chris

sorry you had slept with a dude who you knew was married. doesn't matter if he hated his wife or not. you knew he was married when you 2 hit it!!! you get what you get!!! it wasn't a mystery

April 29, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Monrob

All three of them, no, four of them, are trash, Oprah included!

April 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  147. pat

I don't think Edwards is pitiful or dumb. He walked into that relationship with his eyes wide open and deserves the disrespect he is getting. I spent hours working for that man's campaign and now I regret it. It takes two – and Hunter can't be the only one to blame. The big question is is why no birth control? The baby only complicated things for them.

April 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Monrob

Oh, please, all of them, the three of them, Edwards, Mistress and Elizabeth lie.

Just go away.

April 29, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Rhonda

Had it not been Ms Hunter, it would have been someone else. Had it not been Mr. Edwards, it would have been someone else. My heart goes out to their child who is the one to really be impacted by these selfish parents.

April 29, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Morals

hey Karma,
    Just because you do not have any morals doesn't mean the majority of the country doesn't either. Marriage is sacred. It is a promise of fidelity. If someone is going to go on TV and play down the idea of marriage and crap on it like she has then ANYONE watching has the right to stand up for marriage and fight for it. Fight America. Fight for your marriage. Fight for your family. Let us not live to be the sad statistics of our parents.

April 29, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Sher

What part of himself did John Edwards find? The only place she helped him look was in his trousers! So if you find yourself it is a prize to be treasured…even if you hurt your loved ones alive, buried, and with terminal illness? I am very interested to know if Edwards thinks the disgrace, humiliation, and shame was worth the little scavenger hunt he found in HER pants. Oh, wait, she doesn’t wear pants!

April 29, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  152. dfc

She feels she is being "judged" ? Well didn't Rielle Hunter "judge" the Edwards's marriage to have problems. That she is NOT a homewrecker the marriage was already in trouble. Wait ! did she figure this out before or after Edward's hotel room visit.

Rielle you are guilty of Judging the privacy of the Edward's marriage. You weren't in it–so you can't say. However the Edward's breakup YOU WERE most Definately in.

April 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  153. djmarch

Ahhh come on woman...saying he didn't know who he was...What a lie...Wanted the fame and money from the very minute....Interesting she never discussed the video that was made...

April 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  154. BradKT

Her sense of self-worth is so low that being noticed is all that matters...even if it means that she is a homewrecking tramp in the eyes of everyone else. All that matters to her is that someone else thinks she's important...or so she thinks.

She fell in love with the fact that John Edwards actually noticed her...and all it took for John Edwards to get her in bed was the oldest line in the book.

So...has John Edwards been with her lately or has he just sent her money?

April 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  155. jillis

Rielle Hunter is a liar, golddigger and tramp. PERIOD!
    John Edwards is pitiful and literally a dumb idiot... not only because he got Rielle pregnant but because he actually believes she cares about him. She's a smart tramp!

April 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  156. karen

Hunter is clearly not thinking about her role as a mother – how about shutting up and getting out of the public eye so that little girl can have a hope for a normal life?

April 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Thankful

Thank God we didnt elect him President....now GO AWAY JOHN....Find yourself without us having to hear about it!

April 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Dawn

Her personal life need "boundaries".
    What boundaries? If she thought there should be boundaries, then she should honestly shut up.
    She is nothing more than an opportunist. I am not blaming her totally
    for the affair, because it takes two.
    If she were a decent person, the moment she realized that John was married, she should have walked away.
    She is no marriage Counsellor, which is what he needed to find his " authentic self" as she puts it . She sounds so nauseating.
    I guess you really cannot change stupid.

April 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Bob Dog

Wonderful entertainment! Its so much fun to watch the intimate details of horror, as people destroy their lives in front of millions of people. I do fell sorry for Elizabeth.

Aside from that, this is great entertainment. Most of the rest of us can continue to go home every day, content in the truth that we haven't betrayed our spouse, our children, our employees, ourselves, and our nation.

I disagree with posters who feel Ms. Hunter should go away. She should be worth many more months if not years of free entertainment.

I agree with posters who conclude John Edwards did in fact find truth – in Ms. Hunter's panties.

April 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  160. alumette

Someone said Rielle was a real lady. Excuse me? That is in no way the definition of a "lady". She is a mistress, an opportunist and gold digger who will do anything to get what she wants. She got it and what now? That "relationship" with Edwards will never work. It is ruined. The next move is that she is likely a lesbian and hates men.

April 29, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Grabass

So, Karma, how many married men have you slept with? My guess is many. How many of them left their wives for you? My guess is none. You sound like a used-up piece of trash with severe self-esteem issues. You say wives should take some responsibility? What about yours? Women who knowlngly sleep with married men do not get a free pass to interlope in a marriage just because said marriage wasn't going well. Get some boundaries.

April 29, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Su

As far as I'm concerned, they deserve each other. She may not think she's a homewrecker/marriage wrecker, but she is. I really believe that she deliberately got pregnant (with Edwards' help, of course!) just so she could rake in the child-support dough. She knew JE was wealthy and also has wealthy connections, so she figured she'd be set for life or at least for 18 years, until the "love child" reaches emancipation. She is nothing but a gold digger. And JE is stupid for being blindingly trusting and not using birth control during their little fling. What a pair of idiots. She is as conniving as he is.

April 29, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Claudia, Houston, Tx

A loveless marriage is the worst thing that can happen to anybody and at some point someone must move on. The decision one takes to move on isn't always the right way but it's better sooner than later. It's painful but once you take the responsibility of what part you played it makes it easier to come to terms with. It happened to me and I tried to justify how his affair could have been better handled but no matter what it was still painful as I begged and pleaded not to end our marriage, it happened anyway. I never blamed the other woman because I didn't know her, but I must say what goes around comes around in life.

April 29, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  164. themoi

If these 2 had used birth control we wouldn't even be reading this story. To think she wouldn't get pregnant shows how delusional they are.

April 29, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Mtv

let's re-write the history of love on postyourloveforever.com

April 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  166. April

Angel,
    What ever made you think Oprah has class?

April 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  167. alumette

That's life in the political arena: make belief, cover-ups, looking good and lying through their teeth to get to the gold. The Edwards had likely many problems and Rielle focussed on the "fixing" of these problems. If Edwards had been a lonely and poor guy, she would not have given him the time of day. She zeroed on him with focus as she saw a vulnerable man who could be hers. His appeal was his money, prestige and possibilities. He is handsome and that made it easy. Rielle is an opportunist who looked for the right man to produce her child. She won and Edwards lost. He gained another child to raise, educate and watch grow as his own life has been a disgrace filled with lies and deception. Politically he is finished. I hope he understands the price of his indiscretion.

April 29, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Bird

Rielle Hunter, your 15 minutes is up. Now go away.

April 29, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  169. LEE

This is absolute crap. That woman saw an opportunity to exploit and she took it. She set out to get pregnant and she followed through. John Edwards is an idiot and the only good thing that she did is to show how weak and wrong he would be to be the leader of our country.

April 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  170. KDC

While I don't have any great love or admiration for Elizabeth Edwards (she's kinda boring, uninteresting and overweight) and do agree that the marriage probably wasn't rock solid to begin with, I completely agree that Rielle Hunter is delusional.

By all accounts, this is not stupid woman but her new age-y, spiritual rhetoric and manipulations just do not justify her actions; She sought out a married man (Why tell a man he's hot if you're not hitting on him?) and slept with him and continued the affair for a long period of time and allowed herself to be supported by him. And that's just the short version of it.

Then she flaunted it in GQ! Half naked as if to say, Hey Mrs. Edwards,"I'm much hotter and thinner than you and I stole your man and had his baby." And for what? A connection and attraction? I'm a single woman and I have "connections and attractions" all the time but I don't chase after married men! It's WRONG!

I could go on about how disgusting this woman is but I won't. The interview speaks for itself. She is as boring and plain as her real name "Lisa Jo".

As for passing judgment on this stranger: I'm not perfect. I make mistakes but when I do, I take responsibility for my actions instead of trying to justify it or pass the blame to others.

April 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Amazed by Idoits on TV

I really don't care who any of these people sleep with...its not my problem nor my business. This woman is wrong. No doubt. However, I wonder why Johnny isn't considered a homewrecker? He wrecked his home just as much (if not more) than she did! Also, why are people calling Elizabeth Edwards a liar? What did she do wrong?

April 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Bourgeois

I can't think of 3 people who deserve each other more. I feel badly for the little girl.

April 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Tink

I like Jeff's "BSery" comment...2 funny lol

April 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  174. JCG

WHO CARES!!!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Tink

She wanted him and she got him. She just can't come right out and say it!

April 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  176. SJE

People you all really need to get a life, seriously!! Why do you care who is sleeping with who. This is why our society is so messed up everyone is constantly worrying about someone elses life, when they should be worried about their own life!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Nancy

I think that these two are a perfect pair and that they deserve each other!!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Chica

Hunter is misguided if she really believes people acted negatively to the relationship because we thought he was in a good marriage.

I have news for that tramp; people acted negatively because his wife was dying of cancer and was still supporting him for his bid to the White House.

Even if it was a sham of a marriage it was her marriage and she deserved to live her last days without all of this drama and stress that Rielle has caused and continues to cause everytime she opens her big fat mouth for the publicity.

I have two wishes for Rielle is this...

First, when her daughter is grown and married with kids someone sleeps with her husband and then sells her story to anyone who will pay for all of the ugly details.

Second, as she is giving her next interview she chokes on her spit so never have to hear her lies again.

April 29, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Kmonahan

This lady is absolutely nuts and totally self-absorbed. "helping him find his authentic self" is a bunch of psycho babble and excuse to justify her pursuing a relationship with a married man. She needs long-term psychological counseling along with her pal "Johnny".

April 29, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Hello Karma

When you go on a talk show and tell everyone your business then don't be surprised when people comment about it.

Alot of married couple cheat, some get caught, some maybe will leave their spouse, some don't and some will get away with it and nobody knows – but they don't go on TV and display it.

Thats the difference. If you are proud of yourself for acting like this thats where it's wrong.

April 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Delalee

Lol...help him find his authentic self...well I have news for the crystal reading, astrological attention-who**...he is an authentic lying jack-ass who can't keep his pants zipped! He betrayed his wife and family knowing exactly what he was doing was wrong-HE DIDN'T CARE! They are both pathetic, selfish, lying examples of a wastes of flesh who truly deserve one another. Too bad for that poor child...she did not deserve to be born into this shame!

April 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  182. mamacoops

Why is Oprah interviewing her? She is obviously blind to her own shortcomings as well as "Johnny's" I am tired of Oprah providing a forum for these people to try and justify themselves – which is why I never watch anymore.

April 29, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Karma

I bet half of those ladies angry at her in some way or another have cheated on their husbands (even by thinking about other men)...so the bottom line is this.....you ALL have cheated at some point, maybe not physically...but you have....

CHEATERS.....get over it and forgive and forget....

April 29, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  184. clam

A man who wants to live an " life of truth" doesn't have a secret affair and then lie and deceive his wife and his country so he can run for a major office. A truthful man does not deny the paternity of his own child. So how did Rielle "help" him? "Love" only trumps all if you have no integrity.

April 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  185. hippiechick

She's trying waaaaaaaay too hard to make herself feel better about having an affair with a married man. The magazine interview she did, did nothing but tear down Elizabeth Edwards as a complete shrew. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't... but if you're going to have an affair in the public eye, keep your mouth shut.

I think she actually believes it when she says "This was very difficult. ... I [thought] about his wife and his children. It was very hard … [but] the power of the love does override all of the issues and all the judgments that this is wrong."

What a piece of trash this chick is.

April 29, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Mitamay75

I gotta go with the 'two to tango' line–if she knew he was married, but ran after his a$$ anyway, she's just as much at fault! That goes for anyone in that situation, both ways. If the marriage is bad, don't care, they're still married 'til the divorce, and not before, no excuses!

April 29, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Karma

She is at least a HOT home wrecker.

April 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Karma

Funny, we Americans are soooooo judgmental, merciless and brutal. I thought there is something called forgiveness...though nothing justifies her actions.

Why is everyone in their business?

April 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Suzan

Sad, very sad. Our society is just a sad place that we accept these actions, encourage these actions and find enjoyment from such disrespect. We will fall like Rome.

April 29, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  190. cari g

I think what she says is a bunch of hogwash. She IS a homewrecker. She needs to accept resposibility for her role in the demise of his marriage, even if it was in trouble before. And who knows if it really was? Cheating spouses always put that spin on the story.

I believe she deserves every judgement, as she put herself in that place. And I wish she would just fade into the woodwork and go away.

April 29, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Karma

Women...they want to treat their husbands like dogs and then expect ALL to be fine.....TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY.....

April 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Karma

She is a real genuine lady....HATE TO SAY THIS....SHE IS NOT THE FIRST OR THE LAST.

LADIES: Stop B.....ing around and turning your husbands off and then claim your sainthood....

April 29, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Khat39

She has a point. There really is no such thing as a homewrecker when it comes to a third party. And this is really no one else's business but if one person speaks to the media, it seems that eventually, they all need to tell their side.

The only thing that irritates me is the continued deception on John Edwards' part. He should have made a choice from day one, and then accepted the consequences of his choice. Granted, there are a lot of women who would rather be cheated on than divorced, but I really don't understand how any person could continue to love and return to someone who denies the relationship and paternity of their child in public.

Seriously, Rielle, you weren't his therapist, and he's not your project. Once you saw that his feelings for you weren't worth pursuing AFTER he ended his marriage, you should have walked away. Hope your daughter grows up with a better sense of self-esteem.

April 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  194. GODZILLA1

You can take the trash out of the trailer but you can't take the trailer out of the trash.

April 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Ohio

This sick woman reminds me of Glen Close's character on Fatal Attraction. One of the differences is that Michael Douglas's character didn't cheat on his wife while she was dying and he was actually repentant and admitted he made a mistake. I always thought Edwards was a phony. Now he found his equal.

April 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Tari Torch Sweeney

Please. Is this serious? What planet are they on?

April 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  197. jeanne

i wonder if she put on underpants for this interview? where's her stuffed animals during this interview? she was, still is, and always will be A PIG..........ps.. "johnny", your a really, really, really big dissapointment to alot of us........

April 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Norma

She's a home wrecker, plain and simple. I'm to feel sorry for her for how she is being portrayed without hearing her side of the story. You're a home wrecker. You have no side!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Gina

Helping a married man be unfaithful?? She helped alright.

Nobody marriage is prefect but you have to work at it – you don't sleep with the first person that throws themself at you.

This woman makes me sick. They both make me sick.

That poor child – people like that should not have children if they are just going to use them for money and fame.

April 29, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  200. MD

ummm...whatever. there is NO way to justify what happened. she wanted to "help him"?!?!?!? then she should just stop talking....PERIOD. he wanted to "be authentic and live a life of truth"?!?! then he should have sought counseling. UGH

April 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Penne Garry

Why did Oprah give her this forum? Giving Hunter this venue went too far for me. Hasn't Elizabeth Edwards had enough?

April 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  202. mommajo

for the LOVE of EVERYTHING..... would someone tell this hussy that her 15 minutes are SO OVER!!!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  203. SuZque

Why do people like these have children?

April 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  204. lady03020

Why is everyone so concerned about what these people do behind closed doors. They only ones who should be demanding answers are the ones that they are married to! I don't care about who Tiger, Jesse or John Edwards sleeps with. If you for a minute thought these guys were faithful, than you live in a fictional world I would like to become part of. And guess what my first husband had an affair. I didn't blame the other woman because she made no promises to me. She did not stand up and take vows to love me and honor me. Why is the other woman always the bad guy? If you fall in love with the jerk and believe him, what makes you think someone else won't?

April 29, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Angi's mom

Does she think Oprah's viewers are stupid?

April 29, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Elsa

There is really no news to this story. The married man falling for
    a willing call girl is as old as the story of mankind.
    Many times it ruins families not only of the married man but also of the innocent children that ar born out of these illicit affairs.

April 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Kat

Ah, "authentic" proof that she's mental.

April 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Heather

Is this for real? I understand that a marriage was in trouble but that doesn't mean its open season! Rielle is not doing a very good job at making herself look positive in the public eye.

April 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  209. reason

There's something called the 80-20 rule. Hunter is the 20 here and Johnny's wife is the 80. What honest person commits adultery? ooh pliz shut it lady hunter.

April 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Karma

It seems like all the women who have been cheated upon are mad....how about taking some responsibility. It takes two to wreck a marriage.

Go for it Rielle...he is your man. Follow your heart.

April 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I was married and our marriage was in trouble, but we were in counseling and the other woman knew that. Just because a marriage has trouble doesn't mean it's okay to cheat with a married man. All marriages have times where things aren't "going well". That's life. That's marriage. That's why you say "For better or worse" in your vows. It's not "for better or worse but if it gets really hard or it's not going well, I might sleep with someone else to escape from it". All women who cheat with this "reasoning" in the heads are so pathetic. How would they feel if in their future marriage another woman used this reasoning to have an affair with their husbands. In my situation she was really low because she pretended to be my friend the whole time. At least Rielle didn't show up at their kids birthday parties or ask Elizabeth to go out to lunch and shopping. That's what my tramp did.

June 17, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  211. Grace

And then she screwed this married man...

Hello??

April 29, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Not Impressed

I didn't think it was possible, but she actually looks worse now. Yes, he cheated, but it takes "two to tango" and she knew he was married at the time. To pretend that she is somehow off the hook because the marriage wasn't going well is a joke.

April 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  213. CM

I feel sorry for their child. What a way to be brought into the world! OK, so he found his true self – maybe he should pursue being a decent human being.

April 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Marilyn

Woman, you are most definitely a home wrecker and a gold digger. You are the very definition of both terms!!

She and John Edwards need to just GO AWAY now!!!

April 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  215. mona lisa

Homewrecking tramp. That's what she is and that's exactly how she describes the situation. She knew he was married, so why didn't she walk away? She didn't see anything wrong with going to his hotel room? Tramp. Most of us know one when we hear about one. And she's a big one. She's not interested in setting anything straight, just about attention. Stop giving it to her.

April 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  216. deb0155

Rielle Hunter was after John Edwards from day one! She knew exactly what she was doing. In my opinion, the whole lot of them – John Edwards, Elizabeth Edwards, Rielle Hunter, the aid are all liars and cons!

April 29, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  217. J K

I love Sparky's comment – best laugh I have had in a long time !

April 29, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Cherubim

I wonder if she would have been so interested in him finding his
    "authentic self" if he didn't have any money.
    So, following her logic, only poor women should not have
    babies by a married man.

April 29, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  219. alan j

No he found his self in her pants

April 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Linda

obviously his authentic self is a lying, cheating skum bag. I guess hers is a slinkly . . .

April 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  221. jega5547

Who cares? I don't care about Mr. Edwards' love life, I don't care about Jesse James' love life, I don't care about Tiger Woods' love life. I just don't care. Why is everyone so interested in this kind of publicity? Who cares? They are the ones that have to deal with their betrayals on a daily basis. They make me sick to my stomach.

April 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  222. 2125

Why don't all of these people just fade away?

April 29, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Angel

For heaven sakes. I really thought Oprah had more class than to have trash like this on her show. Her little recant of her first meeting and life since with Edwards is such a sickening fairy tale sounding lie. I wish her publicity around this would just die off.

April 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Sparky

Did he find his "authentic self" in his pants?

April 29, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Head Diva In Charge

Every time this piece of trash opens her mouth she digs a deeper hole. When you are the women who sleeps with a married man, it's best to stay quiet and keep to yourself. Not flaunt what you did like a prize.....because let me tell you, "Johnny" is no prize. Hopefully you don't pass on your mistakes to your kids.

April 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Jeff

She said she wasn't after him for fame, yet a quick glance at her background reveals she has spent much of her adult life seeking fame and attention. So what part of the Vogue photo shoot pertained to setting the record straight?
    When people like this woman claim it's not about wanting attention as they're booking talk shows ... that claim is going to exceed "It's not about the money" as the new king of soundbite BS'ery.

April 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  227. js....santee

delusional....I feel pity for the whole lot of them. Her, Edwards and Elizabeth...They are all liars...the pity is for the fact that they lie to themselves.

April 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Jamie

I totally think those people are on some serious drugs. What are they thinking letting a woman who cannot act play a wonderful and special woman suck as Mrs. Kennedy. I definitely would have watched it but now I am not so sure.

April 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |