April 26th, 2010

Jillian Michaels talks pregnancy and dating life in 'Women's Health'

"The Biggest Loser" coach Jillian Michaels held nothing back in an interview with Women's Health magazine for their May issue.

Amidst chatter about Michaels' career plans, the television personality revealed more intimate details about her dating life as well. As she "candidly" told the magazine, Michaels does try to find time for dates - with either men or women. "I've been in love with both," she said.

Pregnancy, on the other hand, is one thing that Michaels doesn't have time for. She told the magazine that when it comes to kids, she'd rather adopt.

The article notes that Michaels admits to having an aversion to pregnancy because she was overweight as a child; at the age of 12, the famous weight-loss coach weighed 175 pounds.

"I can't handle doing that to my body," she told the magazine. "Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."

That's somewhat how Michaels, 36, envisions her career path, rescuing the overweight and obese from an unhealthy life. She's currently producing another weight-loss show called "Losing It with Jillian," where she gets to leave behind some of the bad cop persona she's perfected on "The Biggest Loser."

"It's about rebooting your life," Michaels said of the show, which will have her move in with a family in need for a week to help rid them of every source of dysfunction in the house.

As her business partner Giancarlo Chersich explains it, Michaels is poised to become the go-to health and wellness person. "You've got Oprah in lifestyle, Martha in home, Rachael Ray in food, and Suze Orman in finance. There's no one in what we call ultimate wellness," Chersich said.

So in addition to her weight-loss books, workout DVDs, diet supplements and her television programs, Michaels is also looking to move into daytime TV with her own talk show in 2011. "By the time I'm 40, the hope is that I'll be solidly in daytime television and producing the various other experts we've brought along the way," she said.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Awful S-xless marriages ranks number 2

ii

August 12, 2013 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sean Escoto

For some women, breast health tops the list of women's health concerns. What's the best way to do a breast self-exam? What should you do if you find a breast lump? What's the best way to treat breast pain? '-'^

My personal website

August 12, 2013 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Yuriju Verniev

I am often to blogging and i actually appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your site and keep checking for brand new information.

July 5, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jadexa

I can see wanting to adopt a child that's admirable but there's a problem when you don't want to have children because of what it will do to the body that's a little selfish because people bounce back from pregnancy weight all the time and as a trainer should know all the tricks for getting back into shape after pregnancy. Admittedly it takes time because i'm mom myself of four and had to do it.

As for Jillian it would open up a whole new audience. Sometimes the proof of being healthy is being able to work off the pregnancy weight. I am a follower of Jillian dvds but maybe if she went through the process like most it would make her seem more human. I am still fan despite my comments. Just being honest.

April 15, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Priscilla

CAT BALLOU, Jesus loves you so much!! Never forget that!! And don't be deluded by this life here on Earth, the life that we can see! The most important thing you have is your soul and the salvation of your soul! And I'm sure your soul urges to be saved and to live with God, even if your heart is broken! Because you were created for this purpose. To live with God forever!! He is with his arms open whenever you want to talk to Him! So get on your knees, put your favorite gospel song and have a sincere conversation with Him! Tell Him everything you're feeling! I'm sure He will answer and heal all your pain! Jesus died for you, not for everyone as a whole but for you individually!!
    A hug from Brazil!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkBh5ObVyww (I love this song, I hope you like it too!)

October 11, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. go girl

No big deal, she is one of the few women who choose not to put that unnecessary stress on her body. There are plenty of children who need rescued. I have often wondered if men could have children would they put their bodies through it? Men can be more vain than women.

January 31, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. livingfit4god

I do not think we should judge jillian for not wanting to get pregnant because she doesn't want to go through being overweight again. Not everone bounces back the same and she knows how her body reacts to stuff. I've read some of her books. She has had a pretty hard struggle with her weight and it has been a constant struggle, even in her early Biggest Loser days. There seems to be some issues Jillian has mentally when it comes to her weight and that is okay. She is a human after all. Atleast she is honest. It is not a sin to not want to become pregnant, it is however wrong for us to judge her because of the decisions she has made.

Jillian is highly motivating and has helped SOOOO many people get on the right track and she is someone I look up to in the "fitness world." I want to be a personal trainer and am working to get my certification and degree right now. I only hope I can help and touch the lives of others.

Remember, God does not want us to point the finger and judge, he wants us to love others just as we love ourselves!

November 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Robin

Sonya-
    You are a flippin' NUT! It's people like YOU that need to worry about what God "thinks". You judge and persecute anyone with different beliefs than your own. Guess what Sonya, yeah God happened to have made us too. Jillian and anyone and everyone else on this planet and he doesn't make mistakes, right?? Sweep around your own door before you start finding fault with others. And for something WORTH saying, keep it up Jillian!! You change lives for the BETTER every day!!

June 14, 2010 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. Robin

Sonya-
    You are a flippin' NUT! It's people like YOU that need to worry about what God thinks. You judge and persecute anyone with different beliefs than your own. Guess what Sonya, yeah God happened to have made us too. Jillian and anyone and everyone else on this planet and he doesn't make mistakes, right?? Sweep around your own door before you start finding fault with others. And for something WORTH saying, keep it up Jillian!! You change lives for the BETTER every day!!

June 14, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. Alabama

Ryan D, what are you talking about? I can't help it if you are wrong and I am right. I think you must want to carry a baby for Jillian. You can't...so, relax.

Ryan, what about your stupidity...doody -brain. Original point? What point? All it is that a woman needs a strong hand. A man should provide it.

A woman, unfettered, will get loose in the fields and start to think she doesn't want children. She does. They all just need to be told what to do.

April 28, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Cat Ballou

Alabama, my unfettered presence, loose in the fields, suggests one thing: There are no real men, least of all. you. XP

July 15, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeani

Will you marry Me?

June 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dani

My father was adopted so I think her decision is wonderful, afterall my two sisters, myself and my two nephews and niece would not be here. Also I agree with some other posts, when will we stop judging each other, what's right for one person is not right for another. Personally I am blessed to have many wonderful children in my life but chose to not have any of my own. I can still be an positive influence in a child's life on my terms. We just need to rise up and support each other.

April 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mommyto3

I still support Jillian, she has a fit body and she has worked hard for it. Whether she chooses to have children or not have children – oh well! Why do people have to get all offended? I mean the only reason people will get offended is if they feel like she is targeting them about their weight. I am pleasantly plump – some of that brought on by pregnancy and birth control pills. The other part was me just not watching my weight. I am in no way offended about her statement she just >> can't do << that to her body << So, obviously the people talking negative about her are just making the media happy!! Ok camera men and journalists it's sad that you are less than humane. Dang, leave the woman alone!!! She looks good and is doing well for herself. Leave her alone. And for all those people talking negative step off the jealousy track and start to help yourself. Quit creating ways people offend you.

At least she's got some support.

April 27, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ryan D

Take a close look people. "Alabama" represents all that is wrong with America. Can't shut up, close-minded views, and no real substance to discussion just name calling arragonce.

Alabama you have illustrated the original point perfectly. Thank you!

April 27, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Alabama

Ryan D makes me sick. Also, Ann. Ryan and Ann ought to marry and make me sicker.

But I agree with one thing only: I am alright.

April 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ann

Jillian doesn't need any help with body image just because she does not want to be pregnant. Bearing children isn't for everyone. And there are many Hollywood stars that go the adoption route for the same reason. She makes money off of training people and keeping her body in PERFECT shape for a living. Being in the public eye does not necessitate her getting pregnant to be a role model for pregnant people losing weight. It isn't fair to ridicule a woman for not wanting to put her body thru that. She is not the first woman I have met to adopt for their love of children but also for not wanting to deal with the weight gain.

April 27, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ryan D

Now quick....

Someone point out my spelling errors
    or
    Someone tell me "Why did you post, if you don't care" arguement
    or
    Someone make the case that "this is a civilized debate"

April 27, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ryan D

And all the "important" Armchair experts weigh in! Judge and jury on any and every subject with no real knowledge about the person or any REAL qualifications.

I wonder if it is possible just to read an article, keep your opinion to yourself, and not have to voice your views as right to the rest of the world, engaging in meaningless arguements with people that you will never meet nor ever convince to see things in your view.

April 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jen

Did I like that she made the comment, no I didnt. I didnt like it because she preaches to people about having self esteem and loving yourself from within, then she turns around and says that it will ruin her body- as if they is all that is important in life.

If you dont want kids- fine, this isnt about religion people. Kids arent for everyone. But it is possible to get back into shape and have a great body again. It's as if she said all hope is lost for women with babies, which is simply untrue.

April 27, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Alabama

Women should have at least two children if they are real women. I think Jillian must not be a woman. Everyone knows that the measure of a woman is the elasticity of her uterus and the viability of her eggs. I don't know what is wrong with women nowadays....Not wanting children because they think they are men.

Also, I a woman's place is next to her man, having his babies until he says his family is large enough.

April 27, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Hal

Sonya,
    Maybe while you are busy being a Christian you can also take a look at the real world and at other people being able to live their lives and have their own opinion. Maybe get some education as well since your comment was written as well as one of my fifth graders, therefore making it ineffective. God Bless

April 27, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  21. Thornton

Holy cow!! If she doesn't want kids...for whatever reason, That's her privilege, If she wants to adopt someday, Go for it, It's not an easy road and not for everyone, Again, her choice. The earlier comment about becoming pregnant so she can show women how to get back into shape, Unless I'm off target here...That would be a marketing decision.
    As far as loving both men and women, Is this not the land of the free and the home of whoever? And it does open up dating options.
    Religion should not even mentioned here...although it seems to be a primary reason for everything these days.
    I will shut up now.

April 27, 2010 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  22. Common sense

Jeff Williams, WELL PUT!!! you are the first person to actually make sense without bing judgemental either way. Fantastic, we need more peoplelike yo in the world.

April 27, 2010 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. GENIE

FINALLY! someone who doesn't feel guilty for not wanting kids! I know WAY TO MANY WOMEN and men who should NOT HAVE KIDS! They are way too self centered. AMEN to Jillian. Don't wreck some poor kids life you don't want or have time for. Kids are serious business to raise. I should have had 6, but I only had one because I could NEVER TRUST any man to really be an awesome dad and commit for 18 years...

April 27, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  24. JustHereNow

When Jillian trains someone, she gives her body to that person. She is pulled and tossed around so the person who is training can get stronger. She couldn't do that if she was pregnant. As there are so many kids who need a home – and older children that are harder to place and could use her tough love – how could it be anything but good that she is wanting to provide a home for them?

April 27, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. MDMHM

We are Christian but chose not to have kids early in our marriage. 22 yrs later, no regrets. We are like newlyweds. I love kids, work as a pediatric nurse, babysit for family & friends but don't want the 24/7 part. I respect those that with kids & request the same respect back. My siblings & siblings-in-law have more than made up our decision, so no fear of the population dying out. Not everyone has to reproduce. Being childless doesn't make us inferior. I'm devoted to God, my husband & work.

April 26, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rexa

Alot of people who are bad mouthing her about her reason behind not wanting kids still missed part of the article. She would do permanent damage to her abs because they are ripped. It's not the same thing.

April 26, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kellyanne

What you do with your body is YOUR business. She chooses not to go through childbirth. She knows what she wants–there's nothing wrong with that.

Also her business: who she dates. So she likes men and women–she gets double the dates!

Ps. Christian moral interjection is TOTALLY unnecessary. However, it's your right to believe whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it is to me =P

Rock on.

April 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TK

So what she doesn't want to get pregnant? She's very dedicated to her career and wants to make sure she can stay employed for as long as possible. Nothing at all wrong with that! With all these children out here waiting to be adopted, I think that it's great when anyone offers a home to a child who needs it. Every time someone goes against society norms, folks want to FREAK OUT! Especially the "Christians"! Not every woman wants to be preggy folks. We live in a huge world with billions of thoughts, ideas, beliefs, etc. I thought Christianity was about TOLERANCE?! Not condemning those who think differently than you! Ya'll act as if she's worshipping the devil or something in a stanic ritual! All she wants to do is adopt kids who need homes. Get over yourself...

April 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. DEriksen

Oh my word, I cannot believe people actually spend time debating some one else's life choices and arguing over it– and that I just wasted five precious minutes reading this crazy stuff and posting. What a bunch of morons we all are.

April 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. KnowOneNose

I don't see a problem with her being honest about not wanting children. They are not for everyone and at least she is straight forward.

April 26, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kelly major

any of you god-fearing folk think that maybe god spoke to her, and gave her a different message than you?

Jesus Christ (the Son of God) said–"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

April 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Marky

In my statement earlier regarding adopting only if you really want to be a parent, I really should have said that's the only reason to have a child, period. CMW, there is no comparison between "rescuing" a cat or dog from a shelter, and adopting a child. One of my children was abandoned in a 3rd world country as a newborn, but I wouldn't liken that adoption to the rescue of my pet. I have adopted in the States also, and that child's situation was much different, but they both have needs that require attention and time and they can't be set aside while I go do "my thing".

I don't happen to think anyone has to be a parent if they don't want to; and if Jillian wants to be a career person, I say go for it. Everyone doesn't have to have kids these days; we all should be able to make our own choices and others shouldn't be telling us we're losers if we don't want to have babies, or if we want to have a dozen, as long as we can pay for it and provide what they need in every way, or we are happy without any.

April 26, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bob

Okay then she must be George Michaels wife........oops maybe not.

April 26, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Bob

Lorne Michaels wife ?

April 26, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bob

So, is she Al Michaels' wife ?

April 26, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ron

Joy, You and your like really sicken me. You are truly so un-Christ-like and not a Christian. Read about Christ and what he would do and how he would treat people and get off of your high horse.

April 26, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Celia

Gigi

I don't ridicule her for not wanting kids but her reason for not wanting kids. She can do what ever she wants with her life but if she puts it out there for the world to see her private life, she gets what she deserves.

Her decision for not wanting kids is not my issue but her reasoning why, because she can't deal with gaining weight, is just plain stupid to me. Many many women gain weight during pregnancy and many many women are able to lose the weight afterwards.

If she's too much of a chicken to gain some weight for pregnancy then she doesn't need to be out there motivating other obese people to lose their weight!

You can get a life, thanks!

April 26, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  38. April

I don't get what all the fuss is about – so what she doesn't want to have kids...neither do I!!! I am a woman who has said since i was very young that I didn't want children – I'm 35 and still feel the same. To each his own – I understand how some can't wrap their brains around it, but I on the other hand can't wrap my brain around WANTING to have kids! I can't imagine it! And there's not a darned thing wrong with it and I find it bizarre that I have to explain my decision, especially to other women. We are not all cut from the same cloth, we don't all desire to be married and have children and it doesn't make you a bad person if that's your choice. Even if she doesn't wnat ot wreck her body – it's her body her choice and if you don't like her decision, don't watch her or take her advice.

April 26, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MBOhio

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Jillian not wanting to give birth OR her reasons behind it. Pregnancy and parenthood are personal decisions and she is allowed to believe or feel however she believes/feels. Carrying a child and giving birth take a HUGE toll on a woman's body and if someone doesn't want to experience that, then great and if she still wants to be a parent, kudos for her for adopting. How is choosing not to give birth to maintain your body any different than choosing not to have a stationary job or choosing not to eat fatty foods. It's a 100% personal decision that has no effect on anyone else. People who are criticizing her statements are literally insane.

April 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. joann

The religious are the biggest hypocrites. They walk out of church picking on the person in the next pew. What ever happened to not judging since it is not our place?

April 26, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Francine

I love Jillian. She's a tough, no nonsense woman who knows who she is and what she wants/doesn't want. Who are we to judge? I have nothing but respect for a woman like that. To all those self-righteous commentators–Even God gives us choices.

April 26, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ish

am i the only one to notice that aside from not wanting to destroy her "perfect in her own mind body" ......she dates women??? ew

April 26, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  43. cathy

I doubt she will ever be a "go to" person, except if someone want to go to her for physical and emotional abuse. I think there is something psychologically off with her and the way she treats the biggest losers. She tries to make them all super dependent on her and needing her approval at every turn. She is one sick puppy.

April 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. sb1982

I have a child and would not trade the world for her, but I'd rather see someone saying that they do not want to birth children instead of having child after child when they are unwanted. If she wants to adopt, instead of birthing a child, that is her right, she can think for herself. I think she's a powerful, smart and beautiful woman.

April 26, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. zoeydot

I think Jillian knows what she wants and is not afraid to say. Why should this reflect negatively upon her in this day of age. I mean, if she doesn't want kids, she doesn't have to have kids. If she doesn't want to get pregnant and go through the physical part of becoming a mother, that is her option. Adoption is a great form of becoming a parent and is truly a beautiful thing for those children who have been abandoned.

I agree that she could possibly decide to do something in the way of fitness for pregnant or post-pregnancy women, but again, that is an option that she can decide or not decide to do. She doesn't have to do everything people. Let her be! It's her choice, not ours. Get over it!

April 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Faye

I sympathise, CD but I completely disagree. Firstly, Jillian is putting herself in the public eye, positioning herself as a 'wellness' consultant, writing books on health, and expecting the public to buy what she's selling, so yes, CD, she becomes a role model. She's not some blog-writer ranting about her opinions; she intends to make money as an expert on health, who in my humble opinion should be someone concerned with people being healthy and having a healthy body image. Someone whose choice to not have children (which is a perfectly natural and human process) SIMPLY and ONLY because they may get fat is no 'wellness' expert by any definition. Secondly, sticking your finger in your throat after every meal isn't the only sign that you have unhealthy body image issues. I didn't say I didn't understand why she feels this way – I said she needs help.

April 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  47. DINO

HA HA TRUE STATEMENT AURELIUS

April 26, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Aurelius

She's a butterface.

April 26, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. CD

Faye you obviously have never had weight issues or if you have you don't care, I myself understand what Jillian is saying I used to weigh 182 pounds and worked really hard to lose it and get down to 130, I am scared ot death to have kids becasue it was a mental struggle everyday to lose that weight that I don't want to do it again, if she feels that way it's her choice, it's her body and she can do what she wanst she isnt saying she is gonna make herself throw up and crap, or saying she doesn't eat, saying she isnt going to have kids becasue she has struggled with wieght is hardly a message, its not her job to be a role model for everyone, if she makes that decsion so what.

April 26, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  50. CD

Sonya is one of those people who will or does have a million children and thinks everyone else should too, get a grip. This isn't the freakin 1800's If a woman doesn't want to have children or chooses to adopt thats on her, don't judge her thats not being very christian now is it.....

April 26, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Faye

In a society obsessed with beauty, Jillian's decision to forgo having a baby of her own in order to 'keep her figure', isn't so much a shock, as it is scary. She clearly seems unnaturally obsessed with weight and fitness... more so than a person who claims to be an expert on 'wellness' should be. I'm not commenting on her choice but rather the actual REASON for her choice, which is based on something superficial. It's a pretty crappy message to send to an impressionable generation inundated with eating disorders and self-esteem issues. Jillian, you have an awesome body – but you need some mental therapy.

April 26, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cmw

yeah cuz it's so much better when people abuse, neglect, kill children that they perhaps didn't want in the first place.....

if she wants to adopt, great...there are certainly enough unwanted children that would relish a loving home (do we really need to dissect whether or not "rescue" means she would be a good parent??!! are you less of a good dog/cat owner because you "rescued it from a shelter?).

and if she never wants children at all, then that is her choice as well. Too bad more people don't have the brains to think about the consequences of pro-creation before they do so.

April 26, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Amos

Why so sensitive pregw/#3? You're just dissecting Jillian's quote when she didn't mean to offend anyone. She is respectfully acknowledging that pregnancy is no small thing and it's not a road she has chosen. You have. Her choice. Your choice. We see these little sound bites from some random interview that publishes 2% of what was actually said and then tear it apart. Jillian has helped thousands of people and she truly cares.

April 26, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  54. kirk

Why do we find such interest in deciding on who is right or wrong? For that matter, why are folks so worried about one more talking head and her plans? She seems like she has accomplished a lot with her life. No matter who in depth an interview goes...how can anyone possibly understand someone else's decision making process. Tell ya what....when we all have our own s#%t worked out - THEN let's start tackling other people's business.

Now go do 30 sit-ups as penance.

April 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Whatever

What does it matter what Jillian Michaels does or doesn't do? I think all women should have children, lots of children. Thirty if possible: Isn't that a reality show? I think all women should have litters of children- like dogs.

So, Jillian is wrong.

April 26, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  56. DJ12345

Hell she probaly can't have children cause she's really a man....well maybe not, but she looks like one.

April 26, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Instructor

@ A Trainer:

"(I mean really, did you ladies know that your "abs" in the front (rectus abdominis) literally RIP IN HALF when you are pregnant and it NEVER gets fixed. You can even stick your hand in between previously womens abs in the front. Oh hellz to the no I am not doing that to my body either!)"

That's simply not true. It may happen to some women, but not to everyone. As a trainer you should know that. I went through pregnancy myself and it is indeed possible to get your body back in shape. But it takes some time.

Get a life people!

April 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lori

Ok, this comment is for Chrissa. You said this was not a place for Christian morals to be heard / supported. Oh, I am so sorry you have been offended. I thought we had free speach in this country!

April 26, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sue

I feel for her because it's obvious by these comments that you can be totally honest and people will take apart EVERYTHING you say...from the pregnancy to the rescue. WOW! Glad you are all so perfect!

April 26, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Marky

The absolute only reason to adopt a child, ever, is because you want to be a parent. Not because you want to "rescue" any child. That leads to disaster. I am an adoptive parent and I used to work in adoption, and I can truthfully say, no one should ever adopt a child for any reason other than a real desire to be a parent. Otherwise, you will never do well helping the child through the various struggles they, and you, will face as they go through childhood and adolescence. It will be disastrous.....

April 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Sue

i really don't care who she dates. But I don't think she has a healthy outlook or body image. Pregnancy, though it does alter a woman's body, is awonderful experience. Avoiding preganncy to avoid body changes, is in my mind a little self centered. It is her choice, after all, i would never say she has to have a baby to fulfill herself,,but to explain her not wanting to go througgh pregnancy as an aversion to body changes to the MEDIA, is in my opinion very irresponcible. She must be very vain.

April 26, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. CR

LOL @ Bob... yeah people, get w/ the program.

April 26, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. m

Steroids.

April 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Merin

I think it's very strange that this woman states, "when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself".

She's actually talking about a child here, not an inanimate object, or 'something'. Does she feel she needs to rescue herself? I hope this woman changes her mind and does not choose to 'rescue' a child. She hasn't got her head on straight.

April 26, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cat Ballou

You first: "get YOUR head on straight." Jillian has rescued a number of animals. Her statement is general enought to reflect that. If you are really afraid of an adopted child falling into the wrong hands, I urge you to review Jillian's videos showing her ranch. Her animals are well cared for. If Jillian cannot care for her animals, it would be very obvious during her homestudies and very doubtful that the adoption would be approved. Since she does care so well for her animals, and very obviously cares for herself better than most of the population, she'll be an excellent mother.

July 15, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  65. Bob

What ? you people don't know that Jillian is Mrs. Bret Michaels ?, and you call yourselves informed.

April 26, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. kellie

You are on the CNN website I would assume you could read. She never once said she did not wan tto have children, she said she did not want get pregnant. That is not a horrible crime. There are a lot of babies born everyday that are unplanned and unwanted. There is no reason why someone shouldn't be able to choose a baby rather than birthing one. I work in a highschool and I see lots of kids that have babies and the state is paying for their food, health care, day care and whatever else they need. Why shouldn't someone capable be allowed to care for these sweet little babies who need them?

April 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Alex B

First, anyone point out that the picture attached to this article is of Bret Michaels? I was waiting for some kind of connection.

Also, how is deciding not to have children and if wanted children to adopt a child in need of a good home against God's beliefs? People need to get over themselves and stop making a big deal where there is none. it's not like she's out there saying if pregnant would abort, etc .

April 26, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  68. KMAy4

Am I the only one seeing a pic of Bret Michaels on this page?

April 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Megan

I admire Jillian for being true to herself. Isn't that what really matters? I think that if she wishes to adopt, that'd be a wonderful thing. I don't care who she dates, either. That's her personal business. Oh, and Sonya, in reference to your comments: How "Christian" is it to judge her?

April 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  70. DRO

Wow has she changed! "She" would not be able to get pregnant even if "she" wanted to.

April 26, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Pregw/#3

I don't care what she does with her body – having kids or not having kids. And I don't care who she does or does not have a relationship with. What I do think is sad, is her statement that she would do "that" to her body. As if pregnancy is a disgusting and terrible thing that destroys your body. Yes, it is hard and yes, it is tough on woman's body. However, a woman's body isn't destroyed. You can work on it and make it even better than before. How can she honestly give advice on fitness, weight loss and nutrition to women with children? She has never been through it, has no idea what it is like and can't even imagine doing "that" to her body.

April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Gigi

Celia:

how dare you judge her for not wanting to have kids? I think it would be selfish FOR her to have kids if she doesn't want them.

Get a life.

April 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  73. momof4

The fact that she doesn't want to have a child is her own business, just as it is her own business who she dates. I am a Christian and I have strong beliefs, that pertain to me and me alone. I think that if she could adopt a child who needs a home, that is a great thing. As far as the body aspect of it, she knows the pains of being overweight, she knows she doesn't want to go back there, so do judge her for that is wrong.

April 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Stacie

I applaud her for making a decision about her life, whether others may think that is "selfish" or not. Everyone is selfish in that you do what YOU want to! At least she knows what she wants from her own life. I just wish everyone would stop worrying about how others live their own lives. If a person is not harming another or hindering them from living the life they would like to lead, they should be left in peace. Just because someone is different from you doesn't mean that they are wrong. Open your minds people!

April 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jeff Williams

I could care less if Jillian wants to get pregnant or not. What cracks me up is that everyone is tolerant of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. But bring God into the discussion? Wow! How quickly the tolerance turns to ridicule. Just as Jillian has the right to choose to have a baby or not, the poster above has just as much right in America to pray for her. Unless you guys want to move to North Korea...

April 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. muckrake

Interesting picture of "Jillian Michaels".... LOL

April 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Carrie

Um, the photo heading this article is Brett Michaels, not Jillian Michaels.

April 26, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Ann

I think the worst thing that any woman can do is get pregnant when they know that something about the process scares them. She has her plans and pregnancy does not fit into them. We already have people in the news thru diet and exercise that lost pregnancy weight rather quickly. I don't want any woman to go thru pregnancy knowing from the beginning that they do not want it. More women should be honest about it and not judge those who don't want to put their body thru it. Pregnancy may be natural, but it is still very hard. And Jillian is over 35 and there are more risks. GOOD FOR HER!

April 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Joe

Jillian has inspired millions to not only lose weight but to empower their own lives in one way or another.

For every one religious zealot out there there are many of us regular people who support Jillian's efforts of empowerment - regardless of who she dates or whether or not she wants to have a baby.

April 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Chrissa

Okay. This is no big deal. I think it's selfish to not want to be prego because of what it would do to your body, but on the other hand it's selfish to want to have kids in the first place. I speak from experience – I am a mother myself.

As for everyone's comment to Sonya's comment, did you ever think she was referring to the fact that Jillian Michaels has been in love with women before? She never said she was throwing rocks at her because of the pregnancy thing. Although, Sonya, I understand that you may be a Christian woman with Christian morals, but this is not the place for them to be heard/supported. It's hard to agree with someone when she gets all "preachy" about her case.

April 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Joan

Actually I think she should be praised for admitting that she doesn't have time for kids and that instead of having one and letting it be raised by nannies she would rather not have any. Way to go Jillian for knowing what you want and going for it.

April 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Marc

Oh Sonya.... YAWN!!!!!!!! your comment is pathetic... bringing "GOD" into this... gimme a break...

April 26, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. unjudgemental

Will there come a day when women stop judging other women for their choices to have or not have children? I applaud Jillian for being open and honest. The world is already so overpopulated so why not adopt. As someone who has an adopted niece I can tell you there is NO difference in the way I feel about her and my biological nephews.

April 26, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Celia

While I am perfectly fine with a woman choosing what she feels is the best path for her, think Jillian what you could do if you did get pregnant and do fitness videos for pregnant women and how to lose the weight afterwards. You would be opening yourself up to a completely different market. So many women struggle to lose the weight gain from pregnancy.

I know your entire career is based on your own personal fitness but I can't help to think you are being just a tad bit selfish. Unlike what "A Trainer" posted about a woman's abs, that is not the reason Jillian is not choosing pregnancy. It's because she was overweight when she was younger and "can't handle it."

If you're supposed to be a motivator and trainer for those but choose adoption over pregnancy because you can't handle gaining weight, there is something wrong with you. How can you be considered legit then?

If you want to be the Suze Orman or Oprah of fitness and wellness, you need to tackle all ends, not just what you choose.

April 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cat Ballou

Why are you so obsessed with pregnancy? It doesn't sound like it has ever occurred to you: Jillian Michaels is a huge inspiration and role model to those who have been robbed of the chance to have children of their own. Your comment strongly suggests that you are not okay with JM's choice. Maybe it's you who is being "selfish...can't handle it...something wrong with you...[and not quite] legit." Those are your own words. They are harsh, aren't they.

July 15, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  85. SONI

Give me a brake , just because she don't want to have kids , that doesn't make her a bad person, at least she know what she wants when it comes to having children..YOU go girl.......

April 26, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Laura

Jesus, Christ, Joy! Lighten up!

April 26, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  87. sonya

This is very sad to read. I have been a big support of Jillian but I am a Christian with Gods belief that drive me everyday and with Jillian's belief out there for everyone to know I will not be a support of you. You have great info and motivation to help us but I do believe that ones morals plays a role to.

I wish you all the best Jillain and will praying for you that the Lord will use in His way to bring Him glory not oneself.

Serving Him with Joy,
    Sonya

April 26, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Cat Ballou

What belief compels you to dismiss Jillian to maintain your allegiance to God? Your answer is very important and personal to me. For 7 years I had given my life to God, and when he failed to deliver the life that the Bible and Christians claim is godly, I was forced to consider. I am in pursuit of truth and reality. Faith, belief, and obedience robbed me of my life during those years. Now I am filled with profound regret and heartache – directly resulting from my choices to be obedient and faithful. If God is going to save me, he must deliver on his promises and instructions. Since he failed to do so, I refuse to spend eternity with him. He is careless, negligent, and faithless.

Jillian Michaels, on the other hand, doesn't claim to be god or in charge of any religion. I have a great deal of appreciation and respect for her. Her regimen got me started on a healthier lifestyle, promoted my career in law enforcement and military, and helped me deal with the devastation that followed my terrible decision to be a Christian.

July 15, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  88. A Trainer

By her stating that she doesn't want to give birth to kids, is not anything horrible like everyone is saying. She has a career-path in mind and for a woman, there are just some things you have to throw out of the window or push to the side for awhile. It's easy for men to act appauled...

But being a trainer, you realize how badly pregnancy puts a physical and aesthetic strain on the body and considering that's what her LIFE has been based around, I think that took gut to come to that decision and then state it. You go girl.

April 26, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Jacqueline Gonzalez

Jillian Michaels, you've been successful in helping others find happiness in themselves. It's time you make Jillian happy, adopting a child will bring much love and happiness to your world.....you derserve that and so much more... thanks for your inspiration and motovation.. Jackie

November 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |