April 26th, 2010

'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: Money can save your job

From the first minute, this week’s “Celebrity Apprentice” teams created a lighter atmosphere and a fun (sometimes sex-charged) energy that made the two hours more bearable to watch. I’m grateful.

Sharon Osbourne, Bret Michaels and Maria Kanellis became the new RockSolid. Curtis Stone, Summer Sanders, Cyndi Lauper and Holly Robinson Peete formed Tenacity. Lauper spent some time away from the team again, but who cared since she worked with Lady Gaga, who later became a donor.

The teams created and taught a workout class in a 24 Fitness Center. Since the challenge was a fundraiser, the donors had to either show up for the classes or the team had to have a body in their place. The best and most original one would also win an extra $24,000.

That pitted project managers Sharon Osbourne and Holly Robinson Peete against each other. Peete haters: Were you surprised that Peete believed she would lose this challenge to Osbourne? Peete is, after all, a fundraiser. I had hope for her. She sincerely seemed to be on this show for her charity because she became emotional about her teammates rallying for it by securing donors.

And then… drum roll please. She just couldn’t keep her mouth shut, even after her team won and Osbourne’s lost.

Donald Trump asked Osbourne if she wanted to go home. She didn’t. Peete blurted that Osbourne gave the opposite answer the other night. Osbourne explained she said that when she was sick.

“Holly is a fighter,” Osbourne stated.

Clearly! Peete should go home for just speaking when no one is talking to her!

Money packs a punch so powerful, it apparently provokes a need for Trump to announce that he has a heart. He announced that both teams combined raised around $347,000. No eliminations this week on “Celebrity Apprentice.” Of course, you may recall that Michael Johnson left the show unexpectedly a couple weeks ago, and Trump still fired Selita Ebanks.

I guess Peete wanted to show she had a heart too. She told Osbourne she would write a check to Osbourne’s charity too. Hmm… Osbourne may have lost this challenge, but I am ready to declare her the overall winner for the season. Do you agree?

Osbourne’s team won the $24,000 for originality for their class, based on being a rock star groupie theme. Some of their moves were suspect, but it looked fun.

Did this episode make you like Holly Robinson Peete ? Who do you want to see eliminated? Post your comments.

1. Nancy

Donald trumpeted both his arrogance and his ignorance when he
    corrected Cyndi Lauper for saying she felt "bad". We feel good, not goodly, bad, not badly, hot, not hotly, cold, not coldly, proud, not proudly and so on. Donald missed the lesson about modifying feelings. Cyndi was correct. He owes her an apology on national TV and a donation to her charity.

April 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. denzel

I'm embarrassed to admit I watch this show – it’s like not being able to look away from a crash on the freeway or the sophisticates on springer. The way people kiss "Mr. trumps" backside, and it is just so over the top telenovela ridiculous. Last night, however, a new low – the absolute best as an effectively uneducated, multiple bankruptcy fake like trump "correcting" lauper's actually correct grammar with "you felt badLY".
    Wow, fail for just rude (and normally I’m fine with that) but not when one pulls the epic fail of being wrong when you correct someone in a group: "you felt badLY" means you have poor tactile response with your physical sense of touch. bye my book! I’m smrt and your dum! M’m’ ok donny.

His daughter seems reasonably smart and well educated; I can’t believe she didn’t bribe the editors to leave that bit on the cutting room floor.

April 27, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Regen

Cyndi Lauper is such a disappointment. She is unknowingly the most uneducated dingbat. She quotes the Bible, which I am sure she would hate to think she did but can't figure out where she has heard this. She does nothing but tear down people and tries to make herself the top dog,when she rarely is there to help get things started.

Anyone is working harder than Cyndi Lauper.

April 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. royal

Yes Donald, "I feel bad" is incorrect. Here are examples of your "correct" English: I feel badly. I feel madly. I feel sadly. I feel angrily. And the most appropriate.... I feel stupidly.

April 27, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. lainie

I expected everyone to get a "pass" as they would come up one week short due to strawberry quitting and it's sweeps month. It was very emotional and so fun! This is the first time I've watched the show any season.

April 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MM

I use to like Holly, now I think she is a big mouth. She needs to show more respect to her team and the other members of RockSolid.

After all, Holly didn't win the task.

They didn't even have a full class. 4 people. What a joke?

Holly, if you are reading this blog. Show the world that you can be professional. Keep you mouth shut and your remarks brief.

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. the floacist

Holly should win.

metaldiva
    Um, I had no idea that that was her father. Do you really think she got casting jobs because her father was Gordon on Sesame Street? lol. Don't be ridiculous.

April 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. toni

Mr. Trump, "I feel bad." is correct. 'I feel badly." is grammatically incorrect.
    Grammar aside, why in the world would you correct another adult's grammar on national television?

April 26, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marquez

Ok...So Holly can beg for money.. Woooopie.... I think that th real winner is the person that can raise the most money with out begging for it.

Advertize, and Sell the product the best. Not on the phone begging
    all of her friends for money. It is like who know who. Us real people
    do not give a crap who she knows and how much money they have.

I could go on for days.....

April 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Can someone please enlighten Cyndi Lauper that RFK is NOT the author of the quote last night.
    It comes from the Bible,

Luke 12:48 (New International Version)

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

April 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Laura

If Sharon was fired last night Donald knew the ratings would suffer. Can't wait for Holly and Summer to get kicked off!!!!

April 26, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tee smith

The key is why you would be modifying the verb.

April 26, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Henry

Badly is WRONG! When you say you " feel badly " you are saying you have a bad sense of touch ... You FEEL badly. After all, you don't say you feel "goodly"

April 26, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michelle

Are you all serious? The question should be why is Cyndi still on the show. As much as I love her, this is not a show for her @ all. Holly is playing the show the way it's supposed to be played. She's not there to make friends, she's there to win.

April 26, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. metaldiva

Cyndi is a self made success.. she made it with her talent. Holly, on the other hand, had a famous father, Matt Robinson "gordon" on Sesame Street. She has had help from famous friends all her life. She married up and into money with Peete and now is a glorified housewife. There is nothing outstanding about her. She is just another sitcom actress with ALOT of breaks. Watching her petty, pampered, spoiled girl pecking at dynamos Sharon and Cyndi is hilarious, because she looks STUPID acts STUPID and is just plain STUPID. When one names a foundation, they name it for someone else, not themselves. When Tenacity won last night it was "I, Me, Me, I" The commercial last week was ridiculous, too!
    Holly ought to get a clue about the absences of those two ladies.. they actually WORK!!! Because Holly is such an ignorant crank, DT will probably keep her on for a while.. what a shame...

April 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. P Santilli

Mr. Trump........You were wrong when you corrected Cindi Lauper......"I feel bad".......you said 'badly'........you were wrong. When you 'feel badly' it means .....your 'feel' is bad'......badly is an adverb. Cindi was correct in saying" I feel bad".
    Love your show........

April 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Wendy

Keep fighting HOLLY, you make the show tolerable !!!! I have hardly seen Sharon or Cindy
    Think. They are never there

April 26, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  18. lynne Little

In my English class many years ago, I learned that any adverb modifying a verb has a 'ly' at the end. Badly is correct.

April 26, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Linda McCormick

Donald Trump should consult an English teacher before correcting someone on national television. Cyndi Lauper was correct in saying I feel bad. Badly is incorrect and so you should be fired Donald.

April 26, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kat

Let's just fire Holly and get on with it. She is annoying, stresses out very easily, and is a snake.

April 26, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sherrie Peters

I can't stand Holly, she has an ego that is twice her size and she is nasty. The way her and Summer beat up on Cyndi all the time makes me sick. I keep wondering why she is still there.

April 26, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  22. Tatu

Holly blows. She can ask for money. If Holly wins she must deserve it.

April 26, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  23. este

Holly is just plain mean. I think she's insecure & jealous and that's why she's always searching for someone to throw under the bus. The way she treated Cyndi from day one, was completely disrespectful. She even made fun of her behind her back, which was totally unprofessional. Sharon wanted to leave because of the mean girl games played by Holly & Summer. Sharon, Brett & Cyndi are the only reasons I watch that show.

April 26, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |