April 26th, 2010

Bret Michaels in critical condition; doctors look for source of bleeding

"testing
"testing

(CNN) - Bret Michaels is in critical condition as doctors search for the source of bleeding in his brain, his road manager said Monday.

The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"As of now, Bret remains in ICU under 24 hour surveillance," Janna Elias said in a posting on his website Monday. "Further testing this week will help locate the source of the bleeding."

Michaels' doctors will release a statement on his condition this week, she said.

"Please remember Bret is, and always has been, a fighter and survivor and is under the best medical care possible," she said.

Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

His manager also criticized people who know Michaels who have given "interviews to the media when they have partial or incorrect information."

"None, and I reiterate, none of the people that have been interviewed are authorized representatives, nor do they have the right to speak on Bret's behalf," she said. "We have attempted to release authorized statements through our publicist so as to keep everyone up to date as information becomes
available."

His manager and publicist have been careful not to disclose the hospital or even the city where the singer is being treated. They cite security reasons for the secrecy.

1. Tina

I would like to thank Bret Michaels for doing the news edition on Piers Morgan show when he talked about being a diabetic I have a very good friend that lost her19 yr. old daughter to a diabetic seizure this past Valentines Day. The young lady was showering had a seizure and some how the heal of her foot got lodge in the drain and she drowned this was a very tragic incident that you would never want to have happen to anyone. As Bret stated if you are a diabetic please see your doctor and follow up on all leads to take care of yourself

March 3, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sarah

Just last May my husband was having an awful headache sick to his stomach and his shoulder and neck were also hurting & he had slurred speech!!! He went 10 days until I made him go to ER and the CT showed two bleeds so he was airvacked to another hospital where the angiogram showed a massive anurysm!!! The prognosis was not good however he made a full recovery!!! This is a terrifying event as often it comes with serious aftermath and it can be fatal! We pray that Brett makes a full recovery!!!

April 27, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ross

I love how everyone posts like they are writing to Bret Michaels. Telling all their sob stories to get people to feel sorry for them. It's like people think there is no one else in the world with problems.

April 27, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sam Fisher

Hang in there, Bret. We're all pulling for you, keep fighing on.

April 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. millie

I believe it's nice that people are keeping him in their prayers, as I will. I have talked to some people who are agonizing over this. I must say their passion is admirable but none of them know him personally. Some have not reacted this way when someone in their own family has passed away.

April 27, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. D HOLT

PRAY FOR BRETT!

April 27, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MARGARET

I ADORE YOU BRET MICHAELS . IM THINKING OF YOU DAILY AND PRAYING FOR YOUR RECOVERY . I HAVE BEEN VERY SAD SINCE I HARD THE NEWS, PLEASE GET WELL SOON, I KEEP UP WITH YOUR CONDITION EVERYDAY . NASHVILLE TENNESSEE LOVES YOU BRET MICHAELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARGARET ( NURSE)MEDICAL FIELD

April 27, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. maggi

my daughter is a surgeon..she works aprrox 80 hours a week. She cares and "figures" out how save people every day. The post prior is one of an ill informed narrow minded fool.

April 27, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. melinda

We are praying for . Me and my sister Amanda are big fans . My god be with you . And your kids are in my prayrs .

April 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tasha

We are praying for you Bret! You are an inspiration to us all! Best wishes & a speedy recovery. We want you back on stage as soon as you are able. We LOVE you & your music! Thinking of you in Kansas!!!

April 26, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. katy

Best wishes for a full recovery to Bret. One more thing – guess no matter how much money you have doctors and hospitals still take forever to find out what is wrong with you and treat the problem....if they can figure it out. They can if it is on a computer printout. I hope and pray that he has a doctor that knows what he is doing or even cares.

April 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Patty_Sandy9

I'm really praying for you. GOD bless you.
    I'm not a fan, but this makes me very sad.

April 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joann

I am pr aying for you. You have touch my life in many ways. I know you are strong and will overcome this. If you believe in GOD then anything is possible. Put you hands in his and he will carry you thought this. You daughters need there dad. Don't give up! You have an angle with you. I trust that GOD will heal you. I you are a great man. I wish one day I will met you, but now you are in my heart and prayers each and every hour of the day. We all love you here in Virginia. I am 40 and been in love with you since the first time I heard you sing. You have changed my life with your music so Get well. I will send you all my true love and support. I been watching your videos and playing your music 24/7 since you got sick. So let God help you though this tough time in your life. I will be here for you always. The greast fan and friend ever.

April 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Heidi

Bret,

My son was diagnosed with type 1 in 2008- he is 8 now.
    He is insulin dependent and is dealing with major anger issues around his diabetes.
    On Friday I had recieved yr Diabetic T-shirt that Ive been waiting for which seemed like forever and I wore it to my sons game on Saturday.
    I am praying for you and your family- as I know being a mom of now a type 1 diabetic son, we all suffer-however- I have faith and I KNOW all will be well. No matter what.
    BY the way- I am 42 and Poison ws one of my favorite bands-=)
    Rock On Bret- My prayers are with you.

April 26, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. NicNac

Praying for you Bret. You can pull through this!

April 26, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Head Diva In Charge

I can't stop thinking about this. I really hope he pulls through......

April 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ........

He needs to know Jesus....

April 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Julie Parker InOutCash.Com

Wow, he has such talent in singing and song writing I certainly hope he has a full recovery. Its not really my cup of tea but I have heard his songs at the gym and was really impressed by the emotions he was able to convey.

Warmly
    Julie

April 26, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. KAY

Brent

I have you in my thoughts and prayers that you will make a complete recovery. God bless you and I love you.

April 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Dave Yaeck

This is such a bummer. This man has been a fighter. Just had his appendix removed just a couple weeks ago. We are praying for your recovery Bret. May God be with you now and give you strength to overcome this.

April 26, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |