April 23rd, 2010

New 'Eclipse' trailer hits the web

We’re down to a little more than two months until the third installment of the "Twilight" saga hits theaters, and Summit Entertainment is spoon-feeding bits of "Eclipse" to ease the waiting time.

To accompany the first trailer for “Eclipse,” the production company tweeted earlier this week that Twihards should watch out for a second trailer to hit the Web, and it finally has - on Oprah.com.

Some have hoped that this trailer would include the action that the third book is known for – new murderous, rampaging vampires plus a bloody ending – and it looks like we finally get that.

To accompany the long stares in a flower-filled meadow that we witnessed in an earlier trailer, the latest "Eclipse" teaser offers more violent sequences depicting that new army of bloodsuckers (the carnivorous kind), wolves going to battle and snippets of Edward's battle with Victoria (who was portrayed by Rachelle Lefevre, the actress who played her in the first two films before she was replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard).

What do you think of the new "Eclipse" trailer? Are there any crucial plot points you wish would've made it in?

Filed under: movies • Twilight

1. lucas

Looking forward to see this movie...

April 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kb

there are only 3 words that can describe the Twilight Series.

GAY AS BALLS

April 26, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Denise

I love the preview and can not wait to see the movie. What would have been great is if this movie was in 3D. Overall the movie preview is awesome.

April 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Becc

I Loved It!! I got chills when I watched the trailer. I cannot wait for the movie to come out.

April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dr

The books are great. Saw 2 first films – loved it. Can hardly wait for the 3rd.

April 26, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LocaTX

Can't wait to watch it but i don't want to watch too many trailers, it will give the movie away just like it happened w/ New Moon. Not too impresed w/ the movie after watching so many trailers

April 26, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. team eric

for those of you wanting the less sparkly version of vamps see true blood: season 3, mid-june. edward looks weird in the trailers...however, i'll probably go see it b/c i liked eclipse although i do feel the movies are slightly corny.

April 26, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. anon

If Bram Stoker Was alive and well today then He'd probably be face palming right now. As it is hes turning over in his grave

April 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dia

i CANNOT WAIT!! im so excited!

April 26, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Casey

Alright, alright. Let's get some things cleared up:
    1) THIS IS FICTION! Just like with any other novel that comes up, this is purely fictional. There is some truth (like Forks, WA...that's about all) but overall, there isn't much to like. Stephanie Myers has a writing style, but much to the dismay of many readers (like myself), her lack of description and rushing of events through the book make it seem difficult to comprehend.
    2 For the Twi-Hards and Twi-geeks, get over it. Although you will still be obsessed with it when the movies are long and gone, you'll still be talking about it. Please...keep it to yourself. There are SO many of us out there who just like the books for entertainment only and are extremely annoyed when we hear "TEAM JACOB" or "TEAM EDWARD" or even "TEAM BELLA". Please...please just knock it off.
    3) In the Millenial Generation (from 1978 to 2000), we've been dealing with different series of books. More than likely, people will say the "Twilight" saga due to the fact that it's all over the place. What about last summer, when the last Harry Potter book came out? People were flocking to the stores, trying to buy it. Our generation is being raised on fantasy literature that is forcing young children to believe in something that doesn't exist. Vampires don't sparkle, people don't turn into wolves on anger and you don't have a choice between them.

April 26, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. jeff george

My wife and daughters read the Twilight books as well as the Sookie Stackhouse books, and they're all three of the opinion that Steph Meyer ripped off Charlaine Harris something awful. They made me sit through the movies at home, and I thought I'd develop a tumor from the experience.

April 26, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. A Trainer

my opinion on these movies...cornay. its meant to appeal to little girls hormones...and cougars'

April 26, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. J

I don't understand why people waste their energy complaining about entertainment. If you don't like the books, don't read them. If you don't like the movies, don't watch them. I was pleasantly surprised by the first movie, but the second was one obiviously geared toward the fans. So What.

April 26, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. JMe

I just love twilight, I can't wait to see the movie. TEAM EDWARD :)

April 26, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Saya530

When the first trailer came out, i was bummed b/c it about the whole "choice" theme...but she kinda already chose in New Moon...for me the whole "newborn" theme was the big deal...so when I saw this new trailer, I was not disappointed. I got chills and it definitely got me excited again about the movie.

As far as the people saying that the Twilight Saga doesn't match up to other Vampire movies...who cares. Why can't new movies be made for entertainment...why does it have to be better or worse? Why can't it just be entertaining and take your imagination for a quick little journey away from the daily grind and woes of the economy?

Yeah, us Twihards can be annoying w/ our constant criticizing and our excitement but the comments are usually made to people w/ similar feelings. Like others have mentioned before, if you don't like the Twilight Saga, why are you wasting your time and energy reading and/or responding. I personally don't read stories I have no interest in, what's the point? Just go about your business and join an Anne Rice chat forum and bash us on there...

April 26, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jason Acord

Are they still making these films? The first two were so terrible!
    I hope the teenage vampire craze ends soon and vampire films go back to what they should be...scary!

April 26, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. Corp

Remember girls a health relationship is based on him not killing you!

No clue why these books are so popular. Their theme is basically 'shut up woman and make me a sandwich'. If a man had written them he could have been hung by the feminist groups, and rightfully so.

That said I am looking forward to the fourth movie since it will show the world just how truely nuts Twilight is. I'm hoping Rob Zombie directs. Be right up his alley :p

April 26, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. older Twi to die fan

Awesome trailer, loved all the books and movies, however Breaking dawn did stretch it a bit with the speedy pregancy in my opinion, but it was still a good read.
    Rob P/Edward long stares, the intensity of his eyes make me believe in the love he feels for Kirsten/Bella, the drama with Jacob puts a great spin on the saga, yeah the wolves look great in the trailer and I loved how Taylor bulked up for new moon. Great body Jacob but I remain devotely Team Edward for life!!!

April 26, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. Courtney

Rachelle is not in either trailer. It is Bryce Dallas Howard in both – look closer. They did a pretty decent job of trying to get her to look as close to Rachelle as they could.

April 26, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  20. Craig

Good lord. you people really need to get a life. So sad.

April 26, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. erika

the 5th book is called Midnight Sun. derrr

April 26, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  22. sliencce

I really love Edward!.I hate Bella in Eclipse because she has kissed Jacod.

April 26, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. Carmen

I cannot wait till June...The movie will be awesome, as for all the twilight haters!! If you don't like the movies or books DON"T comment on here!! Finally a movie that doesn't include big boobs and dumb actresses and actors...These movies are about love and relationships.. I think Stephenie Meyers is an incredible author. It's pretty simple people, If you don't like the movies or books...Don't Read them or watch them, We twilight fans love everything about it so GET OVER IT!!!!!!! Team Edward!

April 25, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. silence321

OMG! I'm soo excited! I haven't watched the second one yet though. I've only got two months to buy and watch it! I also have got to buy the first one cause no one in my house but me has read or seen any of the Twilight films!

April 25, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tomoyo

God, I can't wait for this "Twilight" crap to be over. Vampires used to be cool. Now they're like... cheerleaders. :/

April 25, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Teegan

So wish they hadn't changed Victoria's actress! She did a lovely job!

– Team Tylor's van

April 25, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  27. SCRAPsupply

ah who cares!

check out

April 25, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Head Diva In Charge

So good – such an awesome trailer. I can't wait.

April 25, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. 2 Gabby Gals

I can not WAIT for the movie to come out!! I just may have to reread the books in preparation. http://www.2gabbygals.com

April 25, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  30. Niki

I love the books, but didn't care for the first two movies... it looks like third time might be a charm on this one though. I actually looks pretty good, and I am looking forward to seeing it. (I just hope it's not the case where the previews look great, and the movie is a dud!!!

April 25, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  31. cher-lo

"Most people hate the series, but then you have the feminine die-hard crowd that won't let it die. Specific groups of people keep this alive:

Teenage girls

Emo kids

Lonely wives whose husbands aren't man enough to keep them remotely interested in them.

Husbands in the closet who just need a little more edward to coax them out. and if you're a guy who actually read the books, there is no denying which team you fight for. I'll give you a hint: Richard Simmons is the captain of the team you're on.

We're all pretty much sick of you emo-vampire loving fans out there that have zero taste."

And you know what? I'm pretty sick of people hating on this series! Yes it's everywhere! Yes it seems to have taken over! Yes it's a mostly female fan-base! WHO CARES!! There's nothing wrong with letting the female population have something to fawn over and get excited about. For god's sake, how many times do we women go to the theater and have to sit through movies with the hot chick with big boobs that can't act, and is there purely for eye candy? There are so many different movies and series' geared toward men, so for crying out loud, let the females have something of their own.

Personally I know these books and movies are pretty corny. Is it amazing literature? No. Are the movies Oscar worthy? Absolutely not. But there is something in them that resonates with different people and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I love the books and the movies, and I also have very broad tastes, that I like to think, doesn't suck. I'll tell you, I'm getting pretty sick of being pigeonholed as a lonely woman that has no taste and no sense of reality just because I enjoy this saga.

That being said, I think by far Eclipse looks to be the best in this series. I love that they are playing up the action in this and that Riley has more of a presence in the film. David Slade was exactly what this franchise needed.

April 25, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  32. cher-lo

what are you saying cher? i can't understand..

April 25, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  33. cher-lo

i love you cher.. i mean i love you're post. keep it up!

April 25, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  34. cher

can't wait for the movie to be release on June. I've read all the books but it's better to watch it on the big screen.

April 25, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  35. Helen

Teenage girls

Emo kids

April 25, 2010 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  36. Teresa

oh and to also say in some of them they show some scenes for breaking dawn as well in one of the trailers and I don't think it's the trailers from the movie industry or what but you can tell.

April 25, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  37. Teresa

As long as you are watching the actual final one because there are only 2 trailers and people make their own. in some parts of the final one they still have some scenes from the previous trailer as well.

April 24, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Teresa

Well in the first one they showed for eclipse the first trailer it is Rachelle Lefevre and in the final one it's definitely Bryce Dallas Howard. I just watched both and compared.

April 24, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Gena

What I don't understand is if you read the first book and thought it sucked, why would you waste your time and money reading the others?
    Not all writers appeal to everyone. I did not like the Harry Potter thing, so I did not read the books or go to the movies. However, I did not comment negatively on either. Harry Potter was not my thing, if it was someone else's – good for them.

If you don't like Twilight, don't read the books or go to the movies. Not rocket science.

April 24, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. elin

great trailer and can't wait for movie. but i think it's the worst hair ever in a movie (see kristen stewart's crappy wig and also bryce dallas howard's unnatural red curly hair as victoria). the hairdressers for eclipse clearly sucked and blew it. as much as i can't wait for the movie, i'm a bit worried that i'll be looking and hating the hair the whole movie.

April 24, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. foil

@ The Thinker: I'm a thinker, too. I think you're stupid. Shut up.

April 24, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tiffany

Bryce Dallas Howard sucks as Victoria...Rachael was waaaayyyyyy better......i like Bryce as an actress just not as Victoria

April 24, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. TerriLyn

There was a scheduling conflict regarding the last actress to play Victoria. They were left with no other recourse but to recast. I'm sure that Bryce will do a good job as well. And to be fair, Victoria isn't "on screen" so very much that it's going to be a huge difference.

Besides, the 60's survived the recasting of Darren on Bewitched!

April 24, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  44. beth

Bryce Dallas Howard replaced Victoria in this movie forward.

April 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. TheThinker

I'm always amazed at how people get mad when others who do not agree with them post their feelings about things...I wonder if they themselves sit by so quietly when they feel strongly about something; this I doubt. It is in our nature to speak out our beliefs, and its one of the liberties of living in the United States. Yet it seems like some would rather have all nay-sayers silenced. Sounds like a form of the same old issue we've had throughout the years, whether it was people decrying slavery, mass murder, etc. Just because something is popular (or not popular) does not mean either side should be silent; nor does it mean a the more popular side is right (nor the less popular). The best ideas come when people from different sides come together as one and share their ideas - not when the opposition is silenced.

April 24, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. TheThrifters

This looks like it could be very STYLISH.

April 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Keeley

I'm sooo... excited for this movie! Eclipse is my favorite book out of the 4. I really hope that they show Bella punch Jacob for kissing herI Hilarious!!!

April 24, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Susie

Just gotta put a comment down. The first 2 films were definitely not up to par for me. The trailer looks far better then the other 2 films. I'll probably go to see it but because of the fact that the others let me down I won't be expecting much from it other then eye-candy. I've read the books and..yes, Stephanie Meyer is like a child writing about some kind of fantasy but doesn't really know how to get it out. I don't know if it has to do with her religion or what that makes the books seem so childish but it was very hard to get thru them all. Even in the books there was barely any emotion between the characters, that's why I just can't stand Rob P, he seems to be able to have no emotion of any kind in both films. I'm so frustrated with this series, the books and the films. Stephanie Meyer had a great concept but not the ability to write something that could have really grabbed an audience other then teen grls.

April 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Go Sharks!

Cannot wait!! Hopefully they can make Edward look more like he did in the first movie. <3

April 24, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kristen

I am intoxicated with this series but I do, partially, agree with Dan. In my opinion, Stephanie Meyer isn't the most scholarly novelist but she managed to take her somewhat adolescent writing style and write an amazingly captivating story. I love the complete Twilight Saga. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the book is depicted on the big screen just as I was with the first two novels.

April 24, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  51. DHM

The vampires coming up out of the water is freaky and I cannot wait to see this movie!!

April 24, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. jocelyn

"SHANE April 24th, 2010 5:08 am ET

I have been drug by my wife to the two previous installments of this film series. I hope this is the last one of its kind.

Twilight: AKA: The Big Snooze 1

Twilight 2: AKA The Big Snooze 2

Twilight 3: AKA Get the Barf Bag!

As I have said before. When it comes to Vampire Films I have standards. This does not fall into those standards"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA While I am a "fan" of the Twilight series and have, and will continue to see the films, I have to agree with Shane in that they are not going to be winning any best picture awards anytime soon! This new trailer looks good...kinda...whatever I'm going to see it anyway.

April 24, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  53. Trystan Greenfield

I'm certain Anne Rice cries herself to sleep at night over how stupid this bedazzled vampire series is. I'd like to see the whole twilight clan fight Lestat.

Teenage girls

Emo kids

April 24, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  54. Shane

Twilight: AKA: The Big Snooze 1

Twilight 2: AKA The Big Snooze 2

Twilight 3: AKA Get the Barf Bag!

As I have said before. When it comes to Vampire Films I have standards. This does not fall into those standards.

So you folks question my standards?

Ok, fine!

Here they are:

The Underworld Series!

Blade, (the first one)

Lost Boys

Brahm Stoker's: Dracula

Nuff said!

April 24, 2010 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  55. Salsa

No, that's Bryce Dallas Howard. Here we go with the knitpicking. I would have liked to see consistency, too. I don't think they should have replaced Rachelle but they did. Anyway, the trailer looks awesome other than the flashback of "Land of the Living Dead" kinda thing, however, the wolves look good and the actions looks good. Just hope it follows the book the way New Moon did. I'll see it no matter what because I'm a Twifan. I don't think anyone could butcher the books any more than Catherine Hardwicke did so whatever.

April 24, 2010 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  56. Kim

No, that's the original Victoria in the clip. They must have filmed a few things before replacing her. That sucks. I'd have much rather seen consistency in character rather than going for a name. Shame on them.

April 23, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Tedi

You're right, Stef. It's definitely Bryce Dallas Howard in the trailer.

April 23, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Vam Pyre

I heard there was a FIFTH book in the series!! It follows Breaking Dawn – it is called Breaking Wind!!

April 23, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Brenda

What get me people will go to Movies over & over. Yet they will comment about not liking it. Maybe go to UTube and rate the movie , they do have a dislike button.

April 23, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  60. evs

LOVED the new trailer. The wolves look amazing! One question...what is up with Edwards hair? Did they change the color? it looks different and weird!

April 23, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  61. twi-hard 4 life

"I'll be glad when we're finished w/all 4 movies because they all suck" ... Yet you found yourself compelled not only to click but to read and comment. The Twilight Saga cannot be ignored and therefore Stephanie Meyer wins.

April 23, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Val

HAHA! Guess, Bethany has a point, Dan!

The trailer looks awesome. I can't wait for the movie!

April 23, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  63. bethany

always makes me laugh when people like "dan" comment on stories ... Hmmmm question for you... if you HATE the books, think the writer sucks, can't wait for the movies to be done with... WHY ARE YOU CLICKING ON THE LINK TO READ THE ARTICLE?

April 23, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. dan

I'll be glad when we're finished w/all 4 movies because they all suck. i tried reading some of twilight and i couldn't get through it. it sounded as if a 14yr old kid did the writing. stephanie meyer DOES NOT know how to write.

April 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Vicky B

OMGGGG...... I can HARDLY WAITTTTTTTT!!!!

April 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. ali

There's absolutely NO love in the trailor. I can see why it wasn't liked in the testings. The fan base is female. There's no changing that. The films have a stigma attached to them and men don't want to become fans for appearing gay. Where exactly is the romance? There has to be some romance on both the Edward and Jacob front or where's the choice? She has to choose between two guys who are fighting the entire movie? That doesn't make the choice clear. The entire book is about the choice. It's not about Riley. He's a very, very minor part. Sure he's OK looking but the fact is he is a minor role and he's getting far too much attention.

April 23, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Lynn

I saw the trailer today, it looks so awesome! I can't wait to see it. I am going to re-read Eclipse to refresh my memory prior to seeing the movie. The book was so good. I am just praying now that the new Director doesn't blow it making Breaking Dawn. I can't wait for that one too. Breaking Dawn had so much going on, I hope they keep it true to the book. Team Edward!

April 23, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Eclipse fan

Much much better than the first trailer. There is hope after all...

April 23, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Nenz

I'm so excited!!

April 23, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Natalie Hicks- Babb

I just watched this trailer on Oprah.com. I got chills! I cannot wait to see it on the big screen!!

April 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Stef

That is Bryce Dallas Howard in the trailer.

April 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |