April 21st, 2010

We lost another one on 'Idol'

testing captions
testing captions

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

I always knew it was going to happen, and yet I still was unprepared.

Tim Urban has been sent off and I could reflect on what took voters so long, but instead I find myself actually questioning if Casey James should have left us.

Don't get me wrong, I think Casey is tremendously talented, but I have seen very little growth with him. Tim has grown, even though judging from where he came from there really was no place to go but up.

"Idol Gives Back" was heavy tonight and add to that the departure of TUrban as he has been called and I am not sure how I feel.

Your thoughts?

And don't forget to head over to iReport where you can submit your questions for Tim.

1. PQB

This is the lamest season of Idol ever.

The 'talent' and originality is missing, the judging schtick is becoming very tired.

When Simon goes (and even he is becoming predictable and a parody of himself) the show goes too.

April 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BJ

The top three should be Siobhan, Crystal and Lee!!

Mike – go home. Annoying all the way. Go home, please.

Casey – go home, so one dimensional and devoid of any stage presence.

Aaron is coming around fine for his age. He will do alright in an year or two. I like his voice.

Tim was actually growing and I could him being around. I can't say that for Mike or Casey. They have not shown any growth.

April 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. shabaz

I agree with everyone that says Kara has to go. I don't know what it is. She is a music industry player, she is a good song writer and singer and she don't look so bad. But I don't know what it is , each time she opens her mouth I just want to throw things at the tv. She just rubs up badly on people and is so annoying and such a smartass. She is trying to make out that she is smarter and more successful at spotting talent than Simon...Halloooo, look around please. Funnily enough he has been very patient with her.

THis season is the worst, Mamasox should win, with Lee D running up. Big Mike should have not been saved as he is cruise ship singer quality and also arrogant. Siobhan is weird, Casey should do okay in Nashville and Aaron is a nice kid who will probably do okay.

April 23, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Terri

I thought Tim had a good voice, but not the best. At least Tim sang better than the Black Eyed Peas. I would have liked to see Aaron go instead because he has no stage presence, while Tim has the-boy-next-door kind of charm. In reality, it doesn't matter in what order the top 10 are eliminated. If record producers are interested in you, they will sign you no matter where you placed on Idol. Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are doing well, despite not finishing in the top 3. I think Tim could possibly land a TV gig eventually. Someone on another blog suggested that Tim could replace Ryan as the host of Idol. I would love to see that happen as Ryan has been acting like a jerk lately.

April 23, 2010 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. bravehart

Flyer11, where did you see a list of how many votes contestants received, in order for you to claim Crystal was "so close to the bottom 3"? If such a source exists I would like to see it also.

April 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. S. Durham

Does anyone really care?

April 22, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. moon627

Tim was lucky to have lasted as long as he did – it was always a surprise when he didnt get voted off so it was a relief to finally see him go bye bye – and he didnt even get to put us to sleep with a final song :D

Wanda Sykes was so funny when she joked about how the person going home has to sing on their way out to remind us of exactly why they were voted off – hee hee

Loved George Lopez making fun of the judges :) he cracked me up !
    ...says "my cousin that works at the dog pound said the people there don't even say "dawg" as much as Randy; you are the only Brother on the show so you are – Safe (LOL!)

Black Eyed Peas sound quality was very bad and not a good song

Didnt like Joss Stone – never have – she ruined that song for me

I liked the instrumental part of "Stairway to Heaven" but didnt like Mary J Blige's version of singing it – she didnt go for the high notes

I missed most of Alicia but what i heard of her NY song was inspirational

Carrie Underwood was really good – she has a come a long way !

Elton John's voice is still wonderful – good song
    I would love for him to be an AI judge

April 22, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. michele

i really do think she is getting treated unfairly.......Simon makes fun of her butterflies........meanwhile cyrstal brings in her own lampy,carpet and has that weird hairdo...(geez Simon YOU have said many times yourself this isn't a fashion show...then why are you making fun of sioban???

Sioban has a wide variety of vocals........she is not the only one on this planet that is pitchy or screams.........look at whitney houston..........she screams.....there's more just can't think right now....lol....

the judges keep cristising sioban for not finding herself............how can she when they make fun of everything she tries to do...sioban doesn't seem to be afraid to take risks...imo...Crystal and Casey to me are one trick ponies that stand there...terrifed to take risks....

i'm a fan of Mike...but i just wanted to voice how i think its unfair of how Sioban is been treated....the more I think about this....I think sioban should win this thing.....so all you Sioban fans vote really hard for her....even tho I'm a Mike fan....I know sounds confusing.....its ok I confused myself

oh and one more thing.......I'm not saying she is bad....but....Crystal needs to go home....she was ready to walk out....they focus alot of attention on her....IMO...you know what...Mike missed the birth of his first baby......andrew was a Father...they held their own .......IMO..Crystal just seems to have to much baggage right now to become a winner......Sioban is trying hard to deal with the judges and find herself for them and us and has no baggage.....but is being harrassed each week by the judges...I don't get it.....

April 22, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Caseysnumberonefan

Dana,
    I agree totally with what you are saying about Casey, but I don't think that dancing is what he needs. He just needs to show more of a connection with his songs, he does have a great voice and just needs to showcase his talent more with something other than pure rock songs. Maybe a little bit of blues in with the rock to show his tender side more.....

April 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dana

Crystal and Casey are really good especially Crystal but there is something strange about that girl.Has anyone else noticed it? What the heck is this with her dad all the time? enough already... Casey is hot and he can sing just needs to put on a better show.dance maybe or move more something,but he has a great voice...

April 22, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Flyin11

Glad Tim's gone. Another one bites the dust. We know which ones will go home, just a matter of time. Also, Crystal was very very close to being in the bottom 3. She wasn't there but that just shows how few votes she got to be that close and it shows the others got higher votes than her so not everyone thought she was great on Tuesday night.

April 22, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Big Dog Dad

I agree that it was Tim's time to go (though I did enjoy watching him improve). I think that Casey may be the next one eliminated: If he wants to stay, he will have to take a risk next week and try to sing like a star, or he does risk looking like a one-man cover band for 70's blues-rock. As another poster suggested, he's a too comfortable with his bar-band persona.

The other performance to watch next week is Crystal's: Can she keep up her intensity enough to continue motivating people to vote for her? Or will the audience become so sure she's going to win that they stop voting for her. I think that Crystal, more than the others, must continue to elevate her singing. She has to show that she truly is a great singing star, not just a singer with a great voice.

April 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Phillyexp

Most of all Big Fat Mike must go away. He's got no soul to his voice. He might have a heavy-weight body but his voice is light-weight "ya'll???" – What's up with that?? Pretty weak I'd say.

I thought Lee was the best Tuesday night but Crystal was the last one up so she got the bump. Between those two for sure. As far as the judges go, I like Randy because you just got to laugh and he's a character. And Simon because he's last up for a reason. Ellen is OK but that Kara...

And please nobody attempt to sing (that sister was weak for sure) another Led Zeppelin song.

April 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Caseysnumberonefan

I think that Casey will bump things up in the next few weeks and give eveyone a run for their money. Casey, you've got my vote every week, because you are definitely easy on the eyes.

April 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Victor Li

And MamaSox, everybody, including the people from Elliston, Ohio, is rooting for you to win "Idol" this year.

April 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sue

Please let Aaron go next! Seems like a sweet kid, and I am sure in a few years he will really develop vocally and be great. He's just so young! He looks like he should be delivering my paper not pictured on my new CD!

All things considered though, I don't think there is one of them that I would buy their CD...sorry :(

April 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. NoRez

Tim Urban = Perry Como. Bye, Tim. Catch you on the big Carnival boat.

April 22, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. No American Idol Fan

Casey James should be the 2010 American Idol. Let's add looks to the vocals of American Idol. Send Krystal home – with the face pierce, etc. bad choice and not a good role model.

Send home Kara, not a good judge.

April 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Victor Li

Now that Kate Gosselin is finally voted off "Dancing with the Stars," I predict "American Idol" will bump their ratings back to the top. So stop living in the past and help "Idol" close the show with Simon Cowell's best final season there. And I wonder if you like to follow him on "X-Factor" instead? You decide.

April 22, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tedbear8

Finally, what should have been done weeks ago, Tim's gone home! Casey shouldn't have been in the bottom 3. Aaron, Mike and Sioban should be next. Crystal should win it all.

April 22, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lucy

Good luck Tim! You're a star and should've been in the finale with Crystal. No reason to watch anymore for me.

April 22, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. millie

Greg and dorothy- I love ya. MC- you're preaching to the choir. Noone still has an explanation as to why Mike is on the show (after what his Dad did).

April 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jeff

Tim Urban? Feh. Who cares? Eye candy for the kiddies. No real longevity there. Mike, though? He should not have been saved - Katie should have been. We already had a Reuban Studdard, and he hasn't done anything noteworthy. Katie is amazing, though.

April 22, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Nan

I was disappointed when Aaron didn't go home. Every week I hope it's him or Big Mike. They shouldn't have saved Big Mike. And the picking up of everyone is getting old....

April 22, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. BobR

What are the dates for the Finals?

April 22, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bull

Best part of last nights show,was the look on Karas face when
    George Lopez called her on her nude photo deal.And when he
    kept calling her by other names.Lets her know how small she is
    on AI.
    It's time to stick the fork in Idol.After watching last night,it's done.
    Rather than beg for "Give Back" donations,AI should charge one dollar
    per vote.

April 22, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  27. ray

It's interesting to see the diversity of the comments and opinions, as well as the passion they are fueled by.

Key messages to the show is that the stock is falling fast. It needs a serious revamp.

The talent this year was not on par, and another season like that and the show will go the way of 'the funniest person' show, which died a painful death. They just could not find talent.

The judging is inconsistent, predictable, and often not helpful to these folks. The personality clashes are distracting.

The music material is not creative or current.

However, the spirit that made the show successful is still worth while and uplifting.

I hope the producers are all realizing the same thing, and don't put lip stick on a pig to dress it up. Step back and rethink the approach to create AI2 which will be needed for this show to be reborn, before it passes away.

Not sure Lee and crystal are on par with the likes of past winners like Adam or Dave, but they are the front runners this year in my personal opinion. The others will get picked off in some order. In the end, they all will have the opportunity to capitalize on their visibility, so there are no real losers from the top 10.. I give them all some level of credit..

I like the give back direction of the show, but perhaps they can weave it in thru a season vs all at once. Save the earth theme is also a thread that can be woven. They just need to get better talent and judging next season. Also, the professional talent they bring on and the songs they sing are missing the mark.

AI.. heal thy self !

April 22, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  28. Sandi

Remembering that only one singer can be voted off a week, I think Tim was one of the right choices to leave. Everyone but the winner WILL be voted off. It is only a matter of time before Aaron and Casey leave as well. Definitely the top 3 will be...Crystal, Lee and Siobahn. Top 2 ...Crystal and Lee. But that is okay because both will be picked up by record companies.....

April 22, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ellen

Glad Katie went last week & Aaron should've gone this week. My top pick, Krystal.

April 22, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  30. zach

mike is not fat thats muscle. plus he the best behind crystal in my opionion. i would buy both of their albums. siobahn or whatever is not good. casey is ok, aaron is also good , lee ...i just don't like his singing.

my top 3: mike, crystal, aaron

April 22, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  31. Linda Messner

I HOPE BIG MIKE goes home next, He cannot sing, all he can do is run his Big Fat mouth. He should NOT have been saved. What are the judges thinking?I think Crystal is the best they have this year by far.She is the next AI.

April 22, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  32. bnksshly

The judges saved mike because his voice is the stuff and there are so many mike haters because he doesn't sing ya'll rock or pop style. He's an artist and he's proven that. Now he has made a couple of bad song choices I can attest to that but him leaving before casey or arron would be stupid. Casey is the same every week and arron is a baby who needs a little more time to grow.

April 22, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Ashley

All you Crystal criticizers – have you ever experienced diabetes? She has had two trips to the hospital during this Idol season. She still hangs in there and gives us her best each week. Sure she got homesick for her dad and child, but who wouldn't if they really cared for their family? The tears were explained so have a little compassion for a great singer!

April 22, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  34. Tim

Forgot to mention I agree with everyone else... this is the worst and most boring season every. Crystal, Lee and Siobon are the only shinning stars . Now I just want the show to be over so Crystal and Lee can make albums and Siohbon can go to broadway. Even though I would buy Crystal and Lee's album in a heartbeat they need to learn how to also be entertainers on stage. NO ONE has any charisma or star quality this season. Its like they are all on anti-depressants. You also realize how much Paula added to the show. Send Kara home.

April 22, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. J. Johnston

Why does everyone think that Casey should go home!!!! He is good singer!!!!

April 22, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  36. DaveF

American Idol has run it's course and should be taken off the air. It is SUCH a WASTE of time, and I'm embarrassed to admit to even watching any of it. Say what you want about Adam Lambert but he ruined that show by being so good that no one else can come close to matching his star power. One thing I did learn about watching this show... RECORD it then you can Fast Forward through the endless commercials and Kara's stupid, pointless, ANNOYING comments. Takes about 15 minutes to blast through and you get the essence which more that enough.

April 22, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  37. justme

to everyone: how many of you can sing as well as ANY of the contestants; how many of you have ever been asked to JUDGE anything and have an extensive musical background to do so??
    It's easy to criticize the contestents and we all have our favorites- but out of thousands of wanna-bes these people showed talent- maybe a little raw, but with a hope that with training and exposure they would improve.
    I do think AI needs an overhaul- too long in my estimation-but it's a great jumping off point for a lot of people. My only criticism is that I don't think people who are already making a living singing should be included- there should be a separate show for those.
    Come on everyone- give those kids a break!!

April 22, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  38. tERRY FENDER

I think we need a whole new judge panel if i have to hear Ellen say d duh uh duh one more time it makes me not to even watch her show.Randy is the only one who should stay.

April 22, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  39. CA school friend

Thank goodness we don't have to listen to another one of Tim's weak-voiced songs. The guy has no pipes! And I agree with others that say Casey is ready to go home too.

April 22, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  40. Mark

Has anybody else noticed that most of the time the contestants choose songs from the sixties or seventies. I guess that proves that it is still the best music ever.

April 22, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  41. Tim

Tim was long over due! Sure he showed growth, but he should have never been on the show to begin with. There are a few people that were cut in Hollywood that should have been on the show instead of him. The web site VOTE FOR THE WORST has been taking credit for keeping Tim on the show.

April 22, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  42. Tony

Who cares, this show sucks almost as much Dancing with the Stars. The only episode that is ever any good, is the first, where you get to see all the idiots.

April 22, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. Lisa

Siobahn has got to go. She is not American Idol material.

Crystal is by far the Winner already. No one can touch the talent she
    possesses!!!

April 22, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  44. Hai

Fatty needs to go.... personal trainer? singer? who is he kidding?

April 22, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kay

Even with all the judge changes, Simon is the only one that is honest, and has something that has any real meaning. As much as I don't like Ellen, she is 10 times better than Kara. Randy's comments are just pretty worthless. I predict when Simon is gone, there will be no more American Idol. At least not every year.

April 22, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  46. Mark

Next years judges should be Ellen, Queen Latifah, T Bone Burnett and someone old school rock. How about Alice Cooper. Ellen loves music with no backround in it, Queen Latifah for the younger crowd, T Bone, who is a producer of all kinds of acts and Alice Cooper for the rockers.

April 22, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  47. HR

Idol is in it's last season – too boring – lousy talent and as for the judges – Simon offers the ONLY realistic reviews, Randy spouts the usual "pitchy" BS, Kara tries to emulate Paula and Ellen tries to decide which of the girl's pants she would like to get into – HO-HUM – goodbye Idol!

April 22, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  48. Will

*Did a person named "Terri" 3 spots above me just leave a THREE-paragraph message??? If you didn't realize it, Terri...your comments have a very strong message for us. It says, "SKIP ME!!!"

April 22, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  49. wardlamb

Alicia Keyes (spelling) was not in top form,Elton was super,and I guess I was suprised Big Mike and the little guy were still in.
    It's really all cRYSTALS' IF TALENT IS THE MAIN FACTOR!

April 22, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  50. Jeff

Siobhan is ineresting, but I just keep hearing her throaty, broadway or pageant-souding voice (it's really hard to classify her voice for some reason) and it's really not relevant in today's music world, in my humble opinion.

I think the final will be close, between Lee and Crystal. Crystal started at the top and has maintained, Lee started slower but is accelerating and doing great each week now.

April 22, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  51. Dave

hmm, Like Crystal isn't always just standing there and sing. So she's pretty BORING too.

I don't understand the excitement about Krystal. She can sing for sure and I honestly think they all can sing. But Krystal as a package is not that good. She's unattractive, , her voice is just ok (again she can certainly sing but does she sound all that great ?) and the guitar crap is gotta go. So many in the world can play the guitar (well or not well) so what's the big fuss.

April 22, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  52. Mark

America got it right a few weeks ago and voted Mike off the show. To all the Big Mike fans, I am sorry but the guy just cannot sing. Although he is not the worst, he should have been gone a long time ago. He is way over the top with his antics. Lifting Ms. Keys off the floor was totally out of line. He is always moving the others out of the way just to get on camera. The top 3 should be Crystal, Lee and Annie Lennox who was absolutely fantastic. America, get off your butt and vote Crystal or Lee.

April 22, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  53. Trip

I think the only reason Tim Urban lasted this long was because of his good looks. The majority of people who vote seem to be teenage girls. Tim Urban isn't cut out to be a singer but would have an excellent career as a model. I could easily see him in one of those jeans ads.

April 22, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  54. Anthony

Its pretty obvious who is going to be in the Final two. It's going to be Bowersox and Lee. And chances are Bowersox is going to win this year. All the others are just buying their time.

April 22, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  55. Michael

I think it may have finally been the right time for Tim to leave. Although he wasn't the best singer, he was certainly optimistic and brought a fun vibe to the group. Looking forward, I think Aaron and Michael are in trouble. Is a Crystal-Lee-Casey showdown at the end inevitable? http://thesmogger.com/2010/04/22/idol-hangover-the-six-survivors/

April 22, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  56. KC

Agree that this is the worst season ever! I honestly would not buy any of their CD's. I also think the way the weeks are set up so contestants must choose a song from a style they have no interest in is just asinine. Especially when the judges chime in "this just isn't your style, dawg..." well, duh! Let the contestants sings songs that would be on their CD's and let the voters choose who they want to hear. I also agree that Ellen is worthless on this show – she is awesome at many things, but it was a bad choice to have her on the show – she just does not bring enough comedy to merit her spot. ...And someone needs to tell Siobhan to start enunciating more clearly. She would actually have a decent chance if she wouldn't sing through her nose so much and if she'd actually close off her words. No superstars this year folks. (Maybe the bar was set too high by Lambert?)

April 22, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  57. Brian

Love Crystal and Siobahn but Siobahn needs to figure it out quick!

April 22, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  58. Will

FINALLY...Idol is right, again. (How this dolt even made it to the top 50, I haven't a rat's.)

April 22, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  59. On With The Show

With the exception of Simon, I say vote the friggin judges off. I would like to see Debbie Allen (FAME) and others of that ilk come and take the place of Randy (DAWG), Ellen (You look nice tonight) and Kara (The body). How about Marlon Jackson too? Cyndi Lauper? Hello?

April 22, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  60. Scott

AM According to Me
    Cara is definitely a minus on this show.
    Ellen started out great when she arrived several weeks ago, giving some good common sense reviews and was really funny. She has since gone into a stuper and is no longer earning the money she's making. She looks depressed. Maybe the vibes behind the scenes are getting bad.
    Other than Crystal, the only singer I actually enjoyed listening to this week was Tim. Even so, all the contestants were better than most of the stars they had on Wednesday night. To win:
    Shiabon needs to go back to rock; Lee needs to get a brain and a personality; Crystal needs to continue doing what she did this Tuesday.

April 22, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  61. Terri

I think the comments from the "expert" judges have been very confusing to the contestants this season, especially Kara's. She tells people to change it up, then they do and she asks them why they aren't being true to themselves as an artist. I'm confused and I'm just watching from home. It must be frustrating for the kids. They should just listen to Simon and ignore all others. In the end, he is usually right. The show won't be the same without him.

I think the final two will be Lee and Crystal. Lee reminds me of David Cook, past AI winner. I think Casey could be a huge hit in country music with his looks and voice. I think Siobhan is highly overrated – I can't stand her screaming all the time and her recent song choices have been bad. I agree with someone's earlier comment – Disney should sign up Tim Urban – he would be perfect on the channel, which my 7 yr old watches all the time so therefore I watch it!

I thought last night's show was really boring and unemotional. Maybe I'm just tired of watching it year after year but it seems like the entertainment is always the same: Annie Lennox, Carrie Underwood (why does she pump her hand on the mic all time time – it is very distracting), the Black Eyed Peas. It sounded like several acts weren't in sync to the music like Alicia Keyes and BEPs. I also thought Elton John didn't sound very good – kind of "pitchy", right Randy? Oh well, it is almost over. Expect next season to be worse.

April 22, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  62. Mozbink

I wouldnt know who was voted out. About 15 minutes into the show I changed the channel and I will not be watch American Idol anymore. Showing a dying women suffering in prime time TV, on a family show is tasteless. Instead of driving me to pick up the phone and make a donation it drove me to drop the show entirely. I will never ever watch it again.

April 22, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. Bud

So how about that National Debt issue? Oh.......guess that's not as important as this silly talent show.

April 22, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  64. On With The Show

I think Lee and Crystal will be the final two. Crystal deserves the win.

April 22, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  65. TWR2422

Next-Big Mike- can't sing that well and toooooo much attention to his personal life. Then Shibon (sp) – all over the place....Then Casey-One trick pony..sounds the same week after week....Then Aaron. I think he has a good voice with a good range but he just needs more experience. I see him going country. Top two should be Lee and Crystal and she will win. Can we end this show already? Such a boring season and if this is all they can find across America then the show should call it a day!!!

April 22, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  66. Kim

Siobhan reminds me of a wookie when she sings. Mouth opens wide and some pitchy howl comes out.

April 22, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  67. Lily

I had started the season just cringing when Tim came on, but am now very disappointed to see him go. He has excelled and that is half of the show. Aaron is one that I would prefer to see leave. I know he has a good voice, but he is not changing anything, and come on, those hip thrust things are just disturbing. The two ladies seem to have the best actual voices in way of range and how they handle them. But I agree with many on here, this season is lacking. Although Ryan Seacreast seems to have gotten goofier and it's quite fun.

April 22, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  68. FatCat81

Lee DeWyze is going to win this whole thing. I wish they had to send 2 more to the house and it should have been Casey and Siobhan. Tim is still growing as a singer and getting better every week just like Katie was before she got the boot last week. Casey and Siobhan have both peaked and are now declining and stuck in neutral. Big Mike is also getting a pass somehow and dont know how. They should have kept their save and used it for Katie last week and let Big Mike go to the house. Final 3 will be Aaron, Lee and Bowersox.

April 22, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  69. ross

ELLEN SUCKS soooooo BAD

April 22, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  70. Scottie

I DON'T GET IT! Why are there people still on this post saying how bad AI is this year? If you don't like it, stop watching and stop posting your moot comments!

And if you still feel the need to watch just to be able to say that you hate the show, then you really should re-listen to Crystal. She just may bring music back from bubble-gum pop garbage to real, honest to goodness music! Original, sincere, real, and a great story! The greatest musical talents had those qualities.

April 22, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  71. Donna

I actually do not get Siobhan. She's all over the place in style and there's never a commercial sound to be heard. She has no sense of arranging music in a way that works. At this point contestants are showing us if they have the ability to choose songs the public wants to hear. I'd say no, in her case.

April 22, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  72. svscnn

The thing about Tim is that he has a very distinctively "teenage sounding" vocal style. Super-clean annunciation and very "innocent."

When he picks the right song (last 3 weeks) it totally works for him. When he doesn't... well it just doesn't work at all.

That said, I could actually see him in a teenage-target band. You know, the type where the singer is desperately trying to sound like a kid, despite being in his mid-20's – like a Blink182 or Sum41 – but a bit less edgy.

April 22, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  73. myself

Casey is ok but not that great! He does the same thing every week and he isnt interesting to watch!

April 22, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  74. kitty

i dont think crystal shou.ld win because she easily give uo and want go home, cry like a baby childish. come on crystal,be grown up as adult. come on, casey james. work little harder to win. let mike go home.

April 22, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  75. Alex

After last season this one has really been boring. IMO everyone should be sent home. AI has run its course!

April 22, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  76. Karen

Tim should have gone home a long time ago. This season is just boring.....compared to last season with Adam no one even comes close to putting on a show. Krystal is the best of them all and if she doesnt win then this show has run its course and we need to MOVE ON.....I like Casey but he just stands there....BORING..... I like Lee but he just stands there.....BORING.....cmon people we want to see a show. No one is going to buy a ticket to a show to see you just stand there and sing a song.......get some moves boys.

April 22, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  77. Dave

Wake up, America? The only contestant I'd spend any money to see is Casey. The others are just OK, but boring. The way people are voting will probably get Casey the same fate as Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson and Clay Aiken. Talent is taking a back seat at AI. And the judges!!!
    According to them, everybody except Crystal needs to "find themselves". This years "advice" (what's the word I'm looking for here) ....... STINKS! Here's the best advice for the contestants: The judges can't be pleased, so forget about them and do YOUR thing. This year it's like if the judges can't be critical, they can't justify their existence.

April 22, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  78. Sheldon

The Black eyed peas were singing the WORST SONG EVER, how could they sound anything but bad.

April 22, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  79. emandm

Nobodyb talks about last night show...... It was emotional...kind of sad, strong images, but I beleieve well done to make aware specially to kids that whatch AI.....Whats going on in the REAL world.... Great that they mixed it up with good comedy..George Lopez very good !!!!, Elton John..superb....
    As per the contestants once again the REAL one is Siobahn, Crystal is very good, but no need for those tears, and AI to edit the ending...ITS NOT fair for the other contestants...

April 22, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  80. idolflfan

What a shame that we have become such a hardened and cynical population that we can't allow a young mom to shed honest tears and show a little emotion without doubting her sincerity. Shame on all of you for doubting Crystal's genuineness.

April 22, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  81. myself

As long as Crystal and Lee are there for the finals I don't care what happens!

April 22, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  82. margaret smith

Good riddance to Tim. I could never understand why he was even considered to be in the top 24.

April 22, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  83. EB

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here-has NO ONE noticed that Siobahn is under pitch more than she is on pitch?! The girl is TONE DEAF. Completely! It's absolutely painful.

April 22, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  84. hillary

should have sent mike lynch home, because he has black skin.

April 22, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  85. Ann

Tim is just OK. This has nothing to do with his singing but his hair is really dorky looking...if he changed his looks a bit he might have been saved with more girl votes. Casey is going to be OK (even though he won't win) because he is hot!

April 22, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  86. Union Tom

American what? Zzzzzzzz

April 22, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  87. tina

Scottie, you are right on about Stairway to Heaven. I'm shocked that anyone would even TRY to do the classic Led Zeppelin song!

Crystal is still my fave. and I love Lee as well. I have watched the show since its first season. At the beginning of his season I was so disappointed in the lack of talent, but I do think that some of them, Tim included, have grown as singers. Felt the same about Katie.

I hope Crystal wins but as we know, you don't have to win AI to sell records!

The person who said that someone needs to tell Crystal that loud doesn't equal good apparently has no ear for "good."

April 22, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  88. Henry

I watched the show on my dvr and it cut off because the show ran overtime...oh well, at least i finally found out what happened. And I am not surprised.

April 22, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  89. dorothy

fat boy Mike needs to go and I do not know why the judges saved him.

April 22, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  90. Anthony

Ellen Degenerate needs to go more than Kara D. Are you kidding me. Ellen is not only not funny but she can barely make a statement without stepping all over her tounge. I don't recall her making it through a show using complete sentences that were able to be understood. At least Paula was on meds. Ellen is just awful. No wonder Simon can't stand the sound of her voice, duh...

April 22, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  91. GEO

Not one of this people can sing, compared to singers in the past. Watched the show's twice this year and still think none are any good and don't think the two new ladies judges have a clue. But remember its all about ratings, the best singer the show ever had last year didn't even win.

April 22, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  92. JoeKnowsBest

THANK GOD that none talented Karokee dork TIM is gone!

Crystal if you don't win Boulder, CO can use a guitarist.

LEE, you sound original and I can hear you on the radio.

Siobahn, I used to like you but your have become so annoying; the way speak is like you're drunk or something and therefore you're not an idol for me.

Casey, get some personality, you're too STIFF!

Big mike, sorry but its time to go back to the gym.

Aaron – Aaron who?

KARA – boring, SIMON – the same, Randy – white guy trapped in a black guys body DOG, Ellen – since you like women, I like you :)

April 22, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  93. JS

I'd pay $1000 per ticket to see Siobhan in concert!

April 22, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  94. Scotty Patrick

The only true talent this season is Krystal. That girl rocks! Talk about pure talent, WOW!!!! I'd pay $100 + for a ticket to her first concert!

April 22, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  95. Jeff

Get rid of the sucky lip-synced group sing. They can't lip-sync properly, they're laughing and giggling in the mics and you hear a perfect in-tune vocals without the laughter? Let's hear them how they really are....

April 22, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  96. JP

I am sure Tim would not have won but we have now lost one of the most interesting parts of show. He was growing each week and learning how to choose songs that fit his voice. I will miss him and his smile.

Now about Kara, I want Paula back. They should go and offer her 20 million to come back and save this sinking ship. I think with Simon and Paula gone Idol is taking its last breath. If they let Simon go and don't try to get Paula back I think its a big mistake. Have you noticed that once Paula was gone and Simon no longer cared because he is leaving that the selected "talent" leave much to be desired. I love Idol but I think it may have run its course.

April 22, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  97. Craig

Good, he sucked last night, but to be fair there are very few with any talent this year....

April 22, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  98. lainie

Crystal is the obvious BEST!! I liked Casey also but Crystal is Idol material; Casey is not. Tim should have gone weeks ago.

April 22, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  99. Andrew

The people who are upset about Tim leaving have no idea what they're listening to – these are the same people who audition and think they sound SO good while they butcher "Amazing Grace."

This season has been bleak since the top 24 was announced. It never had a chance. Simon is right to get off the sinking ship. It's just a shame that Krystal is associated with such an awful year because she actually is that good. She is also the only contestant that I can imagine writing her own songs (which is what an "artist" is, not someone who just sings other people's songs).

April 22, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  100. Jay

Everyone needs to calm down. American decides the voting. Producers decide the judges. Pretty much how it goes.

I'm sure Ellen is still drawing in more viewers regardless of what knowledge she knows of the industry. And for everyone who criticizes her, I'm sure you'd be defending yourself if you were selected as a judge since obviously you know it all.

As for who's the best and worse, everyone has good days and bad days. Good genres and bad genres. At the end of the day, we hope they have lived, learned, and grown, but the production label is going to have them record a certain style and so it be.

I am there for the ride, but necessarily who wins or loses...iTunes gets my money at the end of the day, so I believe they win.

April 22, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  101. Tommy

Hopefully, Lee will win. Just like "losing" last season was the best thing for Adam Lambert, Crystal's career would benefit from not being tied to the AI winner's contract. All Crystal needed from AI was the exposure and if she left next week, she'd still have a great career. I can't say the same for Lee, who could use the boost.

April 22, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  102. Greg

I think Alex Lambert would have really made the show much more interesting this year. Too bad voters screwed that one up.

April 22, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  103. nickstylz

Phillyexp has no soul. get with the times. mary j blige is a SOUL singer, lead guitar was awesome and travis barker killed the drums. get a grip dude. this isnt the 60s or 70s anymore.

April 22, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  104. lollie

Worst screaming so called singing and playing that I have ever seen.What a boring show last night.
    Fat Mike should have been voted off.

April 22, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  105. sooz

Tim has very little singing talent. I thought he should have gone home about 6 or 7 weeks ago! Or maybe they shouldn't have called him back to the show in the first place. He's bad... I mean really bad. Crystal and Lee will be the top 2 (in that order). Now that Tim is gone, I feel I can actually watch AI without cringing.

April 22, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  106. rick stewart

Give it to Mama sox and then we dont have to listen to that idiot seacrest anymore

April 22, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  107. Jana

It's about time "TUrban" finally got voted offf. Can anybody disagree with me that the final 2 will definitely be Crystal & Lee? I don't think so! And of course Crystal will be the winner. She's the one that's got the most talent.

April 22, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  108. rick stewart

Please get rid of that over rated windbag Mike,Big in everything but singing

April 22, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  109. Mary

Glad he finally went home. Have loved Bowersox and Lee from the beginning. Haven't changed. It should be between those two.

April 22, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  110. Kathy

It just irritates me to no end when they have the kids doing Elvis, or McCartney/Lennon songs and tell them to be current. HELLO! the songs you are wanting them to do are ages and ages old! They aren't allowed to do their own original work (if they have it) so let them strictly do current stuff or get off their backs about the current crap. As long as they sing a song and sound good doing it – that's what matters. Andrew had a great voice and sounded good – I think it was the judges negative criticism of him that got him booted off.

Then there is that whole http://www.votefortheworst.com thing ..... that really ruins it for the good singers.

April 22, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  111. gs

casey is most certainly not talented. like, not even a little. let's not lower our standards now

April 22, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  112. Linda B., Ga.

I was actually surprised that anybody was voted off, if I recall in years past, the night that Idol does the IDOL GIVES shows ALL of the performers were given a "free" ticket, to the following week. Oh well IF one of them had to go, Tim was the right one. I'm waiting for Aaron to knock their socks off, he's very talented for such a young man. Momma Sox will win this year, or so I think.....

April 22, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  113. pm

Tim didn't deserve to go home, he has been growing and i still think he is a great singer. Honestly i would really appreciate it if Siobhan went home. She stinks.

April 22, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  114. MC

Oh, and how come that original contestant was kicked off for a rule violation (which is how Tim got on the show in the first place) but when Big Mike's dad broke the signed confidentiality agreement and talked to a radio station about his son making top 24, nothing was done? Big Mike should have gone home two weeks ago when America voted him off. This show has become a shadow of what it once was.

April 22, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  115. Debra

Mike needs to go! Lee is the best to win! Crystals crocodile tears..boo hoo. Last two should be Siobhan and Lee.....

April 22, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  116. DMZ

Is this dumb show still on TV? What, maybe 200 viewers who care!

April 22, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  117. MC

Please just put us all out of our misery and send Casey, Aaron, Siobhan and Big Mike home. It's clear none of them will win so please stop subjecting us to their off-key, boring warbling. Please.

April 22, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  118. Stina

Casey...top three? You have got to be kidding! Simon was right a few weeks ago when he said Casey is like an 80's cover band. I can totally see him touring the State Fairs and local festivals! I think we should just get down to the top two and get it over with Krystal and Lee....really some of you think Mike or Siobhan could win? Come on! Tim leaving is kind of sad I guess, but it was going to happen...he could not have won so leaving now or leaving next week...does it really matter? Good luck to him though, I think he does actually sing A LOT better then many of the "tween" pop stars currently....I mean at least he doesn't sing through his nose like most of them.

April 22, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  119. Mindy

I am a huge idol fan but so let down this year. The talent is mediocre at best. I honestly looked forward to Tim probably more than anyone because he really was the most fun to watch. He definitely wasn't the best contestant but made the show at least someone enjoyable this season.

As for the comment on Stairway to Heaven being horrible and weak vocal...stupidest comment I've ever heard. Weak is NEVER a word to describe Mary J Blige. She is one of the best female artists ever!

April 22, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  120. sloan

Suzanne, are you in the music business? Let's not criticize Ellen for not being able to judge because she is not in the music business. That is way over rated. You and I are not in the industry, yet we vote contestants on or off.
    As for Tim, sorry to see him go this week, he was growing and a few others are stagnating.

April 22, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  121. millie

Nancy knows who Bobby Sherman is? Tim seems like a very nice guy.Big Sam is still around and round and round.

April 22, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  122. JC

Casey or Aaron were the worst on Tuesday. But the show is about fan bases, not how people perform week-to-week. There was a good point made earlier – with Tim gone, so goes some of the entertainment. You didn't know if the judges were going to trash him or if he would actually give a good performance. Him being gone will make a boring season a little more boring.

April 22, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  123. Steve

Aaron needs to go home – he is too young and he looks like he is on the verge of tears everytime someone is talking to him. Also, he can't sing! He is much worse than Tim or DeeDee Benami. He should have gone a long time ago – it is embarassing to see him almost cry every week.

April 22, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  124. Scottie

Thank God and Praise the Lord! Teflon Tim can't sing, but wait! There's more! I have no doubt he'll be on the Disney Channel in some sort of dramatic tween show! All you Urbanites out there will still get your dose of T.Urban! Darn shame too.

And it should be forbidden for anyone but Led Zeppelin to do "Stairway to Heaven".

April 22, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  125. Buster

I'll tell u whats behind idols ratings drop
    2 words – Ellen Degeneres
    What the heck does that woman know about music???!!!!
    i actually cringe when im about 2 hear one of her retarded comments.

she has a hot chick tho....
    kudos to her for that...

April 22, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  126. Laurie

Lee is the best and should be the winner.

April 22, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  127. Mary

Finally Tim is gone – Aaron needs to go next. This has been the worst season of Idol ever. The only ones with any real talent are Siobhan, Crystal and Lee!!

April 22, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  128. Phillyexp

My God. First I have to say that was the worst rendition of “Stairway” I’ve ever heard in my life. Horrible just horrible. I can’t believe anyone thinks that was good. The singing was weak, and the guitar playing was High School!!! Yeeecchhh. OK now I got that off my chest.

It was predictable that Tim would go and he handled it well with his hands upraised. Good for him. You gotta like that kid. My problem is why Fat Mike is still there or at least not in the Bottom 3. Casey was just OK Tuesday but he’s been better than Mike the whole time. Really can’t wait to see the Fat-man voted off. He’s so tiresome with his God-awful act. Unfortunately I’m betting that the young kid will be next to go.

April 22, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  129. show dog mom

Truthi: I agree. I don't get Mike or his voice, either! I almost hurled when he picked up yet another person tuesday night. NO ONE LIKES THAT!! He should keep his hands off, and GO HOME SOON!! Ditto for Crystal! Crocodile tears for sure! She is cold as ice and has all the personal appeal of a scorpion! Send her home to her kid! PUHLEEZZZZE! She expects to win – America: show her loud doesn't = good!
    I think Lee and little Aaron have shown the most growth this season......

April 22, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  130. lori Helmlinger

Totally agree wiith the Kara non-fans. She is useless as a judge and tries to hard for attention.

April 22, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  131. Joey

I though it was Degeneres. It would have been good riddance.

April 22, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  132. kb

I wouldn't pay a $1 to see any one of them. What a dismal season and I have to say that its because these are the folks the judges picked to be in the finals. Kara annoys me to no end and Ryan is totally out of control.

April 22, 2010 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  133. Truthi

i think Idol gave a lot to Tim and it was his time to go. Good for him and good for Idol. i hope Mike goes next...i just don't get him or his voice...sometimes less is more...?!

April 22, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  134. Kristy

Crystal killed me with the tears this week. They really seemed fake and made me and my fiance roll our eyes. I like Lee anyway. He's the only one whose cd i will purchase. He sings the songs I like and I love that rough voice. :)

April 22, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  135. Scott

Gooooood riddance!

April 22, 2010 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  136. tony

O.K It is with great embarrassment that I state that I am 38 and pretty much get my *alls taken away on Tuesday night for an hour (I still get to push the buttons on the remote!) . Also, fortunately for me, we watch it recorded an hour behind, so I get to FF through the 'fluff.' That being said, IMHO, it is down to two, Lee and Crystal.... PLEASE!!! Just let us see the final two! BTW My next New Year resolution,,,, I'm not going to let her make me watch this show.

April 22, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  137. anna

this is the worst season ever thanks to the judges,crystal and lee are the best of the picks in that order,kara needs to do something with that hair.. love ellen's humor gets me thru the show

April 22, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  138. GG

This season sucks and is totally boring. The only thing that keeps me watching the show is Lee...he totally rocks and can really sing. Go Lee!!!! Kara please shut your mouth because you are so stupid.

April 22, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  139. jill

Hugh01, to each their own, if you admire casey for his hot bod, more power to you. Rock on Casey..

April 22, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  140. Wildflower

Tim's song was the BEST inspirational song last night. I guess the Judges don't like Christian songs. Tim's a strong Christian . . . prayes before every performance that he can bring something to everyone that there is hope and second chances from God.

None of the rest have that inspiration so I won't watch AM anymore. I'll be buying Tim's Christian CD coming out soon. AM is boring now.

April 22, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  141. Brandi

I am sad to see Tim go. Arron and Siobhan should should be cut soon. She can sing but Lee and Crystal are tons better. I am about fed up with all of the sound issues Idol is having though. The Black Eyed Peas sounded terrible cause of it. Anyway, GO LEE!!!

April 22, 2010 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  142. Jeff P

Personally I thought Tim sang better last night than a couple of tonights professional singers.

April 22, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  143. Call Crystal the winner and PLEASE end the season NOW

PLEASE, this season SUCKS big-time. We know Crystal is going to win (or she had better) and everyone else is just going along for the ride. The contestants are mostly lame, the judges look like they don't want to be there, and the show is boring and tough to watch at times. This is definitely the worst season overall.

April 22, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  144. Hugh01

What about middle-aged men? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Go Casey.

April 21, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  145. jill

I don't see Casey going anywhere. He is the young hottie with the body and all of us middle-aged gals just adore that smile. Go
    Casey....................

April 21, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Paul Todd

Thank God. I know the young man can sing but he has absolutely no star facto, nothing that stands out and say buy my album perchase concert tickets.He will probably end up singing backup vocals in television jingles for MacDonalds. What ever possesed the judges to put him in this contest eludes me. What were they thinking.

April 21, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Suzanne

I was not surprised to see Tim go home. Next it should be big Mike. He would do a wonderful job on a cruise ship. But the real person who should be leaving is Ellen. I love her ,and her talk show, but on Idol she is pretty much worthless. All she ever says is,"not a good song choice" or "good song choice" She cannot critize anyone because she is NOT in the music industry. She follows everything that Randy Jackson says, just like a puppet. Ellen please keep your day job!!!.

April 21, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  148. katie

There should have been NO SAVE, the audiences
    voted tiny Mike off and he shouldn't have been saved at all.

April 21, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Siavm

They finally got it right. This is a good day. Idol gives back and tim gone, "oh happy day".

April 21, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Hugh01

FINALLY!! Bye Bye TUrban .. back to flippin' burgers, pitchy ones.

April 21, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Chipp

Be he good or bad, I always looked forward each week to seeing Tim's performance and 'you know,' (i've included the 'YOU KNOW' phrase for a reason), no matter my mood, I always caught myself catching his infectious smile which hung around long after his performances. I've watched a few of his idol interview vids; at least Tim can talk fairly fluently w/o having to constantly say, "YOU KNOW," twenty plus times in a three min interview as one 'three note' male contestant still in the running has a habbit of doing. I can't see Idol wanting to be represented by any one individual who can't be interviewed w/o saying, "you know", repeatedly..you know?

April 21, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  152. .........

he should have never made it this far..... i dont care if he grew.... he was def the worst.... nd should have never even made it to the top 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 21, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Alan Wallace

I thin the bottom three was a good choice, Casey is a very talented musician but nothing amazing one of the better guitar players they have had on. I think the last three are Mamasox, Lee and Siobhan and Crystal is the clear front runner. Will she be another Adam Lambert though?

April 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  154. K Mae

KARA NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!! SHE IS BORING AND DOESNT KNOW WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT.

TOP 3 WILL BE

CRYSTAL
    LEE
    SIOBAHN (ALLTHOUGH, I DONT' THING SHE IS THAT GOOD)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT THERE IS ALWAYS A TWIST, I CAN SEE CRYSTAL GOING HOME BECAUSE NO ONE VOTES FOR HER THINKING SHE WONT GO, JUST LIKE CHRIS DAUGHTRY.

April 21, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Disapplica

I am glad that Tim got voted off AI. That means I don't have to watch this waste of timer anymore. I feel like a complete jerk for spending so much time on this stupid show, and I won't be tuning in again, now that Tim has left.

April 21, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  156. petalumagirl

I TOTALLY agree with the Kara comment. She is lame, lame! Everytime she opens here mouth it drives me crazy! Tim was cute, but surprised that Aaron is still sticking around??

April 21, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  157. kishore

glendora72: Big Mike? No way!!!!!!!! Dude is all brawn and no ...vocals.

April 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  158. ann groff

I've felt all along that Cara is a huge minus as a judge. She has ruined several of the contestant's styles by always wanting them to change what is sometimes their best asset. She needs to leave people alone and she needs to be off the show.

April 21, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  159. glendora72

I screamed with joy over Tim's having to go home. I'm sorry, but he just can't, can't, can't sing!! It's going to come down to Krystal, Sibon (sp) and Big Mike, and i'd hate to have to choose between the three.

April 21, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  160. kishore

They all should go home. Except Krystal.

April 21, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Nancy

Casey James? No way, he should be in the Top 3.

The Bobby Sherman lookalike is finally gone – he should have been gone weeks ago!

April 21, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  162. mozart4898

It's actually quite a downer to see Tim leave. Yes, he may have been the weakest singer left in the bunch but he did have a number of other things going for him – not the least of which was what seemed like actual personality, and also some understanding of what sort of songs to pick to suit him. A couple of these contestants seem like they'd make as good of song choices if they threw a dart at the list. For those who wanted to see somone grow during the season, that's just what Tim was doing. Wasn't gonna win but still kinda depressing to see him go.

April 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  163. judi

Casey should have gone, he looks like he just wants to play his guitar in the local bar.

April 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  164. mushymushroom

I guess the ratings of Idol will be down next week...Or not.. LoL

Well, I guess now that Tim has been sent home, teh line up get a little more boring...I mean, no one to pick on now...LoL

Tim, you are good looking and talneted, but maybe winning Idol isn't for you...maybe stardom is...or not...LoL

All the best for you young man...

April 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |