April 21st, 2010

'Idol Gives Back' lots of hope

testing captions
testing captions

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

10:21 p.m. -We are back to the bottom three, though it's been so long I almost forgot it was Casey, Aaron and Tim.

First to be declared safe is...Aaron.

That leaves us with Casey and Tim and the person going home is:

TIM URBAN!

I never thought I'd see this day.

10:09 p.m. - I was wondering when we would get to Sir Elton John.

Queen Latifah goes crazy over him and he sings "Your Song." Love his big red piano and the footage playing behind him.

Classic clip: Morgan Freeman attempting to work a hula hoop!

10:01 p.m. - Simon Cowell is in Arizona. He hangs out with "Dr. John" who offers health care via a mobile unit.

I tear up again when the little kids hold up the "thank you Idol" signs. Simon announces that since the show has been on air, they have raised $15 million.

Awesomeness.

9:57 p.m. -Mary J. Blige and the All-Star Band perform "Stairway to Heaven."

I like Mary J., but she could have ditched the huge sunglasses. I'm sure it's not that bright on stage.

Cool to see Randy Jackson up there playing. I love Travis Barker on the drums any time I can get it and Orianthi is the truth on the electric guitar.

They are jamming!

9:42 p.m. – I need more warning when we are going to shift into footage of a 7-year-old African girl sick with AIDS.

As my friend (and fellow blogger) Sarah pointed out, it's hard to keep your footing with "Idol Gives Back" when one minute you are grooving to a performance, the next you are struck by pitiful images and then you are back to the results.

Powerful video package with and performance by Annie Lenox. Pity she missed coming over because of the volcanic ash.

9:34 p.m. -David Cook takes us to Ethiopia and he really connects with the young girls at a local school who have some rough backgrounds.  Great to see him singing to them and getting choked up over how they deserve a chance.

This year's "Idol Gives Back" is covering a lot of bases of need.

9:32 p.m. -We continue on with results and Siobhan Magnus, "Big Mike" Lynche and Tim Urban are called to the center of the stage.

Siobhan is safe and that leaves Mike and Tim. After a few tense seconds Mike is safe!

So Tim rounds out our bottom three. Yeah, we've been here before.

9:25 p.m.- Hello Bill and Melinda Gates.

I add you both to the list of "just about everyone and their mama" who are popping up tonight.

Wanda Sykes shows up to do some stand up. She's killing the judges and gets some good material in about how the show makes the departing contestants sing. I never got that either.

9:16 p.m. – Ellen DeGeneres and actor David Arquette are off to help feed people in California.

So poignant that they feature a family where the dad is a math teacher. Great to focus on struggling, working-class families.

Seacrest lets us know that the show will run late tonight.

9:10 p.m. – Ok, "Idol Gives Back" has officially gone off the rails for me.

They actually had Nadya "Octomom" Suleman and some kids in the continuing bit about the celebrity phone bank. Wow. Really?

Good to see Slash and Jim Carey playing along. Carrie Underwood hits the stage and she is just about the best star that has ever come out of this show.  She, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry are just a few of the former "Idol" contestants who always deliver a great performance.

Carrie is giving 36 cents of her ticket sales to Save the Children. That's nice.

9:00 p.m. - Yay Alicia Keys! She sings "Unthinkable" and I notice that she is looking a tad bit thicker than before. Uh, uh, I can only imagine the comments that are going to be flying about that.

When she launches into "Empire State of Mind" I am so hoping Jay Z pops up, but he doesn't.

Oh well.

8:54 p.m. – WTH is Morgan Freeman doing on "Idol?"

Wow, they have really pulled out all the stops. Mr. Freeman (can't bring myself to call him "Morgan") and Randy Jackson spent some time in a poverty stricken community in Mr. Freeman's home state of Mississippi.

The mother of the family they meet is shocked to see Morgan Freeman too! She even starts crying.

Love this literacy program and the focus on exercise to battle childhood obesity. There is wonderful work being done out there.

8:45p.m. - Joss Stone sings the mess out of "I Put A Spell On You."

For a young British chick, she's got an old soul. I enjoyed her and Jeff Beck's performance. And since it ain't a big "Idol" production without a choir, there is one.

Then we are back to the touching footage. I can't take the African orphan babies. Stop making me cry "Idol!"

8:42 p.m. – All jokes aside, we now have some results info.

Crystal Bowersox and Casey James are asked to come to the center of the stage. Neither has been in the bottom three before, but one of them is in the bottom this week.

No shocker here, Casey is in the bottom three.

Next up are Aaron Kelly and Lee Dewyze. Can you guess who is safe here?

Yes, Lee is safe and Aaron heads to join Casey in the bottom three.

8:34 p.m. - George Lopez is so crazy!

The joke is he "won" the opportunity to host "Idol" through an auction for "Idol Gives Back" and he cracks jokes on Danny Gokey's eyesight and Seacrests height.

He decides to "judge the judges" and Kara looks confused. Randy gets teased for saying "pitchy" and "dawg" too much but he gets to stay because he's "the only brother on the show."

Funny jokes about Kara (who he calls "Karla") and her penchant for the cute guys on the show. She's safe as is Ellen DeGeneres whose also looks like she's not as amused.

Ouch! Did Lopez really ask Simon Cowell "saline or silicone?" They are really trying to fill some time here.

8:27 p.m. – Seacrest went to Kenya to see first hand the ravages of malaria.

Queen Latifa warned that the footage would be hard to watch and she was so correct. Watching the young pregnant woman in Uganda dying and seeing that family's grief was rough. All because of a mosquito bite which resulted in malaria.

So sad.

8:22 p.m. – Wow. I like the Black Eyed Peas so much better when they are not performing live.

Their "Rock That Body" sounds way better over the ear buds than it does tonight. And what is up with the robot clad back up dancers? They scare me.

The folks at the Pasadena location look like they are jamming though. Maybe they are entranced with Fergie's Beyonce style costume?

And there are rapper Common and actor Todd Bridges in the audience. Who isn't at this thing tonight?

8:18 p.m. - Capt. Sully is back!

He was in the audience last night. Nice tie Capt. Sully.

We get into the silly overdrive with a bit from comic Russell Brand and comedic actor Jonah Hill who allegedly arranged a celebrity phone bank to answer the "Idol Gives Back" contribution calls. Of course no one is there.

It's business as usual for the Top 17 who are over in those dreaded seats awaiting their fate. Seems cruel to make them wait for two hours.

8:04 p.m. - Nice to see that Simon dressed for the occasion and ditched that black t-shirt.

We get a glimpse of co-host, Queen Latifa, over at the Pasadena location and she keeps the crowd amped up. Oh Lord, that means Seacrest is going to feel compelled to boost his energy also. This should be interesting.

The Top 12 are back, dressed angelically in all white. They are "Keeping the Dream Alive." Very nice.

8:09 p.m. - I'm a big old crybaby and I can already tell that tonight is going to work me over big time.

Just a few minutes into actress Jennifer Garner visiting a poor family of six in rural America and I am touched. Jen is totally moved visiting the local elementary school. I heart me some Mrs. Affleck.

Victoria Beckham is back to share what she has learned visiting Kentucky along with two young people who have benefited  from a program for disadvantaged youth. How exciting if must be for them to be on stage in front of millions of "Idol" viewers.

They actually look more relaxed than the former Spice Girl.

1. Joshua Weikel

Way to go Idol yet again. Oh yeah, just extend the show without warning. Oh, I'm sorry, there was warning, half way through the show!!! This does not help people who have to work while the show is live and have to DVR it. I leave some leaway at the end...but an extra half hour? Ridiculous. This show just has me so furstrated this year.

April 23, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. michele

i really do think she is getting treated unfairly.......Simon makes fun of her butterflies........meanwhile cyrstal brings in her own lampy,carpet and has that weird hairdo...(geez Simon YOU have said many times yourself this isn't a fashion show...then why are you making fun of sioban???

Sioban has a wide variety of vocals........she is not the only one on this planet that is pitchy or screams.........look at whitney houston..........she screams.....there's more just can't think right now....lol....

the judges keep cristising sioban for not finding herself............how can she when they make fun of everything she tries to do...sioban doesn't seem to be afraid to take risks...imo...Crystal and Casey to me are one trick ponies that stand there...terrifed to take risks....

i'm a fan of Mike...but i just wanted to voice how i think its unfair of how Sioban is been treated....the more I think about this....I think sioban should win this thing.....so all you Sioban fans vote really hard for her....even tho I'm a Mike fan....I know sounds confusing.....its ok I confused myself

oh and one more thing.......I'm not saying she is bad....but....Crystal needs to go home....she was ready to walk out....they focus alot of attention on her....IMO...you know what...Mike missed the birth of his first baby......andrew was a Father...they held their own .......IMO..Crystal just seems to have to much baggage right now to become a winner......Sioban is trying hard to deal with the judges and find herself for them and us and has no baggage.....but is being harrassed each week by the judges...I don't get it.....

April 22, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. AIdol10

Wow. Thank you for saving me 2 1/2 hours of my life. I love your blog as I never watch Wednesday nights.

April 22, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tinklabella

@ Show Dog Mom: You're so incredibly rude and vulgar, and I truly hope Crystal never reads your comment. It was undeserved, and, actually, a total lie! Crystal BOWERsox is a classy woman. She's got her own style and is very modest with what she wears on "AI". (Kara could take a hint.) She's classy, polite and modest, and for those reasons, she's already an Idol in my eyes.
    @ Becky: You go, girl!

April 22, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. millie

Is Mike from Kenya?

April 22, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Becky

Show dog mom that was very rude what you said about Crystal! It does not matter how you look you can do anything and go far if you try and have the talent, which she does. Your name must match you in the dog form.

April 22, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. show dog mom

Sorry, I think it's just bad form to make the "go-home" person suffer until 10:20 to learn his fate! Talk about a booooring 2+ hours!!!!
    Do they realize how late it is on the East Coast?

I'm just waiting for the day when they send Crystal Dirtysox packing! Same old-same-old every week...folk songs! PLEEEEASE she's loud and immensely unattractive! Actually looks preggers again! Woo hoo!!

April 22, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. Richard

This was the worse AI Gives Back. The professionals were flat, pitchy and it was a bad show. BEP were the worse I have ever seen them. Mary J was so pitchy Randy should have stopped playing and talked to his dawg and it just didn't work for me!

April 22, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. d

I couldn't wait for this day! Finally! Wish the boy luck though. And, uhm sorry for those who only recorded 2 hrs. tonight–they missed the end.

April 22, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. GH

Anyone doing the Math? Simon proudly announces that close to $15 million has been donated "so far" w/ 30 min. left in the show... although the lines may still be open afterwards. And we're to be impressed when almost 20 million watch the show every week.

And Carrie Underwood is giving 36 cents of her ticket sales to Save the Children. 36 cents on the dollar. 36? 50 would have gotten a "whoa, awesome" from me.

And wouldnt it have been really really cool if the 4 judges stood up w/ a $1,000,000 check of their own, their OWN donation, instead of photo-ops and a "sales pitch"? Ok, a bit cynical... but you totally know what Im talking about.

April 22, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lynne

Next to go.....Casey, followed by Aaron, Mike, Siobhan, then Crystal.

Our next American Idol......Lee!

April 21, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rj

Is so sad that a country as mighty as the United-States is asking for donations so that books can be bought for poor kids living within this so financially well off country. Wonder if this is a scam or a cheap publicity stunt where celebrities are so desperate for sympathies and extra attention? Hey CNN HOW ABOUT TAKING UP THIS ISSUE AND QUIT obama 's coverage for a few minutes??

April 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mushymushroom

Tim get ready, I guess you will really give Bieber a run for his money...LoL..

hope you get to work with the right people and you'll definitely have a bright future...Believe me I can see it from here..LoL

Whew, Casey that was close!!!!!! Anyway now that Tim is gone, the haters have to find someone else to pick on...

April 21, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. John

I guess 19 finally decided to exercise their "right" to throw out votes to get rid of Tim.

April 21, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mozart4898

I do really think it's pretty sad that Tim doesn't even get to sing a last song like they all do. Yes, the show went super long but everyone else gets to sing themselves off...why not him?

April 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mozart4898

Aww...end of the line for Tim. Really is a shame to see him going – even if he's not your favorite you have to admire how he's acted on the show. I think they could all learn something from him, about how to take the criticism and how to enjoy their time there.

April 21, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. willyboy

Aaron safe! Tim goes! Casey sqeaks by again !!!

April 21, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. protogere

I thought it could never happen!

April 21, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mushymushroom

Casey hang on!!!!!!!

April 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. willyboy

Finally! last performer!

April 21, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. protogere

James, the 'judgement' of your character was made based on your tactless interjection into an ongoing conversation regarding an episode of a show that is intended to help those who are less fortunate.

April 21, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mozart4898

Lol @ willyboy – I'm pretty sure that's all the performances tonight. Just results now.

April 21, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. willyboy

Now we have Elton John- Who's next???

April 21, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mozart4898

I really think Elton John's voice has only gotten better now that he's getting older. It's richer, deeper, more resonant...unusual cause many people as they get older they seem like they just don't sing nearly as well.

I'm sure others won't agree but it's just my opinion.

April 21, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. mushymushroom

Speaking of Led Zep I guess it would be awesome if they mentor...Robert Plant is awesome...! But yeah it could have been more awesome if Led Zep themselves performed it but, Blige did fine... :)

April 21, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. protogere

Yes he is Ike. So awesome!

April 21, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. James S.

Yeah, protogere, 'cause I was just sitting here sobbing that I don't know you. Where's the eyeroll emoticon?

I don't care for blatant manipulation intended to part people from their money. And I don't care for people who make snap judgements about other people based solely on a blog comment. (Where is that darn eyeroll emoticon?)

April 21, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ike

Elton John Is amazing as always

April 21, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mozart4898

@ Johnny – No one is going to quite be the same as Zeppelin but I actually thought it was a pretty good job on the vocals. And the instrumentals – that guitar was awesome in there. No, not exactly the original but as one who really really likes the original, I can say that was no disrespect to the song at all. I thought it was great.

April 21, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. protogere

Yeah my daughter was hoping for Greenday like they had a couple years ago but it doesn't look like it.

April 21, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Johnny Drama

Wow. Mary J. just wrecked Stairway. No one should ever be allowed to sing that song but Zep. This show blows...and yet again they can't stay within their allotted time slot.

April 21, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mushymushroom

Whoa Travis Barker!! Sooooo cool..! I hope they also booked Greenday or Paramore...

April 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. willyboy

James, it's not awful, it's just sooooo streccccheeeeddd ooouuuttt!

April 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mushymushroom

@ WILLYBOY, you know I just realized that the tweens are kinda powerful...they dictate who's in or not! Just like one moment they declared that Zac Efron is their god then once they shifted to Robert Pattinson, suddenly Zac's career went a little down a notch, then recently it's all about Justin Bieber and look how great his career is now!!! And how dictate a reality/popularity show like AI is a real evidence of their "power"... Oh My!

April 21, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  35. protogere

James I am so glad I am fortunate enough not to know you or people like you in my life.

April 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  36. willyboy

Who will it be? well, i guess after Simon's heart tugger report we will find out–

April 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. James S.

Well thank god for your blog, Lisa. Now I won't have to sit through another sappy, manipulative mess that is "Idol Gives Back." This sounds absolutely AWFUL to watch.

April 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  38. protogere

I was wondering if that was Orianthi.

April 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. protogere

Wow, Mary is impressive as always but I don't think I have ever seen her be so powerful in performing! And look at Randy in action.

April 21, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mozart4898

Wow...for me, "Stairway to Heaven" tonight is one of the best guest artist performances I've seen on this show. I wanted the full version of the song but man this is awesome! I could listen to this sort of thing all night.

(Am I showing my preference for the rock side of things?)

April 21, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  41. willyboy

Yep, those tweener thumbs really get a workout on tuesday nights-

April 21, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. mushymushroom

@protogere yeah I think it's history wherein adults gets to decide, now the Tweens are the most powerful demographic...especially in Idol...LoL

April 21, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. protogere

Annie is such an inspirational person to watch interacting.

April 21, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  44. willyboy

Nice song from Annie lenox– too bad she got stuck in europe–

April 21, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  45. protogere

LoL mushy – I think Aaron will be safe for a while longer, he has that kiddo appeal I think more than the other two, just judging from the remarks from the teenage girls in my house.

April 21, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mushymushroom

@PROTOGERE gosh...tim and Casey on the bottom three...it's like Justin Timberlake vs. Justin Bieber...you know, ladies vs tween votes...!!!!!!!!

April 21, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ike

Tim is finally going.....home

April 21, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. willyboy

Well, only another 25 minutes to go- nice report from David Cook–

April 21, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. mushymushroom

Oh I hope Casey stays!!!!!

April 21, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. protogere

Tim will never go home, I'm convinced LoL I think it's the noose for Casey finally.

April 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. protogere

I have a lot of admiration for Bill & Melinda – I read a report not that long ago about him trying to raise money for mosquito nets and released mosquitoes into a room filled with richie rich people and locked the doors. Later he told them the mosquitoes were malaria free, but that was funny to me, to see someone make a huge point like he did.

April 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ike

Yes Yes Yes Tim will go home

April 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. willyboy

More results- who will it be to join the two- not siobhan! nor Mike– tim is it!

April 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ike

Tim Pls Tim

April 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  55. protogere

I am pretty sure it was, you can't fake those lips.
    Keisha, Lisa was naming off contestants "who always deliver a great performance", not every contestant who went on to do anything musically related.

April 21, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. mushymushroom

OCTOMOM!!!!!!!!???

Who's next? Kate Gosselin then Sarah Palin...?
    LoL

April 21, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Keisha

How could you name Clay Aiken(wasn't an Idol) and not name Fantasia or Reuben who were American Idols...

April 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mozart4898

That wasn't really "Octomom," was it? I thought that was another impersonator.

April 21, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. protogere

I have zero respect for 'Octomom' and find that really bothersome they would have her on – especially considering her blatant abuse of the welfare system but I won't start that rant.
    I was really surprised to see them show what ten dollars could achieve and I agree Lisa, I liked seeing that teacher amongst the needy, it kind of helps to remind people in this economy even the employed and seemingly middle class are struggling.

April 21, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. willyboy

Ryan just told america that the show will run over- Gee what a surprise!!

April 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Ike

Underwood rocks...wow

April 21, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Ike

Tim must go Pls

April 21, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  63. mozart4898

Yeah the finale is already set for sometime in late May. If there was a non-elimination it would mean a double elimination next week, but I'm figuring they won't go that. That'd be 4 weeks with no elimination, double elimination, no elimination, double elimination...pretty weird.

April 21, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  64. protogere

Mozart I am thinking that they must have so many week's worth of episodes allotted to them and having both the save and give back w/o an elimination then that would be too many weeks.

April 21, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  65. willyboy

Alicia Keyes is a really good singer– and she was a good mentor, too–

April 21, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Loray White

@ protogere- good point! Thanks for the schooling.

April 21, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  67. willyboy

well, if DialIdol is right, Casey is the botom of the bottom–

April 21, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  68. mozart4898

Ahh ok – I haven't caught every show all along lol...so I wasn't sure how it worked out all the time. I figured they would be eliminating one tonight but I'd just heard it as a possibility elsewhere.

April 21, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. protogere

Willy I think it will be Casey and Mozart, last year they did eliminate during the give back show. The times they didn't were before they introduced the 'save'.

April 21, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  70. protogere

I'm thinking if you wanted to remain anonymous then perhaps use a different user name to post responses? I don't know dear but I've pretty much accepted that anything I type on the internet from email to blog replies and everything in between is going to be there for eternity, even if just through wayback spidering or a cache.

April 21, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. willyboy

I agree that Tim is bottom three– I just don't think Aaron should be there– hopefully it's Casey or Tim, as both were pretty bad last night–

April 21, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  72. mozart4898

Yeah I think Tim should be rounding out the bottom 3. I could honestly see any one of the three going home (if they actually do eliminate someone tonight...in the past for Idol Gives Back they haven't, but we'll see). Tim's performance was probably the weakest but Aaron hasn't been impressing a lot of people lately and they were really harsh on Casey last night.

April 21, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. protogere

I didn't realize that was Joss, wow she has lost an amazing amount of weight. It sounded like her but didn't look like her and I had missed the introduction.

April 21, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Loray White

@protogere – call it the private part of my life that wants to remain anonymous. Why should what I post on AI be newsworthy on the Google site?

April 21, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Ike

Tim shd be on his way tonight. He is ok but there are better singers this season in my view.

April 21, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. mozart4898

I'd love to see Casey play guitar like this for Crystal, and do the exact same song on tour. I think they'd pull that off AWESOMELY.

April 21, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. protogere

I disagree willyboy and Tim should round out the bottom 3. But so far the right ones are there.
    Loray? Why would it matter if they are recorded on Google? ::confused::

April 21, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Loray White

Did you know our comments are recorded on Google? Try googling your name.Not happy.....

April 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  79. protogere

Kara and Ellen really looked almost perturbed at it all – surely they knew it was coming.

April 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  80. willyboy

here we are for real–Crystal & Casey first–as expected, Casey bottom three Crystal safe. Aaron & Lee– Aaron bottom three!!!! Lee should be there instead of Aaron!!

April 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  81. mozart4898

Yeah the bit with George was quite funny – I loved Randy's reactions. You can tell he's such a laid back guy in real life.

April 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  82. protogere

I thought that was a riot, I love George though, he's such a funny guy. Could they have kept the camera on Casey any longer?

April 21, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  83. mozart4898

Well...here we go. Cutting it down to bottom 3 and then leaving them wait for the next hour?

April 21, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  84. willyboy

This is the STUPIDest part of the show!

April 21, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mozart4898

Lol yeah...this is pretty funny. Course I have to wonder just how funny it'll be for someone who happens to go home tonight...

April 21, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  86. willyboy

Results are up for some of the 7-George Lopez???is giving the results???? What's up with that???? more foolery!

April 21, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  87. protogere

I wonder if Ryan feels like it is season 1 all over again.

April 21, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  88. protogere

George Lopez LOL!

April 21, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  89. protogere

BEP is usually a much better performing group than that – though I did watch them on something else not that long ago that was painful too. I didn't get to catch the CMAs

April 21, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  90. protogere

Mozart I know when we went cemetery hunting for old abandoned gravesites in Arkansas it was astounding to me to see some of the shoddy conditions people lived in and it wasn't how you and I would feel if we lived in a tin roofed shack – to many of them it is all they know.

April 21, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. mozart4898

Yeah, rough is one way of putting it. Course the same sort of thing happened the other night on the country music awards (whichever one those were, lol)...most of the acts just plain sounded awful. I wonder sometimes if it's that sharing the stage they don't get to check like they would for their own concerts, or if some of these groups really are that rough normally live.

April 21, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ike

The story from Kenya is so sad ....I am crying

April 21, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  93. protogere

Wow sound check must not have happened for BEP – that was rather rough for them.

April 21, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  94. willyboy

Well, i guess i'll keep the sound off for a while-

April 21, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  95. mozart4898

Ohh I figure results probably won't come until about the last 15 minutes or so...lol

April 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. willyboy

It was nice of AI to bring back the top 12 for the "group song" Wonder how long it will be till we get some results-

April 21, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  97. mozart4898

I totally agree about bringing attention to those places in the USA. My mom frequently says "why does it seem people always focus on other countries when we couldn't even take care of our own after something like Katrina?" And being someone who loves the mountains and has been through parts of West Virgina, Virginia, Kentucky, etc. I can tell you that they didn't just go and use only the worst area they found – you can drive for miles on some of those mountain roads and see that and worse.

April 21, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. mozart4898

I think it was Siobhan got one of those moments too – I thought it was her near the end. I actually thought that might have been live and not lip-synched (imagine that)! May not have been though.

April 21, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  99. protogere

I always love this part of AI and while it is obvious as the show progresses how much help is needed around the world, I love that they take the time to bring attention to the pockets of America that are so depleted of resources.

April 21, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  100. protogere

Not that she wasn't great, but why should Crystal get a moment to showcase her voice when others didn't get one specifically focused on them?

April 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |