April 21st, 2010

'Idol Gives Back' and takes away

The stars will be out Wednesday night for “Idol Gives Back.”

This year’s show is scheduled to include performances by Elton John, Carrie Underwood, The Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Jeff Beck, Joss Stone and Mary J. Blige. Tuesday night’s guest mentor, Alicia Keys, will also perform.

Watch a review of Keys’ time as a mentor:

Unlike past years, which focused solely on the philanthropy aspect of “Idol Gives Back” where viewers are encouraged to donate to worthy causes, Wednesday night will feature an elimination.

My pick for who’s going home is Casey James, who I thought gave more of the same old, same old performance and didn’t step things up enough on the inspirational songs-themed night.

1. Observer

Looking for the best singer who can recreate my favorite oldies of like 30 to 40 years ago. Someone who sounds like Janis Joplin or Bonnie Raitt so I can sit back and reminisce during my retirement years. Although in my 60's I know there's alot of fans out there who appreciate Crystal just like I do!!!

April 22, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chilly Cee

Out of all the idol shows, this year has the least talented group of singers. I was amazed at some of the earlier contestants that had very good voices, and great entertaininment value get booted off so soon. How does this due Tim continue to move from show to show? Siobhan needs much improvement, Crystal is OK but lacks sheer Star qualities, Big Mike is basically a football player that can sing..pretty good, Casey should become an actor – who can sing ,Aaron is in the early stages of growth and has a very slim possibility of winning it all, Lee Dewyse is about to become Lee Demise..he started off great and fell HARD, The reason most folks likes Crystal is due to the terrible talent pool discovered by these so called Talent Judges – i believe you tube talent is way better than Idol 2010. I would love to be in charge of putting together a best of you tube talent show..any investors that are interested email me @ chillycee@hotmail.com..This will be BIG!! Really big!!!.

April 22, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kd

i agree with you...watching all of those millionaires asking for $ is just sooo sad...simon, the gates, ryan, victoria etc...make more $ than god...makes me scream! though it is really great that carrie underwood is donating proceeds from her concert sales!

April 22, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. marilyn montibeller

Hey I have idea, how about every performer, judge, actor and Seacreast give some of their millions they make instead of begging us who live paycheck to paycheck to hand out money.

April 22, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rebecca

I LOVE LEE :-)

April 21, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lanray

It's time for Big Mike to go - boring and little talent. Surprised he doesn't wear sunglasses as most of the Black performers seem to be into these days - looks goofy to me.

April 21, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Keisha

wELL i FEEL THAT TIM SHOULD GO HOME TONIGHT...

April 21, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Happy1

I have been consistently impressed w/ Crystal and I hope she wins it. I love her bluesy, soulful sound. The girl's got major talent and will go far.

April 21, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Barry

Crystal Bowersox is the real thing. Don't believe everything you read.She's the new Bonnie Raitt. She's not weird...just different then the rest. She has soul!!!

April 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Isay

@Phill, Agree with you. I cant get over with Crystal.

She is so weird. First she blame Ryan Seacrest betrayed her, then she refused to sit together for dinner with other contenstens in Vegas. She said, if she won, she won't go to tour with them. (our local newspaper revealed today).

I am not going to vote for her. She is not an idol, but a weirdo. She seems always angry for something.

April 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. protogere

I'm with you, Casey and Tim were the worst, Casey perhaps trumping Tim's pitiful performance.

April 21, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Wayne

I was listening and watching the show last night while been busy doing other things and heard it from a distance. What I heard were some nice vocals. I did hear some nice vocals and I got to say seen the team on Larry King live and enjoyed watching them. I thing Ellen can handle her own well an she is making progress too. Good luck tonight. Going to be a cool show tonight!!!!!

Cheers

Wayne

April 21, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Thede Vilthatiam

They should just cancel this season and donate the American Idol prize money to charity. None of the contestants this season have what it takes. NONE.

April 21, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Haverchuck

A guy not named Lee will be leaving tonight. I see Arron and Tim still getting enough teen girl speed dial votes to hang on another week, which leaves Casey or Mike. Probably Mike since he was already voted off by America and probably doesn't have enough young supporters.

April 21, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Frankie

Lee could definitely win this year but I think Big Mike is going home tonight. He's given really substandard performances the last few weeks and I don't think that time he was the one going home was a fluke. He needs to go back home and take care of his kid and family!! The music industry is no place for someone who has hang ups!

April 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Phyl

I agree, it's either Casey or Tim or perhaps Sihboan, she is really becoming more obnoxious every time. I still don't get Crystal, but will admit she at least seemed engaged & human last night. I see Lee winning it all.

April 21, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |