April 20th, 2010

Kicking it off with 'Idol' Top 7

testing captions
testing captions

I have made a vow to myself that this week that I will try to be more open toward Tim Urban.

I have not been a major fan of that kid, and I probably never will be, but in the spirit of generosity of Wednesday night's "Idol Gives Back," I will attempt to be more charitable.

The show just started, and we get a quick shot of some of the cast off contestants and the judges are already seated.

Let's roll.

1. Kay

I actually think that Casey and Crystal and Lee will end up being the top 3...They are very different artists...but each is quite good. The others all rank about the same with some having better weeks than others...it's just a matter of time for them...anybody's guess as to which order they will drop off in !

April 21, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dyan

Personally, I had to leave the room when Tim started to kill the song. It wasn't pleasant at all. Just my humble opinion.

April 20, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. yoli

Hate to say it, Mama Socks was not that great this week. She threw in the tears because she knew she sucked. She is knew exactly how to cover up that awful copycat of that song.

April 20, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chris Kirkpatrick

I like the idea of Alicia Keys as the mentor for this week being that she is both a singer and a musician. Lisa, Tim has squeeked by the past few weeks in ok mediocrity but if he doesn't really step it up this week and prove that he deserves to be in this group this could be his week to go. We'll just have to wait and see.

April 20, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mozart4898

Ahhh ok there's that trail of breadcrumbs to the actual performance thread...lol

April 20, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. willyboy

As i expected– Casey sucked BIG time!!!! and surprise! Simon agrees with me!!

April 20, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mozart4898

Hmmmm already not getting comments posted? Anyways, Casey's vibrato just really annoys me. He has a nice tone to his voice but I have trouble getting around the vibrato. Nice guitar playing but it's not a guitar playing contest.

April 20, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. protogere

I am very excited that Alicia is their mentor, she has so much experience and talent, I think she will have a lot of guidance she can give them.

April 20, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |