April 19th, 2010

Kim Kardashian, Joy Bryant show their 'naked truth'

Actress Joy Bryant and Kim Kardashian are the latest to disrobe for a nude photo spread, but these images will hit newsstands without any retouching.

The celebs revealed their “naked truths" for the May issue of Harper's Bazaar, exposing their figures as well as their philosophies about body confidence.

Kardashian, whose posterior is just as famous (if not more so) than she is, told the fashion magazine that she doesn’t understand all the fuss.

“I don’t get why everyone is always going on about my butt,” she said in the interview. “I’m Armenian. It’s normal. My butt is probably not as big as you might think, because I have small legs and a small waist, which makes it appear bigger.”

Her breast size was also a point of contention for Kardashian, especially when she was younger. “I was wearing a C cup by the time I was 11. I would go to bed and pray, ‘Please, Lord, don’t let my boobs grow any bigger.’ I hated what was happening,” Kardashian said.

Now, however, the E! reality show star embraces her shape. “I feel proud if young girls look up to me and say, ‘I’m curvy, and I’m proud of it now,’” she said.

Joy Bryant hopes that her nude photo spread will inspire women to stop being so critical of themselves.

“Women are the harshest critics of other women. There needs to be a greater acceptance individually and collectively or nothing’s ever going to change,” Bryant said. “You’ll never be thin enough, blonde enough, black enough. So enough is enough.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Kardashians

1. gia

I think the girls are famous and funny as well, they just work very hard to make their dreams come true, and so there
    are a lot of jealous people who have to put the girls down because they are unhappy.

July 5, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Roy Mabe Jr.

Reality show hosts=telemarketers who show their face on TV.

April 20, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Various_Authors

"Kim is only "famous by association".
    That is her only claim to fame. That and the news media keeps cramming her down every ones throat."

I'd like to cram myself down HER throat.

April 20, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  4. Don

She is famous because many Americans think her life is interesting enough to support season after season of her popular TV show. Plus she is very, very good looking!

April 20, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. R

Haters. If you looked 1/2 as good as she did, you'd work it, too. You gotta use what your mama gave you, and she does it very well. I say, "Go, Kim! You're a hottie!"

April 20, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. DFWDelia

I think we should lighten up when it comes to nudity. I've been more or less a nudist since I started dating my husband and I am flattered that he's never once told me he wants me any other way!

I say Yea Kim! And Yea Joy! Way to go girlfriends!

April 20, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. b3089j

Whatever......Just look at that Filet Mignon....Yum Yum

April 20, 2010 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. bevvie

Love ya, Kim. Looking good!

April 19, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mushymushroom

She's Armenian..I thought she was Indian...

Anyway, I appreciate the fact that she's not into the whole retouching thing, but everytime I see her I always wonder, why is she on tv? Why is she on magazines? Why is she on CNN?

Oh well, let's just all admit that her 15 minutes isn't up yet...

April 19, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dani in AZ

She is business savvy enough to keep on making money and own a business and fashion lines...and If I had a body like that I would so get paid to show it off too. Her parents were able to fully support their family from their success and gave her the advantage and tools to succeed and she is now very successful. Isn't that what a parent should be doing for their kids?

April 19, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. diane fernandez

just go with the flow. why is Sarah Palin famous and why does she deserve a reality show?

April 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MBritt

She is famous because all of you commentors read this article and commented on it.

April 19, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JB

Thought she was famous for that tape that came out w/her and Ray-J?

April 19, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. laura TJ

She is famous because her late father was on OJ's defense team a long time ago. She does work hard with her store etc. but she is also just lucky. What is her talent...beauty ??

April 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Head Diva In Charge

She is "famous by association" but she and her family have also made all the right business moves. As long as she uses her fame for good and not bad, then I am fine with it.
    Plus – being a reality t.v. junkie, I do find her family amusing.

April 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MOBADTHANGOOD

Kim is only "famous by association".

April 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. carmen

the only thing I know about her is that her father was one of OJ"s Atty's...as to why she and her sisters are famous....I have no idea

April 19, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. R.L.

Is there nothing Kim Kardashian won't do? I don't understand why she is such a draw or why her family has their own reality show?

April 19, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |