April 16th, 2010

'Idol' Top 10 CD to be released

testing captions
testing captions

Can’t get enough of “American Idol’s” Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze?

Fans will be able to buy the music of the Top 10 of season nine on May 11. “American Idol: Season 9” CD includes Bowersox’s rendition of Janis Joplin’s “Me and Bobby McGee,” and Dewyze’s version of “Treat Her Like a Lady.”

The album also includes Aaron Kelly’s cover of Aerosmith’s classic “I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing,” Casey James performance of “Jealous Guy,” Didi Benami singing “Play with Fire,” Siobhan Magnus’ version of “Paint It Black” and Katie Stevens’ version of “Let It Be.”

There are also a trio of acoustic performances – Michael Lynch singing India Arie’s “Ready For Love,” Andrew Garcia’s performance of Chris Brown’s “Forever” and Tim Urban’s version of The Rolling Stone classic “Under My Thumb.”

1. Brarenolan

click coach clearance purses for more detail

February 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mercedes coe

lol home dog is so cute!! hope that he wins!! bad bod!!!!! OMG!!! LMBO!!!!!!

April 20, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. E Paul

The money made from the CD will be eaten up soon. My IReport has been sent from me in the future back in time for posting to Twitter, Facebook to the CNN and HLN websites.

It reads in part "Chicago American Idol Star booted off in the last show commits suicide. When found, the body had fallen 14 stories to the pavement below landing on top of a local television news crew's truck who at the time was working for Larry King Live. The victim used razor blades to "bleed herself fast", she also shot herself in each of her arms, legs and three shots to the head, two of which blew off her ears Just as she lept off the Chicago Tribune Building, she was heard shouting "American idol Judges (Explicitives verbiage) and they can shove (explicitive) up their (explicitive)! What is really sas is that even though she made it to the number two slot, and lost out to Harry Minguelworth and his horse "Ed" who farted the melody's to his songs (gas mask sales rose tremendously near the CNN Headquarters in Atlanta, (more on the next IReport from me later on), Georgia in the United States. This American Idol Star gone bad left a 399 pages, single spaced, 8 pice courrier font letter addressed to Larry King in care of Willie Nelson. Sources who wish to remain anonomous at this time stated that Willie Nelson read the note (using 7 joints from start to finish) who then called Larry King and asked how much CNN was willing to pay for this suicide note. When Larry King responded, Willie Nelson was taken aback, until he remembered, he wanted a figure or in this case, a nmber which represents the ounces of Columbian Gold that CNN woul give him for the letter, not the number in dollar bills, It is of course, with sad regret that an IReporter such as myself, having the technology to go into the future then back, has to actually report on something as tragic as this, but such is the life of us IReporters assisting CNN with their reporting.

My next IReport will be on the final vote tally in the 2012 Presedential election. Wow, that sure was a good election, really sorry to report on who actuall won, opps, sorry, meant "who actually will win". The winner is of course, none other than Mr. Willie Nelson, and Mr. Nelson stated his first act in office was to inact a Presidential Executive Order changing the laws regarding marijuana possession. His remarks to this IReporter on January 17, 2013 (Yes, we actuall do as a planet make it past December 12, 2012. We finally figured out that the Myans just ran out of wall space to continue their calendar), that it would be illegal for anyone over the age of 50 not to have in their possession at lease one unused marijuana joint.

So, from the future and the present, this IReporter says "Oh well, can't win em all huh".

April 20, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. Scottie

I wouldn't buy anything that Tim Urban or Aaron Kelly is on.

April 19, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hugh01

Oh, I've got your puppy right here. cute lil bugger.

April 18, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Roscoe

Is this the space where I report my lost puppy?

April 18, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mushymushroom

Oh BTW, regarding the AI 2010 cd which I almost forgot that that's the whole point of the article...LoL! yeah all I can say about it is... *YAAAAAAAWN*

April 18, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mushymushroom

@millie yeah!!!!! I'll buy alez lambert's album too!!! Gosh I miss him... :)

@TinLV yep. Jason Castro was here in Manila last month for a gig, his song "let's fall in love again" is a hit here...and it's a nice song...I can hear it from a glee episode...

April 18, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bumer

Thanks for the laugh! Who in the world would buy this?

April 18, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hugh01

Thx for the update Jason.

April 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TinLV

By the way, speaking of Idol CD's, Jason Castro's album is out and its good. I bought it yesterday.

April 18, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. TinLV

I would buy a whole album of Crystal Bowersox songs, but not wasting my money on a CD with music I mostly couldn't tolerate the first time I heard it.

April 18, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. ScrapSupply

If you love this or hate this, you will love this...

April 17, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rrjolay

Have ANY non-jewish artists received their royalties from last year ???

April 17, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ScrapSupply

SOUTH PARKS GOES TO BROADWAY

April 17, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ScrapSupply

Appreciate Music!!!!!
    check out: http://scrapsupply.blogspot.com/2010/04/acknowledging-music.html

April 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. kay

y wuld peepz buy da cd if some of dem cant sing at all !!!!!

April 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sency

I wonder why there has not been an Idol CD in the past?

April 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rob - Australia

Simple, don't like or want, don't buy.
    Although all of these performances are on iTunes if I am not mistaken....
    An Xmas Idol CD?? Seems Early.. :-)

April 16, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rich

i only like Crystal Bowersox's song Me and Bobby Mcgee . She will definitely win Idol.

April 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Millie

I'm buying the Alex Lambert CD.

April 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Hugh01

I guess that just goes to show u that anyone can release a CD .. even TUrban ... wow. I wouldn't buy it if it was for FREE.

April 16, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. moon627

I might buy the singles from Crystal and Lee (i loved his version of the Elvis song : A Little Less Conversation) :)

but i wouldnt buy the entire CD with the other contestants whose singing and songs i dont like ...

April 16, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Str8 outta TX

some people out there cannot stand to see others make it. it is there purpose to make others life miserable because they arent secure enough with themselves. does it make you feel good to put down others' talent/skills/abilities when you yourself are clearly lacking?

that isnt real...
    but dont get all worked up. perhaps i wasnt talking about you, but if you felt i was, you may be guilty.

19 (20 on 5-8-2010)/m/tx

April 16, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sherry

Of all the Tim Urban songs... why that one... They should his song from this week or last week. And why not one of Didi's Fleetwood Mac songs...

April 16, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dtny

Seriously? UGH! Who would actually buy this years' CD? I can't imagine anyone even buying the AI tour tickets. This years singers are, if not outright awful, beyond boring.

April 16, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Beth

Who would buy a CD where the people on it cannot sing!!!!

April 16, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dm nash

Song choice kinda bizarre considering the judges lambasted them for most of these performances. Not even their personal best "standout" performance for any of them. R we to believe these were the songs that got them their highest weeks votes? I doubt it. Curious how they arrive at song choices. Obviously w/pro tools in the studio something can be improved upon their live performance, but for many of these song choices it wasn't just their vocal that was bad.....more AI cluelessness this season.

April 16, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ken

"Under My Thumb" seriously?! I was impressed with every song-track choice except for that one.

April 16, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. James

good, the cd's are a good listen.

April 16, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Head Diva In Charge

I actually really like when they release the CD, glad they are getting back to that.

April 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |