April 15th, 2010

'Ugly Betty' gets ratings boost with series finale

Ugly BettySo many were disappointed to learn that ABC was kicking “Betty” to the curb after just four seasons that it's not much of a surprise the show got a ratings boost last night - it looks like even the fans who may have stopped watching came back for a final farewell.

“Ugly Betty” saw a 29 percent jump in ratings over last week with its final episode, achieving a season high according to THR.

The series finale of "Betty" gave fans some resolution, and was also filled with new beginnings. Wilhelmina finally gets to rule the Mode roost, Marc gets more creative responsibility, Amanda finds out who her birth father is, and Betty, Hilda and Justin all move out of Ignacio’s Queens abode. The series’ run may have been short, but it was enough time to see how much Betty evolved over the years, from gawky, poncho-d assistant to a stylish, editorial star headed for London.

And while she doesn’t end up with Daniel in quite the way some fans may have hoped – one recapper was upset that there wasn’t even a series finale kiss between the two – series creator Silvio Horta told TVGuide.com that there's still potential for romance to bloom.

“The core relationship of the show was always Betty and Daniel. They’ve been there for each other for the entire course of the series and to end with that possibility — and what I think you end with is a possibility — with anyone but Daniel seemed off,” he told the Web site. “Are they together after that? I don't even want to say. I have my version in my head of what happens after she walks away from him, but I think everyone can have their own interpretation.”

What did you think of “Betty’s” finale? Was it fitting, or did it leave you wanting more?

Filed under: television

1. sandra

It suck! in the Colombian, Ugly Betty , not only do they get married but, she ends up running the magazine, becomes a mother and is all career woman. The beauty of the show, is that, two people meet, become best friends, hook up and benefit from each other, behind every successful man there is a smart woman. They owe a better ending, especially for everyone else who has seen the original. It was going so well until the final end????

May 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pau

I was disappointed they didn't kiss..or we didn't get to see the confession of love..yea we're suppose to assume and figure out our own endings but I wish I would of gotten to see it.

September 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terena

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Ugly Betty back. Or even, just a movie to recap where everyone is. I absolutely love this show and I know so many others do as well. There would be plenty of viewers that would tune in to watch it or a movie. I want to see where Betty and Daniel are and I want to see them kiss and confess their love!

October 22, 2012 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. Erin

It was hard for me to watch bc I LOVE the show from begining to end and I was sooooo sad to watch the last episode.. I have watched them over and over and over hoping that they bring the show back..... It has def left to many questions unanswered and now i want to see where everyone is at :) SO PLEASE BRING UGLY BETTY BACK NOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

June 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Maty

It was a little hard to watch it in the end because I remember they kept switching the days. Every week it was a differant day. Then sometimes it would even come out for a week or two. After the writers strike is when it messed me up a lot. I wish they could bring Betty back. I have all four seasons and watch it from begining to end every couple months.

February 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sabrina

l love ugly betty l have been watching it since forever.

Though l guess it's our fault if we watched it more view would have been higher and ABC wouldn't have canceled it.

February 8, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Christela

Of course it left us wanting more. We have no clue what happened to Betty and Daniel. No clue how Justins life turns out after coming out. No clue about Tyler. OMG BRING IT BACK!!!!! I really hope another station picks it up!

January 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Leighton

We want ugly betty back please. I love this show so much.. Please bring it back

December 15, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Akari

Come on! Let it be a Season 5, or a movie, or both!!!! ;)

September 17, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Angela

I literally cried after the finale.. I am just not ready to let this show go, i feel like i am losing my best friend! PLEASE come back!!!!

June 28, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. assia

i did t saw the finale season but i was expecting more

June 9, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Alex

It was a good ending to the season and I am sad the show is over. It was a wonderful show!

BUT....

1.) There was only so many times they could repeat the same types of things (Betty's boy troubles, Willie's antics, drama over Mode/Meade, etc.)

2.) There was only so far they could push it, it seemed right to let it go.

3.) It would need a name change because she obviously is no longer "Ugly Betty"...which reminds me I LOVE that the ended it with just "Betty".

April 19, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. Loreen

I truly enjoyed this show and was disappointed to see it went off the air. I was happy with the finale as they tied up the loose ends, but whatever happened to Daniels' sister/brother? I would of thought they would of made mention of her or brought her on for the last episode.

April 18, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Luis Mendez

I am so dissappointed that Ugly Betty was cancelled!! This show always had something positive for the audience. I'm going to miss watching all the cast. This show had so much potential that cutting it short was not a good idea. Good luck to the cast and crew of the show. We will miss seeing this show!!

April 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. elin

i enjoyed the finale, but to me, it seemed rushed. i was so surprised when i heard that ugly betty was in it's final season... it's the only abc show i watch... i agree with the comments about this being a positive and feel good show! that's what i loved most about it :) i think it shares many of the same qualities as the office (although it was less of a comedy), the only other show i watch regularly: light, cheerful, comedic at times, just enough character development and plot line to keep me wanting more, kind of quirky characters (but not overly so, in an annoying way). i think there are very few shows like this on the air.

April 17, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. diane

I hate this show has being cancelled... it was absolutley my favorite. I watched it from the beggining to the end. I cried I had gotten emotionally attached. Like the others post say very true after the network changed it so much it made it hard for some fans to keep up, my sister was one of them. One day I mentioned it to her and she thought the show had been cancelled and after our conversation she started watching it again. I love this show.... I hope another network picks it up.

April 17, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Deborah Berke

I HATE that ugly betty was cancelled!! Ive never missed an episode and lived and breathed ugly betty! I could relate so much to her character i hated having to see it end! BOOO!!!!!

April 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. David

I wont be watching anymore of ABC programing, I don't know who's running things over there but to cancell a show like ugly Betty that had so much of a story line and could have ran for years is nonsence to me. their doing the same thing to despret housewives, they show a few new shows then take if off the air for months at a time and expect viewers to come back and watch when they show a new episode, well not me.

April 16, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JC

Ugly Betty was a fantastic show that everyone looked forward to watching the time slot was switched so often I had to wait until ROD had it and i'd watch on the On Demand channel. I think another (SMARTER) network should pick them up and start out in England where a romance slowly blooms between Daniel & Betty. I agree with someone else about just calling it Betty. it would be perfect. I hate ABC for taking another funny, witty and amazing tv show off the air. Why take Betty off the air and keep that lame show parks and recreation on the air? that show is so dumb I lose 10 iq points just for each commercial about it.

BRING BACK BETTY!!!

April 16, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jude

I will miss Betty! This was such an inspirational show. As far as Betty and Daniel go, I think it's great that he is in London with her, but in my mind they remain the best of friends. I think it would be weird to see them together. I think they did a great job with the last show. Everyone got what they wanted and, what we as viewers, wanted for them.

April 16, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. RiRi

I love this show.... and it is so sad to see it end. Bring Betty back!!!!

April 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Katie

I'm so sad to see it go:(

April 16, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MaidenCanada

I feel that this whole last season was rushed because they knew they had to tie up so many loose ends. That said I love UB and will miss it terribly. It is the perfect mix of drama, comedy and fashion. My HD TV looked like a vibrating burst of colour everytime the show was on.
    I will really miss WS and CM...two materiarchs and arch rivals that were full of venom and love in equal amounts.
    I think that the move to NYC and ABC constantly pulling them and shuffling them killed a promising and entertaining series.

April 16, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mary

will miss you all,especially America and Vanessa, it was a fun time

April 16, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  24. dawn

I hope another network picks this up. I'm a 34 working professional, and for whatever reason, this show appealed to me!! This show touches on a lot of REAL topics and wasn't just dumb TV. I would follow this show on another network!!

April 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kim F.

I have been a fan of Ugly Betty since day 1. It was such a funny and well written show. I am sorry to see U B go but, feel this is ABC's fault- for moving it around so much. I was a little disappointed with the series finale. It felt rushed. A 2 hour send off, would have been nice. Some of the stories were wrapped up nicely but, I did not like how Betty's story ended (with a big "?"). Yes, she moved to London. Yes, Daniel followed her but, we don't know if they end up together. He asked her out to dinner. She left to go to work. THE END. If the powers that be were going to put those two together- they should have spent more time on that relationship. I never thought Betty was Daniel's type (He was very shallow.). I saw them as best friends but, nothing more. I always wanted Betty to end up with Henry or maybe Gio but, it wasn't meant to be. It would be cool if ABC or another network could do an Ugly Betty movie one day- like a 5 years in the future type thing. That would be cool. Thank you to the writers, cast, & crew. You have brightened my day for the last 4 or so years. I wish you all the best with future endeavors.

April 16, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. everydayadventuregirl

I really want Marc and Amanda to have their own spin off.

April 16, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  27. Davis

i don't watch u.b but when i did i always wondered who was the woman that played u.b.'s part.come to find out she is fine as hell

April 16, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. Tammie

I too am a die-hard fan of Ugly Betty. I've never missed a single episode and it often left me anticipating for the following weeks episode. Have had enough of no talent reality shows, and now you take a fresh up-beat show off the air and replace it with crap like Paris Hilton's BFF in London. Give us a break! Someone please pick this up and it's loyal fan base will keep on watching for years, just like "Friends".

April 16, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. Lois

I am very sad ABC cancelled ugly betty. It was a great show to watch. I hope ABC will rethink it and bring the show back next season. The way it ended just left the door open for Betty and Daniel. I wished he had kissed her before she walked away to go back to work. But who knows that could be something for the new begining in their lives in London. ABC please RETHINK IT AND BRING UGLY BETTY BACK!!!!!

April 16, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lee (South Africa)

So sad...my entire circle of friends were HUGE fans of the show...was wonderful to enjoy and laugh wholeheartedly during a show that simultaneously portrayed such positive messages…big loss!

April 16, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  31. ck_one

Ugly Betty will be missed. Too bad ABC treated it like its ugly step-sister; constantly changing the time and day when it was on the air. The characters were much loved. The shows producers did a wonderful job of including actors and storylines most networks and directors shy away from.

April 16, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  32. kathy

I loved that show and never missed an episode in the 4 years it aired. I can't believe they took it off. All the actors were so great in it. I loved that she and Daniel in my head get together and stay together. They are both good for each other. I loved the scene with her saying goodbye from the back of the limo to her family. it must have been a hard scene to shoot for all of them. They all seemed to really get along. i am going to miss it. We talked about it at work all the time. i hope they do a mini movie for tv once in a while just to see how things are going.

April 16, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  33. Don

I would love to see another network pick up the series. I must admit, I was very disappointed the way the last episode ended. There should have been a more defined ending for Betty and Daniel.....

April 16, 2010 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  34. adbr

Ugly Betty was the first network show I watched in years...It's was unique and it was good. Unfortunately, the creative lapse it experienced during that mediocre 3rd season eventually spelled its doom. I wish it could have lasted another year, but I'm o.k. with how it ended...everyone had a happy ending. I believe a spin-off is possible because there are so many stories, relationships which are interesting and marketable. A show with Betty making a cameo appearance would keep us "Betty Lovers" satisfied and close to her. Good Bye Betty, thanks for the last 4 years...i will truly miss you.

April 16, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  35. franco

they should cancel Desperate House Wives.. Ugly Bety is my favorite show and I don't even like watching tv.. ABC= fools .. I really hope another network pics it up.. I WANT MORE !!!!

April 16, 2010 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  36. Nadia

It left me wanting more, but probably because I watched La Fea Mas Bella and expected a stronger relationship between Betty and Daniel and not just a hint of a possible relationship. It also got cheesier in the later episodes which made it a little less disappointing in the end though because I wasn't expecting much to come of the show.

April 16, 2010 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. Carrie

I loved the finale for this show. It was great to see how Daniel, over the last two episodes, came to realize that his feelings for Betty weren't just 'friendly' and that they were actually romantic. After all the years of dating flighty, unsubstantial women that were more beauty then they were brains, he realized it was Betty, who most wouldn't even say was 'beautiful' in the classic sense, was the one that his heart actually belonged to. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that their friendship was fostered for so long. I really liked the ending of the show. They left it open to the possibility of them becoming a couple, which appeals to all the people that wanted them to hook up, while leaving them just as friends for all those that didn't want them together. The sad thing is.. several of the actors have already signed on to new shows starting this fall, so it's not likely another network will pick up Ugly Betty. I wish they would, though. I love this show and I've watched it every week since it started, even when it changed times and nights.

April 16, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  38. Hima

I LOVE this show, and watched every episode since season 1, just when its starting to get really good and we see Betty becoming successful and living up to her potential it gets canceled!! I am so sad to see all of these characters go, I loved the dynamics between them, and wish ABC would bring it back!! this show should carry on as just Betty with the new storyline that's been set up

April 16, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  39. Susan

I, too, will miss "Betty". I don't understand how networks make decisions.
    They will leave mindless, idiotic dialogue and awful acting series on forever, yet drop a well-written, role-model series. Go figure!
    Granted that at times a particular script was silly, but it was always well acted. Look at Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice which sometimes have
    ridiculous scripts, several weeks in a row, but they have not been cancelled. I just wished another networkk had picked it up like TNT or CW.

April 16, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  40. Pam

I could easily watch four more years of this show. It's well written, edgy, warm, funny and smart. What's not to love. I vote for 4 MORE YEARS!!

April 16, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  41. Judy

It is a shame it was cancelled. I understand that the ratings were not as good this year but when the network moves a show like that, they should be more patient. If the writing had been as good all year as the finale, probably more people would have looked for it and moved with it. Last night's show definitely left us wanting more. It's such a quirky little show, seems that USA would be interested in it. The way they break up the shows and have several short seasons might just work for Betty. Thank you to all who brought last night's show to us. It was the best.

April 16, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  42. angela

im going to miss the show.my kids and i love ugly betty.at the end it showed ugly betty wt=ith the words ugly gone and just betty,i would be nice to have a show called betty,all about daniel and betty in london with him working for her!!!

April 16, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  43. nichell

abc blew it and blew it big time. the only show worth watching and they take it off the air. this show had so much diversity and showed that you didn't have to be thin, pretty, white or straight to be a positive role model for young and old alike. i enjoyed all the characters and would love to see another network pick it up so we can keep on enjoying them.

April 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Cheryl

This show made me laugh and cry almost every single time. I loved the friendship between Daniel and Betty. I loved the family. I loved the heart of each character. I'm truly disappointed that this show has been cancelled. I can't believe a show like the Bachelor can run for as long as it has and this show gets kicked to the curb.

April 15, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. RACHAEL

Left me wanting MORE !!!!

April 15, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Vic

Definitely turn it into a motion picture!! I want to see what happens in London with Betty and Daniel.

April 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  47. STACEY DUFFUS

i love the show, disappointed that it is cancelled. the finale was outstanding leave me wanting more

April 15, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  48. JNAP

ABC sucks thats is it they call ACCORING to JIm a GOOD show???? give me a break JUST give us some more base dumbed down REALITY shows ABC why dont you...funny after seeing CHARLIE GIBSON make a mock of that Presidential debate during the election I sowre off of ABC news forever
    UGLY Betty WAS the BEST show in many years on TV loved every every episode the cast the characters and plots damn ABC you just made life a little bit sadder for many people
    I hope as many bloggers do that SHE will live on anoher network....

April 15, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  49. S

I just started watching Ugly Betty this season and fell in love with it . Heart broken it's gone :(

April 15, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • cc

For those of you who would like to see all 4 seasons commercial free. they are on Netflix

December 15, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  50. C

the finale didn't give any closure for Daniel and Betty. feels like something is missing!!
    The rest of the characters have good closures, why don't give the same closure to the main characters?
    Isn't time for Betty to finally find a man?
    They should've not cancelled the show :(
    I hope there'll be a movie to continue Betty's new adventure in London. Maybe with Daniel :)

April 15, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mel M

I can't believe how hard i sobbed during the last episode. I am truly upset with the decision to cancel the series. Bring Betty back!! The show is comical, dramatic, and well worth keeping. Idiots...what are you thinking?????????????

April 15, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. m

It was a bittersweet ending. I really wanted it to be true to the original where the "Daniel" & "Betty" characters fell in love. It would have been great if she did realize her feelings for Daniel, they fell in love and he left everything in New York to be with her in London; the bread winner. I really hope they could do a TV movie to really "tie up" the characters.

April 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  53. mushymushroom

@Annie

Yeah the comments are really a reflection of what the public feels about its cancellation...but these comments are mostly from your fellow Americans wait till you hear the disappointment of the rest of the world.

I'm actually from the Philippines and most of my friends are really confused why it was cancelled.

Good thing there's Glee and Chuck but will definitely miss Betty.

April 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Shane

I will miss this show so much! Can't believe it's gone after four seasons! I would love to see another network pick this up and carry on with it. One of the few shows I really looked forward to watching week after week.

April 15, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Zaleina

When Daniel was almost in tears about Betty leaving, so was I!

I LOVED that scene where she's wearing a gorgeous yellow/white/black suit and yellow purse and there are so few words between them but the emotions are clear.

I am a romantic so I was disappointed that there was no kiss between the two at the end – but if this means there will be a movie one day or a continued series, I'll say my bittersweet goodbye until then.

Farewell to a superb cast, witty writers and crew.

April 15, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Annie

They never should have cancelled this!!!!! I wish they would bring it back!!! As I read these comments I realize that I'm not alone in how I feel about this show.Cancelling it makes no sense.

April 15, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Annie

This was a great show. Both inspiring and entertaining. I'm so sorry to see it go. I miss the characters already. It was definitely a feel good show. There are so many boring and mundane sitcoms on prime time rigt now. Moving the show to 10pm definitely hurt the ratings.

April 15, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Anna

I will miss you so much Betty! I was so saddened to hear it would be cancelled. I loved the finale...but everything wrapped up so quickly and wish there would have been more time to do it. and yes, of course i wanted to see the kiss. I was just as sad to see Betty go as i was to see Friend's go.

April 15, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Suzanne

They should have left the show alone.
    kept it in LA, left it on Thursdays. Luved that show!

April 15, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  60. mushymushroom

I am a fan of this franchise.

The original Colombian version ended with Armando and Betty ending up together. They even made a continuation of it wherein they already have a family and Betty and Armando running Eco Moda.

I have seen all the versions of this franchise and I must say the U.S. version was the most outstanding. I'll tell you why..

The orignal and the other versions were all funny of course BUT it has always been Betty being a push over. Her good heart was abused by Armando because he knows how inlove Betty is with him. Then Betty realized all his lies so she went away, then Armando ended up realizing that he loves her then it's all too late then the chase yada yada.

The U.S. version depicted Betty and Daniel as FRIENDS and that was really a big difference among the other versions. Because it made me feel good that hey, Daniel actually cares for Betty not in other versions that the male lead character takes advantage of Betty's feelings for his business plans.

Another thing that I loved about the U.S. version is that it showed Betty having a life, she's got boys! Because in Betty la Fea she was like a dirt that no one wants to get near her, yeah in the U.S. version she's seen by most people as ugly but there are people and most especially guys who appreciates her which was not depicted in the other versions.

And up until the end I am impressed with how the U.S. version ended it, they ended it with a beginning.

Yeah just like most of you I will totally miss this show and I was so shocked that it got cancelled.

Hopefully it continues in a movie or another new series called "Betty".

See you soon Daniel and Betty... :)

April 15, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. bCastBear

Never watched the show until my sister told me about Modern Family. Then I ended up watching ABC from Modern Family through to Ugly Betty. I was hooked. It will be interesting to see if now ABC can hold my interest for that complete time period with Betty gone.

April 15, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Cynthia Kennedy

Ugly Betty is one of my all time FAVORITE tv shows!!!!! I was astonished to learn it was cancelled. How could this happen? I NEVER missed an episode. Last night was so sad. It is WAY too early for this series to end. I hope it can be brought back. I LOVED all the characters and the wacky clothes. There is no other show like it.
    PLEASE bring back Ugly Betty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  63. nona

So sad to see it gone ?

April 15, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. LIP

I'm sad to see this show go. I think that the network moving the times and days around when the show would air killed it. If they stuck to a time slot then the show could have done a lot better. Also they didn't advertise
    the show like they do with any other show. So that must have had a hand in the poor ratings.
    There are only a few shows that I watch and Ugly Betty was one of them. It seems like reality shows are taking over and that's too bad. I do hope that ABC will see that fans really enjoyed the show and bring it back. But that is unlikely.

April 15, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Karen Z

Oops, that should be "well muscled guy"

April 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Karen Z

Sad, so sad that ABC can't see the value of this show. Here's a well written and acted show that had characters who did not all come out of the skinny girl, well muscled girl catalog. Characters like most regular people, plus the broadly written comic villain Wilhelmina. Over the years each character grew and developed. Yes, the day leaping scheduling of this program did lead to audience loss and therefore loss of advertisers. So tired of the procedural dramas and laugh-track comedies.

April 15, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. knt

I hate\detest the reality shows that are hogging all the networks and thus don't watch TV that often. Naturally, I'm another viewer who is very disappointed that ABC cancelled UB because that's the only show that I watched regularly. The ending for both Daniel and Betty is not adequate and not a complete closure. I hope a show\movie will be created revolving around D&B relationship.

April 15, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  68. kgb

there was still so much room to develop these fun characters...it seemed like the actors started to take it to even another level this season. I dont understand ABC, they cancel Betty but WHO WATCHES THOSE HOUSEWIVES.... and wasnt THE WORLD ACCORDING TO JIM on until recently and NO ONE WATCHED IT! BRING BK BETTY OR MAKE A MOVIE...OR ON CABLE?!!!

April 15, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Brenda

Moving the show around from different days to different times surely did not help in its ratings. The network, not the show, carries the weight of that burden to me. A quirky, uplifitng feel good drama/comedy show was what made Ugly Betty a great story line to watch. I know I could relate to being in Betty's shoes at times. And the show gave hope to pursue your dreams even if you don't feel you belong. I am happy with the ending left open. That gives hope that maybe a new storyline may arise from this. Hats off to the cast and crew of Ugly Betty.

April 15, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  70. marilyn falls

I am so sad that the show has come to a end, I will miss Betty and especially Amanda she was a real crazy but likable character.

April 15, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Josh

One of the best shows on television!

April 15, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Doug

Devoted fan! Feel like I've lost a friend :( Bad business decision ABC!!!

April 15, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ginger

I also watched Betty from the beginning. Yet another great show gone along with Pushing Daisies. Shame on you ABC! I will miss them all.

April 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  74. TC

I've watched this show from beginning to end and it broke my heart to say goodbye last night. I blame ABC for the low ratings it had, for always moving it around so much. This was truly a one of a kind show that I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't think there was ever an episode that I didn't enjoy. I wish the cast and crew nothing but the best in their future endeavors and hope to someday see a reunion of sorts for the cast.

April 15, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kay

I loooooved UB–what a wonderful breath of fresh air on TV. Always left me in a happy mood (not many shows do that anymore). I am saddened to see it leave and can only hope it will be picked up by another network (maybe, ABC Family? Please ABC)!!!

April 15, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Roberto

I truly miss the show. i am hoping another network can pick it and continue the story. ABC screw it by moving the show so many times.
    Great job Salma!!!

April 15, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Lin

I loved (LOVED) the show :S dont understand why it had to end... I hate it!!
    Definitely left me wanting more...

April 15, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Gayla

I have watched since the beginning and right now I have only two words:

Beautiful Betty!

I really do hope that they give us a glimpse into Betty and Daniel's UK life. I spent 6 months in the UK back in the 2007 season and the Brits fell in love with Ugly Betty. I really do hope that they create something for us soon!

April 15, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Tania

Yes I was dissapointed the show ended. I love watching the show .I didn"t really like the ending.

April 15, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  80. aven

Ugly Betty is the only sitcom I ever watched, and I am saddened to see that it is gone. I related to Ugly Betty, and I loved seeing her grow and touch everyone around her in an uplifting, wholesome manner. Of course I believe that Betty and Daniel will end up together–why else is Daniel in London taking Betty out to dinner! The ending was well written, beautifully performed and the final scene without ugly and a big red "BETTY" was perfect! Kudos to a great writers and a great cast!!

April 15, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. COSgirl

yoo-hoo.....NBC......this is the perfect opportunity for you to start a come back!!!

April 15, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Amy

Please bring it back, the best show ever. Ugly betty makes me so happy, and i wish that at least the finale would include a kiss between betty and daniel, it was meant to happen!! It's so annoying. the best show has been killed off.

April 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  83. AdManLA

Ugly Betty was so well written, produced and directed. I loved watching it from start to finish. It is so disappointing to see these characters go. Ugly Betty was a great compliment to all the CSI/FBI/Police/Terror Expert copy cats. I think Fox would be a good fit to bring this show back; and make it the success it use to be. C'mon Fox! You didn't get Coco...Get Betty!

April 15, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Eileen

They did a wonderful job on the last show. Kudos to the writers. The only thing is, I am going to miss the show. It showed Betty growing up and getting her dream. She was a wonderful role model for all the not "beautiful people". Shame on you ABC for taking it off,

April 15, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  85. austx

I can't believe there is no more UGLY BETTY, I loved that show. Please bring it back!

April 15, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Mariel Guzmán

The finally wasn't so bad but seriously, I still want a Detty ending so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but if there's a chance about a movie, I hope the Detty ending finally happen.

PLEASE, PLEASE!!! give us our Detty ending

April 15, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Lily

First of all, I wish it wasn't cancelled. Ugly Betty was my inspiration my motivation to achieve, But, I wanted to see her finally find that love. All long I felt Betty and Daniel would end up together. That's not how I expected it to end though. Some romance between Betty and Daniel.
    I'm going to miss my favorite show...(sniff sniff).
    Thank you for a wonderful show!

April 15, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Nalini

Ugly Betty was a great show for the first two seasons. I think somewhere along the line during season three it took a turn and started to become something that it wasnt and I think a lot of fans (myself included) became uninterested. The core of the show is great but they started taking Daniel and Betty away from eachother and put them in some silly storylines. They phased out the Amanda/Marc vs. Betty scenario at one point, which was a great reason to keep watching the show. They should have done more with Whilemina in the sense of proving that she had a great heart. These last few episodes really brought back the original quality of the show however I still did not find peace in the ending. They should not have left the Betty/Daniel storyline open the way they did. Betty and Daniel were meant to be together but we never got to see it go romantically where the relationship should have. I will miss the show but everyone ended up in the right place. I hope they will make a movie version of what happens between Betty and Daniel, although I'm not feeling them in London for long.

April 15, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jay-F

Another network should pick it up. Ugly Betty was a heart warming show that I could relate to. But I think they ended the show how it should be...wanting more!!

April 15, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Dino Summer

Betty is gone... They could keep it for one more season... I think the ending was pretty good so we can expect for 'Ugly Betty' Movie ;-)

April 15, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Kelren

I am upset the show ended, I watched this show faithfully from the beginnig. I wish they would have had a good bye kiss between Daniel and Betty. I hope someone else picks up this show!!!

April 15, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Anita

"Ugly Betty" was a fun family event in our house every week. It started out as a mother/daughter event, but soon my husband was lured by "Betty's" charms! Each character was outstanding in their own way. I loved to see Wilhelmina's scheming alongside of Mark, and follow Amanda's kooky escapades. Hilda, Justin and Poppy will also be missed. They started to feel like a second family that I looked forward to visiting! I soncerely hope the network resurects this show. At least give us an "Ugly Betty" Movie! Thanks to the entire cast and crew for a job well done!

April 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Barb

I can't believe ABC canceled Ugly Betty. This was one of the best shows on TV and so diversified. Please tell me there is still a chance that someone else will pick it up. We Love you Betty!! Shame on you ABC

April 15, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Bev

ABC has certainly made a big mistake in cancelling "Ugly Betty"; it was one of the few Wednesday night shows" fit" to watch. The shows that are on now are not worth watching at all; I will definitely not waste my time watching these senseless shows. The cast on "Ugly Betty" was terrific. What in the world is ABC thinking? Their ratings will certainly go DOWN. I hope that another network will pick this worthwhile show up. The" finale" could be picked up with Betty & Daniel continuing their great friendship on another network. I would certainly watch it after choir practice on Wednesday nights like I have done for the past four years.

April 15, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Seth

I think the Betty Daniel romance should be achieved in a movie version where the movie allows them to develop those feelings. I think it would be a great film!!!! Ana Ortiz said America Ferrera wanted to do it and I think she could produce it and star in it!!! Do it America!!!!

April 15, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  96. mary

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THIS SHOW!!!! This was the best show on TV. All the actors portrayed all the characters beautifully and it was just a fun and happy show.

April 15, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Sharon O

ABC could have given more time for the series finale. They could have not shown a repeat of 'Modern Family' at 8 and made 'Betty' 90 minutes to allow more time for this wonderful series to end even better. I don't know what to think of network executives - they just don't know what to do with great, intelligently-written shows. All they know is the Reality junk that rules the airwaves because it is cheap to produce. No wonder so many of us are not watching the networks in favor of cable stations.

April 15, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Anonymous

I agree that the show was wonderful! I can truly relate to Betty's evolution but don't feel I've made it. The ending was like a visualization of my own end of the road. The way the show ended was the best ending I can think of for a series (including Friends). I think it's not always about the romance and drama. It's about looking forward which is core to Betty's character and the writers could not have done better.

Yes I love the idea of Daniel and Betty, but if there was a romantic scene, it wouldn't have the depth of feeling that their connection should have. Everyone ends a finale with a kiss, but sometimes it's more exciting to end with a beginning. Imagine the network started a new show called Betty: wouldn't you enjoy him making something of himself and truly living up to the potential Betty sees in him? Shouldn't they have time to switch gears and make new memories together in different roles; the new betty and the new daniel. Plus, what good is the beginning of a romantic relationship without a long exciting chase? ;-)

April 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Leslie

So sad to see Ugly Betty end and even tho the series ended who is to say there wont be a spin off? Did anyone notice the very end where the ugly floated up leaving just "Betty"? My gosh, that just reeked of a new show called just plain "Betty". Who would like to take over and write a new show with me, picking up with Betty in London? Come on people! No one but me has had this idea?

April 15, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  100. PeterPhilly

I'm REALLY going to miss this show. I thought the characters were incredible and loved to watch how Betty evolved. I loved the humanity of Amanda and Mark, while at the same time they were so cold and calous.

I particularly loved the responsible, sensitive and honest way they dealt with the gay characters!

I'm just as upset about losing this show as I was with the cancellation of "Eli Stone". Yet, "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters" are going strong. I guess shows that deal openly with ethics, morality and integrity don't really cut it.

April 15, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Lita

I want to see how Betty and Daniel are doing as couple. I loveeee Daniel so much! I just hope i can watch "ugly betty" again in the future. Ugly Betty is the BEST SHOW ever!!

April 15, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Cheryl

Watching Ugly Betty was a mother-daughter weekly event in my family, ever since the show began. My teen daughter and I both said "NOOO" when last night's episode ended, in disbelief that such a terrifically acted and written show could end so soon. A movie at the very least is in order. But I dream of another network taking the show. Betty was the only show I watched regularly on ABC.

April 15, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Lauren

This was one of my favorite shows and I'm sad to see it end. I am happy with the way they wrapped up the series and all the characters.

April 15, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Joanne

I loved the season finale it was optimistic and full of possibilities. In today's day & age we do not need to be fed the ideal romantic happy ending it's not realistic. The show was fantastic it's just like ABC to move the show around so many times and not keep the audience well informed of the time slot changes. Mindless reality TV has taken over and it's a sad thing to see.

April 15, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Shade

I have watched the show from the very start. And i loved each episode, however the finale was somewhat of a let down. I was sort of expecting a 2 hour finale to that all the ends could have been tied up. And although they were, they seemed rushed. Excellent show and i hope it is picked back up for another season. Yet, i dont really see that happening sadly.

April 15, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Maryam

THAT WAS THE ONLY GOOD SHOW I WATCHED, WHY IS IT CANCELLED, VERY SAD. I REALLY HOPE IT COMES BACK AGAIN.

April 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Berger4077

I absolutely hate that ABC dropped the show. Do we know if the same cast/writers would continue if another network picked it up? It would be nice to continue with the stories though some closure was given in the finale.

April 15, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Me

I would ban ABC from my home were it not for Modern Family. ABC takes great shows with good ratings and critical reviews and just plays willy-nilly with them on their schedules. If they had kept the show on, it would have gained more viewers because it was a perfect show for the Wed line up.

April 15, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Barb

I thought they brought the show to a good end. They could have gone on a few more seasons but they did a nice job resolving everything, And I loved that they didn't try and force the Betty/Daniel thing into the last hour. They left it up to the viewers and that was the best ending.

April 15, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Shooster

I hope another network will pick up the show.

April 15, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Greg

I agree.....IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CANCELED!!!" I strongly believe ABC killed the show on purpose by moving it to Friday, and then to Wednesday. I couldn't get used to it moving around and missed shows because of it. It has happened before when a network moves a show around like this. How stupid to do that to such an award winning show. It is my feeling that ABC (Disney) may have wanted the show off because of the controversial topics addressed on the show, and the cast's support of the "No On 8" campaign commercials aired during last fall's election. ABC, you are a stupid network. I still hate you for canceling "BOSTON LEGAL" ... ANOTHER SMART SHOW FOR A SMART AUDIENCE!

April 15, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  112. twinkie

great show..even after it was moved to my bowling night, I still DVR'd it to watch later in the week. This was a good, funny, family show. We will miss Betty.

April 15, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Moncia

Why do such shows with an underlying sincerity and POSITIVE ROLE MODELS have to end? Supposedly the ratings faltered, but as stated before, the show was beat around by scheduling chaos.

April 15, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Stacy

Ugly Betty was one of my favorites! In a tv land where everything is supposedly "reality" based, or just flat out boring, this show had some family pizzaz, positive/assertive messages, and good content that could have easily been elaborated on. I shed a few tears at last nights final and will miss this show dearly.

April 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Kristen Wiggs

i absolutely love Ugly Betty. i've been an avid view since season one. All i could do was cry, when the actualization set in that this would be the last time I would see Ugly Betty. I agree with other Ugly Betty viewers, that this was one of the few shows that had a positive storyline. I found the show to be very enjoyable and I am sad to see it go. Like others, I did hang on to the end of my seat waiting to catch a kiss between Betty and Daniel. Hopefully, this is not the complete end of Ugly Betty and maybe another station will pick it up. Until then my heart aches without my weekly dose of Betty.

April 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  116. J Buddy

I can't believe Ugly Betty was canceled! This show is so much better than many others out there. The plot may have gone askew for a while, but ABC screwed it up by constantly moving it around the schedule. We need more shows that depict minorities and the interesting family lives that a lot of us can relate to. I'm so sick of the lack of diversity on tv.

April 15, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  117. mike

In typical network fashion they unleash a fabulous show on us with fantastic acting and magnificent characters and writing and once they get us hooked...NOW TRY TO FIND THE SHOW??? The networks are responsible for the demise of quality television shows. Whoever the powers that be are at ABC, obviously generating ratings and keeping loyal fans tuned in is not your interest. Well Betty and cast and crew we definitely appreciated you and wish much success to all!

April 15, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  118. tetsong

omg i didnt want it to end... for a fan like me any ending wont be good enough but i still wanted daniel and betty to atleast share a kiss or something at the end hehe..

April 15, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Dennis

Ugly Betty was one of the best produced shows in TV history and should
    not have been cancelled! The acting – esp. Marc, Wilamena, and Betty –
    was always outstanding. No stupid laugh tracks were needed as well!
    ABC should find a way to bring this incredible program back onto the air!

April 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  120. veeney

so upset when i heard it was ending, bad decision by abc...this show had so much more potential to continue a long and memorable run. every actor made their character shine, the writing was witty and refreshing. it's just frustrating that this wasn't fully recognized by more until it was too late. bring back betty...i don't care with what network, just do it soon!

April 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Dylan

The show is fantastic, ABC never should of taken it off air. It was an emotional finale, i really hope they make a movie, cause its been said that its a possibility, or another network picks up the show,

April 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  122. amyinoaktown

Bummed it is over, but the story line this past season was not as fun and creative as the first few seasons. They did a nice job wrapping up all the story lines, and providing some closure, but still left doors open so if they ever come back on air, they can continue....Nicely done last episode...funny, touching, crazy like it should be for the fans. Wondering if Betty and Daniel remain friends or if there is more....maybe a 2-hour follow-up movie/show next year!??!

April 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Glo

They shouldn't have taken this show off.....I really wish we would have seen Daniel and Betty at least kiss. Bring back another episode.

April 15, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mgl

Classy, funny, touching ending for a classy, funny, touching show.

April 15, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Jay

Your right Kate, if the networks hadn't moved the show around so much, the fans could have kept up with it. I started from the begining and now the end. If I missed a episode at least I could watch it on the internet. I hope another network pick it up.

April 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Aminah

I loved "Ugly Betty" but moving the show around got tiresome & confusing to many.
    I like how "Ugly Betty" ended up with credits to just "Betty" and I think that is where the writers will pick up from. I don't think we've seen the end of America Ferrera as "Betty" quite yet and yes with Daniel somehow in the picture. Stay tuned folks for next years programing line up on your local networks. This show was too much of a success to be canceled, unless her contract was up and she is looking as other things to broaden her craft as a successful actress. We'll just have to wait and see.

April 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Emily

I am so disappointed, about ugly betty's ending. They should had end up together.

April 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  128. madrid

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THIS SHOW OFF. IT WAS LIGHT AND FUN.........................

THEY ALWAYS TAKE PROGRAMS OFF THAT ARE POSITIVE..

YES ANOTHER NETWORK SHOULD PICK THEM UP............

April 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Ray

It was sad to see it end, but what an ending. I loved that they gave you the feeling that the courtship between Daniel and Betty was going to start in London.

Fresh new start, new city, new love. it was great! sorry to see you go, but it had to follow the same plot as the original show in mexico call betty la fea!

April 15, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Donnie

I too have watched this show since the beginning. Liked seeing Betty transform, that was totally cool. I do hope that another station will pick it up and just call it Betty. I am disappointed, they moved them to LA last year, then could not find a good time slot. It took me a minute to even find the show for a couple of weeks there. America will do wonderfully in whatever she does as an actress. it is ABCs's loss.

April 15, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Helen

I am so sad betty is cancelled.. It felt like a part of me! I wish the betty n Daniel ending were more precise ...I wanna know more about what happened after that last scene !!

April 15, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Kate

The network moving this show around all the time made it hard to keep up with and is what killed it. I really hope another network picks it up. This is a great feel-good show, please bring it back!

April 15, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Jose Gonazales-Martinez III

I thought the time alloted didn't do any finally justice. There wasn't really a fitting surprise to the whole episode and things could have gotten better. I'd only hope that some other network picks up on Betty and she can continue on with her journey to success. If you read this Ugly Betty cast I love you and thank you for sharing and portraying the characters so well.

April 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  134. monika

I hate that this show is over...I loved the way it ended though. We can always hope for a tv movie in the future, or another network to pick it up. ABC was crazy to let Ugly Betty go so soon!!

April 15, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Rita

Please somone make this into a motion picture......they can develop Daniel and Betty's relationship further....I bet you it will be a hit!!!

April 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  136. AJ

I watched every episode from the beginning. I will certainly miss it!

April 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  137. flow

Of course it left me wanting more. ALWAYS... leave them wanting more.

April 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Robin

It never should have been cancelled!!! I hope another network pick it up!

April 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

I completely agree and hope that another network would pick up this show! PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!

August 4, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |