April 14th, 2010

Jim Carrey issues a statement on his recent tweets

Jim Carrey

Jim Carrey may have let loose some interesting tweets in the past week - first announcing his split from Jenny McCarthy, and then commenting on Tiger Woods's marital issues - but in a statement regarding the recent press coverage of his Twitter feed, Carrey said he didn't mean any harm.

“To anyone whose grievances have chosen me as their cause, I would say first, that I recognize that tendency in myself, but if you knew me well, you'd see that your resentment has been misplaced," the actor said.

"I wish every human being nothing but love and immeasurable happiness," his statement continued. "Now, I'm going to re-enter the Twitter stream and see if there is anyone left to offend!"

Earlier this week, his flurry of tweets caused some to express concern, but Carrey has assured everyone that he's not having a breakdown, but rather a breakthrough.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Dishwasher Soap for Hard Water

Thank you for every other excellent post. The place else may anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such information.

April 13, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. SHIVER

Don't some of you have someone more deserving of your hatred?
    Jim Carey?
    Are you kidding?

I'd be saying much worse things than that about women after some breakups I've had.

Look into his life before you slam the guy, it's not deserved.

Looks to me like some low life lawyer wants to make this an issue to get a new pool in his yard.

October 2, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. John

I loved Dumb and Dumber. I wish Jim would stick to what he knows, which is making a total fool of himself and getting paid for it.

April 17, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. steve

some pepole just have way too much time on their hands to pontificate their feelings on someone they really dont know personally turn the tv off and go out side and play children

April 15, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lisa

From a woman's perspective that was cheated on... I tend to agree with Jim Carrey.. Elin had her "I love my Husband and he would never cheat on me" blinders on. Been there... It just stinks that the world found out with her. Jim Carrey just said what many people were thinking and not saying out loud.

April 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jack Meoff

I like Jim Carrey. I think the guy is hilarious. It seems that people who don't like him take themselves way too seriously.

April 15, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. pip

Well it has finally happened. Hes cracked.

April 15, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Brosa

We need to thank Mr. Carey for his expert insight into matters of this nature because of his own success in his relationships. Where would we be without the moral guidance and collective wisdom of folks like Jim, Joy Behar, Sean Penn.
    Here's a funny idea Jimmy. Put 2 or 3 softballs in that big mouth, keep them there of a couple of month and then swallow!

April 15, 2010 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Monty

Come on guys its Jim Carey hes an awesome comedian and a great person. I'm sure his tweets were only what he was feeling and it seems like thats the whole point of twitter is to share what you are doing and how your feeling. The press should be greatful for twitter that way they can really get inside the celebs brains... I say leave the man alone he is already gone through a break up let him get back to normal.

April 15, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. stacy

Who cares as long as it doesn't affect my family then I CANNOT judge. However, if i'm not pleasing my husband in ALL means then I havea problem. There is a reason why every person strays in a relationship/marriage. Communication is the KEY to every relationship

April 15, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mim Williams

well, I personally think tiger woods is a dweeb and this is just another in the series of unfortunate events that is becoming his legacy – BUT I think Jim Carey is a Brilliant Man, maybe twisted a bit about the girl/boy relationship – tigers wife certainly doesn't deserve to be poked at because tigers poking every chick in his vicinity but Jim – if you read this – really, you are brilliant – this comment from you is beautifully woven and made me laugh – and Jenny needs to put on her big girl pants and beg you to smooch her lips before some other fortunate soul gets the privilege
    Mom of 17 year old Autistic Teddy

April 14, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hugh01

Jim .. I've always been a fan and will continue to be. You're harmless.

April 14, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Norma Sarkisian

Jim is one of the greatest talents in the business...I can tell he has such a tender heart...most people don't understand .. and never will. I w
    ish you all the best to you...and...many thanks for the great laughs, Jim! One of your greatest fans. Norma Sarkisian in Colorado

April 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. amy love

He disgusted me 20 years ago and he is revolting now, Way overpaid, his "acting" is way over the top, and he always looks like he needs to brush his teeth. Another has been bites the dust

April 14, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jim

Jim Carrey is about as easy to understand as a Tektronix oscilliscope

April 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lisa

"I wish every human being nothing but love and immeasurable happiness," except Elin woods. Sorry Jim, just not buying your pompous crap talk.

April 14, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. moondoggy

I agree with Denizen Kate. Let's accept Jim's apology at face value and call it a day. He is one of the funniest actors in Hollywood and made some hillarious and enjoyable movies. Not to mention his tv work especially on, In Living Color. Jim is awesome, keep up the good work!

April 14, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tone

see, when your high you do remember words you learned long ago....

good job jim....i still love ya...ya rubberface

April 14, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. DEZ

I love the statement ".....but if you knew me well, you'd see that your resentment has been misplaced,"

I can relate. We only see the Jim Carrey persona.....It only matters to who knows the man.

April 14, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. skip

Unfortunately, when you have any kind of celebrity, even if your career is pretty much washed up, the general public will hang on your words as though they are gospel. Carrey's comments were stupid, unnecessary, and hurtful, but "celebrities" who tweet already know that but think it still OK to run at the mouth. He's a loser.

April 14, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dollar79

wow, some express concern about his tweets. oh no, maybe they should come out with a new law. if anyone is offended by a tweet, they can sue. i would not be suprised if this actually happened, everyone is so touchy nowadays and ready to jump on someone for what they type. wow again

April 14, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Juan

although he shouldn't have put his two cents in...what he said wasn't offensive. He spoke what we all already thought. There is no way that she didn't have an idea what was going on...

April 14, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. shirley

He is right of course she new,there are sign any wife know.

April 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. stefanl

Did the statement say: "can do much better than Jenny, tired of her used up, high milage stuff. Trading up for a younger hotter one".

April 14, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Josh Aronoff

this is news?

Celebrity uses the internet. uhhhhhhhhhh.... what?

April 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sheppard

Who would ever take seriously anything Jim had to say about anyone's relationships – look at his record in that department. He just needs to mind his own business. Totally outta line to comment on Elin. What is he – a mind reader? Lots of folks, male & female, get blind-sided by a cheating spouse. And by spouses with a lot less resources to manage a cover-up... some of you posters better be on the lookout for some serious karma with your unsubstantiated remarks in that department...

April 14, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. wrlord01

The whole show Elin put on will soon come to an end when the world finds out she was getting some on the side as well... Tiger was just stupid and got caught!!!! She is the smart one, he was gone for a long time, she was getting money without working and getting some while he was out playing. C`mon people....

April 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Gwendolyn

OK Jim Carey – go away now. You were out of the limelight pretty much for a while so please go away again. You really do not make much sense. But, guess now that you are once again on your own with nothing to do you will make unnecessary comments about others. Bye now Jim!! :-)

April 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Alisa

I like how everyone one in the world has talked and shared opinions about the Tiger Woods scandal. But if Jim Carrey shares his opinions he's wrong? In that case everyone on this post who said Tiger Woods is wrong should also mind their own business. It's a free country, he can say whatever he wants on his personal page, it's not like he was making anti-semitic or racial remarks like some idiot actors out there. He had an opinion, and it wasn't even that bad!

April 14, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Holly

I completely agreed with his comments on Elin. While I feel bad for her she had to know something was going on. There were just too many women.

April 14, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. moon627

I think Jim Carrey is a great funny guy and theres nothing wrong with him tweeting any more than any other person out there tweeting. What i dont get is why does Elin even bother to concern herself with his opinion ? Doesnt she have more important things to deal with – like her philandering husband ? Sheesh ! Get a grip ...

April 14, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Head Diva In Charge

Honestly, he just broke up with his girlfriend, cut him some slack. Can you imagine the responses we would all get after going through something like that? The only difference between him and us is that he is famous.

April 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tiffini

I often make comments on my FB page that leave my family and friends wondering. After so long, they realize it's just my way to blow off steam, write some new jokes to test responses, etc. But when people first 'friend' me, I can get some hilarious phone calls like "Are you ok?" or "I know this really good counselor." He's just that personality type...no worries. Just more people reading his tweets and more to be concerned about it.

April 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sam

This guy is an idiot and ought to mind his own business! Who is he to comment on Elin Woods. Grown up guy.

April 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. macjones

Comforting words from Jekyll

April 14, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Leila

He is an Idiot- I really feel for Elin that has to listen to this morons speak of her life as if it were a matter of fact. The one to blame is Tiger he is a pervert and the one who stood to lose everything. Unfortunately for him he gambled and lost. Sadly, Jim Carey's tiny brain fails to understand that- Elin was living a happy life, married, children and a successful husband. Then, boom- his comment places the obvious women will always be judged, men compensated.
    Lets face it, everyone was disgusted by Tiger however, his a man. what would Jim Carey have to say if the roles were reversed.
    I think Jim Carey should Tweet less and mind his life more.

April 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It

He's a comedian so I thought his tweets were insightful from his point of view.

April 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ffnative

I think when these women marry these men (professional athletes, moviestars, etc) they KNOW to a certain degree that there is a strong chance of infidelity. I think after awhile it becomes to much to bare especially if they truly love the guy. SO I TOTALLY AGREE WITH JIM CAREY, it is no way she didn't notice something was not right. She took all she could before she just exploded! Leave Jim alone those were my thoughts as well.

April 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. T

He got a point.

April 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  40. wrlord01

I think Jim was right on point... What wife goes around thinking her guys is not geting a little something????

April 14, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  41. suckhole

Anyone commenting on this is an unbelievably pathetic loser, including me.

April 14, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tracey

Jim Carrey just said what everyone else is thinking. If Tiger really did have that many affairs, how did Elin not know? I'm just sayin'.

April 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. KristopherR

Some of these comments are hilarious. Jim Carrey is funny to certain people and not others. If you don't like him, that's fine.
    But some of you seem so bitter about his success, why don't you get over it?

April 14, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Denizen Kate

I think Jim Carrey is a bit of a troubled soul who ultimately means no harm to anyone. I think he needs to make us laugh, but sometimes he gets a little too "buried in the part" and it rankles some folks. Let's accept his apology at face value and leave it at that.

April 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  45. LBW

Did someone forget their medicine today?

April 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mark

Jim Carrey has always been an overpaid actor. He simply cannot act. What has he done. Do not say Truman because he was horrible. Plus he is no Jerry Lewis.

April 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Str8 Outta Tx

good thing george carlin died before the twitter epidemic hit. if not, he would be getting sued daily.

April 14, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mariho

Who in there right mind takes this man seriously enough to be offended? He's a comedian. Comedy these days has a "bite" to it, along with a mean twist. CHILL, what goes around comes around.

April 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Alek

Jim Carry's tweets are spelled with numbers. This tweet looks to be by a more elegant hand. $100.00 says his publicist wrote it, and told Carry that all further 'tweets' must be approved before submission.

April 14, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Andrea

Who cares...Jim Carrey is a has-been. He's a psychotic, bi-polar nutcase so of course all his comments would be extreme and irrelevant!

April 14, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • firemarshall bill

he's a has- been Andrea ? the guy has 5 movies in development so evidently he's still relevant enough to get work.

August 28, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Victor

People are taking his comments way too seriously.

Let's remember folks, this is Jim Carrey we're talking about!!!! He's a comedian!!!! A good part of their work is to offend people, so please lay off the guy.

Besides, he's only saying out loud what most of us musta have already thought about (does anyone really believe that Tiger's wife didn't even have a clue?).

April 14, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |