April 14th, 2010

'Idol' judge Kara DioGuardi takes it off in Allure

Kara DioGuardi went  nude for Allure magazine's latest issue, and the 39-year-old said it was an easier task now than it would have been 20 years ago.

“The way I felt about my body when I was 20, I would never have gotten naked,” she said in the beauty magazine’s May issue. “And now, here I am almost 40, and I’m OK with it.”

But for DioGuardi, getting naked has got nothing on being watched by millions.

“I faced my biggest fears last year, speaking live in front of 30 million people. I knew taking my clothes off wouldn’t come close to that,” the songwriter said.

DioGuardi said she didn’t change anything about her diet or workouts for the photo shoot, aside from keeping an eye on her sodium intake. After battling binge eating and depression in her early 20s, DioGuardi has reached a place where “food is not what I use to anesthetize myself anymore,” she said.

When she was struggling with eating issues, she was “a size 6 or 8," she said, adding that she's now closer to a size 2. “I have songwriting now to help me express all the things I used to stuff down," DioGuardi said. "The physical is a manifestation of what’s going on inside.”

Joining DioGuardi in the nude spread are “Death at a Funeral” actress Regina Hall; “Grey’s Anatomy’s” Jessica Capshaw; “Entourage’s” Emmanuelle Chriqui; and singer Colbie Caillat.

Filed under: American Idol 2010 • Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/14/idol-judge-kara-dioguardi-takes-it-off-in-allure/

WOW!!!!! SImply amazing

October 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jake

WOW! she is goegeous, but I wasnt thinking she would go nude!!!!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. slacker

Interesting post , I am going to spend more time reading about this subject

April 29, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Wayne

A lot of great point s here in this blog. I like Kara. I think she is a nice dedicated person. Not sure I agree with taking it off though. But again we were born nude and it became a law that we cannot walk around like that. I never seen a baby born with cloths on. But Kara may look not so good toi some people but it's what's inside that really matters to anyone making such a decision I guess. I could not care less that she did it. I would rather the judges judge the contestants. See now
    she is being judges. But she can sing! And she has a nice personality. Anyways never seems to not amaze me these days.
    I did not know she had a weight issue. Well looking good these days demands that I guess. Sometimes put it on fast while others can eat and don't get effected. I don't see her for this stuff. Just as a judge but one cannot help looking when it around. Back to Idol and the remaining contestants.

April 16, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Christine

I like her, but this picture is bad. not bad because she took her clothes off, but bad b/c she looks unhealthy.

April 15, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. pat

I JUST WANNA SEE SIMON POSING THAT WAY!!!!! WOOHOO!!

April 15, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Eva

Just because someone is a size 2- does that mean you have to go naked ? Nonsense!!!

April 15, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hate kara

She looks awful! PERIOD! LOL

April 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Agree!

I agree with "can't you read". Im sure most of the ladies on here writing these mean comments about this picture are ladies that are bigger and are too lazy to get off the couch to go for a walk or cook a sensible dinner instead of going through the drive thru. Don't hate just because you can't show off your body. She looks good. Period.

April 15, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. can't you read?

Bunch of haters you peeps are. I'm a size 6 and I love it! It's taken a lot of work to get here, but it's amazing to go from a 14 to a 6. Push away from the table, people, and stop going through the drive-thrus. Just because you fatties don't have any self control, don't hate on the rest of us that are thin and that struggle to be this way.

April 15, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. hcwriter

I have a close relative who had two boob jobs, a nose job, an eyelid job and gastric bypass and she's STILL not happy. What's next for Kara? All of the above (except gastric bypass) and the unhappiness, too!

April 15, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. frank rizzo

I'm pretty sure she never went to college

April 15, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. Eva

WHA-A-A-A-T! I can't believe this! This woman has gone nuts! I am so embarrassed for woman-hood. This is a disgrace. A big shame!
    Is this how desparate she is to keep her job in AI ? That show is getting demonic-the idol has fallen! How do you know whether the producers put her up to this. How low can Kara get ? All respect I had for her has flown out through the window. She is DISGUSTING!!! A first-class desperado.Who knows what next publicty stunt American Idol is going to pull. Isn't this contradictory to the so called principles in the show? Who remembers one contestant- some years ago that was seriously chastised by the press for some compromising pictures of her on the internet- I think it was that girl from Hawaii- I forget her name. Is Kara's case not worse- in fact progressively she is getting worse- this is a case of DDAS ( Desperate Desire for Attention Syndrom). First she went on a bikini in the show, then she stages a show singing all the songs she wrote for other people, now she is going naked- maybe next she will do a reality show to show her sleeping around with contetants ! Abomination!!!
    Obviously that show is not about real talent because they left all the real talents behind. Kara needs to go for deliverance and serious prayers- this is getting out of hand- THIS IS AN EMERGENCY- somebody call 911.

April 15, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. cliff bond

Great...She's got the bod you see @ 2pm closing time when the real babes have all been taken. Kara, keep your day job...

April 15, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. shamed for her!

Why??? Would she degrade her self like this??
    She is totally pathetic!

April 15, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. hcwriter

Kara: You've got to show who you are. (Kara's standard line from AI)

Me: You showed who YOU are.

April 15, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  17. lanray

The way she hangs on to Simon during AI is almost as disgusting. Looks like she has the morals of a snake.

April 15, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  18. Betsy

Some women are naturally a size 6 or 8. Some are naturally bigger than that. No problem. But some women are naturally a size 2. I really don't hear size 2 women criticize bigger women. It's always the other way around. I think the bigger girls should just be comfortable with who they are and let others do the same.

April 15, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. Simone

You all sound like a bunch of haters!!!! LOL I think it's funny (how retarded you all are)!

April 15, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. Leana

I don't understand why women in today's age still feel the need to take their clothes off to prove something. Seriously! How many guys do you see do that? C'mon! If I were a successful CEO of a company or owned MAC (Computers not Cosmetic Co), I wouldn't go on Allure and take my clothes off to prove something. Give me a damn break. Kara, you're talented and you don't need to get naked!

April 15, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. bill

I've been fapping to this all nite!

April 15, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. hate kara

It's kinda funny how people automatically assume that those writing negative comments are coming from overweight /fat women (whatever you wanna call them).

I mean is it possible that maybe some of these are men who just don't like Kara. Think about it? Who is Kara anyway? She's pretty much a nothing who probably f___ed Simon to get where she's at. What the hell does she know about singing? I'd like to see her belt out a tune.

I think the whole point here whether this is coming for a fat girl, a dude, a house wife, whatever...is that Kara is just so damn annoying!!!!!!!

There's gotta be a reason why she has so many hate web sites and hate pages on FB. The F cares if she's a size 6 or a size 2 or if she's naked. I mean really? NO ONE CARES! Put your clothes back on We can't stand you with them on and we really don't need to see you with them off! GO eat your rabbit food or whatever it is you do. But for the love of god.... STEP DOWN FROM IDOL! I can't stand seeing you on there week over week.

The show will probably come to an end soon now that Simon is leaving anyway... Ratings are down since she joined the show. They tried to save it with Elen (who I love), but then again, what does she know about singing either???

April 15, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  23. Derek

I'm from Wisconsin and my ass has it's own zip code....f that skinny biatch. hahaha

Geeze people are we bitter much?

April 15, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. John

13:59 and counting.

April 15, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  25. nance

. . . . yawn . . . .

April 15, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  26. extraveganza

The rib comments–seriously guys? Last time I checked, having ribs doesn't mean you have an eating disorder. Some people just don't store as much fat there. Just because she is a size 2 doesn't mean she isn't healthy, just like being a size 6 doesn't mean a person IS healthy.

April 15, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. Lori

Hey Karen, you should enjoy being naked every chance you get anyway! It's still going to feel just as nice.

April 15, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  28. TWR2422

All the negative comments are obviously overweight women that happened to stumble on this page while they were eating a snickers, wishing they looked that good at 40 regardless of the fact if you know her or not...Amazing body and there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing it off. People are soooooo uptight about nudity.

April 15, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  29. ruben

LAME

April 15, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lynne

While I commend her for loving her body- I am upset that she seems to be saying that a size 6 or 8 is heavy!- Size 2 is not the norm- good for her- but again- I wish everyone would realize that a 6 or an 8 is still a decent and acceptable place to be!

April 15, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  31. dar

good going kara- yeah, right. what a role model she is for all the young people watching idol. what is it about these people? do they not get it? yeah, that degree sure shows. a degree in what, stupidity?

April 15, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  32. OHBOY

I want to see Randy Jackson naked !!!!!!

April 15, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  33. Sybaris

I've seen that woman on AI for a couple years but I still don't know who she is, or care. Just another self absorbed twit.

April 15, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  34. tauman

The implication behind her remarks is completely moronic: "I have enough self-respect to be happy with my body the way it is...so I'm going to get naked for the world." I mean, by all means, feel free to pose for magazines, it's a free country and you're welcome to do what you want. However, to try and make it sound like getting naked for a men's magazine is a virtue is a joke. Ladies, in case you haven't figured this out (although I think that many of you have), when we see naked photos of you in a magazine, it doesn't make us look at you as sophisticated, powerful, or in control, we look at you as an object.

April 15, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  35. Ballz

Nice – a naked broad on her back looking like she has a headache – where's the justice...

April 15, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  36. Opa

Posing nude is not a big deal. Her photo is very tasteful and beautiful. The interesting thing I noted was mentioning her dress size. A size 6 or 8 is a healthy attractive size. Size 2 is getting really on the thin side. Maybe she has eating down to an art–just enough exercise and food to stay the weight she is, but I wonder if she's truly over obsessing about food or having to control everything to feel good about herself.

April 15, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  37. Mary Lou

I'd like to read the article actually (really). She seems to be a caring person. On Idol last night, there was footage of her and Elliot Yamin in Africa and she was doting on those little kids that "Idol Gives Back" is helping. Could some of the profits of the mag be going to a charity? Otherise, Kara, Kara, Kara, why??????? Oh and the average dress size for a woman today is 12.

April 15, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  38. John

Mike <<–Lastly, based on the comments so far, it doesn't sound to me like people are being too conservative. They just don't care, and don't consider it news.

Ya Mike....you and by all the comments so far, REALLY don't care. Just took the time to login and make comments....ya YOU REALLY don't care.

What a moron. If you don't care, don't comment and move on. Pretty simple concept. Ya...YOU REALLY DON't Care....LOL

April 15, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  39. guest

She looks like she has a headache and a cramp in her leg in that picture.

April 15, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  40. John

This is just what we need to be showing our young teenage girls growing up in today's world.

"Oh, posing nude was nothing."

Get real! People need to stop complaining about teenage pregnancies, abortions, etc. if they are going to support this type of stuff. I mean, come on, Kara appeals to a very young audience being a Judge on American Idol.

Yes, I'm a straight guy and I think she is hot. But this is just the wrong message to send to our children. Good move Kara!

April 15, 2010 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. Garth Roots

I'd hit it.

April 15, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  42. Kanye West

She is hot

April 15, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  43. GD

Oh my gawd! We've never seen a naked woman before! This really is headline news! Wow! Oh Wow!

It's so pathetic how debased our society has become. Bread and Circuses. Our country deserves no mercy or future.

April 15, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. dean

I agree with another poster. This isnt a nude photo . This is a censored photo of a woman that doesn't show nothing that real men would be interested in. She's not Pamela Anderson, but if it sells copies of the magazine to insecure females about their own bodies,so be it.

April 15, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kristen

I think its a great thing! She looks beautiful and obviously takes care of herself. The woman body is a beautiful thing, whats wrong with showing it? Not saying you need to show "everything", but really, who cares? This picture is not hurting anyone and its something that she feels good about...so what is the problem? There are so many other things in the world that need to be approached, this picture and her decision to be photographed is not one of them.

April 15, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  46. Too Skinny

She needs to eat something...you can be thin, healthy and toned without having your ribs showing. Actually, to be toned, she would avoid having her ribs protruding. She's a gorgeous woman, she should just eat a little.

April 15, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  47. stephen douglas

Kara who?

April 15, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  48. TC

"her ribs are showing, not healthy" says fat Anna

April 14, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Tom

I can do without that photo. Made me want to wretch.

April 14, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Shecky

I applaud her.
    She looks great.

April 14, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tree

Love here on Idol, but this isn't a very ":alluring" picture. Just plain skinny.

April 14, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Cathi

Yuck, she sucks!

April 14, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Sherri

Uuummm, why?

April 14, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. bill

Demeaning why Demeaning because you don't like it or your not as pleasing to the eye? no one forced kara to do it so myob at kara's age i'm sure she is able to make her own decision on what she is comfortable doing

April 14, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jon

Now if only she will stop talking. The body is great but the yapping is a turn off.

April 14, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  56. forreal

I don't get how being a size 6 or 8 (more of an average size) were her bad years and she had issues with eating. Now that she is a size 2 at 39( and probably starving herself) she does not have eating issues.

April 14, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  57. wowza

I can guarantee you that we will never see the men on the American Idol judges' panel nekked. .....or Ryan. Why is it that women think it's o.k. to take off their clothes??? Demeaning.

April 14, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Debcath

First there was Paula.. Now this. AI doesn't need this. Is this really necessary.. How sad.
    She states that she was struggling with eating issues, she was “a size 6 or 8," Now she's a size 2. I wouldn't exactly call that normal for someone who is almost 40 years old.

April 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. mushymushroom

I don't get it, why would she get naked?

Kara isn't my fave judge on Idol and I agree she's kinda annoying.

BUT..

I have high respects for her as a songwriter, I have learned about her stature in the music industry and she's not just so-so.

If I won't be a music artist I wanna be like her, a successful producer and songwriter.

But I won't get naked. lol.

April 14, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. 3600

at least Paula never had to resort to this ...

April 14, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. 3600

this just shows how insecure the woman really is

we get it ... you are thin ... now step away from the urge to show your skin to the world

April 14, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Charles W.

Women keep complaining about being treated differently then men....then they do this. Figures.

April 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ace Rockola

One word : Yenta.

She is such a whiner on Idol ! I have no desire to see her in her birthday suit. Now Paula, yes !

April 14, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Deb

Oh good for her.....yea, that's just what our society needs–another high-profile "star" that just feels compelled to take her clothes off. You know, it kills me when someone's answer to all their past "body issues" are magically cured by posing nude. Oh and by the way.....go eat a damn cheese sandwich, Kara, you look like Jack Skellington.

April 14, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. LouLou

Seriously, the ribs are gross, but obviously this is what the media thinks that we all want to see. If I was Kara I would have asked to have them airbrushed out, she looks like she's starving. Who knows, they probably put the ribs in!

April 14, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  66. sUiCiDeKiNg888

Wow, these "comments" are so pathetic! One has to assume that the majority of these ridiculous comments are being written by fat, uneducated, insecure, overly conservative, dimwitted trolls typing out of a dark and dank basement. Seriously, get out of your curtain-drawn house, get some sunlight, and interact with a human being now and then...perhaps after that you'll have something useful to say other then reflections of your antiquated views and antisocial opinions. Lighten up and get a friggin' life people!!!

...and Kara? Good for you, you're smokin' hot! If you got it, flaunt it!!!

April 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Thede Vilthatiam

Nasty.

April 14, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  68. bitbit

I'm a size 8, and a lot of people tell me I'm thin. Then I read a celebrity story and I feel like a whale. But I guess we need to stop focusing on a number.

April 14, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  69. ScottyB85

You can't see the goods so what are people in a huff about? It is true, no one truly cares about this, but the downers posting on this article thought it was important enough to click the link AND post a comment. Booya!

April 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  70. cheri

who cares? big deal she can strip to her bare ass. what's that really accomplishing? she did it on national tv to show up bikini girl her first season on idol. i think she's trying to be something she'll NEVER be again...20!

April 14, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Hey Fat America

Leave Kara alone. Have you noticed that Fat American parents sit in lawn chairs watching their fat kids play sports that they are not really good enough to play? And then let's hand out processed snacks and juice pouches. Lame Fat America.

April 14, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. SD

OMG and she doesnt have a nice body? lets see what you look like...muhahahahaha!! ;pve how judgemental some people can be...

embrace all shapes and sizes...and i am sure the first comment that will be said will be "o well SD you must be fat" and no thanks i am not thanks to a lot of exercise and a good diet and would it matter if i was? of course it would to most people...LOL that is the sad part...

be strong, be healthy and most of all LIVE!!!! who cares what other people think? who needs the sheep anyway...

April 14, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Robert

Who care one way are the other.

April 14, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  74. SD

OMG seriously get over yourselves...we americans are way too uptight about nudity..guess what??! everyone's naked under their clothes!!!! society tells us to be scared of everything fed and fueled by the media and to be ashamed of who we are...and most are sheep and subscribe to that agenda...

April 14, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Unknown

Interesting how tough they are with the contestants when they hear about them ,they have picture nude on the internet ..Well there ya go , there is a judge just set the example for them .
    Let's get nakid :)))) Did Simon bought the magazine yet ? hahahahahaha .
    She doesn't have nice body in the first place .. yack ....

April 14, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  76. seriously

Wow, your overweight at size 6 or 8??? That's a great role model for our kids to look up to. Hey kids if your not a size 2 your fat! dumb.

April 14, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  77. KN

so a size 6 or 8 is too big? unreal

April 14, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Amy

Ribs showing does not necessarily equal emaciated, starving children. Sometimes, even in America, people don't have 2 inches of fat covering their abdomen. Shocking, right?

April 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. laura TJ

Put some more meat on your bones !!!!! her ribs showing looks awful !!!

April 14, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Lynn

I don't get, and never have, why people want to expose their nekkid body for millions of people to see? Is it so the pervs can get their jollies? How does doing THAT make one feel good? I don't care how good you look, or what a fantastic body you have, WHY expose it for all to see? How does THAT make YOU feel good? I just don't get it. Is there nothing sacred?

April 14, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Amy

In no place does she say it's overweight to be a size 6 or 8. Simply that when she had her major body issues, that happened to be the size she was and NOW she' s a size 2. If you understand eating disorders at all, you know that someone who is suffering from one can be 80lbs. and in THEIR mind, they are morbidly obese. Relax, women.

April 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. curly in NC

She struggled with eating issues but was only a size 6 or 8? And now she's a 2? A TWO? What the heck is wrong with people? I remember when a size 6 was considered PERFECT. Now it's a 2? That's borderline anorexic. I'm happy Kara is happy with herself, but she's got to realize that she's a role model, and this sort of thing just teaches young girls who look perfectly normal at a size 6, 8, or 10 that they are fat and need to starve themselves into a 2. It's ridiculous. She needs to eat a cookie and shut up.

April 14, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. G Rogers

I don't care what she does. I still don't like her. I quit watching Idol because of her.

April 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  84. bill

LULZ, teh noooooooooooooooooooodz

April 14, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  85. bill

LOL, n00dz

April 14, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  86. drew olsen

omg i am in heaven

April 14, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  87. jj

Yo, Mike –

the 'their, there, they're" by JG – – – you need to check YOUR spelling. JG is fine!.

And MS – – you beat me to it also!!! Good job!

April 14, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Kevin in DBQ, IA

MS... DITTO!!! You beat me to it.

Read MIKE @ 1:27pm E.T. to have a good laugh...

April 14, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. ugh

“...food is not what I use to anesthetize myself anymore...”

Wonder what she uses instead. ??? Poorly worded.

April 14, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  90. zephyrhinds

i like her on Idol this year, she has improved. Have no idea what she accomplished by being nude, seems silly. She doesn't look that good, the bones are showing and have a feeling there is still an eating disorder is she thinks 6 or 8 is a problem.

April 14, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  91. MS

FOR MIKE: Your comment that is supposed to be jabbing JG for spelling cracks me up. First off, you meant grammar, not spelling. Issues with words such as "they're", "their", and "there" are not spelling issues. All of those are spelled correctly. You meant to berate him for his grammar. However, the correct usage in his comment.

Nice try. You are not as smart as you think you are.

April 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  92. my opinion

I'd tag and bag it

April 14, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  93. NeNe

Do I really need to see this? It is all her business if she wants to undress for the world to see. As a judge she stinks.

April 14, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  94. RLove

You all are just jealous. Kara is the only reason that I will subject myself to all of the fluff built into AI...thank you DVR for cutting through the crap.

April 14, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  95. sunshine

hey Samantha why don't you act a little more ghetto! I can probably bet that your insecure and fat considering you have to make it a point of talking about weight and what you're drinking. get a life. From the way you wrote your message you're probably 15.

April 14, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  96. starzzguitar

If you want attention, I think being on Idol would be enough. Guess not! Also, her dad is running for office in New York, will this hurt his chances? Or does she have a clue? Does she care? She kind of reminds me of the obnoxious know-it-all girlfriend that guys dump all the time. She looks good enough....just don't talk, okay?

April 14, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  97. smancometh

That's not healthy...she has no muscle...none. Look at her ribcage....That means she's not eating correctly and is def. not weight training. I can almost guarantee she is purging...bet me on this.

April 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  98. SF

Since Paula left Idol, Kara has become such a diva and now with this photo shoot, I'm sure it'll be worse. Has anyone else noticed how much she has changed this season? Even her voice is different this year. I think all the attention has gone to her head in a major way. If things don't improve on Idol and fast, I don't think it's going to last much longer – especially now that Simon is leaving. I am so sick of Yo, Yo Randy and Ellen who just rehashes the same comments every week.

April 14, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Bobby Smith

I will give her a meatball sub!!!!

April 14, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  100. bufka

Fonzworth, Isn't that where Fonzy went to school?

April 14, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  101. LBW

I never said that she didn't go to college. Up yours Fonzworth.

April 14, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Head Diva In Charge

Please Kara, you are BEGGING for attention. Please put it back on!

April 14, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  103. bigbill327

Smellin Ellen. It's called "FDS" buy some..

April 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Samantha

hahaha, the ellen comment almost made me spit water on my keyboard.

thats right chunky haters, water not Coke.

April 14, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Samantha

Gee, looks like a lot of fat women reading this and posting hate towards Kara. Lighten up fatties, try a salad instead of scarfing down pizza for lunch.

you go Kara!
    and I sort of think Kara has accomplished more in her life already than any of the hates here.
    Why do people love to post hate towards everything on they read on the internet. Oh yeah, insecurity.
    Have a wonderful day peeps!

April 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Aaron

I could not care less about Kara. She may be a good writer, but her peronality stinks. I haven't liked her on Idol since she started. Fox should have stuck to the winning formula; Randy, Paula & Simon!

April 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  107. bufka

Elf Ellen (Elfen) will buy that magazine. Is it me or does Ellen resemble an Elf.

April 14, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  108. lloyd

wait till her idol buddy Ellen sees this............

April 14, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Fonzworth Bosley

haha, stupid LBW not doing research before making acidic comics, classic.

April 14, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  110. bufka

is her 15 minutes up yet? PLEASE!!!!!!

April 14, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  111. SD

Since when was it not okay to be a size 6 or 8. What she has to realize that a size 2 is not necessary healthy. Women are meant to have curves. Nice ribs, eat some food!

April 14, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. VoyRmn

Going, going, p-p-p-boing!!

April 14, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  113. rbarzchar

What cracks me up, is that binge eating led her to a whopping size 6 or 8! OMG! The horror! LOL!

April 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  114. my opinion

I'd blow it in her face.

April 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Abby

Kara is so full of herself, she just loves attention anyway she can get it! AI was so much better when there were just three judges!

April 14, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Lisa

She's happy with her body so now she's taking off her clothes in a magazine. Wow! Are you kidding me? Can't woman feel happy with themselves and secure without having to take their clothes off for a magazine? I'm glad the magazine used all the cool catch phrases to get you to take your clothes off so they could sell magazines...that's the ONLY thing it comes down to. Why did you have to turn into another statistic? Can't just be an example of smart and successful. Have to lose your class too. What a disappointment.

April 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Roms

Naughty Forties !!!! Great Body too ?

April 14, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Anna

Her ribs are showing. Not healthy.

April 14, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  119. let's be real

Some of you tools need to stop using "we" or "us" because not everyone agrees with your views.

April 14, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  120. whatever

Struggling with her weight at a size 6 or 8???? Precisely what is wrong with Hollywood and the insane pressure put on young women today. A 6 or 8 is healthy!!

April 14, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  121. dcskinsfan1

Dont listen to the haters. You look good girl. The only people that dont like the pic are overweight women who look better in the dark and with there clothes on.

April 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Bella

It's nothing Simon cowell hasn't seen before...

April 14, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  123. jjboston

Eager to get some fame than those young idols.

April 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  124. TR

GEEEEEZ, you are a grown woman, get some class and self-respect!!!

April 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. jjboston

A very calculated woman – no matter how good looking, how smart she is, still love "dumb" women like Paula.

April 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  126. An observer

She makes it sound like being a six 6 or size 8 was a terrible thing. Isn't that much smaller than the norm? When did size 2 become the ideal?

April 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Karen

Wow! Some of you people are brutal!

April 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  128. sunshine

Yeah, i love how they have to get that she's now a size 2 in there and that she was a 6 or 8 before. as if that's a horrible obese size. And like we care to see her ribs sticking out...ever seen idol? all she does is perk her lips and check herself out in the tv monitors. Try doing charity work instead of dropping your clothes to make yourself feel better. No one cares about you.

April 14, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  129. bigbill327

Now that you have reach the top, it's all down hill from here..

April 14, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  130. TR

OMG! How proud you (and your folks too!!!) must be that one of your accomplishments is a ridiculas photo that you, willingly, took your clothes off for. What a shame that you believe your body is more valuable than your mind!!! Did you do anything today, or any other time in your life, to be of assistance to human kind. Who cares about your photo anyway???? You are a sad woman!!!!

April 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  131. sunshine

Really?? You are the most annoying person on TV and i can't stand watching you during idol and the fact that you are now on a magazine cover is sicking. We don't care about your eating habits. You probably have a bigger eating disorder now than you did then because you are now in the lime light. get over yourself....

April 14, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  132. hate kara

I can't stand the Paula wannabe full dressed on idol. Last thing I need is to see her without her clothes. She's hideous either way!

April 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  133. pat

Why do this? You are gorgeous and have nothing to prove. Your mind and personality are what's important!!!!!!!!!!!!

I makes me think that you are setting a bad example to younger women that you have to be thin to be successful.

Congratulations on being smart, witty, caring and genuinely a nice person.

You have caused so many of us to lose respect for you because of this photo. I am sad for you.

April 14, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jeffery

Some of these comments are funny... "14 minures and counting" Really? You obviously have no clue. You probably think she's just a judge on American Idol. HaHaHa "enough is enough" I don't even understand what that means? Kara has done, and will continue to do great things in the music industry. Maybe you don't listen to music. A lot of haters on here... and it really makes you look silly and insecure.

April 14, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  135. citizenUSA

Big deal. She's lying down with no clothes on covering her naughty bits. Not my opinion of being naked. Might as well be in a bikini. What's the purpose of even doing this? Allure is a woman's magazine. Ladies, does this do anything for you? Let me know when Megan Fox gets naked.

April 14, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Karen

Good for her! If I had a body like that I would be naked all the time! :-)

April 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  137. size8

Not sure that I would say a size 2 is all that healthy, especially with the rib look going on. Girl needs a nice hearty meatball sub.

April 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Mike

JG: If you're going to comment about attending and graduating from college, you should check your spelling. (there, their, they're!)

Also, who cares whether or not it takes guts to pose nude? It takes guts to do a lot of stupid things.

April 14, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  139. bart barth

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

April 14, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  140. kit64

@ LBW – Ummm... Kara DioGuardi did go to college; she graduated from Duke University with a Poli. Sci. degree.

April 14, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  141. euguene

She might get one strike, but would probably make it to the next round.

April 14, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  142. JG

Whether people care or not, it takes guts to do that.
    Comments about college, are ridiculous, plenty of people have taken their clothes off who have attended and graduated from college. Kara graduated from Duke with a degree in Political Science.
    It's simply a naked body. Americans need to get over their conservative, let's not look a naked body, it's wrong mentality.

April 14, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  143. JG

Whether people care or not, it takes guts to that.
    Comments about college, are ridiculous, plenty of people have taken there clothes off who have attended and graduated from college. Kara graduated from Duke with a degree in Political Science.

April 14, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Henry

14 minutes and counting

April 14, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  145. hirisc

HOT.....er I mean good for her :)

April 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  146. mary

Why do we care ??????

April 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  147. LBW

She has done a really, really great thing. Her life is truly complete. Why go to college and make a difference when you can just take your clothes off?

April 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |